Wonderwoman vs Thor (Hand to Hand)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Thor and Wonderwoman have equalized strength. They fight to KO or death. This is pure hand to hand skill contest with no other external powers or weapons. Who wins???

vansonbee
Thor wins barely, because he has better durability.

JakeTheBank
Depends on whose strength they're equalizing to.

Q99
Wonder Woman. She fights HtH more and has shown more unarmed skill to begin with (Thor is great, mind you, but he's a weapons guy more than a HtH guy), and equalizing strength only enhances her advantages.

gogogadgetgo
Question with regards to Wonderwoman, she was trained in all sorts of armed and un-armed combat in their amazon island thing right? did they just train her or did she fight in actual wars and shit?

Q99
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Question with regards to Wonderwoman, she was trained in all sorts of armed and un-armed combat in their amazon island thing right? did they just train her or did she fight in actual wars and shit?

They trained her heavily but I don't think she fought in wars until she came into the outside world.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Q99
They trained her heavily but I don't think she fought in wars until she came into the outside world.

that's what i thought too. thanks

Bentley
She humilliates Thor.

TheHulk
Thor,More Durability and might have better fighting skills....

Bentley
that's what i thought too. thanks

She spent centuries fighting an army next to Superman though.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Bentley
She spent centuries fighting an army next to Superman though.

yeah, i know about that. what books were these in (titles and issue numbers would be nice)? i'd like to check em out. thanks

abhilegend
^ Action comics 761.

ozz81
thor he has more experience and durability and hence shud eventually defeat her.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good fight. She might be slightly more skilled (Her skills get really talked up on boards but I've yet seen evidence to prove she's noticeably more skilled than Thor) but Thor is still tougher etc.

If her superior reflexes are in play, they would allow how to better close the gap. If not, Thor takes it.

Out of curiosity, has it been confirmed how old Diana is Post Crisis? I read words like centuries thrown around but from what I've seen, when she won the trials and left Paradise Island, she was like in her early 20's IIRC.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor and Wonderwoman have equalized strength. They fight to KO or death. This is pure hand to hand skill contest with no other external powers or weapons. Who wins???

This can only end like this:

http://marie.rookiesblues.be/public/Dessins_persos/thoretwondy_marie.jpg

Damborgson
laughing out loud

Dum Dum Dugan
why is no one bringing up the fact thor can't fly with out his hammer, nor is he remotely on wonderwomans level of speed.

Q99
Originally posted by TheHulk
Thor,More Durability and might have better fighting skills....

Her durability against impact, I.e. punches, kicks and what Thor is capable of dishing out here, is in Superman's class (in the literal sense that Checkmate rates them in the same class). She's also shown to keep fighting through a lot of damage even once she gets it.

Durability's a small difference.

Diana spars with Black Canary, Batman, Lady Shiva, etc., all of whom speak well of her on a purely skill basis. Thor doesn't have that.

Now, go to weapons combat and that's Thor's speciality, but he just isn't the HtH connoisseur WW is.

Not really, comic age vagueness and all that.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
why is no one bringing up the fact thor can't fly with out his hammer, nor is he remotely on wonderwomans level of speed.

because they all found it is best to read the stipulations

carver9
I can't believe this lasted this long. As much as I love Thor, he isn't beating Diana in a fist cuff fight. Diana stomps. Faster, just as strong, just as durable, and a far better fighter.

SquallX
yeah, i know about that. what books were these in (titles and issue numbers would be nice)? i'd like to check em out. thanks

Ending sucked though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Her durability against impact, I.e. punches, kicks and what Thor is capable of dishing out here, is in Superman's class (in the literal sense that Checkmate rates them in the same class). She's also shown to keep fighting through a lot of damage even once she gets it.

Durability's a small difference.

There's a very noticeable gap between Superman/Thor and Diana in durability.

Originally posted by Q99
Diana spars with Black Canary, Batman, Lady Shiva, etc., all of whom speak well of her on a purely skill basis. Thor doesn't have that.

