Wolverine vs Deathstroke/Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Deathstroke and Batman only get titanium swords for this battle. All other equipment is stripped from them.

Placidity
Um Titanium swords? May as well be cardboard.

Cogito
^ This

But team wins anyways. They're skilled enough martial artists to avoid Logan's claws, and two people of their caliber is too much for Wolvie to handle.

They pin him to the ground or a wall (with swords).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Placidity
Um Titanium swords? May as well be cardboard.

Yeah... they won't hold up to Wolverine's claws. One wave of his hand and their weapons are history.

Originally posted by Cogito
^ This

But team wins anyways. They're skilled enough martial artists to avoid Logan's claws, and two people of their caliber is too much for Wolvie to handle.

They pin him to the ground or a wall (with swords).

And what then? He'd just cut the swords to pieces and pull the remaining parts out of his chest. Or just continue to fight with them stuck in.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2148/wolv900010.th.jpg http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7317/wolv900011.th.jpg http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2268/wolv900012.th.jpg

Cogito
mmm

You think I meant they'd let him move or use his arms after they put him down?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah... they won't hold up to Wolverine's claws. One wave of his hand and their weapons are history.

And what then? He'd just cut the swords to pieces and pull the remaining parts out of his chest. Or just continue to fight with them stuck in.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2148/wolv900010.th.jpg http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7317/wolv900011.th.jpg http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2268/wolv900012.th.jpg those scans are just as damning as they are beneficial for your case.

StiltmanFTW
How so?

mmm

You think I meant they'd let him move or use his arms after they put him down?

They're not strong enough to keep him restrained. And there's no Black Panther with his Cosmic Armbar around for them to call.

Cogito
They're not strong enough to keep him restrained.

lol

You're losing it.

StiltmanFTW
lol

You're losing it.

No, it's just a fact. Not only he's too strong, but his moves are also too erratic. It would be like trying to restrain a wild animal that knows martial arts laughing out loud

She-Hulk could barely do it, iirc.

Cogito
Wolverine isn't that strong. Slade is fairly comparable. Batman, obviously, is peak human.

Plus, they're both highly experienced in martial arts and have techniques for restraining opponents/using their strength against them.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine isn't that strong. Slade is fairly comparable. Batman, obviously, is peak human.

Plus, they're both highly experienced in martial arts and have techniques for restraining opponents/using their strength against them.

Slade is enhanced, but he isn't on Wolverine's level. Far from it. He barely has any strength feats to speak of.

He got out of Gorilla Man's full nelson hold. I can't see them restraining all of his limbs. And that's what they would have to do. Logan was kicking the shit out of people with his arms restrained on many occasions.

Cogito
Slade is enhanced, but he isn't on Wolverine's level. Far from it. He barely has any strength feats to speak of.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

StiltmanFTW
Okay.

Mshinu
Originally posted by carver9
Deathstroke and Batman only get titanium swords for this battle. All other equipment is stripped from them.

You just ordered a bat-kebab with sladesauce.

the ninjak
People complaining that Logan isn't strong just isn't true.

Saw him tank a truck a few issues back. The whole engine was crushed in and Logan was still standing in it saying "Get out of here".

Prep-Man
Team.

StiltmanFTW
How?

Sin I AM
the two take him for the maj...

leonidas
do they get all their regular gear as well? if not, they're fighting him unarmed after a couple seconds and they'll get slaughtered. if they get their gear they win 10/10.

Philosophía
They're not strong enough to keep him restrained. You're joking, right?

Harbinger
Originally posted by leonidas
do they get all their regular gear as well? if not, they're fighting him unarmed after a couple seconds and they'll get slaughtered. if they get their gear they win 10/10.

Originally posted by carver9

Just the swords. No gear.

Lord Feron
Team gets chopped to pieces.

Cogito
Originally posted by the ninjak
People complaining that Logan isn't strong just isn't true.

Nobody has said Logan isn't strong.

do they get all their regular gear as well? if not, they're fighting him unarmed after a couple seconds and they'll get slaughtered.

thumb up Batman has never fought a skilled opponent with a sword-like weapon before.

leonidas
once the swords are broken the best they could do is hit and run, but with only their hands there is zero chance they can accumulate enough damage to ko him before he lands a couple claw strikes. without their gear it becomes grossly unfair. if they work together they can last for a while, get in some shots, but they lose 10/10 in the end.

