Thanos vs the worthy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Thanos comes to earth to clean up this mess. Can he handle.all of the worthy at the same time?

zopzop
He sure can, especially after Cytorrak took his power back from Cain. Thanos takes this.

cdtm
Hm.. Well, we all know normal Hulk would beat Thanos, Odin, Tyrant, and Galactus at the same time with ease, and Nul is supposed to be even stronger.. Although, he's not as strong as Worldbreaker Hulk, who would pwn LT and Jack Kirby..

I used to like Hulk before his biggest fans educated me on how overpowered he is.

Serious answer: Thanos beats the entire Worthy at once. Whoever he can't kill, he just bfr's or something.. If he has prep before coming to Earth, it's even more of a stomp. I mean, come on, he stopped Blood and Thunder Thor with the Power Gem using a gun he had in the closet, imagine what he can do with a little prep.

iceman24567
Thor koed Worthy Hulk so Thanos breaks him

Damborgson
Originally posted by cdtm
Hm.. Well, we all know normal Hulk would beat Thanos, Odin, Tyrant, and Galactus at the same time with ease, and Nul is supposed to be even stronger.. Although, he's not as strong as Worldbreaker Hulk, who would pwn LT and Jack Kirby..

I used to like Hulk before his biggest fans educated me on how overpowered he is.

Serious answer: Thanos beats the entire Worthy at once. Whoever he can't kill, he just bfr's or something.. If he has prep before coming to Earth, it's even more of a stomp. I mean, come on, he stopped Blood and Thunder Thor with the Power Gem using a gun he had in the closet, imagine what he can do with a little prep. laughing out loud worthy hulk is actually weakened. The asgardian hammer and protective spells take away from his power on general. I'd put him around banner hulk.

Mshinu

(..)

Serious answer: Thanos beats the entire Worthy at once. Whoever he can't kill, he just bfr's or something.. If he has prep before coming to Earth, it's even more of a stomp. I mean, come on, he stopped Blood and Thunder Thor with the Power Gem using a gun he had in the closet, imagine what he can do with a little prep.

That pretty much sums it up.

Estacado
Thanos...not even a fight.

Colossus-Big C
Thor never koed worthy hulk, infact hulk no sold that hammer strick that bfrd him while thor died of hitting him

iceman24567
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Thor never koed worthy hulk, infact hulk no sold that hammer strick that bfrd him while thor died of hitting him Nah it was a ko he was in lala land while in space re-entry woke him up

Colossus-Big C
No

iceman24567
No Yeah well since he has a speech bubble i guess he's not koed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/WorthyHULK.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah well since he has a speech bubble i guess he's not koed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/WorthyHULK.jpg Lol that empty speach bubble means this " no expression "

Not that he was knocked out

bbrem123
yea it was a "shyt didnt see that one coming"

iceman24567
Lol that empty speach bubble means this " no expression "

Not that he was knocked out Thats what i just said no expression

gogogadgetgo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/WorthyHULK.jpg

ookkk..so while he was on the way up and hand no speech bubble...he's knocked out?

DickBlazer
I don't think its easy for thanos.

The worthy surprise him cause bfr won't work on some

It takes awhile but thanos prob wins

leonidas
Lol that empty speach bubble means this " no expression "

Not that he was knocked out

the empty speech bubble means he was in space and couldn't make sound, but yeah, he wasn't ko'd.

worthy wouldn't be easy imo. at all. absorbing man is both smart now AND has a hammer AND has absorbed some of the pym particles. the hammers would act has massive energy soakers. if cain still has cyttorak's magic it becomes even MORE difficult. i'm thinking thanos would be smart enough NOT to battle them all at once. if he did, they would be a threat to him imo.

leonidas
Originally posted by DickBlazer
I don't think its easy for thanos.

The worthy surprise him cause bfr won't work on some

It takes awhile but thanos prob wins

thumb up

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thanos comes to earth to clean up this mess. Can he handle.all of the worthy at the same time? Why do people think Thanos can beat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously? A high herald-busting performance even greater than DP Tyrant's?

vansonbee
Originally posted by leonidas
the empty speech bubble means he was in space and couldn't make sound, but yeah, he wasn't ko'd.

worthy wouldn't be easy imo. at all. absorbing man is both smart now AND has a hammer AND has absorbed some of the pym particles. the hammers would act has massive energy soakers. if cain still has cyttorak's magic it becomes even MORE difficult. i'm thinking thanos would be smart enough NOT to battle them all at once. if he did, they would be a threat to him imo. Didn't the Hulk talked in space before or was it just breathing that he only did as a normal Hulk?

zopzop
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Why do people think Thanos can beat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously? A high herald-busting performance even greater than DP Tyrant's?

Uhm because a high herald, Thor, took out 2 of the most powerful by himself? Thanos crushes these feebs (especially now that Cytorrak removed his power from Cain).

OneDumbG0
^ At nearly the cost of his own life. Thanos has no feats even suggesting that he can crush 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

zopzop
Thanos has gone up against an insane Cube Being, DP Tyrant, Odin, and others I'm sure I'm missing and has held his own. Fuggin' SPIDER WOMAN was owning Worthy Hulk.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by zopzop
Thanos has gone up against an insane Cube Being, DP Tyrant, Odin, and others I'm sure I'm missing and has held his own. Fuggin' SPIDER WOMAN was owning Worthy Hulk. Thanos' power levels =/= Maker's, DP Tyrant's or Odin's power levels. In fact, these three beings basically either one-shot him or nearly no-sold Thanos' attacks. So yeah, invoking characters more powerful than Thanos isn't proving Thanos can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

Worthy Hulk basically no-sold everything the Avengers threw at him. Get your head out of your butt unless you think Gamora was "owning" Thanos. In which case, throw your head through your monitor.

leonidas
Thanos has gone up against an insane Cube Being, DP Tyrant, Odin, and others I'm sure I'm missing and has held his own. Fuggin' SPIDER WOMAN was owning Worthy Hulk.

uh, no she wasn't. she jumped around, hit him, but...... had ZERO chance of even doing any real harm. she survived due to her speed and hit him a couple times. that.... doesn't equal owning. at all. in any way. ever. no expression

Silent Master

Fighting Odin was a good durability feat, but that's it...he was getting has butt kicked.

zopzop
Thanos' power levels =/= Maker's, DP Tyrant's or Odin's power levels. In fact, these three beings basically either one-shot him or nearly no-sold Thanos' attacks. So yeah, invoking characters more powerful than Thanos isn't proving Thanos can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

Worthy Hulk basically no-sold everything the Avengers threw at him. Get your head out of your butt unless you think Gamora was "owning" Thanos. In which case, throw your head through your monitor.

Spider woman was tearing his ass up. Those scans were humiliating.

At least Thanos withstood brutal punishment from an elite Skyfather and was still standing at the end. Same story vs DP Tyrant. He outright OWNED the Maker. His forcefields taxed Galactus to the point of needing nourishment after attempting to breach them.

And the Worthy are NOWHERE NEAR Thor level beings, that's just bullsh|t.

OneDumbG0
^ Wear you sig and avy in silence, please. Honest discussion from you is utterly beyond your grasp due to the magnitude of your butt-hurt caused by a Galactus-shaped boot.

Odin basically no-sold Thanos the entire fight. DP Tyrant basically no-sold Thanos the entire fight and was only affected by amped Power Orb shots. Maker actually one-shotted Thanos in their initial encounter. Galactus one-shotted Thanos.

Stop munching on Thanos' purple butt and read Fear Itself and it's tie-ins to educate yourself on what the Worthy are and what they have done.

psycho gundam
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/WorthyHULK.jpg no air is space brah

hulk might have been saying something similar to what Thor said

zopzop
^ Wear you sig and avy in silence, please. Honest discussion from you is utterly beyond your grasp due to the magnitude of your butt-hurt caused by a Galactus-shaped boot.

Odin basically no-sold Thanos the entire fight. DP Tyrant basically no-sold Thanos the entire fight and was only affected by amped Power Orb shots. Maker actually one-shotted Thanos in their initial encounter. Galactus one-shotted Thanos.

Stop munching on Thanos' purple butt and read Fear Itself and it's tie-ins to educate yourself on what the Worthy are and what they have done.

