Thanos vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
I sure did do it.

No bfring.

All powers included.

the ninjak
Stalemate/

Woops apparently Thanos can kill things that normally can't die.
Being a Death Avatar and all that jazz.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by carver9
I sure did do it.

No bfring.

All powers included.

Wow Carver now that's confidence not even a fist fight all powers included.

carver9
Originally posted by the ninjak
Stalemate/

Woops apparently Thanos can kill things that normally can't die.

Hulk does too. He killed a Mindless one and destroyed some during his fight against She Rulk.

carver9
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Wow Carver now that's confidence not even a fist fight all powers included.

So what powers would Thanos use to drop Hulk?

the ninjak
Aren't Mindless Ones just really invulnerable beasts from another dimension? Like Juggs Lite with ray beams.

They don't really stand up to Cthonic deities who decimate whole realities.

JakeTheBank
I sure did do it.

No bfring.

All powers included.

LrQ2pKMwQC4

carver9
Aren't Mindless Ones just really invulnerable beasts from another dimension? Like Juggs Lite with ray beams.

They don't really stand up to Cthonic deities who decimate whole realities.

The entire race of mindless ones dominated Dormammu in his own realm. He couldn't kill them and he had strange backing him up.

SuperiorTech

I was just making an observation no need to get all uppity about it.

the ninjak
The entire race of mindless ones dominated Dormammu in his own realm. He couldn't kill them and he had strange backing him up.

I swear I read an issue of some comic recently where the characters involved did some real damage to those guys.

I'll be back!

I'm Back. Freakin NextWave baby! They kicked their asses. And Thanos will kick NextWave so yeah. wink

Mshinu
Thanos STOMPS the green kermit meatball into meat sauce all over the place.

vansonbee
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6165/thedefendersv302008009.jpg

Mindless one's dominate Dormammu, because his magic doesn't work on them or what?

SuperiorTech

Those things have been killled before I dont know if they were suppose to be invulnerable before but they aren't now.

carver9
I was just making an observation no need to get all uppity about it.

Lol...its you Superior. My goal is to always dominate you in a debate. I made this thread just for that reason.

carver9
Those things have been killled before I dont know if they were suppose to be invulnerable before but they aren't now.

Why did Umar state she couldn't beat them then?

SuperiorTech
Why did Umar state she couldn't beat then then?

They are an entire race of mindless ones I assume she means she cant beat them all but I have seen them killed before.

the ninjak
Don't ignore my post Carver9.

Endless Mike
No BFRing but all powers included? Paradox!

carver9
I swear I read an issue of some comic recently where the characters involved did some real damage to those guys.

I'll be back!

I'm Back. Freakin NextWave baby! They kicked their asses. And Thanos will kick NextWave so yeah. wink

I never said they didn't have any low showings. Even during the Hulk issue they were depicted as powerful.

the ninjak
I never said they didn't have any low showings. Even during the Hulk issue they were depicted as powerful.

Against magical based realities. Against a team of high powered mercenaries they go down.

Thanos would destroy an army of Mindless Ones if he was dumped in the middle of em.

carver9
They are an entire race of mindless ones I assume she means she cant beat them all but I have seen them killed before.

But Hulk drove them back and was working them without much trouble at all.

Black bolt z
Thanos.

carver9
Against magical based realities. Against a team of high powered mercenaries they go down.

Thanos would destroy an army of Mindless Ones if he was dumped in the middle of em.

No he wouldn't. If a skyfather and a nigh high trans tier being couldn't do it, together... Thanos wouldn't be able to either.

It was already explained why Thanos was able to kill the unkillable.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
As a neutral third party:

Are the Mindless Ones specifically immune to magic and effective against magic or are they all around nigh impossible to injure and kill?

Parmaniac
Why did Umar state she couldn't beat them then? On panel proof > character statements

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
On panel proof > character statements

It was stated twice. Once by her and then by Strange. It must was true since the Mindless Ones was walking around freely until Hulk got there.

carver9
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
As a neutral third party:

Are the Mindless Ones specifically immune to magic and effective against magic or are they all around nigh impossible to injure and kill?

They are basically immune to all forms of injury "consistently". There are times where they have been injured though. Kind of like Juggernaut. Even though he is completely invulnerable, he has PIS moments.

the ninjak
No he wouldn't. If a skyfather and a nigh high trans tier being couldn't do it, together... Thanos wouldn't be able to either.

It was already explained why Thanos was able to kill the unkillable.

Yes he would. Hence your later sentence. Plus in the Physical Plane where this fight is taking place. A place that NextWave took them down.

SuperiorTech
But Hulk drove them back and was working them without much trouble at all.

Two Things

Mindless ones are not invulnerable or impossible to kill if they were portrayed that way back in the day it's long gone as they have been killed and destroyed before.

