Captain Cold vs Rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Fight in the North Pole.

psycho gundam
red hulk generates heat

cdtm
Interesting...

Colds gun is supposed to output true absolute zero or something, effectively stopping all movement on a molecular level..

He's basically the most dangerous cold based character DC has, compared to Mr. Freeze or other ice based characters..

Bentley
Originally posted by psycho gundam
red hulk generates heat

He needs to absorb it from an external source, and also, Captain Cold has an uber weapon.

iceman24567
Originally posted by cdtm
Interesting...

Colds gun is supposed to output true absolute zero or something, effectively stopping all movement on a molecular level..

He's basically the most dangerous cold based character DC has, compared to Mr. Freeze or other ice based characters.. Killer frost is the top icebased character from Dc and Rulk stomps

cdtm
Originally posted by iceman24567
Killer frost is the top icebased character from Dc and Rulk stomps

I don't think Killer Frost can do absolute zero..

Bentley
Snart raises a shield of cold 131

iceman24567
I don't think Killer Frost can do absolute zero.. Not too sure about that but she can do alot better than absolute zero

cdtm
Not too sure about that but she can do alot better than absolute zero

You can't go colder than absolute zero.

That's where all movement on a molecular level stops, which is basically impossible..

I can believe Surtur hit absolute zero with the cask of ancient winters, because he flash froze Odin.

Bentley
Which means Captain Cold can freeze Odin biscuits

iceman24567
Yeah absolute zero is highly overrated I dont know if she can go absolute zero or not but her heat/cold manipulation is legit barring absolute zero shes a female iceman.

Bentley
I find it strange to explain what absolute zero is to someone whose username is Iceman24567.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
He needs to absorb it from an external source, and also, Captain Cold has an uber weapon. no, it's rage induced

he does however seem to heat up during some of his absorption moments, most likely from rage

Bentley
Ah, it may help him briefly, but from a guy who can freeze the Flash... Captain Cold will throw some cold grenades at him and be done with it.

psycho gundam
i'm not convinced that that's enough, flash is already written down (or written up in other stories depending on your stance) just by being bothered by such a lame duck named captain cold.

normally red hulk's heat generation doesn't make an impact in his fights, but this is all he needs to at least make captain cold's only means of surviving/attacking difficult.

Bentley
I'm not sure how much heat Rulk generates, but Snart has managed to instant freeze some heat based characters.

He is also not shirtless in the North Pole biscuits

Parmaniac
You can't go colder than absolute zero. Negative Movementzzz

psycho gundam
I'm not sure how much heat Rulk generates apparently you need 1200 + degrees C to make glass

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_glass.jpg

Parmaniac
apparently you need 1200 + degrees C to make glass

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_glass.jpg This ability seems to be ignored in his current run.

Which is kinda annoying.

Bentley
That's the only thing that's keeping Rulk into the fight. Cold uses some cold mirages, some freeze grenades and cold fields to attack while he's distracted -the cold field will not only freeze Rulk but will effectively make his hits slower-.

Unrelated observation: has that ability to generate heat being ignored in all his subsequent fights?

psycho gundam
no, but it's like parmaniac said, "ignored", or at least not in need of further inquest like the first few issues he appeared in.

there are moments in a lot of his fights where heat is flowing from his mouth though

Bentley
I always assumed that it had something to do with his absorbing ability because it only happened during that first arc and it was the thing that eventually make him fall -the only power Rulk has that actually hinders him in the long run is the absorption-. But rethinking about his showings this was never stated, it was just a link I imagined.

psycho gundam
when he declared he was the new president of the united states there was heat coming off of him, and then when green hulk beat the tar out of him soon after the rain that was falling on them was vaporizing

zopzop
Killer frost is the top icebased character from Dc and Rulk stomps Originally posted by cdtm
I don't think Killer Frost can do absolute zero.. Originally posted by iceman24567
Not too sure about that but she can do alot better than absolute zero

Killer Frost (DC) has to be THE most UBER ice based character currently in comics (excluding Gods like Ymir). I think it was Galan that posted a scan from an issue of Firestorm where they threw Killer Frost into the Sun and not only didn't she die, she was thriving and FREEZING patches of solar "surface" in her immediate area! Firestorm even tried nuking her and nothing happened.

