Zombies & Christianity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean

King Kandy
Jesus was a zombie.

ADarksideJedi
Zomies are made up so no as a Christian I do not believe in that but witches and Demons and the Devil are real.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Zomies are made up so no as a Christian I do not believe in that but witches and Demons and the Devil are real.

How do you know Zombies are made up but witches aren't?

ADarksideJedi
Because it is a silly thing to say it is like saying that there are elfs and magic creatures like that.

Nietzschean
Because it is a silly thing to say it is like saying that there are elfs and magic creatures like that. but, dont you believe in your bible as being literal truth?

what do you call people coming out of their graves and walking the streets during Yeshua's death?

it says it in the bible, Matthews.

God talks about it in Ezekiel and it is mention in Zechariah. Of course you may not follow this Christian Sect but still. Matthews is legit in mainstream Christianity.

also Yeshua's physical body went missing from the Tomb and when he reappeared he still bore the wounds of his cruxifiction. what do you have to say about that?

Bardock42
Because it is a silly thing to say it is like saying that there are elfs and magic creatures like that.

So is saying that there are witches, demons and devils. It has the same evidence behind it. Same amount of silly.

Mindset
Sidenote: Have there been written accounts of people experiencing zombie encounters?

dadudemon
K...so like...there's so much wrong with this thread.

1. Zombies are a far newer concept than the scriptures those verses are taken from.

2. Zombies are actually taken from Caribbean "voodoo" priests. They would basically poison the shit out of someone which would make them go into a catatonic state (appear to be dead to contemporary doctors) and it would also cause brain damage IF they survived that drug induced state. Once they came back, they would be very very dumb (due to brain damage) but could take basic orders from whomever "owned" or cared for them. Thus bringing about the origins of our modern day zombies.

3. The verses in question refer to a resurrection, not zombification. Their flesh was made whole and in "perfect" form. They were taken into heaven shortly after they ministered. They were resurrected because they were supposed to be very holy people that were part of the first resurrection (ergo, calling them "saints"wink. Technically, the first resurrection is still occurring it it is supposed to last up through the millennium.) They have all their mental faculties and THEN some because they are supposed to be in immortal perfect bodies. Lastly, knowing how the bodies were interred will help shed light into how in the world they could "rise" from their graves: they were put in tomb like structures which allowed for a person to enter and leave a "familial" burial chamber. Many are still intact today so they were probably much more sturdy and "beautiful" than what we see today.

4. The other verse refers to leprosy quite directly (the rotting portions). It also refers to "brothers taking up arms against brothers" which is a common thought taught in many different cultures (that's what it means by holding hands and fighting each other).

Nietzschean
watch at 7:25

LjnHteBRGV0

Mindset
You just want us to see Chris Rock naked.

You disgust me.

ADarksideJedi
The bible makes more sence then believing that Zombies are real. I mean come on someone must had been watching way too many Zombies movies to make this thread up.

Nietzschean
The bible makes more sence then believing that Zombies are real. I mean come on someone must had been watching way too many Zombies movies to make this thread up. it is basically what is coming from the bible in certain words.

inimalist
The bible makes more sence then believing that Zombies are real. I mean come on someone must had been watching way too many Zombies movies to make this thread up.

resurrection I believe in, but people coming back from the dead? come on!

socool8520

And someone must have too little answers to write a book about an all powerful God that conveniently explains the previously unexplainable. See, it works both ways stick out tongue

socool8520
Originally posted by inimalist
resurrection I believe in, but people coming back from the dead? come on!

lol, isn't that basically a zombie without the of flesh cravings?

inimalist
Originally posted by socool8520
lol, isn't that basically a zombie without the of flesh cravings?

hence the joke

socool8520
Originally posted by inimalist
hence the joke

Noted, that's why I chuckled big grin

socool8520

What are angels and Demons? They are pretty magical aren't they. Wasn't there also instances of Giants and things of the nature as well in the Bible?