There's an entire thread devoted to them in the Respect section of the forum, so far nothing impressive, at all. Thanos withstood brutal punishment at the hands of skyfather and above beings, he'll take whatever these low-mid heralds (and I'm being generous here) can dish out and crush them. If Spider Woman did that kind of damage to Worthy Hulk, Thanos will BREAK him. It's not like he hasn't beaten legit high heralds to death before with 7 punches.

Marvelknight
^Spider-Woman did't do no damage at all, only pissed Nul off. Hawkeye had to save her and he only gave them enough time to hide.

Damborgson
Why do people think Thanos can beat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously? A high herald-busting performance even greater than DP Tyrant's? i dont. Just wanna see what people think.

Damborgson
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no air is space brah

hulk might have been saying something similar to what Thor said nah he was ko'd. no air doesnt seem to matter in comics. http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/rulk3ow5.jpg

vince_slice
Thanos' power levels =/= Maker's, DP Tyrant's or Odin's power levels. In fact, these three beings basically either one-shot him or nearly no-sold Thanos' attacks. So yeah, invoking characters more powerful than Thanos isn't proving Thanos can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

Odin and DP tyrant were no where near one-shotting Thanos, in fact they couldn't even KO him during their prolonged fights. Odin was able to easily one-shot Silver Surfer (arguably one of the strongest high heralds), but couldn't do the same to Thanos even after he pulled his Gungnir out. It shows how far above Thanos is from high herald.

The fact that Thanos couldn't hurt Odin much in their fight has no significance here, unless you think The Worthy have Odin level durability? They obviously don't, and have high herald durability at best, seeing as Thor defeated two of them, and was able to one-shot one of them. Only Kuurth (before Cyttorrak de-powered him) might have above high herald durability, the rest don't.

We already know Thanos has the power to dispose of high heralds easily, like how he punked Silver Surfer, nearly two-shotted Thor in classic form, and messed around with Fallen One.

We also know that Thanos has insane durability. Do The Worthy have the power to do what Odin couldn't do in his prolonged fight with Thanos? Can they penetrate his shields the way Galactus did who had to "exert" himself to do so? Can do do all of this before he quickly downs them one by one or BFRs them?

In my opinion I don't think so.

Silent Master
Thanos didn't hurt Odin at all in their fight.

BTW, Thanos wasn't still standing at the end of his fight with Odin, he did however manage to get back up 6 or so panels after Odin stopped attacking.

leonidas
nah he was ko'd. no air doesnt seem to matter in comics. http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/rulk3ow5.jpg

why do you think he was ko'd?

Damborgson
why do you think he was ko'd? cuz hulk just had the empty speech bubble. Big G was down here 2. http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5622/odinidiot.jpg i think thats what Fraction intended anyway.

leonidas
if he was ko'd i think there would have been NO bubble. he didn't start speaking until he began re-entry--ie until there was atmosphere to communicate through. as for galactus--i don't think he was ko'd there--not yet. just stunned. "..."=/='empty bubble'.

Damborgson
if he was ko'd i think there would have been NO bubble. he didn't start speaking until he began re-entry--ie until there was atmosphere to communicate through. as for galactus--i don't think he was ko'd there--not yet. just stunned. "..."=/='empty bubble'. I think he was. Comics have ignored the no air rule for a long time. He probably woke up when he was burning up in the atmosphere and started yelling again. So you think he was Ko'd as he fell to earth then? Cuz if he was just stunned i'd expect him to at least try and not fall to Earth. Thats how i see it anyway.

OneDumbG0
There's an entire thread devoted to them in the Respect section of the forum, so far nothing impressive, at all. Thanos withstood brutal punishment at the hands of skyfather and above beings, he'll take whatever these low-mid heralds (and I'm being generous here) can dish out and crush them. If Spider Woman did that kind of damage to Worthy Hulk, Thanos will BREAK him. It's not like he hasn't beaten legit high heralds to death before with 7 punches. Your overgeneralized/hyperbolized stements aren't worth the electrons you wasted typing them. Thanos geting one-shotted by Maker and getting b1tch-slapped up and down the battlefield by Thanos/Tyrant doesn't put Thanos on their level. It simply highlights how far away Thanos is from that level. And "low-mid heralds" don't bring Thor to the brink of death or completely stomp (i) Bleeding Edge Iron Man, or (ii) Red Hulk toe-to-toe, or (iii) Namor underwater. The damage Spider Woman dealt to Nul was more inconsequential to the damage Thanos dealt Odin. Which was pretty inconsequential. Originally posted by vince_slice
Odin and DP tyrant were no where near one-shotting Thanos, in fact they couldn't even KO him during their prolonged fights. Odin was able to easily one-shot Silver Surfer (arguably one of the strongest high heralds), but couldn't do the same to Thanos even after he pulled his Gungnir out. It shows how far above Thanos is from high herald.

The fact that Thanos couldn't hurt Odin much in their fight has no significance here, unless you think The Worthy have Odin level durability? They obviously don't, and have high herald durability at best, seeing as Thor defeated two of them, and was able to one-shot one of them. Only Kuurth (before Cyttorrak de-powered him) might have above high herald durability, the rest don't. Reread what I said. Your first paragraph is completely irrelevant.

Your second paragraph is poor deflection. The purpose of reminding zopzop how Odin basically no-sold Thanos' attacks was to rebut the ridiclous notion that Thanos was comparable to them in any relevant manner. Nothing more, nothing less. Originally posted by vince_slice
We already know Thanos has the power to dispose of high heralds easily, like how he punked Silver Surfer, nearly two-shotted Thor in classic form, and messed around with Fallen One. And Thanos has done nothing to show his capability of defeating 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously. Originally posted by vince_slice
We also know that Thanos has insane durability. Do The Worthy have the power to do what Odin couldn't do in his prolonged fight with Thanos? Can they penetrate his shields the way Galactus did who had to "exert" himself to do so? Can do do all of this before he quickly downs them one by one or BFRs them?

In my opinion I don't think so. Yea. Because a nonchalant Odin isn't the minimum level of power required to wreck Thanos' shields and proceed to pound Thanos into the ground. So yeah, invoking characters more powerful than Thanos isn't proving Thanos can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

You're entitled to it.

JakeTheBank
Thanos wank reaching critical mass...!

ozz81
yeah id say thanos but he may defeat them by overpowering them by other means such as imprisenoing them or throught teleporation like he did to thor when he was suffering from some hyesteria...

leonidas
I think he was. Comics have ignored the no air rule for a long time. He probably woke up when he was burning up in the atmosphere and started yelling again.

so, you think they showed an empty speech bubble to indicate he was ko'd? blink seems more logical to think he was actually speaking, but wasn't making a sound. if he was out why use a bubble at all?? that would make that scene unique in comicbook history i'd wager. makes no sense, but your perogative. and i don't think the 'no air rule' is broken very often at all as regards speech in space--not without some explanation given. erm

i think he was insensate as he fell and was briefly ko'd when he hit the ground. you don't need to be ko'd if you're too stunned to do anything.

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thanos wank reaching critical mass...!

and the primo wanker hasn't even showed up yet. laughing out loud

cdtm
Originally posted by Silent Master
Fighting Odin was a good durability feat, but that's it...he was getting has butt kicked.

And?

Considering he gained Odins respect, I think you're downplaying how impressive this durability feat was. Especially since in the same fight, Odin barely acknowledges Surfer while instantly putting him down.

Thanos has other feats of power, like knocking down Thing and Thor in one attack each back in the day.

Silent Master
And?

Considering he gained Odins respect, I think you're downplaying how impressive this durability feat was. Especially since in the same fight, Odin barely acknowledges Surfer while instantly putting him down.

Thanos has other feats of power, like knocking down Thing and Thor in one attack each back in the day.

Thor wasn't down after one attack, IIRC Thanos even commented that it would take a couple more.

vince_slice
And Thanos has done nothing to show his capability of defeating 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

Thor level beings? How can they be Thor level beings if Thor beat two of them simultaneously? At best they're close to Thor, but not quite there, and I tend to treat beings close to Thor as high herald, which we know for a fact Thanos can easily destroy (like he's shown in the past).

