Galactus Vs The Council Of Skyfathers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Galactus Vs All 12 Skyfathers

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/2007259-untitled.jpg

zopzop
If the Mighty Thor series is any indication of how Marvel sees Big G and Odin, you don't even need the whole council. Zeus and Odin should be more than enough.

JakeTheBank
Galactus is merced.

Eternal Idol
Galactus heralds his foot up their collective asses.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Spite thread.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree. Spite thread.

thumb up

ares834

laughing out loud

My undertanding was Galactus derived his powers from the Power Cosmic rather than from Red Forman. Glad to see he is stepping up in the Multiverse. stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up

Yes, I get it, you're mad that Galactus is actual much less powerful than the imaginary version you jerk of to but get over it.

Mindset
They all headbutt him and kill themselves.

Eternal Idol
Yes, I get it, you're mad that Galactus is actual much less powerful than the imaginary version you jerk of to but get over it.

Yep. You got me. I'm just seething with rage. Not sure if it shows through text, but I'm typing furiously at this very moment.

Think I'll go have a wank to calm my nerves.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Have fun:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Jzhg2O9xEUo/TEnZXeOiXqI/AAAAAAAAAL8/hvLllsLHT9k/s1600/silver-surfer-movie-galactus.jpg

Eternal Idol
http://hondaswap.com/attachments/9594d1229174417-skeet.gif

Black bolt z
Has the last comic even come out yet?

Utrigita
Lets wait for the conclusion in The Mighty Thor #6 before making any speculation. After that we can begin to discuss whether we think every single member of the Council is equal to Odin etc.

Stoic
I'm going to go with it depending on how powerful Galactus is during this battle.

Average Galactus is murdered.

Galactus from the Secret Wars after devouring all that he did, would be very hard to beat.

Power Cosmic II
eh.

As of right now, we know that Odin is capable of KO'ing himself against a Galactus that passively stands there.

vince_slice
I noticed Galactus was really passive in his fight with Odin, all he did was defend himself against the TP, and then stand there and let Odin head-butt him. He didn't seem aggressive at all.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
eh.

As of right now, we know that Odin is capable of KO'ing himself against a Galactus that passively stands there. ALl we know is that Galactus was be pushed hard by Odin alone in a TP battle and that instead od being Koed Odin eneter the destoryer, We will find out what happens next issue. Know If Galactus had trouble fighting 1 skyfather and having 1 herald knocked him in the head. He would get his butt whooped hard IF Zeus alone beats on his dome.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Mindset
They all headbutt him and kill themselves.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by vince_slice
I noticed Galactus was really passive in his fight with Odin, all he did was defend himself against the TP, and then stand there and let Odin head-butt him. He didn't seem aggressive at all. With the TP battle it appeared that both sides were trying to trick each other into thinking that what every world/time they were in was real. Galactus sense somethign was wrong for but it wasn't clicking with him for whatever reason. As for Odin, Galactus's brought up alot of old/bad memories for Odin. No secret there Odin has alot of skeletons in the closet then Galactus and galactus used that to his advantage.

Spider Boy94
if Galactus is at maximum power, the skyfather are death... immediatly
3 skyfather had attacked 1 celestian, and they didn't anything
Galactus is much powerful...
Galactus maximum power > Eternity and < Living Tribunal
Galactus sated < Eternity and much > Celestials

TheLordofMurder
Please note that Galactus could pull out the Ultimate Nullifier at any time and nuke every Skyfather in existence into Oblivion in a single shot...

Galactus owns The Council of Skyfathers 10/10 without effort if he truly wants to win...and there isnt a dam thing they can do to stop it!

Happy Dance

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by DarkOdin
ALl we know is that Galactus was be pushed hard by Odin alone in a TP battle and that instead od being Koed Odin eneter the destoryer, We will find out what happens next issue. Know If Galactus had trouble fighting 1 skyfather and having 1 herald knocked him in the head. He would get his butt whooped hard IF Zeus alone beats on his dome.

No. As of right now, we know that Loki's theft of the seed alerted the armor and it reacted. Odin was still mumbling gibberish when the destroyer reacted so I know it's not him animating it before he passes out. And it anyway, does it make a difference? Odin had to run and fetch an upgrade after his "best planned" attack failed.

Yes like a Mikaboshi-enhanced Zeus failed to KO a weak Galactus?

Yes, I like how you have to assume Galactus will stand there passively like fraction brilliantly depicted it so that the Skyfathers have a chance to KO themselves after Galactus tanks their best physical hits by standing still as a statue while they rush in with all their godly might.

zopzop
No. As of right now, we know that Loki's theft of the seed alerted the armor and it reacted. Odin was still mumbling gibberish when the destroyer reacted so I know it's not him animating it before he passes out. And it anyway, does it make a difference? Odin had to run and fetch an upgrade after his "best planned" attack failed.

Odin did fine his fight vs Galactus. He held his own for a while and then when he saw that neither side was getting anywhere, he broke off and tried something else. The Destroyer Armor is Odin's, he created it. Like he created Mjolnir, the Odinsword, Gungnir, etc... It's his personal item.

And that was only ONE skyfather. Add in Zeus or more and you have a dead Galactus, no Destroyer Armor needed.

And concerning Loki animating the Destroyer Armor, how do you explain the fact that whoever is inside that Armor called Mjolnir from Thor's hand and to himself? How would Loki accomplish that?

DarkOdin

Yes like a Mikaboshi-enhanced Zeus failed to KO a weak Galactus?

Yes, I like how you have to assume Galactus will stand there passively like fraction brilliantly depicted it so that the Skyfathers have a chance to KO themselves after Galactus tanks their best physical hits by standing still as a statue while they rush in with all their godly might. We see next issue if you eat your words or not. Herald's alone sometimes give Galactus problems. Odin alone has proven to have feats that rival Galactus. YA amped Zeus failed to KO Galactus however with one botl of lighting put Galactus to his knees and punch it was clear Galactus couldn't do jack to him.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Spider Boy94
Galactus sated < Eternity and much > Celestials lol this is 100% wrong

Colossus-Big C
lol at an amped zeus failing to ko galactus, he brought big g to his knees with a single attack after no selling galactus attacks, and the fight ended .

Kasper Gutman
I read The Destroyer's face lighting up as Odin just starting to enter the armor. The next few panels show Odin lying down and mumbling then Thor stating his father entered into Odinsleep. Looks to me that Odin was just part of the way into The Destroyer and it just wasn't instantaneous. Plus he has Mjolnir in his hand next issue and we know its not Thor in the armor.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Spider Boy94
Galactus sated < Eternity and much > Celestials Eternity stated a full power Galactus is 'ALMOST' as powerful.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
lol at an amped zeus failing to ko galactus, he brought big g to his knees with a single attack after no selling galactus attacks, and the fight ended . that was a hungry galactus and a very very amped zeus.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by zopzop
Odin did fine his fight vs Galactus. He held his own for a while and then when he saw that neither side was getting anywhere, he broke off and tried something else. The Destroyer Armor is Odin's, he created it. Like he created Mjolnir, the Odinsword, Gungnir, etc... It's his personal item.

And that was only ONE skyfather. Add in Zeus or more and you have a dead Galactus, no Destroyer Armor needed.

And concerning Loki animating the Destroyer Armor, how do you explain the fact that whoever is inside that Armor called Mjolnir from Thor's hand and to himself? How would Loki accomplish that?

Odin did fine up to the headbutt. He tried his best in a high risk maneuver, and failed. The fight was over and Galactus rose. The only offense Galactus did was to counter Odin's TP. That's it. The ENTIRE fight. You can't possibly argue that this contest is an accurate gauge of where they are when Fraction writes Galactus as not even reacting to Odin, literally. He literally stands there and takes Odin's best shot. Next few panels, Odin is out, and Galactus is up. It's like an extreme version of Galactus ignoring an enemy because they're beneath his notice in the sense that he doesn't react to them at all. It's poor writing and it actually makes Odin look quite bad.

If he took out Galactus while G erected shields,
or if he took out Galactus while G braced for the impact,
or if he took out Galactus while G tried to blast him away,
or if he took out Galactus while G attempted to out-maneuver him, hell even if he took out Galactus while G was trying to run away...I mean ANY reaction where you could say Galactus tried to do something but Odin's headbutt still connected, then we're talking.

But in a forum battle, Galactus doesn't stand there and wait for the best attack of his enemy, like Fraction likes to write. Galactus won't stand there without erecting any shields or preparing any defense in the bum rush. Galactus won't stand there and not react. Galactus will use actual offense or defense (wow, a novel thought), and not stand there with his pants down and wait for the attempted rape.

Really, you just sanctioned the Destroyer Armor because Odin created it and its his personal item? Then I'm glad you also said this. here, i'll re-past it for you.

The Ultimate Nullifier is Galactus', he created it. Like he created Taa II, etc... It's his personal item.

And I never said Loki was animating it. I said it reacted to loki.

We see next issue if you eat your words or not. Herald's alone sometimes give Galactus problems. Odin alone has proven to have feats that rival Galactus. YA amped Zeus failed to KO Galactus however with one botl of lighting put Galactus to his knees and punch it was clear Galactus couldn't do jack to him.

Yeah, Odin alone, and that's it. none of the other skyfathers have feats that even approach Odin's so why mention feats vis a vis what Galactus has done?

Oh shadeOdin. Do you even read what you type sometimes? tell me who in the entirety of Chaos War could do something to Mikaboshi? Any one? And no...you can't say Gaea-empowered hercules. That's like you putting down a weak/injured Thor because he couldn't do jack to a power-gem enabled thanos.

Originally posted by Damborgson
that was a hungry galactus and a very very amped zeus.

I'm shocked that you have an apparent affinity for Thor yet are able to use some clear context in this thread.

Damborgson

I'm shocked that you have an apparent affinity for Thor yet are able to use some clear context in this thread. meh. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkwjibwYQX1qbn6jwo1_500.jpg

zopzop
Odin did fine up to the headbutt. He tried his best in a high risk maneuver, and failed. The fight was over and Galactus rose. The only offense Galactus did was to counter Odin's TP. That's it. The ENTIRE fight. You can't possibly argue that this contest is an accurate gauge of where they are when Fraction writes Galactus as not even reacting to Odin, literally. He literally stands there and takes Odin's best shot. Next few panels, Odin is out, and Galactus is up. It's like an extreme version of Galactus ignoring an enemy because they're beneath his notice in the sense that he doesn't react to them at all. It's poor writing and it actually makes Odin look quite bad.