Now, go to weapons combat and that's Thor's speciality, but he just isn't the HtH connoisseur WW is.

I still have absolutely no clue why Wonder Woman fans bring up Batman when touting her skill based on their encounters, especially since in all of them she has her powers. Did we even see her fight Lady Shiva? IIRC, this is one of those showings that gets hyped but very underwhelming once seen. Losing the sparring match against Black Canary is probably the most impressive thing she's done in recent memory along with the Medusa fight.

I think there's little doubt she's more of a martial artist than Thor and her skill is highlighted more than Thor's (She's noticeably less powerful) but I've yet to see anything notable enough to think it gives her a big enough advantage to win here.

If Thor was depowered down to her levels or they were both streets, I have no doubt he'd match her in hand to hand just fine.

Originally posted by Q99
Not really, comic age vagueness and all that.

The sliding time line makes the current age of characters tricky -especially with things like Year One- but from what I remember from Perez' run and overall nods to past encounters, she was probably in her twenties like Clark/Bruce when she started out. There's also a restriction as to how old she can be by the time she left the island. She's named after a World War II pilots wife after all.

Not sure if anything has changed but words like centuries clearly have no business being anywhere near Diana in regards to age.

srankmissingnin
If Speed and Strength were equalized Thor would win, he has better damage soak and he is a more skilled fighter, but as it stands WW has a sizable speed advantage that should net her a win in a melee altercation. If you placed them both in completely equal bodies, Thor would always come out on top.

Bentley
What has Thor done to prove he has skills, does he know pressure points?

cdtm

Equalized strength? So, Thor doesn't get to use his hammer, WW doesn't lose her super speed, and gains a strength advantage to boot?

This is unfair to Thor. WW doesn't need equalized strength or Thor losing his hammer powers to give him a hard fight, considering her speed advantage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If Speed and Strength were equalized Thor would win, he has better damage soak and he is a more skilled fighter, but as it stands WW has a sizable speed advantage that should net her a win in a melee altercation. If you placed them both in completely equal bodies, Thor would always come out on top.

I think Thor is just as formidable in hand to hand but I don't think we can say with any certainty that he's more skilled.

Originally posted by Bentley
What has Thor done to prove he has skills, does he know pressure points?

Since when does a character need to us pressure points to be skilled?

By that logic, Sif and Valkyrie (Both have used pressure points) are more skilled than Thor. Which I don't believe they are. At the end of the day, Thor's entire fighting style is different from someone like Diana's but I don't think anything she's done is beyond Thor, even pressure points. It's like comparing Captain America and Daredevil. Rogers is mostly simple while Matt is more stylized and flashier in terms of fighting but that doesn't mean Rogers is any less effective.

Bentley
I agree with your position Rage, is just that Srank argued that Thor was more skilled, which is arguable. I know he's a competent fighter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that's fine. I wouldn't be comfortable arguing that either as Diana is more of a martial artist and her skills are highlighted more often because there are crucial for her battles.

Originally posted by carver9
I can't believe this lasted this long. As much as I love Thor, he isn't beating Diana in a fist cuff fight. Diana stomps. Faster, just as strong, just as durable, and a far better fighter.

Haha, how did I miss this gem?

I think Thor has a pretty great shot. Sure but Thor can hang. Due to the stipulations. Not a chance. A far better fighter? I won't fault someone arguing that she has an edge in that category but it isn't large by any means.

h1a8

LOL are you serious?

WW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor in skill. She's possibly the best skilled fighter in the D.C. universe (above Batman). She is a master of the amazonian arts (which are superior to any Earthly art).

adding that she is faster as well then this is a no brainer.

IMO, WW would beat Thor in a straight up fight with all of there powers. Thus you know how I view this fight.

JakeTheBank
baka

OneDumbG0
pure hand to hand skill contest I'd give it to Diana. If it were more a fight than a contest, then I'd give more consideration to Thor's round two enchantment to help him power through Diana's skill advantage.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that's fine. I wouldn't be comfortable arguing that either as Diana is more of a martial artist and her skills are highlighted more often because there are crucial for her battles.

