Gah_Lak_Tus vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
What happens?

Gah_Lak_Tus- http://marvel.wikia.com/Gah_Lak_Tus

Bentley
How will Odin headbutt so many ships?

TheLordofMurder
Odin wins...

The characters in the Ultimate Universe are far weaker than their 616 counterparts...

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by golem370
What happens?

Gah_Lak_Tus- http://marvel.wikia.com/Gah_Lak_Tus

Tell me when Odin has the energy of a Big Bang

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Bentley
How will Odin headbutt so many ships?

laughing out loud

thumb up

golem370
Odin is far weaker then the real Galactus

TheLordofMurder
Odin is far weaker then the real Galactus

And Gah Lak Tus is far weaker than 616 Galactus; Ultimate Galactus is not a universal level being as 616 Galactus is...Gah Lak Tus is a cosmic insect swarm.

Odin has galactic-level feats under his belt; Ultimate Galactus has no chance against him...

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
And Gah Lak Tus is far weaker than 616 Galactus...

Odin has galactic-level feats under his belt; Ultimate Galactus has no chance against him...

you know the energy of a big bang only destroyed 1/5 of ultimate galactus right?

Maybe Odin should use his TP.

golem370
I don't consider Galactus Universal being

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
you know the energy of a big bang only destroyed 1/5 of ultimate galactus right?

The Ultimate Universe is far more grounded in logic than 616...

The only reason Gah Lak Tus survived is because only 1/5th of it made contact with the beam of energy (Ultimate Galactus had formed a ring around the Earth...remember?).

TheLordofMurder

You might not consider him as such, but I'd wager you dont know your comicbooks then; Galactus is the middle force between Death and Eternity...that very much makes Galactus a major universal force.

vansonbee
Just because 616 Galactus is universal being, doesn't mean he has more power than ultimate version.

Transmaniacon
I don't consider Galactus Universal being what do you consider Galactus?

the Darkone

Marvel history doesn't care what you consider, Galactus is a universal being period, deal with it!

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by vansonbee
Just because 616 Galactus is universal being, doesn't mean he has more power than ultimate version.

616 Galactus has demostrated the power to wipe clean a galaxy (my herald...my rage!!!)...

So far, Ultimate Galactus's best feat is destroying a world; 616 Galactus is far stronger until Gah Lak Tus has an on panel showing greater than this...

Power Cosmic II
The Ultimate Universe is far more grounded in logic than 616...

The only reason Gah Lak Tus survived is because only 1/5th of it made contact with the beam of energy (Ultimate Galactus had formed a ring around the Earth...remember?).

ok, but the point is that Odin needs to come up with that amount of energy. And I don't see him doing it in a huge area-of-effect blast

TheLordofMurder
ok, but the point is that Odin needs to come up with that amount of energy. And I don't see him doing it in a huge area-of-effect blast

You cant see Odin replicating that feat despite the fact that Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster?

the Darkone
by feats 616 Galactus> 616 Odin> Ultimate Ga Lak Tus, period!

Transmaniacon
if odin is asleep and no warning....maybe Gah Lak Tus wins

golem370
He is a vast cosmic being he is nothing compared to abstracts imo Eternity Infinity Death Chaos and Order are Universal

Gecko4lif
616 Galactus has demostrated the power to wipe clean a galaxy (my herald...my rage!!!)...
That was 2 solar systems not a Galaxy

golem370
And not a universe

Utrigita
You cant see Odin replicating that feat despite the fact that Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster?

Busting a Galaxy equals the force of a big bang?

TheLordofMurder
He is a vast cosmic being he is nothing compared to abstracts imo Eternity Infinity Death Chaos and Order are Universal

Your beliefs dont match up with whats been stated on panel; Galactus is the middle force between Death and Eternity...he is definitely a universal force.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
That was 2 solar systems not a Galaxy

Didnt Galactus wipe the galaxy clean of the annihilation wave?

golem370
Galactus was nearly killed but the destruction of two planets. He was having trouble with Tyrant who couldn't kill Thanos. Galactus has been destroyed by Abraxas mutiple Galactus' Watchers were for awhile able to hide earth from Galactus and he was driven out of Lord Chaos and Master Orders area. He is a high level cosmic not vital to the universe.

the Darkone
Galactus was nearly killed but the destruction of two planets. He was having trouble with Tyrant who couldn't kill Thanos. Galactus has been destroyed by Abraxas mutiple Galactus' Watchers were for awhile able to hide earth from Galactus and he was driven out of Lord Chaos and Master Orders area. He is a high level cosmic not vital to the universe.

