None Holding back Thor vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Thor is pissed but fighting smart BUT he is out for the kill. He isnt pulling anything while facing Thanos...going for blood.

Thanos is always out for blood.

No bfring...no shields.

Who wins?

dmills
Thanos. No shields make it more interesting though.

rotiart
Thor is fully trained in asgardian combat styles. He wins.

Via headbut.

golem370
If Odin can't drop Thanos Thor has no chance

dmills
Originally posted by rotiart
Thor is fully trained in asgardian combat styles. He wins.

Via headbut.

Whilst telling him what a giant pain in the ass he's been.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Thor is pissed but fighting smart BUT he is out for the kill. He isnt pulling anything while facing Thanos...going for blood.

Thanos is always out for blood.

No bfring...no shields.

Who wins?

Even without shields, Thanos muscled through an annoyed Odin's Gungnir blast. Thanos wins this.

Bouboumaster
Thanos wins it easely with a headbutt.

King Kandy
If Thor headbutts Thanos, he'll knock himself out.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by King Kandy

Yeah. You just don't headbutt Thanos. You just don't!

zopzop
Originally posted by King Kandy

I see what you did there big grin

OneDumbG0
Thor absorbs Thanos' blasts, amps them a hundred-fold back at Thanos, immediately calls up the strongest cosmic storms he's summoned to keep him off-balance, and immediately follows that up with a quick Anti-Force blast and knocks him out.

If this sounds familiar to anyone, brownie points for you.

Omega Vision
Lol at Carver's 'none holding back'

vince_slice
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Thor absorbs Thanos' blasts, amps them a hundred-fold back at Thanos, immediately calls up the strongest cosmic storms he's summoned to keep him off-balance, and immediately follows that up with a quick Anti-Force blast and knocks him out.

If this sounds familiar to anyone, brownie points for you.

Didn't Thor attempt most of those things on a Thanosi, without it accomplishing much? I don't know about the cosmic storm though.

Diesldude
Without shields, Thor will win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos has the edge physically and is -on average- more powerful than Thor but he doesn't bring anything to the table that Thor can't handle. If by going all out Carver means Thor pulls out the less used abilities like the God Blast, charged hammer strikes, energy absorption etc. then Thor wins.

If not, the Odinson has a strong enough history against high class opponents that this being a great fight isn't even really debatable and I really could see it going either way. Unless this is a purely high end showings fight or something. I would like to see the end result of a Thor/Thanos confrontation if the Mad Titan had killed Sif or something in front of Thor.

Black bolt z
Thanos

vince_slice
I'm pretty sure this fight already happened in the comics, except Thor was even more powerful because he was amped by the power gem. Without the power gem, his performance would be a lot worse.

tkitna
Thanos wins everytime

DickBlazer
Clearly thanos

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos has the edge physically and is -on average- more powerful than Thor but he doesn't bring anything to the table that Thor can't handle. If by going all out Carver means Thor pulls out the less used abilities like the God Blast, charged hammer strikes, energy absorption etc. then Thor wins.

If not, the Odinson has a strong enough history against high class opponents that this being a great fight isn't even really debatable and I really could see it going either way. Unless this is a purely high end showings fight or something. I would like to see the end result of a Thor/Thanos confrontation if the Mad Titan had killed Sif or something in front of Thor.

This post deserves more then just "Thanos wins" as a reply. Where are the Thanosi? Quan? Kurupt? Nihilist -to a lesser degree stick out tongue

quanchi112

If not, the Odinson has a strong enough history against high class opponents that this being a great fight isn't even really debatable and I really could see it going either way. Unless this is a purely high end showings fight or something. I would like to see the end result of a Thor/Thanos confrontation if the Mad Titan had killed Sif or something in front of Thor. Based off of what does Thor use the godblast or that he has the time necessary to do so. What proof do you have it would even defeat him anyways.

We already saw an out for blood/not holding back while sporting the power gem Thor.

carver makes threads when he gets emotional.

carver9
I don't have emotions.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
I don't have emotions. Originally posted by carver9
Lol...I must was pissed when I made this thread. Nuff said.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nuff said.

Lol...da**.

h1a8
Without shields Thanos loses big time here. Even with shields I would give it to a CIS off Thor.