Haha, how did I miss this gem?

I think Thor has a pretty great shot. Sure but Thor can hang. Due to the stipulations. Not a chance. A far better fighter? I won't fault someone arguing that she has an edge in that category but it isn't large by any means.

I think Thor has a good shot too, in terms of pure skill. It's the speed thing that's the issue. The Op should have equalized strength and speed, if he wanted to debate about skill.

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
baka [/QUOTEi was thinking more of a no expression

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by h1a8
LOL are you serious?

WW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor in skill. She's possibly the best skilled fighter in the D.C. universe (above Batman). She is a master of the amazonian arts (which are superior to any Earthly art).

IMO, WW would beat Thor in a straight up fight with all of there powers. Thus you know how I view this fight.

good thing Thor is an asgardian warrior and isnt an earthling warrior

yeah, i agree, you have no brains laughing might i suggest amazon, maybe they have a sale on used brains.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
baka

h1a8
good thing Thor is an asgardian warrior and isnt an earthling warrior

yeah, i agree, you have no brains laughing might i suggest amazon, maybe they have a sale on used brains.
Bottom line:
earthly arts>>>>Thor's asgardian warrior skill. How's them no brain apples?

gogogadgetgo
Bottom line:
earthly arts>>>>Thor's asgardian warrior skill. How's them no brain apples?

i don't know what art has to do with this, like the thinker, but i don't like apples.
http://jhanajian2.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/the-thinker_rodin.png

Mindset
LOL are you serious?

IMO, WW would beat Thor in a straight up fight with all of there powers. Thus you know how I view this fight. Amazonian arts are Earthly ar-...never mind.

Prep-Man

BS like always. How is he more skilled?

DrDoomsday-360
thor.

abhilegend
On one hand

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14793256_oa3wv4.jpg

On the other hand

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/wonderfryingpan1.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/wonderfryingpan2.jpg

mmm

mhmm

Both are useless.

juggerman
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Thor has ugly feet

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
On one hand

On the other hand
mmm

mhmm

Both are useless.

Where's the Wonder Woman scan from? What's the context?

The Thor scan is a classic case of selective scanning. Do you consider that a low showing? If so, I suggest you actually read the arc instead of posting a one off cropped scan you found online.

Even your precious Superman has been knocked off his feet by a peer using a piece of the environment, and that's without having withstood the crazy amount of punishment that Thor was forced to.

I don't have the scans by IIRC there was the whole scandal, death and battle with Hela. Then he fought Loki (With the Odin-Ring) right after returning to Asgard, Durok back to back a few times, went back to Asgard and fought through all of Loki's forces (Right about here is when he noted that even his fabled stamina was beginning to fail), and then Loki (With the Odin-Ring) again.

That shit was a testament to how much battle Thor can endure in a brief span of time.

I saw Stilt posting a cropped scan like Ares (With trippled strength) knocking Thor down (Despite that fight being an impressive showing that he wins), Hulk spinning Thor around into the ground (Thor immediately rose and had even Hulk doubting his strength, which ended in a stalemate) etc.

I'm betting selective faggotry like this happens a lot now that I'm regularly absent.

StiltmanFTW
Someone should post that fanmade flash video in which Thor cheapshots Diana, she sents him flying by punching him back... then the Hulk appears, lifts Mjolnir and smashes Thor's head.

smile

h1a8
If WW strong enough to significantly hurt Superman with her blows then she definitely can hurt Thor more-so.
But who cares of durability when it won't play a significant factor here? Speed and skill are vastly more important when two characters have the capacity to harm each other significantly with blows.

The problem here is that the h2h skill and h2h speed difference is vast. Due to being faster and more skilled Diana may as well get multiple blows on Thor for every blow Thor gets. This is unfair.

Diana wins 10/10 effortlessly.

Zack Fair

The Thor scan is a classic case of selective scanning. Do you consider that a low showing? If so, I suggest you actually read the arc instead of posting a one off cropped scan you found online.