Actually no it doesn't. It makes Odin look like he was Galactus' level more or less (and that's just ONE skyfather). As we see (according to solicits and preview scans) Odin wasn't KOed either and entered the Destroyer because he got sick of the stalemate.

Also, I want a scan saying that Galactus created the UN.

leonidas
odin headbutts g, who is stunned senseless and thinking "...". then before he gets his sh!t together, the others kill him.

Utrigita
Originally posted by leonidas
odin headbutts g, who is stunned senseless and thinking "...". then before he gets his sh!t together, the others kill him.

Nah they will all form a nice line and then begin to headbutt Galactus in a nice row.

DarkOdin

If he took out Galactus while G erected shields,
or if he took out Galactus while G braced for the impact,
or if he took out Galactus while G tried to blast him away,
or if he took out Galactus while G attempted to out-maneuver him, hell even if he took out Galactus while G was trying to run away...I mean ANY reaction where you could say Galactus tried to do something but Odin's headbutt still connected, then we're talking.

But in a forum battle, Galactus doesn't stand there and wait for the best attack of his enemy, like Fraction likes to write. Galactus won't stand there without erecting any shields or preparing any defense in the bum rush. Galactus won't stand there and not react. Galactus will use actual offense or defense (wow, a novel thought), and not stand there with his pants down and wait for the attempted rape.

Really, you just sanctioned the Destroyer Armor because Odin created it and its his personal item? Then I'm glad you also said this. here, i'll re-past it for you.

And I never said Loki was animating it. I said it reacted to loki.

Yeah, Odin alone, and that's it. none of the other skyfathers have feats that even approach Odin's so why mention feats vis a vis what Galactus has done?

Oh shadeOdin. Do you even read what you type sometimes? tell me who in the entirety of Chaos War could do something to Mikaboshi? Any one? And no...you can't say Gaea-empowered hercules. That's like you putting down a weak/injured Thor because he couldn't do jack to a power-gem enabled thanos.

I'm shocked that you have an apparent affinity for Thor yet are able to use some clear context in this thread. LOL I seemed to recall Zeus being able to hand Thor his butt abd hulk with ease. Now if Zeus can pawn Thor I guess one might guess that he would do a great deal more damage then when Thor knock Galactus in the head.
i like how you bring up Chaos king power level which was only acheived by absorbing the other Gods and there realms. SO if Chaos king absorbed them to power up. It is a no brainer once again that all the skyfathers who are the must powerful on each realm would beat the living hell out of Galactus.. Good god this thread is nothing more then spite..... and only a fanboy would deny it

Power Cosmic II
Actually no it doesn't. It makes Odin look like he was Galactus' level more or less (and that's just ONE skyfather). As we see (according to solicits and preview scans) Odin wasn't KOed either and entered the Destroyer because he got sick of the stalemate.

ACTUALLY, Odin is Galactus' level more or less in Telepathy. Let's just set aside for a moment that Odin was getting exasperated at maintaining the TP battle (what does that imply? Let the readers come to their own conclusions) and admitted that Galactus has "forced his hand" and compelled him to "finish the job" that Thor started. Literally. So whereas Thor rammed into Galactus, Odin does the same. And it works. Temporarily. On a Galactus that stands there and does nothing. And Odin knocks himself out.

Now tell me, does Odin animate the destroyer because he's switching tactics (again) because his previous tactic didn't work (again), or is he animating the destroyer because he's incapable of carrying on the fight on his own two feet? either answer is quite telling. So no...I don't see how you can say that, aside from the TP, Odin came out looking good. And...you don't get sick of a stalemate unless you feel like you can't (at the bare minimum) maintain the stalemate. The ONLY instance where we saw Odin get tired of the stalemate was the TP battle. He didn't/couldn't maintain the TP stalemate any longer and put in his force into a kill shot. THAT is where Odin gets sick of the stalemate, and not a second later. His kill shot backfired on him miserably and he runs to the destroyer next issue. Odin lost the first round. That's an incontrovertible fact. There was no stalemate (aside from the TP), it was Odin giving his all and then being forced to animate the destroyer in the upcoming issue as a ramification of the results of giving it his all. Don't act like he tried TP, it didn't work, he tried physical, it didn't work, and then now he tries the destroyer. NO. He tried TP, he had to break the stalemate. He tried physical, and it back fired on him and affected him worse than it affected Galactus. There was no stalemate after the TP. NONE.

It's an intrinsic aspect of him, which he keeps aboard his ship and which he is able to recall to his person at will. Whether he literally created it, split it from his own essence, constituted it from his energies, or just simply shat it out one day after dinner changes absolutely nothing from the fact that you're presenting the destroyer as some available option in this contest since it's in Odin's store of weapons. Since you propose this then you must also whole heartily agree that the Ultimate Nullifier is a personal weapon of Galactus' and is a viable option. I'm glad we agree.

LOL I seemed to recall Zeus being able to hand Thor his butt abd hulk with ease. Now if Zeus can pawn Thor I guess one might guess that he would do a great deal more damage then when Thor knock Galactus in the head.
i like how you bring up Chaos king power level which was only acheived by absorbing the other Gods and there realms. SO if Chaos king absorbed them to power up. It is a no brainer once again that all the skyfathers who are the must powerful on each realm would beat the living hell out of Galactus.. Good god this thread is nothing more then spite..... and only a fanboy would deny it

Dude you are incredibly inept at using logic, it's scary. Galactus handed red hulk his butt, who in turn handled thor and hulk with ease. I mean these a<b<c comparisons are pointless. Yes since Galactus will be engaged with 11 sky fathers in TP battle which will allow Zeus to rush in and knock galactuzz in the head wow I'm so excited for you that you dreamt of this whole scenario and knew we'd all understand that that is exactly how it would play out in a forum battle!!1!!111

And I'm quite sympathetic for you that you like to point out that chaos king absorbed other pantheons to power up but fail to indicate the countless gods he absorbed into himself. Yep...preeeettty sure it was more than 12 in the entire story. But don't take my word for it. Go on and think that 12 sky fathers have equivalent power to Chaos King. That's why the council of godheads was hiding in a corner while Chaos King became the equal of Eternity. Yup.

zopzop
ACTUALLY, Odin is Galactus' level more or less in Telepathy. Let's just set aside for a moment that Odin was getting exasperated at maintaining the TP battle (what does that imply? Let the readers come to their own conclusions) and admitted that Galactus has "forced his hand" and compelled him to "finish the job" that Thor started. Literally. So whereas Thor rammed into Galactus, Odin does the same. And it works. Temporarily. On a Galactus that stands there and does nothing. And Odin knocks himself out.

Now tell me, does Odin animate the destroyer because he's switching tactics (again) because his previous tactic didn't work (again), or is he animating the destroyer because he's incapable of carrying on the fight on his own two feet? either answer is quite telling. So no...I don't see how you can say that, aside from the TP, Odin came out looking good. And...you don't get sick of a stalemate unless you feel like you can't (at the bare minimum) maintain the stalemate. The ONLY instance where we saw Odin get tired of the stalemate was the TP battle. He didn't/couldn't maintain the TP stalemate any longer and put in his force into a kill shot. THAT is where Odin gets sick of the stalemate, and not a second later. His kill shot backfired on him miserably and he runs to the destroyer next issue. Odin lost the first round. That's an incontrovertible fact. There was no stalemate (aside from the TP), it was Odin giving his all and then being forced to animate the destroyer in the upcoming issue as a ramification of the results of giving it his all. Don't act like he tried TP, it didn't work, he tried physical, it didn't work, and then now he tries the destroyer. NO. He tried TP, he had to break the stalemate. He tried physical, and it back fired on him and affected him worse than it affected Galactus. There was no stalemate after the TP. NONE.

Neither side was winning the TP battle. Both were KOed after Odin charged at Galactus. Galactus chose to reform but as we can see from the preview scans and solicits, Odin chose to enter the Destroyer Armor instead of reform and continue fighting Galactus.. Galactus, if he really is more powerful than Odin, is just barely so. He's not leagues above him. If Odin charged Galactus like that again, then Zeus or Vishnu or some other Skyfather would be right there fresh and ready for battle and annihilate the hurt Galactus.

It's an intrinsic part of him? Then how did Reed threaten to use it against him, why was he begging Toady/Morg to give it to him?

Eternal Idol
It's an intrinsic part of him? Then how did Reed threaten to use it against him, why was he begging Toady/Morg to give it to him?

Writers to that for dramatic effect, or because they were too lazy to do their research. Just like Bendis seems to have forgotten that CAPTAIN ULTRA HAS GOTTEN OVER HIS GODDAMNED FEAR OF FIRE YEARS AGO!!!!!!!

mad2

quanchi112
I need to see the conclusion but my gut tells me at this point in time that a team of skyfathers would wipe Galactus off the map.

Newjak
I'm not gonna sit here and try and argue that Odin won that exchange, but that wasn't the big point of the fight.

Everyone knew going in Galactus > Odin. What the fight was gonna show was how big of a margin it was. From the fight itself it wasn't a vast one.

Odin was able to cause Galactus to strain in a TP battle, and was able to stun him and hurt him.

That's very telling.

Like I said everyone knew Galactus > Odin but this fight showed that it wasn't that large and in fact seemed pretty even. Just that Galactus has more in the tank. Even then the fight doesn't look to be over.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Newjak
I'm not gonna sit here and try and argue that Odin won that exchange, but that wasn't the big point of the fight.

Everyone knew going in Galactus > Odin. What the fight was gonna show was how big of a margin it was. From the fight itself it wasn't a vast one.

Odin was able to cause Galactus to strain in a TP battle, and was able to stun him and hurt him.

That's very telling.

Like I said everyone knew Galactus > Odin but this fight showed that it wasn't that large and in fact seemed pretty even. Just that Galactus has more in the tank. Even then the fight doesn't look to be over.

If that was the point of the fight, then this is yet another thing Marvel needs to clarify. Galactus is supposed to be above Celestials in power, as shown in the Thanos Imperative arc, yet he struggles with Odin, whom the Celestials have completely tooled in spite of the Destroyer armor?

I'd really like Marvel be more consistent.

Damborgson
If that was the point of the fight, then this is yet another thing Marvel needs to clarify. Galactus is supposed to be above Celestials in power, as shown in the Thanos Imperative arc, yet he struggles with Odin, whom the Celestials have completely tooled in spite of the Destroyer armor?

I'd really like Marvel be more consistent. do u have scans where it says that big g is more powerful than the celestials? not arguing against it just want to know where it says it.

zopzop
do u have scans where it says that big g is more powerful than the celestials? not arguing against it just want to know where it says it.