Yeah, a "non-chalant" Odin failed to KO Thanos after a prolonged battle, which was the main point. You really think that says nothing about how Thanos would fare in this fight? I think it's obvious that if Thanos can endure the onslaught Odin gave him without being knocked out, he could endure the damage The Worthy give him long enough to pull the win. He has the durability, the power, and the smarts to take these guys out. But of course, it wouldn't be easy.

zopzop
Your overgeneralized/hyperbolized stements aren't worth the electrons you wasted typing them. Thanos geting one-shotted by Maker and getting b1tch-slapped up and down the battlefield by Thanos/Tyrant doesn't put Thanos on their level. It simply highlights how far away Thanos is from that level. And "low-mid heralds" don't bring Thor to the brink of death or completely stomp (i) Bleeding Edge Iron Man, or (ii) Red Hulk toe-to-toe, or (iii) Namor underwater. The damage Spider Woman dealt to Nul was more inconsequential to the damage Thanos dealt Odin. Which was pretty inconsequential. Reread what I said. Your first paragraph is completely irrelevant.

Thanos getting one shotted by Maker isn't something to be ashamed of. An insane Cube Being "sucker punched"/KOed him, then he gets back up and waxes that ass. He was still on his feet despite brutal attacks from Odin and Tyrant. His shields depleted Galactus. He's killed a high herald with seven punches. WTF don't you understand? Which of those worthless "Worthy" are on that level?

OMG Worthy Thing beat a Rulk that refused to use his full range of powers because he'd didn't want to get stuck in Rulk form! OMFG someone beat Namor underwater! Stop the presses. Bleeding Edge Ironman you say? That's way more impressive than a blast from Odin channel through Gungnir! Or an psychopathic Cube Being. You sure showed me! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Damborgson
so, you think they showed an empty speech bubble to indicate he was ko'd? blink seems more logical to think he was actually speaking, but wasn't making a sound. if he was out why use a bubble at all?? that would make that scene unique in comicbook history i'd wager. makes no sense, but your perogative. and i don't think the 'no air rule' is broken very often at all as regards speech in space--not without some explanation given. erm

i think he was insensate as he fell and was briefly ko'd when he hit the ground. you don't need to be ko'd if you're too stunned to do anything. Dont see why not. :/ Its Fraction...he's making skyfathers use headbutts. I'd honestly be very surprised if his intention were for him to not be able to talk cuz of the lack of air rather than just being Ko'd. Heres another instance of talking in space: http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/sp/6b1e36092cf8334e781c99ecd7d4ab94/07-27-2011_08.jpg
Without air they should not be able to speak. And since its written under Fraction also I highly doubt he intended for hulk to not be able to either.

It could be argued either way i suppose as whether Galactus was Ko'd or not. I personally dont think he was conscious while he falling but if Fraction came out and said he was then I wouldnt be shocked or anything.

leonidas
the link doens't work. in any event, it's sort of pointless i guess. i just can't imagine why there would be a bubble if he were ko'd. why confuse the issue? ko, no bubble, no confusion. i think a bubble with "..." pretty clearly indicates stunned/can't get his sh!t together to put thoughts into words or action. empty=no sound. alas, you don't seem like you're changing your stance, and i'm afraid i'm not chainging mine so we'll just leave it at that.

Damborgson
the link doens't work. in any event, it's sort of pointless i guess. i just can't imagine why there would be a bubble if he were ko'd. why confuse the issue? ko, no bubble, no confusion. i think a bubble with "..." pretty clearly indicates stunned/can't get his sh!t together to put thoughts into words or action. empty=no sound. alas, you don't seem like you're changing your stance, and i'm afraid i'm not chainging mine so we'll just leave it at that. oh. Well it was Thor calling surfer a bastard in space lol. Hmm well your right. I think we will have to agree to disagree. easier this way.

psycho gundam
nah he was ko'd. no air doesnt seem to matter in comics. http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/rulk3ow5.jpg show the part where red hulk says he has to go silent in space on iirc the next page.

also, loeb

Damborgson
show the part where red hulk says he has to go silent in space on iirc the next page.

also, loeb He said it in the scan. But it was because he had to hold his breath.

Its happened many times. Loeb or not.

psycho gundam
his voice trails out due to lack of air also

anyway, saying hulk was knocked out is a reach, at best he was dazed. if you think hulk was legitimately ko'd, then thor died after he ko'd him

Damborgson
his voice trails out due to lack of air also He shouldnt have been able to talk at all. :/

JakeTheBank
I recall one of FCBD's issues, Thor/Iron Man, had Thor talk in space with the reasoning being his divinity when he was asked how he was doing that by Tony. Still, comics don't always remember that there's no sound in space, so it's not that big of a deal.

Personally, I don't think Worthy Hulk was KOd.

CosmicComet
The Worthy suck.

Thanos is big time.

Thanos stomps.

psycho gundam
He shouldnt have been able to talk at all. :/ red hulk had air in his lungs from the ascent. hulk in fear itself got hit heavily, surprised he even attempted to speak

cdtm
Why do people think Thanos can beat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously? A high herald-busting performance even greater than DP Tyrant's?

Because of his major durability, basically.

He's taken Surfers best before, and it's a tossup between him and Thor for top herald in Marvel. A weaker clone tanked Thor's best, minus his trump card. I guess a Godblast could mess him up, but outside of that..?

Plus, his shields are strong enough to keep from from getting crushed by Galactus and Omega in the first attack.

But no one's saying because Thanos survived attacks from Omega/Tyrant/Odin/Maker, that he's on their level. Only that it reinforces his durability being off the charts, and it taking a trump card exotic power to really hurt him. IMO, punches from Nul aren't going to cut it..

Silent Master
Prove that it was a weaker clone.

cdtm
Prove that it was a weaker clone.

All the other clones were weaker. Except Omega.

But if that doesn't work for you, there's fighting evenly with Blood and Thunder Thor with the Power Gem, who rape stomped Surfer and other herald levelers.

Silent Master
Warrior was 4x stronger than Thanos.

BTW, Thanos didn't fight evenly w/B&T Thor, he ran and grabbed a shield gun because he knew that he was going to lose a physical fight.

cdtm

BTW, Thanos didn't fight evenly w/B&T Thor, he ran and grabbed a shield gun because he knew that he was going to lose a physical fight.

They were trading blows. Thanos realized physical force wasn't going to keep him down, but that doesn't take away from the fact he was fighting on an even level with him.

And Thor without the gem beat down Surfer, so the fact Thanos stood against attacks and responded in kind while he had the gem makes this a tremendous feat, given how the Power Gem has a history of turning characters into ubers, like Champion and Titania.

Silent Master
Until Thor knocked Thanos down and made him bleed, then Thanos went and got a weapon to subdue Thor as he knew he couldn't win a physical fight.

BTW, you still haven't proven that the clone was weaker.

cdtm
Until Thor knocked Thanos down and made him bleed, then Thanos went and got a weapon to subdue Thor as he knew he couldn't win a physical fight.

BTW, you still haven't proven that the clone was weaker.

The clone was killed from some magical items imbued with a small portion of the Odinforce,

Thanos himself has survived worse than that.

Silent Master
He was killed by Thor + Odin powered weapons + an attack from the Designate...whose power has been said to rival Odin. Like I said, you still haven't proven that the clone was weaker.

Silent Master
Let's not forget, it was the real Thanos until Starlin came along and retconned it because he hates having his pet characters lose.

cdtm
Thor + Odin powered weapons is < Maker/Galactus/Omega/Tyrant/Odin, all which Thanos took attacks from and survived.

Silent Master
I like how you keep forgetting to mention the Designate.

psycho gundam

BTW, you still haven't proven that the clone was weaker. well, that same thor couldn't break out of the force block, and that's when thanos confirmed that he would eventually be too much too handle. thanos did however fight odin, and take attacks from odin, and odin casually smashed the same force block

i don't think thanos was in any trouble while he was fighting thor, not yet at least

cdtm
I like how you keep forgetting to mention the Designate.

Because she has so many feats proving she's on Odins level.

Damborgson
red hulk had air in his lungs from the ascent. hulk in fear itself got hit heavily, surprised he even attempted to speak that's now it works. To me it's pretty obvious that he just trailed off in his speech because hesaid he was going to start holding his breath. But anyways yeah its impressie that worthy hulk survived that huge lightning bolt and hit.

Slaanesh
they are 8 worthy..and some of them are probably more powerful than Thor..i don't think Thanos can defeat all of them..there's just too many..