Even your precious Superman has been knocked off his feet by a peer using a piece of the environment, and that's without having withstood the crazy amount of punishment that Thor was forced to.

I don't have the scans by IIRC there was the whole scandal, death and battle with Hela. Then he fought Loki (With the Odin-Ring) right after returning to Asgard, Durok back to back a few times, went back to Asgard and fought through all of Loki's forces (Right about here is when he noted that even his fabled stamina was beginning to fail), and then Loki (With the Odin-Ring) again.

That shit was a testament to how much battle Thor can endure in a brief span of time.

I saw Stilt posting a cropped scan like Ares (With trippled strength) knocking Thor down (Despite that fight being an impressive showing that he wins), Hulk spinning Thor around into the ground (Thor immediately rose and had even Hulk doubting his strength, which ended in a stalemate) etc.

I'm betting selective faggotry like this happens a lot now that I'm regularly absent. http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/22118873.jpg

abhilegend

I'm betting selective faggotry like this happens a lot now that I'm regularly absent.
That's from WW 194. Diana was amnesiac in that scene but her power was still intact.

If you don't know, I asked him to post that scene. Obviously I read that arc.

Even you know how foolish you look with that rubbish apology for thor. Surfer healed thor completely in 193 and that army you mentioned was nothing but cannon fodder giants and trolls. I don't remember thor's stamina ever being in question.

As for superman analogy loki is not thor's peer, didn't attack thor directly with that masonry and thor was KTFO.

Your gamma rage has blinded you.

StiltmanFTW
Odin-ring was causing Loki a great pain, yet he still put Thor to sleep stick out tongue

Damborgson

Even you know how foolish you look with that rubbish apology for thor. Surfer healed thor completely in 193 and that army you mentioned was nothing but cannon fodder giants and trolls. I don't remember thor's stamina ever being in question.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/rsz_oa3wv4_zps0468aa0a.jpg
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/barker.gif

Loki straight up says that it's Thor's battle weariness that makes him fall...even if he were a healthy 100% lovable Thor, so what? Getting knocked out by rocks isn't a standard for Thor just like a joker bomb stunning superman isn't a standard for him or a snake isn't a standard for hulk. Or are you just posing for the yuks and giggles?

abhilegend
So thor is a bigger pansy than I thought, getting worn down by a bunch of giants and trolls.

sneer

I'm obviously just joking around, LOL. BTW when did superman got stunned by a joker bomb?

Damborgson
So thor is a bigger pansy than I thought, getting worn down by a bunch of giants and trolls.

sneer

I'm obviously just joking around, LOL. BTW when did superman got stunned by a joker bomb?

You'll shut your face if you know what's good for you. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/ahuh.gif

It's a back in the day issue. Probably precrisis. Joker comes to metroplis feeling all badass because he goes mentally toe to toe with batman but gets embarrassed pretty quickly.

abhilegend
You'll shut your face if you know what's good for you. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/ahuh.gif

It's a back in the day issue. Probably precrisis. Joker comes to metroplis feeling all badass because he goes mentally toe to toe with batman but gets embarrassed pretty quickly.
No, DamItachiSon.

stick out tongue

If that's PC then it would have been kryptonite induced as Joker has used it on superman in a joker bomb.

Damborgson
No, DamItachiSon.

stick out tongue

If that's PC then it would have been kryptonite induced as Joker has used it on superman in a joker bomb.

Yes. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/sam.gif

I think it was this:

http://eltrajenegro.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/supermanjoker.jpg

abhilegend
Yes. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/sam.gif

I think it was this:

http://eltrajenegro.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/supermanjoker.jpg
No.

That was an atom bomb, dammy.

cdtm

No equalized speed? That would have made it more fair, even without equalizing strength..

Damborgson
No.

That was an atom bomb, dammy.

tiny atom bomb. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/hmph.gif

Igniz

You mean this?

