2011 Rugby Union World Cup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
Anyone been watching any of the champonships? Been some great Rugby, some really entertaining ties.

Just about to watch France Vs Canada...

Come on Canada!

Flameback
Great stuff so far. I really enjoyed Ireland's upset of Australia. I actually like both teams but it just shows anyone can take it.

I believe Italy vs. Russia next. Should be another good match.

majid86
Australia or South Africa will wins the whole thing, while New Zealand will choke as always

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Flameback
Great stuff so far. I really enjoyed Ireland's upset of Australia. I actually like both teams but it just shows anyone can take it.

I believe Italy vs. Russia next. Should be another good match. The Ireland win shook up the draw nicely. Looks like it could be 4 northern hemisphere teams in one of the half of the draw and 4 southern in the other. (I reckon Argentina have been playing better rugby than Scotland... but we'll see.)

parenthesis
New Zealand to win it. The athleticism and determination of that team is scary.

Lord Shadow Z
I've been enjoying it too, although some of the early mornings were a bit difficult. Wales vs SA was brilliant to watch and Ireland really took Australia on and won, which was not much of a surprise to me because when Ireland are firing they play good stuff.

England's games have been a bit of a struggle but when you look at their group and see they have three teams that are seriously physical so it's no surprise the way the games have gone in this group compared to other groups, who have more open, expressive teams. The game against Scotland will be a lot more open I think.

I'm not yet sure who will win the cup because it's still difficult to guage every teams best starting line-ups so I'll probably hold on predictions myself.

colossulrage

I believe Italy vs. Russia next. Should be another good match. GAY!

Flameback
Originally posted by colossulrage
GAY! Nope. I'm not but flattered that you're interested. wink

colossulrage
Nope. I'm not but flattered that you're interested. wink with a name like flameback how could i not????????????

Lord Shadow Z
Phew!! England cut it close against Scotland with that Ashton try, suffice to say I was very nervous throughout. Scotland were trying to kick every drop goal or penalty they could get, and they nearly had a try in the corner. Wilkinson didn't have a very good game kicking-wise but his defence and running play was good. I don't think Matt Stevens should be selected for the next game either because it doesn't appear he can hold the scrum together very well.

I still can't believe Scotland lost against Argentina, they should have used the pick and drive instead of going for unneeded drop goals in that game. Thinking ahead for them if Georgia keep it tight and get 8 points ahead against Argentina then Scotland will still hope but it's not looking likely, although Georgia's coach is a Scot so maybe he'll get them revved up.

I'm not predicting England vs France so I'm not going to put my foot in my mouth there. The French could be inspired and blitz us so we've got to be careful.

§P0oONY
England all the way in the QF as far as I'm concerned. For every England fault the French have half a dozen. The French were shocking today... the worst I have seen any of the Six Nation teams play in a very, very long time.

Bicnarok
England are out haha. Looks like an all black french final thensmile

T.M
It is going to be close but I think Wales could beat France. The All Blacks have quite a few injuries so it's not going to be easy for them either.

Should be two cracking semi finals. Hoping for a Wales Vs. All Blacks final.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.