Nihilist

BTW, Thanos didn't fight evenly w/B&T Thor, he ran and grabbed a shield gun because he knew that he was going to lose a physical fight. Warrior wasnt 4x stronger than Thanos, thats already been proved as hyperbole by posters and a mod.

Thanos was on even footing against PG Thor, Thanos didnt even amp his punches during the fight.

Ill wait for your "prove it" regular trolling argument.

Silent Master
Yea...he was on such "even footing" that he ran away and grabbed a shield gun.

Kid Kurdy
Yea...he was on such "even footing" that he ran away and grabbed a shield gun.
laughing

leonidas
Let's not forget, it was the real Thanos until Starlin came along and retconned it because he hates having his pet characters lose.

thumb up

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by vince_slice
Thor level beings? How can they be Thor level beings if Thor beat two of them simultaneously? At best they're close to Thor, but not quite there, and I tend to treat beings close to Thor as high herald, which we know for a fact Thanos can easily destroy (like he's shown in the past). Thor killed Angrir and BFR'ed Nul nearly at the cost of his own life. Reread Fear Itself again. And just because he did it simultaneously doesn't reduce their individual power. Is Surfer a Thor-level being? Yes. But Thor literally romped Silver Surfer along with Adam Warlock w/ Soul Gem simultaneously, so does that stop Surfer from being a Surfer-level being? No. Thanos has done absolutely nothing to suggest he can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously. Originally posted by vince_slice
Yeah, a "non-chalant" Odin failed to KO Thanos after a prolonged battle, which was the main point. You really think that says nothing about how Thanos would fare in this fight? I think it's obvious that if Thanos can endure the onslaught Odin gave him without being knocked out, he could endure the damage The Worthy give him long enough to pull the win. He has the durability, the power, and the smarts to take these guys out. But of course, it wouldn't be easy. Because Thanos has done absolutely nothing to suggest he can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously. Stomping Surfer 1on1 doesn't prove that. Getting one-shotted by Maker/Galactus doesn't prove that. Getting nearly no-sold by Odin/Tyrant doesn't prove that.

OneDumbG0
Thanos getting one shotted by Maker isn't something to be ashamed of. An insane Cube Being "sucker punched"/KOed him, then he gets back up and waxes that ass. He was still on his feet despite brutal attacks from Odin and Tyrant. His shields depleted Galactus. He's killed a high herald with seven punches. WTF don't you understand? Which of those worthless "Worthy" are on that level? I'm not shaming Thanos. Just highlighting how far more powerful Maker was because you keep trying to clumsily lump them together. I don't know how many more times I can point out and rip into your blatantly obvious mere association fallacy. Stop repeating it, stop trying to act like it's proven anything. Thor defeated the Odinforce-empowered, Dark God-amalgam, skyfather-level being, Zelia. Associating Thor with her doesn't catapult Thor beyond high herald level. Thor nearly killed Beta Ray Bill with several shots. Stop acting like high heralds haven't been utterly wrecked before. Thanos doing it on a somewhat more consistent basis doesn't even remotely suggest that he can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously, a feat even greater than that performed by DP Tyrant. Originally posted by zopzop
OMG Worthy Thing beat a Rulk that refused to use his full range of powers because he'd didn't want to get stuck in Rulk form! OMFG someone beat Namor underwater! Stop the presses. Bleeding Edge Ironman you say? That's way more impressive than a blast from Odin channel through Gungnir! Or an psychopathic Cube Being. You sure showed me! Low heralds don't curbstomp Rulk, Namor underwater, or Bleeding Edge Iron Man. Get your head out of your rear and read some Fear Itself tie-ins. Thor's deflected a blast from Gungnir, stop acting like Gungnir is the Odinsword. And Thanos got one-shotted by Maker. You're showing up yourself. Carry your ridiculous avy/sig in silence with some humility. Being butt-hurt doesn't justify your increasingly bizarre brazenness with your hasty overgeneralizations and hyperbolic statements. Originally posted by Silent Master
Let's not forget, it was the real Thanos until Starlin came along and retconned it because he hates having his pet characters lose. Let's also not forget that the whole "every Thanosi clone is weaker than the original except for Omega" myth was already busted. Only two Thanosi were ever stated to be lower level/weaker than the original Thanos: Ka-Zar Thanosi and Armor. People keep distorting that as if that was a blanket statement applying to all clones. Which is utterly false since another clone in that very same arc, Warrior, was actually several times more powerful and X and Mystic were stated to rival Thanos' power.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Don't you mean how Thanos owned the Maker as well? To not include that in your summary was pretty silly but transparent.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Really? He didn't fight evenly with Thor before getting the gun... please post the scans where Thor was beating Thanos before he got the gun.. or is this more of your bs

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's funny how the worthy are Thor level.. yet Thor waxed two at the same time.. so clearly, they are NOT Thor level in power. If Thor can wax two of them.. considering Thanos track record of waxing heralds... I see no reason to believe he could put 8 down. Would it be a tough fight.. of course.. and impossible one.. not even close.

Again, why does ODG keep saying the maker beat Thanos and forgets the rest of the fight... She caught him by surprise and blasted him. Once he was prepared for a fight and they foght again... he beat her with the utmost of ease.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Really? He didn't fight evenly with Thor before getting the gun... please post the scans where Thor was beating Thanos before he got the gun.. or is this more of your bs

Why did he need the gun?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Point me to the scans where Thor is beating Thanos and they aren't fighting on even footing... THAT IS YOUR CLAIM. Don't ask me a question.. back up your claim.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If the battle had continued Thanos would have gotten his ass kicked eventually even if he had the Infinity Watch backing him up. I wager it would have happened sooner rather than later and it was something Thanos realized. If the previous battle was any indication, Thor would have most likely directly tapped the Power Gem, giving him the power to knock the Titan out. That being said, the battle was going back and forth for the most part.

Still, you're the last person who should be demanding evidence to back up claims Kurupt after the stuff you've argued over the years. Remember when you made up a system of points that according to you proved Thanos won?

All the other clones were weaker. Except Omega.

But if that doesn't work for you, there's fighting evenly with Blood and Thunder Thor with the Power Gem, who rape stomped Surfer and other herald levelers.

Untrue. Different clones specialized or even exceeded the Titan in particular fields.

There's nothing to suggest that the doppelganger that appeared in Thor was any weaker than the real deal. At the very least, it was intended to be just as powerful as the real deal.

The clone was killed from some magical items imbued with a small portion of the Odinforce,

Thanos himself has survived worse than that.

It was the tear of the Designate that killed Thanos as it burns anything that's evil.

An amped Thor did defeat that version of the Titan however. Either way it doesn't matter as the clone had a massive boost. Thanos would have fared much worse against that Thor under his own power.

Silent Master
Point me to the scans where Thor is beating Thanos and they aren't fighting on even footing... THAT IS YOUR CLAIM. Don't ask me a question.. back up your claim.

I said that Thanos ran and grabbed the gun becauze he couldn't physically beat Thor, which is the truth.

cdtm
Why did he need the gun?

Because he's not Lobo, and isn't obsessed with pointless fighting?

And does it really matter if he would have lost? The fact it was a fight at all is the important point, because this Thor was tearing through heralds like a hot knife through butter.

cdtm
Not to mention, you're looking at him using a gun as a bad thing.

Thanos stopped Blood and Thunder Thor with the Power Gem, using a gun he just happened to have in his closet. He didn't even have prep, it's just some item he had lying around.

Now, the OP didn't say Thanos has prep, but this is obviously a scenario fight, and this is friggan Thanos.. So the OP needs to make it clear if Thanos is coming specifically to fight the Worthy, and if he's prepared for this fight, as Thanos in comic book scenarios certainly would be?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was an experimental device he was working on. It's not like he shrugged and pulled something out of a shoe box. Thanos had the advantage of being in his base.

In regards to the fight, the Worthy win. As a matter of fact, the battle would be over the moment Creel gets his hands on Thanos.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It was an experimental device he was working on. It's not like he shrugged and pulled something out of a shoe box. Thanos had the advantage of being in his base.

In regards to the fight, the Worthy win. As a matter of fact, the battle would be over the moment Creel gets his hands on Thanos.

The point is, if that's what Thanos can do with stuff he has lying around, imagine what he'll do with specialized prep?

