Beware the Batman: New Animated Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=47551

Not sure how I feel about a CGI series; I definitely prefer classic animation.

JakeTheBank
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/35489L.jpg

Concept art.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=47551

Not sure how I feel about a CGI series; I definitely prefer classic animation.

so do I.It will probably suck like the new batman cartoon did.the one made in the 2000's sometime.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Mr Parker
so do I.It will probably suck like the new batman cartoon did.the one made in the 2000's sometime.
This will probably make that one look like a masterpiece.

Scythe
The f*ck is this shi-?! CG? What is this, the 90's? I thought for sure it would've been at least a flash-animation-esque since that seems to be all the rage latel. This better have good writing.

Ridley_Prime
Based on what I've seen so far, it won't. I mean, it's got Alfred with ****ing guns.

http://animeniacs.com/screenshots/DVD1396/PDVD_005.jpg

The pointless ninja sidekick doesn't help either.

Kazenji
Ha the Big O....

Scythe
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Based on what I've seen so far, it won't. I mean, it's got Alfred with ****ing guns.

I know, I predict this'll end much like The Batman toon.

jalek moye

is that from the show?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Scythe
I know, I predict this'll end much like The Batman toon.
It'll be worse than that.

Originally posted by jalek moye
is that from the show?
Nah, but it might as well be.

Also, Elektra. Nice.

BruceSkywalker
will wait and judge after i see it

Ridley_Prime
You always say that, but there's enough shown here for us to judge already, and it's utter crap.

Supermutant
DC needs to stay away from Batman and explore the thousands of other characters they have.

Ridley_Prime
Doing so doesn't necessarily mean they'd have to stay away from Batman altogether, though they definitely should've left him alone as far as animated series after the original Batman TAS and Batman Beyond. Then we wouldn't be getting crappy new series like this one.

Mr Parker
This will probably make that one look like a masterpiece.

sad but true.alfread with a machine gun? yeah I would say thats a fair statement.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Supermutant
DC needs to stay away from Batman and explore the thousands of other characters they have.

Well they have Green Lantern show coming done the same way with all CGI.

Ridley_Prime
*sigh* That CGI series better be a better representation of GL than what we have of Batman here.

Bat Dude
Batman: The Brave and the Bold > This garbage

The title got me all excited about a possible 1930s/Golden Age noir-styled "The Bat-Man" cartoon.

Needless to say I'm very unimpressed.

Badabing
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/35489L.jpg

Concept art. facepalmOriginally posted by Bat Dude
Batman: The Brave and the Bold > This garbage

The title got me all excited about a possible 1930s/Golden Age noir-styled "The Bat-Man" cartoon.

Needless to say I'm very unimpressed. Agreed.

BruceSkywalker
You always say that, but there's enough shown here for us to judge already, and it's utter crap.

well i am giving this show a chance and then if i hate it, i will say so

Darth Martin
What was wrong with The Batman? Granted, nothing is touching the TAS but for what it was I thought it was decent.

Ridley_Prime
I thought it was okay too, aside from the Joker they had. Just because it didn't hold a candle to Batman TAS doesn't necessarily mean it sucked as a whole.

Darth Martin
Yeah, I'll admit that version of Joker sucked.

Ridley_Prime
I did like the version of Killer Croc The Batman had though, as well as Freeze and Manbat, as far as what I can remember off the top of my head.

JakeTheBank
Y58FUObbptY

Darth Jello
What the hell are those things in he background? Is Batman fighting the Ani-Men from Silver Age Marvel Comics now?

Nephthys
One of them looks like Professor Pyg. I've heard that he's one of the more disturbing villains to be introduced recently, so it makes perfect sense to put him in a kids show.

spidermanrocks
Ugh. A kiddish CGI Batman cartoon with a ninja sidekick girl and a gun-toting Alfred that somehow fights by Batman's side using the very weapon Bruce hates and would never use because it would mean he crossed the line. Just think about it. Would Batman let any of his Bat family members use guns to shoot after criminals right in front on him? And that's ignoring the fact that Alfred wouldn't do it either way even if he had Bruce's permission because he's the closest one to understanding how Bruce was scarred by his parents' death. At least The Batman got that aspect of Bruce and Alfred right. So not only you can expect this show to be as kiddish and dumbed down as The Batman but you can also expect it to be even less accurate.

