Face Turn!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
We've seen threads asking which heroes would cause the most problems if they turned bad, but what about the opposite side of the coin? Which of these villains would benefit humanity or the universe as a whole the most if they permanently sided with the forces of good?

Dr. Doom
Darkseid
Thanos
Lex Luthor
Loki
Cyborg Superman

Feel free to add your own nominees.

Cogito
I gotta go with Darkseid...not because of him but his New God tech is just too good. Mother Boxes for everyone wink

I suppose by that rationale though, I'd have to go with the write in: Metron. He may not be a bad guy, but he's not really a good guy either.

OneDumbG0
^ Orion and Miracle Man and basically all of the New Gods like Highfather would have that claim then. Darkseid turning face would be nothing but a Highfather clone, i.e., not much.

Thanos tried his face turn and didn't do crap in a year-long series. He even helped Annihilus wreck the universe with his bumbling crapitude. Loki has had various face turns and is going through a face turn as we speak -- nothing that seems on the level of how a potential Doom face turn would turn out (unless he turns the tide in both the Galactus Seed and Fear Itself storylines). Henshaw's too worried about jobber Supergirl matching his physical performances to merit any consideration. Luthor admitting that he wants to be Superman ruined the character forever (thank god for the reboot).

Doom's the only choice here.

Cogito
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Orion and Miracle Man and basically all of the New Gods like Highfather would have that claim then. Darkseid turning face would be nothing but a Highfather clone, i.e., not much.

Thanos tried his face turn and didn't do crap in a year-long series. He even helped Annihilus wreck the universe with his bumbling crapitude. Loki has had various face turns and is going through a face turn as we speak -- nothing that seems on the level of how a potential Doom face turn would turn out (unless he turns the tide in both the Galactus Seed and Fear Itself storylines). Henshaw's too worried about jobber Supergirl matching his physical performances to merit any consideration. Luthor admitting that he wants to be Superman ruined the character forever (thank god for the reboot).

Doom's the only choice here.

Doom's a good choice, but he wouldn't contribute much different than Reid already is.

Darkseid turning good would not only allow him to use his considerable resources/tech to help the universe, but would enable the rest of the New Gods to give their attention to others as well rather than constantly facing off against 'Seid.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Cogito
Doom's a good choice, but he wouldn't contribute much different than Reid already is.

Darkseid turning good would not only allow him to use his considerable resources/tech to help the universe, but would enable the rest of the New Gods to give their attention to others as well rather than constantly facing off against 'Seid. just because he's good doesn't mean he loses his traits. Latveria is a veritable utopia that works. Also he is still infinitely more willing to use whatever he comes up with than Reed is.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Cogito

Darkseid turning good would not only allow him to use his considerable resources/tech to help the universe, but would enable the rest of the New Gods to give their attention to others as well rather than constantly facing off against 'Seid. Considering how Doom is already contributing to the Future Foundation in ways that Reed isn't and how his role in the Future Foundation is being foreshadowed, I doubt that.

I get your argument, but Doom enabling Reed > Darkseid enabling New Gods imo.

TheLordofMurder
Heres the thing...

When a bad guy turns good (truly good mind you), they lose a large portion of what makes them badass...

The character in question now will hold back, wont be as lethal or relentless, and so on and so on...

I personally would think Doom would be the answer here as well, BUT if he turns truly good, he wont be as ruthless or willing to kill and dominate his foes as before...

Doom essentially turns into Reed Richards; albeit perhaps with more attitude...

Bouboumaster
Thanos. And he was still a badass while helping the planet against Galactus

OneDumbG0
^ By begging for his life?

Lord Feron
Doom, think he would be like reed but more practical and would try and benefit the world alot more. There was a point where he does dream for a perfect world but this time it doesn't have to be under his iron fist ruling.

Amazo would be a great benefit to the world. Just send his ass in to spearhead any offense.

byrdgang21
I say DC Ares. In theory he should be able to end all war and start World Peace.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.