Galactus handily defeated Tyrant the first time and de-powered him, second time Galactus was whooping his a$$ until Galactus use his tech that had biosphere energy which Tyrant feeds off of.

Abraxas killed lesser Galactus of different universe not the real Galactus, and not all Galactus are on the same level, and plus he didn't fight the real Galactus until the end, when Galactus 616 snatch the UN right out of his hand Abraxas couldn't do nothing after that, since the Un is apart of Galactus.

The Watchers hide earth from so the f**k what, but did find it through his herald right? And that very same Watcher stated Galactus has enough power to wipe out the Universe 10x.

You are constentaly take stories and interpetation out of context, yes Galactus was Kicked out of Master Order and Chaos universe, because they wanted to teach their creation Inbetweener a lesson.

By far is the most stupidest commit you made, it's been proven Galactus is vital not only to Marvel 616 reality, but the whole Omniverse. Galactus is the balance in the universe between life and death, if he dies Abraxas comes and destroys all realities, as Death die in Secert Wars we saw the ramifications, Galactus is the same damn way on a larger scale, his appercance brings utter desrtuction through all realites. Do you actually read comics are you just look at stats.

golem370
Your opinion mean nothing to me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus handily defeated Tyrant the first time and de-powered him,

erm

Cogito
It's not an opinion. Galactus is necessary for reality, as stated on panel.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Odin would fart Gah-Lak-Tus (Stupid name) away.

the Darkone
Your opinion mean nothing to me.

It's not opinion it's fact, 616 Galactus is vital for all realities, he dies all hell literally breaks lose, in Abraxas. Read the stories in context that are in comics not just look at pictures.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin would fart Gah-Lak-Tus (Stupid name) away.

Hell yes Odin will destroy this softer than mother loves version of Gah Lak Tus, Odin will have new giant toilet! big grin

Colossus-Big C
Galactus is nothing compared to real abstracts like eternity and death

golem370
^

the Darkone
Galactus is Eternity, Death equal, a FP Galactus stated on panel by Eternity to be his equal, and is just as important as Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion in the scheme of function of the universe. Marvel likes to low ball him, that doesn't mean he is not powerful, and power he is.

That your opinion, but it's not fact! Big difference.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Galactus is nothing compared to real abstracts like eternity and death

Except the Mythical, never seen on panel, 100% well fed Galactus. At the peak of his power he's supposed to be an equal to both Death and Eternity.

Gah Lak Tus is a damn embarrassment to the character concept though and would probably lose.

TheGodKiller
*Necro*

Odin wins.

janus77
GLT makes BLT out of one-eye.

TheGodKiller
GLT is no 616-Galactus.

TAF beats GLT like the pu$$y-faced fleet of cosmic ships it is.

janus77
Tired Asgardian Fart?

Gah Lak Tus takes Odin's one good eye and feeds it to him.

TheGodKiller
Galactus Lite Twerp gets stomped by The All Father supreme of glorious Asgard.

janus77
The poly-science of Gah-Lak-Tus trumps over the faux "omniscience" of Asgard's patricidal Greek rip-off.

TheGodKiller
That would be true only if we were talking about the actual, prime 616-Galactus. Gah-Lak-Tus is no Galactus however.

janus77
And Odin is not headbutting that many GLTs.

Odin would knock himself out after the first headbutt, so GLT would win by default (being the only "one" left "standing"/conscious).

TheGodKiller
Odin doesn't need to do so. A simple AoE galaxy-buster would easily take out a sizable chunk of the GLT ships.