JakeTheBank
Thor speedblitzes him.

Nihilist
Thanos wins, but this Thor would give a very long and hard fight, far better than what Hulk/Surfer and co could ever dream of.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Without shields Thanos loses big time here. Even with shields I would give it to a CIS off Thor. Based on ?

TheLordofMurder
Thor wins this atleast 2 different ways....

He could go into true Warriors Madness (amps strength x10; for the record Blood and Thunder Thor was NOT in "true" Warriors Madness), equip his Belt of Strength (doubles his strength; he is effectively at x20 strength at this point), and equip his Asgardian Battle Armor (ups his durability) and absolutely overwhelm Thanos physically...

Or he could simply 1 shot Thanos with Soul Suck...

I've always maintained that Thor is fully capable of defeating Thanos; CIS holds him back, but if he isnt holding back and is out for blood, Thor can (and would) definitely defeat Thanos...

rotiart
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor wins this atleast 2 different ways....

He could go into true Warriors Madness (amps strength x10; for the record Blood and Thunder Thor was NOT in "true" Warriors Madness), equip his Belt of Strength (doubles his strength; he is effectively at x20 strength at this point), and equip his Asgardian Battle Armor (ups his durability) and absolutely overwhelm Thanos physically...

Or he could simply 1 shot Thanos with Soul Suck...

I've always maintained that Thor is fully capable of defeating Thanos; CIS holds him back, but if he isnt holding back and is out for blood, Thor can (and would) definitely defeat Thanos...

1. I don't think you can equate a non holding back to warrior madness.
2. Op didn't say anything about getting his belt or armor he doesn't normally wear.
3. I can't imagine the soul suck working on deaths avatar.

Other than that... Carry on.

dmills
A few things. I like a match up of Classic Thor fighting smart vs Thanos. The problem I have with the Thor side is that while the attacks could work in theory, Thanos would be on the offensive as well. He's not standing there patiently waiting while Thor preps a godblast for example. He'd attack Thor's mind, use his own cosmic blasts or if it gets up close and personal, hit him with amped up punches. This isn't a Thanos durability gauntlet, he's fighting too.

cdtm
Originally posted by vince_slice
Didn't Thor attempt most of those things on a Thanosi, without it accomplishing much? I don't know about the cosmic storm though.

He did pretty much all of it, and we see Thanos looking unharmed.

Took a few pages though, so either he was stunned or simply decided to let Mangog finish him off.

TheHulk
Thanes wins 9/10

KuRuPT Thanosi

Is this a bad joke or just your typical Thor wanking? Thor has next to no chance to beat Thanos in a 1 v 1 encounter. Thor has NEVER beaten Thanos.. EVER.. even WITH amps he hasn't been able to beat him. Thanos on the other hand... even the weakest version of Thanos.. has essentially two shot Thor. There is ZERO evidence that in ANY of their meeting Thor was holding back at all. Thus, this non holding back thing is a moot point. Fighting smart changes next to nothing. Thor doesn't bring anything to the table that Thanos can't counter and Thanos is simply more powerful in virtually ever way.

The Sorrow
Thanos wins

the Darkone
Of all the Superheroes Thor has the ability and mindset to beat Thanos more so than anybody else, if Thor can beat him he will give Thanos Hell.

golem370
Thanos is beyond Thor. Silver Surfer is every bit as powerful as Thor and Thanos nearly beat him to death.

D-Block

carver9
Thor and Surfer fights in a completely different fashion just like Surfer and Supes fight differently. Even though they are all in the same tier Superman and Thor would give Thanos a better fight than what Surfer could give him...its just that simple just like Surfer would give any brick a better fight than Thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again can somebody post ANY scan saying that when Thor has met Thanos he ws holding back? It doesn't exist, and thus, everytime they have met nad Thanos has dominated him ... it was already a non holding back Thor.

zopzop
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos is beyond Thor. Silver Surfer is every bit as powerful as Thor and Thanos nearly beat him to death.

