Tears of the Sun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
The title doesn't seem to fit with the type of movie it looks like....It's got Bruce Willis and a bunch of guys with guns......and a pretty doctor lady who doesn't wanna leave.....go figure.....well I'll see if it's good next week

BackFire349
i think we've all had enough war movies for now, lets move on.

Julie
What war movies...the last 3 movies I've seen were Atlantis, Murder by death and Bullit.....
I need to see a decent movie.....

BackFire349
over the past year there have been like 5 war movies, thats too many. war movies achieved perfection in the late 80's with platoon and full metal jacket. didnt rely on over the top special effects and gimmicky camera work like the ones of late do.

Julie
Last "war" movie I saw was Black Hawk Down...that was just ok....unfortunately I don't have lots of time to watch movies too often either

Max Power
I think new movies can have a lot to offer. Lots of people said that the "buddy cop" genre was played out but look at Training Day. Fuqua (the director) did an awesome job with that. And he's the guy who's directing Tears of the Sun. I think he'll be doing some stuff to surprise us with this one as well. Plus, its Bruce Willis. If anyone can make a great action movie its him.

FWIW, I think the title is interesting. It sounds literary. Makes me wonder if the story is based on a book?

Thomas H
hope this one is a real kick ass action movie..seems like it is to...mmm bruce is back!!maybe!

Bad Boy
Antoine Faqua is a director I recently discovered. With Training Day he did a fantastic job!

I wouldn't really call Training Day a buddy cop movie though!

Julie
I didn't even see it...so I guess I can't comment......but I agree with Thomas that I hope Tears of the Sun is a good movie

Thomas H
Well, Antoine is directin the new Bruckheimer movie King Arthur as well, so he is a promising director!

Bad Boy
Sounds cool!

Thomas H
indeed....big grin

El_Mariachi
I'm looking forward for a new Bruce Willis action movie.The man can kick ass.

Max Power
Did anyone else see it this weekend? I went with some friends and I thought the movie was really good. Bruce was so ripped. I'm impressed a man of his age could get so in shape. Fuqua definitely has another hit on his hands. Good for him.

Julie
I saw it yesterday .....I liked it....though some of the plot points were just there....I found that for an action flick it was decent...and not too gory. Overall well worth the trip to see it, but not so good that I'd want to buy it

Captain REX
BackFire, if you think 5 war films in the past five years is too much, don't get me started on dramas and comedy and cartoons...

I want to see the Tears of the Sun. It has been declared "Best War Film since Black Hawk Down."

Captain Tupolov
Has anyone else seen this movie? I just saw it Sunday and I liked it a lot. It was very good. Bruce Willis was good in it. It was kind of sad but still a good movie.

Captain REX
Most war movies are sad. Even sadder, your thread will probably be combined with the other 'Tears of the Sun' thread. big grin

I want to see it very badly. I'll probably get to see it after it comes out on vhs and dvd. Does it have any historic stuff in it or is it just some war film with a made-up storyline?

Julie
I have no clues....I htink it's all just a story that could take place.....it says "present day"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.