And as for Creel, he'll know enough not to let Creel touch him (He keeps tabs on Dr. Doom, for cripes sake, not to mention the Thanos clones were designed to test a wide array of characters abilities, so his intel on potential threats is pretty sound.. he'll know about Creel) He can just bfr him with a teleport.

JakeTheBank
We should ask the OP for clarification. I'd rather not assume Thanos has some kind of vague prep/in-depth knowledge of the Worthy.

lft4ded
I'll side with the Worthy on this. Nul, Kuurth and Greithoth will likely lead to Thanos' undoing. The others are just the last straws that break the Titan's back.

KuRuPT Thanosi

This is the thing... They weren't Thor level.. if Thor beat two of them by himself at the same time.. Period. Now if Thor can beat two of them... Thanos can surely beat more no?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Right here you said they weren't fighting evenly... Now prove they weren't fighting evenly. Even Rage admits they were.. now prove your point or concede they were fighting evenly

Rage.Of.Olympus
The point is, if that's what Thanos can do with stuff he has lying around, imagine what he'll do with specialized prep?

And as for Creel, he'll know enough not to let Creel touch him (He keeps tabs on Dr. Doom, for cripes sake, not to mention the Thanos clones were designed to test a wide array of characters abilities, so his intel on potential threats is pretty sound.. he'll know about Creel) He can just bfr him with a teleport.

Like I said, this wasn't just some trivial toy he picked up. It was an experimental weapon he was working on in his lab.

You sure are making a lot of assumptions about Thanos' capabilities.

For the record, Creel and the other Worthy can teleport.

cdtm
Like I said, this wasn't just some trivial toy he picked up. It was an experimental weapon he was working on in his lab.

You sure are making a lot of assumptions about Thanos' capabilities.

For the record, Creel and the other Worthy can teleport.

Not really making too many assumptions, given Thanos's history as a prep god.

Thanos can also transmutate and mind screw. How's Creel's resistance to those things?

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is the thing... They weren't Thor level.. if Thor beat two of them by himself at the same time.. Period. Now if Thor can beat two of them... Thanos can surely beat more no?

That logic doesn't really hold up under scrutiny. It also isn't the best comparison as Thanos isn't fighting two of the Worthy, but all of them. One in particular who'll just turn Thanos' power against him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really making too many assumptions, given Thanos's history as a prep god.

Thanos can also transmutate and mind screw. How's Creel's resistance to those things?

Fair enough. You haven't been making many of them, but you are assuming stuff like vague prep etc.

Transmutation against an amped Creel? Yea, not liking his chances. And Thanos has used transmutation like maybe once?

Not sure about regular Creel but I'll assume Worthy Creel has enhanced telepathic defenses. It seems to be a basic power up along with increased stats.

Silent Master
Because he's not Lobo, and isn't obsessed with pointless fighting?

And does it really matter if he would have lost? The fact it was a fight at all is the important point, because this Thor was tearing through heralds like a hot knife through butter.

And was only temporarily restrained by the gun, even Thanos admitted that Thor would escape.

Restraining PG Thor isn't a power feat for Thanos as anyone with that gun could have temporarily restrained Thor, at best it's a tech feat.

cdtm
If Thanos wanted to steal a gun, wouldn't it make sense to wait for the bug free version to be built first?

I mean, just from a logic standpoint, why steal a potentially problem laden prototype?

KuRuPT Thanosi
That logic doesn't really hold up under scrutiny. It also isn't the best comparison as Thanos isn't fighting two of the Worthy, but all of them. One in particular who'll just turn Thanos' power against him.

Tell me, how doesn't it hold up under scrutiny? Thor beat two of them right? So Thanos has a much better record against heralds then Thor.. so if Thor can beat two... why can't Thanos beat more again? If you don't believe he can beat 8... surely you feel like he can beat 4 or 5 right?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still waiting Silent.. or concede

cdtm
Tell me, how doesn't it hold up under scrutiny? Thor beat two of them right? So Thanos has a much better record against heralds then Thor.. so if Thor can beat two... why can't Thanos beat more again? If you don't believe he can beat 8... surely you feel like he can beat 4 or 5 right?

What's Thanos going to do against Creel?

iceman24567
What's Thanos going to do against Creel? The almighty force block!

KuRuPT Thanosi
What's Thanos going to do against Creel?

Other than being superior to him in virtually ever way that matters in a fight... I'm not understanding your question.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Because the two were Thor level and Thor was only capable of defeating them by pushing himself. As a matter of fact, he didn't even take one of them down. Thanos in comparison also faces 6 Worthy, one of which has a power set that in itself nearly guarantees a win.

It depends which four in particular he was fighting. A combination of Worthy Creel and Hulk alone is enough to beat Thanos imho.

JakeTheBank
Other than being superior to him in virtually ever way that matters in a fight... I'm not understanding your question.

What could Thanos actually do to Creel that's in character for him is what he's asking, I'm thinking. If he makes physical contact with him, Creel absorbs his properties. If he shoots a blast at him, Creel absorbs it. Not to mention he has a Mjolnir equivalent and the brains to use it and his new powers.

The argument "He's Thanos!" isn't enough to guarantee his victory here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you're saying he can't even beat two like Thor did... surely you jest. I'm asking a simple question.. if Thor can beat two.. how many can Thanos beat? Only two?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What the f*ck kind of answer is that?

If you don't know, just say you don't know. There's no shame in not being sure.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What could Thanos actually do to Creel that's in character for him is what he's asking, I'm thinking. If he makes physical contact with him, Creel absorbs his properties. If he shoots a blast at him, Creel absorbs it. Not to mention he has a Mjolnir equivalent and the brains to use it and his new powers.

The argument "He's Thanos!" isn't enough to guarantee his victory here.

can you point me to the highest Character he beat one v one please.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you're saying he can't even beat two like Thor did... surely you jest. I'm asking a simple question.. if Thor can beat two.. how many can Thanos beat? Only two?

You're joking right?

JakeTheBank
can you point me to the highest Character he beat one v one please.

Thanos or Creel?

Either way, it's kind of a moot point because Thanos is fighting all of the Worthy at once. And nothing I've seen from Thanos suggests him beating them all down by himself and under his own power. Really, the only thing Thanos has going for him is his ridiculous durability.

Is Thanos beyond them individually? Sure. But that in of itself isn't enough to give him the win. And using his reputation of being Thanos isn't a feat, either.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're joking right?

I never joke Old Chum... So again... how many can Thanos beat.. excluding creel?

Silent Master
Still waiting Silent.. or concede \

Why did Thanos run away and grab a gun?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos or Creel?

Either way, it's kind of a moot point because Thanos is fighting all of the Worthy at once. And nothing I've seen from Thanos suggests him beating them all down by himself and under his own power. Really, the only thing Thanos has going for him is his ridiculous durability.

Is Thanos beyond them individually? Sure. But that in of itself isn't enough to give him the win. And using his reputation of being Thanos isn't a feat, either.

Of course I wouldn't be asking about Thanos buddy. I'm asking for the best person Creel beat one v one.. or shoot even his best feat.. Whether you think he can beat 8 or not.. I'm okay with.. maybe he can't... What I want to know is.. if Thor can beat 2... excluding creel.. how many can thanos beat?

KuRuPT Thanosi
\

Why did Thanos run away and grab a gun?

Did you say you say weren't fighting evenly? Should I post your quote again and make you look like a fool for not conceding you said it?

Silent Master
Running away and grabbing a gun doesn't sound like the actions of someone that was holding their own.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I never joke Old Chum... So again... how many can Thanos beat.. excluding creel?

Why should we exclude Creel? That doesn't seem fair.

Thanos is extremely powerful, and I'd bet on him taking down any of the Worthy -except Hulk and full power Cain- as most herald level beings pose him little to no problem.

There, I've talked up Thanos, you satisfied?

