Lord Marvell V.S. Infinity Man (DONG)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
To the death or KO. BFR is not an option.

Diesldude
I'd give regular IM 10/10. This is a stomp of epic proportions.

Harbinger
DotNG Infinity Man. Spite. Dude killed hundreds of thousands of New Gods while he was the agent of the Source. Lord Mar-Vell can't see him.

iceman24567
IM stomps

celeyhyga17
Source Man wins. Lord-Marvell was beat the fuk down by Thanos.

Cogito
thumb up

Spite

quanchi112
Mar-vell wins.

Cogito
^ It's not worth it folks...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
^ It's not worth it folks... It's only my opinion. smile

cdtm
DOTNG Infinity Man wins.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
It's only my opinion. smile

Good, you're finally learning the difference between you opinion and the facts flirt

the Darkone
IM was a land slide, not even close. IM 10/10

Prep-Man
IM.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Good, you're finally learning the difference between you opinion and the facts flirt My opinion is highly supportable.

Nihilist
Originally posted by cdtm
DOTNG Infinity Man wins.

Stoic
Infinity Man.

Diesldude
My opinion is highly supportable. you know an IM's win here doesn't negate or lower Thanos ' win in any way right?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Diesldude
you know an IM's win here doesn't negate or lower Thanos ' win in any way right? laughing out loud

Bentley
My opinion is highly supportable.

Sure, just not supportable by facts 131

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
you know an IM's win here doesn't negate or lower Thanos ' win in any way right? I was more impressed by Mar-vell than I was by Infinity Man.Originally posted by Bentley
Sure, just not supportable by facts 131 What did Infinity Man do that was so impressive ?

Cogito
I was more impressed by Mar-vell than I was by Infinity Man. What did Infinity Man do that was so impressive ?

Killed hundreds of thousands of New Gods. Easily. Without a single one getting away, without a single one alerting anyone else. Without leaving any evidence or sign of his involvement. This included the likes of Takion and the Black Racer (who's an agent of Death, and a speedster).

Easily punked Superman.

Fought Anti-Life Scott Free (the embodiment of anti-life, in his own words) and was winning. Co-destroyed the Source Wall (which imprisoned thousands of titans who couldn't repeat said feat).

You probably consider all that to be below Surfer, so I don't know why I bother typing.

Lord Feron
Killed hundreds of thousands of New Gods. Easily. Without a single one getting away, without a single one alerting anyone else. Without leaving any evidence or sign of his involvement. This included the likes of Takion and the Black Racer (who's an agent of Death, and a speedster).

Easily punked Superman.

Fought Anti-Life Scott Free (the embodiment of anti-life, in his own words) and was winning. Co-destroyed the Source Wall (which imprisoned thousands of titans who couldn't repeat said feat).

You probably consider all that to be below Surfer, so I don't know why I bother typing.

Just curious, the hundres of thousands of new gods. How did they die?

quanchi112

Easily punked Superman.

You probably consider all that to be below Surfer, so I don't know why I bother typing. Killing them one on one in secret isn't as impressive to me. I don't see why Mar-vell couldn' tbeat the new gods one on one either in secret. Orion also resisted and had to be permanently destroyed and Superman's punches had an effect on Infinity Man.

Yes, he bested Superman by imprisoning him but I do believe he was above elite top tier so I don't see the problem there what I do see a problem with is him running away from Jsa Gog and being affected by Superman's punches.

Not below Surfer no but below Mar-vell, absolutely.

Bentley
He still fought Anti-Life Scott Free though...

quanchi112
He still fought Anti-Life Scott Free though... He was the other half of the source so it had to do with that.

Bentley
Could you elaborate? How is having the other part of the Anti-life not being incredibly powerful?

Cogito
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Just curious, the hundres of thousands of new gods. How did they die?

Holes through the chest.

Orion also resisted

lol

Orion charges in. Doesn't know what he's facing
Flash of light
Orion's dead

quanchi112
Could you elaborate? How is having the other part of the Anti-life not being incredibly powerful? The Source could resist since it was half of his entire being not because Infinity Man was uber powerful. Infinity Man at his best is just half the source's power.

celeyhyga17

Easily punked Superman.

Killing "hundreds of thousands of New Gods" wasn't that great a feat save for a few (like the Orion death). He was kinda empowered to do that by the Source. Plus to me Ale Scott seemed to have the upper hand by a smidgen. IIRC, it was really Scott that destroyed the wall as a consequence of IM standing right on it as Scott fired at him. Lord Mar-Vell however wasn't impressive with his showing against Thanos. Sorry to use ABC logic, but I'd take DotNG > Thanos. IM should beat Lord Mar-Vell here.

Bentley
Sure. But how exactly "just" the half of the Source is under Marvell?

Cogito
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Killing "hundreds of thousands of New Gods" wasn't that great a feat save for a few (like the Orion death). He was kinda empowered to do that by the Source.

That's exactly the version of Infinity Man we're talking about here. The one empowered by the Source. The Source gave him a big powerup, not a powerup that only helped against New Gods.

