10 Midnighters Vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Orion can't use the Astro Force or Harness. Only his speed, strength, and skills. Does he have a chance? Seeing as Midnighter

knocked out Martian Manhunter with a nerve strike

You can use old Midnighter, too.

Bentley
Next month we will learn John was playing possum. Orion 100000/10.

Simbon
Midnighter can't read good needs go learn school.

celeyhyga17
Orion stomps.
Orion MA skillz >>>>>>>>>> J'onn MA skillz

Stoic
Orion

Prep-Man
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Orion stomps.
Orion MA skillz >>>>>>>>>> J'onn MA skillz

Yes, but would Orion's MA skills be higher than Midnighter's battle computer?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yes, but would Orion's MA skills be higher than Midnighter's battle computer?

Yes!

the Darkone
Originally posted by Bentley
Next month we will learn John was playing possum. Orion 100000/10.

thumb up that's what I was thinking. MM is one the most powerful beings on Earth, if MN even thinks that MM was a push over he is in for a rude awaking.

srankmissingnin
Wasn't it expressly stated that MM human form wasn't all that powerful, which is why he had to go all Dune on Apollo?

Prep-Man
Human form? I thought he just shape shifted into a human so he could hide who he really was. He changed into the moster to be on Apollo's level.

Bentley
He took Apollo's punch in his martian form, Midnighter koed him in the same form.

srankmissingnin
Human form? I thought he just shape shifted into a human so he could hide who he really was. He changed into the moster to be on Apollo's level.

Meant to say "humanoid" form.

srankmissingnin
He took Apollo's punch in his martian form, Midnighter koed him in the same form.

True, but we don't know how strong Apollo is. Even reboot Superman looks to be sub Thing level based on how much trouble dude had with that train.

Bentley
I'm surprised that you're trying to lowball Midnighter already shifty

We'll get a better grasp of that feat in following issues. Personally, I think John is playing possum.

Prep-Man
It's still an awesome feat IF he did knock Martian Manhunter out. HOWEVER, I think there is more to it. MM could be playing possum.

srankmissingnin
I'm surprised that you're trying to lowball Midnighter already shifty

We'll get a better grasp of that feat in following issues. Personally, I think John is playing possum.

I think he koed him, what reason would MM possibly have for playing possum?

Prep-Man
MM should have seen that attack. Unless Midnighter is faster than the Flash or Jonn is weaker in the new DCU.

Philosophía
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
True, but we don't know how strong Apollo is. Even reboot Superman looks to be sub Thing level based on how much trouble dude had with that train. Stormwatch takes place in the present, whereas Action Comics takes place 6 years in the past. Superman will get more powerful as time passes, as the issue specifically stated that he was noticeably more powerful than 6 months prior to that, and he continues to get more powerful. He hasn't even developed the ability to fly yet.

I laughed at the pathetic attempt to downplay Midnighter's feat with the "Wasn't it stated that his humanoid form isn't all that? Wait..what..he no-sold Apollo in that form? Well, we don't know how powerful Apollo is! I mean...Superman from 6 years ago seems sub-Thing...and that somehow means something as far as Apollo being weak! Yeah!" dumbassery, but don't do that again.

srankmissingnin

JakeTheBank
Personally, I think that that Superman is going to be portrayed as a High Herald. Keep in mind we're going to have three seperate Supermen to keep track of as of now:

Action Comics' Superman
Justice League Superman
Superman Superman (which would be in the present)

Eventually, all three of them will portray Superman as he is now in the present. And I highly doubt DC will have Superman be "weak" as he's practically spearheading this reboot.

Prep-Man
mm tanking apollos blow was pretty impressive. for all we know mm is at the same power levels as he was before.

the Darkone
If it happens Mr. Majestic joins the new 52, what team would he be apart of, JLA or Storm Watch?

Prep-Man
neither. he joins wildcats.

srankmissingnin
mm tanking apollos blow was pretty impressive. for all we know mm is at the same power levels as he was before.

