Annihilus vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Random Encounter

Milky Way Galaxy

who wins

dmills
The bug. Glads will go in hard and fast at first, but as usual for him, he'll go limp after 5 minutes.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
The bug. Glads will go in hard and fast at first, but as usual for him, he'll go limp after 5 minutes.

so Stronthians are 5 min men?

smokin'

carver9
Glads 7 or 8/10.

quanchi112
Annihilus wins.

-Pr-

laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

That's not funny.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
That's not funny.

To me it is.

guy222
the bug wins

carver9
To me it is.

I know why you think its funny. stick out tongue

Gladiator wins this. Running through Heralds isn't a new thing for someone like Kallark.

MF DELPH
Damn you guys for making me agree with Carver.

I'll take Gladiator as well.

dmills
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus01404.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus03405.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus04.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus05.jpg

-Pr-

Gladiator wins this. Running through Heralds isn't a new thing for someone like Kallark.

because i like innuendo?

shokosugi

then he loses *full-confidence*.

dmills
Originally posted by shokosugi
then he loses *full-confidence*.

Unless he somehow ExtenZe his confidence.

quanchi112

Gladiator wins this. Running through Heralds isn't a new thing for someone like Kallark. Remember his battle against the eldest one from the Vulcan arc where his confidence was exceptionally high and he still got his arm broken like a twig.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Remember his battle against the eldest one from the Vulcan arc where his confidence was exceptionally high and he still got his arm broken like a twig.

You know the ft you are trying to use to lowball Gladiator...well, that being was amped off of millions of people of his race when he pulled that ft off against Gladiator. Before he did that, he was already class 100...there really isn't a telling how powerful he became after absorbing the essence of every being in his race.

What else ya got?

quanchi112
You know the ft you are trying to use to lowball Gladiator...well, that being was amped off of millions of people of his race when he pulled that ft off against Gladiator. Before he did that, he was already class 100...there really isn't a telling how powerful he became after absorbing the essence of every being in his race.

What else ya got? That's enough for me. That was this beings power in which he easily owned Gladiator. Hulk also easily beat him down in his annual and there was no confidence issue there. Masterson Thor also almost took his life and Gladiator wasn't hurting for confidence there either.

carver9
That's enough for me. That was this beings power in which he easily owned Gladiator. Hulk also easily beat him down in his annual and there was no confidence issue there. Masterson Thor also almost took his life and Gladiator wasn't hurting for confidence there either.

Lol...

Masterson got thrashed by Gladiator and had to sneak attack him in order to gain an advantage. Gladiator admitted that he wasn't there to fight Hulk and showed that during the fight when he was dusting his cloths off during mid battle.

That shouldn't be enough for you since the person you brought up as a low showing was amped by his entire race. Get your facts right.

dmills
@carver,

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/15_xblleak01.jpg

stick out tongue

MF DELPH
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus01404.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus03405.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus04.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsAnnihilus05.jpg

Annihilus was amped up on the lifeforces of all the Asgardians. That's not his normal power levels.

carver9
@carver,

stick out tongue

What game is that? Is that the new mvc.

quanchi112
Lol...

Masterson got thrashed by Gladiator and had to sneak attack him in order to gain an advantage. Gladiator admitted that he wasn't there to fight Hulk and showed that during the fight when he was dusting his cloths off during mid battle.

That shouldn't be enough for you since the person you brought up as a low showing was amped by his entire race. Get your facts right. Masterson Thor showed attacking Glads that his attacks can kill him and pretty quickly who'd win the fight is immaterial to his sub par durability, dana carver.

Gladiator tried killing him and Hulk completely dominated after preventing his off earth field trip.

My facts are straight and the eldest one and these other two showings make it clear whether his confidence is up or isn't he can go down to people in his tier or above his tier just the same.

dmills
What game is that? Is that the new mvc.

thumb up

carver9
Masterson Thor showed attacking Glads that his attacks can kill him and pretty quickly who'd win the fight is immaterial to his sub par durability, dana carver.

Gladiator tried killing him and Hulk completely dominated after preventing his off earth field trip.

My facts are straight and the eldest one and these other two showings make it clear whether his confidence is up or isn't he can go down to people in his tier or above his tier just the same.

