New Scarface Planned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82417

so now a remake of a remake.

queeq
I wonder if they break the record on use of the F-word.

ADarksideJedi
Thats awful the only one who can play the main man is Al and always will be!

Myth
I don't mind if it is a similar idea taken in a completely different direction. But I hate when they just try to recreate what happened in the famous one (most recent example is Straw Dogs, looks exactly the same as the original).

Kazenji
Well the original Scarface was completly differerent to the one with Al Pacino anyway

so yeah if they change the setting again then they're onto something.

jinXed by JaNx
the only reason scarface was good was because of pacinos performance. Take that away and you have a standard typical gangster movie,

ADarksideJedi
and a boring one!^

Robtard
Manolo carried the show.

Impediment
Twenty bucks says they'll cast an actual Latino this time around.

Myth
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
the only reason scarface was good was because of pacinos performance. Take that away and you have a standard typical gangster movie,

I think that undermines a lot of what De Palma added to the film. The cinematography and the score were also huge parts to what made the film awesome.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Myth
I think that undermines a lot of what De Palma added to the film. The cinematography and the score were also huge parts to what made the film awesome.

not trying to undermine anything im just saying that every aspect of scarface is paled by pacinos performance. Without his performance people would not still be talking about the movie because it had a relevant score for the time.

Patient_Leech
I can't say I'm surprised it's being remade considering it's strange appeal to this day. But I found it to be a horribly depressing film. I'm not sorry I watched it, cuz it's pretty good, but he is just so painfully self-destructive that it's hard to watch. I would probably never watch it again.

quanchi112
Without Pacino there's no hope.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment
Twenty bucks says they'll cast an actual Latino this time around.

Why does it have to be a latino?.......surely they can something differerent

when the original was more to do with the Mafia.

Impediment
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why does it have to be a latino?.......surely they can something differerent

when the original was more to do with the Mafia.

Mainly because of your "remake of a remake" comment.

Al Pacino's Scarface is a landmark title. In my opinion, Hollywood is going to remake the "Tony Montana" Scarface that is so well loved and known, instead of a little known gangster film that stars a white man. Ask any person about the film called Scarface and they will cite Al Pacino's version since very few actually realize that it is, in fact, a remake.

I mean, to me, it's only logical.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82417

so now a remake of a remake.

your behind in the times.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t554365.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t554413.html

Impediment
Dirty Dancing and Footloose are not remakes, Parker; they're original films.

Pacino's Scarface is a remake that, apparently is going to be remade.

So Kazenji's "remake of a remake" comment is accurate.

the ninjak
I'm not looking forward to The Thing. Which is a remake of a remake. The trailer is terrible but a good film can still exist inside.

With remaking Scarface? If they capture the 80's vibe then it will rock. If it's just another remake but with a modern twist then it will suck.

Myth
Originally posted by Impediment
Mainly because of your "remake of a remake" comment.

Al Pacino's Scarface is a landmark title. In my opinion, Hollywood is going to remake the "Tony Montana" Scarface that is so well loved and known, instead of a little known gangster film that stars a white man. Ask any person about the film called Scarface and they will cite Al Pacino's version since very few actually realize that it is, in fact, a remake.

I mean, to me, it's only logical.

Could be a black guy. Or if they want to go with modern day politics, a Mexican.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by the ninjak
I'm not looking forward to The Thing. Which is a remake of a remake. The trailer is terrible but a good film can still exist inside.

With remaking Scarface? If they capture the 80's vibe then it will rock. If it's just another remake but with a modern twist then it will suck.

yeah Im not looking forward to the thing no 3 either.the first remake was bad enough so i think i will skip the new one coming out.seems like remakes of remakes is something thats starting to take off as well. we have two remakes of king kong right now,now the thing,another scarface.sheesh. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I can't say I'm surprised it's being remade considering it's strange appeal to this day. But I found it to be a horribly depressing film. I'm not sorry I watched it, cuz it's pretty good, but he is just so painfully self-destructive that it's hard to watch. I would probably never watch it again.

I thought the beginning and a part of the middle was very good, exciting, energetic with Pacino stealing the show but as it approached the middle to end it dragged badly, maybe that was the point with what was going on with Tony but it could have been more captivating rather than just blehhhhhhhh - the end. I mean, you watch the film and think at the end, what was the point of that?

Kazenji
Antoine Faqua has left

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/strike-two-director-antoine-fuqua-has-left-the-new-scarface-movie-337

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.