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
So is saying that there are witches, demons and devils. It has the same evidence behind it. Same amount of silly.

How so?

Bardock42
How so?

What do you mean how so. It's basically the same thing, a community of people has some tales about it but neither of them have ever been observed in any meaningful, repeatable way.

I don't see your problems with Zombies anyways, if anything dead people coming from their graves should be perfectly plausible to your belief system.

Personally I don't believe in either of these things, of course, but I don't see how you justify believing in one over the other in this case.

Nietzschean
uFxr1ctLRDk

J8Mvb8IZ-vk

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
What do you mean how so. It's basically the same thing, a community of people has some tales about it but neither of them have ever been observed in any meaningful, repeatable way.

I don't see your problems with Zombies anyways, if anything dead people coming from their graves should be perfectly plausible to your belief system.

Personally I don't believe in either of these things, of course, but I don't see how you justify believing in one over the other in this case.

I do because one is real and the other is fake.

Trackz
Originally posted by Nietzschean
but, dont you believe in your bible as being literal truth?

what do you call people coming out of their graves and walking the streets during Yeshua's death?

it says it in the bible, Matthews.

God talks about it in Ezekiel and it is mention in Zechariah. Of course you may not follow this Christian Sect but still. Matthews is legit in mainstream Christianity.

also Yeshua's physical body went missing from the Tomb and when he reappeared he still bore the wounds of his cruxifiction. what do you have to say about that? I don't believe the Bible is the literal truth, it's how men interpreted the message that God sent them.

Robtard
I do because one is real and the other is fake.

Your reasoning is no different than saying:

"I believe in Santa Clause, but the Easter Bunny is fake."

"I believe in Pegasus, but unicorns are fake."

"I believe in satyrs, but minotaurs are fake."

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Robtard

How is that the same when I don't believe in any of the stuff you name Santa is St Nick so he is the only one who is real on what you said. And that even a good answear. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
Completely over your head, Jackie. NVM.

And Santa Clause as in the jolly fat guy in red who delivers present to all the children. Ho-ho-ho.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Robtard

How is that the same when I don't believe in any of the stuff you name Santa is St Nick so he is the only one who is real on what you said. And that even a good answear. roll eyes (sarcastic) Do you accept that Men rose from their grave and walked the city of Judea as the bible says it did in Matthews?

ADarksideJedi
What ever if you are just going to go insult me like you always end up doing and acting like a child then believe what you want but know it is very stupid.

Nietzschean
What ever if you are just going to go insult me like you always end up doing and acting like a child then believe what you want but know it is very stupid. is this post directed at me? confused

ADarksideJedi
No at Robtard!

Robtard
What ever if you are just going to go insult me like you always end up doing and acting like a child then believe what you want but know it is very stupid.

NVM = Nevermind, so calm the hell down. It's over your ability to comprehend so I stopped.

And I rarely insult you, despite your insane behavior, so you can get off that cross too.

ADarksideJedi
Actly all you do is find somethiing about my post and just insult me. I am very surprise that you are still on this site and not kicked off for your behaver. But I guess it is who you know on this site.

Nietzschean
Actly all you do is find somethiing about my post and just insult me. I am very surprise that you are still on this site and not kicked off for your behaver. But I guess it is who you know on this site. moving on and yes its partially true with what you said.

back on topic:

Do you believe that peopled climbed out of their graves and walked the the city of Judea when Yeshua died?

ADarksideJedi
Those are not considing zombies. When God came back from the dead does that make him a Zombie?

Robtard
Actly all you do is find somethiing about my post and just insult me. I am very surprise that you are still on this site and not kicked off for your behaver. But I guess it is who you know on this site.

You're either confusing me with another poster or you just enjoy lying while propping yourself on a cross.

I really don't know any of the Mods very well, Jackie.

ADarksideJedi
I was talkilng to another poster not you so why answear?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.