Quan...what is it that you don't understand? Masterson snuck attack someone that was dominating him in a fight. Mastersons attacks couldn't even hurt Gladiator until he back stabbed him when he was down and out.

Gladiator told Hulk that he didn't come there to fight him...I guess that was the reason he didn't throw a single punch in that fight.

Quan...he was amped...I don't have a problem with Gladiator being dominated by someone that amped off an entire planet.

Gladiator destroys Heralds and if he ever met Thanos...he would get destroyed as well

carver9
thumb up

I did not know Nova was on it...beastly. Cant wait until it comes out in the u.s.

Scoobless
@carver,

stick out tongue

Who is Vergil?

vansonbee
I believe Gladiator did met Thanos in one of his mini series. Let just say Gladiator is piss scare of Thanos.

dmills
I did not know Nova was on it...beastly. Cant wait until it comes out in the u.s.

Yep. According to Axel Alonzo Nova is one of the 3 characters getting a huge push in 2012 starting with this "Nova Antiquus" shyte. They figured to put him in mvc to gain him more pub.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Who is Vergil?

Some obscure Capcom character I guess.

quanchi112
Quan...what is it that you don't understand? Masterson snuck attack someone that was dominating him in a fight. Mastersons attacks couldn't even hurt Gladiator until he back stabbed him when he was down and out.

Gladiator told Hulk that he didn't come there to fight him...I guess that was the reason he didn't throw a single punch in that fight.

Quan...he was amped...I don't have a problem with Gladiator being dominated by someone that amped off an entire planet.

Gladiator destroys Heralds and if he ever met Thanos...he would get destroyed as well His attacks almost killed him. They had to pull him off.

Trying to kill someone off planet sure doesn't look like not trying to kill someone. Make sense for once carver. If you can't understand the characters stories you debate for sit on the sidelines.

Thanos isn't a herald and unlike Gladiator Thanos destroys heralds. Glads has lost to Matseron Thor and the Hulk. Pitiful. Annihilus wins.

dmills
Does Glads have wins over any high heralds in 616 continuity?

carver9
Does Glads have wins over any high heralds in 616 continuity?

Nova, Binary, Rachel, Vulcan, was curbing Masteron until he was cheap shotted.

-Pr-
Nova, Binary, Rachel, Vulcan, was curbing Masteron until he was cheap shotted.

he said "high" heralds.

carver9
he said "high" heralds.

Masterson is a high Herald. He really never fought anyone else that "you" would consider a high Herald.

Bentley
Masterson is a high Herald. He really never fought anyone else that "you" would consider a high Herald.

Pr nor forum consensus. You actually consider pretty much every feat a high herald feat big grin

Power Cosmic II
@carver,

stick out tongue

I can see you re-enacting Nova 15

dmills
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
I can see you re-enacting Nova 15

What happened there?

Power Cosmic II
What happened there?

Galactus dismissed Nova Happy Dance

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
Pr nor forum consensus. You actually consider pretty much every feat a high herald feat big grin
Except Darkseid or Prime who are apparently Mid Heralds to Carv.

dmills
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Galactus dismissed Nova Happy Dance

I don't remember that issue. I seem to have misplaced it somewhere stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Masterson is a high Herald.

No.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No.

To be fair, Masterson's first incarnation of Thor was a High Herald, he was simply inept at being Thor, but he had the power.

JakeTheBank
Overall, he was a Mid-Herald with the capacity to achieve High-Herald feats. If you think Masterson Thor is a High Herald, than Donald Blake/Jake Olsen Thor is easily trans.

Stoic
Overall, he was a Mid-Herald with the capacity to achieve High-Herald feats. If you think Masterson Thor is a High Herald, than Donald Blake/Jake Olsen Thor is easily trans.

Ok I can go for that, but remember that he did bust Gladiator.

the ninjak
Nova Prime won with Destroyer training. Ripped his guts out through his mouth!

Gladiator wins this.

The question is. Is Glads as skillful in combat as Nova?

Nihilist
Originally posted by the ninjak

Gladiator wins this.

The question is. Is Glads as skillful in combat as Nova? facepalm

Annihilus, easy.

the ninjak
Whatever. My point still stands as truth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Annihilus imo.

celeyhyga17

Gladiator wins this.

