Tiamut the Communicator runs a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
stick out tongue big grin

1. Sphinx
2. Zeus
3. Odin
4. Galactus
5. Arishem the Judge
6. Exitar the Exterminator

zopzop
Well going by his comic history, he should easily make it up to 6 (and I mean EASILY).

On panel he's driven Arishem to his knees and it took the combined power of the rest of the Second Host to restrain him.

We've seen how Arishem IGNORED three skyfathers blasting him in the chest without even flinching. So if Arishem can do it, Tiamut should be able to too. So there goes Odin, Zeus and Sphinx.

Galactus trembled in fear of Tiamut when he awoke and Galactus was LIGHTYEARS away from the event. We've seen how even an imprisoned Tiamut had the power to completely alter Galactus' being by making his hunger limitless. If an imprisoned Tiamut can do that, imagine him free and fighting Galactus.

Exitar's the wild card. On panel it said he exceeds even Arishem in size and power. Well we know for sure Tiamut exceeds Arishem in power too. So who knows what would happen if they threw down?

Mindset
Clears it.

guy222
U always make good points

Tiamut clears it

Slaanesh
Tiamut clears it..

Mshinu
Makes it to 6 easily.

Exitar is probably too much.

guy222
Do u think Exitar can fight over a trillion Horde or sing a song that turns back time nearly 14 billion yrs?

Harbinger
Tiamut had evolved beyond even Exitar after he met the Fulcrum.

He clears.

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
Do u think Exitar can fight over a trillion Horde or sing a song that turns back time nearly 14 billion yrs?

Well Guy, Exitar is said to be equal to the combined might of the fourth celestial host. Tthe second Celestial host was iirc, not as powerful as the fourth yet they managed to contain Tiamut, so I think Exitar should be capable of defeating Tiamut.

guy222
Hey eternal friend smile

Sounds fair

Tiamut still clears it

stick out tongue

kevdude
Originally posted by Utrigita
Well Guy, Exitar is said to be equal to the combined might of the fourth celestial host. Tthe second Celestial host was iirc, not as powerful as the fourth yet they managed to contain Tiamut, so I think Exitar should be capable of defeating Tiamut.

From what I've seen and read of them that's how I feel as well, sure Tiamut has the ablility to think for himself but I don't know how thats going to help him in a fight with Exitar who was made for such things, like killing and destroying.

reading

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
Galactus trembled in fear of Tiamut when he awoke and Galactus was LIGHTYEARS away from the event. We've seen how even an imprisoned Tiamut had the power to completely alter Galactus' being by making his hunger limitless. If an imprisoned Tiamut can do that, imagine him free and fighting Galactus. Didn't Galactus casually eat him in that arc when he flew too close to his hole stomach thing

Black bolt z
Tiamut

Bentley
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Didn't Galactus casually eat him in that arc when he flew too close to his hole stomach thing

Galactus tends to be scared by all sort of chumps, remember Tyrant?

Eternal Idol
Clears 1-3, gets pimpslapped by Galactus, then limps away to take out his frustrations on Arishem. Not sure how well he'd do against Exitar, so I'll just say it's a toss-up.

Nihilist
Stops at Galactus

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Didn't Galactus casually eat him in that arc when he flew too close to his hole stomach thing

Yes but Tiamut was the one who did that to Galactus in the first place WHILE he was still imprisoned. The altered Galactus was to be his doomsday weapon. If an imprisoned Tiamut did that to Galactus imagine what an awakened Tiamut would do to him in a fight.

Eternal Idol
Yes but Tiamut was the one who did that to Galactus in the first place WHILE he was still imprisoned. The altered Galactus was to be his doomsday weapon. If an imprisoned Tiamut did that to Galactus imagine what an awakened Tiamut would do to him in a fight. It's fun to imagine.

Normal Galactus drained Tiamut. Imagine what a fully-powered Galactus would do to Tiamut in a fight...