He didn't almost beat him to death, he actually did beat him to death (7 punches total I think). He did that with his bare hands, without resorting to weapon like an indestructible magic hammer enchanted by the most powerful Skyfather in Marvel.

h1a8
I don't see what would Thanos defense be if Thor just sat there and absorbed his blasts and sent them back 10 fold.

golem370
Thanos showed he could produced a muti-directional blast

KuRuPT Thanosi
you mean other than get physical with Thor and beat his a$$?

Utrigita
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Again can somebody post ANY scan saying that when Thor has met Thanos he ws holding back? It doesn't exist, and thus, everytime they have met nad Thanos has dominated him ... it was already a non holding back Thor.

I don't think you can view it that way tbh, but just my opinion.

vince_slice
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't see what would Thanos defense be if Thor just sat there and absorbed his blasts and sent them back 10 fold.
He absorbed the blast and sent it back 100 fold and it didn't accomplish much in the comic.

Bouboumaster
I'll admit that Thor would do a lot better that Surfer againt Thanos, but it doesn't change jack shit on the fact that at the end, Thanos spank that ass.

TheLordofMurder
He absorbed the blast and sent it back 100 fold and it didn't accomplish much in the comic.

That absolutely was hyperbole...

No way in hell does a blast 100 times stronger than Thanos's own barely phase him...

Bentley
Thor isn't Superman, so he loses here.

h1a8

That wasn't Thanos but a more powerful clone.
a 100 times more powerful blast should rival a Galactus blast and we all know that Thanos can't stand up to Galactus blasts without his shields.

Originally posted by golem370
Thanos showed he could produced a muti-directional blast Thor showed that he can absorb multi-directional blasts.

vince_slice
That absolutely was hyperbole...

No way in hell does a blast 100 times stronger than Thanos's own barely phase him...

I don't think its hyperbole, considering Thor earlier tried multiple hammer blasts on Thanos without it even making him flinch. Multiplying the blast power by a hundred and sending Thanos flying and stunning him momentarily is not far off, since Thor's initial regular blast did literally nothing to Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again, so Thor has never been stated to be holding back when he's met thanos..... Thanos has beaten Thor every time they have met and never lost to him yet... That pretty much puts and end to this thread. Thanks

TheLordofMurder
I don't think its hyperbole, considering Thor earlier tried multiple hammer blasts on Thanos without it even making him flinch. Multiplying the blast power by a hundred and sending Thanos flying and stunning him momentarily is not far off, since Thor's initial regular blast did literally nothing to Thanos.

So 25 Thanos's blasting a lone Thanos wouldnt do much to him!? So I guess 10 Thanos's blasting a lone Thanos wouldnt even register to the lone Thanos...

Thats garbage and you know it...

I say again, no way in hell is Thanos casually tanking a blast 100 times stronger than his own; Thors statement was definitely hyperbole...

vince_slice
So 25 Thanos's blasting a lone Thanos wouldnt do much to him!? So I guess 10 Thanos's blasting a lone Thanos wouldnt even register to the lone Thanos...

Thats garbage and you know it...

I say again, no way in hell is Thanos casually tanking a blast 100 times stronger than his own...

Unfortunately for you it happened in the comic. It was stated that the power was increased one-hundred fold, and had to power to ravage a planet. You not agreeing with what happened in the comic doesn't change anything.

Also Thanos didn't take it casually, it sent him flying and stunned him momentarily, but he didn't get any lasting injuries from it. This isn't hard to believe considering his prolonged fight with Odin didn't give him lasting injuries either.

*edit: I also think you're making the mistake of assuming Thanos' blasts are = to his durability. If anything, his durability is much greater than his power-output and that's why he was able to take the re-directed blast.

TheLordofMurder
Unfortunately for you it happened in the comic. It was stated that the power was increased one-hundred fold, and had to power to ravage a planet. You not agreeing with what happened in the comic doesn't change anything.

Also Thanos didn't take it casually, it sent him flying and stunned him momentarily, but he didn't get any lasting injuries from it. This isn't hard to believe considering his prolonged fight with Odin didn't give him lasting injuries either.

*edit: I also think you're making the mistake of assuming Thanos' blasts are = to his durability. If anything, his durability is much greater than his power-output and that's why he was able to take the re-directed blast.

So do you believe hyperbolic statements never appear in comicbooks?