OneDumbG0
Don't you mean how Thanos owned the Maker as well? To not include that in your summary was pretty silly but transparent. Thanos didn't own the Maker. Thanos talked her down while in her psychotic vulnerable mortal form and lobotomized her psychotic vulnerable mortal form. Let's not pretend them eye beams were among the greatest of Thanos' blasting attacks. Let's not pretend that she didn't one-shot him. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
It's funny how the worthy are Thor level.. yet Thor waxed two at the same time.. so clearly, they are NOT Thor level in power. If Thor can wax two of them.. considering Thanos track record of waxing heralds... I see no reason to believe he could put 8 down. Would it be a tough fight.. of course.. and impossible one.. not even close. Thor "waxed" Beta Ray Bill and Surfer at the same time. They're not Thor-level beings? Stop pretending to be so narrow-minded. You know this is a loser of an argument. Even Fear Itself and its tie-ins are replete with clear, obvious statements of how the Worthy are each Thor-level in power. And the statements are backed up with feats. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Again, why does ODG keep saying the maker beat Thanos and forgets the rest of the fight... She caught him by surprise and blasted him. Once he was prepared for a fight and they foght again... he beat her with the utmost of ease. She one-shotted Thanos. And the scale of every blast thereafter was far smaller. Thanos is capable of beating a Cube Being (who herself was capable of one-shotting him out of petulance), so long as the Cube Being holds back such blasts and places herself into a vulnerable mortal form. Thor "owned" the Odinforce-empowered, Dark God amalgam, skyfather level Zelia straight up. That doesn't justify conflating the two through a blatant association fallacy.

Thanos getting one-shotted, then killing a mentally unstable, vulnerable Cube Being in a mortal body with pew-pew lasres from his eyes =/= evidence he can beat 8 Thor level beings simultaneously.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why should we exclude Creel? That doesn't seem fair.

Thanos is extremely powerful, and I'd bet on him taking down any of the Worthy -except Hulk and full power Cain- as most herald level beings pose him little to no problem.

There, I've talked up Thanos, you satisfied?

Fair enough, Thor is the most powerful herald, who can give Thanos a good fight each and every time

zopzop
I'm not shaming Thanos. Just highlighting how far more powerful Maker was because you keep trying to clumsily lump them together. I don't know how many more times I can point out and rip into your blatantly obvious mere association fallacy. Stop repeating it, stop trying to act like it's proven anything. Thor defeated the Odinforce-empowered, Dark God-amalgam, skyfather-level being, Zelia. Associating Thor with her doesn't catapult Thor beyond high herald level. Thor nearly killed Beta Ray Bill with several shots. Stop acting like high heralds haven't been utterly wrecked before. Thanos doing it on a somewhat more consistent basis doesn't even remotely suggest that he can defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously, a feat even greater than that performed by DP Tyrant. Low heralds don't curbstomp Rulk, Namor underwater, or Bleeding Edge Iron Man. Get your head out of your rear and read some Fear Itself tie-ins. Thor's deflected a blast from Gungnir, stop acting like Gungnir is the Odinsword. And Thanos got one-shotted by Maker. You're showing up yourself. Carry your ridiculous avy/sig in silence with some humility. Being butt-hurt doesn't justify your increasingly bizarre brazenness with your hasty overgeneralizations and hyperbolic statements.

An insane, bloodlusted Thor almost killed someone who was trying to help him....and? "Curbstomping" a Rulk that's NOT USING ALL HIS POWERS for fear he'll stay stuck in Rulk form isn't impressive. Namor sucks period so..... What else have the Worthy done that says they are Thor level beings? I'll wait.

Not ONE of the Worthy is Thor level, I challenge you to prove that statement, the only one who possibly came close was Worthy Cain with Cytorrak's power thorwn in the mix.

Thor using an ELITE ARTIFACT deflected a blast from Gungnir? And? Four of those hammers held up all the multiverse. Thanos MUSCLED through a Gungnir blast and wrestled Odin for control of the spear.

Thanos has a history of battling and surviving against far more impressive beings than the Worthy.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos didn't own the Maker. Thanos talked her down while in her psychotic vulnerable mortal form and lobotomized her psychotic vulnerable mortal form. Let's not pretend them eye beams were among the greatest of Thanos' blasting attacks. Thor "waxed" Beta Ray Bill and Surfer at the same time. They're not Thor-level beings? Stop pretending to be so narrow-minded. You know this is a loser of an argument. Even Fear Itself and its tie-ins are replete with clear, obvious statements of how the Worthy are each Thor-level in power. And the statements are backed up with feats. She one-shotted Thanos. And the scale of every blast thereafter was far smaller. Thanos is capable of beating a Cube Being (who herself was capable of one-shotting him out of petulance), so long as the Cube Being holds back such blasts and places herself into a vulnerable mortal form. Thor "owned" the Odinforce-empowered, Dark God amalgam, skyfather level Zelia straight up. That doesn't justify conflating the two through a blatant association fallacy.

Thanos getting one-shotted, then killing a mentally unstable, vulnerable Cube Being in a mortal body with pew-pew lasres from his eyes =/= evidence he can beat 8 Thor level beings simultaneously.

I have never said Thanos can beat all 8... what I am saying is he can beat more than Thor did. Whether that is 4 or 5 or 6 I guess depends on highly you rate the Worthy and Thanos.

Can you post the scans of Thanos talking down The maker before any of her subsequent blasts? You act like he mentally attacked her first, which couldn't be further from the truth. They exchanged blasts first... Thanos casually dealing with her blasts this time when he was prepared for a fight.. THEN and ONLY THEN did he subdue her mentally. Do you have a special edition of the comic where Thanos doesn't fight her and exchange blasts and just mind rapes her?

OneDumbG0
^ I assumed you were defending zopzop's claim. So I'll disregard everything you said. Originally posted by zopzop
An insane, bloodlusted Thor almost killed someone who was trying to help him....and? "Curbstomping" a Rulk that's NOT USING ALL HIS POWERS for fear he'll stay stuck in Rulk form isn't impressive. Namor sucks period so..... What else have the Worthy done that says they are Thor level beings? I'll wait.

Not ONE of the Worthy is Thor level, I challenge you to prove that statement, the only one who possibly came close was Worthy Cain with Cytorrak's power thorwn in the mix. All of your "nuh uhs" don't change the simple and obvious fact that the Worthy are Thor-level beings. Curbstomping Rulk, underwater Namor, Bleeding Edge Iron Man are Thor-level feats. I can't name a lot of people who aren't Thor-level who can do that. Of course, nobody knows what physical level Colossusnaut is operating at. But if it's anywhere in the vicinity of classic Juggernaut (as would be the reasonable assumption), Kuurth physically being over that level and only losing out to his unstoppability is Thor level as well. Time will surely tell on that front as Colossusnaut looks like he's here to stay.

Retarded. Originally posted by zopzop
Thor using an ELITE ARTIFACT deflected a blast from Gungnir? And? Four of those hammers held up all the multiverse. Thanos MUSCLED through a Gungnir blast and wrestled Odin for control of the spear.

Thanos has a history of battling and surviving against far more impressive beings than the Worthy. And ironically the Worthy each have Mjolnir-type weapons. And frankly speaking, normal Thor has had bigger problems blocking Destroyer's attacks than he did Gungnir. Tanking Gungnir and eventually being pounded into the ground doesn't prove Thanos can beat 8 Thor-level beings with Mjolnir copies simultaneously.

So does Thor. Doesn't (and didn't) mean Thor will beat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously. Oddly enough, you're proving how shallow your own argument is.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I can't even view this special comic where Thanos doesn't engage here in a blasting battle and just mind rapes her from the start? Ur mean then.

zopzop
^ I assumed you were defending zopzop's claim. So I'll disregard everything you said. All of your "nuh uhs" don't change the simple and obvious fact that the Worthy are Thor-level beings.

Retarded. And ironically the Worthy each have Mjolnir-type weapons. And frankly speaking, normal Thor has had bigger problems blocking Destroyer's attacks than he did Gungnir. Tanking Gungnir and eventually being pounded into the ground doesn't prove Thanos can beat 8 Thor-level beings with Mjolnir copies simultaneously.

So does Thor. Doesn't (and didn't) mean Thor will beat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously. Oddly enough, you're proving how shallow your own argument is.

A) You have yet to PROVE the Worthy are Thor level beings, so I'm still waiting on that.

B) It's not "nuh uhs", Thor WAS bloodlusted and BRB WAS trying to talk sense into him. Rulk WASN'T using his energy absorption powers during the Worthy Thing fight for fear of being stuck in Rulk form. Namor DOES suck (in or out of water). If that's the best you got, don't bother responding.

OneDumbG0
^ They're stated to be Thor level, numerous times. They have Mjolnir copies. And they each have the team-wrecking, low herald-curbstomping feats that Thor-level characters would have. Why you're butt-hurt, I don't know.