Example

http://thumbnails52.imagebam.com/14793/34a1df147921923.jpg

We caught Umar and Hulk mid battle against the Mindless Ones we don't know how long this battle was going if he had trouble with them or not or if Umar was helping him during it but from my count they were no more than 50 mindless Ones present and thats being generous as opposed to the entire race of these things

They didn't even take them all down Umar put up a shield and you could see them alive and well behind it.

http://thumbnails53.imagebam.com/14793/0fa59d147922067.jpg http://thumbnails42.imagebam.com/14793/8d42f3147922073.jpg

I am not denying these guys are not powerful but I thinks their numbers play a huge role in that.

http://thumbnails30.imagebam.com/14793/61b605147922357.jpg

carver9
Yes he would. Hence your later sentence. Plus in the Physical Plane where this fight is taking place. A place that NextWave took them down.

Do you have scans?

the ninjak
Do you have scans?

Shotguns.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/Nextwave_8-11.jpg

And BOOM BOOM trying to spell her name out for MachineMAn.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/Nextwave_8-14.jpg

LOLZ I luv Boom Boom.

SuperiorTech
Um why the hell are they wearing clothes and is that a shot gun that she took them out with?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Well, if Thor could physically shatter and kill them, I don't see why Hulk or Thanos couldn't do the same.

the ninjak
Um why the hell are they wearing clothes and is that a shot gun that she took them out with?

Hey man. Pay Elsa Bloodstone some freakin respect! She blew the crap outa them. Power of the Bloodstone baby.

Parmaniac
Um why the hell are they wearing clothes and is that a shot gun that she took them out with? They might be mindless but they have a fashion instinct.

Where are the scans from with Spider-man in?

h1a8
Current Hulk is the same as the Hulk before current when the situation isn't a repetition of events (coming back to life). That means Hulk will hold back like he normally does since he realizes that death is now permanent. He doesn't want to kill and won't unless he knows everything is going to be okay (like his victim is going to come back to life).

So Thanos wins by blasting Hulk nonstop. If Thanos engages in a physical match then he loses big time.

psycho gundam
pretty sure thanos is an exception to that rule. every marvel hero knows him to be a villain of the worst kind

he had no problem stomping arm'cheddon's face till he died (or was barely alive)

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
pretty sure thanos is an exception to that rule. every marvel hero knows him to be a villain of the worst kind

he had no problem stomping arm'cheddon's face till he died (or was barely alive)
Didn't know he killed him (I knew he beat him though).
But if he did then Hulk knew everything was going to be restored because of the wish.

Black bolt z
Why is physicality even in this fight?

Thanos could just easily win through mindrape.

SuperiorTech
Hulk resisted both Xavier and Xemnu the Titan he also prevented Strange from getting into his mind until he was distracted.

I don't see Thanos easily mind-raping him at all.

dmills
It seems that they're more of an annoyance when they have large numbers then anything else.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1315092564368.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1315092576068.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1315092620942.jpg

As for this fight. Hulk? Beat Thanos?

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/derpy_hooves_rollin___by_icebreak23-d48plqs.gif

cdtm

Transmutation.

He did it to a Skrull. Hulk doesn't have greater molecular control than a Skrull.

cdtm
Hulk resisted both Xavier and Xemnu the Titan he also prevented Strange from getting into his mind until he was distracted.

I don't see Thanos easily mind-raping him at all.

He's also been dropped by telepathy in his fight with Drax, though.

Maybe he's resistant to having his mind read, but not so much to having it shut down.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by cdtm
Transmutation.

He did it to a Skrull. Hulk doesn't have greater molecular control than a Skrull.

No, but doesn't he have feats where he reversed molecular and magical changes through his Healing Factor?

And didn't Molecule Man mention how Daken's healing factor was fighting and reversing the changes he did to him?

Black bolt z

I don't see Thanos easily mind-raping him at all. Didn't moondragon with the mind gem beat xavier in a mind battle (infinity crusade I thinK) and didn't thanos beat moondragon with mind gem in a mind battle?

dmills

Maybe he's resistant to having his mind read, but not so much to having it shut down.

No need for any of that, dude just gives him a Zeus.

quanchi112
Thanos straight mercs him.

SuperiorTech

I pretty sure that was professor Hulk Xavier has also in the past been success in the past but failed against current Hulk it is like many other things that worked against him in the past that don't anymore Sentry's aura for instance or Rulk being able to drain Savage Hulk and then being completely ineffective when Hulk was powered back up.

psycho gundam
mind rape is highly dubious. 1) thanos' uses of it have context (mind gem/opponent was already ko'd), 2) hulk is seemingly more resistant than ever

quanchi112
mind rape is highly dubious. 1) thanos' uses of it have context (mind gem/opponent was already ko'd), 2) hulk is seemingly more resistant than ever Do you honestly think Hulk can resist being killed by Thanos ?

psycho gundam
"resist", most definitely.

hulk probably loses, but he'd give thanos a fight not too unlike the tyrant bout if hulk goes apeshit

carver9
Transmutation.