Batman-Prime
Team 10/10

leonidas
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Team 10/10

that implies a couple things: either you believe the swords will last long enough to allow the team to accumulate enough damage to put him down (i don't know how you imagine the swords lasting for long), or, you believe that even WITHOUT swords, using only their hands against his claws, they can accumulate enough damage to put him down. both scenarios seem pretty impossible to me--unlikely even 1/10. to say these things happen 10/10 times..... care to elaborate on how they pull this off?

JakeTheBank
that implies a couple things: either you believe the swords will last long enough to allow the team to accumulate enough damage to put him down (i don't know how you imagine the swords lasting for long), or, you believe that even WITHOUT swords, using only their hands against his claws, they can accumulate enough damage to put him down. both scenarios seem pretty impossible to me--unlikely even 1/10. to say these things happen 10/10 times..... care to elaborate on how they pull this off?

I'm gonna go with Batgod.

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm gonna go with Batgod.

see, now that's an explanation i can respect.

Cogito

or...

Team incapacitates him with their bare hands, then puts him down for the count with swords.

Team 8-10/10

leonidas
or...

Team incapacitates him with their bare hands, then puts him down for the count with swords.

Team 8-10/10

you think they can take him out barehanded while he has his claws? yeah, i'll go ahead and disagree with that.... again, give them gear, i can see it. straight h2h against logan and claws? he slaughters them.

damn, i sound like srank. look what you guys are forcing me to do!

Batman-Prime
It's not like they have't fought opponents wih dangerous weapons before. They are skilled enough to avoid the claws, they too have some cutting weapons and working as a team, Logan will pretty much get more then he dishes out. They are as skilled as him and they won't fight stupid. He charges an opponent as skilled as DS or Batgod won't be an instant win, it will be a hard fight and when you fight one as good as you, while having your back exposed to another skilled fighter... no way in hell is he winning this.

srankmissingnin
damn, i sound like srank. look what you guys are forcing me to do!

You mean you sound like you know what you are talking about? Revel in it, I do. cool

Wolverine's healing factor is simply to powerful. Slade and Batman couldn't put Wolverine down in h2h if they had a month to do it, and titanium swords don't even begin to balance that scale. Logan's damage soak is too insane, and the team is neither strong enough to restrain him effectively, nor skilled enough to do it without getting mortally wounded. Wolverine wins.

CosmicComet
The swords will break against his bones, and then they'll be left with just their fists.

Wolverine wins eventually as they will tire, and he will not.

thanos-prime
Team 10/10.

leonidas
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You mean you sound like you know what you are talking about? Revel in it, I do. cool

i could use a little revel.

yep, pretty much.

leonidas
It's not like they have't fought opponents wih dangerous weapons before. They are skilled enough to avoid the claws, they too have some cutting weapons and working as a team, Logan will pretty much get more then he dishes out. They are as skilled as him and they won't fight stupid. He charges an opponent as skilled as DS or Batgod won't be an instant win, it will be a hard fight and when you fight one as good as you, while having your back exposed to another skilled fighter... no way in hell is he winning this.

logan could fall on a blade and cut it and not be taken out. the blades would likely break on his bones. no way the swords last. without them, they have no chance at all. make the swords adamantium and things are different. the swords may as well be wood for this fight.

Batman-Prime
logan could fall on a blade and cut it and not be taken out. the blades would likely break on his bones. no way the swords last. without them, they have no chance at all. make the swords adamantium and things are different. the swords may as well be wood for this fight.

He could cut the Swords with his claws but I doubt they have the strength to break Titanium on his bones... The swords are as good as they can be, just not for blocking (so they have to dodge), everything else is fine and a Sword beween the ribs to the heart/lungs is something quite effective against logan. Repeat it till he goes down and he will.

