Wonderwoman vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Just a fight of skill. Diana gets hers sword and cap gets his shield. Both have even strength. Who wins?

Silent Master
Equal bodies, Cap wins.

-Pr-
Cap.

cdtm
Going with Diana.

She beat Amazons with thousands of years experience just to get the WW mantel..

Also, sword beats shield. Cap can't hide behind it forever, unless he just wants to turtle, in which case it becomes a stalemate.

-Pr-
I'd actually expect him to use the shield as an offensive weapon, tbh.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-

The OP only said even strength, but I was thinking human level stats.

Keep them at Caps level, and he has an edge, put him up to WW's level ,and she has an edge. Make them human level, and it somewhat evens out.. (IMO, anyways. Both get gimped enough where they can't do their usual routine, and have to adapt to human level strength..)

Silent Master
Cap is more skilled, so he's going to win an even bodies fight.

cdtm
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cap is more skilled, so he's going to win an even bodies fight.

More skilled based on?

I'm not saying WW is more skilled, exactly, but she did learn from immortal warrior women that spend all their time honing their skills, and beat these same women.

Plus, she has feats of going h2h with top tier martial artists using skill alone, like Black Canary.

Silent Master
Based on the last several decades of him fighting some of the best MA users in Marvel.

cdtm
Based on the last several decades of him fighting some of the best MA users in Marvel.

Well, yeah, he's low meta/high street level, so he would fight them.

As I said, WW trains with Black Canary using her skills alone. Black Canary was Lady Shiva's chosen protege, and did well against her, and I'd put Shiva up against Cap anyday. Or Black Canary, for that matter.

Not to mention, you're ignoring the fact WW learned from Amazons, as if they're not high level warriors themselves, or somehow inferior to the "best martial artists"..

Silent Master
Most of the MA users like Iron Fist, Dardevil, Black Panther etc in Marvel are also high end street...so it's not like Cap's stat advantage was very large.

Like say the difference in stats between Black Canary and WW.

cdtm
Most of the MA users like Iron Fist, Dardevil, Black Panther etc in Marvel are also high end street...so it's not like Cap's stat advantage was very large.

Like say the difference in stats between Black Canary and WW.

Danny Rand "should" have a stat edge on him, given some of the things he's pulled.. And he was pretty well exhausted when they fought, so that's not a good indication of where they stack up..

Anyways, WW was limiting her stats.

And again, Amazons. Race of warrior women, thousands of years of training and experience. She beat them in a tournament of skill, to become Wonder Woman.

Silent Master
WW holding back doesn't change the fact that she has superspeed and near Superman level durability/strength. Get back to me when WW does the same with around BC level stats.

And post some skill feats for the Amazons that WW beat.

Sin I AM

smokin'

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
The OP only said even strength, but I was thinking human level stats.

Keep them at Caps level, and he has an edge, put him up to WW's level ,and she has an edge. Make them human level, and it somewhat evens out.. (IMO, anyways. Both get gimped enough where they can't do their usual routine, and have to adapt to human level strength..)

I could agree with that i suppose.

Q99
WW holding back doesn't change the fact that she has superspeed and near Superman level durability/strength. Get back to me when WW does the same with around BC level stats.

What precisely is the practical difference between not having stats and not using them? She was operating at BC's level in those areas, that she has superhuman speed and strength hardly matters if she doesn't activate it.

---

I think cdtm's "they fight best at the level they're most used to," makes a lot of sense.

Silent Master
The stats are always active, they aren't like Superman's HV that he can turn on and off.

cdtm
Speedsters control speed all the time.

Or they'd be like Zolomon, and have trouble even interacting with normal people.

Silent Master
Post a quote or scene where WW says that she can turn her superspeed reactions off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not this again. Wonder Woman being as or better yet, more skilled than Captain America isn't an argument I can even take seriously. Up there with Gladiator having infinite power if he's confident enough.