Thor wasn't going all-out in Fear Itself against Nul and Angrir? You're not even pointing to a distinction worth noting. Ironically, you're pointing to a similarity. Thor went all-out vs the two pairs. And they were each Thor-level. BRB and Surfer weren't holding back by the end, and if you're relying on the fact that they started out holding back (which is fair), that explains why Thor was not near death at the end of that battle, but he was near death at the end of the Nul/Angrir battle. So once again, you're pointing out a distinction that ironically furthers the applicability of the comparison I made.

All-out Thor beat the phuck out of BRB/Surfer who initially held back and Thor wasn't near death. Doesn't change that BRB and Surfer are Thor-level beings, since they have the stand-alone feats justifying so.

All-out Thor beat the phuck out of Nul/Angrir who didn't hold back and Thor was near death. Doesn't change that Nul and Angrir are Thor-level beings, since they have the stand-alone feats justifying so. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I can't even view this special comic where Thanos doesn't engage here in a blasting battle and just mind rapes her from the start? Ur mean then. You mean where Maker starts using smaller blasts while in her mentally unstable, vulnerable, mortal form (after she one-shotted him)? You want all the context? There it is. If you aren't asserting that Thanos eventually killing Maker in her vulnerable mortal shell with pew-pew lasers is a feat indicative of him beating 8 Thor-level foes simultaneously, there's no point to this discussion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fair enough, Thor is the most powerful herald, who can give Thanos a good fight each and every time

inlove

zopzop
^ They're stated to be.....

sick

cdtm
The almighty force block!

Can't he just absorb the force block, and suddenly Thanos is fighting a sentient force field strong enough to tank his blasts? ^_^

I'm not strong on Creel, but basically he absorbs whatever he touches, right? Thanos uses cosmic blasts, and Creel powers up on them, if they melee he'll just gain Thanos stats, ect?

Rage.Of.Olympus
The fact that it's been 6 months and the worst showing so far is Bendis' favorite Avengers -next to Cage and Jones- giving it their all to barely keep Hulk off balance is in itself a feat. At this point I would have wagered we'd get a scene where some random character like Cannonball knocks one out or something. It almost always happens in big events where the villains engages almost every hero.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You mean where Maker starts using smaller blasts while in her mentally unstable, vulnerable, mortal form (after she one-shotted him)? You want all the context? There it is. If you aren't asserting that Thanos eventually killing Maker in her vulnerable mortal shell with pew-pew lasers is a feat indicative of him beating 8 Thor-level foes simultaneously, there's no point to this discussion.

Still confused a little though.. how was she mentally weaker after she blasts Thanos the first time? Where was it stated she was mentally weaker after that and before they engaged again?

OneDumbG0
^ She's psychotic. Always has been since she decided to take a vulnerable mortal form.

And zopzop, unsupported statements mean nothing. Which is why I refer you to their feats: Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ They're stated to be Thor level, numerous times. They have Mjolnir copies. And they each have the team-wrecking, low herald-curbstomping feats that Thor-level characters would have. I disagree with your position that Thor defeating but nearly dying to two foes bars either of those foes from being Thor-level. I also disagree with your position that the Worthy haven't shown us feats that are Thor-level. Frankly, just from the circumstances present in the book, their approximate power levels shouldn't be hard to gauge. They were all given Asgardian war hammers, got upgraded and have been wrecking teams and stomping low heralds and nearly killed an all-out Thor himself.

What... what is so hard to understand here? It's like, the most obvious premise of Fear Itself. They literally turned the Worthy into Thors. Is it that utterly fantastic to think *gasp* that they're Thor-level? Really?

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ She's psychotic. Always has been since she decided to take a vulnerable mortal form.

And zopzop, unsupported statements mean nothing. Which is why I refer you to their feats: I disagree with your position that Thor defeating but nearly dying to two foes bars either of those foes from being Thor-level. I also disagree with your position that the Worthy haven't shown us feats that are Thor-level. Frankly, just from the circumstances present in the book, their approximate power levels shouldn't be hard to gauge. They were all given Asgardian war hammers, got upgraded and have been wrecking teams and stomping low heralds and nearly killed an all-out Thor himself.

What... what is so hard to understand here? It's like, the most obvious premise of Fear Itself. They literally turned the Worthy into Thors. Is it that utterly fantastic to think *gasp* that they're Thor-level? Really?

Gotcha... so your claim that she was mentally weaker the next time... wasn't factual

your claim that she was mentally subdued by Thanos and there was no attacking.. wasn't factual...

lastly your claim that her blasts were any weaker because she was somehow more vulnerable... wasn't factual...

Got it.

OneDumbG0
Gotcha... so your claim that she was mentally weaker the next time... wasn't factual It would serve you well to read what I actually wrote. Instead of trying to put words into my mouth and argue past me and against a statement I never made. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
your claim that she was mentally subdued by Thanos and there was no attacking.. wasn't factual... It would serve you well to read what I actually wrote. Instead of trying to put words into my mouth and argue past me and against a statement I never made. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
lastly your claim that her blasts were any weaker because she was somehow more vulnerable... wasn't factual... It would serve you well to read what I actually wrote. Instead of trying to put words into my mouth and argue past me and against a statement I never made. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Got it. Get lost.

JakeTheBank

That pretty much wraps it up.

At it's most basic level, that's all Fear Itself is if you want to dumb things down and get right to the point. A bunch of hammers fall to Earth, various heroes and bad guys pick them up, they become Thor-analogues. They even have the characters in the books say "They have hammers just like Thor" or "So this is what it would be like if Thor went bad" etc.

You can argue the point that Thor's vast catalog of feats is superior as a whole compared to the Worthy, but when you look at their fights, its clear they're intended to be in his overall power level, if not extremely close to it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm you kinda did... You are making it seem like she was weaker when he beat her the first time.. there is zero evidence to support that. You made is seem like she was mentally weaker when that was never stated or even implised. You can't even say her blasts are weaker as collateral damage means very little. There is no reason to believe her blasts were any weaker at any point. What is more logical, is that Thanos was actually prepared this time.

zopzop
but when you look at their fights, its clear they're intended to be in his overall power level, if not extremely close to it.

Seriously? So Spider Woman can tear up Thor like she did Worthy Hulk? Because I call bullsh|t if you say yes and if you say no, then how can Worthy Hulk be Thor level?

Worthy Thing would have lost (according to on panel statements) if Rulk didn't hold back and use his energy absorption abilities in that fight.

What has worthy Titania done that puts her in Thor's league power wise?

What has worthy Attuma done? Beat Namor? laughing

The only Worthy that looked like he could give Thor a problem was Worthy Cain and that was because he was stacking power from two Gods. We saw what happened to him once Cytorrak withdrew his support.

zopzop
You can't even say her blasts are weaker as collateral damage means very little.

Collateral damage means nothing. Remember the Pre Retcon MM blast that Beyonder said could slag several thousand dimensions? The apartment it took place in wasn't even singed. laughing

Just smile and nod at OneDumbG0, Kurupt. It's what I do now.

OneDumbG0
^ You're an idiot if you think the two situations are analogous. Maker's small handblasts in her subsequent fight were weaker because they weren't full unfettered AoE blasts. There's a huge range difference that can be confirmed merely by looking at the comic and not acting dumber than a 3 year old retard. Throwing out a loaded term like collateral damage doesn't change that. Full AoE Thanos one-shotting blast is more powerful than mere single handblasts that Thanos slaps away with his own hands. Are you ducking fumb to think otherwise? Yes. Really ducking fumb.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm you kinda did... You are making it seem like she was weaker when he beat her the first time.. there is zero evidence to support that. You made is seem like she was mentally weaker when that was never stated or even implised. You can't even say her blasts are weaker as collateral damage means very little. There is no reason to believe her blasts were any weaker at any point. What is more logical, is that Thanos was actually prepared this time. No, I didn't. What I wrote was pretty clear. Reread it and stop having imaginary arguments with nobody. If you can't get your desperation imagination in check, then cease with the off-topic sh1t that nobody cares about since even you agree killing a mentally unstable, vulnerable mortal Maker with pew-pew lasers from his eyes doesn't mean he beats 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

zopzop
^ You're an idiot if you think the two situations are analogous. Maker's small handblasts in her subsequent fight were weaker because they weren't full unfettered AoE blasts. There's a huge range difference that can be confirmed merely by looking at the comic and not acting dumber than a 3 year old retard. Throwing out a loaded term like collateral damage doesn't change that. Full AoE Thanos one-shotting blast is more powerful than mere single handblasts that Thanos slaps away with his own hands. Are you ducking fumb to think otherwise? Yes. Really ducking fumb.

