Justice League - Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-

jinXed by JaNx
What is Batmans contingency plan exactly?

-Pr-
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
What is Batmans contingency plan exactly?

In the comic at least, he had a plan to take down every JLA member, but it was stolen and used by Ra's Al Ghul i think. IIRC it caused Martian Manhunter to burst in to flame, Aquaman is made completely terrified of water, Green Lantern is made blind, Flash's vibrations are knocked out of whack so he keeps having seizures, and Superman's skin is made transparent, and he sort of becomes overcharged with solar energy and experiences a sensory overload.

I think he froze Plastic Man too, and Wonder Woman was locked in some virtual reality or something.

-Pr-
Images of Star Sapphire, Cheetah, Royal Flush gang and i think Vandal Savage.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=47525& amp;t=font_colorREDUPDATEfontFirst_Look_At_Star_Sa
pphire_From_iJustice_League_Doomi

BruceSkywalker
definitely i might buy

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by -Pr-
In the comic at least, he had a plan to take down every JLA member, but it was stolen and used by Ra's Al Ghul i think. IIRC it caused Martian Manhunter to burst in to flame, Aquaman is made completely terrified of water, Green Lantern is made blind, Flash's vibrations are knocked out of whack so he keeps having seizures, and Superman's skin is made transparent, and he sort of becomes overcharged with solar energy and experiences a sensory overload.

I think he froze Plastic Man too, and Wonder Woman was locked in some virtual reality or something.

Jesus...,just like Batman to not trust anyone

JakeTheBank

Yep.

It's weird how much it's being altered, though.

-Pr-
Just watched the sneak peek; some things that were noticeable to me:

No Aquaman or Plastic Man. This is solely Superman, Batman, Diana, Hal, J'onn and Wally. They're all being played by their TAS/Justice League voice actors (Tim Daly is Superman, Conroy is Batman, Rosenbaum is Flash). The villains confirmed so far are Vandal Savage, Bane, Male'fic (sp?), Cheetah, Mirror Master and Metallo.

The only thing I really, really want from this movie is for Superman to show a bit of skill and not be an invulnerable punching bag which he inevitably is in most DC animated movies.

-Pr-
For anyone interested, I uploaded the sneak peek:

KSZUpBfIwD0

It's still being processed, so it won't be as clear as can be.

Badabing
This should be good. I liked Tower of Babel very much.

-Pr-
Official Trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/14/justice-league-doom-debut-trailer?objectid=118330

Stoic
Just woke up, and about to watch this.

Stoic
Very decent film.

ankur29
I liked it;
batman is boss charecter.period.

i liked how SM said he could move the planet out the way.
I did however feel Jonn was underutilised and almost downplayed.

-Pr-
Just watched this, and I have to say, I liked it. A lot. It was, for me, arguably the best JLA based movie they've done so far, and easily one of the best DC animated movies I've seen so far.

Solid story, good cast, great dialogue (you actually got the sense that these people weren't just a team, they were friends), and the action was some of the best I've seen in a JLA movie, in which every character got made to look good when the time came. I really liked this movie.

The only thing I could complain about would be the animation, but seeing as it was done by the same guys as Young Justice, I can't be too harsh on it.

Apparently the DVD has a feature about Cyborg and adding diversity to the JLA. Well, I suppose they're honest about it, at least.

BruceSkywalker
Just watched this, and I have to say, I liked it. A lot. It was, for me, arguably the best JLA based movie they've done so far, and easily one of the best DC animated movies I've seen so far.

Solid story, good cast, great dialogue (you actually got the sense that these people weren't just a team, they were friends), and the action was some of the best I've seen in a JLA movie, in which every character got made to look good when the time came. I really liked this movie.

The only thing I could complain about would be the animation, but seeing as it was done by the same guys as Young Justice, I can't be too harsh on it.

Apparently the DVD has a feature about Cyborg and adding diversity to the JLA. Well, I suppose they're honest about it, at least.

i'm gonna buy my copy next week but does batman have a lot to do?

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i'm gonna buy my copy next week but does batman have a lot to do?

Batman is one of the central characters. And he even has a couple of nice moments with Clark and the League.

Plus, his fight with Bane is pretty cool imo.

ankur29

Your kidding right,did you watch some scenes i missed?

Jonn, diana, flash didn't really do anything special. messed

Jonn should have flown into space imo to stop the fire. he did nothing to show he is supermans peer.