Hulk was turned into stone and his healing factor turned him back almost immediately and this was grey Hulk.

That's not going to work.

Simbon
Hulk was turned into stone and his healing factor turned him back almost immediately and this was grey Hulk.

That's not going to work.

First of all, Gargoyle's transmutation abilities are totally superficial next to people like Surfer and Thanos. Resisting Gargoyle means absolutely nothing here.

Second of all, when will you ever stop being dishonest about Hulk's feats? Grey Hulk took pages before he was fully restored; he was mobile, but still stony and slow. It was not "almost immediately." It is one thing to have an opinionated view of a character, but you consistently misrepresent comics to make your case. Claiming that the mindless ones are like juggernaut; claiming that Armageddon effortlessly beat Surfer, when the reality was that he briefly exploited Surfer's own power before Norrin asserted himself; claiming that Hulk destroyed the dark dimension; claiming that hulk's mere presence was melting trans-level beings (BS on two counts) -- and this is not even getting to other characters, like Gladiator, where you deliberately posted non-canon scans without identifying them as such. As much as I enjoy everybody here's craziness, Carver (your "oh wow, character x is now officially in a different tier" moments, h1's goofy calculations, Rage's Asgardian fetish, Bada's badaness, etc.), this kind of blatant dishonesty is simply too much.

h1a8
Thanos wins by blasting and staying away, pure and simple.

carver9
Originally posted by Simbon
First of all, Gargoyle's transmutation abilities are totally superficial next to people like Surfer and Thanos. Resisting Gargoyle means absolutely nothing here.

Second of all, when will you ever stop being dishonest about Hulk's feats? Grey Hulk took pages before he was fully restored; he was mobile, but still stony and slow. It was not "almost immediately." It is one thing to have an opinionated view of a character, but you consistently misrepresent comics to make your case. Claiming that the mindless ones are like juggernaut; claiming that Armageddon effortlessly beat Surfer, when the reality was that he briefly exploited Surfer's own power before Norrin asserted himself; claiming that Hulk destroyed the dark dimension; claiming that hulk's mere presence was melting trans-level beings (BS on two counts) -- and this is not even getting to other characters, like Gladiator, where you deliberately posted non-canon scans without identifying them as such. As much as I enjoy everybody here's craziness, Carver (your "oh wow, character x is now officially in a different tier" moments, h1's goofy calculations, Rage's Asgardian fetish, Bada's badaness, etc.), this kind of blatant dishonesty is simply too much.

Out of all this, the only thing I got from it is that you pay close attention to my post.

Bada is currently making a ruling on if the latest Hulk issue. He will decide if Wendigo and Bi Beast retained their amps but until then...

The Dark Dimension was destroyed. Umar stated that Hulk destroyed her realm and the Dark Dimension is her realm. We will have to wait to see what Bada say about this as well.

Armageddon tried to use Hulk power against him just like he did Surfer (and tooled him) and Hulk busted through it like it was nothing and crushed his head.

I never made up anything about Gladiator.

Your hate for characters is obvious.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos wins by blasting and staying away, pure and simple.

Show me Thanos staying away in a fight.

quanchi112
Show me Thanos staying away in a fight. Why does Thanos have to stay away ?

iceman24567
Originally posted by dmills
It seems that they're more of an annoyance when they have large numbers then anything else.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1315092564368.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1315092576068.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1315092620942.jpg

As for this fight. Hulk? Beat Thanos?

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/derpy_hooves_rollin___by_icebreak23-d48plqs.gif
lulz this

This thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why does Thanos have to stay away ?

Never said he needed to. H1 marked Thanos as a runner.

quanchi112
Never said he needed to. H1 marked Thanos as a runner. Thanos did use tactics and stay away from champion though enough to get him to rage out and destroy the planet.

SuperiorTech

The Dark Dimension was destroyed. Umar stated that Hulk destroyed her realm and the Dark Dimension is her realm. We will have to wait to see what Bada say about this as well.

I am gonna have to disagree with you Carver the only thing we saw destroyed on-panel was the planet.If you look at the bottom the caption also reads "Worldbreaker".

http://thumbnails45.imagebam.com/14795/308bfd147947679.jpg

Umar calls them the destroyers of her realm I don't believe it is stated anywhere that the dark dimension was destroyed.

http://thumbnails46.imagebam.com/14795/d4723b147948247.jpg

Finally we have Umar giving us an actually indication of what her realms is here she clearly state that the barrier is meant to separate her realm from that of the mindless ones.

