Who would be hardest for Marvel Earth to deal with...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Who would be the hardest for Marvel Earth to deal with (stop) if they became evil (permanently turned into a villian) and started to abuse their power (stopped holding back against enemies)?

1) Superman...
2) Thor...
3) Doctor Strange...
4) The Silver Surfer...

Bentley
JJ Jameson.

Sin I AM
strange..........unleashed he is above them all

Uriel005
^ Yeah strange using black magic and demon contracts makes surfer look feeble especially considering sorcerer supreme slot is technically still open to him.

TheLordofMurder
Dam...

Doctor Strange in a landslide thus far...

I am shocked the others havent gotten a few votes given how insane some of their high end feats have been...

Power Cosmic II
Strange by far. Doom would immediately perceive the threat and try to rally others, I would think.

Superman...there's enough heavy hitters on earth to stall him until Reed learns that he's susceptible to an element from an alternate dimension and finds a way to synthesize kryptonite.

Thor...I mean Stark now finds Odin in a bottle of alcohol it would be quite easy to have Odin come and restrain his son.

SS...same thing as Thor. Have Reed call Galactus and SS is drained of the power cosmic. Or have doom attach his harness and take the PC away from Norrin. Then Reed takes care of Doom before he can abuse the power.

JakeTheBank
Squirrel Girl.

Mshinu
Are there any earth based "good" magicans that could oppose Strange? Seems to me most of marvel`s magic using heavies are evil or at least in the darker grey area.

JakeTheBank
Well, if the hype behind Wiccan lives up, possibly him.

rotiart
Strange spent his whole career stopping dormammu, shuma gorath, etc form entering our dimension... If he decides to help.... Nothing Thor, surfer, or superman does is even close to comparable....

Hell strange grabbed all his artifacts and went to face off with Adam warlock while had he the infinity gauntlet.... When Adam had it he was beating down on celestials and abstracts!!

TheHulk
Strange for all we know will make Earth vanish into thin air..

Newjak
Well does Marvel earth get Thor if he isn't the one becoming a villian cause I could see Thor giving Strange a magical run for his money with his hammer.

Overall though I would say Strange because he has the feats, plus the craftiness to make everyone's life a living hell

Black bolt z
Strange. Easily.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by rotiart
Strange spent his whole career stopping dormammu, shuma gorath, etc form entering our dimension... If he decides to help.... Nothing Thor, surfer, or superman does is even close to comparable....

You know, you are right...

Imagine if Strange simply decided to just let those guys (Dormmy and Shuma) and their hordes enter Marvel Earth unopposed; all hell would break out on a planetary scale...literally.

You'd need several pantheons of Skyfathers (bare minimum) to contain such madness...

I agree with you...

Doctor Strange would definitely be the most difficult to deal with were he to become evil...

rotiart
Ignoring strange though? I'll go with Thor for being the second toughest to stop. With surfer you can possibly switch to a scientific solution but magic can be a difficult deus ex machina

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Strange. Easily. he sucks now, remember?

surfer calls in galactus

vansonbee
My list from most difficult to handle:
1. Strange
2. Silver Surfer
3. Thor
4. Superman

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Thor.
2. Superman.
3. Silver Surfer.
4. Current Strange.
Strange spent his whole career stopping dormammu, shuma gorath, etc form entering our dimension... If he decides to help.... Nothing Thor, surfer, or superman does is even close to comparable....!

You must be joking.

rotiart
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Thor.
2. Superman.
3. Silver Surfer.
4. Current Strange.

You must be joking.

No

rotiart
Sorry I was going by high feats. Yes currently strange has been undone and superman is rebooted...

That still doesn't mean strange can't open the gates to he'll on earth

Rage.Of.Olympus
No

So you really believe that Thor/Superman have never done anything even comparable to "stopping dormammu, shuma gorath, etc form entering our dimension"?

That's just ignorant.

zopzop
Rage quick question, aside from Mephisto, what high end God/Demon has Thor gone up against?

rotiart
So you really believe that Thor/Superman have never done anything even comparable to "stopping dormammu, shuma gorath, etc form entering our dimension"?

That's just ignorant.

So you are saying every single opponent of thors average opponents matches up against hat strange deals with on a daily basis?