Iceman, Captain Cold, or any other cold based character would be a freaking fried corpse given that scenario.

Back on topic, Rulk r@pes Captain Cold.

Bentley
when he declared he was the new president of the united states there was heat coming off of him, and then when green hulk beat the tar out of him soon after the rain that was falling on them was vaporizing

Mmmmh... I thought he was overloaded with gamma energy in both instances.

Originally posted by zopzop
Killer Frost (DC) has to be THE most UBER ice based character currently in comics (excluding Gods like Ymir). I think it was Galan that posted a scan from an issue of Firestorm where they threw Killer Frost into the Sun and not only didn't she die, she was thriving and FREEZING patches of solar "surface" in her immediate area! Firestorm even tried nuking her and nothing happened.

Iceman, Captain Cold, or any other cold based character would be a freaking fried corpse given that scenario.

Only if Rulk is smart enough to realize no amount of punches are passing through his Cold Field. Thunderclap would hurt Len because of its sonic boom.

zopzop
Only if Rulk is smart enough to realize no amount of punches are passing through his Cold Field. Thunderclap would hurt Len because of its sonic boom.

You changed your Kang sig and avatar to Captain Cold's?! Meh!

Bentley
People were dissing me for making Captain Cold threads, so I took extreme measures.

iceman24567
I find it strange to explain what absolute zero is to someone whose username is Iceman24567. Lulz kinda ironic nah I know what absolute zero is I meant her abilities > absolute zero she doesnt need it

iceman24567

Back on topic, Rulk r@pes Captain Cold. Well Bobby can actually drain heat like Killer Frost she has her limits aswell ..but yeah shes hella uber thumb up

-Pr-

Was that not before she got depowered?

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
Was that not before she got depowered?

This was in Firestorm v3 #25 (July 2006).
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Firestorm_Vol_3_25
I don't know when she got depowered. I don't follow DC, Galan mentioned it in a VS thread I setup.

Galan007
I don't think Killer Frost can do absolute zero.. I don't recall any instances where she has hit absolute zero. In fact, Firestorm owned her via forming an absolute zero prison around her. /shrug

Frost's main power lies in her heat-absorption prowess.

psycho gundam
lol

Omega Vision
Lol @ Captain Cold being the top dog in the Ice Department.

FYI Freeze's guns can generate absolute zero too. IIRC Captain Cold's tech was stolen from Freeze.

Sr J-Bieb
Killer Frost can't do absolute zero, but she can freeze patches of the sun...

Oh comic logic

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Killer Frost can't do absolute zero, but she can freeze patches of the sun...

Oh comic logic

Her powers don't work like other "ice" based toons. She absorbs heat. So trapping her in an absolute zero cage deprives her of her power source. You do NOT beat her by throwing heat/fire at her.

psycho gundam
the only reason absolute zero (0 k) is nigh-impossible in real life is because there is so much energy in the universe, and matter moving about releasing it.

if she can absorb solar energy while being in the damn sun, enough to freeze it, why can't she hit absolute zero on say earth?

edit* nvr-mind

Galan007
Guys, Frost did not 'freeze' the sun. She cooled a portion of it down by absorbing all of the heat energy in that area, but that's it. In the very same issue, Firestorm owned her (while they were BOTH on the sun) by materializing an absolute zero prison around her. Just saying...

Sr J-Bieb
Her powers don't work like other "ice" based toons. She absorbs heat. So trapping her in an absolute zero cage deprives her of her power source. You do NOT beat her by throwing heat/fire at her. I realize. I'm not talking about how to beat her, or how easy she is to beat

There's just a vast contradiction of not doing absolute zero, and doing something impossible like freezing parts of the sun.

Like I said, comic logic

Nevermind, Galan answered it, what a hunk

zopzop
Shameless thread jack, here is the event in question :
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6005/img011jp.th.jpg http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9476/img014li.th.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1421/img015ez.th.jpg http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4500/img017oc.th.jpg

Firestorm said she was about to destroy the Sun.

Prep-Man
killer frost has the bigger feat of the 2. she was going to freeze the sun or absorb all of its heat.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Omega Vision

FYI Freeze's guns can generate absolute zero too. IIRC Captain Cold's tech was stolen from Freeze.

Actually it has been said Cold > Mr.Freeze and they have clashed before. Also I dont think Freeze can go absolute zero.

