Amazing Man Vs Absorbing Man Vs Parasite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/64422/1874154-omac2_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84071/1782775-absorbing_man_vs_avengers_academy_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/590700-11_large.jpg

Q99
I think Parasite as he can absorb powers in addition to just materials. I.e. he'll remove both AMs' absorption powers.

Scoobless
Does Parasite suck off magical guys? or can he only suck off non magical powered guys? y'know .... like how he loves to suck off Superman.

whistle

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Q99
I think Parasite as he can absorb powers in addition to just materials. I.e. he'll remove both AMs' absorption powers.

Absorbing Man gains powers as well, depending on the individual.

He did gain Hulk's strength, durability, healing factor, etc. whenever he leeched off of him and he did gain all the abilities of the Cosmic Cube when he leeched off that.

Cogito
Originally posted by Scoobless
Does Parasite suck off magical guys? or can he only suck off non magical powered guys? y'know .... like how he loves to suck off Superman.

whistle

noneermm

Scoobless
embarrasment

Golgo13
bump.

pym-ftw
Creel

Golgo13
I'd give Pre-flashpoint Parasite the win. And Amazing Man (same powers) stalemate Creel.

pym-ftw
Creel can absorb esoteric energies, I wouldn't be surprised if he could absorb parasites absorbing powers...

Can Parasite absorb magic?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Absorbing Man is obviously far more powerful potentially (Unless I'm missing something) but I think it would either be a stalemate or Parasite wins. Unless Absorbing Man can rejuvenate himself by absorbing other sources like electricity or something nearby.

Assuming Parasite's powers will work on Creel if he's made out of rock or whatever. Parasite absorbs the energy out of living beings IIRC. Although Absorbing Man can also absorb Parasite's powers also. Weird fight.

Golgo13
Parasite gained the ability to absorb without even touching anyone, so that's a plus. I believe Parasite can absorb all types of energy as well. Along with Amazing Man. IIRC, Amazing Man absorbed Myst, but ultimately got killed.

pym-ftw
Creel was absorbing Asgard from just being there iirc...

Idk if he needs to touch things like energy, but I have already given my opinion

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Creel was absorbing Asgard from just being there iirc...

Idk if he needs to touch things like energy, but I have already given my opinion

I think it will be close, then, because Parasite can not only absorb energy, but he actually becomes the person by copying their DNA.

beatboks
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Absorbing Man is obviously far more powerful potentially (Unless I'm missing something) but I think it would either be a stalemate or Parasite wins. Unless Absorbing Man can rejuvenate himself by absorbing other sources like electricity or something nearby.

Assuming Parasite's powers will work on Creel if he's made out of rock or whatever. Parasite absorbs the energy out of living beings IIRC. Although Absorbing Man can also absorb Parasite's powers also. Weird fight.
can you please explain how you think Absorbing man is more powerful? Amazingman has the exact same power to the same degree ( in fact one example would say greater) he can absorb the properties of anything he touches ( metal, wood, rubber etc) he can also absorb the powers of anyone he touches or any energy fired at him. In JLA AM2 absorbed the powers of Overmaster ( a Galactus rip off about to destroy earth after having trounced the combined JLA/ JLE/ and JLTF) and destroyed him, he also absorbed many energy blasts as they struck him throughout Extreme Justice. AM1 became like plasticman/ Mr Fantastic after touching a rubber ball, lik colosus when he touches steel and remained human but gained magnetic powers after touching an elextromagnet. AM3 was able to change to matal as a bullet fired at him hit him in the chest. Not seeing any advantage for Creel here at all.

If there is an advantage it's with Parasite who only has to see what he wants to absorb. he once absorbed Supermans powers from a cell just by seeing him in flight. Add to which he absorbs their memories AND their very life essence, he can kill both without even getting close.

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
can you please explain how you think Absorbing man is more powerful? Amazingman has the exact same power to the same degree ( in fact one example would say greater) he can absorb the properties of anything he touches ( metal, wood, rubber etc) he can also absorb the powers of anyone he touches or any energy fired at him. In JLA AM2 absorbed the powers of Overmaster ( a Galactus rip off about to destroy earth after having trounced the combined JLA/ JLE/ and JLTF) and destroyed him, he also absorbed many energy blasts as they struck him throughout Extreme Justice. AM1 became like plasticman/ Mr Fantastic after touching a rubber ball, lik colosus when he touches steel and remained human but gained magnetic powers after touching an elextromagnet. AM3 was able to change to matal as a bullet fired at him hit him in the chest. Not seeing any advantage for Creel here at all.

If there is an advantage it's with Parasite who only has to see what he wants to absorb. he once absorbed Supermans powers from a cell just by seeing him in flight. Add to which he absorbs their memories AND their very life essence, he can kill both without even getting close.

Who do you think is the most powerful Amazing Man? Latest one?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AM_zps8fe86c80.jpg

Anyway, I still give the edge to Parasite.

Golgo13
BTW, this is the latest one from OMAC. The other one was from John's last JSA run.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AM1_zpsec56af13.jpg

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who do you think is the most powerful Amazing Man? Latest one?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AM_zps8fe86c80.jpg

Anyway, I still give the edge to Parasite.

We didn't see enough of him in action to really know.
Based purely on feats his cousin AM2, due to the fact that he absorbed the equivalent of a cosmic entity.

AM2's only problem was the flaw of his power that I'm sure they all have. When they assume the properties of something they also take on the flaws of it. In AM2's case that meant that when he became a crystal and was attacked from behind ( and ergo not prepared to absorb the properties of what hit him Like AM3 did when he became steel when shot) his form was shattered. When you consider that in early issues of Extreme Justice AM2 was also absorbing energy Blasts fired at him when they first entered the mountain that became their base. The common thing for all three has been that they need to at least think about ( or consciously make the decision) to absorb whatever. So it's also highly likely that all of them are the damn same ( which is where I sit with them).

I think the only difference is that AM3 being such a "centered" individual ( not young and impulsive like his Cousin or his grandfather) has taken a little more time to experiment with his power and actually work out his limits ( or lack there of)

Definite edge however does go to Parasite ( mores the pity, I prefer the characters of both the others over him - though let's face it as a JSA and All Star Squadron Fanboy Amazingman more)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.