The question is. Is Glads as skillful in combat as Nova?

Destroyer training? embarrasment
Richie won't be gutting Annihilus level opponents on the regs. That's a high feat for him. The living death that walks wins this easy.

sad

carver9
Gladiator 7/10.

Energy attack doesn't work on Glads and that is Annihilus special. He would have to result in hand to hand and Gladiator is faster, strknger, and more durable.

Annihilus survived a solar system destroying blast...Gladiator survived that with no damage at all.

the ninjak
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Destroyer training? embarrasment
Richie won't be gutting Annihilus level opponents on the regs. That's a high feat for him. The living death that walks wins this easy.

sad

It happened because he was Destroyer level trained in combat.

I read the story and that's what happened. Drax deserves more respect!

Glads wins.

dmills
Gladiator 7/10.

Energy attack doesn't work on Glads and that is Annihilus special. He would have to result in hand to hand and Gladiator is faster, strknger, and more durable.

Annihilus survived a solar system destroying blast...Gladiator survived that with no damage at all.

I've seen several instances where energy attacks have hurt him. Furthermore, Annihilus just straight up leeches energy not unlike Rulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No.
Masterson Thor was a High Herald power wise. His appearances in the Infinity Gauntlet alone erases any doubt. It was stated that out of all of the heroes assembled -which included Drax, Quasar, Hulk, Firelord etc.- he was the most powerful and had the best chance of killing Thanos IIRC. Eric just wasn't a High Herald in direct combat unless he was pissed off or whatever. Besides not being a Warrior, he was clumsy, lacked Thor's experience and was unable to use Mjolnir properly.

Gladiator 7/10.

For someone who's such a big fan of Gladiator you seem to actually know little to nothing about him.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Masterson Thor was a High Herald power wise. His appearances in the Infinity Gauntlet alone erases any doubt. It was stated that out of all of the heroes assembled -which included Drax, Quasar, Hulk, Firelord etc.- he was the most powerful and had the best chance of killing Thanos IIRC. Eric just wasn't a High Herald in direct combat unless he was pissed off or whatever. Besides not being a Warrior, he was clumsy, lacked Thor's experience and was unable to use Mjolnir properly.

For someone who's such a big fan of Gladiator you seem to actually know little to nothing about him.

I have numerous of instances to back my claim up.

dmills
I have numerous of instances to back my claim up.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/P00012-1.jpg

That's just for starters. Got more if need be.

leonidas
i assume just classic anny w/rod? i'd say probably anny, but i could see glads taking some. as far as glads' wins--he beat hyperion cleanly. he may not be high herald, but he's had some high herald showings and is pretty close. his stalemate of supreme was also a good showing.

carver9
@dmills.

Do you have the rest of that fight? By the way...heat vision vs relatives fights with Kryptonians and kryptonian like beings are their kryptonite. Do you have any other examples?

carver9
I don't consider Wonderman high Herald either but I do consider him Herald level and Gladiator ran through him easily.

I don't consider Rachel high Herald but she is pretty much up the food chain and Gladiator one paneled her along with a Phoenix. The centurians are pretty much low to mid Herald and Gladiator killed one and ran through 3 others with ease.

Vulcan is Herald like and got one shotted by Glads and Binary is low to mid Herald and also got one shotted.

Gladiator is a clock cleaner.

Omega Vision

Gladiator is a cock cleaner.
He sure is.

Very popular in the Imperial Guard for that reason.

dmills
@dmills.

Do you have the rest of that fight? By the way...heat vision vs relatives fights with Kryptonians and kryptonian like beings are their kryptonite. Do you have any other examples?

Unfortunately thats the entire encounter. Darn shame seeing as though it was supposed to be a pretty dramatic confrontation. SMH.

-Pr-
@dmills.

Gladiator isn't kryptonian.

dmills
Originally posted by leonidas
i assume just classic anny w/rod? i'd say probably anny, but i could see glads taking some. as far as glads' wins--he beat hyperion cleanly. he may not be high herald, but he's had some high herald showings and is pretty close. his stalemate of supreme was also a good showing.