Plus to me Ale Scott seemed to have the upper hand by a smidgen. IIRC, it was really Scott that destroyed the wall as a consequence of IM standing right on it as Scott fired at him.

Scott almost certainly had a slight upper hand. The fact that IM was able to go up against him at all, and hurt him in the process, was very impressive. Their fight never ended btw, it was just interrupted by the Source/Anti-Life joining.

quanchi112
Holes through the chest.

lol

Orion charges in. Doesn't know what he's facing
Flash of light
Orion's dead Orion had to be completely destroyed hence he resisted. He was the only new god who went down in this fashion. Don't downplay Orion.

Cogito
Orion had to be completely destroyed hence he resisted.

Where do you come up with this? It was never said, never implied...

There was a flash of light and it was over. Done. No resistance, he just went down as simple as that.

quanchi112
Where do you come up with this? It was never said, never implied...

There was a flash of light and it was over. Done. No resistance, he just went down as simple as that. It was further stated when the Source used him against seid iirc. Orion's resistance was more than any other new god.

iceman24567
IM is leagues above somebody like Marvel the guy did mildy impressive things. IM killed all the New Gods easily at that. IM stomps 10/10. He would also stomp the Magus and Thanosn

celeyhyga17
Orion had to be completely destroyed hence he resisted. He was the only new god who went down in this fashion. Don't downplay Orion.

in the end he still got annihilated. I think he was just showing the type of level DotNG IM was at. Which was...

DotNG Infinity Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any New God including Orion, Takion, and anyone worth mentioning.

Batman-Prime
IM easy.

quanchi112
in the end he still got annihilated. I think he was just showing the type of level DotNG IM was at. Which was...

DotNG Infinity Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any New God including Orion, Takion, and anyone worth mentioning. I agree he was far above the new gods but I feel like he wasn't above Gog jsa. He actually walked away from him.

celeyhyga17
I agree he was far above the new gods but I feel like he wasn't above Gog jsa. He actually walked away from him.

he cause wasn't one of his targets anyway.

quanchi112
he cause wasn't one of his targets anyway. He didn't walk away from Superman he trapped him. Walking away implies inferiority.

King Kandy
The Source could resist since it was half of his entire being not because Infinity Man was uber powerful. Infinity Man at his best is just half the source's power.
"Just" half the Source's power, um, that's what I would call uber powerful. You have some pretty high standards it seems.

Stoic
He didn't walk away from Superman he trapped him. Walking away implies inferiority.

This is where I have to agree with you. Superman was able to resist the Infinity Mans power. That fight always had me baffled.

iceman24567
Originally posted by King Kandy
"Just" half the Source's power, um, that's what I would call uber powerful. You have some pretty high standards it seems. Lol

celeyhyga17
He didn't walk away from Superman he trapped him. Walking away implies inferiority. nono

what the heck were u reading? Supes was a nuisance to him. Why would he walk away from Supes when it was his plan to draw Scott to the Source Wall for a final battle in which he actually succeeded in doing? Supes was the uninvited guest hence the light prison.

IM - "Superman, you are not a New God and should not be involved in this matter."

IM - "Acknowledge my superior might Kryptonian, and depart!"

Then when he knew Cark wasn't gonna stop.. He says...

IM - "Then it would be judicious of us to cut short your assault with a prison of solidified light. This should hold you long enough for me to deal with him (Scott) whom I actually came for."

All i gotta say is... doh

oh and /thread

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
This is where I have to agree with you. Superman was able to resist the Infinity Mans power. That fight always had me baffled.

From a Starlin interview, he claimed the condition of using Superman, was to be respectful towards him.

So he made him look good against Orion, Kalibak and Mantis at the same time, and Infinity Man.

Personally, I think Infinity Man was holding back on him. He did tell Superman he didn't want to kill him, since he's not a New God, and the shield he encased him in also protected him once the Source Wall fell.

Plus, the Source itself saw to Supermans welfare after he was caught between New Genesis and Apokolips, and personally sent him home.

celeyhyga17
^
Yep...
Superman resisting IM's power is laughable. This version of IM was fuggin stacked.

paisapower
^
Yep...
Superman resisting IM's power is laughable. This version of IM was fuggin stacked. [/QUOTA

All Superman did was show his physical superiority, not overall power

Cogito
Superman did not show physical superiority.

IM has always been shown as greater than Superman

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
"Just" half the Source's power, um, that's what I would call uber powerful. You have some pretty high standards it seems. Above top tier for sure but even all the source's power in the form of the godwave was described as less than infinite in genesis. That's less powerful than the power gem.

nono

what the heck were u reading? Supes was a nuisance to him. Why would he walk away from Supes when it was his plan to draw Scott to the Source Wall for a final battle in which he actually succeeded in doing? Supes was the uninvited guest hence the light prison.

IM - "Superman, you are not a New God and should not be involved in this matter."

IM - "Acknowledge my superior might Kryptonian, and depart!"

Then when he knew Cark wasn't gonna stop.. He says...

IM - "Then it would be judicious of us to cut short your assault with a prison of solidified light. This should hold you long enough for me to deal with him (Scott) whom I actually came for."

