Psylocke vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
I looked didn't see the fight so here it is.

Bentley
Does she has tk? If not, MN should take it handily. Ask Srank, he readily agrees.

Konton
Midnighter, but Betsy is no slouch (even without tk) and could keep pace for a while in a straight h2h encounter.

No restraints? She wins via tp every time.

Bentley
I think MN has some sort of tp resistance. Not sure though.

guy222
betsy defeated the fury

stick out tongue

she is chosen to become the new poccy

golem370
She uses her tp for for precog and for the fight and a psionic Katana

juggernaut74
Psylocke should win.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Bentley
Does she has tk? If not, MN should take it handily. Ask Srank, he readily agrees.

Midnighter can't even beat Zealot. cool

Prep-Man
Not exactly true. The writer said it was dead even, with anyone could win. So far, DCnU Midnighter seems a bit more formiable.

srankmissingnin
I don't know what the writer may have said in some interview, but what actually happened in the comic is that Zealot was beating Midnighter in h2h and weapons combat until she was distracted by an outside source and he capitalized on the situation.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Konton
Midnighter, but Betsy is no slouch (even without tk) and could keep pace for a while in a straight h2h encounter.

No restraints? She wins via tp every time.
Why does MN win? Psylocke can amp her abilities beyond him and is more skilled of the two combatants, she also could simply read his mind or shot it down.

true, but even with out mind rape, she could very much defeat him.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't know what the writer may have said in some interview, but what actually happened in the comic is that Zealot was beating Midnighter in h2h and weapons combat until she was distracted by an outside source and he capitalized on the situation. Yeah, what actually happened was Zealot was not defeating Midnighter in H2H. They were equal for hours on end. And Zealot also capitalized on Jenny's death during weapons combat and they still ended up in a stalemate just immediately before Maul interfered. And stalemating her in straight-up weapons combat with her blades that can slice through anything is extraordinary in itself. I don't recall many (if any?) characters without equal weapons and peer stats doing that.

In pure H2H skill and weapons combat, I'd take Zealot over Psylocke.

Deadline
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Why does MN win? Psylocke can amp her abilities beyond him

When did she learn to do that?

Bentley
Why does MN win? Psylocke can amp her abilities beyond him and is more skilled of the two combatants, she also could simply read his mind or shot it down.

true, but even with out mind rape, she could very much defeat him.

Unless she can use precog, slightly better status won't help.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Deadline
When did she learn to do that?

When she came back from the other world after House of M, she can amp her strength to class 100 with telekinetic and also her speed and agility all that good stuff.

Digi
Wildstorm MNer had some decent tp resistance. It was never really explored too thoroughly, so we don't have definite levels on it.

Glorificus
Psylocke wins.

What's Midnighter going to do when Psylocke is tossing him around like a ragdoll with her TK? Of if she just snapped his neck with her TK?

Prep-Man
Speed blitzes her to death.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Psylocke is not slow her damn self, lets be real here wink, she has the ability to hide herself "Psychic Shadow" and telepathic illusion projection and she is a damn pecog. Psylocke is too damn versatile form him, not saying MN won't give her hell, is that betsy powers and abilities will be just to much too over come.

golem370
Read the stips I said she can use her tp for precog and for a psi-katana thats all. I had her using her precog to counter his calculation speed.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the Darkone
Psylocke is not slow her damn self, lets be real here wink, she has the ability to hide herself "Psychic Shadow" and telepathic illusion projection and she is a damn pecog. Psylocke is too damn versatile form him, not saying MN won't give her hell, is that betsy powers and abilities will be just to much too over come.

Midnighter just snuck up on one of the world's most powerful psychics. MM. And took him out with one nerve pinch. And MM is much more versatile than Betty.

the Darkone
Originally posted by golem370
Read the stips I said she can use her tp for precog and for a psi-katana thats all. I had her using her precog to counter his calculation speed.

well if you would have stated it from the get go! She still wins!

Prep-Man
she wins tk and loses without,imo.

Dum Dum Dugan
Midnighter just snuck up on one of the world's most powerful psychics. MM. And took him out with one nerve pinch. And MM is much more versatile than Betty.
Issue and title please, and it that even consider cannon?

Is this a joke? You do realise how rediculous that sounds right? THERE I NO FING WAY THAT MN COULD SPEED BLIZT PSYLOCKE.

Dum Dum Dugan
Unless she can use precog, slightly better status won't help.
She does not need precog, she can read his mind. Even with out that ability she be more then a handful for him.

She could easily beat him via TK or Mind rape.

Also it not slightly better, but significantly, She been able to amp her strength well over 10 tons before.

Dum Dum Dugan
she wins tk and loses without,imo.
She still win via mind rape.

Also you took MN powers away and betsy and had them fight, she beat the shit out of him.

Prep-Man
Stormwatch #1. Been out since a month.

Dum Dum Dugan
Stormwatch #1. Been out since a month.
yea and? why does it being out for a month mean anything to me?

