Imagine Tony stark as blue beetle gauntlet... Vs doomsday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
Tony lands in the dc universe... He is given, grafted... Whatever... With the blue beetle tech...

Myx has informed Him that failure to defeat the creature will results in marvel earths demise.

He is given three years to prep in his normal laboratory and taken back in time and swapped out with superman...

And access to any video... Knowledge.. Etc of doomsday...

Original appearance doomsday
... Can Tony accomplish the task?

Galan007
So this is essentially Tony /w/ the blue Scarab + 3 years of prep vs. DoS Doomsday?

Tony stomps.

rotiart
Originally posted by Galan007
So this is essentially Tony /w/ the blue Scarab + 3 years of prep vs. DoS Doomsday?

Tony stomps.

Essentially... yes...
See the way I see it... doomsday is above tonys level... and/or the blue beetle... so i threw the two together to get an idea of what you guys thought the outcome would be...

for example.. i would think that tony even in extremis would get destroyed by doomsday...

dmills
Current Tony just might be able to take dos Doomsday as is without the BB armor.

Mshinu
DOS Doomsday is fairly weak. Tony barely needs one week of prep to handle it comfortably.

rotiart
DOS Doomsday was weak? why would you say that? didn't he clear out a bunch of peeps before he got to superman? I mean if i remember right he took care of the justice league too?

Bentley
Originally posted by dmills
Current Tony just might be able to take dos Doomsday as is without the BB armor.

I disagree, DD is still too powerful for Tony, but he might do it with prep. DOS Doomsday was still night unstoppable.

Mshinu
Originally posted by rotiart
DOS Doomsday was weak? why would you say that? didn't he clear out a bunch of peeps before he got to superman? I mean if i remember right he took care of the justice league too?

Simply because DOS supes is among the weakest versions of the character and Doomsday is there too.

Want to give Tony more of a challenge, put him against DD Rex or HP DD. 3 years of prep is a lot.

-Pr-

It was A justice league. It had Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Fire and Ice, Bloodwynd and Maxima. Not exactly top drawer.

That DOS isn't necessarily weak in comparison to most CL100s nowadays, but he would be beatable by a prepped Tony I think, given Tony;'s abilities.

Bentley
DOS Doomsday did beat MM...

Cogito
I get that DoS DD was the weakest we've seen, but I think people are going to far here lowballing him.

He didn't just beat a version of the Justice League, he one shot most of them (or beat down several of them in one shot, IIRC). Booster, Fire, and Ice may not be impressive, but Maxima, Bloodwynd, and Guy still are. Then of course there's that part where he killed Superman.

I don't see Tony being able to replicate those feats very easily. Can he do it in 3 years? Maybe. Probably even. I'm a little skeptical.

Q99
Originally posted by Cogito
I get that DoS DD was the weakest we've seen, but I think people are going to far here lowballing him.

He didn't just beat a version of the Justice League, he one shot most of them (or beat down several of them in one shot, IIRC). Booster, Fire, and Ice may not be impressive, but Maxima, Bloodwynd, and Guy still are. Then of course there's that part where he killed Superman.

Agreed.

Still, *three years* of prep with Reach Infiltrator prep?

Remember the kinds of stuff Jaime's pulled with prep, like setting up time-clones of himself so he could attack the world rippers in three places at once.

Reach Infiltrator tech is sick.

rotiart
Time clones? Wouldn't that by normal rules be inadmissible? I mean technically that's kind of a self bfr isn't it by removing yourself from the time stream?

Bentley
Not during prep, removing yourself from the battlefield hinders you only if you were in the battle field in the first place. And if we admitted that, Zoom would always be bfrd.

Q99
Time clones? Wouldn't that by normal rules be inadmissible? I mean technically that's kind of a self bfr isn't it by removing yourself from the time stream?

It's putting yourself even more in the time stream. Though admittedly it's pretty limited, only maybe a minute or two and it hurts.

But that's just one of his powers. There's also the phased-cloaking, which not even GLs could detect, nice defensive measure there. And just it's scanning capability, I don't know of one thing it hasn't been able to scan, and the only thing noted to be able to see through Reach cloaking.