Wonder Woman fans have yet to prove to me she's more skilled than Thor, personal opinions aside. Captain America? GTFO.

For the record, Wonder Woman was holding back her power against Black Canary but her abilities don't have an off switch. She was hitting Diana with the equivalent of love taps however, she should still posses innate superhuman stats and noticeably faster reaction time.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not this again. Wonder Woman being as or better yet, more skilled than Captain America isn't an argument I can even take seriously. Up there with Gladiator having infinite power if he's confident enough.

Wonder Woman fans have yet to prove to me she's more skilled than Thor, personal opinions aside. Captain America? GTFO.

For the record, Wonder Woman was holding back her power against Black Canary but her abilities don't have an off switch. She was hitting Diana with the equivalent of love taps however, she still posses innate superhuman stats such as noticeably faster reaction time.

Gladiator does have infinite strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
isn't an argument I can even take seriously.

Cogito
Originally posted by carver9
GTFO.

cdtm
I like how Rage and Silent Master keep ignoring the fact Wonder Woman beat her more experience Amazon sisters in skill, as if that's nothing.

-Pr-

You'd better be joking.

JakeTheBank
Diana is pretty damn skilled. Do her attributes help her in this? Sure, but it shouldn't take away from her skill level. Furthermore, Diana's skill in strictly hand-to-hand isn't what I'd put equal or greater than Batman or Captain America.

In equal bodies, Captain America should take it.

carver9
You'd better be joking.

Don't blame me...blame Reed.

Blame Nova and Charles Xavier files as well.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/354/glad2jf0.jpg/

Rage.Of.Olympus
I like how Rage and Silent Master keep ignoring the fact Wonder Woman beat her more experience Amazon sisters in skill, as if that's nothing.

I wish beating random long lived warriors in combat was as impressive as you think but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Wonder Woman like Thor is B-level compared to the streets like Captain America. All you have to do is read Diana's battles with Batman to realize that.

-Pr-
Don't blame me...blame Reed.

Blame Nova and Charles Xavier files as well.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/354/glad2jf0.jpg/

almost limitless =/= infinite.

If you're not going to back up your claims, I suggest you don't make them.

Daredevil1
Cap should take this. I could see WW giving him a go at times but Steve is one of the best and I doubt Diana could hold her own with Steve level stats against some of the Metas/bricks Cap has defeated.

Silent Master

Post skill showings for those Amazons.

Daredevil1
Going with Diana.

She beat Amazons with thousands of years experience just to get the WW mantel..

That doesn't always contribute to improvement skill. Thor/Herc have 1000 of years as well but in skill Cap has out shined them as well. Or Superman 1000 year war.

OneDumbG0
Keep them at Caps level, and he has an edge, put him up to WW's level ,and she has an edge. Make them human level, and it somewhat evens out.. (IMO, anyways. Both get gimped enough where they can't do their usual routine, and have to adapt to human level strength..) This is reasonable in most situations.

But Cap's been augmented and not missed a beat multiple times. Cap had his strength amp for a while, has been Destiny Force empowered and Norn Stone amped, used Kang's battle machine easy, and even acclimated to the entire Novaforce like it was nothing.

He's a bit ridiculous in this regard. And I'm of the impression that Wonder Woman's been handicapped and not missed a beat multiple times as well.

srankmissingnin
It's pretty easy to deduce who is more skilled. Characters like Batman and Captain America manage to contend with characters far, far, FAR above their respective weight classes on merit of martial skill alone. We are talking about ridiculously more powerful characters. Does Wonder Woman do the same? No. There is nothing in Wonder Woman's resume the equivalent of Batman fighting Superman, or Cap fight Hulk. If WW was as skilled as Cap or Batman, with her attributes and skill she would rage stomp Superman. Steve is much more skilled then Wonder Woman.

Silent Master
Exactly, as just one example, Cap has beaten US Agent more than once and Agent is around cl 10 and was specifically trained in Cap's style of fighting by Taskmaster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.