I was speaking of 616 stuff only. Good stuff nonetheless though.

dmills

That's a fresh turd that he pulled from right outta his butt cheeks. Gotta hand it to him for creativity though lol.

carver9
Lol...what I spoke is the truth. Gladiator had her helmed up though.

-Pr-
Lol...what I spoke is the truth. Gladiator had her helmed up though.

carver9

Lol...they are kryptonian "like" though which is my point. Everything involving Gladiator is basically similar to the kryptonian race...even his weakness.

cdtm
Originally posted by Scoobless
Who is Vergil?

Dantes brother, From Devil May Cry 3, and I think he's also in 4.

quanchi112
Lol...they are kryptonian "like" though which is my point. Everything involving Gladiator is basically similar to the kryptonian race...even his weakness. So he gets a powerup if he flies through the sun ?

dmills
So he gets a powerup if he flies through the sun ?

laughing out loud

carver9

confused

I think so. He crushed a planet after swimming through a star.

quanchi112
confused

I think so. He crushed a planet after swimming through a star. erm

iceman24567
I'm confused no expression

carver9
I was just playing. They don't have to be identical in order to be exact copies of the other. We all know that Gladiator and Superman have similar qualities...90% of everything involving them are about the same minus Gladiator being physically above Supes but that is another story.

iceman24567
LOL carver will never change laughing

-Pr-

laughing out loud

carver9
OMG

Bentley
Quan laying the smack down.

@Carver: erm

meep-meep

laughing

Don Corleone
confused

I think so. He crushed a planet after swimming through a star.

Wow ! You have a scan of this ?

-Pr-
I fail to see where there's any indication of him being immune to energy attacks. Vulcan? No. Vulcan just didn't use powerful enough energy.

carver9
He tanked a blast from Binary...Quasar was unable to damage him...Masterson shot him directly with his anti blast and it did nothing...he was shot by some Centurians and it did nothing...human torch went Nova on him...Vulcan was shocked that Gladiator was flying through his attack...etc, etc, etc...

Energy attacks doesn't go so well against Glads...this has been shown in almost all of his fights. Nova absorbed his heat vision and sent it back at him a hundred folds and Gladiator was still awake...pissed but still awake.

-Pr-
He tanked a blast from Binary...Quasar was unable to damage him...Masterson shot him directly with his anti blast and it did nothing...he was shot by some Centurians and it did nothing...human torch went Nova on him...Vulcan was shocked that Gladiator was flying through his attack...etc, etc, etc...

Energy attacks doesn't go so well against Glads...this has been shown in almost all of his fights. Nova absorbed his heat vision and sent it back at him a hundred folds and Gladiator was still awake...pissed but still awake.

That just means he's resistant, like a lot of heralds. It's not proof of immunity.

carver9
That just means he's resistant, like a lot of heralds. It's not proof of immunity.

I don't think he is immune either but I think it would take a high end amount of power to take him out of a fight since Heralds were unable to do it by blasting.

-Pr-
I don't think he is immune either but I think it would take a high end amount of power to take him out of a fight since Heralds were unable to do it by blasting.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt on what you said, I don't see how that makes him undamageable by Annihilus.

carver9
Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt on what you said, I don't see how that makes him undamageable by Annihilus.

Annihilus is a blaster which would be useless in this battle which would lead to his only option being a fist fight. I don't think I have to go further with this...you get my point.

Tyrant...someone who was running through Heralds like candy. He is a legit high end skyfather...I see him as higher due to his showing against big G. Well, Tyrant had to blast Gladiator twice and the two times he did blast him, it failed...so he relied on his fist.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/370/13175933ub9.jpg/

Annihilus isn't winning this fight.

carver9
That was the second blast that I posted.

carver9
Binary is pretty much a legit mid to high Herald power wise looking at her showings. Glads tanks her blast like it wasn't even touching him.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/60603030cg2.jpg/

-Pr-
Tyrant didn't fail. no expression

Nihilist
Whatever. My point still stands as truth. You missout the entire context of Annihilus being weakened by the Galactus blast, so you have no real point.

carver9
Tyrant didn't fail. no expression

Lol...it fatigued Glads but it didn't drop him. Tyrant blasted him twice. The other blast took place off panel before the scan I presented above.