Colossus-Big C
tiamut would make galactus his *****

guy222
Galactus 'consumed' Tiamut. 500,000 years later Galactus knew fear when Tiamut awoke

Tiamut gets past Big G

A lil rumor persists the Greatest Celestial returns

zopzop
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
It's fun to imagine.

Normal Galactus drained Tiamut. Imagine what a fully-powered Galactus would do to Tiamut in a fight...

Too bad that never happened. What did happen though, as shown on panel, an IMPRISONED Tiamut completely altered Galactus' being and Galactus was helpless to stop it.

If he can do that while IMPRISONED, it's safe to say he'd crushed Galactus in a fair fight.

Eternal Idol
Too bad that never happened. What did happen though, as shown on panel, an IMPRISONED Tiamut completely altered Galactus' being and Galactus was helpless to stop it.

If he can do that while IMPRISONED, it's safe to say he'd crushed Galactus in a fair fight.

Confirmed by Guy, who is arguably Tiamut's biggest fan on this site:

Galactus 'consumed' Tiamut. 500,000 years later Galactus knew fear when Tiamut awoke

Tiamut gets past Big G

And there you have it, although I don't understand his reasoning. Galactus casually drained Tiamut of his power and left him for dead, and thousands of years later Tiamut somehow beats Galactus? And as I've said before, the "Galactus knew fear" line is more than likely being misinterpreted or just plain doesn't make any sense.

guy222
IMO, it makes perfect sense

Galactus thought he put away Tiamut for good

He prolly figures he cannot stop him this time

Tiamut has made stars

Tiamut put the entire Earth to sleep. He was goin to turn back time nearly 14 billion years. He faught over a trillion Horde

Its a shame because the run was cut short by three issues. Could've been info on Jack aka Fulcrum(homage to Jack Kirby)

Power Cosmic II

i can't see why you argue DP Tyrant would destroy Galactus in a fight due to the bse energy manip

and argue that DP tyrant would beat the skyfathers also through bse energy manip

yet argue that Tiamut would crush Galactus when celestials are comprised of hyperspace energy.

You know, the same hyperspace energy that Hyperstorm was powerless to prevent Galactus from draining?

explain how you aren't taking a double standard approach here.

Cogito

What issue did this happen in?

zopzop
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
i can't see why you argue DP Tyrant would destroy Galactus in a fight due to the bse energy manip

and argue that DP tyrant would beat the skyfathers also through bse energy manip

yet argue that Tiamut would crush Galactus when celestials are comprised of hyperspace energy.

You know, the same hyperspace energy that Hyperstorm was powerless to prevent Galactus from draining?

explain how you aren't taking a double standard approach here.

Show me an issue where Celestials were weak to having their hyperspace energy drained. Because that's not how Exitar was beaten, you know that right?

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito

Yeah, I need a reference issue on this too. Unless you are talking about the Black Celestial Arc and that happened in an alternate future.

Power Cosmic II
Show me an issue where Celestials were weak to having their hyperspace energy drained. Because that's not how Exitar was beaten, you know that right?

she had enough hyperspace manip in order to compromise exitar. Sue is only an energy manipulator, G is a manipulator and absorber to an N-th degree higher than her. You can't ignore that someone with even a miniscule amount of hyperspace manip was able to effect exitar to a high degree and exitar was powerless to prevent it.

This is not Sue Storm. You're acting as if G is only going to manip the hyperspace. And besides, you're still not admitting your double standard of arguing Tyrant would beat the skyfathers through bse manip and absorption when there's less evidence for that occurring/effecting sky fathers than there is for G and hyperspace absorption on entities that are fundamentally hyperspace in nature.

zopzop
she had enough hyperspace manip in order to compromise exitar. Sue is only an energy manipulator, G is a manipulator and absorber to an N-th degree higher than her. You can't ignore that someone with even a miniscule amount of hyperspace manip was able to effect exitar to a high degree and exitar was powerless to prevent it.