No only does she not refer to the entire dark dimension as here realm but she does not even refer to the whole planet only part of it.

http://thumbnails46.imagebam.com/14795/8d42f3147946720.jpg

psycho gundam
she could have also meant it figuratively as in destroyers of the status quo she strove to attain (she even had hulk help her at first). first, they destroy her castle (which was addressed on-panel), and the barrier keeping the mindless ones in lock down was smashed (dormammu himself did this same deed prior to this arc), and of coarse her throneworld and subjects were shattered completely.

umar is a royal member of the dark dimension, and the hulk's fight set her kingdom back a fair bit.

Black bolt z
Why does Thanos have to stay away ? Because odds are he can't handle him physically.

psycho gundam
"Definition of REALM
: kingdom
: sphere, domain <within the realm of possibility>
: a primary marine or terrestrial biogeographic division of the earth's surface"

====================

"realm
n.
1. A community or territory over which a sovereign rules; a kingdom.
2. A field, sphere, or province: the realm of science."

====================

"realm

noun
a royal domain; kingdom: the realm of England.
the region, sphere, or domain within which anything occurs, prevails, or dominates: the realm of dreams.
the special province or field of something or someone: the realm of physics; facts within the realm of political scientists."

3 different sources

-Pr-
This was discussed already, and mod ruling stated that the Dark Dimension wasn't destroyed, as there was not rnough evidence to suggest it was. Unless Bada disagrees with that assessment, then no more trolling.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Because odds are he can't handle him physically. People are exaggerating and forgetting Thanos has always been well above elite top tier so just because Hulk vaunted passed this not to lose their heads.

Black bolt z
People are exaggerating and forgetting Thanos has always been well above elite top tier so just because Hulk vaunted passed this not to lose their heads. Yes thanos has always been above elite top tier. Hulk is still physically above thanos. Thanos has just about every other advantage there is.

dmills

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

dmills
Yes thanos has always been above elite top tier. Hulk is still physically above thanos. Thanos has just about every other advantage there is.

Careful. That's the same type of reasoning that some people used about Banner in relation to Skyfathers physically, and we all know how that story ended...

Black bolt z
Careful. That's the same type of reasoning that some people used about Banner in relation to Skyfathers physically, and we all know how that story ended... I never read any of those comics so I never read any of those debates.

SuperiorTech
Careful. That's the same type of reasoning that some people used about Banner in relation to Skyfathers physically, and we all know how that story ended...

I don't know I would like to go around calling Juggernaut sky-father durability wise and flash sky-father speed wise. smokin'

dmills
I don't know I would like to go around calling Juggernaut sky-father durability wise and flash sky-father speed wise. smokin'

laughing out loud

carver9
People are exaggerating and forgetting Thanos has always been well above elite top tier so just because Hulk vaunted passed this not to lose their heads.

I'm going to make you hate Hulk after tonight.

iceman24567
Thanos curbstomps him everytime

carver9
Hulk kills him.

quanchi112
Yes thanos has always been above elite top tier. Hulk is still physically above thanos. Thanos has just about every other advantage there is. Based on what is Hulk physically above Thanos ?Originally posted by carver9
I'm going to make you hate Hulk after tonight. All bark no bite.

psycho gundam
I don't know I would like to go around calling Juggernaut sky-father durability wise and flash sky-father speed wise. smokin' pwnt

Nihilist
Thanos kill him, Hulk cant has as has never beaten toptier/above top tier guys.

And laughing out loud at Mindless ones being used as a measuring stick, Captain Britain was running through hordes of them.

Harbinger
Hulk mud rapes Thanos.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos kill him, Hulk cant has as has never beaten toptier/above top tier guys.

And laughing out loud at Mindless ones being used as a measuring stick, Captain Britain was running through hordes of them. and hulk oneshotted their entire race

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

Nihilist
and hulk oneshotted their entire race

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif And ?

Simbon
Hulk kills him.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leimsh3O7U1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

Varunga
Thanos wins.

His energy manipulation is extremely potent, more than enough to harm the Hulk. In addition he has an array of abilities making him extremely versatile. His durability has also allowed him to withstand attacks from Odin.

Hulk doesn't compare, which is further proven by the OP's decision to remove one of Thanos' abilities (the BFR).

carver9
Hulk>Thanos

quanchi112
Hulk>Thanos Carver there's making claims and there's backing up claims. You make claims but never post a shred of proof to back up anything so once again all bark no bite.

Varunga
Hulk>Thanos
So you continue to assert. However, mere assertion is pointless without evidence and argumentation to support it.

Harbinger
Hulk>Thanos Airtight logic.

Don't worry about the haters, carver. They're jealous because Hulk > their favorite character.

Damborgson
Hulk>Thanos http://i53.tinypic.com/nwzeip.jpg

Nihilist
Why are you all bothering responding to Cravers posts, all he has done is turn into a sad pathetic troll.

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
Airtight logic.

Don't worry about the haters, carver. They're jealous because Hulk > their favorite character.