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1e.jpg
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1f.jpg
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1g.jpg
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1h.jpg

As for this thread, I agree with what Zack Fair posted of how this fight will end up.

Originally posted by Zack Fair

Damborgson
Originally posted by Igniz
You mean this?

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1e.jpg
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1f.jpg
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1g.jpg
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/jokertheclownprince/jokermisc-metropolislaugh1h.jpg

hoo boy did I remember that wrong >_> http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durermm.gif @ me.

and yes that's what I meant lol.

Igniz
hoo boy did I remember that wrong >_> http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durermm.gif @ me.

Well you have to wonder how Joker came up with a 40 mega ton bomb that small.Here's what a 50 mega ton bomb looks like.

http://www.cynical-c.com/archives2/bloggraphics/Tsarbomb.jpg

cdtm

Never read that one myself.

Wow, early Byrne Supes really was weak..

abhilegend

laughing out loud

Supra
Thor wins, he is on par with hulk for strength at some points and is an ancient warrior who was been fighting for thousands of years.

Lot of people forget Thor is a trained warrior and has great fighting ability and is much more then just his hammer and lightning.

cdtm
Originally posted by Supra
Thor wins, he is on par with hulk for strength

Thor and Wonderwoman have equalized strength.

Wonder Woman has thousands of years fighting experience too. She blew through 1,000 years fighting with Superman in a single campaign.

And to get her Wonder Woman position, Diana had to pit her skills against the best Amazon Warriors, who had centuries of experience on her.

Supra
Originally posted by cdtm
Wonder Woman has thousands of years fighting experience too. She blew through 1,000 years fighting with Superman in a single campaign.

And to get her Wonder Woman position, Diana had to pit her skills against the best Amazon Warriors, who had centuries of experience on her.

OK but are we really saying now WW can beat Thor? Im gonna cry myself to sleep now and be depressed if thats the case.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's from WW 194. Diana was amnesiac in that scene but her power was still intact.

If you don't know, I asked him to post that scene. Obviously I read that arc.

As for superman analogy loki is not thor's peer, didn't attack thor directly with that masonry and thor was KTFO.

Your gamma rage has blinded you.

Okay, thanks.

Sure.

Point out to me where Surfer healed Thor completely? Thor was pretty much dead and Surfer infused a spark of life after the Odinson had been through a very trying series of trials. Loki's plan even revolved around Durok outlasting Thor:
http://i48.tinypic.com/29vxjrr.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/19mixg.jpg

And when Thor returned to Asgard:
http://i49.tinypic.com/29e39lg.jpg

With the state that he was in during this arc, Loki was very much Thor's peer. I thought you said you read the story? As a matter of fact, Loki also pointed out that it was Thor's battle weariness that made him finally fall, and he was only down for like a page. Couldn't have been more than a minute.

Another interesting note I'd like to point out that is never mentioned, is that Loki assaulted Thor mentally to set him off balance, probably because he was getting frustrated that Thor was doing okay against Durok:
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zyag3.jpg

Re-reading this arc, I have to admit that Loki is one cunning and totally evil son of a *****. Shit like this is why Fraction's Thor spin around in regards to redeeming Loki is so confusing. This guy at his worst, was a legitimate evil practically up there with Thanos and Darkseid.

DarkSaint85
WW wins.

Sh3nG L0nG
IMO it goes like this:
Skill: Thor=WW
Strength: Thor=WW
Experience: Thor=WW
Speed: Thor<WW
All things being equal, speed does play a huge role in fights. I'm giving it to Diana.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor is stronger and more experienced. Diana is faster though.

Mshinu
Diana touches Thor`s hammer and "lifts" it.

DarkSaint85
Thor is stronger and more experienced. Diana is faster though.

Stronger? Not in this thread. Experience is also debateable - how many different permutations of being punched can you get??

Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

Didn't see that, my bad. So Thor's main advantage is neutralized but Diana's speed isn't? What kind of a Thor fan are you Damborgson?