I think he just means Galactus' showing vs the Galactus Engine from the Cancerverse during the Thanos Imperative. A group of Cosmics were fighting it including : Aegis, Teneberous, Galactus, and a couple of Celestials. During that fight, Aegis died and it looks like the rest of the Cosmics fled or got bored with fighting the Engine leaving Galactus to fight off the thing by himself.

To my knowledge it doesn't say anywhere on panel that Galactus > a Celestial.

Damborgson
I think he just means Galactus' showing vs the Galactus Engine from the Cancerverse during the Thanos Imperative. A group of Cosmics were fighting it including : Aegis, Teneberous, Galactus, and a couple of Celestials. During that fight, Aegis died and it looks like the rest of the Cosmics fled or got bored with fighting the Engine leaving Galactus to fight off the thing by himself.

To my knowledge it doesn't say anywhere on panel that Galactus > a Celestial. alright thanks. thumb up

zopzop
alright thanks. thumb up

These are the beings gathered to fight off the Engine :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47254/1662472-ti_09_10_super.jpg

This is the end result :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/91051/1762564-thanos_06_007_008.jpg

I wonder what did happen to the rest of the Cosmics though.

Damborgson
It has no mention that they were defeated or something? Not cool. >_< Idk even what to assume...I cant see them all just having been beaten and galactus being the last one standing.

Eternal Idol
It has no mention that they were defeated or something? Not cool. >_< Idk even what to assume...I cant see them all just having been beaten and galactus being the last one standing.

Considering it was a universe-threatening invasion, it could only really be assumed that they were either killed or fled because they were scared shitless.

OneDumbG0

That's very telling.

Like I said everyone knew Galactus > Odin but this fight showed that it wasn't that large and in fact seemed pretty even. Just that Galactus has more in the tank. Even then the fight doesn't look to be over. I think that most people going in would think that Galactus who wasn't going all-out would appear superior to an Odin who didn't completely go all-out. Which is a common ploy by writers to keep readers who are on both sides complacent. Illustrative example? The current Surfer/Thor fight.

Galactus who wasn't going all-out was superior to a prepped Odin going all-out. Hard to argue against that.

Let's just say that if you had a bunch of Galactus' standing around and an Odin in Destroyer armor borrowing strength from other Skyfathers, a result happening that is largely akin to that from Thor #300 shouldn't be all that surprising to you.

TheLordofMurder

I'd really like Marvel be more consistent.

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Considering it was a universe-threatening invasion, it could only really be assumed that they were either killed or fled because they were scared shitless.

thumb up

The implication was pretty clear to me as well; Galactus was beyond all the other cosmics who battled the Galactus Engine...

Cogito

I'm not 100% sold on the idea that G was the only one left standing. Sure, he was the only one shown on panel, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Surfer only mentioned him, but that's easily explained by Surfer's connection.

Dunno, if anyone can provide decent evidence proving Galactus was the only one left there I'd be interested to hear it.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Cogito
I'm not 100% sold on the idea that G was the only one left standing. Sure, he was the only one shown on panel, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Surfer only mentioned him, but that's easily explained by Surfer's connection.

Dunno, if anyone can provide decent evidence proving Galactus was the only one left there I'd be interested to hear it.

Galactus is the only other Cosmic everyone else mentioned. Surfer suggested it was all up to Galactus, Karnak advised Gladiator to send Shi'ar and Kree fleets to back up Galactus, and Medusa offered to send the Nova Corps to aid Galactus.

No sign or mention of any Celestials or Tenebrous anywhere, so I think it's pretty clear Galactus was the last man standing.

Cogito
^ Easily explained by those characters thinking Galactus was leading the other cosmics or Galactus being the only one whose name they knew

Eternal Idol
^ Easily explained by those characters thinking Galactus was leading the other cosmics or Galactus being the only one whose name they knew
Surfer definitely knows who Tenebrous is. And while they might not know them by name, all of those characters know what a Celestial is. They referred to the the entire group facing the Galactus Engine as High Abstracts early on in the fight, and yet only mention Galactus near the end. Even when the Galactus Engine is destroyed, only Galactus is seen.

Cogito
Surfer definitely knows who Tenebrous is. And while they might not know them by name, all of those characters know what a Celestial is. They referred to the the entire group facing the Galactus Engine as High Abstracts early on in the fight, and yet only mention Galactus near the end. Even when the Galactus Engine is destroyed, only Galactus is seen.

Meh. They kept calling them abstracts. I think that's proof that either the characters don't know, or the writer doesn't know.

Eternal Idol
Meh. They kept calling them abstracts. I think that's proof that either the characters don't know, or the writer doesn't know.

Well they certainly weren't going to give them a team name, now were they? More than likely laziness or ignorance on the writer's part.

Utrigita

I personally think it's rather telling, in the beginning all the Abstracts stand together facing the Galactus engine, later (as also mentioned) no other Abstracts is seen. However to be fair there was a mention of other beings emerging behind the Galactus Engine so it's likely that the Celestials broke off the engagement to focus on the other beings and Surfers comment would then relate to no other Abstracts being able to fight the Galactus engine at that point of time. It can be viewed in both ways imo. However what can't really be discussed is how Galactus is perceived in regards to the Celestials (at least by that writer) so it's a very muddy image atm.

Cogito
Originally posted by Utrigita
I personally think it's rather telling, in the beginning all the Abstracts stand together facing the Galactus engine, later (as also mentioned) no other Abstracts is seen. However to be fair there was a mention of other beings emerging behind the Galactus Engine so it's likely that the Celestials broke off the engagement to focus on the other beings and Surfers comment would then relate to no other Abstracts being able to fight the Galactus engine at that point of time. It can be viewed in both ways imo. However what can't really be discussed is how Galactus is perceived in regards to the Celestials (at least by that writer) so it's a very muddy image atm.

Don't get me wrong, I think Galactus was the last man standing. I just wouldn't be surprised if that assumption was wrong.

Utrigita
Don't get me wrong, I think Galactus was the last man standing. I just wouldn't be surprised if that assumption was wrong.

Fair enough smile

I was just mentioning another scenario, that based on what we have been told about the confrontation imo also is likely.

Gecko4lif
ZUES WAS NOT AMPED VS GALACTUS BECAUSE THAT WASNT ZUES

It was mikaboshi in a skin suit.

cdtm
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/chaos-war-from-the-field-4-101112.html

Utrigita
Pak was such a idiotic writer I mean honestly he says

And yet Galactus basically did nothing through the rest of the act. He was down, atleast from a Galactus reader like myself, for the rest of the act. Galactus was there only to validate the Chaos King as a cosmic threat, one would think that Eternity would be enough but nooo....

Damborgson
That's the end of that lol...

Power Cosmic II

Neither side was winning the TP battle. Both were KOed after Odin charged at Galactus. Galactus chose to reform but as we can see from the preview scans and solicits, Odin chose to enter the Destroyer Armor instead of reform and continue fighting Galactus..

Both sustained heavy damage after Odin rushed him and G prepped neither shielding nor defenses. Galactus reformed (how else does Galactus fight? Aside from a pure energy being vs. thanos w/IG, his physical form is the default form he uses to fight...so it's pretty much a given that, if the fight were to continue, he would reform) and Odin pretty much was depicted as having not even the strength to put solid breath behind his words while speaking to Thor and prior to passing out. Odin could "choose" to enter the destoryer armor but no matter how you sugar coat it, the fact remains that Odin by himself is not enough to hang with a Galactus that doesn't fight back physically. That's literally and factually what happened on panel. He had to resort to the armor for round 3. Round 1 was the TP stalemate. Round 2 was the physical attack on Galactus who stood still, and Galactus was the last man standing. Round 3 is Odin in the destroyer with an enlarged mjolnir. I don't think you realize it's so much that Odin "chose" to enter the destroyer vs. Odin being forced to enter the destroyer given how the battle was going. Odin was the aggressor in every round. He failed at gaining the upper hand at TP, so he broke off the tactic that he himself initiated, and connected on a phyiscal kill shot. That failed. Now he goes in the destroyer with mjolnir. He's the agressor every time and every time it doesn't work...it's not like Odin has the luxury of picking his tactics...he's trying to figure out how to overpower G and so far everything he's tried isn't working.

Again, this is a forum battle, not a comic. Fraction uncharacteristically portrayed Galactus as standing still to tank his opponent's best hit. In this battle he WILL NOT stand still and let Odin execute his kill shot like Fraction wrote. He WILL NOT stand still and prepare no defenses (like he used prep to tank PR Beyonder's blast...like he used shielding to protect himself from the avengers when near starvation...like he used shielding to protect himself against Tenebrous...like he DID NOT use shielding when Thanos caught him off guard) and he WILL NOT refrain for using any offensive capabilities. I mean, you and the other odin fan are portraying this fight to be in the following stipulations:

1. That Galactus stands still
2. That Galactus prepares no defense
3. That Galactus will not retailiate

Those are the conditions you and he are imagining when you respond to me that "oh if Odin could do this by himself, than the others will kill him." NO. Those aren't the stipulations that the OP stated. He is not standing still. He is not without shielding. There is certainly no stip that says Galactus can't fight back.

The intrinsic aspect was brought up in 2003. The whole Tyrant situation happened in the mid 90's. Reed threatened him in 1968. It's a retcon. You want to complain that Marvel doesn't reprint those issues to change the story? Be my guest. I'd love to see it too. But his inability/unwillingness to call it to himself has been retconned and superseded by the fact AND feat that it is an intrinsic aspect of him and he can recall it to his person at will. You would have a case if 616 Galactus and the 616 UN were shown one more time together and someone else was threatening to use it against him and he couldn't do anything..but seeing as we have no other instance since the abraxas arc, and the abraxas arc is the last, canon, Marvel-editorial-mandated-fact on the matter, the issue is moot.

That's very telling.

The fight is only half the battle, both in a literal sense and what we can take away as where they are relative to each other:

The only things we can take away from it with confidence are that Odin is powerful enough physically to temporarily KO an unshielded Galactus. Also, his TP is great enough to contend with G's TP. We also know that G has the durability to survive that attack-without shielding-and reforms himself after a brief period. We know that Odin survives the attack but sustains significant damage from it, enough to warrant use of the Destroyer. That's it.

We do NOT know, how they would fair if roles were reversed. Say, for example, that Odin stood perfectly still, with no shields, and G bum rushed him. If Galactus survived the headbutt unscathed and Odin fell to earth unconscious, would you then say that it's a clear indicator of where the 2 are?

