Who's the weakest person who can physically injure Superman? (No weakness exploit)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Please explain.

Mshinu
Batman. He`s the goddamn batman.

Digi
Old jokes are old, Batman couldn't go jack under the OP stips.

What does injure mean, scratch? Or like knock to the ground? Someone with adamantium for the former, some incarnation of the Hulk for the latter.

Colossus-Big C
Thing iron fist

-Pr-
Thing isn't injuring Superman. Knock him down, sure, but he's not going to damage bones or organs.

Q99
Zealot. Her sword can hurt Majestic, it can hurt Superman. It's not magic, kryptonite, etc. either, it's just that good.

Starscream M
ok, to clarify, injure would mean bruising or drawing blood

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Zealot. Her sword can hurt Majestic, it can hurt Superman. It's not magic, kryptonite, etc. either, it's just that good.

I think Nemesis is the one with the creation engine swords. Zealot mentioned in the last Wildcats run that her sword wasn't comparable to Zealots...

Swords forged in the Creation engine are the ones that can hurt anything, including omnipotents.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
ok, to clarify, injure would mean bruising or drawing blood A pretty low being accomplished drawing blood from Supes, it was composed of crocodile DNA and nano kevlar or some shit.

cdtm
Equus drew blood, and Val Armorr broke both his legs.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
A pretty low being accomplished drawing blood from Supes, it was composed of crocodile DNA and nano kevlar or some shit.

You could easily argue that Equus had magic.

Digi
Originally posted by Q99

Weakest. That sword was made from the Creation Engine, it can cut concepts. You or I could cut him with it. Does that make us able to injure Superman? I'm pretty sure it violates the spirit of the thread.

carver9
A lot of people can pierce his skin (I do believe thing could give him a bloody lip or nose) but truly damaging him...no. Taking him out of a fight...that's where it becomes hard.

Q99
Zealot does not have a creation engine sword and her sword can't cut anything, but her swords are still good enough to cut Maj, iirc.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You could easily argue that Equus had magic.

He did have magic. His claws was made of Angel bones.

cdtm
Is angelic power truly magic, though?

But point conceded that it violates the spirit of the thread, so...

Lobo beat him bloody and badly in their first post crisis meeting.

golem370
In DOS he took a punch from Doomsday that was said could topple a mountain with seems to me weird if somebody weaker then Doomsday ever hurt Supes before.

Parmaniac
You could easily argue that Equus had magic. I really can't remember the context neither do I know who that guy / that thing was. But the fact that Supes only listed "simple" stuff it was composed of lead me to believe it wasn't very powerful and IIRC it wasn't a real threat to Supes either it just was able to cut him.

MF DELPH
Shadowcat.

Phase her knee into his brain, then become tangible. Will certainly hurt.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
A lot of people can pierce his skin (I do believe thing could give him a bloody lip or nose) but truly damaging him...no. Taking him out of a fight...that's where it becomes hard.

Thing's fists alone would have a hard time breaching his skin. Unless we mean current Superman.

He did have magic. His claws was made of Angel bones.

That was why I brought it up.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
I really can't remember the context neither do I know who that guy / that thing was. But the fact that Supes only listed "simple" stuff it was composed of lead me to believe it wasn't very powerful and IIRC it wasn't a real threat to Supes either it just was able to cut him.

It was mentioned by someone else iirc.

It was able to give Supergirl real trouble too, and was able to defeat Superman robots that Clark had built himself, so he's an opponent to be reckoned with. Karate Kid is just... Well, Batman-ish.

MF DELPH
Karate Kid>>>>>Batman.

Starscream M
also, this is one hit (ie thing doesn't get to pound on superman until he bleeds)

-Pr-
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Karate Kid>>>>>Batman.

Yup.

also, this is one hit (ie thing doesn't get to pound on superman until he bleeds)

Ah, okay.

cdtm
It's pretty hard imaging anyone really making Supes bleed from one punch, unless it's PC Validus or someone..

You'd have to be Juggernaut or Thanos to outdo his durability.

carver9

One punch changes things. It's hard to make high Heralds bleed with a single punch unless you are in their tier.

I would go with...

Thor
Cap
Gladiator
Black Adam

You get what I am trying to say.

JakeTheBank
Supergirl's done it with a single punch, iirc. He wasn't greviously injured, but she did make him draw blood. She's also likely not the weakest who can do it.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Supergirl's done it with a single punch, iirc. He wasn't greviously injured, but she did make him draw blood. She's also likely not the weakest who can do it.

Superboy has done it as well.

-Pr-
I'd say most Low-Mid herald characters with impressive strength could give him a bloody lip, tbh.

TheLordofMurder
This is easy...

Wolverine should definitely be able to physically injure Superman with his claws; baring PIS, Wolverine should be able to draw blood from Supes if a claw attack lands flush...

carver9
Now let's reverse this on a more powerful character. Who could bruise Gladiator or make him bleed?

cdtm
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This is easy...

Wolverine should definitely be able to physically injure Superman with his claws; baring PIS, Wolverine should be able to draw blood from Supes if a claw attack lands flush...

Superman isn't Hulk. Wolverine isn't strong enough to penetrate his skin, imo.

-Pr-
This is easy...

Why?

Now let's reverse this on a more powerful character. Who could bruise Gladiator or make him bleed?

