Action Comics Superman vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Grant Morrison's AC Superman

vs.

The Thing (current, none of that Worthy crap).

How does he fare?

*Note: As Action Comics is an ongoing title that will progress and Superman's ability/power will obviously increase given time, feel free to point out exactly when Morrison's Superman will be powerful enough to beat Thing for the majority. As of now, we'll go with AC#1 as a judge and weigh in more as the issues and stories develop.

Cogito
I think you could make a solid case for AC#1 Superman beating Ben right now. In terms of durability he's not as tough yet, but they're probably close in strength and Supes has the edge in speed.

I don't know how quickly he'll develop in AC, but I'm guessing it won't take very long to decisively win.

JakeTheBank
True, I'm also thinking the heat vision is potent even now.

-Pr-
Probably. Speed is no question, as he's already been shown catching bullets. His durability might be an issue; I dunno yet.

Uriel005
Originally posted by -Pr-
Probably. Speed is no question, as he's already been shown catching bullets. His durability might be an issue; I dunno yet. I think Thing could take a bullet train and get up so I'll give him the edge in durability but speed and heatvision will put Supes over imo

SquallX
This Kal has Ben beat in Speed, probably equals Ben in strength, and loses to Ben in durability.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Uriel005
I think Thing could take a bullet train and get up so I'll give him the edge in durability but speed and heatvision will put Supes over imo

I dunno. Those kinds of trains can weigh several hundred tons, and going 200mph hits pretty hard. Especially seeing as Superman was trying to slow it down, not stop it dead.

Not saying it puts him above Thing, but I'd say it's close if it's the standard for him at that age.

Uriel005
Originally posted by -Pr-
I dunno. Those kinds of trains can weigh several hundred tons, and going 200mph hits pretty hard. Especially seeing as Superman was trying to slow it down, not stop it dead.

Not saying it puts him above Thing, but I'd say it's close if it's the standard for him at that age. Oh most definitely I'm just saying at the time of the incident I think Thing would fair better. He's taken far harder shots in his time and Superman is just starting out so I'd have to see more to see where this scales on his (Superman's) average.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.