Probably the most useful thing is it's flexibility. There's no adapting to it in a useful fashion since it'll just change to something else the target's weak against.

Bleeding Edge power source + Reach Infiltrator tech = win.

Arabus
RE: Doomsday being weak.

If one gets the 'weak' label for one shotting Darkseid's regular sparring partner, and thusly making the Lord of Apokolips poop his pants, then what does one have to do to shed that label? Bear in mind that he did this before taking on J'onn (Bloodwynd), Maxima, Guy Gardner, and Superman.

Prep-Man
DOS Doomsday weak? Uhhh, no.

-Pr-
I don't think anyone is saying that DOS DD is weak; he's not, but you're giving Tony Stark, a man that came up with tech to beat the Hulk, three years and complete access to any knowledge of Doomsday.

I don't think it's out of the question that Tony can take some wins.

rotiart
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think anyone is saying that DOS DD is weak.

Originally posted by Mshinu
DOS Doomsday is fairly weak. Tony barely needs one week of prep to handle it comfortably. Originally posted by Galan007

Tony stomps. Originally posted by dmills

dmills

You don't think Tony in Bleeding Edge could take dos dd with the advantage of three years of one sided prep?

rotiart
Personally? I think a Tony stark with just his own tech is gonna have a hard time putting down doomsday...

I think of when hulk came back to earth and how well Tony did... And Tony had how many decades to prep...

He's also fought alongside Thor for how long? And when Thor or sentry got pissed Tony when down like a hot knife through butter...

Bleeding tech or not. I seriously feel like you guys as selling dos doomsday short.

Personally I give only 4/10. Win me over. ;-)

dmills
Personally? I think a Tony stark with just his own tech is gonna have a hard time putting down doomsday...

I think of when hulk came back to earth and how well Tony did... And Tony had how many decades to prep...

He's also fought alongside Thor for how long? And when Thor or sentry got pissed Tony when down like a hot knife through butter...

Bleeding tech or not. I seriously feel like you guys as selling dos doomsday short.

Tony really had no clue about what he was truly dealing with though. They knew he'd be more pissed then ever etc, but iirc they had no clue he'd become footstep coastal collapsing powerful. So in that instance he prepped for what he estimated would happen, but it was still incomplete information.

In this thread however, you're letting him review archived footage of the entire incident review files etc, and then prepping for three years based on what would essentially be realtime knowledge of the totality of dos dd's abilities, and even more importantly, knowledge of the kind of force that would be required to put him down. That's pretty devastating ammo in Tony's hands imo.

Q99

Bleeding tech and Reach Tech, the latter of which is more advanced in many fields than his own.

Bentley
Tony really had no clue about what he was truly dealing with though. They knew he'd be more pissed then ever etc, but iirc they had no clue he'd become footstep coastal collapsing powerful. So in that instance he prepped for what he estimated would happen, but it was still incomplete information.

In this thread however, you're letting him review the footage of the entire incident, and then prepping for three years based on what would essentially be realtime knowledge of the totality of dos dd's abilities, and even more importantly, knowledge of the kind of force that would be required to put him down. That's pretty devastating ammo in Tony's hands imo.

If not for M.O.D.O.K. Tony's satellite wouldn't have stopped WB Hulk...

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

rotiart

In this thread however, you're letting him review archived footage of the entire incident review files etc, and then prepping for three years based on what would essentially be realtime knowledge of the totality of dos dd's abilities, and even more importantly, knowledge of the kind of force that would be required to put him down. That's pretty devastating ammo in Tony's hands imo.

And how does that change the rest of comic book history concerning iron man Vs hulk. Are you implying that savage hulk would lose against every prior incarnation of iron man... When usually it took thor and/or the rest of the avengers includin iron man to put down hulk.....

Seriously?

dmills
And how does that change the rest of comic book history concerning iron man Vs hulk. Are you implying that savage hulk would lose against every prior incarnation of iron man... When usually it took thor and/or the rest of the avengers includin iron man to put down hulk.....

Seriously?

I don't even understand what you're saying there...