**You wouldn't, because you would argue that Odin did nothing but stand there and accept the attack. Much like I am arguing now.**

From a pure discussion stand-point...we could reason that there were other entities fighting on behalf of the MU against the Galactus Engine...but to be frank I think it's clear that DnA intended to convey the sense that the cancerverse was so overwhelming, that Galactus was literally the last big gun left for the MU at the Fault. Right now we have Medusa stating that the abstracts were in retreat, and that other entities larger and > Galactus engine were waiting to come through. Basically conveying a sense of imminent threat and being totally overmatched. The next issue SS states that G is the only one left. Now I would say that we have to take his statement as fact since DnA already took the pains to qualify SS as the reader's de facto conduit for understanding what's going on, since SS basically belittled Quasar's cosmic awareness by explaining to Nova what was really happening re: the battle between the Celestials, the Proemial Gods, and Galactus vs. the Galactus Engine in issue #2.

Also, though I have no way to prove it, I met DnA at the NY Comic-Con last year (which took place after issue 5 but before issue 6) and ask them to spoil some of issue 6 pertaining to Galactus. All they told me at the time was that Galactus is the last one left to fight the Galactus Engine..so there you go, writers' intent.

Power Cosmic II
Pak was such a idiotic writer I mean honestly he says

And yet Galactus basically did nothing through the rest of the act. He was down, atleast from a Galactus reader like myself, for the rest of the act. Galactus was there only to validate the Chaos King as a cosmic threat, one would think that Eternity would be enough but nooo....

He didn't do anything physically (seems to be a trend against opponents now *cough cough*) for the rest of the story but his scientific knowledge and tech allowed for the chaos king to be imprisoned in Hera's isolated pocket dimension.

He was basically draining himself to feed the portal so that he could sustain it long enough to evacuate the earth (his original plan) against a being who had already absorbed "98% of the multiverse." In other words he was using his power to open the portal and keep it open vs. chaos king's power. Of course, he received help from hercules, who was punching chaos king in the teeth, but the feat is still there. Not that anyone besides you or I and a few others would care for it.

zopzop
Both sustained heavy damage after Odin rushed him and G prepped neither shielding nor defenses. Galactus reformed (how else does Galactus fight? Aside from a pure energy being vs. thanos w/IG, his physical form is the default form he uses to fight...so it's pretty much a given that, if the fight were to continue, he would reform) and Odin pretty much was depicted as having not even the strength to put solid breath behind his words while speaking to Thor and prior to passing out. Odin could "choose" to enter the destoryer armor but no matter how you sugar coat it, the fact remains that Odin by himself is not enough to hang with a Galactus that doesn't fight back physically. That's literally and factually what happened on panel. He had to resort to the armor for round 3. Round 1 was the TP stalemate. Round 2 was the physical attack on Galactus who stood still, and Galactus was the last man standing. Round 3 is Odin in the destroyer with an enlarged mjolnir. I don't think you realize it's so much that Odin "chose" to enter the destroyer vs. Odin being forced to enter the destroyer given how the battle was going. Odin was the aggressor in every round. He failed at gaining the upper hand at TP, so he broke off the tactic that he himself initiated, and connected on a phyiscal kill shot. That failed. Now he goes in the destroyer with mjolnir. He's the agressor every time and every time it doesn't work...it's not like Odin has the luxury of picking his tactics...he's trying to figure out how to overpower G and so far everything he's tried isn't working.

Well we know for sure neither side was getting anywhere in that fight till Odin broke off and upped the ante by entering the Destroyer. If Galactus was so much more powerful than Odin, he'd have done that before the fight started. But apparently Odin doesn't think much of Galactus or his power.

Exactly and Odin would have amped off the life forces of the Asgardians AND the land of Asgard AND called his Septre or Gungnir or the Odinsword, then confronted Galactus (like he did vs a real threat : the Celestials). But that didn't happen either and you don't hear Odin fans crying about it.

Wasn't that incident itself technically erased, when Reed (not Galactus by the way) reset the universe/multiverse? So what's the point?

the ninjak
I reckon the Skyfathers win this.

the Darkone
Galactus wins this, push comes to shove Galactus absorbs Taa II energy and shows the Sky Fathers what true power is, and annihilate the Sky Fathers.

carver9
Skyfather easily.

leonidas
Originally posted by carver9
Skyfather easily.

the Darkone
Originally posted by carver9
Skyfather easily, get f**ked.

fixed for you, smile !

DarkOdin
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

The implication was pretty clear to me as well; Galactus was beyond all the other cosmics who battled the Galactus Engine... True however they were no name celestrial fighting and we all know Celestrial as a race are different power levels. We seen what the fourth host could do and we have seen what the reeves coudl do to a bunch of no name celestrials

DarkOdin

It's an intrinsic aspect of him, which he keeps aboard his ship and which he is able to recall to his person at will. Whether he literally created it, split it from his own essence, constituted it from his energies, or just simply shat it out one day after dinner changes absolutely nothing from the fact that you're presenting the destroyer as some available option in this contest since it's in Odin's store of weapons. Since you propose this then you must also whole heartily agree that the Ultimate Nullifier is a personal weapon of Galactus' and is a viable option. I'm glad we agree.

Dude you are incredibly inept at using logic, it's scary. Galactus handed red hulk his butt, who in turn handled thor and hulk with ease. I mean these a<b<c comparisons are pointless. Yes since Galactus will be engaged with 11 sky fathers in TP battle which will allow Zeus to rush in and knock galactuzz in the head wow I'm so excited for you that you dreamt of this whole scenario and knew we'd all understand that that is exactly how it would play out in a forum battle!!1!!111

And I'm quite sympathetic for you that you like to point out that chaos king absorbed other pantheons to power up but fail to indicate the countless gods he absorbed into himself. Yep...preeeettty sure it was more than 12 in the entire story. But don't take my word for it. Go on and think that 12 sky fathers have equivalent power to Chaos King. That's why the council of godheads was hiding in a corner while Chaos King became the equal of Eternity. Yup. It was stated that each God head wanted top protect there own realm It is called plot is would suck If all the godhead stopped Chaos king before he can gain power the same for Odin and his brother If Zeus and Odin double team the serpent before he gain pwoer it would suck it is just plot. Heck we have seen Seth rock the muitlverse against Odin and Seth is not even the skyfathe of the egyptains Ra is and each godhead from what has seen from Odin and Zeus is the must powerful of the group. It is no shame to go down to a group of skyfathers you just have blinders on b/c of Galactus and further Galactus using the UN as a weapon is far differnt then Odin using the destoryer armor. The UN is dangerours to the whole universe which is why Galactus doesn't go whipping it out at each fight. HAsa Galactus every used the UN in combat b/c Odin has used the destroyer 3 times in battle.

brownqk
Galan

Utrigita
True however they were no name celestrial fighting and we all know Celestrial as a race are different power levels. We seen what the fourth host could do and we have seen what the reeves coudl do to a bunch of no name celestrials

We also know that Kubik, a being capable of warping a universe into the size of a ball, was in his own words powerless against a no name Celestial. However I don't quite see where you are going with the no name Celestials, are we to assume that the Celestials facing a threat that could destroy their universe isn't going to send a fairly powerful force? It would seem strange if that was the case, also recall what the Celestials sent to watch the anomoly, those was the most powerful of the hosts according to the watchers yet they were all no name...

Also iirc atleast one of the Celestials can be taken and looked at as Arishem and he is by no means a push over (unless your Tiamut).

Igniz
It was stated that each God head wanted top protect there own realm It is called plot is would suck If all the godhead stopped Chaos king before he can gain power the same for Odin and his brother If Zeus and Odin double team the serpent before he gain pwoer it would suck it is just plot.

Are you using the scene were Herc was carrying Zeus who he just pawned?And were Zeus stated to Herc that he would need every Godheads to crush the Chaos King and his Hordes?Well that was all a ruse so Herc would reveal the throne room of the council elite to the Chaos King.And even if all of the Council Elite members did decide to fight the Chaos King, they would fall like cosmic leaves the way the Gods of Zenn-la did.And the Gods of Zenn-la were fighting CK in his Amatsu-Mikaboshi form that time.As for Odin telling Zeus not to interfere, this can be taken as remembering the oath in the Council Elite not to attack each others Pantheons.And the Serpent is still part of the Asgardian Pantheon after all.So this can be taken as an internal dispute among Asgardians.That's why Zeus must not interfere.

Heck we have seen Seth rock the muitlverse against Odin and Seth is not even the skyfathe of the egyptains Ra is and each godhead from what has seen from Odin and Zeus is the must powerful of the group.

Atum was the original heliopolitan skyfather until he decided to go to the sun and pass the skyfather role to Osiris.And Seth overthrew Osiris and his family therefore installing himself as leader of the Egyptian Gods.

It is no shame to go down to a group of skyfathers you just have blinders on b/c of Galactus and further Galactus using the UN as a weapon is far differnt then Odin using the destoryer armor.The UN is dangerours to the whole universe which is why Galactus doesn't go whipping it out at each fight. HAsa Galactus every used the UN in combat b/c Odin has used the destroyer 3 times in battle.

A group of skyfathers ganging up on Galactus is a possible win in favor of the skyfathers as long as big G doesn't use the Ultimate Nullifier.As evidence in the Abraxas saga, the UN was able to pawn a Multiversal Destroyer(Abraxas) by restarting the entire Marvel Universe.Jailing Abraxas inside Eternity.

DarkOdin
We also know that Kubik, a being capable of warping a universe into the size of a ball, was in his own words powerless against a no name Celestial. However I don't quite see where you are going with the no name Celestials, are we to assume that the Celestials facing a threat that could destroy their universe isn't going to send a fairly powerful force? It would seem strange if that was the case, also recall what the Celestials sent to watch the anomoly, those was the most powerful of the hosts according to the watchers yet they were all no name...

Also iirc atleast one of the Celestials can be taken and looked at as Arishem and he is by no means a push over (unless your Tiamut). In the same thought pattern IF the Celestial really thought it was that big much of a threat wouldn't all of them come to fight not just a handfull. We have no way i guessing there power level it ranges from tiamat to the no names that got owned by the reeds

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Igniz
Are you using the scene were Herc was carrying Zeus who he just pawned?And were Zeus stated to Herc that he would need every Godheads to crush the Chaos King and his Hordes?Well that was all a ruse so Herc would reveal the throne room of the council elite to the Chaos King.And even if all of the Council Elite members did decide to fight the Chaos King, they would fall like cosmic leaves the way the Gods of Zenn-la did.And the Gods of Zenn-la were fighting CK in his Amatsu-Mikaboshi form that time.As for Odin telling Zeus not to interfere, this can be taken as remembering the oath in the Council Elite not to attack each others Pantheons.And the Serpent is still part of the Asgardian Pantheon after all.So this can be taken as an internal dispute among Asgardians.That's why Zeus must not interfere.