So you believe 10 Thanos's blasting a lone Thanos would do nothing to him at all? Evidently you do as you seemingly believe that a blast 100 times stronger than Thanos's own, the Anti-Force, and Thors cosmic storm is only capable of stunning and sending him flying...

Could 25 Thanos's bulge a lone Thanos with energy blasts then?

Dude...common sense...Thors statement has hyperbole written all over it.

And lets assume you are correct and it wasnt hyperbole...

How powerful does that make The Makers initial attack against Thanos!? You know, the one that one-shot-KO'ed him? Was that attack millions (or maybe even billions) of times stronger than Thanos's energy blasts?

See where this leads if you really believe that attack was 100 times stronger than Thanos's blast?

Hyperbole dude...believe it.

vince_slice
So do you believe hyperbolic statements never appear in comicbooks?

So you believe 10 Thanos's blasting a lone Thanos would do nothing to him at all? Evidently you do as you seemingly believe that a blast 100 times stronger than Thanos's own, the Anti-Force, and Thors cosmic storm is only capable of stunning and sending him flying...

Could 25 Thanos's bulge a lone Thanos with energy blasts then?

Dude...common sense...Thors statement has hyperbole written all over it.

And lets assume you are correct and it wasnt hyperbole...

How powerful does that make The Makers initial attack against Thanos!? You know, the one that one-shot-KO'ed him? Was that attack millions (or maybe even billions) of times stronger than Thanos's energy blasts?

See where this leads if you really believe that attack was 100 times stronger than Thanos's blast?

Hyperbole dude...believe it.
Well to be honest I actually don't believe Thor has the ability to walk around absorbing blasts, multiplying them one-hundred fold, and sending them back to anyone he wants. If he could do that he'd beat just about anyone. If you're going to accept the blast wasn't one-hundred times powerful, you also have to accept that Thor's ability to multiply the blast by one-hundred are hyperbole too.

But the main point of my original post was to illustrate that the tactic of absorbing Thanos' blast, multiplying it, and sending it back to him was already done in the comics, and it failed. So using the tactic here would likely have the same results.

TheLordofMurder
Tell me vince, is the following statement from Thor hyperbole?

The one about 1,000 suns to be exact....

TheLordofMurder
Well to be honest I actually don't believe Thor has the ability to walk around absorbing blasts, multiplying them one-hundred fold, and sending them back to anyone he wants. If he could do that he'd beat just about anyone. If you're going to accept the blast wasn't one-hundred times powerful, you also have to accept that Thor's ability to multiply the blast by one-hundred are hyperbole too.

But the main point of my original post was to illustrate that the tactic of absorbing Thanos' blast, multiplying it, and sending it back to him was already done in the comics, and it failed. So using the tactic here would likely have the same results.

Oh I definitely believe that Thor doesnt have the ability to absorb blasts, amp then 100 fold, and then redirect them against an opponent...

That would make him ridiculously overpowered if it was true...

IMHO a x10 amp/redirect is overboard, but its much more believable than a x100 amp/redirect...

vince_slice
Oh I definitely believe that Thor doesnt have the ability to absorb blasts, amp then 100 fold, and then redirect them against an opponent...

That would make him ridiculously overpowered if it was true...

IMHO a x10 amp/redirect is overboard, but its much more believable than a x100 amp/redirect...

I don't actually think it was 100x more powerful. I don't think you can really quantify these things in comics, but the least you can say is that the blast was extremely powerful.

But like I said, if Thor were to use the same tactic in this forum fight against Thanos, it would likely fail like it failed in the comic.

TheLordofMurder
I don't actually think it was 100x more powerful.

But like I said, if Thor were to use the same tactic in this forum fight against Thanos, it would likely fail like it failed in the comic.

This I can agree with...

thumb up

Stoic
Thor gives him hell, and I mean absolute hell, he loses, but it's not going to be easy.

h1a8
I don't actually think it was 100x more powerful. I don't think you can really quantify these things in comics, but the least you can say is that the blast was extremely powerful.

But like I said, if Thor were to use the same tactic in this forum fight against Thanos, it would likely fail like it failed in the comic. That wasn't Thanos but a more powerful clone.

Thor wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.