All i gotta say is... doh

oh and /thread Superman's punches were having an effect on him. That shouldn't be the case but I agree he was well beyond Superman in combat.

celeyhyga17
Above top tier for sure but even all the source's power in the form of the godwave was described as less than infinite in genesis. That's less powerful than the power gem.

Superman's punches were having an effect on him. That shouldn't be the case but I agree he was well beyond Superman in combat.

Very little to no effect.

Bentley
Above top tier for sure but even all the source's power in the form of the godwave was described as less than infinite in genesis. That's less powerful than the power gem.

Superman's punches were having an effect on him. That shouldn't be the case but I agree he was well beyond Superman in combat.

So according to you the Source is less than Infinite so it must be less than Thanos. Great logic Quan.

quanchi112
Very little to no effect. Some effect which is just from an elite top tier.Originally posted by Bentley
So according to you the Source is less than Infinite so it must be less than Thanos. Great logic Quan. The Source at full power through the godwave is less than infinite so half of that is considerably less powerful. I see Mar-vell taking this.

celeyhyga17
I see Mar-vell taking this.

He takes it alright.. Right up his undying @$$!

quanchi112
He takes it alright.. Right up his undying @$$! Nah, Mar-vell beats him.

Bentley
Some effect which is just from an elite top tier. The Source at full power through the godwave is less than infinite so half of that is considerably less powerful. I see Mar-vell taking this.

So how many heralds exactly does half a god wave takes? 10 tousand?

quanchi112
So how many heralds exactly does half a god wave takes? 10 tousand? That's just a wild guess but I've already said I believe more powerful than any elite top tier less powerful than Mar-vell.

Bentley
That's just a wild guess but I've already said I believe more powerful than any elite top tier less powerful than Mar-vell.

Based on? According to you how many heralds would fall to half a god wave?

iceman24567
Originally posted by iceman24567
IM stomps

quanchi112
Based on? According to you how many heralds would fall to half a god wave? It's too vague to be able to accurately guess.

the Darkone
IM held back against Superman out of respect for him,lets be real this battle was between the New Gods, if Superman was a New God he would've gotten killed just like the rest of New God's. If Takion, Black Racer who are >>> Superman and the other New God's fall what makes anybody else think that Superman would've stood of much of chance against IM the way he was killing all those new god's powerful ones at that, if you anybosy think lord marvell is greater than all the new gods they are brain damage. IM 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by the Darkone
IM held back against Superman out of respect for who he is,lets be real, this battle was between the New Gods, if Superman was a New God, he would have gotten killed just like the rest of New God's. If ,Takion, Black Racer who are >>> Superman and the other New God's what makes anybody think that Superman would've stood of much of chance against IM the way he was killing all those new god's powerful ones at that. IM 10/10 I agree he'd kill Superman but the fact Supermans punches were having a minimal effect makes me question his durability.

the Darkone
I agree he'd kill Superman but the fact Supermans punches were having a minimal effect makes me question his durability.

IM was holding back, this was not Superman fight that's why IM didn't rip Superman in half like the rest of the New God's. If IM wanted too he could have one shot Superman back to Earth, IM was toying with him.

quanchi112
IM was holding back, this was not Superman fight that's why IM didn't rip Superman in half like the rest of the New God's. If IM wanted too he could have one shot Superman back to Earth, IM was toying with him. I don't think he'd be able to oneshot kill him but kill or defeat him with little effort I agree.

the Darkone
I don't think he'd be able to oneshot kill him but kill or defeat him with little effort I agree.

IM can beat Black Racer and Takion by ripping their heart out, Superman gets one shot.

Cogito
I agree he'd kill Superman but the fact Supermans punches were having a minimal effect makes me question his durability.

IM took 3 punches from Superman, as Superman said he could shatter planets (indicating he wasn't holding anything back while punching IM). After 3 punches, without a single cry of pain, IM stopped f'ing around and trapped Superman. Prior to that, all of IM's attacks hurt Superman.

Now, does this make you question anything?

Nova (who's not in Superman's league) crashes into a wall with Mar-vell. Mar-vell screams in pain.

or this?

Surfer drags Mar-vell out of his ship and into space. Mar-vell screams in pain.

quanchi112
IM can beat Black Racer and Takion by ripping their heart out, Superman gets one shot. Drax also ripped out the Magus' heart that doesn't mean he easily rips out Surfer's heart. Im is also powered by the same source which powers the new gods.Originally posted by Cogito
IM took 3 punches from Superman, as Superman said he could shatter planets (indicating he wasn't holding anything back while punching IM). After 3 punches, without a single cry of pain, IM stopped f'ing around and trapped Superman. Prior to that, all of IM's attacks hurt Superman.

Now, does this make you question anything?

Nova (who's not in Superman's league) crashes into a wall with Mar-vell. Mar-vell screams in pain.

or this?

Surfer drags Mar-vell out of his ship and into space. Mar-vell screams in pain. No, for two reasons. Making a sound when you are physically pushed back is kind of expected. The dialogue makes it clear eventually these elite top tier attacks will bring him down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.