This is not Sue Storm. You're acting as if G is only going to manip the hyperspace. And besides, you're still not admitting your double standard of arguing Tyrant would beat the skyfathers through bse manip and absorption when there's less evidence for that occurring/effecting sky fathers than there is for G and hyperspace absorption on entities that are fundamentally hyperspace in nature.

a) show me what issue Galactus demonstrated hyperspace energy blasts on the same frequency as Sue Storm's

b) show me the issue that any Celestial was beaten by absorbing it's hyperspace energy

I'm waiting.

At least with Tyrant we have on panel proof that he can absorb bioshpheric energies that have been metabolized into other forms of energy (like the Power Cosmic). The Gods were literally born from Earth's biosphere. Tyrant gets his power from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. We also have that on panel.

Power Cosmic II
a) show me what issue Galactus demonstrated hyperspace energy blasts on the same frequency as Sue Storm's

b) show me the issue that any Celestial was beaten by absorbing it's hyperspace energy

I'm waiting.

At least with Tyrant we have on panel proof that he can absorb bioshpheric energies that have been metabolized into other forms of energy (like the Power Cosmic). The Gods were literally born from Earth's biosphere. Tyrant gets his power from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. We also have that on panel.

This is ridiculous. You demand proof that directly supports your pre-conceived notions.

a) Galactus absorbed the hyperspace energies of Hyperstorm, who had absolute control of hyperspace and is infinitely a greater hyperspace manip than his grandmother. I can't believe you're asking to for scans that compare Galactus as Sue's superior in any facet when Galactus utterly rendered her grandson powerless. I literally can't believe it. Hyperstorm confronted Sue and demonstrated without question that his hyperspace manip is >>>>>than hers.

Celestials are comprised of Hyperspace energy. Sue Storm is totally irrelevant to this point aside from the fact that she proved on panel that a creature with a fraction of a fraction of Galactus' manip (in addition to absorption) powers was able to injure Exitar.

b) Celestials are comprised of hyperspace energy. I.E., hyperspace energy is what is encapsulated by their armor. You're asking for scans that essentially corroborate that if spider-man is drained of his blood by dracula, can spider-man be defeated. There are no scans since the two have never met in that fashion. Doesn't mean the tactic is invalid. In fact, you're asking me to prove a negative with this very posturing.

So now I'll turn it around and tell you to prove that Celestials can survive WITHOUT the stuff inside their armor. You know, hyperspace. Since it's been shown on-panel that Galactus can just feed of the stuff like a crack fiend.

zopzop
This is ridiculous. You demand proof that directly supports your pre-conceived notions.

a) Galactus absorbed the hyperspace energies of Hyperstorm, who had absolute control of hyperspace and is infinitely a greater hyperspace manip than his grandmother. I can't believe you're asking to for scans that compare Galactus as Sue's superior in any facet when Galactus utterly rendered her grandson powerless. I literally can't believe it. Hyperstorm confronted Sue and demonstrated without question that his hyperspace manip is >>>>>than hers.

Celestials are comprised of Hyperspace energy. Sue Storm is totally irrelevant to this point aside from the fact that she proved on panel that a creature with a fraction of a fraction of Galactus' manip (in addition to absorption) powers was able to injure Exitar.

b) Celestials are comprised of hyperspace energy. I.E., hyperspace energy is what is encapsulated by their armor. You're asking for scans that essentially corroborate that if spider-man is drained of his blood by dracula, can spider-man be defeated. There are no scans since the two have never met in that fashion. Doesn't mean the tactic is invalid. In fact, you're asking me to prove a negative with this very posturing.

So now I'll turn it around and tell you to prove that Celestials can survive WITHOUT the stuff inside their armor. You know, hyperspace. Since it's been shown on-panel that Galactus can just feed of the stuff like a crack fiend.

Once again, show me scans of Celestials being beaten by draining their hyperspace energy, because the only time they were beaten using the "hyperspace trick" wasn't by draining them of it.

Power Cosmic II
Once again, show me scans of Celestials being beaten by draining their hyperspace energy, because the only time they were beaten using the "hyperspace trick" wasn't by draining them of it.