Can you please stop.

carver9
Originally posted by Varunga
So you continue to assert. However, mere assertion is pointless without evidence and argumentation to support it.

What evidence do you have that Thanos is physically above current Hulk? Thanos output of power isn't doing a thing to Hulk. His only option is h2h and he would lose in the end.

PG Thor busted his face with a casual hammer hit. Current Hulk is physically stronger than that Thor.

carver9
Carver there's making claims and there's backing up claims. You make claims but never post a shred of proof to back up anything so once again all bark no bite.

Read above please.

quanchi112
What evidence do you have that Thanos is physically above current Hulk? Thanos output of power isn't doing a thing to Hulk. His only option is h2h and he would lose in the end.

PG Thor busted his face with a casual hammer hit. Current Hulk is physically stronger than that Thor. Thanos knocked Galactus on his ass. A well fed Galactus yet somehow because Hulk no sold some elite top tiers you claim this. Thanos' showings are vastly superior to Hulk's best so no matter how you look at it he is still being lapped by Thanos. You know it and I know it.Originally posted by carver9
Read above please. I just rad it.

-Pr-
Carver there's making claims and there's backing up claims. You make claims but never post a shred of proof to back up anything so once again all bark no bite.

hysterical

Post of the day. Ironically.

Nihilist
Originally posted by -Pr-
hysterical

Post of the day. Ironically. I pm'd Digi about that thread we spoke about.

carver9
Thanos knocked Galactus on his ass. A well fed Galactus yet somehow because Hulk no sold some elite top tiers you claim this. Thanos' showings are vastly superior to Hulk's best so no matter how you look at it he is still being lapped by Thanos. You know it and I know it. I just rad it.

Thor knocked Galactus on his a**...hell, Thor recently done more damage to Galactus than Thanos would ever dream of. Thing has knocked Galactus down as well. Using him as any type of evidence isn't aiding you.

A weaker version of Hulk punched through Onslaught and it was stated as if he punched through a Celestial.

Like I said before...Hulk is physically stronger than PG Thor and Thanos had to prep against him.

quanchi112
hysterical

Post of the day. Ironically. Surely you jest.

carver9
hysterical

Post of the day. Ironically.

Of course you would say that. mad

-Pr-
I pm'd Digi about that thread we spoke about.

Cool. I hope it works out.

Surely you jest.

When I do, you'll know.

Of course you would say that. mad

Hey, at least you'll have company, being birds of a feather and all.

carver9
Cool. I hope it works out.

When I do, you'll know.

Hey, at least you'll have company, being birds of a feather and all.

What does that mean?

quanchi112
Thor knocked Galactus on his a**...hell, Thor recently done more damage to Galactus than Thanos would ever dream of. Thing has knocked Galactus down as well. Using him as any type of evidence isn't aiding you.

A weaker version of Hulk punched through Onslaught and it was stated as if he punched through a Celestial.

Like I said before...Hulk is physically stronger than PG Thor and Thanos had to prep against him. Galactus was well fed against Thanos and Thor has damaged a celestial and has power showings above even Hulk's best I see we are getting somewhere.

Thing did so after Galactus was severely weakened. Context. Galactus was well nourished against Thanos. Being weaker changes things dramatically.

Onslaught isn't a celestial so don't make a false comparison.

Hulk isn't stronger nor more formidable than power gem Thor. Power gem Thor beat the snot out of the watch, strange, and surfer like nothing and he was getting stronger each second. Thor with the power gem drums the Hulk as well. Thanos wasn't prepared at all. he ad a gun lying around powerful enough to contain the teamwrecker power gem Thor. yeah, Hulk at his best can only dream of taking on power gem Thor for fun.

quanchi112
What does that mean? It means he loves you most of all and wants you back. He gets jealous when he says you disagreeing vehemently with other posters. Don't worry I will never try to stand between the two of you. The two of you are simply magic on the board. Bird had Magic and Pr has you. Your rivalry will be told throughout the ages.

psycho gundam
And ? you need more?

a barrier designed to withstand them collectively beating on it for who knows how long was broken by accident by non-super sayajin hulk wink

carver9
Galactus was well fed against Thanos and Thor has damaged a celestial and has power showings above even Hulk's best I see we are getting somewhere.

Thing did so after Galactus was severely weakened. Context. Galactus was well nourished against Thanos. Being weaker changes things dramatically.

Onslaught isn't a celestial so don't make a false comparison.

Hulk isn't stronger nor more formidable than power gem Thor. Power gem Thor beat the snot out of the watch, strange, and surfer like nothing and he was getting stronger each second. Thor with the power gem drums the Hulk as well. Thanos wasn't prepared at all. he ad a gun lying around powerful enough to contain the teamwrecker power gem Thor. yeah, Hulk at his best can only dream of taking on power gem Thor for fun.