If you wanted to use a more powerful character, based on feats Gladiator wouldn't qualify.

TheLordofMurder

Same answer...Wolverine.

cdtm
Why?

If you wanted to use a more powerful character, based on feats Gladiator wouldn't qualify.

Durability and strength is arguable, but speed?

Glads fly around the universe/galaxies under his own power all the time. How many examples of such speed does Superman have that don't include "Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis", which have reason to make such example suspect? (For example. when Supes flew to Oa, so did Power Girl and I believe MM...)

TheLordofMurder
@Pr

Primary Adamantium should be harder than Superman's flesh; Doomsday's boney protrusions drew blood from Supes...

Wolverines claws should be sharper and harder than Doomsdays bones....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Probably High Meta to Low Herald on average.

JakeTheBank

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727182050/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by cdtm
Superman isn't Hulk. Wolverine isn't strong enough to penetrate his skin, imo.

Doesnt matter that Wolverine isnt that strong; his claws should be much harder than Superman's flesh...

Wolverine should definitely be capable of giving him a nasty scratch...which of course should draw blood.

cdtm
@Pr

Primary Adamantium should be harder than Superman's flesh; Doomsday's boney protrusions drew blood from Supes...

Sure, but you still need the strength.

You can put the sharpest cutting tool in the world in the hands of a human, and they won't be able to penetrate steel with it.. But put mechanical force behind it, and it will go right through.

Supermans durability is comparable, if not greater than, Colossus's durability, whom Wolverine couldn't even cut the eye of.

TheLordofMurder

You can put the sharpest cutting tool in the world in the hands of a human, and they won't be able to penetrate steel with it.. But put mechanical force behind it, and it will go right through.

Supermans durability is comparable, if not greater than, Colossus's durability, whom Wolverine couldn't even cut the eye of.

If that happened, then I call PIS; a human might not be able to cut through steel with a diamond cutting tool, but they should definitely be able to scratch it...

Wolverine should be able to scratch Colossus's eye bare minimum...

the Darkone
Xman, Bloodties Exodus big grin!

Rage.Of.Olympus

Supermans durability is comparable, if not greater than, Colossus's durability, whom Wolverine couldn't even cut the eye of. When did Wolverine fail to cut Colossus' eye?

There are two schools of thought when it comes to Wolverine's claws, one is that at a certain level he can't penetrate a material because he lacks the strength and the second is that he can cut through anything that isn't as tough as Adamantium. The first makes more sense but comics have been leaning more and more towards the second over the years.

I think Wolverine cutting Superman is a very real possibility nowadays. Invulnerability isn't as big of a deal and comics have gotten bloodier.

-Pr-
Durability and strength is arguable, but speed?

Glads fly around the universe/galaxies under his own power all the time. How many examples of such speed does Superman have that don't include "Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis", which have reason to make such example suspect? (For example. when Supes flew to Oa, so did Power Girl and I believe MM...)

Travel speed isn't combat speed though, and while Superman might not have as many travel feats in space, he's not exactly slow.

@Pr

He'd still need sufficient strength to cut Superman, though, imo. His entire body is equally durable.

carver9
Same answer...Wolverine.

Naah, it has been confirmed on-panel that Wolverine can't cut Gladiator.

TheLordofMurder
Naah, it has been confirmed on-panel that Wolverine can't cut Gladiator.

Once again I call PIS then...

Wolverine shouldnt have the strength to slice off his (or Superman's) arm, but simply scratch him? That definitely should be happening with a sharp Primary Adamantium weapon.

carver9
Wolverine isn't cutting Superman but Sabertooth with Adamantium claws would rip through him imo.

carver9
Once again I call PIS then...

Wolverine shouldnt have the strength to slice off his (or Superman's) arm, but simply scratch him? That definitely should be happening with a sharp Primary Adamantium weapon.

There is a difference between Supes and Gladiator durability. Even though Supesost his bio force field...Gladiator still has his along with his true durability. Wolverine isn't cutting Glads or giving him a scratch.

-Pr-
Carver, stop trying to derail the thread with talk of weaker characters.

TheLordofMurder
There is a difference between Supes and Gladiator durability. Even though Supesost his bio force field...Gladiator still has his along with his true durability. Wolverine isn't cutting Glads or giving him a scratch.

Is it your stance that Gladiators skin is stronger than Primary Adamantium?

carver9
Carver, stop trying to derail the thread with talk of weaker characters.

laughing out loud

I shouldn't have brought him up. Back on topic...Wolverine isn't cutting Superman.

carver9
By the way...he isn't weaker.

-Pr-
By the way...he isn't weaker.

Yes he is.

carver9
Yes he is.

Are we talking about the same character. I am talking about Gladiator. Who are you talking about?

Bentley
Carver probably means that Gladiator is stronger than Action Comics Superman.

Lord Feron
Iron Fist to the button would "injure" supes.

or venom... stick out tongue

-Pr-
Are we talking about the same character. I am talking about Gladiator. Who are you talking about?

Gladiator.

Originally posted by Bentley
Carver probably means that Gladiator is stronger than Action Comics Superman.

If that was true, then okay, because yeah, Action comics Superman is high meta/low herald at best.

Q99
Atom Girl/The Atom/etc.

Tiny shrinking character attacking from the inside.

dmills

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_P00012-1.jpg

Xenith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.