I'm not proving a negative to you. The burden of proof is on you, don't you get it? You're in no position to demand proof because the facts weigh against you not me. So again, where are the scans?

Galactus can absorb hyperspace energy. Fact.
Celestials are comprised of hyperspace energy. Fact.
Celestial was compromised by an individual (Sue storm) who could only manip- but not absorb - hyperspace energy. Fact.
Galactus absorbed and rendered helpless the grandson of Sue Storm (Hyperstorm) who demonstrated not only that he was clearly superior to Sue in every facet, he was actually consider to be "one" with the hyperspace dimension since his control of it was so absolute. Fact.

Celestials can survive without their hyperspace energies. Proof? You have to prove it son, not me. That's not my position, that's YOURS.

Galactus can take their hyperspace energies away from them. That's established. In no manner do I have to prove to you that taking away their hyperspace is ineffectual. You have to prove to me that having a canon-depicted attack employed against them will be ineffectual. Because it's already been depicted that a being who has absolute access and control to the hyperspace dimension couldn't do jack to Galactus.

Again, I'm waiting for the proof. The burden of proof is on you to prove to me that all the facts aforementioned lead to a Celestial surviving the hyperspace absorption. Prove to me that they can withstand that happening. Prove to me that they can continue functioning in ANY incapacitated state that involves having their very energies ripped from them. Because right now, by repeatedly not addressing any of the facts, you're implicitly affirming that they CAN survive having their hyperspace sucked out from them (much less, you still have yet to prove that Galactus will lose even after a Celestial has been stripped of hyperspace energy) when there are absolutely no facts at all to corroborate this...none. Support your position first, because none of what you've said so far undermines my position, which is fortified by facts and on-panel depictions, while you still have nothing.

zopzop
I'm not proving a negative to you. The burden of proof is on you, don't you get it? You're in no position to demand proof because the facts weigh against you not me. So again, where are the scans?

Galactus can absorb hyperspace energy. Fact.
Celestials are comprised of hyperspace energy. Fact.
Celestial was compromised by an individual (Sue storm) who could only manip- but not absorb - hyperspace energy. Fact.
Galactus absorbed and rendered helpless the grandson of Sue Storm (Hyperstorm) who demonstrated not only that he was clearly superior to Sue in every facet, he was actually consider to be "one" with the hyperspace dimension since his control of it was so absolute. Fact.

Celestials can survive without their hyperspace energies. Proof? You have to prove it son, not me. That's not my position, that's YOURS.

Galactus can take their hyperspace energies away from them. That's established. In no manner do I have to prove to you that taking away their hyperspace is ineffectual. You have to prove to me that having a canon-depicted attack employed against them will be ineffectual. Because it's already been depicted that a being who has absolute access and control to the hyperspace dimension couldn't do jack to Galactus.

Again, I'm waiting for the proof. The burden of proof is on you to prove to me that all the facts aforementioned lead to a Celestial surviving the hyperspace absorption. Prove to me that they can withstand that happening. Prove to me that they can continue functioning in ANY incapacitated state that involves having their very energies ripped from them. Because right now, by repeatedly not addressing any of the facts, you're implicitly affirming that they CAN survive having their hyperspace sucked out from them (much less, you still have yet to prove that Galactus will lose even after a Celestial has been stripped of hyperspace energy) when there are absolutely no facts at all to corroborate this...none. Support your position first, because none of what you've said so far undermines my position, which is fortified by facts and on-panel depictions, while you still have nothing.

Again, show me an issue where they were beaten by absorbing their hyperspace energy and not by jumping inside one and using a hyperspace construct to destroy it's soft spot. While your at it, show me Galactus creating a hyperspace construct (like Sue's FF's).

I'll wait.

celestialdemon
Tiamut clears it.

guy222
Truth

Remember friends, the only reason the whole 'hyperspace' nonsense was used in FF #400 was because of a sore loser Editor

Its never been used again

Shameless plug, the Eternals and Deviants return

stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder
Stops at Galactus...