-Pr-
You assume Annihilus doesn't have the power output to hurt someone like Gladiator. I really think you're lowballing him here.

cdtm
You assume Annihilus doesn't have the power output to hurt someone like Gladiator. I really think you're lowballing him here.

If we're talking Annihilation Annihilus, he should definitely be able to hurt Glads..

Pre Annihilation, I'm not so sure about. I read this one FF comic where Thing shrugs off his weapon, and knocks him around with three of four punches..

-Pr-
Sin didn't specify, so it would be the most recent version we use. Was that not Annihilation?

carver9
He would hurt him but it wouldn't be enough to drop him imo. I think his blasting power would be enough to make Glads feel pain but the damage would be minimum.

Nihilist
lol at carvers lowballin, Annihilus was wtf pwn Quasar and Nova prime together and that was before he got the qbands.

quanchi112
He would hurt him but it wouldn't be enough to drop him imo. I think his blasting power would be enough to make Glads feel pain but the damage would be minimum. Despite the fact the eldest one easily snapped his arm, masterson thor almost killed him for crying out loud, and the hulk left him defenseless after redirecting his own hypervision ? Yeah, Annihilus wins.

Nihilist
Despite the fact the eldest one easily snapped his arm, masterson thor almost killed him for crying out loud, and the hulk left him defenseless after redirecting his own hypervision ? Yeah, Annihilus wins. And he had to call in help when Black Bolt was beating on him during WOK

Sin I AM
Sin didn't specify, so it would be the most recent version we use. Was that not Annihilation?

As per forum rules its the Annilitation version sans quantum bands.....i have not seen him in any current appearances except F4, owning Reed with Johnnys uniform

carver9
Despite the fact the eldest one easily snapped his arm, masterson thor almost killed him for crying out loud, and the hulk left him defenseless after redirecting his own hypervision ? Yeah, Annihilus wins.

We already discussed this... I don't feel anything wrong towards what happened with the eldest one since he was amped by an entire freaking planet worth of beings. Don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Masterson...not angry at that either since Masterson was getting annihilated by Gladiator and had to resort to a sneak attack that made Gladiator body go limp. He was basically pounding on a fightless body. Good job Masterson. I wonder why he couldn't do that when it was a face to face fight. Wonderman did better than him against Gladiator and he got punched to the core of the planet.

There were so many circumstances involving the Hulk vs Gladiator fight that its ridiculous. Thanos got his heart snatched out by Drax.

By the way, Hulk can beat Annihilus as well.

Gladiator 8/10. Energy attacks does nothing to him and without that Annihilus gets overpowered.

-Pr-
We already discussed this... I don't feel anything wrong towards what happened with the eldest one since he was amped by an entire freaking planet worth of beings. Don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Masterson...not angry at that either since Masterson was getting annihilated by Gladiator and had to resort to a sneak attack that made Gladiator body go limp. He was basically pounding on a fightless body. Good job Masterson. I wonder why he couldn't do that when it was a face to face fight. Wonderman did better than him against Gladiator and he got punched to the core of the planet.

There were so many circumstances involving the Hulk vs Gladiator fight that its ridiculous. Thanos got his heart snatched out by Drax.

Gladiator 8/10. Energy attacks does nothing to him and without that Annihilus gets overpowered.

thanos & drax =/= gladiator & anyone, really.

lol @ energy attacks doing nothing. come on now.

Sin I AM

Energy attacks does nothing to him

You have proof of this?

carver9
thanos & drax =/= gladiator & anyone, really.

lol @ energy attacks doing nothing. come on now.

It causes him pain depending on the person that is blasting him but it doesn't drop him or even show signs of taking him out of a fight.

carver9
This is from Masterson.

It hurts but it bounced off of him...Masterson is a legit High Herald. In this same fight...he did stun Gladiator with a sneak attack from living lightning. If Annihilus could do the same, he could pull off the same tactic Masterson did.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/503/40072776mz5.jpg/

carver9
This is Vulcan and let's remember, before this, Vulcan was melting Shiar Super Humans with just a wave of his hands.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/355/89200274nk8.jpg/

carver9
Human Torch going Nova on him...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/527/novaej3.jpg/

I'm not posting anymore fts like this because its pretty much clear cut.

Annihilus is losing this.