I liked how SM flew faster than light, decided shit got real and pawned Metallo and Ace.

Too bad nothing like that for other charecters.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ankur29
Your kidding right,did you watch some scenes i missed?

Jonn, diana, flash didn't really do anything special. messed

Jonn should have flown into space imo to stop the fire. he did nothing to show he is supermans peer.

I liked how SM flew faster than light, decided shit got real and pawned Metallo and Ace.

Too bad nothing like that for other charecters.

Flash against the Mirror Masters was great imo. Each one of the fights. Diana's fights with Cheetah had the right amount of savagery and history for me, and they were pretty brutal imo.

J'onn is the only one i might concede, but I love how he and Male'fic (sp) kept changing shape during the fight. To me, it felt like that was how two Martians would fight.

J'onn was in too much pain to do anything, never mind fly out to space. He's not Superman's peer, though; not imo.

J'onn was the only one i'd even argue didn't get a good showing. And I think he did get one. Flash using intangibility? That was badass, imo.

W@ngtastic
Yeah, they mashed Tower of Babel up and added a few other old stories. Changed Ras to Savage....

Pretty decent.

Existere
I haven't watched it, but I know it can't be perfect, not since they took out Plastic Man... sad

-Pr-
There's no Aquaman either, sadly.

BruceSkywalker
Batman is one of the central characters. And he even has a couple of nice moments with Clark and the League.

Plus, his fight with Bane is pretty cool imo.

thanks

D-Block
Just watched it. This was a good movie John could have done more. Loved flash getting the wrist bomb off and Hal's shield against the solar flare.

DARTH POWER
Superman "Maybe I could move the Earth out of the way"
Batman "If I had a week I could list all the reasons why that wouldn't work"

Awsome. Batman rules! This film has actually got me more excited about seeing Batman fight Bane in TDKR as well.

Placidity
Why did they do that to the Martian Manhunter, WHY?

I'm also not too happy with Wonder Woman.

Actually, the only peeps that got their dues was Batman, Flash, Superman. Hal was on par overall with that last feat I guess, still very average.

I am still waiting for a film that portrays the characters properly, not falling victim to massive PIS. I guess there wasn' much PIS in this film, but still not to the standards of something like Batman - Gotham Knight, where Batman's skills were portrayed as they should be and then some.

Ok, lots of ranting, I know, but I still enjoyed the film thoroughly.

Galan007
I enjoyed this flick quite a bit. Using Vandal Savage as the main villain was an excellent choice.

Other than MM being pure weaksauce, I thought every other character (especially Batman) was portrayed quite well. This is one of my favorite animated DC/Marvel films yet.

JakeTheBank
I liked the film, though obviously, Tower of Babel is better.

I still just really can't get on board with Cyborg on the League, nor the reasoning behind it: A.) Him being a minority and B.) The fact he represents today's society and is our generation's hero (according to Geoff Johns). As a minority myself, I never really got off put or turned off by the League's primary members being mostly white characters. I like seeing prominent blacks and other minorities in comics - Mr. Terrific prior to the reboot was one of my favorite characters in DC - but I don't like writers cramming them into stories as a means to "throw us a bone". Meh, that's just me, though.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
As a minority myself I didn't know you were white..?

Kazenji
I seen with the blu-ray it comes with a Flash figure.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
I seen with the blu-ray it comes with a Flash figure.

It does? Darn it, we didn't get that edition in our store...

Kazenji
http://speedforce.org/2012/02/jldoom-figure-update/

KingD19
I like Cyborg coming into the League. He's one of the smartest good guys on the planet, and he has expertise on areas the rest of them are useless in.

He also seemed to have enough weaponry to take down Wonder Woman if he could get past her bracers.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://speedforce.org/2012/02/jldoom-figure-update/

Yeah I saw; looks pretty sweet. I just wish they offered them with other figures too.

Kazenji
I seen that they did the same with Batman Year One and All Star Superman

Batman Year One came with Catwoman and All Star Superman got Superman in his white costume, I did'nt see those two here in this country.