Atum was the original heliopolitan skyfather until he decided to go to the sun and pass the skyfather role to Osiris.And Seth overthrew Osiris and his family therefore installing himself as leader of the Egyptian Gods.

A group of skyfathers ganging up on Galactus is a possible win in favor of the skyfathers as long as big G doesn't use the Ultimate Nullifier.As evidence in the Abraxas saga, the UN was able to pawn a Multiversal Destroyer(Abraxas) by restarting the entire Marvel Universe.Jailing Abraxas inside Eternity. Was it not Ra sitting at the head for the egyptians during the IG saga????? Not Osiris???? ' i could be wrong been awhile to remember that 1 scene.Also before Chaos king absorbed the alein pantheons Zeus and him went toe 2 toe and both times Chaos King gained the upper hand when so was distracted trying to protect Ares and his son if i remember right. but unless Galactus starts the battle with the UN inhand I doubt he will be able to get since Odin alone can stall him with TP then you have 11 other Skyfathers beating down" on Galactus but either way we will seen next issue how well Galactus fairs against mini Odin destroyer. Which would be a great base since the Destroyer is the combined powers of 3 skyfathers and IF Galactus has trouble with the Odin destroyer in proves the fourth host celestials as being above Galactus ...ok not proves but good evidence to support it,

ozz81
In the recent thor vs galactus siler surfer, does odin defeat galactus after he headbut him ?/What happned to galactus in the end ?/ Sorry to et off subject

zopzop
Originally posted by ozz81
In the recent thor vs galactus siler surfer, does odin defeat galactus after he headbut him ?/What happned to galactus in the end ?/ Sorry to et off subject

Odin KOed them both, but Galactus reformed and Odin went into Odinsleep.

ozz81
Odin KOed them both, but Galactus reformed and Odin went into Odinsleep.

Cool , what does galactus do afterwoods when he reforms, does any one else challenge him afterwoods?? Does thor do something?

zopzop
Originally posted by ozz81
Cool , what does galactus do afterwoods when he reforms, does any one else challenge him afterwoods?? Does thor do something?

Nope. It all comes to a head in the next issue which is released in a few more days.

cdtm
Big G might have been stunned, not KOed.

Characters go crashing to a planets surface after taking major hits all the time without being KOed. And if he was KOed, he recovered VERY quickly.

Utrigita
In the same thought pattern IF the Celestial really thought it was that big much of a threat wouldn't all of them come to fight not just a handfull. We have no way i guessing there power level it ranges from tiamat to the no names that got owned by the reeds

I count atleast 16 (possibly 17) celestials so it's abit more then a handfull and again that is only the part of the line we are shown. Wasn't the council of Reeds fighting Celestials from a alternate universe that they ultimately had to flee from? We actually have a way of determining a the No Name Celestials powerlevel as mentioned before, Kubik was scared of one.

But given your thoughts on the Celestials shall I then assume that you are also applying the same thought pattern to the rest of the council of skyfather?

zopzop
Wasn't the council of Reeds fighting Celestials from a alternate universe that they ultimately had to flee from?

The incredible thing about that issue is, the Rogue Celestials killed not one, but TWO IG users; yet Reed pulled out a chaos gun or something and they ran. sick

TheLordofMurder
The incredible thing about that issue is, the Rogue Celestials killed not one, but TWO IG users; yet Reed pulled out a chaos gun or something and they ran. sick

Reed Richards PIS factor is unbelievably powerful; Reed Richards might be TOAA in disguise...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Reed Richards PIS factor is unbelievably powerful; Reed Richards might be TOAA in disguise...

laughing Good one.

Galan007
The incredible thing about that issue is, the Rogue Celestials killed not one, but TWO IG users; yet Reed pulled out a chaos gun or something and they ran. sick Reed pulled a universal entropy gun out of his closet that was powerful enough to slag a Celestial. It had bark AND bite. wink

guy222
that's weally stupid writing and i hate the ***** richards

stick out tongue

Power Cosmic II

Well we know for sure neither side was getting anywhere in that fight till Odin broke off and upped the ante by entering the Destroyer. If Galactus was so much more powerful than Odin, he'd have done that before the fight started. But apparently Odin doesn't think much of Galactus or his power.

Funny you say that because the way fraction has written it, Galactus pretty much stood there and didn't give a rat's ass what Odin was going to do. Then he stood up, brushed the dirt off his shoulder, and told Asgard he was getting exasperated. That's even more direct indication of what G thinks of Odin's power than your implied assumption about what Odin thinks of G's power.

So again, it's less Odin deciding to use a different tactic than Odin being forced to, or are you going to tell me that KOing himself so that he can use it as the opportune moment to slide into the Armor was Odin's prep plan all along? No matter how you want to sugar coat it, Odin was the aggressor each time and it failed each time. Only the second time, he grievously injured himself. So yes, Odin didn't think much of Galactus' power, and Galactus infinitely more so since he just stood there and accepted Odin's kill shot. And Odin's arrogance bit him in the ass.

He didn't up the ante...he either choose to enter the Armor because he was running out of options or he had to enter the Armor because he was incapacitated in his corporeal form after he rushed into a stationary Galactus. Again, either explanation is quite telling: It's not upping the ante. It's going all in with all the money you have on hand, losing, and then having to borrow an even larger amount from an external source in order to stay in the game. THAT's the difference.

Because odin fans recognize that Odin being prepped and "uncharacteristically" not bringing extra gear to the battle isn't the same as standing still and taking your opponents' best hits while being as stationary as a tree in the Arctic. That's why I don't hear any odin fans crying about it.

Oh, let's also forget that Odin prepped for the 4th host for how many millennia? You're comparing his prep against the 4th host to Galactus arriving practically the same day the seed was found? And did Odin bring the destroyer armor to his battle against seth when he shook the universe in the ensuing battle and galaxies were extinguished in the collateral damage? You can't use that excuse either dude. Fail.

Or, using your exact line of logic, since Galactus wants the Seed so desperately he would have taken the UN out and erased all of Asgard sans the Seed. He only uses the UN in desperation or in moments of extreme anger. So again,

What's the point of asking "what's the point?" Use of the UN didn't retcon the entire event otherwise Galactus would have stayed dead and not have been resurrected by the combined powers of Franklin Richards and Valeria Von Doom since Galactus' "death" was before the entire Abraxas arc got underway. And Reed used it because Galactus told him to use it...I really don't see how you're grasping at anything here in an attempt to invalidate that the UN is an aspect of him.

Power Cosmic II
I count atleast 16 (possibly 17) celestials so it's abit more then a handfull and again that is only the part of the line we are shown. Wasn't the council of Reeds fighting Celestials from a alternate universe that they ultimately had to flee from? We actually have a way of determining a the No Name Celestials powerlevel as mentioned before, Kubik was scared of one.

But given your thoughts on the Celestials shall I then assume that you are also applying the same thought pattern to the rest of the council of skyfather?

That whole council fiasco with the Celestials was an entertaining read but at the end of the day it was just to pimp up what reed could do if he didn't have the shackles of family dedication and a proper conscious. Sort of like a non-CIS reed.

+++++++

But in general I think people on KMC are getting confused into thinking the whole thing with the council featured Celestials from the 616 universe. They were all alternate universe celestials and the council of reeds were running around with infinity gauntlets and ultimate nullifiers like they were bad fashion statements. 616 Reed just had the gun he literally took out from his closet in the baxter building that 1 shotted one of those alternate celestials.

zopzop
Funny you say that because the way fraction has written it, Galactus pretty much stood there and didn't give a rat's ass what Odin was going to do. Then he stood up, brushed the dirt off his shoulder, and told Asgard he was getting exasperated. That's even more direct indication of what G thinks of Odin's power than your implied assumption about what Odin thinks of G's power.

So again, it's less Odin deciding to use a different tactic than Odin being forced to, or are you going to tell me that KOing himself so that he can use it as the opportune moment to slide into the Armor was Odin's prep plan all along? No matter how you want to sugar coat it, Odin was the aggressor each time and it failed each time. Only the second time, he grievously injured himself. So yes, Odin didn't think much of Galactus' power, and Galactus infinitely more so since he just stood there and accepted Odin's kill shot. And Odin's arrogance bit him in the ass.

He didn't up the ante...he either choose to enter the Armor because he was running out of options or he had to enter the Armor because he was incapacitated in his corporeal form after he rushed into a stationary Galactus. Again, either explanation is quite telling: It's not upping the ante. It's going all in with all the money you have on hand, losing, and then having to borrow an even larger amount from an external source in order to stay in the game. THAT's the difference.

Because odin fans recognize that Odin being prepped and "uncharacteristically" not bringing extra gear to the battle isn't the same as standing still and taking your opponents' best hits while being as stationary as a tree in the Arctic. That's why I don't hear any odin fans crying about it.

Oh, let's also forget that Odin prepped for the 4th host for how many millennia? You're comparing his prep against the 4th host to Galactus arriving practically the same day the seed was found? And did Odin bring the destroyer armor to his battle against seth when he shook the universe in the ensuing battle and galaxies were extinguished in the collateral damage? You can't use that excuse either dude. Fail.

Or, using your exact line of logic, since Galactus wants the Seed so desperately he would have taken the UN out and erased all of Asgard sans the Seed. He only uses the UN in desperation or in moments of extreme anger. So again,

What's the point of asking "what's the point?" Use of the UN didn't retcon the entire event otherwise Galactus would have stayed dead and not have been resurrected by the combined powers of Franklin Richards and Valeria Von Doom since Galactus' "death" was before the entire Abraxas arc got underway. And Reed used it because Galactus told him to use it...I really don't see how you're grasping at anything here in an attempt to invalidate that the UN is an aspect of him.

Fact : Odin stalemated Galactus in a TP battle
Fact : Odin KOed himself and Galactus by ramming into him
Fact : Galactus recovered, while Odin mysteriously went into Odinsleep
Speculation : Going by solicits and preview scans, Odin himself could have reformed just like Galactus did but chose to enter the Destroyer Armor instead

Galactus fans shouldn't be too proud of this showing. ONE Skyfather was giving Galactus a hard time, imagine the entire Council? Now contrast this to the time the Skyfathers met the Celestials, see the difference?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I wonder how Odin ends up in the Destroyer. It activates before he fully collapses and the summary in the next issue says he's entered the Odin Sleep.