He is actively looking for someone Superman level, if he was the same level as he was before all he would need to do would be look in a mirror. cool

Prep-Man
mm was always a notch below superman. but not by much. he still tanked apollos punch, yet midnighters was skilled enough to by pass his speed and knock him out. not bad so far.

Bentley
lmao

Manhunter, stated that he wasn't as powerful in his humanoid form and then he needed to shift to fight Apollo. How is mentioning stated on panel facts "down playing" Midnighter's feat? I'm sorry I brought up the context in which the feat happened. roll eyes (sarcastic)

All we know about Apollo's power level is some anecdotal statements that he is as powerful as Superman.... and we have no idea how powerful Superman is. All we know about Superman right now, is that he is MUCH weaker then his pre FP counterpart. Feel free to speculate about how powerful characters might end up being, but right now every top tier character we've seen has been lower to a much more "realistic" level.

We've always had statements that made Apollo Superman level, you've ignored those before...

Also, stop trying to save face calling for context, we both know that you're starting your campaign to diss Midnighter in Logan's favor evil face

stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
We've always had statements that made Apollo Superman level, you've ignored those before...

Also, stop trying to save face calling for context, we both know that you're starting your campaign to diss Midnighter in Logan's favor evil face

stick out tongue

Statements unfortunately contradicted by the entirety of Apollo's history of being closer to Miss Marvel then he ever was Superman. And that's on a good day, because on a bad day he gets over powered by horses. cool

I don't need to start a campaign to diss Midnighter in Wolverine's favour, I just need to sit back and wait for the moment when Batman inevitably kicks his ass... and hope that Grifter avoids it. sad

Mindset
Batman...kick Grifter's ass?

HAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHOHOHOHO

Prep-Man
this is a whole new midnighter and apollo. we wont be seeing any major crossovers for a while. so far mids was fast enough to ko mm. a top tier.

srankmissingnin
this is a whole new midnighter and apollo. we wont be seeing any major crossovers for a while. so far mids was fast enough to ko mm. a top tier.

Do you understand the concept of blindsiding someone? Because you've brought up speed a lot, which makes me question if you do or not.

Bentley
Statements unfortunately contradicted by the entirety of Apollo's history of being closer to Miss Marvel then he ever was Superman. And that's on a good day, because on a bad day he gets over powered by horses. cool

I don't need to start a campaign to diss Midnighter in Wolverine's favour, I just need to sit back and wait for the moment when Batman inevitably kicks his ass... and hope that Grifter avoids it. sad

Ms. Marvel cannot space flight right? (honest question, I forgot confused )

srankmissingnin
Ms. Marvel cannot space flight right? (honest question, I forgot confused )

She can.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by srankmissingnin Do you understand the concept of blindsiding someone? Because you've brought up speed a lot, which makes me question if you do or not.

mm should not have been blind sided anyway. hes avoided attacks through telepathy before. maybe hes weaker in the new dcu. who knows. to early to tell.

Cogito
to early to tell.

This.

srankmissingnin
mm should not have been blind sided anyway. hes avoided attacks through telepathy before. maybe hes weaker in the new dcu. who knows. to early to tell.

Was there anything in the issue that indicated he had telepathy or omnipresence?

Bentley
I think its safe to assume MM has telepathy ermm

Prep-Man
Originally posted by srankmissingnin Was there anything in the issue that indicated he had telepathy or omnipresence?

i was assuming telepathy since he stated he sensed a presence. unless i read it wrong. mm has sensed danger before through tp before.

Philosophía
lmao

Manhunter, stated that he wasn't as powerful in his humanoid form and then he needed to shift to fight Apollo. How is mentioning stated on panel facts "down playing" Midnighter's feat? I'm sorry I brought up the context in which the feat happened. roll eyes (sarcastic) Just because J'onn is able to shapeshift into a form capable of overpowering potential Superman-level foes, doesn't mean that his 'human form wasn't all that powerful' (your exact words). Not when he no-sells the same potential Superman-level foes. You didn't bring context, you insinuated that there was something that indicates his human form isn't "all that powerful", which is not the case.