As for this fight, I think Tony -given the stips- currently has the abilities to do it. Adding the Scarab only makes me that much more certain that he could pull it off at least 6/10. The biggest problem for Tony imo would be if he has what it takes in terms of power reserves to finish the job due to the sheer amount of punishment dos DD could take.

rotiart
I don't even understand what you're saying there...

As for this fight, I think Tony -given the stips- currently has the abilities to do it. Adding the Scarab only makes me that much more certain that he could pull it off at least 6/10. The biggest problem for Tony imo would be if he has what it takes in terms of power reserves to finish the job due to the sheer amount of punishment dos DD could take.

Let me rephrase it for you. You make it sound like Tony never considered the hulk as an opponent up to that point. Yet in his history He has created the hulkbuster to battle the hulk. It wasn't a "stomp" in Tonys favor... And this is a guy Tony has years of history with as a teammate Vs someone like doomsday who Tony would have no personal knowledge of.

rotiart
Edit double post

h1a8
It's very hard for me to imagine Tony being able to even put a scratch on DOS DD. The guy appeared unharmable until the end of the series.
But it's possible.

dmills
Let me rephrase it for you. You make it sound like Tony never considered the hulk as an opponent up to that point. Yet in his history He has created the hulkbuster to battle the hulk. It wasn't a "stomp" in Tonys favor... And this is a guy Tony has years of history with as a teammate Vs someone like doomsday who Tony would have no personal knowledge of.

Ah, ok I gotcha.

I think this scenario is a bit different though. Yes Tony prepared Hulkbuster armor etc and had intimate knowledge of the Hulk. But at the end of the day the guy is prepping for what might happen based on past encounters etc. However there are still factors he can't account for because it hasn't yet happened.

Unless I'm reading it a bit too literally, in this scenario that you've presented with Dos dd, you've allowed Tony to look into the past, prep for three years for a specific confrontation where he knows everything that's going to happen and then travel back in time to deal with it. There would be no surprises, no unaccounted for variables. He knows exactly what DD was capable of at that point in time and what he's going to do, so he could prep perfectly for it. His biggest issue would be being able to find a way to replicate the type of damage to dd that Supes laid on him that doesn't burn out his power source. He'd do it imo, but it'll be 6/10 blood, sweat and tears kinds of battles.

What you're describing with Tony and Hulk is more akin to two football teams prepping for a Sunday showdown. They can watch film and scout all they want, but at the end of the day, there's still a game to be played and no team knows exactly what's going to happen. However if one team were allowed to watch the game, see exactly what's going to happen, prep for it, and then go back in time to play said game. Odds are they'd stomp the opposition.

rotiart
Ah, ok I gotcha.

I think this scenario is a bit different though. Yes Tony prepared Hulkbuster armor etc and had intimate knowledge of the Hulk. But at the end of the day the guy is prepping for what might happen based on past encounters etc. However there are still factors he can't account for because it hasn't yet happened.

Unless I'm reading it a bit too literally, in this scenario that you've presented with Dos dd, you've allowed Tony to look into the past, prep for three years for a specific confrontation where he knows everything that's going to happen and then travel back in time to deal with it. There would be no surprises, no unaccounted for variables. He knows exactly what DD was capable of at that point in time and what he's going to do, so he could prep perfectly for it. His biggest issue would be being able to find a way to replicate the type of damage to dd that Supes laid on him that doesn't burn out his power source. He'd do it imo, but it'll be 6/10 blood, sweat and tears kinds of battles.

What you're describing with Tony and Hulk is more akin to two football teams prepping for a Sunday showdown. They can watch film and scout all they want, but at the end of the day, there's still a game to be played and no team knows exactly what's going to happen. However if one team were allowed to watch the game, see exactly what's going to happen, prep for it, and then go back in time to play said game. Odds are they'd stomp the opposition.

so you are saying that tony with his tech can make a suit of armor in three years that can physically match doomsday's strength, speed, and durability? since that would make them equals.. then the knowledge clears the wins... If he could... why doesn't he walk around in armor making him thors equal all day long hrm? I don't think that even with three years he'd be able to pull off the feat of making a physically comparable suit.

tactically he could probably build a space station that shoots a beam from space that knocks out doomsday sure.. but a suit of armor like the rest of his thor/hulk/whatever else busters?... no.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.