Sin I AM
hmmmm....The Vulcan one i'll give you, though i think it was more disbelief not being able to casually dismiss Glads and his lack of using significant power to dispatch him that allowed the tanking

The masterson scene is more akin to his fighting skills (or lack thereof)as opposed to kallark somehow being immune to energy attacks

I believe your confusing resistance with immunity

-Pr-
It causes him pain depending on the person that is blasting him but it doesn't drop him or even show signs of taking him out of a fight.

Unless it's powerful enough; which it can be coming from someone like Annihilus.

Masterson admits it was a stupid attack.

Vulcan? The same Vulcan that got smacked around by the X-Men? Fighting the same Shiar that really have little to no feats to speak of?

re: Nova-blast. He tanked a "city block" destroying blast. Not that impressive, really.

You're using average feats but dressing them up with big words to try and make them seem like more than they are. As usual.

facepalm

carver9
I never said he is immune and everything doesn't have to blow up a planet for it not to be a destructive force of nature. Just because nova blast didn't annihilate a planet doesn't mean that it wasn't powerful or any of the other scans that I presented.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Really Carver? This is asinine. The argument is also destroyed the moment any amount of research is done.

Perhaps the best part about this is that he referenced the fights with Nova, Tyrant, Masterson etc. which quite clearly show he's not immune to energy attacks. They work quite well if enough power is applied, like with every character.

I'm sorry but you're just being a f*cking idiot Carver. No two ways about it.

dmills
The problem with your argument is that the same applies for a lot of high end durability characters.

For example...

Tanks the cheapshot blast with no problem.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1315272315066.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1315380615281.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1315380656665.jpg

Nova > Energy attacks.

Hey I could get used to arguing asinine positions lol.

-Pr-
I never said he is immune and everything doesn't have to blow up a planet for it not to be a destructive force of nature. Just because nova blast didn't annihilate a planet doesn't mean that it wasn't powerful or any of the other scans that I presented.

It has to be destructively on par with Annihilus if you want to show that he can resist said character's attacks. It's called comparing.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmmm....The Vulcan one i'll give you, though i think it was more disbelief not being able to casually dismiss Glads and his lack of using significant power to dispatch him that allowed the tanking

The masterson scene is more akin to his fighting skills (or lack thereof)as opposed to kallark somehow being immune to energy attacks

I believe your confusing resistance with immunity

Uh huh...I never said he was immune. He is HIGHLY resistant. Look at the Binary scan as well. I can post these type of scans for days.

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Really Carver? This is asinine. The argument is also destroyed the moment any amount of research is done.

Perhaps the best part about this is that he referenced the fights with Nova, Tyrant, Masterson etc. which quite clearly show he's not immune to energy attacks. They work quite well if enough powerful is applied, like with every character.

I'm sorry but you're just being a f*cking idiot Carver. No two ways about it.

Ouch.

dmills
Uh huh...I never said he was immune. He is HIGHLY resistant. Look at the Binary scan as well. I can post these type of scans for days.

But most mid-high heralds are. It's nothing exclusive to Glads.

carver9
But most mid-high heralds are. It's nothing exclusive to Glads.

You probably could but its rare to find energy attacks harming him...if at all. This is a guy that smiles at solar system destroying blasts.

Sin I AM

Hmm, friendly advice. The fault lies in you debating ability, you do a lot of low-balling then once proven wrong, backtracking (see above^). Personally, i believe that Gladiator has a great chance chance at beating Annihilus i just dont believe he has the ability to take a significant majority.

IMO

Speed - Kal (heres y, ftl feats in space + on terran soil)

Strength - Ann (dispatched nova AND quasar effortlessly a feat Kal could NOT duplicate)

Durability - Even ( difficult to gauge i say they were about even, imo neither would have survive the Herald Ny Rage blast unaided)

Fight Ability - Even ( as there is nothing that suggests that either have an advantage over the other.)

