Avengers Academy vs. New X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
http://i51.tinypic.com/2dgvm3a.jpg vs. http://i55.tinypic.com/16037yx.png

1. Random encounter

2. Avengers Academy (blood lust) vs. New X-Men.

3. New X-Men (blood lust) vs. Avengers Academy.

note* no giant amp Armor.

Bentley
Pixie is a big advantage for the X team, specially when bloodlusted. Hazmat and Veil would be the most dangerous otherwise, but they are outgunned here.

TheHulk
Avengers Academy...

sean724
Bump

srankmissingnin
X-Men. Striker is the only one that can do anything to Mercury, and he is completely canceled out by Surge being a giant lightening rod that will absorb all his energy. There is nothing the Avengers can really do to Dust and Mercury and Pixie magic, hallucinations and soul dagger just tip it even farther towards the X-Men. This is really a huge mismatch IMO.

Existere
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
X-Men. Striker is the only one that can do anything to Mercury, and he is completely canceled out by Surge being a giant lightening rod that will absorb all his energy. There is nothing the Avengers can really do to Dust and Mercury and Pixie magic, hallucinations and soul dagger just tip it even farther towards the X-Men. This is really a huge mismatch IMO. This.

Plus, Armor and Anole are just really cool, and that pretty much completes why the New X-Men take this.

vansonbee
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
X-Men. Striker is the only one that can do anything to Mercury, and he is completely canceled out by Surge being a giant lightening rod that will absorb all his energy. There is nothing the Avengers can really do to Dust and Mercury and Pixie magic, hallucinations and soul dagger just tip it even farther towards the X-Men. This is really a huge mismatch IMO. Wasn't Dust fried and stoned by Magma in Young X-Men? Hazmat power set could replicate this.

I do agree with everything else, even Pixie to an extent.

Q99
I'll note that Armor wasn't really a New X-man.

All in all, I'll go NXM. Dust and Mercury are big threats, and the team overall has better teamwork. I think the AA have more power, but they're facing a team of people who trained wanting to be heroes, and who've been around the block a few times by now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.