It also says that Galactus is hungry -he fed in the beginning of the arc- and that he's severely damaged. Like I said, he fixed his helmet but that's only superficial. Now Odin will be jobbing if he doesn't stomp Galactus in the next issue.

Power Cosmic II
Fact : Odin stalemated Galactus in a TP battle
Fact : Odin KOed himself and Galactus by ramming into him
Fact : Galactus recovered, while Odin mysteriously went into Odinsleep
Speculation : Going by solicits and preview scans, Odin himself could have reformed just like Galactus did but chose to enter the Destroyer Armor instead

Galactus fans shouldn't be too proud of this showing. ONE Skyfather was giving Galactus a hard time, imagine the entire Council? Now contrast this to the time the Skyfathers met the Celestials, see the difference?

My facts are more factual than your half-truths.

Fact 1: Odin initiated TP.
Fact 2: Odin tells Galactus to get out of his head.
Fact 3: Galactus refuses and Odin breaks off the attack he initiated because he no longer could/no longer wanted to sustain a TP battle.
Fact 4: Odin rammed into Galactus
Fact 4a: Galactus was stationary
Fact 4b: Galactus had no defenses
Fact 5: Double KO plummet to earth
Fact 6: Odin mumbles to Thor weakly. While this is happening, in the background you see Galactus' energies percolating.
Fact 7: Galactus reconstitutes and stars getting ready his machinery, etc.
Fact 8: Odin enters Odinsleep
Speculation: Odin enters the destroyer shortly thereafter.

Nothing in the preview remotely indicates that he could have reformed if he wanted to. Where do you infer that Odin weighed his options and decides to enter the Armor to enhance his durability rather than rise up?

...And does it matter? His choosing to go into the destroyer armor, as I said countless times, is most telling. No matter how you rationalize it you can't get over the fact that Odin is getting an external amp for a contest that he is losing in. That's it.

yes, contrast the 4th host, who actually were fighting back against odin in the destroyer. vs. a stationary Galactus with no shields, no offense, nothing except being as passive as a fern tree.

Do YOU see the difference?

leonidas
meh, the issues off-set each other imo. you talk about how g didn't use any defense. odin used a HEADBUTT. clearly neither was portrayed at their best so the issue is a wash. the fact that g stood there could be attributed to his usual arrogance perhaps? maybe he didn't believe odin capable of hurting him? i don't know. or maybe it was just some of the worst writing penned in a comic......

zopzop
My facts are more factual than your half-truths.

Fact 1: Odin initiated TP.
Fact 2: Odin tells Galactus to get out of his head.
Fact 3: Galactus refuses and Odin breaks off the attack he initiated because he no longer could/no longer wanted to sustain a TP battle.
Fact 4: Odin rammed into Galactus
Fact 4a: Galactus was stationary
Fact 4b: Galactus had no defenses
Fact 5: Double KO plummet to earth
Fact 6: Odin mumbles to Thor weakly. While this is happening, in the background you see Galactus' energies percolating.
Fact 7: Galactus reconstitutes and stars getting ready his machinery, etc.
Fact 8: Odin enters Odinsleep
Speculation: Odin enters the destroyer shortly thereafter.

Nothing in the preview remotely indicates that he could have reformed if he wanted to. Where do you infer that Odin weighed his options and decides to enter the Armor to enhance his durability rather than rise up?

...And does it matter? His choosing to go into the destroyer armor, as I said countless times, is most telling. No matter how you rationalize it you can't get over the fact that Odin is getting an external amp for a contest that he is losing in. That's it.

yes, contrast the 4th host, who actually were fighting back against odin in the destroyer. vs. a stationary Galactus with no shields, no offense, nothing except being as passive as a fern tree.

Do YOU see the difference?

Fact : Galactus had his hands full with ONE skyfather, how else do you explain him unable to defend himself when Thor flew at him full speed causing him to cry out in pain.

Fact : Arishem just STOOD there as THREE skyfathers blasted him in the chest and he didn't even flinch.

Utrigita
I wonder how Odin ends up in the Destroyer. It activates before he fully collapses and the summary in the next issue says he's entered the Odin Sleep.

Is it confirmed to be Odin or are people still suspecting it to be the case?

Now Odin will be jobbing if he doesn't stomp Galactus in the next issue.

In your opinion stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is it confirmed to be Odin or are people still suspecting it to be the case?

In your opinion stick out tongue

I got it from here:
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=3635&page=18

If Galactus is weakened and injured, Odin should tear him a new one in the Destroyer.

Utrigita
I got it from here:
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=3635&page=18

If Galactus is weakened and injured, Odin should tear him a new one in the Destroyer.

Yes I was aware of the severe wounded part, it was more the Odin entering the destroyer, that was of interest to me, but based on the link it's still, imo, speculation.

While it based on the last 5 issues would be the most logical thing to conclude I highly doubt it, given what Fraction have portrayed so far, to be the case. I kinda see Asgard getting rather wrecked and the Destroyer managing to fend of Galactus barely or some crap like that. When a guy that says he wants the battle between the two to be epic and it ends in a headbutt, well....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes I was aware of the severe wounded part, it was more the Odin entering the destroyer, that was of interest to me.

While it based on the last 5 issues would be the most logical thing to conclude I highly doubt it, given what Fraction have portrayed so far, to be the case. I kinda see Asgard getting rather wrecked and the Destroyer managing to fend of Galactus barely or some crap like that. When a guy that says he wants the battle between the two to be epic and it ends in a headbutt, well....

If Odin doesn't enter the Destroyer, then I'm not sure how the two will have a battle to the death. Perhaps he's in the Odin sleep while mentally operating the Destroyer instead of actually inhabiting it but that theory also has a flow. It's that or the All Father has entered the Odin power nap instead of the Odin sleep.

I'll call bullshit. Fraction wouldn't even be consistent with his one writing. Which isn't exactly shocking but still.

Utrigita
If Odin doesn't enter the Destroyer, then I'm not sure how the two will have a battle to the death. Perhaps his in the Odin sleep and mentally operating the Destroyer instead of actually inhabiting. Either that or it's more of an Odin power nap than Odin sleep.

I'll call bullshit. Fraction wouldn't even be consistent with his one writing. Which isn't exactly shocking but still.

Or maybe Fraction in some part of his mind think that it has already happen with Odin entering the Odin Sleep, with him who knows?

Just wait Galactus will suddenly have enormous amounts of energies and the entire cover will most likely be ignored or not explored kinda like the case with Aegis & Tenebrous vs Galactus.

Yeah then the entire line of issues are best used as toiletpaper (from a forum standpoint atleast imo).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Or maybe Fraction in some part of his mind think that it has already happen with Odin entering the Odin Sleep, with him who knows?

Just wait Galactus will suddenly have enormous amounts of energies and the entire cover will most likely be ignored or not explored kinda like the case with Aegis & Tenebrous vs Galactus.

Yeah then the entire line of issues are best used as toiletpaper (from a forum standpoint atleast imo).

You mean that Odin automatically begins entering the Destroyer when he slips into the Odin Sleep? Perhaps it's some kind of safeguard, I don't know.

Personally, I think the best thing to do in such a position is have Odin inhabit the Destroyer while drawing extra power from Asgard/Asgardians and have Galactus replenish himself with his Worldship. Whatever, we'll see what happens.

zopzop
If it's not Odin in the Destroyer, then how did the person inside the Destroyer call Mjolnir to his hand? Because Thor looked shocked as hell and fell to the ground.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No one but Odin should be able to do that true and the preview along with the description strongly suggests that it's Odin but my problem is with the fact that the Destroyer activated when Loki removed the seed. Not when Odin fell into the Odin Sleep.

zopzop
No one but Odin should be able to do that true .......... the Destroyer activated when Loki removed the seed. Not when Odin fell into the Odin Sleep.

So then Fraction is almost as big an idiot as Bendis? How are these people still employed?

cdtm
Telling you all, it's going to be Loki in the Destroyer armor.

It ties into his side story with the Weird Sisters.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's definitely not Loki imo.

I'm guessing he's going to find away to cure Thor of the wound he's suffering because it's going to kill him in the end.

cdtm
The way Fraction has been writing him, he'd probably be worthy of Mjolnir now.

Utrigita
You mean that Odin automatically begins entering the Destroyer when he slips into the Odin Sleep? Perhaps it's some kind of safeguard, I don't know.

Personally, I think the best thing to do in such a position is have Odin inhabit the Destroyer while drawing extra power from Asgard/Asgardians and have Galactus replenish himself with his Worldship. Whatever, we'll see what happens.

Yes something like that.

True, however have someone given a thought to the possiblity that the Destroyer is simply reacting on the command from Odin, that would mean that it operates through his power, and still have the power over Mjolner. One can also speculate if the seed's stay in the destroyer coupled with Thors wound could have a impact. For all we know the wound could cause a gradual transfer of Thors lifeforce to the destroyer because of it having the Seed.

Falamu
Yes something like that.

True, however have someone given a thought to the possiblity that the Destroyer is simply reacting on the command from Odin, that would mean that it operates through his power, and still have the power over Mjolner. One can also speculate if the seed's stay in the destroyer coupled with Thors wound could have a impact. For all we know the wound could cause a gradual transfer of Thors lifeforce to the destroyer because of it having the Seed.

But even THOR has stood up to Galactus multiple times and survived, and Odin's usually depicted as stronger than he is. So put all the pantheons together against the World-Eater...and wouldn't Galactus be, like, slaughtered?

Power Cosmic II
Fact : Galactus had his hands full with ONE skyfather, how else do you explain him unable to defend himself when Thor flew at him full speed causing him to cry out in pain.

Fact: Galactus was occupied with Odin in a telepathic battle. Let me know the moment you think you have to add the stipulation that in this fight, Galactus will stand there and allow TP to be engaged before he lifts a finger in offense.

And? A Chaos King amped Zeus unleashed the full might of Zeus' power and it STILL couldn't put down a hungry Galactus. You want to start cherry picking feats, I can do the same all day.

DarkOdin

But given your thoughts on the Celestials shall I then assume that you are also applying the same thought pattern to the rest of the council of skyfather? Of course the skyfather's would would vary in power however It is safe to say Odin is top tier, Then we have Zeus and Seth we have seen in action. Who have shown to operate in the skyfather range It is fair to say the council should vary from low-high skyfather just as a celestail will vary from low to high abstract in any account galactus Beign the last man standing could have been that he was attack last no???