Stamina - Ann (heres y, full confidence "myth" aside, i dont foresee Gladiator lasting long in a drawn out slug match and once that confidence wanes IMO he will begin to lose, but i may be lowballing here since its not too clear just how his psionically fueled powers work. One instance he's tanking blasts and making short work of people, the second he's owned. Until they flesh his powers out more maybe give him a mini that further develops his abilities i'll stick with annihilus.

senses, reflexes, intelligence are even enough to warrant noexplanation..the only other catergory is energy projection which ann gets the nod for obvious reasons

as it stands they are pretty evenly matched with exceptions on energy projection

carver9
Fighting two Heralds isn't anything new...Gladiator was taking on both Quasar AND Blackbolt and was actually winning until he was bfred by the dog.

Sin I AM
Fighting two Heralds isn't anything new...Gladiator was taking on both Quasar AND Blackbolt and was actually winning until he was bfred by the dog.

Hmmm i remeber the fight i believe you are embellishing a bit

carver9
Hmmm i remeber the fight i believe you are embellishing a bit

He didn't have an advantage against both but he was holding his own until BB whispered in his ear and that's when he was bfred.

iceman24567
During WOK Bolt had the upperhand against Gladz

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
During WOK Bolt had the upperhand against Gladz

From the way it looks, I honestly believe Gladiator fears BB. He is always trying to avoid him...kinda like Sentry does as well. Blackbolt is dangerous.

Mshinu
From the way it looks, I honestly believe Gladiator fears BB. He is always trying to avoid him...kinda like Sentry does as well. Blackbolt is dangerous.

I think they just don`t dare to piss off his wife wink

dmills
Annihilus is one of those characters -like the Hulk- that if you're facing off with him you'd better be prepared to go 12 rounds. Glads, as powerful as he is, isn't that guy. I've used the Mike Tyson analogy to describe him before. Big, scary intimidating and hits really hard. But if you make it past round 5, he loses a lot of his mojo. Nothing illustrates that better then his fights with Nova and Masterson Thor imo.

Annihilus won't have any confidence issues to start the match, he's going to try and kill Glads from the word go. So unless Glads can drop him quickly, I see that bug beating him in any prolonged confrontation.

quanchi112

Gladiator 8/10. Energy attacks does nothing to him and without that Annihilus gets overpowered. That's the eldest being's powers just like Mangog is fueled by an entire race. LoL.

In a fight there is no such thing as a sneak attack and the attack is irrelevant Gladiator was almost destroyed/killed by a noob's attacks with the hammer showing he's not that durable as you proclaim.

That Hulk would be raped by Annihilus and he was trying to kill the Hulk. Try picking up the comic and actually reading it. Thanos had his back turned and Drax is created to kill Thanos. All stated in the comic, carvey.

His own hypervision owned him with one blast so saying energy attacks don't hurt him is lying. Carver try and make sense for once you have no real points.

Prep-Man
Annihilus.

carver9
Annihilus is one of those characters -like the Hulk- that if you're facing off with him you'd better be prepared to go 12 rounds. Glads, as powerful as he is, isn't that guy. I've used the Mike Tyson analogy to describe him before. Big, scary intimidating and hits really hard. But if you make it past round 5, he loses a lot of his mojo. Nothing illustrates that better then his fights with Nova and Masterson Thor imo.

Annihilus won't have any confidence issues to start the match, he's going to try and kill Glads from the word go. So unless Glads can drop him quickly, I see that bug beating him in any prolonged confrontation.

I agree with what you have said and that is Gladiator downfall as a character. He has all that power but he kind of lose hope when a fight last longer than what is expected of him.

You have a good point...the point is so good that I might change my vote.

Hhhhhmmmm

Sin I AM
I agree with what you have said and that is Gladiator downfall as a character. He has all that power but he kind of lose hope when a fight last longer than what is expected of him.

You have a good point...the point is so good that I might change my vote.

Hhhhhmmmm

finally lol u see reason...very proud of u young man

carver9
That's the eldest being's powers just like Mangog is fueled by an entire race. LoL.

In a fight there is no such thing as a sneak attack and the attack is irrelevant Gladiator was almost destroyed/killed by a noob's attacks with the hammer showing he's not that durable as you proclaim.

That Hulk would be raped by Annihilus and he was trying to kill the Hulk. Try picking up the comic and actually reading it. Thanos had his back turned and Drax is created to kill Thanos. All stated in the comic, carvey.

His own hypervision owned him with one blast so saying energy attacks don't hurt him is lying. Carver try and make sense for once you have no real points.