StiltmanFTW
Still Wolverine.

srankmissingnin
He could cut the Swords with his claws but I doubt they have the strength to break Titanium on his bones... The swords are as good as they can be, just not for blocking (so they have to dodge), everything else is fine and a Sword beween the ribs to the heart/lungs is something quite effective against logan. Repeat it till he goes down and he will.

laughing

I assume you download your comics illegally? Because you'd get laughed out of a comic shop with this bullshit.

At least take the time to wiki all the characters in the thread, because this is embarrassing.

thanos-prime
Team wins.

pym-ftw
Wolverine for a solid majority

namorsubby
Team of course.

StiltmanFTW
How? They only have swords that are going to get one-shotted...

namorsubby
Remember when elektra disabled wolverine with that sai?

StiltmanFTW
Yes and I don't see them replicating that feat with swords...

pym-ftw
The team doesn't have a sai
ninja

StiltmanFTW
And neither of them is Elektra.

namorsubby
I think any sharp, slender object will do.

Also, You guys are real big on Elektra around here. Neither Slade or Bruce could replicate that in a coordinated dual effort? Laughable.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by namorsubby
I think any sharp, slender object will do.

Not really. And no sword can beat sais in a precise attack like that one in EOTS.

Also, You guys are real big on Elektra around here. Neither Slade or Bruce could replicate that in a coordinated dual effort?

Coordinated effort. They have no experience working as a team.

Elektra faced Wolverine before, another advantage the duo don't have.

-Pr-
They didn't work together during the invasion?

Badabing
Batkick ftw. Yeah, I said it Srank. sneer

Cogito
Originally posted by Badabing

thumb up Proven 100% effective against Canadians

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/68160/2377416-1963274-wolverine_deer.jpg

namorsubby
Not really. And no sword can beat sais in a precise attack like that one in EOTS.

Coordinated effort. They have no experience working as a team.

Elektra faced Wolverine before, another advantage the duo don't have. Yeah cause that what these guys lack, precision.

Also, Bruce and Slade are both strategic master minds. The chance of them not being able to work together against a foe who they have general knowledge of is virtually non-existent.

Also Also, I believe that was Elektra and Wolverines first encounter with one another. Not in publication history, but in the characters chronological history.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah cause that what these guys lack, precision.

Also, Bruce and Slade are both strategic master minds. The chance of them not being able to work together against a foe who they have general knowledge of is virtually non-existent.

Also Also, I believe that was Elektra and Wolverines first encounter with one another. Not in publication history, but in the characters chronological history.

They can even have Bullseye's accuracy, they're not achieving the desired result with swords. Big, heavy and completely useless here. Also, what would stop Wolverine from dodging/blocking/disarming them...?

Thing is they'd need to work really well together and have near-perfect timing...

It wasn't. She fought Wolverine freshly after Weapon X project and retrained Bone Claw Logan.

namorsubby
Long, slender, and can easily slip through a ribcage. Oh, and I guess the same thing that stopped him with elektra.

I dont see why you think they couldn't. Its not like they both have to be holding the sword that penetrates his lung. Either one could do it, certainly slade at least.

This was when she fought him after weapon x.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine's healing factor was virtually bottomed out when Elektra did that to him. SHIELD was keeping him alive with medical equipment right before that fight went down...

Is that the scenario for this thread? Batman and Slade vs Wolverine sans healing factor? If that's the case, it's conceivable that they could paralyze Wolverine, otherwise they get their shit pushed in with the greatest of ease.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Badabing

Boi u so dumb sumtimez. embarrasment

srankmissingnin
Yeah cause that what these guys lack, precision.

I don't even... I mean... I'm not even sure... what...

You think that EOTS is chronologically Wolverine and Elektra's first encounter? Is that SERIOUSLY how limited your knowledge of these characters is? She fought Bone-claw Wolverine in the 90s. Wolverine and teamed up in Elektra v1. They even had a untold tales style team-up in First Class. Jesus. Recuse yourself from this thread, you are an embarrassment.

-Pr-
While I disagree with anyone saying that the two won't work well together (they can), I don't see it being enough with Batman's gadgets to help them out.

namorsubby
I don't even... I mean... I'm not even sure... what...

