Is Captain Marvel more worthy to wield Mjolnir?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH
Seeing as Billy is pure of heart, heroic, a great warrior, and magic based, would he make a better man to wield the hammer?

Thor

Vs.

Captain Marvel

Both armed with Mjolnir.

Discuss.

ares834
CM without the hammer will give Thor a fight. If CM can merely use the hammer adequately he'd win.

CosmicComet
Billy for sure.

Strength comparable.

Speed easily on his side.

Is highly resistant to magic in the first place.

Excellent regen vs moderate regen.

JakeTheBank
Hmmm.

I don't think that being pure of heart in of itself is what allows someone to wield the hammer, though it can certainly be argued to be a key component of "worthiness". I think that while Billy is a decent warrior (using the term loosely for Cap), he doesn't have that same honorable warrior mentality that Thor has. Someone like Wonder Woman would be more in line with "worthiness" than Marvel would be, imo (non-canon crossovers aside).

So, no, I don't think he'd be "better" at using Mjolnir than Thor would be.

That being said, Cap's inherent advantages coupled with Mjolnir give him an edge. It depends if he has the same experience as Thor does wielding the hammer, ultimately.

nimbus006
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hmmm.

I don't think that being pure of heart in of itself is what allows someone to wield the hammer, though it can certainly be argued to be a key component of "worthiness". I think that while Billy is a decent warrior (using the term loosely for Cap), he doesn't have that same honorable warrior mentality that Thor has. Someone like Wonder Woman would be more in line with "worthiness" than Marvel would be, imo (non-canon crossovers aside).

That being said, Cap's inherent advantages coupled with Mjolnir give him an edge. It depends if he has the same experience as Thor does wielding the hammer, ultimately.

I tend to agree with pretty much every one of your posts...well said.

carver9
Jake is a great debator...sometimes I hate debating against him.

Bentley
Originally posted by nimbus006
I tend to agree with pretty much every one of your posts...well said.

Go get a room evil face

MF DELPH
He wouldn't get Thor's experience or knowledge of the hammer, but he does have his own Wisdom of Solomon and other powers/experiences with magical artifacts to supplement his lack of experience.

For the intents of this battle, it's just Captain Marvel given Mjolnir and then placed on the battlefield. He'd have to learn on the fly, but he'd get all the abilities Mjolnir bestows.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Jake is a great debator...sometimes I hate debating against him.

Masterdebater.

3 of u's get a room.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bentley
Go get a room evil face

Jealous are we? stick out tongue

vansonbee
If Thor doesn't exist, the hammer will designate someone else. Yes, maybe Billy can wield Mjolnir than.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Adding Mjolnir would make things more balanced between the two but Thor is still far more experienced with Mjolnir.

It would most likely be a stalemate in a comic despite the power increase Billy receives. Thor would get the win if things became exotic but I doubt that would happen. It doesn't hurt that Thor just went toe to toe with a hammer wielding Thing/Hulk.

It might seem like good logic, but a powerful entity gaining a Mjolnir like weapon doesn't automatically mean they'd beat Thor in a fight.

Hmmm.

Pretty much.

At the end of the day, I think Billy is too soft by Asgardian standards.

-Pr-
Hmmm.

thumb up

MF DELPH
So who would win in a fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.