What was your point bringing up Mangog? He is a beast as well.

It is a such thing as a sneak attack when you are beaten and have your opponent standing over you laughing because he is superior and then you back stab him with living lightning.

Hulk would own Annihilus.

Thanos got his heart snatched out by a weaker version of Drax.

His hypervision is hotter than stars...of course its going to hurt him if it is redirected towards his brain.

Quan...practice debating before stepping my way. You have never won a debate against me and this will never change.

Sin I AM

what makes u think this?

-Pr-
What was your point bringing up Mangog? He is a beast as well.

It is a such thing as a sneak attack when you are beaten and have your opponent standing over you laughing because he is superior and then you back stab him with living lightning.

Thanos got his heart snatched out by a weaker version of Drax.

His hypervision is hotter than stars...of course its going to hurt him if it is redirected towards his brain.

Quan...practice debating before stepping my way. You have never won a debate against me and this will never change.

Why oh why do you keep bringing up Thanos and Drax?

carver9
what makes u think this?

Minus energy drain...Annihilus would be hard pressed at getting Hulk off of him. Hulk would easily over power him when the fight does get up close and personal and he would get overwhelmed.

carver9
Why oh why do you keep bringing up Thanos and Drax?

Because he keeps bringing up the eldest one when he knew that involved circumstances. I asked him let's get off of the topic because it isn't going anywhere but Quan is being Quan.

-Pr-
Because he keeps bringing up the eldest one when he knew that involved circumstances. I asked him let's get off of the topic because it isn't going anywhere but Quan is being Quan.

They aren't nearly the same thing, though.

carver9
They aren't nearly the same thing, though.

Lol...I know but usually when I bring it up, Quan stop responding to my post but for some strange reason, it isn't working this time. What we are debating about is pointless, we are basically going in circles.

Sin I AM
Minus energy drain...Annihilus would be hard pressed at getting Hulk off of him. Hulk would easily over power him when the fight does get up close and personal and he would get overwhelmed.

and you base this on what?.....energy drain is all he needs
....hulks only saving grace is his strength, so do u feel he would do the same to glads, supes, norrin?

carver9
and you base this on what?.....energy drain is all he needs
....hulks only saving grace is his strength, so do u feel he would do the same to glads, supes, norrin?

Let's not go there.

Sin I AM
Let's not go there.

concession accepted

carver9
concession accepted

No conception at all. It seems that when people quote me, they always have to include Superman.

-Pr-
No conception at all. It seems that when people quote me, they always have to include Superman.

hysterical

Well, maybe if you buy her flowers...

carver9
hysterical

Well, maybe if you buy her flowers...

Me and her are sitting on the couch together right now debating against each other.

-Pr-
Me and her are sitting on the couch together right now debating against each other.

And no conception? Damn. You need to get your game sorted.

dmills
laughing out loud Carver's words betrayed his thoughts there. He must really want some Sin lol.

Philosophía
No conception at all. It seems that when people quote me, they always have to include Superman. Somewhere, a baby panda just shed a tear.

carver9
And no conception? Damn. You need to get your game sorted.

Lol...

Mshinu
This fight ends with Glads eating his own hohawk. He does put up a good fight at first tho. Big Bad Bug ftw.

-Pr-
laughing out loud Carver's words betrayed his thoughts there. He must really want some Sin lol.

I'm just amazed that sitting beside someone that i'm going to assume is relatively attractive means the first thing he wants to do is discuss comics.

Priorities.

dmills
I'm just amazed that sitting beside someone that i'm going to assume is relatively attractive means the first thing he wants to do is discuss comics.

Priorities.

Hey who knows, some people might get off on that kind of thing. "Ohhhh yeah, talk dirty to me, tell me about Annihilus baby!"

-Pr-
Hey who knows, some people might get off on that kind of thing. "Ohhhh yeah, talk dirty to me, tell me about Annihilus baby!"

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, in that outside of role-play or yelling "Shazam!" at the right moment, I just don't include comics in my sex-life.

carver9
Lol...I would enjoy if you all stopped discussing me and Sin personal life...lol.

-Pr-
Lol...I would enjoy if you all stopped discussing me and Sin personal life...lol.

Oh, so it's true then? Interesting...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>