Knocking Galactus back isn't as impressive as you are making it. Didn't Thanos almost die in that fight?

Strange couldn't stop Current Hulk and bfred himself to escape Hulks power. Hulk was killing a planet full of beings and wasn't even paying them any attention or punching them.

Yes, Thor showing was impressive but Current Hulk is still stronger and by a large gap. Thanos would be at the fight of his life against Current Hulk and he would have to keep his distance.

Onslaught held the entire planet captive and had every hero and villian facing him and they were insects. Hulk was the main ingredient and that Hulk is far weaker than Current Hulk. Onslaught was described as being Celestial...I know its hyperbole but thats what was said.

-Pr-
It means he loves you most of all and wants you back. He gets jealous when he says you disagreeing vehemently with other posters. Don't worry I will never try to stand between the two of you. The two of you are simply magic on the board. Bird had Magic and Pr has you. Your rivalry will be told throughout the ages.

N-NrPOMBKnw

Endless Mike
Two Things

Mindless ones are not invulnerable or impossible to kill if they were portrayed that way back in the day it's long gone as they have been killed and destroyed before.

Example

http://thumbnails52.imagebam.com/14793/34a1df147921923.jpg

Sorry to nitpick, but I don't actually see any of them getting "killed or destroyed" in that scan. I see them getting knocked around a bit, but that's all.

Varunga
Physical strength is not the only means of combat with which Thanos can use to fight, no matter how much you make the claim. Your assertion that Thanos' power will not work is also unfounded. Thanos has blasted back Galactus, and fought with Odin.

His energy manipulation and durability are sufficient enough to handle the Hulk.

Again, Thanos has battled with Odin, who is far superior to his son and the Hulk.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Sorry to nitpick, but I don't actually see any of them getting "killed or destroyed" in that scan. I see them getting knocked around a bit, but that's all.

A more clear example then.

http://thumbnails22.imagebam.com/14798/52d382147970004.jpg

Endless Mike
Thanks, that works

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_thanosdoesntwant.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/dodgingthegreenoneconstantly.jpg

imagine thanos' thoughts after reading the latest issues of The Incredible Hulk. vin

psycho gundam
thanos clutches his purse and crosses the street when he see hulk coming up the block shocklaugh

Endless Mike
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_thanosdoesntwant.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/dodgingthegreenoneconstantly.jpg

imagine thanos' thoughts after reading the latest issues of The Incredible Hulk. vin

Probably something along the lines of "*****, Drax and I outdid that way back in the 70s"

shifty

psycho gundam
thanos could have had more fun if drax had hulk's durability

drax and the fallen one can't take a simple planetary explosion like our pal hulk can.

The Sorrow

drax and the fallen one can't take a simple planetary explosion like our pal hulk can.
^ thumb up and he took it with ease

quanchi112
Knocking Galactus back isn't as impressive as you are making it. Didn't Thanos almost die in that fight?

Strange couldn't stop Current Hulk and bfred himself to escape Hulks power. Hulk was killing a planet full of beings and wasn't even paying them any attention or punching them.

Yes, Thor showing was impressive but Current Hulk is still stronger and by a large gap. Thanos would be at the fight of his life against Current Hulk and he would have to keep his distance.

Onslaught held the entire planet captive and had every hero and villian facing him and they were insects. Hulk was the main ingredient and that Hulk is far weaker than Current Hulk. Onslaught was described as being Celestial...I know its hyperbole but thats what was said. Yes, he did but knocking a character that far back who was well fed is impressive considering Galactus has owned the earth before while starving.

Strange doesn't want to kill current Hulk and isn't as powerful or written in the same vein as classic Strange.

Hulk's showings aren't as impressive as Blood and Thunder Thor (power gem). You can say he's in for the fight of his life but Thor's showings with the power gem are far more impressive with no limits whereas Hulk is limited by his rage. Thanos ended up with a blood y nose that's it while Thor was gaining strength the entire time.

Hulk had to have the banner part shut off and Thor was depowered. For the most part you had weak heroes not a bunch of Surfer types on earth. So the most powerful there with Thor and the Hulk with Thor being far weaker so really what's so impressive ?

Thanos operates at a much higher level than anyone in the Onslaught battle especially the Hulk who ko'd himself from the effort.

Parmaniac
A more clear example then.

http://thumbnails22.imagebam.com/14798/52d382147970004.jpg Where's that from?

SamZED
Where's that from?
The pic is called AmazingSpider-ManV2 057-16 stick out tongue

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
The pic is called AmazingSpider-ManV2 057-16 stick out tongue facepalm@myself

I only checked the name of the link

SuperiorTech
Where's that from?

The Amazing Spider-man Vol. 2 57 -59 or Vol.1 498-500

Endless Mike

Well the first one destroyed not only the planet but a moon of it, which requires exponentially more power due to the inverse-square law.