Doubtful

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Rage quick question, aside from Mephisto, what high end God/Demon has Thor gone up against?

Surtur if you consider him a high end demon/god type...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Surtur if you consider him a high end demon/god type...

AH! Thank you LoM. How could I have forgotten Surtur.

IMHO, Strange (classic) would be the hardest being to deal with. Like someone else said, if he really wanted to, he could make 616 reality a battleground for every Elder God, Demon and other Cosmic Horror out there.

Simbon

That's just ignorant.

It's not that the others haven't kept crazy entities imprisoned/at bay, but that Strange has the tools to actively unleash those creatures on earth in a way that the others do not.

JakeTheBank
I'd imagine even current Strange could broker his soul or make other pacts with evil entities to unleash hell on Earth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you are saying every single opponent of thors average opponents matches up against hat strange deals with on a daily basis?

Doubtful

1. What?

2. That's not what you said, stop backtracking. According to you, nothing Thor/Superman have done is comparable to ""stopping dormammu, shuma gorath, etc form entering our dimension", which is untrue.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Simbon
It's not that the others haven't kept crazy entities imprisoned/at bay, but that Strange has the tools to actively unleash those creatures on earth in a way that the others do not.

That's the problem. According to him they haven't kept powerful entities at bay or stopped disasters of that magnitude.

I'm also not sure how Strange would go about unleashing forces beyond what the others could. As I understand it, he's lost much of his power and status. Even his main backers the Vishanti have disbanded. I'm sure he could still find away to break Dormammu or Gorath out of his dimension eventually but that's no different from Thor releasing Surtur or something.

Surtur, Mephisto, Umar, Pluto, Hela, Demorgoge, Glory, Zeus, Odin, Loki with Dormammu's power etc.

Space M ummy

IMHO, Strange (classic) would be the hardest being to deal with. Like someone else said, if he really wanted to, he could make 616 reality a battleground for every Elder God, Demon and other Cosmic Horror out there.

true, but Surfer could just as easily cause the sun to go nova, or wreck the planet's core and cause earth to explode. VERY few heroes or villains are in any shape to stop those kinds of attacks.

There's another scan in the respect thread of surfer eliminating a virus from every living thing on the planet at a molecular level (imagine this feat in reverse- surfer screws with the molecular structure of everything alive at once)

and another where surfer literally evolves a planet to death.

Earth vs. a pissed off herald would last a couple of minutes, at best.

zopzop
Surtur, Mephisto, Umar, Pluto, Hela, Demorgoge, Glory, Zeus, Odin, Loki with Dormammu's power etc.

Ah I was thinking beat or held his own. But thanks for the list.

Vs Zeus, Odin, Demogorge, and Surtur : he never beat and had no chance against

Vs Mephisto and Umar : he stalemated

Vs Hela and Pluto : he beat

Vs Glory : he had help no?

I forgot how the Loki w/ Dormammu's power fight went down.

But in Thor's defense, Strange was also no match for : Zeus, Odin, Dormammu, and Surtur. Strange couldn't put down Pluto or Loki. Has Strange gone up against Hela? Going by common foes (Pluto and Loki), Thor >>>>Strange when it comes to dealing with mystic threats.

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

@Space M ummy...

Surfer doing that would be very nasty and such plantary feats performed by him are impressive, but even that is not on the same level as opening the gates to the many "hells" out there that Strange could very well open portals to...

Space M ummy
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

@Space M ummy...

Surfer doing that would be very nasty and such plantary feats performed by him are impressive, but even that is not on the same level as opening the gates to the many "hells" out there that Strange could very well open portals to...

eh, earth's been overrun with demons before and survived. Remember Inferno?

There's enough high end beings around that are capable of and interested in stopping that kind of assault- or at least slow it down so it takes a while.

Keep in mind that some of the more powerful elder gods (say, cyttorak) are kept where they are by forces more powerful than strange, and he doesn't have the ability to just "command" Cthon or whatever to show up and wreck shit.

edit: Hellstrom and the various Ghost Riders would probably be very interested in keeping a demonic invasion from happening...

BattleMage
rolling on floor laughing @ the two who picked Superman laughing out loud

rotiart
Strange spent his whole career stopping dormammu, shuma gorath, etc form entering our dimension... !!

