NExt generation RTS games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
Are there any next generation RTS games in production at the moment? I have been looking around a little but most of the newer games in development seem to be RPG style or FPS genres, I am hoping theres an RTS to come along in the not too distant future.

Has anyone seen or heard of any newer gen RTS games?

Smasandian
There might a new Company of Heroes, but the only major one I can think of is the next chapter in Starcraft 2.

Utrigita
I think that Arthur Kingdom something is also (from what I've seen in the trailer) something close to RTS. But yeah Starcraft 2 is the most obvious (and probably the reason as to why we don't see others atm)

RE: Blaxican
Dawn of War 3 is in production atm, and the developers are saying it's still an RTS like the last two DoW's, but plays "a lot like an MMO".

ArtificialGlory
Made me think, you know. Where have all the RTS games gone to? I suppose I can think of 'Heart of the Swarm', 'DoW 3', and 'Age of Empires Online.'

Smasandian
It might be a niche genre now. Aside from the prominent RTS developers (Relic, Blizzard and so forth), maybe we only see a couple of triple AAA titles every coupe of years.

Looking at Steam's store page, I think they're might be a big amount of indie developers doing RTS.

Burning thought
Hm thats a shame, its one of my favourite genres. I finish most FPS games in a day or two and although RPG games are getting better (Skyrim ftw in a few months with any luck) its always nice to have a large scale war to play with now and then like DoW, AoE etc. Maybe ill just have to play olde games until more light is shed on the new DoW and CoH. Heart of the swarm interests me but I will have to try not to play it too much in one time because I sort of "worn out" SC's single player content if you know what I mean (I am too chicken to continue in the SC2 MP).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.