The second was a gas giant planet, which are considerably larger and more massive than earth-like planets

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well the first one destroyed not only the planet but a moon of it, which requires exponentially more power due to the inverse-square law.

The second was a gas giant planet, which are considerably larger and more massive than earth-like planets just saw this

yeah well, hulk shattered a planet through shockwaves generating from kinetic impact, and not with the planet itself mind you but against another character above the surface. this means that the initial impact that triggered it (slamming into she-hulk) makes hulk (and betty) more durable than a planet lol. they didn't seem bothered by it, heck, they seemingly did it again the next issue.

the thanos instance was awesome, too awesome for drax apparently, and if you add all of what betty and hulk did to each other it overshadows what drax couldn't withstand easily. the punches alone were incinerating characters (in 634 and in 635) as well as throwing their corpses back.

fallen one ignited the planet's core, so it's a little different

Omega Vision
just saw this

yeah well, hulk shattered a planet through shockwaves generating from kinetic impact, and not with the planet itself mind you but against another character above the surface. this means that the initial impact that triggered it (slamming into she-hulk) makes hulk (and betty) more durable than a planet lol.
Planets aren't by nature any more durable than the rocks that comprise them.

I would say anyone with herald level durability would be more durable than a planet.

Planets take a lot of oomph to destroy because they're so massive, not because of innate resiliency of their constituent materials.

psycho gundam
when i mean more durable than a planet i meant the sum total of a planet's ability to take impact damage was exceeded by the hulk (and betty with hulk's power)

earth withstood the hypothesized impact that spawned the moon, the chicxulub ELE, and the largest explosion in recorded history: krakatoa and survived. the dark dimension planet seemingly has the same gravity as earth (steven strange and tyrannus moved about just fine) and was completely destroyed from an air blast.

each hulk/betty collision is greater than an earth sized planet-killing blow by unknown magnitudes, just like each step he takes in diet world-breaker mode threatens techtonic faults

h1a8
when i mean more durable than a planet i meant the sum total of a planet's ability to take impact damage was exceeded by the hulk (and betty with hulk's power)

earth withstood the hypothesized impact that spawned the moon, the chicxulub ELE, and the largest explosion in recorded history: krakatoa and survived. the dark dimension planet seemingly has the same gravity as earth (steven strange and tyrannus moved about just fine) and was completely destroyed from an air blast.

each hulk/betty collision is greater than an earth sized planet-killing blow by unknown magnitudes, just like each step he takes in diet world-breaker mode threatens techtonic faults

NO! It was the gamma energy released from both Hulks that caused the destruction and not some silly air blast. The events leading up to the main event showed the energy pouring from Hulk, even damaging other beings and his surrounding. Right before Hulk collided, energy was pouring out even more so. So when they collided the energy in them came forth and destroyed everything. Even Betty disintegrated from the energy that was released from her.

Surfer has shown the amount of energy inside of himself to destroy a planet without touching it. He can direct that energy (Hulk can't) as a blast.

So Hulk's feat was equivalent to an uncontrolled AOE energy blast with some added kinetic energy from the collision. Since Betty did half the feat it is safe to say that Hulk didn't have to power to destroy a planet by his lonesome. Surfer does.

OneDumbG0
^ Betty didn't disintegrate.

Hulk can direct his gamma projection.

That's retarded.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/jseg45.gif

Fifthchild

I'm not sure that you can have "superficial transmutation". When you are turned to stone...you are made of stone. Thanos is hardly known as the king of transmutation either. Its a pretty big stretch to say that Hulk returning from what GG did to him is nothing compared to what "the king of matter manipulation" could do to him. It seems like he is getting a bit of a free ride in this department to me.

OneDumbG0
^ Huge free ride. Thanos' nearly non-existent matter manipulation would mean less than Thor's in a fight against Hulk, i.e., less than nothing.

And Hulk has other transmutation resistance feats anyway.

thanos-prime
Hulk wins.

Nihilist
you need more?

a barrier designed to withstand them collectively beating on it for who knows how long was broken by accident by non-super sayajin hulk wink Again and ?, a weaker Thanos clone destroyed the Rot which was destroying Eternity/universe which was done by a omni blast

psycho gundam
^ pretty sure you're leaving out loads of context

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
And Hulk has other transmutation resistance feats anyway. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_antishrinkage1.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_antishrinkage2.jpg

Simbon
^ pretty sure you're leaving out loads of context

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_antishrinkage1.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_antishrinkage2.jpg

Goom rocks! (even when it's just a duplicate)

Endless Mike
I read that issue

TheHulk
Hulk has a chance to beat Thanos with his new incarnation the World Breaker.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheHulk
Hulk has a chance to beat Thanos with his new incarnation the World Breaker. Based on ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Show me Thanos staying away in a fight.