The thing I was comparing was their careers. Not singular actions. Tefact that you want to make this about when when I'm clarifying my statement was about the other is absurd.

And fine. If you want to take my phrasing in the way that best takes the stick out of your bum, when has thor singlehanded stopped an entity like huma gorath from entering our dimension. Cause I'm sire you have one scan you are dying to show when my point was supposed to be about their careers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ah I was thinking beat or held his own. But thanks for the list.

Vs Zeus, Odin, Demogorge, and Surtur : he never beat and had no chance against

No prob.

Depends on what fights you're referring to. He's held his own against Zeus, and has done alright against Surtur/Odin. He was always greatly outclassed against Demogorge but his spirit did resist being consumed:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/WithstandAtum1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/WithstandAtum2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/WithstandAtum3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/WithstandAtum4.jpg

This may not seem like much, but seeing as how all the Hell Lords and the other Pantheon Champions weren't a problem, it should be pretty impressive. In another instance, he also temporarily took control of the Demogorge through sheer force of will, which is also impressive:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8257/atum1.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/955/atum2.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4944/atum3.jpg
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7865/atum4.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2474/atum5.jpg

Vs Mephisto and Umar : he stalemated

To be fair, he didn't really beat Umar, she feigned defeat.

Vs Glory : he had help no?

Depends. Near the conclusion of the first fight, Glory's psychic power wore down Thor but a woman's prayer reignited his hope. In the second fight, it was Becky/Blake praying to God that defeated Glory in the end but at the same time Glory was being directly amped by the Chaos King.

I forgot how the Loki w/ Dormammu's power fight went down.

IIRC, Thor was clearly outpowered by the combined might of Loki/Dormamu but he did alright under the circumstances. I'd have to re-read the fight before going into more detail. Aside from how it ended, it's a bit of a blur.

psycho gundam
Surtur, Mephisto, Umar, Pluto, Hela, Demorgoge, Glory, Zeus, Odin, Loki with Dormammu's power etc. you forgot hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
The thing I was comparing was their careers. Not singular actions. Tefact that you want to make this about when when I'm clarifying my statement was about the other is absurd.

And fine. If you want to take my phrasing in the way that best takes the stick out of your bum, when has thor singlehanded stopped an entity like huma gorath from entering our dimension. Cause I'm sire you have one scan you are dying to show when my point was supposed to be about their careers.

Clarifying? More like backtracking. Your statement was pretty straight forward. And let's not pretend Strange beats a Universal entity everyday after his morning tea.

What other conclusion could I have reached based on your statement? If you had pointed out that you didn't mean what you wrote or something, I'd have shrugged and dropped it.

Superman/Thor have various instances where they have stopped disasters that would have posed a threat to the Universe/Dimension or what have you. For example, Superman/OWAW or Thor/Atlantis Attacks and so on.

Strange hasn't dealt with threats bigger in scope than Thor/Superman which is what your post implied. You even went so far as to say it wasn't even close to comparable. Strange once helped stop Zom? Thor once helped save the Multiverse etc. That's my main point.

rotiart
Clarifying? More like backtracking. Your statement was pretty straight forward. And let's not pretend Strange beats a Universal entity everyday after his morning tea.

What other conclusion could I have reached based on your statement? If you had pointed out that you didn't mean what you wrote or something, I'd have shrugged and dropped it.

Superman/Thor have various instances where they have stopped disasters that would have posed a threat to the Universe/Dimension or what have you. For example, Superman/OWAW or Thor/Atlantis Attacks and so on.

Strange hasn't dealt with threats bigger in scope than Thor/Superman which is what your post implied. You even went so far as to say it wasn't even close to comparable. Strange once helped stop Zom? Thor once helped save the Multiverse etc. That's my main point.

No

Rage.Of.Olympus
No

Can't argue with that logic.

rotiart
Can't argue with that logic.

:-)

Sundipped
Thor >>>>Strange when it comes to dealing with mystic threats.

Nah I wouldn't say that. Strange has dealt with threats of the same magnitude mystical and otherwise.

Bouboumaster
The obvious choice is: non of the above. It would be Reed Richards.

h1a8
Doctor Strange would be. But Superman would be up there since an evil Superman would be using his speed at fullest extent.

janus77
Bruce Banner > Reed Richards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.