GLT also lacks Galactus' durability, so there really isn't a precedent for claiming that Odin will self-KO by headbutting those things either.

janus77
Galactus lacks "Galactus' durability", since everyone from BRB (3-punch KOed by Surfer) to Thor, has managed to dent/fracture or shatter a part of his headdress with a direct charge/slam.

That still didn't stop Odin from KOing himself with a similar tactic to the heralds, only with his superior girth he ended up inflicting more pain on himself than he intended to.

GLT would doubtless shrug it off and it would take far more - orders of magnitude more - power than Odin has to do enough damage to GLT to make it retreat, if that's what you're thinking.

TheGodKiller
Thor did so with Mjolnir, whose blunt force strikes are confirmed planet busters. Not sure what you're trying to prove with the BRB instance though, as Galactus was weakened iirc in that instance.

Wrong. GLT lacks the power or the fortitude to compete with the 616-universe's top skyfather.

Odin wins by way of an aoe galaxy-buster.

janus77
The Galaxy buster is about as real as some of Abhi's superman feats.

If it's the whole "lit up dead galaxies" thing, then that's worse than Savage Hulk's punch that rippled through infinite worlds at the nexus of all realities.

Are you really suggesting that Mjolnir > Odin when it comes to durability and force (Odin being unable to retain consciousness being roughly akin to Mjolnir shattering, it seems)?

GLT may be one of the least impressive Galactus clones in the omniverse, but he is a Galactus clone and thus a whole order of power higher than a planetary skyfather.

JakeTheBank
Odin.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by janus77
GLT may be one of the least impressive Galactus clones in the omniverse, but he is a Galactus clone and thus a whole order of power higher than a planetary skyfather.

That's horrible logic, tbh.

janus77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That's horrible logic, tbh.
Better logic, than whatever superstitious claptrap possesses people to think Odin wins.

Dampyre
Galactus was nearly killed but the destruction of two planets. He was having trouble with Tyrant who couldn't kill Thanos.

There's no point in arguing ABC logic here. Galactus was able to one-shot Thanos when they fought. There's no need to bring Tyrant into the comparison.

JakeTheBank
Better logic, than whatever superstitious claptrap possesses people to think Odin wins.

Not sure if you're trolling or not.

Odin's feats as a whole are superior to Gah Lak Tus, and it being a poor man's 616 Galactus doesn't mean it should get the benefit of the doubt because of which character it's based off of.

Galan007
odin, for now.

however, my opinion could very well change after galactus and gah-lak-tus battle in the upcoming series "hunger".

janus77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not sure if you're trolling or not.

Odin's feats as a whole are superior to Gah Lak Tus, and it being a poor man's 616 Galactus doesn't mean it should get the benefit of the doubt because of which character it's based off of.
Not "trolling" (why are people so intent on being humourless when it comes to religion and comics?), just pointing out the obvious bias that is required to say "Odin wins" when he's pitted against another universe's Galactus.

Remember, Galactus is both an entity and a position/function/role. A being that is a part of Eternity and is fundamental to the universe within which it resides.

Odin isn't and doesn't carry the cachet to swing victories merely on his feats. He's an impressive skyfather and out of his league in the big wide cosmos.

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by Galan007
odin, for now.

however, my opinion could very well change after galactus and gah-lak-tus battle in the upcoming series "hunger".

This true, Gah-lak-tus might put up a battle against the Big G, although I don't think he'll win.

JakeTheBank
Not "trolling" (why are people so intent on being humourless when it comes to religion and comics?), just pointing out the obvious bias that is required to say "Odin wins" when he's pitted against another universe's Galactus.

Remember, Galactus is both an entity and a position/function/role. A being that is a part of Eternity and is fundamental to the universe within which it resides.

Odin isn't and doesn't carry the cachet to swing victories merely on his feats. He's an impressive skyfather and out of his league in the big wide cosmos.

Status =/= Power.

Galactus is one such being that has the benefit of having both importance status and having great feats as well. He has low feats, too, but that's expected.