No, experience is not debatable. Diana in modern continuity was born like a century ago or something? Thor in some interpretations was already a full fledged Thunder God while man had just emerged.

Mshinu
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Stronger? Not in this thread. Experience is also debateable - how many different permutations of being punched can you get??

An infinite number?

DarkSaint85
no expression

Didn't see that, my bad. So Thor's main advantage is neutralized but Diana's speed isn't? What kind of a Thor fan are you Damborgson?

No, experience is not debatable. Diana in modern continuity was born like a century ago or something? Thor in some interpretations was already a full fledged Thunder God while man had just emerged.

What I meant was, the human body can only do so many movements, and they are generally all the same amongst different people. A right hook (from a right handed person) will always be more powerful than a flicked wrist, and you don't have to have had 100s of fights worth of experience to know that.

A punch is a punch is a punch. There's a cutoff point after which it doesn't matter if you've had a century of fight experience, or thousands of years - I mean, they've even trained with and used the same weaponry for most of that time (so Thor isn't a weapons master like Constantine Drakon, for example. He's used melee weapons mostly).

Otherwise, we'd have no limits fallacy, where the older person (Ra's, for example) should automatically win.

Mshinu
There is a difference between knowing and being able to apply. People who have practiced swordmanship or hand to hand fighting for a lifetime will still be perfecting their techniques. Experience and training matters.

DarkSaint85
No doubt; practice makes perfect, after all.

But are we to assume there's never a limit to how good you get? So someone with 5 years fight experience < someone with 10 years, I have no problem with that.

10 years < 50 years, no problem

50 years < 100 years, when the fighting style is still the same - will there really be more gains to be had?

100 years' experience < 500 years' experience, when you're fighting against the same style over and over again - first of all, I'd argue it may even be counter productive. Having a lifetime's worth of chess experience won't help you when you're then thrown up against an S Korean pro Starcraft player. Especially if the rules of chess have never changed in the 100 years you've been playing non-stop.

Secondly, much like chess, after a while you've pretty much exhausted every opening, every permutation there is. Sure, experience will expose you to all the dirty tricks and different methods of fighting there are out there, but your opponents will soon have exhausted all the same techniques. You're not going to learn anything new from your battles if you fought for an extra 100 years - a new method of punching/kicking.headbutting isn't going to be invented.

abhilegend
Okay, thanks.

Sure.

Point out to me where Surfer healed Thor completely? Thor was pretty much dead and Surfer infused a spark of life after the Odinson had been through a very trying series of trials. Loki's plan even revolved around Durok outlasting Thor:

And when Thor returned to Asgard:
http://i49.tinypic.com/29e39lg.jpg

With the state that he was in during this arc, Loki was very much Thor's peer. I thought you said you read the story? As a matter of fact, Loki also pointed out that it was Thor's battle weariness that made him finally fall, and he was only down for like a page. Couldn't have been more than a minute.

Another interesting note I'd like to point out that is never mentioned, is that Loki assaulted Thor mentally to set him off balance, probably because he was getting frustrated that Thor was doing okay against Durok:
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zyag3.jpg

Re-reading this arc, I have to admit that Loki is one cunning and totally evil son of a *****. Shit like this is why Fraction's Thor spin around in regards to redeeming Loki is so confusing. This guy at his worst, was a legitimate evil practically up there with Thanos and Darkseid.
Ok rage.of.doucheness, you turned a completely harmless fun post to vent your frustration upon, so to hell with it.

What is the meaning of using two pointless scans of thor fighting durok means? We both know he nearly died from fighting him and I didn't find any evidence that surfer only a spark of life in thor. If you found a proof, I would gladly concede. But till then surfer completely healed thor as seen here

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ymadtc.jpg

Like I said thor is a big pansy for being worn out by fodder giants and trolls.

What? At no point was it mentioned that thor fought Loki as a peer and if some giants can wear thor out from class 100 level to Loki level of strength, he has a shitty stamina.

