Straw Dogs (2011)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Rhythmic
Well, another remake rises from the unoriginality of Hollywood.
jc2WepwFcWE

Might be alright, but I have to say, when most of the clips come from the film's ending, I'm not sure what to think. This really does feel like a strict Hollywood remake of an artful piece of cinema.
But who knows? Maybe it'll be a good film.

jaden101
I've not got high hopes but I will be going to see it seeing as there is almost nothing getting released between now and the end of the year that remotely piques my interest. Red State and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy are about the only other films that look even remotely good.

Robtard
This won't be very good, the cast is 'meh' at best. They should have kept it in England too, Alabama hicks aren't as interesting as UK goons.

Mindship
<-- still waiting for the Wizard of Oz and 2001: a space odyssey remakes.

BruceSkywalker
liked the original, this here not sure yet

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
<-- still waiting for the Wizard of Oz and 2001: a space odyssey remakes.

Wizard of Oz has been remade before: The Wiz

Some will say it's not a remake, just blackcification of a film.

-Pr-
James Marsden? No thanks.

Scythe
When Eric fights Scott Summers, no one's winnin' this one.

Mindship
Originally posted by Robtard
Wizard of Oz has been remade before: The Wiz

Some will say it's not a remake, just blackcification of a film. I would say that was a fun remake for its time, not a serious, timeless remake. Yes. I would say that. And so I did.

Manofwords
This looks awful... another film that simply just didn't need a remake...

The original is an out & out classic and just been issued on Blu... I'm implore all those that haven't seen it to check it out.

jinXed by JaNx
Doesnt look to bad. Looks to be more fast paced than the original which should be a good thing. The original had horrible pacing. I was bored to death before anything significant started to happen.The cast does seem questionable but not having seen the cast in any movies before i cant rightly judge

Kazenji
Have'nt even seen the original.......

jinXed by JaNx
Its probably not worth it at this point, man. There is some decent acting from Dustin Hoffman of course and the subject matter is intriguing but the execution is stale and dated by todays standards, at least for me. I've been heavily desensitized by these types of movies though so most of the impact was probably lost on me.

KylaWasHere
I quite like James Marsden. He's a cutie. As for the movie; I think I'll watch it. Wouldn't go to the theater for it, I'll probably wait for it to be on icefilms.

Mindset
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Doesnt look to bad. Looks to be more fast paced than the original which should be a good thing. The original had horrible pacing. I was bored to death before anything significant started to happen.The cast does seem questionable but not having seen the cast in any movies before i cant rightly judge You didn't see X-men?

super pr*xy
remake? more like photocopy, with some alterations.. even the poster has the same design as the old one.. hollywood = not trying..

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Doesnt look to bad. Looks to be more fast paced than the original which should be a good thing. The original had horrible pacing. I was bored to death before anything significant started to happen.The cast does seem questionable but not having seen the cast in any movies before i cant rightly judge

I agree this version doesn't look too bad at all...but I still question why the need for a remake?

There's already a lot of b-grade, straight to dvd thrillers that touch on the same theme of Straw Dogs.

The original may have had horrible pacing but that was a trademark to Peckinpah's style of directing.

He relished on taking the slow, mundane aspects of life then slowly introducing the brewing of violence that would go uncontrolled by the movie's end. Much of his movies always left you feeling uneasy.

The original rape scene left the viewer themselves feeling the violation & contempt for the attackers...but then the rape victim herself seemed to "enjoy" the brutal sex, once again leaving the viewer confused as to what to feel.

Kazenji
Originally posted by super pr*xy
remake? more like photocopy, with some alterations.. even the poster has the same design as the old one.. hollywood = not trying..

If thats the case

sounds like another Psycho job.

Galan007
Just dl'ed this movie for the lulz. T'was God-awful.

Aside from the horrible acting (which I expected) it pissed me off to no end how Scott Summers' whore of a wife actually seemed to ENJOY the 'pseudo-rape' with her ex boyfriend. Then at the end, after the whore's ex and a hoarde of his cronies broke in and tried to kill them all, the whore seemed UPSET when Scott killed the guy in defense. The skank sickened me, actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.