Pissing contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Thanos and Darkseid are hanging out having a couple Bloody Mary's, because even bad guys need to unwind now and again. After awhile they're both getting an argument over which one of the two is more evil. Thanos then smugly states "Dude, I got this. My old lady has The Living Tribunal on speed dial, all I gotta do is make one phone call and he'll straighten this sh*t out." Darkseid replies"Word? Even I've heard of The Living Tribunal and I live in a sh*tty little podunk Universe that hangs it's hat on the most annoyingly holier than thou person to ever put on tights." Thanos then remarks "Sh*t negro, I don't know how it is back home in the sticks, but over here, I keep these b*tches on lock down. That's just how I roll." After a few more drinks Thanos phones home, and much to his delight, the Living Tribunal happens to be over returning the platter he borrowed last Christmas and as luck would have it is more than happy to be the designated driver. Upon arrival the two bickering despots climb into the back of the Trib's van and resume their argument. After hearing both sides the Tribunal issues his decision.

Pick a side, who do you think would win and how would they prove that they are more evil?

Mindset
http://i53.tinypic.com/vgsxzn.jpg

Mshinu
Depends on how you define evil..

If it is a lack of empathy then Darkseid wins.
If it is selfishness then Thanos wins.

I figure the Tribunal (after spinning his heads at least twenty times) picks Darkseid as the more evil. Thanos is more defined by his cunning, DS more evil personified.

Black bolt z
This thread has been done before.

And once again Darkseid is more evil. Thanos is a nihilist, he loves death. He is not evil by nature. Darkseid is. He's the freaking God of it.

Cogito
^ This

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Black bolt z
This thread has been done before.

And once again Darkseid is more evil. Thanos is a nihilist, he loves death. He is not evil by nature. Darkseid is. He's the freaking God of it.
Thanos was a nihilist at one point but has stated that he doesn't follow that ideology any more. He has referred to himself as evil before, betrayed his allies when it suits him, has wiped out entire universes when it suits him, and has even sacrificed trillions of lives "just to impress a girl". Darkseid on the other has also proven his disregard for other living beings, enslaved entire planets, and also betrays his allies. There is one major difference IMO. As you've already stated Darkseid is a God. Being a God, I don't think that Darkseid feels that the term evil applies to him. He's not evil, he simply IS. If Darkseid is "evil" for destroying entire civilizations, mass murder, and allowing his people to suffer does that mean that the Judeo/Christian God is evil as well, after all he is responsible for the same acts?

King Kandy
Thanos plays anti-hero on occasion, Darkseid is evil 24/7.

Cogito
Darkseid has saved the day a couple times in the past, though not for anyone else's benefit...

Uriel005
Darkseid isn't necessarily evil by my book. He just suffers from a universal OCD to have everything in order and just so happens to have the power to at least make a good run at trying to do so. From his perspective once everyone was under his control via anti-life he would have created a Utopia. This isn't so much an evil act as much as Plato's Republic being forced upon everyone else. Darkseid for all his failings would make a good peacetime despot. Remember he is not necessarily a fan of cruel acts (i.e. his dislike of Desaad for being an unnecessarily sadistic) he is just an ends justifies the means for creating a perfect universe.

JakeTheBank
Nah, Darkseid's thoroughly evil.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos plays anti-hero on occasion, Darkseid is evil 24/7. Darkseid helped save the galaxy from Imperiex in OWAW, Thanos would not only assist Imperiex in his quest, then slay him and offer everything up as an offering to Mistress Death.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Darkseid helped save the galaxy from Imperiex in OWAW, Thanos would not only assist Imperiex in his quest, then slay him and offer everything up as an offering to Mistress Death.
Yeah, because that's what he did for magus/goddess/his clones, etc right? Thanos has saved the universe, actually more times than he's threatened it.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Darkseid helped save the galaxy from Imperiex in OWAW, Thanos would not only assist Imperiex in his quest, then slay him and offer everything up as an offering to Mistress Death. blame loeb

Cogito
Originally posted by psycho gundam
blame loeb

Nah it's in character. Darkseid wants the universe to exist, with all its life, so that he can rule it. Anti-Life yo.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Mindset
http://i53.tinypic.com/vgsxzn.jpg

made me lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.