All we know about Apollo's power level is some anecdotal statements that he is as powerful as Superman.... and we have no idea how powerful Superman is. All we know about Superman right now, is that he is MUCH weaker then his pre FP counterpart. You tried to speculate on how powerful Apollo is in current days, by referencing to Superman's power from 6 years ago The fact that "even reboot Superman looks to be sub-thing level" isn't relevant to current day powerlevels, when Superman is much more powerful, and yet Apollo is the 'potential Superman level recruit'.

You're hiding behind "we can't know how powerful Apollo is" or making connections that make absolutely no sense to the weakest on-panel Superman from 6 years in the past in an attempt to downplay Apollo's feat. That's stupid. Though we haven't seen much of what has taken place, it's obvious that Apollo will be a 'Class 100' character. Which J'onn no sold, in the same form in which Midnighter one-shotted him.

Accept that, and move on.

The classic Marvel backwards way of looking at things, 'Darkseid is weak because Superman beat him, it's not that Superman is that powerful' idiocy?

Laugh.

Pause.

No, that would just further prove that Batman wipes the floor with your favorite Marvel characters.

srankmissingnin

Cogito
Was there anything in the issue that indicated he had telepathy or omnipresence?

You need to recheck your definition of omnipresence bro

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Cogito
You need to recheck your definition of omnipresence bro He probably meant omniscience.

And Midnighter's hurt/stunned Superman-type foes before with punches/kicks before. So a one-shot pressure point to a Superman-type foe (while the highest showing so far) wasn't exactly out of the realm of possibility with WS Midnighter.

It's a Karnak/Mantis type showing. And Midnighter's far closer to them than he is to Batman or Wolverine.

Williowbluntsmo

Prep-Man
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He probably meant omniscience.

And Midnighter's hurt/stunned Superman-type foes before with punches/kicks before. So a one-shot pressure point to a Superman-type foe (while the highest showing so far) wasn't exactly out of the realm of possibility with WS Midnighter.

It's a Karnak/Mantis type showing. And Midnighter's far closer to them than he is to Batman or Wolverine.

Yeah, that Midnighter feat is above pretty much any street leveler out there. Except Karate Kid, of course.

Williowbluntsmo
I love Srank.

Philosophía
I'm speculating on how powerful Apollo is based on what we've seen on panel thus far in the New 52. Other then an anemic ground stomp all we have right now is anecdotal evidence that he is Superman level, and all we know about Superman level is what we saw in Action Comics. Right now there is no indication on how powerful Superman will be in the current time line, when we see what he can do I will gladly use that information, but I'm not going to theorize on his potential hypothetical power level to determine how power Apollo is by extension. That's nice, but you have implied Apollo is weak by making a conection with Action Comics Superman. That "even reboot Superman had problems with the train". Without specifying that it's Superman from 6 years ago. The Superman who can't fly. And the Superman who gets powerful over time, until he is the hero from current day. The quote is quite clear and concise:
True, but we don't know how strong Apollo is. Even reboot Superman looks to be sub Thing level based on how much trouble dude had with that train. Or, in other words, you have a problem speculating how powerful Apollo is based on not seeing how powerful Superman is, and thus him being a rival, but you have absolutely no problem trying to demean Apollo by drawing a half-assed parallel to "sub-Thing" version of Superman that has absolutely no relevance to current Superman's power, and thus Apollo's?

Selective speculation? Amusing.

I'm sorry that Darkseid frequently getting his ass kicked by Superman means that he is no match for Thanos. You don't need to apologize for something that is untrue.

leonidas
where did all this good stuff happen? which book?

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
where did all this good stuff happen? which book? Action Comics #1. Stormwatch #1. DC has rebooted their entire line.

Have you been living under a e-rock, leo? uhuh

leonidas
i know about the reboot but only read the jla book so far... embarrasment

i'll get around to them. actually can't wait. sounds interesting at least. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.