? Can you prove MM is even remotely comparable as prior to the reboot?

You kinda jumped to conclusion based off a single event, that may not even be remotely as impressive as your implying. The character numerous of them entire histories have changed including MM if not mistaken. So perhaps you should wait untill we actually know the extent of Jons current abilities before jumping on MN sack.

Prep-Man
It's part of the DCnU. SO YES IT IS CANNON!!!

Uriel005
so she forms a shell of katanas around her... whats midnighter gonna do then as she walks around in a human sized katamari of telekinetic pointy doom.

Dum Dum Dugan
It's part of the DCnU. SO YES IT IS CANNON!!!
I know I edit that, that I forgot they merg them. However my point still stands that there no evidence currently to suggest he an equal to he old self. His history has changed as has numerous other characters. So to pretend he is the same Jon as prior to the reboot is a stretch to say the least.

Prep-Man
He no sold Apollo's punch and said he could be the most powerful beign on the planet. Then took him out by shapeshiffting. It's an impressive feat whether you like it or not.

Dum Dum Dugan
He no sold Apollo's punch and said he could be the most powerful beign on the planet.
Taking apollos punch has what to do with his physic abilites?

Yes because we all know that character are 100% accurate and on point when they make statements on others powers/abilites right?laughing

Wolverine has stated yukio was the second best fighter on the plannet before.........

Then took him out by shapeshiffting. It's an impressive feat whether you like it or not.
I don't have an opinion in terms of liking or not. If anything I lean more to liking it since I MN fan, but to pretend that MN sneaking up on jon (who abilities have yet defined) means he be immune to psylocke telepathy a stretch to say the least.

Again what does any of that have to do with his physic abilites? Do you simply enjoy throwing out red herrings?

Prep-Man
BTW, MM history has been unchanged, so his previous feats count.

Dum Dum Dugan
BTW, MM history has been unchanged, so his previous feats count.
Entire universe was alter for the most part, prove that jons history remain completely the same, because that is a load of horse shit. I be waiting for you to prove other wise. The fact alone we know supermans history was completely alter alone means MM history is not the same. But keep on at it with the reaching.

Prep-Man
Paul has stated in his interviews. Some characters are changing and some are not.

Dum Dum Dugan
Paul has stated in his interviews. Some characters are changing and some are not.
That does not make you argument legitimate. Because the still does not legitimize there feats, because there history was still alter. Character staying similar and being the same powerlevel is not the same thing. I love how you just decide MM the same exact character in every way shape or form based off a single issue. Please lets see evidence that jon is the same power in all of his abilites he was prior to the reboot. Actually the fact he even on Storm watch tells you he not the same character.

Prep-Man
He is, because if you read the comic, his time with the JLA is still there. But disagree all you want, I could care less.

Dum Dum Dugan
He is, because if you read the comic, his time with the JLA is still there. But disagree all you want, I could care less.
He was on that worlds justice league, not the same one from original DC Universe. Thanks for failing again as usual. How about proving he same powerlevel as prior to reboot, instead of using stupid arguements like "it said he was on the justice league" yes just like alternate wolverine "is on the x-men" not 616 x-men.

The universe at it foundations was alter to combind 3 different universes into one, and you wanna pretend he was on the same justice league and did the same things, and his history is exactly the same? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You can live in denial all you like, it par for the course.

jalek moye
If the writer stated his exact history is unchanged would that be enough for you (don't know if its the case but wondering)

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by jalek moye
If the writer stated his exact history is unchanged would that be enough for you (don't know if its the case but wondering)
yes, but that not going to happen and is down right impossiable, give the fact the entire history of the DC world was alter and combind with wildstorm universe and vertigo.

Not to mention key individuals who impacted MM life like Superman are completely different characters then they were prior to the reboot. In fact prior to the current universe then had been in the flash point universe which further complicated matters. The entire reality was pretty much created in a sense by Bary.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by jalek moye If the writer stated his exact history is unchanged would that be enough for you (don't know if its the case but wondering)

for me it is. the only real difference is when mm is on storwatch. hell be much more of a warrior. im sure paul will change some stuff, but either way mm is still powerful.

Dum Dum Dugan
for me it is.
Yea and you also thought friggin zealot was a class 10 amoung other stupid as shit reguarding anything the remotely displays characters from wildstorm as impressive, or frankly any character you like.

the only real difference is when mm is on storwatch. hell be much more of a warrior.

yea that not different at all right? one of the most peaceful characters, being on a team of killers roll eyes (sarcastic)

im sure paul will change some stuff, but either way mm is still powerful.
I never said he wasent.

I simply disagree with your insane assumption that sneaking up on MM constitutes MN being immune to Psylocke telepathy, which is foolishness. But thats par for the course with you reguarding wildstorm characters.

Prep-Man
hey, if the writer said it was intact. then its intact. who said they are a team of killers?