You mean like when Surfer blasted him in two seperate occasions and he teleported out of the way both times and appeared some place else?

Stoic
Thanos respects the Hulks power, based on him saying so in Thanos Quest book 1. As of issues 634 & 635, I'm sure many readers can see why.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos respects the Hulks power, based on him saying so in Thanos Quest book 1. As of issues 634 & 635, I'm sure many readers can see why. Destroying a planet in a joint feat whats so great about that?

Stoic
Destroying a planet in a joint feat whats so great about that?

A joint feat? Well the feat is up for debate, because I believe that the Wishing Well gave Betty the ability to absorb whatever power the Hulk expelled, which kept them on or at the same level. The madder he got the stronger he became, and the more power that she was able to absorb in order to remain his equal. The Wishing Well did not re-write their respective powers, it merely allowed for her power to be as unlimited as his own.

In essence she used his power to do what we saw on panel.

Nihilist
A joint feat? Well the feat is up for debate, because I believe that the Wishing Well gave Betty the ability to absorb whatever power the Hulk expelled, which kept them on ant at the same level. The madder he got the stronger he became, and the more power that she was able to absorb in order to remain his equal. The Wishing Well did not re-write their respective powers, it merely allowed for her power to be as unlimited as his own.

In essence she used his power to do what we saw on panel. Like i said a joint feat.

psycho gundam
thanos/drax destroying a planet was a joint feat.

Stoic
Like i said a joint feat.

It would be a joint feat, if she could take it up as high as he could on her own, but she can not, because that is not the way her powers work. If Galactus was hitting her while under the influence of the Wishing Well she would have hit him back with his power as well.

No it was a 90 percent or better Hulk feat 10 or less percent Betty feat. According to the way their powers work. Read the Book, the Hulks wish just allowed him to do what he always wanted to... which was to tear lose without any restrictions, or apathy for killing an innocent, it did not amplify him... The Hulk can take it up, and we all saw him on panel.

Nihilist
thanos/drax destroying a planet was a joint feat. Yeah so, not saying it isnt.

Fact is though that it was the weakest versions of Thanos/Drax compared to the strongest version of Hulk/She Rulk.

Stoic
Yeah so, not saying it isnt.

Fact is though that it was the weakest versions of Thanos/Drax compared to the strongest version of Hulk/She Rulk.

You don't get it!!! The Hulk could always go up that high, he has no static strength level. Thanos does, which is why he said himself that he did not relish fighting the Hulk in Thanos Quest issue 1 when he tricked the Champion into releasing the Power Gem. Thanos knew that he could not ever compete with that much raw power, and we saw this when the Champion began over powering his shields. The Hulk was operating on levels greater than the Champion recently when he could have popped the planet Earth with one footfall, but choose not to... to make matters worse, on panel he said that he was holding back.

psycho gundam
Yeah so, not saying it isnt.

Fact is though that it was the weakest versions of Thanos/Drax compared to the strongest version of Hulk/She Rulk. Originally posted by psycho gundam
each hulk/betty collision is greater than an earth sized planet-killing blow by unknown magnitudes

Nihilist
You don't get it!!! The Hulk could always go up that high, he has no static strength level. Thanos does, which is why he said himself that he did not relish fighting the Hulk in Thanos Quest issue 1 when he tricked the Champion into releasing the Power Gem. Thanos knew that he could not ever compete with that much raw power, and we saw this when the Champion began over powering his shields. The Hulk was operating on levels greater than the Champion recently when he could have popped the planet Earth with one footfall, but choose not to... to make matters worse, on panel he said that he was holding back. facepalm Thanos fought Thor with the power gem and took his best hits which only made Thanos smile so dont give me he cant handle that power( and as you like to state about holding back,Adam Warlock said Thanos has never gone full out and was suprised he didnt against Thor.

TBH dont bother quoting, i just cant be arsed with your same old boring context ingnorant shit, youre as bad as Carver.

Bentley
Based on ?

He has fists Quan. Read comics.

biscuits

Nihilist
Again is that impress?

psycho gundam
i guess the disconnect is in your head then. *shrug*

Stoic
facepalm Thanos fought Thor with the power gem and took his best hits which only made Thanos smile so dont give me he cant handle that power( and as you like to state about holding back,Adam Warlock said Thanos has never gone full out and was suprised he didnt against Thor.

TBH dont bother quoting, i just cant be arsed with your same old boring context ingnorant shit, youre as bad as Carver.

Thor was in an state of rage, and did not have full control of the Power Gem, and was certainly not operating at World Breaking levels of strength. It took Titania weeks under the tutelage of the Champion to learn how to tap into the Power gem, and you expect anyone to eat the BS that we saw on panel with Thor? He was a raving psycho that was incapable of listening to his own conscious mind, let alone harnessing a weapon that needs peace of mind to operate on any level.

Sorry no sell.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>