You think that EOTS is chronologically Wolverine and Elektra's first encounter? Is that SERIOUSLY how limited your knowledge of these characters is? She fought Bone-claw Wolverine in the 90s. Wolverine and teamed up in Elektra v1. They even had a untold tales style team-up in First Class. Jesus. Recuse yourself from this thread, you are an embarrassment. You're so silly.

It was right after weapon x, so I assumed it was theyre first meeting. When did she fight logan before he became wolverine as we know him?

Even if his hf isn't taxed. Wtf is he gonna do, heal through the sword?

only a raging fan boy would suggest that logan stomps this team. Which you are. Elektra is more than enough of a challenge for him alone, but this team can't contend? What a putz....

abhilegend
Wasn't logan incapacitated by falling on a sword in EOTS when he fought daredevil? He was also killed by gorgon with a sword IIRC. God that story was dumb.

srankmissingnin
You're so silly.

It was right after weapon x, so I assumed it was theyre first meeting. When did she fight logan before he became wolverine as we know him?

Even if his hf isn't taxed. Wtf is he gonna do, heal through the sword?

only a raging fan boy would suggest that logan stomps this team. Which you are. Elektra is more than enough of a challenge for him alone, but this team can't contend? What a putz....

The incident being discussed, where Elektra paralyzed Wolverine with her sai, took place in Enemy of State. The EotS arc was published in 2005 and at the time it was published was taking place in current continuity, not in the past. Elektra had had several encounters with Wolverine at that point in time.

We've never seen their first meeting in print. Wolverine and Elektra: The Reedemer is non-canon prose, and they already knew each other when they met in Wolverine First Class.

I guess so... or around to be more accurate. Wolverine has been pincushioned by swords, spears, arrows on dozens of occasions... it is a trifling nuisance at best. Nothing more. Batman and Deathstroke with swords, can't do jack shit to Wolverine.

Elektra is not enough to challenge Wolverine alone. She got the best of a half dead, brain washed Wolverine, who was missing part of his soul (which as I've told you before, was directly stated in print to have negatively impacted ALL of his abilities) Wolverine who's healing factor wasn't working and was already engaged in combat by ambushing him. If the two every fought one on one, best of their abilities, Wolverine would win with minimal effort... and Elektra is better than both Slade and Bruce.

This team has nothing on the table that can slow Wolverine down. Sans prep Wolverine wins 10/10 and it isn't even competitive. You can add the rest of the Batfamily to the picture and Wolverine would still win.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by abhilegend
Wasn't logan incapacitated by falling on a sword in EOTS when he fought daredevil? He was also killed by gorgon with a sword IIRC. God that story was dumb.

Not quite. Falling on the sword merely broke the mind control for long enough for Wolverine to explain to Matt what was happening. We are never told how Wolverine was killed, it happened off panel, so there is some wiggle room for the poor plotting and nonsensical writing of Mark Millar.

Some people consider EotS and Old Man Logan to be great. God have mercy on their souls. sad

namorsubby
So it took place right after weapon x, but not in the past? Right.....

he cant heal with it stuck in there. The fact that his hf was taxed doesn't negate that.

Thats not the only time shes contended well against logan, not mention other elite peaks like cap. You have a thing about not giving dc elite streets props, but elektra is not better than either of those two. Brcue has the best overall resume for peak human streets and and slade would beat several elektra's with minimal prep.

They could get a sword, stuck in him in a physically disabling area, like elektra. He can't heal through it.

Badabing
Boi u so dumb sumtimez. embarrasment WARNED!

abhilegend
Not quite. Falling on the sword merely broke the mind control for long enough for Wolverine to explain to Matt what was happening. We are never told how Wolverine was killed, it happened off panel, so there is some wiggle room for the poor plotting and nonsensical writing of Mark Millar.

Some people consider EotS and Old Man Logan to be great. God have mercy on their souls. sad
Yeah, I re-read EOTS(What a mess) and you're right. Logan says POTUS to matt and then got teleported away. Wasn't gorgon seen attacking logan behind his back with a sword after logan was visiting his friend whose son HAND killed to lure him? I thought logan was killed there.

Yeah, both EOTS and OML are phucking dumb, mark millar has written only one story worth mentioning and its Superman:Red Son.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.