I too believe that Galactus should be able to consume Celestials based on the fact that he can feed off of Hyperspace Energy...

Whats to stop the Big G from feeding off of the Celestials energies the same way that DP Tyrant was able to feed off of his?

TheLordofMurder
@guy222

It may have only been used once, but it was canon despite the BS of its origin...

As a result, there is no logical reason why Galactus feeding off of Tiamut shouldnt work...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Stops at Galactus...

I too believe that Galactus should be able to consume Celestials based on the fact that he can feed off of Hyperspace Energy...

Whats to stop the Big G from feeding off of the Celestials energies the same way that DP Tyrant was able to feed off of his?

But nowhere does it say Celestials use "hyperspace energy" to blast or whatever. It merely says they "may" originate from hyperspace and using this "fact" IW still had to reach the "proper harmonic chord" to break through Exitar's outer shell (and later his skull, killing him).
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3853/840927-invisiblewoman12a_super.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Galactus should be able to replicate that feat to a far greater extent than Sue could...if hes not jobbing that is.

zopzop
Galactus should be able to replicate that feat to a far greater extent than Sue could...if hes not jobbing that is.

When has he ever created a "hyperspace construct"? On panel proof?

TheLordofMurder
When has he ever created a "hyperspace construct"? On panel proof?

Of course hes never done such a thing; no story has demanded it...

But surely you arent arguing that he is incapable of doing that are you? He's an extreme matter/energy manipulator and a major universal force afterall...

Would you argue that Eternity and the Living Tribunal are incapable of replicating Sue's feat despite the fact that they have never created a hyperspace construct on panel?

zopzop
The LT is the closest thing you can get to a true omnipotent in Marvel and as TOAA's second in command he can basically do anything. He's a multiversal being.

And don't bring up Eternity please. He's been crushed by the likes of Nightmare. I don't think Exitar has anything to worry about from him and no I don't think he can replicate it.

TheLordofMurder
So you dont think Eternity or Galactus could replicate Sue Storms feat...

zopzop
So you dont think Eternity or Galactus could replicate Sue Storms feat...

Nope. Not the way they job.

TheLordofMurder
Nope. Not the way they job.

You know there is no PIS in a forum fight; its a default rule btw...

Thus their jobbing streaks arent applicable here...

Jobbing and PIS aside, you really think Eternity and Galactus are incapable of replicating Sue's feat?

Seriously!?

zopzop
You know there is no PIS in a forum fight; its a default rule btw...

Thus their jobbing streaks arent applicable here...

Jobbing and PIS aside, you really think Eternity and Galactus are incapable of replicating Sue's feat?

Seriously!?

No. Show me when they've done anything on panel that suggests they could (especially Eternity).

Cogito

Bumpage

zopzop
Bumpage
http://marvel.wikia.com/Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_340
That's the only thing I can think of.

guy222
i will double chk believe the issues were #337-341

tiamut awoke in gaiman's eternals #6

zopzop
i will double chk believe the issues were #337-341

tiamut awoke in gaiman's eternals #6

If it was the "Black Celestial" arc in FF 339-341 then it was a weakened Tiamut that died and I got proof smile

zopzop
Regarding the Black Celestial Arc (Fantastic Four 339-341) where Tiamut was eaten by his own creation :
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7418/ff34012.th.jpg http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7060/ff34015.th.jpg http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8682/ff34023.th.jpg

When he was imprisoned and drained of his power, he used what little of his telepathic abilities he had to call out to the Deviants and they came and built him his fortress that would help him harness energy so he could be about as powerful as he was before his imprisonment.

The FF/Thor/Iron-Man/Gladiator learn of this and destroy his base using a huge stock pile of Shi'ar tech.

So while he was flying around through space/time chasing the FF/Thor/Iron-Man, he was basically depowered because his base was destroyed. That's why he died in the black hole and was devoured by the altered Galactus.

It's all right there on panel. Tiamut easily gets to Exitar, then the real fight starts.