DarkOdin
Fact: Galactus was occupied with Odin in a telepathic battle. Let me know the moment you think you have to add the stipulation that in this fight, Galactus will stand there and allow TP to be engaged before he lifts a finger in offense.

And? A Chaos King amped Zeus unleashed the full might of Zeus' power and it STILL couldn't put down a hungry Galactus. You want to start cherry picking feats, I can do the same all day. IF galactus could stop Odin before a TP battle engae I guess he would have instead of getting headbutted back to earth . The fact taht Galactus cound't stop Odin from engaging in a TP battle when he is being distracted by 1 high herald an a bunch of cannon fodder asgardians is proof on panel but yet you claim Odin and a group of skyfathers woudn't do any better is just stupid

DarkOdin
Yes something like that.

True, however have someone given a thought to the possiblity that the Destroyer is simply reacting on the command from Odin, that would mean that it operates through his power, and still have the power over Mjolner. One can also speculate if the seed's stay in the destroyer coupled with Thors wound could have a impact. For all we know the wound could cause a gradual transfer of Thors lifeforce to the destroyer because of it having the Seed. True but destroyer never was able to do that. Also did anyone take that Thor stating Odin going to the Odinsleep is jsut hyperbole it is clear Thor was surprised that the destoyer showed up wielding Mjolnir either next issue is going to big a big hit or a bigger flop

Power Cosmic II
IF galactus could stop Odin before a TP battle engae I guess he would have instead of getting headbutted back to earth . The fact taht Galactus cound't stop Odin from engaging in a TP battle when he is being distracted by 1 high herald an a bunch of cannon fodder asgardians is proof on panel but yet you claim Odin and a group of skyfathers woudn't do any better is just stupid

The stupidity here is you citing the writer's failure to play out scenarios other than what he intended in a pathetic attempt to undermine my points.

Fraction wanted to depict a TP battle. The fact that Fraction wants the battle to open with Odin initiating a TP assault while Galactus is written to be passive/reactive, which is explicitly contrary to his portrayals in battles (i.e., not in his character to be passive/reactive when he is fighting another character), is in no way indicative of how it would go in a forum fight, can you not comprehend that? Clearly not

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkOdin
The stupidity here is you citing the writer's failure to play out scenarios other than what he intended in a pathetic attempt to undermine my points.

Fraction wanted to depict a TP battle. The fact that Fraction wants the battle to open with Odin initiating a TP assault while Galactus is written to be passive/reactive, which is explicitly contrary to his portrayals in battles (i.e., not in his character to be passive/reactive when he is fighting another character), is in no way indicative of how it would go in a forum fight, can you not comprehend that? Clearly not

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud Except that Odin know had first hand experience on how to fight Galactus he knows He can stalemate Galactus long enough for 11 other skyfathers to beat him down. We also know Odin alone has enough power to hit Galactus with enough force to stun him. Hell Thanos had enough to power to said Galactus flying. Know we have Odin who can put out more power, We have seth who power out put is greating then Thanos and Zeus We have at least 3 skyfathers with enough power to rock and hurt Galactus and 9 other who power level can range from low-skyfather to mid range if we downplay them all. What you can't comprehend is Galactus has trouble with high herald sometimes and never has been seen one-shotting a skyfather. This battle shows that 1skyfather is enough to cause Galactus problems ansd 12 would just stomp him into the ground. And with the next issue coming out we will seen what happens when destoryer gets into the fight. And the only thing that makes destoryer greater then Odin is the fact if has the power of 3 skyfather s all of which are on the coucil.

Utrigita
Of course the skyfather's would would vary in power however It is safe to say Odin is top tier, Then we have Zeus and Seth we have seen in action. Who have shown to operate in the skyfather range It is fair to say the council should vary from low-high skyfather just as a celestail will vary from low to high abstract in any account galactus Beign the last man standing could have been that he was attack last no???

The obvious diffence is that the skyfathers in the council is entirely unknown to us and getting even a rough idea of their powerlevel is based on what they have shown, well impossible. The None name Celestials atleast have been given some meassure of power in comparison.

The scans shows Galactus as being at the front when the Galactus Engine entered and being at the center in the middle, so Galactus was, based on the scans, not attacked last, unless you would argue that attacking people furtherst away from you is a normal line of approach, when dealing with characters of roughly equal power.

True but destroyer never was able to do that. Also did anyone take that Thor stating Odin going to the Odinsleep is jsut hyperbole it is clear Thor was surprised that the destoyer showed up wielding Mjolnir either next issue is going to big a big hit or a bigger flop

Odin hasn't been shown to enter the Destroyer while being in the Odinsleep before, atleast not to my knowledge so... I for one would like to think that Thor, given his centuries of knowledge actually can tell if it's the Odin sleep or a Coma.

Omega visors
odin and zeus combined is enough to take him down

the Darkone
Originally posted by Omega visors
odin and zeus combined is enough to take him down
uh no, this is Galactus without PIS will rock their a$$!

zopzop

Fact : Galactus full concentration went into that TP stalemate with Odin. So much so that Thor cracked him upside the head and Galactus screamed in pain. If Thor was distracted by the SS, I'm betting Odin and Thor could have taken Galactus out. Now imagine Odin with 10 other Skyfathers. Galactus has no chance in hell.

LOL @ you using Galactus in Chaos War as any kind of good showing for him. I guess when you're a Galactus fan, you scape the bottom of the barrel for whatever you can get.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Galactus was hungry during Chaos War. He wasn't well fed either though.

Ares also specifically says that they need to stop Zeus before he unleashes his true power against Galactus. Perhaps that was in reference to the lightning bolt.

Whatever, the gap between Galactus and Skyfather level entities is obviously not nearly as big as some pretended.

Nihilist
I don't think Galactus was hungry during Chaos War. He wasn't well fed either though.

Ares also specifically says that they need to stop Zeus before he unleashes his true power against Galactus. Perhaps that was in reference to the lightning bolt.

Whatever, the gap between Galactus and Skyfather level entities is obviously not nearly as big as some pretended. IIRC it was stated Galactus was hungry due to the event of Thanos Imperative.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
IIRC it was stated Galactus was hungry due to the event of Thanos Imperative.

Curious, where was this? I don't remember a single mention in either the comics or interviews.

The Surfer stated that they teleported Galactus right before he could feed which is the reason why I don't think he's well fed or anything but I don't take that to mean that he's hungry either. I don't know why people have to go from one extreme to the other with Galactus all the time. When he's hungry/weakened or powered up/rejuvenated writers almost always go out of there way to make it clear as far as I can tell. Sometimes Galactus just is.

Nihilist
Curious, where was this? I don't remember a single mention in either the comics or interviews.

The Surfer stated that they teleported Galactus right before he could feed which is the reason why I don't think he's well fed or anything but I don't take that to mean that he's hungry either. I don't know why people have to go from one extreme to the other with Galactus all the time. When he's hungry/weakened or powered up/rejuvenated writers almost always go out of there way to make it clear as far as I can tell. Sometimes Galactus just is. IIRC its mentioned in Galactus first appearance in Chaos War( not sure if its the main book or a tie in). It says something along the lines of him needing to feed as the prioir conflict taking its toll on him, thus needing to feed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Alright, I'll check it out but I'll be shocked if it's true. I don't remember reading or hearing about this which is surprising as around that time, excuses for Galactus were pouring in like they usually do in these situations.

Are you sure you're not confusing this with Galactus' post Chaos War state?

Omega Vision
Reason I think Galactus is >> Skyfathers is that as per TI Galactus at critically low levels was able to wipe out a Galaxy, something that's generally considered the premium test of a High Skyfather in terms of raw power.

I just don't see a badly weakened Odin busting a Galaxy, less still Zeus or the other Skyfathers without Odin's laundry list of high end feats.

Nihilist
Alright, I'll check it out but I'll be shocked if it's true. I don't remember reading or hearing about this which is surprising as around that time, excuses for Galactus were pouring in like they usually do in these situations.

Are you sure you're not confusing this with Galactus' post Chaos War state? I'll be honest i may be wrong, but as i dont care if he was or wasnt hungry...the only reason seem to remeber something being said was the suprise that Marvel remembered some continuity with Imperative/Chaos War.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll be honest i may be wrong, but as i dont care if he was or wasnt hungry...the only reason seem to remeber something being said was the suprise that Marvel remembered some continuity with Imperative/Chaos War.

I'll mostly be surprised because Pak doesn't like Galactus very much. Sure he gives him a decent portrayal in terms of power levels but he constantly has him getting punked. Throwing Galactus a bone, especially when he's supposed to a measuring stick for his new pets, the Olympians would be unusual.

Nihilist
I'll mostly be surprised because Pak doesn't like Galactus very much. Sure he gives him a decent portrayal in terms of power levels but he constantly has him getting punked. Throwing Galactus a bone, especially when he's supposed to a measuring stick for his new pets, the Olympians would be unusual. TBH id check myself, but ive just moved house my comics are all over the place and my main computer is still boxed up

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll check it out. Gimme a sec.
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Reason I think Galactus is >> Skyfathers is that as per TI Galactus at critically low levels was able to wipe out a Galaxy, something that's generally considered the premium test of a High Skyfather in terms of raw power.

I just don't see a badly weakened Odin busting a Galaxy, less still Zeus or the other Skyfathers without Odin's laundry list of high end feats.

I don't think Galactus was tapping into his own personal energy reserves. I'm still really confused why people are so adamant he didn't use those canisters. Why else have them radiating around him while Annihilus screams about the Power Cosmic being his? I know Galactus needs a good showing to salvage whatever he has of his rep but it doesn't make any sense to me personally.

Also, that's not the best reason. Take one of Odin's higher end portrayals and Galaxy busting even when weakened is something I can definitely see happening.

Nihilist
I'll check it out. Gimme a sec.

I don't think Galactus was tapping into his own personal energy reserves. I'm still really confused why people are so adamant he didn't use those canisters. Why else have them radiating around him while Annihilus screams about the Power Cosmic being his? I know Galactus needs a good showing to salvage whatever he has of his rep but it doesn't make any sense to me personally.

Also, that's not a very good reason. Take one of Odin's higher end portrayals and Galaxy busting even when weakened is something I can definitely see happening. Besides, Galactus also has more than his fair share of poor showings. Im torn on the Herlad my rage blast as to wheather hes hungry or not. Like you said you see all the cosmic power cannisters floating around him, but doesnt Galactus say he is still to weak to engage T&A after the blast?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Im torn on the Herlad my rage blast as to wheather hes hungry or not. Like you said you see all the cosmic power cannisters floating around him, but doesnt Galactus say he is still to weak to engage T&A after the blast?