-Pr-
We didn't get those here either. The only one I've ever seen was the GL one that came with one of the animated movies...

jinXed by JaNx
Was a decent movie. I loved the fan service and the more adult tone to the movie. However, i will never understand why DC never seems to take the, Sun and outer space serious. The laws of space always seem to change according to plot convenience for DC. One moment it takes Superman years to travel through space to new solar systems, the next moment he can reach the sun within mere seconds. If you want to be realistic..,BE REALISTIC. There is no in between.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Was a decent movie. I loved the fan service and the more adult tone to the movie. However, i will never understand why DC never seems to take the, Sun and outer space serious. The laws of space always seem to change according to plot convenience for DC. One moment it takes Superman years to travel through space to new solar systems, the next moment he can reach the sun within mere seconds. If you want to be realistic..,BE REALISTIC. There is no in between.

Actually, it's the movies that have been inconsistent. Superman has been able to travel ftl for years now.

spidermanrocks
I never read Tower of Babel (though I've been looking for it for a while now) and although I enjoyed the movie, I was also very disappointed by it. Especially with the plans.

The plans' 3 biggest problems IMO were:
1) They're not that clever. They don't seem like plans that only Batman would be able to come up with. Example: Kryptonite bullet. Do you really need Batman to come up with that? That's just common sense. The first time when I asked myself why none of Superman's villains shoot him with a Kryptonite bullet was when I was 12 years old. All the plans were just generic.
2) Batman kept saying his goal was to neutralize the League, not kill. That doesn't make any sense. NONE of the plans have a neutralized version except for Green Lantern's (which really is just a neutralized plan). Once again, example: Kryptonite bullet. How do you neutralize that?
3) None of the plans work for what they were originally intended. Their purpose is to take out members of the JL if they ever became villains/got mind-controlled. But if you think about it, IF any of the villains went rogue, none of the plans would have worked because the plans were based on predicting their decisions and actions WHILE they were heroes. But if Superman went rogue, why would he care about the guy that was about to commit suicide? He wouldn't have cared if he was mind-controlled or went evil. If Flash went rogue, why would he have cared to save the people in the train and if the bomb explodes and kills everyone in it? If Martian Manhunter went rogue, when would you get him to sit with you in a bar to give him the drink? If any of the League members actually went rogue, none of the plans would have worked.

I never read Tower of Babel (though I want to) but just from reading the basic plot on Wikipedia, I can already tell a straight adaptation of the comic would have been better and the plans would have made a lot more sense too. I would have also liked if the movie was about Batman not trusting the League and having all these plans to begin with. But they don't touch on that throughout the movie except for in the last 3 minutes.

spidermanrocks
Also, the very final scene made no sense for 2 reasons:

1) Superman gave Batman a piece of Kryptonite. This makes Batman's plans make even LESS sense. Batman wouldn't have came up with the Kryptonite bullet plan if he didn't have Kryptonite. Which means he must have already had Kryptonite before Superman gave him the piece of Kryptonite. So Superman giving him the piece was completely pointless. Either that or Bats didn't have Kryptonite to begin with, which means his plan wouldn't have worked if he had to use it because he would lack Kryptonite.

2) When Superman asked him if he had a plan to stop himself, he says " plan is the Justice League." But how does he expect the League to stop him if he ever went rogue when he has all these plans to defeat them if they get in his way?

Overall, the movie was enjoyable but it lacked a lot. Especially in the plans.

jinXed by JaNx
Superman giving, Batman the Kryptonite was just a gesture of trust.

-Pr-
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Also, the very final scene made no sense for 2 reasons:

1) Superman gave Batman a piece of Kryptonite. This makes Batman's plans make even LESS sense. Batman wouldn't have came up with the Kryptonite bullet plan if he didn't have Kryptonite. Which means he must have already had Kryptonite before Superman gave him the piece of Kryptonite. So Superman giving him the piece was completely pointless. Either that or Bats didn't have Kryptonite to begin with, which means his plan wouldn't have worked if he had to use it because he would lack Kryptonite.

2) When Superman asked him if he had a plan to stop himself, he says " plan is the Justice League." But how does he expect the League to stop him if he ever went rogue when he has all these plans to defeat them if they get in his way?

Overall, the movie was enjoyable but it lacked a lot. Especially in the plans.

1. Superman gave it to show that he trusted him. It was a gesture more than actually giving him something he didn't have.
2. That's the entire point; Bruce is trusting that if he went rogue, the League would be good enough to stop him, and that his plans might not work.

As for the other points (#3 for example), they were adapted to suit the situations, not word for word conversions. That was why they were designed to kill, because Savage adapted them to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.