Also, loki didn't struck thor with that piece of masonry. He just struck masonry and debris flew out and struck him down. That's not like someone using an object to hit a character. He was KTFO, be it for one page or ten pages. The next time he wakes up its stated he was rising from unconsciousness. Also him getting worn down by trolls and getting KTFO by flying part of masonry is still a horrendous low showing. I don't have any interest in the rest of your rant and thanks for sucking out all the fun from this thread.

h1a8
Assuming Thor is stronger than WW.
A better thread would be speed equalized.
So it's Diana better skill against Thor's better strength (assuming).
IMO, if Thor has better durability against being punched in the face then it is by a small amount. Not enough to be signficant.

But a much better thread.

the Darkone
no expression

I agree with this ^.

Thor is stronger, more experience, just as skilled and more durable than Wonder Woman. Thor has been fighting for thousands of years, if Im not mistaken Thor is over 10,000 yrs old in earth years could be older in Asgard universe. Not saying WW will roll over for Thor, it's just Thor has more experience in brawl fight and a straight slug fest, and Thor damage soak ability is well above hers. WW is quicker and that's about it but it will keep her in the fight longer, if she trades blow with Thor she will get beat down, Thor striking power is greater than hers. Thor 7/10

cdtm
no expression

I agree Thor is more experienced.

Diana made her career against those with more experience though. Plus, the experience gap is somewhat made of for in the gifts from the gods that resulted in her creation, the same way Captain Marvel has the Wisdom of Solomon.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
I agree with this ^.

Thor is stronger, more experience, just as skilled and more durable than Wonder Woman. Thor has been fighting for thousands of years, if Im not mistaken Thor is over 10,000 yrs old in earth years could be older in Asgard universe. Not saying WW will roll over for Thor, it's just Thor has more experience in brawl fight and a straight slug fest, and Thor damage soak ability is well above hers. WW is quicker and that's about it but it will keep her in the fight longer, if she trades blow with Thor she will get beat down, Thor striking power is greater than hers. Thor 7/10 In this thread strength is equalized. Experience means nothing if it doesn't add skill. We all know that WW's skill is superior to Thor's (not debatable). Any MA street leveler can beat Thor in h2h provided they have equal stats. Experience means nothing.

It's debatable that Thor is more durable than WW against getting punched in the face. Assuming he is then it's not by a lot. Thor's striking power without Mjolnir is not greater than her's. Her skill + strength combo gives her the ability to seriously hurt Superman.

With that said, you underestimate speed which trumps all other attributes.
WW is more skilled and faster
Strength is equalized here.
Thus fight isn't fair.

A better fight would be to equalize speed instead. And allow WW's superior skill against Thor's superior strength (not in my opinion of course).

cdtm
h1, why does WW have more skill?

She spars with Black Canary preboot, but didn't Thor as Donald Blake also hold his own with Cap?

the Darkone
In this thread strength is equalized. Experience means nothing if it doesn't add skill. We all know that WW's skill is superior to Thor's (not debatable). Any MA street leveler can beat Thor in h2h provided they have equal stats. Experience means nothing.

It's debatable that Thor is more durable than WW against getting punched in the face. Assuming he is then it's not by a lot. Thor's striking power without Mjolnir is not greater than her's. Her skill + strength combo gives her the ability to seriously hurt Superman.

With that said, you underestimate speed which trumps all other attributes.
WW is more skilled and faster
Strength is equalized here.
Thus fight isn't fair.

A better fight would be to equalize speed instead. And allow WW's superior skill against Thor's superior strength (not in my opinion of course).

Don't respond to me because I will not reply to a troll like you, bottom line and you are on the ignore list.

the Darkone

She spars with Black Canary preboot, but didn't Thor as Donald Blake also hold his own with Cap?

He's a troll, thats why he is on my ignore list.

He acts like he knows what he is talking about, which he doesn't. He's a troll and a low baller, SC fanboy to the highest order.