Galan007
Shameless thread jack, here is the event in question :
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6005/img011jp.th.jpg http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9476/img014li.th.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1421/img015ez.th.jpg http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4500/img017oc.th.jpg

Firestorm said she was about to destroy the Sun. Yup, she cooled a portion of the sun down via absorbing the heat in her general vicinity. She did not 'freeze' it, though.

...And just for the lulz, here's how that event ended:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8694/img019le.th.jpg

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Cold has defeated Freeze on panel and been stated several time as his superior. I mean, he can get cold fields out, Batman can't even touch you with one of those.

-Pr-
Batman can't

Whoah now, take it easy there.

Bentley
laughing out loud

Galan007
I found this scan of particular interest:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_cc_zero1.jpg

Per Mr. Freeze, Cold is THE only baddie whose tech is capable of creating absolute zero. Not too shabby.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
I found this scan of particular interest:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_cc_zero1.jpg

Per Mr. Freeze, Cold is THE only baddie whose tech is capable of creating absolute zero. Not too shabby.

Nice find.

But something about Captain Cold seems......off. I don't know. I think Rulk would annihilate him in a fight still.

cdtm
BELOW absolute zero? O_o

That's like saying he can go slower than a full stop.

I guess it's a pretty impressive testimonial about his power, though.. It's hard to even consider, but his tech just might be capable of flash freezing other characters way outside his tier..

Mindset
Pretty sure Mr Freeze has gone to absolute zero, but I don't have the scans...I'm right anyway though.

JakeTheBank
BELOW absolute zero? O_o

That's like saying he can go slower than a full stop.

I guess it's a pretty impressive testimonial about his power, though.. It's hard to even consider, but his tech just might be capable of flash freezing other characters way outside his tier..

He's frozen Flash(es) before, so yes, he can freeze people way outside his tier.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's frozen Flash(es) before, so yes, he can freeze people way outside his tier.

Yeah, but Flash also has problems with Captain Boomerang, and his rogues gallery is kind of a joke by and large.

But Captain Cold looks like a legit threat.. Now I'm curious what would happen if he managed to hit Superman with a cold grenade, or his gun.. Superman himself trapped Bizarro Superman in a large chunk of ice with his freeze breath, and that probably wasn't anywhere near absolute zero..

JakeTheBank
Yeah, but Flash also has problems with Captain Boomerang, and his rogues gallery is kind of a joke by and large.

But Captain Cold looks like a legit threat.. Now I'm curious what would happen if he managed to hit Superman with a cold grenade, or his gun.. Superman himself trapped Bizarro Superman in a large chunk of ice with his freeze breath, and that probably wasn't anywhere near absolute zero..

Flash's rogues are actually very very formidable. They don't get the notoriety of Superman's or Batman's rogues, but they're often underestimated, which works out pretty well for them.

I can't speak for Superman, but I know Cold's managed to freeze Green Lantern before.

Bentley
Captain Cold's abilities are pretty high level, but someone who can vibrate -like Flash- can temporarily fight being frozen by his gun. Although the fact he can slowdown Flash until he gets frozen should be a proof of his power.

Captain Boomerang in the other hand is just stupid lucky.

Galan007
^ If Flash were frozen to 'az' he shouldn't be able to vibrate his molecules. *Shouldn't*.

Nice find.

But something about Captain Cold seems......off. I don't know. I think Rulk would annihilate him in a fight still. If Rulk can endure, and/or absorb, blasts from Cold's tech (which can generate temperatures below 'az', apparently) then yeah, he wins.

Bentley
Yeah, but not everytime Cold manages to freeze Flash it makes it to absolute zero, at times the movement Flash has makes it hard to take him there.

cdtm
I don't think it's that the tech doesn't make it to absolute zero, as much as Flashes speed force makes for a special case.. (As you mention yourself)

During the time the future Flash tried and failed to fill his shoes, he actually reversed a freezing on his girl that should have endured forever, using his speed force to speed up the halted molecules.

As for Rulks heat, we can see from the Firestorm example, even intense heat won't necessarily melt a block of absolute zero, as the one holding Killer Frost maintained even in the middle of the sun.

Blight
Cold wins.

Funny, the comment before mine was on my birthday and ya'll were talking about my favorite villain. Best birthday present I could get!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.