After the blast he was still weakened IIRC, which is why in my opinion, the most logical conclusion is that he used the canisters as the fuel for that herald my rage blast. That energy had to go somewhere, and it wasn't into rejuvenating Galactus.

They were radiating around him after he broke out, suddenly they're gone and Galactus begins to charge up the attack.

Sr J-Bieb
After the blast he was still weakened IIRC, which is why in my opinion, the most logical conclusion is that he used the canisters as the fuel for that herald my rage blast. That energy had to go somewhere, and it wasn't into rejuvenating Galactus.

They were radiating around him after he broke out, suddenly they're gone and Galactus begins to charge up the attack. Well, IIRC, he was pretty damaged when he got out, then after the canisters he was back to his normal suit.
So, I'd say he absorbed the power, however, it wasn't as much as the energy of a planet that he gets when he eats one

Just enough to get him above the "Me so hungry" levels IMO

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Well, IIRC, he was pretty damaged when he got out, then after the canisters he was back to his normal suit.
So, I'd say he absorbed the power, however, it wasn't as much as the energy of a planet that he gets when he eats one

Just enough to get him above the "Me so hungry" levels IMO

Why would you say that? I'm curious didn't the canisters contain pure Power Cosmic or whatever mined from a planet using Galactus? Galactus did looked pretty restored -there was a minor crack or two in that one panel we see him- in comparison to the mess that he was while being captive but my gut feeling is that he invested more of their power into the blast than himself.

Whatever, I can live with your interpretation. I remember people outright refusing to acknowledge the canisters being used in any manner which I don't really understand.

Utrigita

Whatever, the gap between Galactus and Skyfather level entities is obviously not nearly as big as some pretended.

Normally when Galactus feeds it's because he is hungry, so I don't quite follow your line of logic there.

Galactus also states that No mere Skyfather should survive the blast he used against Zeus, or Ares could simply be refering to the Chaos King about to pop out any second.

Not granted, The gap between Odin and Galactus is not as being as some suspected, the gap beyond that is still speculation imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Normally when Galactus feeds it's because he is hungry, so I don't quite follow your line of logic there.

That's a fair point but normally when Galactus is weakened or hungry it's made pretty clear, no? From what I know of Pak and how I've seen Galactus handled, I personally doubt that the World Eater was intended to be weakened. If for no reason other than he likes Zeus and isn't to keen on Galactus in comparison. We won't know for certain one way or the other unless Pak makes a comment.

Galactus also states that No mere Skyfather should survive the blast he used against Zeus, or Ares could simply be refering to the Chaos King about to pop out any second. '

Not exactly. Galactus said "No mere Skyfather can so easily shrug off my power."

That has very different implications. Possibly but Ares was referring to Zeus' true power.

Not granted, The gap between Odin and Galactus is not as being as some suspected, the gap beyond that is still speculation imo.

Not sure what you mean here.

Igniz
The thing I noticed about Galactus is that whenever he faces beings who are cosmic in nature, he seems to be doing well.But when he faces beings that are magical in nature, he seems to be having a hard time.People are using the Galactus Vs Mephisto fight as to show how powerful Galactus is when Mephisto himself got stomped by Atum/Demogorge.And Mephisto was with other Hell lords at that time.Mephisto battled Satannish to a stalemate, though I believe Satannish had the upper hand in that encounter but it was broken up by Mephista and Dr Strange.And Satannish was revealed to be created by Dormammu.And Dormammu is regarded being equal to the likes of Zeus and Odin.Then in TI, we have Galactus able to hold off his cancerverse counterpart Galactus Engine while other Celestials ran away from it.

Point is that maybe Magic is Galactus's weakness.One can say Superman is more powerful than Batman.But Batman has that handy Kryptonite with him that is Superman's weakness.

Just my opinion people.

zopzop
The thing I noticed about Galactus is that whenever he faces beings who are cosmic in nature, he seems to be doing well.But when he faces beings that are magical in nature, he seems to be having a hard time.People are using the Galactus Vs Mephisto fight as to show how powerful Galactus is when Mephisto himself got stomped by Atum/Demogorge.And Mephisto was with other Hell lords at that time.Mephisto battled Satannish to a stalemate, though I believe Satannish had the upper hand in that encounter but it was broken up by Mephista and Dr Strange.And Satannish was revealed to be created by Dormammu.And Dormammu is regarded being equal to the likes of Zeus and Odin.Then in TI, we have Galactus able to hold off his cancerverse counterpart Galactus Engine while other Celestials ran away from it.

Point is that maybe Magic is Galactus's weakness.One can say Superman is more powerful than Batman.But Batman has that handy Kryptonite with him that is Superman's weakness.

Just my opinion people.

You could be on to something! thumb up

Eternal Idol

Just my opinion people.

It's called jobbing.

http://seekersofthebat.com/wp-content/uploads/1210990-biggrecheese_batman_vs_superman_super.gif

Igniz
It's called jobbing.

http://seekersofthebat.com/wp-content/uploads/1210990-biggrecheese_batman_vs_superman_super.gif

I was under the impression that Jobbing can be sometimes categorized as PIS showings were a less powerful character is able to beat a more powerful character for no apparent reason whatsoever.Batman beating Superman with Kryptonite isn't technically PIS but it falls under the CIS description.Since people will just say "Batman had Kryptonite" when he beat Superman.Now here are 2 examples of showing in comics that can be categorized as Jobbing/PIS.

1.Thing knocking out Silver Surfer.
2.Squirrel Girl beating Thanos.

I mean these showings has no explanation whatsoever on how Thing and Squirrel Girl beat Characters that are more powerful than them.I mean this showings are really screaming for a retcon if you ask me.And its good thing they were retconned.As for the Galactus/Odin fight, I just analyzed Big G's history on why he is sometimes seen struggling with characters like Mephisto but he is able to do well against his cancerverse counterpart that made Celestials ran away.I mean Celestials made skyfathers look bad.There is no way I'm going to believe Mephisto is in Celestial level.I mean this Mephisto whom Odin prevented from gaining Jake Olsen's soul with no problems whatsoever.Mephisto who is struggling against Satannish.Satannish created by Dormammu(equal to Zeus and Odin).So the only explanation I can come up with big G is that maybe magic is a weakness to him since he is portrayed struggling with magical beings(Mephisto,Odin and etc) while he is portrayed doing well against cosmical beings(Galactus Engine,T & A and etc).

Falamu
The scan on the first page - it's from which issue? Is it from the current Mighty Thor series or something?

DarkOdin

Odin hasn't been shown to enter the Destroyer while being in the Odinsleep before, atleast not to my knowledge so... I for one would like to think that Thor, given his centuries of knowledge actually can tell if it's the Odin sleep or a Coma. Actually the last time Odin enter the enter the destroyer with all the other asgardians Thor didn't know what was happening. Either way IF Odin exits the destroyer and wakes ti it will be clear if it is the odin sleep or not. Also it takes quite awhile to enter the destoryer with a soul as loki states and is shown in the king Thor story line.

DarkOdin

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Right because if Galactus didn't want to battle TP he would blast Odin. Ya like Odin can't counter and unleash is on galaxy level attack also. Odin has feats of power to match Galactus. We have a direct conflict now that supports this. Odin starting of with a tp attack, energy blast of H2H odin can hold his on.

Headbutt 2 headbutt both sides were stunned

Tp 2 tp both were pushing each other.

Energy attacks Odin has feats right up there with Galactus

Know you thorugh in Seth and Zeus to tip the tide hell if the rest of the skyfather are only on the high herald range Galactus would go down just base on Odin/ Thor's double team.

Utrigita
Actually the last time Odin enter the enter the destroyer with all the other asgardians Thor didn't know what was happening. Either way IF Odin exits the destroyer and wakes ti it will be clear if it is the odin sleep or not. Also it takes quite awhile to enter the destoryer with a soul as loki states and is shown in the king Thor story line.

But Odin wasn't going into something resembling the Odin sleep at that point of time was he? Thor here obviously state that it's the Odin Sleep so he has a idea on what is happening to Odin this time around. And here it happened pretty quickly and while Odin was still conscious (something I don't believe is possible either)

Utrigita
That's a fair point but normally when Galactus is weakened or hungry it's made pretty clear, no? From what I know of Pak and how I've seen Galactus handled, I personally doubt that the World Eater was intended to be weakened. If for no reason other than he likes Zeus and isn't to keen on Galactus in comparison. We won't know for certain one way or the other unless Pak makes a comment.

'

Not exactly. Galactus said "No mere Skyfather can so easily shrug off my power."

That has very different implications. Possibly but Ares was referring to Zeus' true power.

Not sure what you mean here.

I think it was made pretty clear, Surfer was actually quite furious at Hercules for having moved Galactus. It would seem to me atleast a rather strange line of logic from Pak's side then. Normally when Galactus is hungry or about to fed he is in some way weakened (hence why he fed) but maybe Pak thinks that it has no overall effect on Galactus powerlevel at what level of hunger (and I agree it can flucturate to a great degree) he operates on, but that would just be absurd.

Potato Potato, same same but different. Galactus pretty obviously didn't intend Zeus to rise from that Blast ("return to your deaths"wink, but again that also (if we are to focus on that route) makes Pak's intention quite clear, atleast imo. Well as I read it, it can still be refering to what Zeus held within him, thus with the Chaos King working through Zeus it would still be seen as Zeus power.

Yeah should have been big instead of being. Well my point was that while the powergap between Odin and Galactus is being explored, I don't think that the conflict in itself is going to shed much light on Galactus powerlevel in comparison say a Skrull Skyfather or something similar, because (atleast imo) Odin isn't the base for all skyfather (just like Arishem isn't the base for all Celestials)

DarkOdin
But Odin wasn't going into something resembling the Odin sleep at that point of time was he? Thor here obviously state that it's the Odin Sleep so he has a idea on what is happening to Odin this time around. And here it happened pretty quickly and while Odin was still conscious (something I don't believe is possible either) SPoiler Well it is confrimed That Odin ewas entering the destroyer before the fall and that Odin was in fact power destoryer. Odin comes right out when Galactus teleports away and explains, that he is not strong enough to keep headbutting Galactus duh. So here is what we are left with. Odin knows the longer the battle goes he will lose. It is clear that Galactus was about to destroy asgard b/c he was poed at them but stopped when destoryer arrived. Then he teleports away "not b/c of destroyer but b/c he want s to find the seed. So ya an epic fail of a cool battle that would have been sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.