When the arguments fail and on panel evidence isn't there, now the childish insults begin. That's all you have really. Stew in your hate, I love it!

LOL @ "looking at the comic". It was the same comic that had Thanos get up from that sucker shot and then go on to own her. He deflected her blasts, he brought her to her knees, then he shut down her mind. But the collateral damage wasn't there! So I guess what we saw on panel is all meaningless. I guess Odin/Seth are more powerful than the Cosmic Hierarchy summoned to put down Thanos with the IG. I mean all they manged to do was destroy a few solar systems in the immediate vicinity of the battlezone. Odin/Seth destroyed entire GALAXIES, reignited long dead stars throughout the UNIVERSE, and caused the multiverse to shake. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cdtm
A feat being overlooked:

Thanos wasted groups of Punishers in one shot each. Surfer had trouble with just one, and had to alter it's programming to defeat it.

carver9
Seriously? So Spider Woman can tear up Thor like she did Worthy Hulk? Because I call bullsh|t if you say yes and if you say no, then how can Worthy Hulk be Thor level?

Worthy Thing would have lost (according to on panel statements) if Rulk didn't hold back and use his energy absorption abilities in that fight.

What has worthy Titania done that puts her in Thor's league power wise?

What has worthy Attuma done? Beat Namor? laughing

The only Worthy that looked like he could give Thor a problem was Worthy Cain and that was because he was stacking power from two Gods. We saw what happened to him once Cytorrak withdrew his support.

Let's see what Thor think about one of the Worthys.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8383/thorvshulkandthing6.jpg

psycho gundam
thanos actually beat maker with telepathy; one initially made her facial orifices bleed and then one more at the end of the fight that erased her mind.

OneDumbG0
When the arguments fail and on panel evidence isn't there, now the childish insults begin. That's all you have really. Stew in your hate, I love it!

LOL @ "looking at the comic". It was the same comic that had Thanos get up from that sucker shot and then go on to own her. He deflected her blasts, he brought her to her knees, then he shut down her mind. But the collateral damage wasn't there! So I guess what we saw on panel is all meaningless. I guess Odin/Seth are more powerful than the Cosmic Hierarchy summoned to put down Thanos with the IG. I mean all they manged to do was destroy a few solar systems in the immediate vicinity of the battlezone. Odin/Seth destroyed entire GALAXIES, reignited long dead stars throughout the UNIVERSE, and caused the multiverse to shake. roll eyes (sarcastic) What's more powerful, a huge AoE blast that one-shot Thanos or a small handblast that Thanos slaps away?

You are ducking fumb to think they're equal or that collateral damage has anything to do with the obvious power differential. And you're a sad desperate troll to think you can try and argue your way out of this corner you backed yourself into.

zopzop
What's more powerful, a huge AoE blast that one-shot Thanos or a small handblast that Thanos slaps away?

You are ducking fumb to think they're equal or that collateral damage has anything to do with the obvious power differential. And you're a sad desperate troll to think you can try and argue your way out of this corner you backed yourself into.

The COMBINED might of the cosmic hierarchy in one huge AoE blast only laid waste to "several solar systems in the nearby vicinity" of the initial attack. Odin/Seth's "small handblasts" were shaking the multiverse, reigniting dead stars throughout the universe, and shattering GALAXIES. Want a picture? Here you go :

"Small handblasts" :
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6923/odinseth030qo.th.jpg

vs "Large AoE attack" :
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5380/theinfinityguantlet0509.th.jpg

Yet the "small handblasts" caused MORE collateral damage than the entire cosmic hierarchy's combined assault.

Collateral damage isn't the end all be all. You're the one that's "trapped in a corner" with your meaningless metric of power. Thanos beats the "Worthies" asses.

OneDumbG0
^ This has nothing to do with collateral damage. Maker one-shotted Thanos with a huge AoE blast. Subsequently, Maker shot small handblasts which Thanos simply slapped away. Which was more powerful? Try and answer that question in your sad little corner if the Galactus-shaped boot up your butt hasn't rendered you completely insensate.

If you can't answer that simple question, answer this question. Which blast was more powerful, Hal's huge blast that one-shotted Krona or Hal's small blast that Krona no-sold:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Krona02.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Krona01.jpg

Let me know when you can compose yourself again to understand the simple difference between huge blasts that one-shot a foe and single handblasts that are easily tanked/defended by that same foe.

zopzop
^ This has nothing to do with collateral damage. Maker one-shotted Thanos with a huge AoE blast. Subsequently, Maker shot small handblasts which Thanos simply slapped away.

What's the size of the blast have to do with anything? How large was MM's blast that could slag several billion dimensions vs Maker's "large" AoE blast? Or Odin's hand blasts that shook the multiverse and destroyed galaxies? OBVIOUSLY the size was meaningless in terms of their power output.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3899/mmnx9.th.jpg

HUGE blast :
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/236/thor198838721.th.jpg

MUCh smaller blast :
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9805/thorvscelestials16.th.jpg

Yet the smaller blast was more powerful

OneDumbG0
^ What's a more powerful attack? Maker one-shotting Thanos with a huge AoE blast or Maker shooting small handblasts at Thanos simply slaps away? Which is the more powerful attack?

Obviously you were mentally incapable of figuring out the Hal/Krona query since you couldn't even bring yourself to venture a guess. Let's try again -- giving you the benefit of the doubt that your butt-hurt isn't at defcon 4 rectal dam burst levels now and you're not trying to desperately deflect from the simple truth that is raping you -- which blast was more powerful, Cyclops' huge get-off-my-lawn blast that one-shotted a Sentinel or Cyclops' small pew-pew blast that was easily deflected by the same Sentinel's hand:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Cyclops04.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Cyclops03.jpg

Which attack by Cyclops was more powerful? Too tough for you, eh? You can't understand the simple difference between huge powerful blasts that one-shot a foe and single weaker blasts that are easily deflected by that same foe?

No? Have you passed the 2nd grade? Do you have an answer for either of the three questions yet? Do you understand that a huge blast that one-shots a foe is far more powerful than a smaller blast that is easily deflected/no sold by that same foe? Or are you till trying to pretend that throwing out terms like collateral damage have anything to do with something a retarded monkey can figure out?

psycho gundam
popping popcorn is too loud at 3:30 am, so i'm slamming charrios instead

carry on

zopzop
^ What's a more powerful attack? Maker one-shotting Thanos with a huge AoE blast or Maker shooting small handblasts at Thanos simply slaps away? Which is the more powerful attack?

Obviously you were mentally incapable of figuring out the Hal/Krona query since you couldn't even bring yourself to venture a guess. Let's try again -- giving you the benefit of the doubt that your butt-hurt isn't at defcon 4 rectal dam burst levels now and you're not trying to desperately deflect from the simple truth that is raping you -- which blast was more powerful, Cyclops' huge get-off-my-lawn blast that one-shotted a Sentinel or Cyclops' small pew-pew blast that was easily deflected by the same Sentinel's hand:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Cyclops04.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Cyclops03.jpg

Which attack by Cyclops was more powerful? Too tough for you, eh? You can't understand the simple difference between huge powerful blasts that one-shot a foe and single weaker blasts that are easily deflected by that same foe?

No? Have you passed the 2nd grade? Do you have an answer for either of the three questions yet? Do you understand that a huge blast that one-shots a foe is far more powerful than a smaller blast that is easily deflected/no sold by that same foe? Or are you till trying to pretend that throwing out terms like collateral damage have anything to do with something a retarded monkey can figure out?

What the hell are you talking about. I've already showed you scans that show the size of the blast isn't the end all be all of it's power (same goes for collateral damage). The Maker sucker shot Thanos, then he came back and owned her. Nothing she tried worked and he shut down her mind. You arguing over the size of the blast is just your attempt to take away from his owning of an insane Cube Being. For the record, if it wasn't for the "halo" around Hal's kill shot, the actual "beam" is more or less the same size.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>