Dum Dum Dugan
hey, if the writer said it was intact. then its intact.
Except the writer never said that MM history was intacted nor that he was the same powerlevel in his abilities. You just assumed because you want MN feat to be more impressive then it is. But all that was said is that in the past he was on JLA, but so was superman, batman ect. Who have especially in Supermans cases had much different origins. So your trying to tell me he some how were to assume he some how magically immune to matter/universe manipulation.......

who said they are a team of killers?
From reading them. They are all pretty willing to kill and in extreme cruel fashion. So if they are like there original selfs he be on a team of killers, but perhaps they were alter by the merger.

Dum Dum Dugan
Now that is not to say he could not be as powerful and as good at his abilities as he was in DC universe but to simply assume I think is a stretch given how much has changed. He needs to aleast establish a level of prowess before simply assuming after an issue that he same phistory/powerlevel in all his abilities.

-Pr-
Generally, DC seems to be taking the approach of picking and choosing what remains and what doesn't. There's really no guideline atm unless you can find a writer's statement or something on-panel.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-
Generally, DC seems to be taking the approach of picking and choosing what remains and what doesn't. There's really no guideline atm unless you can find a writer's statement or something on-panel.

Pretty much. They are keeping the good stuff and taking away the bad. Paul really liked MM history as is and won't be changing much.

Bentley
She does not need precog, she can read his mind. Even with out that ability she be more then a handful for him.

She could easily beat him via TK or Mind rape.

Also it not slightly better, but significantly, She been able to amp her strength well over 10 tons before.

Again, I'm supposing MN has tp resistance and hence reading his mind and mind-rape would be off the table. But yes, normally TP should net her a win, as I said in the first post (any throwing weapon should be dodged by her rather high skill).

In a comic MN might get the win, but Betsy at her best should foil him.

Prep-Man
Except the writer never said that MM history was intacted nor that he was the same powerlevel in his abilities. You just assumed because you want MN feat to be more impressive then it is. But all that was said is that in the past he was on JLA, but so was superman, batman ect. Who have especially in Supermans cases had much different origins. So your trying to tell me he some how were to assume he some how magically immune to matter/universe manipulation.......

From reading them. They are all pretty willing to kill and in extreme cruel fashion. So if they are like there original selfs he be on a team of killers, but perhaps they were alter by the merger.

The WS characters are totally rebooted. Not all of them kills. And Paul said that MM history is intact.

Dum Dum Dugan
Again, I'm supposing MN has tp resistance and hence reading his mind and mind-rape would be off the table.

Having TP resistance does not make you immune to telepathy. Wolverine has more forms of TP resistances and better feats then MN and he not immune to telepathy. Not sure why you think having some tp resistances makes you immune it doesent. She been able to read several people with telepathic restances powerful onces, to assume MN is immune to her is an insane leap.

But yes, normally TP should net her a win, as I said in the first post (any throwing weapon should be dodged by her rather high skill).

It will net her the win. MN not immune to telepathy nor does he have the feats to suggest he be immune to Psylocke.

I don't even think MM telepathy was even brought up during the incident.

Dum Dum Dugan
The WS characters are totally rebooted. Not all of them kills. And Paul said that MM history is intact.
were. Post evidence. Stop making bold claims with out backing it up when your repeatedly asked too. If he said it post it. Instead of dragging it on, but I have a feeling you might be full of crap.

cdtm
So, how powerful is her TK and TP compared to Captain Comets...?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by cdtm
So, how powerful is her TK and TP compared to Captain Comets...?
I dont read captain comet so i have no idea. why is it relevent?

Bentley
Having TP resistance does not make you immune to telepathy. Wolverine has more forms of TP resistances and better feats then MN and he not immune to telepathy. Not sure why you think having some tp resistances makes you immune it doesent. She been able to read several people with telepathic restances powerful onces, to assume MN is immune to her is an insane leap.

It will net her the win. MN not immune to telepathy nor does he have the feats to suggest he be immune to Psylocke.

I don't even think MM telepathy was even brought up during the incident.

Again, I don't recall if MN has tp ressistance, but I thought it was the case at some point. Even there, imo, tk is much more of a deal breaker.

I was talking about pre-relaunch MN anyways.

cdtm
I dont read captain comet so i have no idea. why is it relevent?

Because everyone pretty much agreed Captain Comet stomps MN.

Dum Dum Dugan
Again, I don't recall if MN has tp ressistance, but I thought it was the case at some point. Even there, imo, tk is much more of a deal breaker.

I was talking about pre-relaunch MN anyways.
yes but even with tp resistance he would not be immune. For example Wolverine has level 9 TP blockers, and mental defenses of his own and psylocke still got through.

TK is to much, if she wanted to she could just ripp him apart with it.

I was as well. It kinda pointless to debate a character who has one appearance

Prep-Man
Originally posted by cdtm
Because everyone pretty much agreed Captain Comet stomps MN.

CC has nothing on Midnighter. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.