I'm tired of all the kiddish Batman shows (Brave & the Bold was doing something different so it doesn't count). Why can't they make another dark mature Batman animated series like the 90s cartoon? I would love to see a Batman cartoon for ages 14+ or something airing late night on Adult Swim. A cartoon where you can have Zsasz, where you can have people getting shot and dying, where you can have Bane breaking Batman's back on screen, where you can have Jason being beaten to death with a crowbar by the Joker, etc. Imagine how awesome that would be. I say either do that or stay away from Batman for a while and focus on doing a character that hasn't had an animated series at all or in a while. It would be awesome if we were to get another Superman series or a Flash cartoon. Though they have to be aimed at an older audience. They don't necessarily have to be too dark but at least be one the same level of maturity as the shows in the DCAU.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Ugh. A kiddish CGI Batman cartoon with a ninja sidekick girl and a gun-toting Alfred that somehow fights by Batman's side using the very weapon Bruce hates and would never use because it would mean he crossed the line. Just think about it. Would Batman let any of his Bat family members use guns to shoot after criminals right in front on him? And that's ignoring the fact that Alfred wouldn't do it either way even if he had Bruce's permission because he's the closest one to understanding how Bruce was scarred by his parents' death. At least The Batman got that aspect of Bruce and Alfred right. So not only you can expect this show to be as kiddish and dumbed down as The Batman but you can also expect it to be even less accurate.

I'm tired of all the kiddish Batman shows (Brave & the Bold was doing something different so it doesn't count). Why can't they make another dark mature Batman animated series like the 90s cartoon? I would love to see a Batman cartoon for ages 14+ or something airing late night on Adult Swim. A cartoon where you can have Zsasz, where you can have people getting shot and dying, where you can have Bane breaking Batman's back on screen, where you can have Jason being beaten to death with a crowbar by the Joker, etc. Imagine how awesome that would be. I say either do that or stay away from Batman for a while and focus on doing a character that hasn't had an animated series at all or in a while. It would be awesome if we were to get another Superman series or a Flash cartoon. Though they have to be aimed at an older audience. They don't necessarily have to be too dark but at least be one the same level of maturity as the shows in the DCAU.

Batman doesn't have to be "14+" with excess violence, blood and sex in order to have a dark edge and meaningful story.

Look at Mask of the Phantasm. Yes there were deaths going on and there was an incredibly deep and compelling story going on, but a 5 year old could still watch it and be entertained.

IMO, the perfect Batman can be watched and enjoyed by kids AND adults. THAT is why BTAS was a masterpiece. They could pull off the violence in such a psychotic world like Batman's while doing it tastefully.

spidermanrocks
It doesn't have to have excess violence, blood and sex but I would like it if it dealt with darker stuff in a tone similar to the mainstream comics (which don't have excess violence, blood, and sex despite being aimed at older audiences). Yes, Batman TAS was dark but even that show, as brilliant as it was, had limits to how dark it could get. They weren't able to adapt something like A Death in the Family or Killing Joke, or to do a character like Mr Zsasz. It would be nice to get a cartoon that can do all of that. And it doesn't mean all kids won't be able to watch it. If they've been raised properly and know to separate reality from fiction, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I believe MOTP was rated PG-13.

I-Drop
Looks horrible. Gonna be fighting for last place w/Ultimate Spider-Man

JakeTheBank
Tbf, Alfred is the only member of the family whom Bruce allows to carry firearms.

Still, this show doesn't fill me with confidence, but kudos on them trying something different.

Ridley_Prime
I'm all for something different, but not something different that doesn't work well, which this series will not based on the impressions so far.

JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=64663

Honestly, I think this is a bad idea.

Bobby_Fette
Not too thrilled by the cartoony designs.

DarkDethbringer
I prefer traditional animation a hundred percent compared to this.
I am willing to give it a chance. I did that for the Green Lantern Animated Series and was pleasantly surprised. This is evidently done by the same people, so I'm hoping for the best.
Also, Udo Kier is supposed to be in it. Whens the last time he got a shout out?

-Pr-
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=64663

Honestly, I think this is a bad idea.

its like spider-man with lasers all over again.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
I prefer traditional animation a hundred percent compared to this.
I am willing to give it a chance. I did that for the Green Lantern Animated Series and was pleasantly surprised. This is evidently done by the same people, so I'm hoping for the best.
Also, Udo Kier is supposed to be in it. Whens the last time he got a shout out?
I suppose I could give this a chance, but with the villains I've seen this show is having (and no Joker at all from what I heard), it'll be another reason for me to not look forward to it aside from not being a fan of this kind of animation.

And hey, I think I remember you from the anime board here or something a long time ago.

BlackZero30x
Just got around to watching the first episode annnnnd I dis-liked it. Animation was Sub par and I hate the interpretation of Alfred. Its not worth watching a second episode imo.

BruceSkywalker
i have watched this show since the very first ep.. the animation is poor.. alfred could be much better.. Batman himself could be better as well

svex
YEP, ATLEAST WE HAVE SOME SHIT TO SEE OF BATMAN

iscaremonkeys
last good batman series was The Batman

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/TheBatman_S4.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.