Basically, it seems like you're projecting Galactus' status/power onto his Ultimate counterpart just because....well, just because. Gah Lak Tus doesn't get a pass just because "it's an alt. Galactus!". If/when he gets feats beyond Odin's scope, sure, but to date, it sure as shit doesn't and there's nothing biased about pointing that out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
just pointing out the obvious bias that is required to say "Odin wins" when he's pitted against another universe's Galactus.

laughing out loud

The irony. Did a large Norwegian man take your virginity? Having trouble understanding your contempt for all things Asgardian. Or is it because Thor routinely one-ups Surfer in their conflicts?

Galactus lacks "Galactus' durability", since everyone from BRB (3-punch KOed by Surfer) to Thor, has managed to dent/fracture or shatter a part of his headdress with a direct charge/slam.

That still didn't stop Odin from KOing himself with a similar tactic to the heralds, only with his superior girth he ended up inflicting more pain on himself than he intended to.

GLT would doubtless shrug it off and it would take far more - orders of magnitude more - power than Odin has to do enough damage to GLT to make it retreat, if that's what you're thinking.

When has a Herald knocked out Galactus stone cold with a headbutt?

And how are you even comparing the Bill scene to the Odin scene? Are you on crack?

curryman
I guess this Janus joke never saw the pacifist Galactus from the Exiles comics.

He was weaker than the Surfer smile

TheGodKiller
The Galaxy buster is about as real as some of Abhi's superman feats.

If it's the whole "lit up dead galaxies" thing, then that's worse than Savage Hulk's punch that rippled through infinite worlds at the nexus of all realities.

Are you really suggesting that Mjolnir > Odin when it comes to durability and force (Odin being unable to retain consciousness being roughly akin to Mjolnir shattering, it seems)?

Actually, it is far more real than most of abhi's superman arguments. Or your Hulk and Surfer wankerings as well.

Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster. He has the feats to back up the hype. I can get a mod ruling on this matter to shut you up for good.

Yeah, because using that one single instance somehow means a low showing for Odin instead of a high showing for Mjolnir. Nevermind the fact that Mjolnir's best feats, when being wielded by Thor, easily surpass the Surfer's best feats, or that Mjolnir has, at it's higher spectrum of power, pushed towards skyfather-killing feats. Somehow, both Odin and Mjolnir succeeding at damaging Galactus means Mjolnir>Odin.

Don't be stupid. GLT has nowhere near the feats required to take on someone of Odin's level. Odin destroys it with a single aoe galaxy buster. Game over for the Galactus drone-clone.

SevenShackles
I was always curious to the relationship between gah lak tus and silver searcher (ultimate silver surfer) since gah lak tus modeled his anti bodies after him. (his silver heralds) gah lak tus was supposed to hate organic life to the point where professor X's attempts to touch it's hive mind totally disgusted it. So why model your heralds after one? Fear? Respect? Universal mind games?
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/uss_modeled0.jpg
if it's fear then it just further proves gah lak tus can't hang with Odin given odin would destroy silver searcher, but still the only thing I can see being helpful in all of gah lak tus's powers mostly aimed at killing and driving whole planets mad could be it's horde of Silver Anti-bodies. All low herald but still effective I'd imagine in a swarm fighting along side the gah lak tus collective. I'd still say Odin wins.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I was always curious to the relationship between gah lak tus and silver searcher (ultimate silver surfer) since gah lak tus modeled his anti bodies after him. (his silver heralds) gah lak tus was supposed to hate organic life to the point where professor X's attempts to touch it's hive mind totally disgusted it. So why model your heralds after one? Fear? Respect? Universal mind games?
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/uss_modeled0.jpg
if it's fear then it just further proves gah lak tus can't hang with Odin given odin would destroy silver searcher, but still the only thing I can see being helpful in all of gah lak tus's powers mostly aimed at killing and driving whole planets mad could be it's horde of Silver Anti-bodies. All low herald but still effective I'd imagine in a swarm fighting along side the gah lak tus collective. I'd still say Odin wins.

thumb up

I will say this, Odin would have to perform at his highest showing to defeat Gah Lak Tus; average Odin wont cut it (and yes, I do have a bit of a change of heart from the time this thread was originally created)...

If Odin fights him like he fought Thanos (or even as he typically fights Surtur or how he fought 616 Galactus), Odin gets overwhelmed by the Gah Lak Tus swarm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.