Cogito
And don't bring up Eternity please. He's been crushed by the likes of Nightmare. I don't think Exitar has anything to worry about from him and no I don't think he can replicate it.

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously... roll eyes (sarcastic)

zopzop
And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Show me anything Eternity's done on panel with his power. Anything. Until then, stfu.

Cogito
Show me what TOAA has done. Show me what the Presence has done. Show me what the Primal Monitor has done.

When you get up that high, you don't need feats. They don't have to demonstrate power - they are power.

zopzop
Show me what TOAA has done. Show me what the Presence has done. Show me what the Primal Monitor has done.

When you get up that high, you don't need feats. They don't have to demonstrate power - they are power.

Really?!

Imprisoned by Nightmare, then choked out by the Ancient One! laughing
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1205/strange02.th.jpg http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9896/strange03.th.jpg

You don't need feats!

Edit : images were too big

Power Cosmic II
Again, show me an issue where they were beaten by absorbing their hyperspace energy and not by jumping inside one and using a hyperspace construct to destroy it's soft spot. While your at it, show me Galactus creating a hyperspace construct (like Sue's FF's).

I'll wait.

Nope. While you're at it demanding scans that force Galactus to lower his feats to the level of sue storm, I'll reiterate again

prove to me that Celestials can survive without hyperspace energy. Prove to me that employing this attack will be ineffectual.
Prove to me that Galactus is incapable of manipulating hyperspace when he rendered the best hyperspace manipulator ineffectual.
Prove to me that Galactus requires a construct to manipulate hyperspace energies.

I'm pulling you back into reality as you hopped several circles of requisite logic. You demand scans that Galactus can create a construct. Nope, doesn't work that way. Prove to me first that Galactus REQUIRES the construct to begin with, since he's already shown on panel to absorb hyperspace with absolutely no outside aids whatsoever. The same applies to the rest of your "points."

zopzop
Nope. While you're at it demanding scans that force Galactus to lower his feats to the level of sue storm, I'll reiterate again

prove to me that Celestials can survive without hyperspace energy. Prove to me that employing this attack will be ineffectual.
Prove to me that Galactus is incapable of manipulating hyperspace when he rendered the best hyperspace manipulator ineffectual.
Prove to me that Galactus requires a construct to manipulate hyperspace energies.

I'm pulling you back into reality as you hopped several circles of requisite logic. You demand scans that Galactus can create a construct. Nope, doesn't work that way. Prove to me first that Galactus REQUIRES the construct to begin with, since he's already shown on panel to absorb hyperspace with absolutely no outside aids whatsoever. The same applies to the rest of your "points."

None of what you posted has anything to do with how Sue beat Exitar. She used her hyperspace constructs INSIDE him. No draining involved.

Prove to me Galactus can replicate that feat : ie using a hyperspace construct inside Exitar to strike a critical part of his body.

Power Cosmic II
None of what you posted has anything to do with how Sue beat Exitar. She used her hyperspace constructs INSIDE him. No draining involved.

Prove to me Galactus can replicate that feat : ie using a hyperspace construct inside Exitar to strike a critical part of his body.

There was no draining involved because sue can't drain.

In other words, G doesn't need to replicate the feat since he can do something several orders of magnitude more impressive than simply using hyperspace manip to punch a hole through exitar's armor.

brownqk
Stops at Galan....

zopzop
There was no draining involved because sue can't drain.

In other words, G doesn't need to replicate the feat since he can do something several orders of magnitude more impressive than simply using hyperspace manip to punch a hole through exitar's armor.

She beat him by striking a critical spot INSIDE his body using a hyperspace construct. Show me scans that suggest Galactus can replicate that feat or go pound sand.

golem370
Exitar to me is the Main Celestial imo above all but maybe Scathan.

Mindset
And Tiamut. big grin

guy222
Tiamut is the greatest Celestial

Again he clears it

Here's Tiamut

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9081416_pic_022.jpg

Bentley
He Guy, apparently Tiamut appeared in the last X-Force issue.

guy222
yes

posted the scan good friend smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.