Raisen
Wonder Woman 9/10. Thor is not an impressive hth fighter at all. WW is faster in combat and actually uses her legs in a fight. Thor has been using hammer smash and face punch for thousands of years; that's all he's got

Raisen
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What I meant was, the human body can only do so many movements, and they are generally all the same amongst different people. A right hook (from a right handed person) will always be more powerful than a flicked wrist, and you don't have to have had 100s of fights worth of experience to know that.

A punch is a punch is a punch. There's a cutoff point after which it doesn't matter if you've had a century of fight experience, or thousands of years - I mean, they've even trained with and used the same weaponry for most of that time (so Thor isn't a weapons master like Constantine Drakon, for example. He's used melee weapons mostly).

Otherwise, we'd have no limits fallacy, where the older person (Ra's, for example) should automatically win.

Excellent point that the vast majority of people never realize. However, when it comes to Thor a lot of fans just throw out the fact that he's been around for thousands of years = excellent fighter. Truth is, Thor is no Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Fist, or Wonder Woman. There is a handful of scans showing Thor doing something beyond face punching or the famous Pro Wrestling hand clasp. He is not a precision fighter at all. He never displays and litheness or agility. THOR IS NOT THAT GREAT OF A HTH FIGHTER. 60 years of panel time has proven this.

WW takes this match

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Raisen
Truth is, Thor is no Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Fist, or Wonder Woman. No one is Iron Fist.

And WW is shittier than the other two as well. Batman can outfight her with her super strength... although that has no bearing on this thread since Batman would slap Thor around like an Asgardian Thundergod, but still.

Silent Master
@Raisen

Actaully, you're falling into the trap of thinking flashy moves is the only way to show skill, it's the top tier version of the Batman vs Cap argument.

Raisen
Originally posted by Silent Master
@Raisen

Actaully, you're falling into the trap of thinking flashy moves is the only way to show skill, it's the top tier version of the Batman vs Cap argument.

Thor punches, hand clasps, and head butts. He hardly ever evades or blocks. He's 10,000 years old and displays skills equivalent to a housewife with a few Thai Bo sessions under her belt.

This is an average display for Wonder Woman:

Silent Master
Hardly ever evades or blocks, apparently you never saw his fights against the Wrecker or Hela, two people that have specially noted Thor's ability to evade their attacks.

And those were just off the top of my head.

h1a8

She spars with Black Canary preboot, but didn't Thor as Donald Blake also hold his own with Cap? Because she shows it. She has shown vast knowledge of strikes (including pressure points), parrying, blocking, counter attacking, evading, maneuvering, side stepping, etc. Skill is something that can be easily seen but hard to quantify. IMO, it's all in the technique and efficiency.

Her skill compares to top MAs. She's arguably the most skilled of all the herald level beings in h2h fighting. Thor's skill is almost non existent. Don't get me wrong, every character in comics have shown some fighting skill (even Superman) but we should look at the entire history. Any MA character would embarrass Thor if both fought h2h in equal human bodies. WW can compete with any MA character in equal bodies. Thor is an average joe that knows a few basics, nothing significant.

h1a8
Don't respond to me because I will not reply to a troll like you, bottom line and you are on the ignore list.

If you spout lies and incorrect facts then I will address them. I can't have you poisoning these members with your deluded fantasies.
That said, you were talking about strength when clearly this thread has strength equalized. So either you were trolling or you didn't see it. Either way I corrected you.

h1a8
Hardly ever evades or blocks, apparently you never saw his fights against the Wrecker or Hela, two people that have specially noted Thor's ability to evade their attacks.

And those were just off the top of my head.

Those fights in comparision to the 50 years of his career suggest "Hardly" is the correct word to use. Every character with many appearances will have showings of h2h skill, even Superman.

lol at "off the top of your head". You can't name too many more instances of where Thor shows a little h2h skill. No one can.

Damborgson
If you spout lies and incorrect facts

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Silent Master
Those fights in comparision to the 50 years of his career suggest "Hardly" is the correct word to use. Every character with many appearances will have showings of h2h skill, even Superman.

lol at "off the top of your head". You can't name too many more instances of where Thor shows a little h2h skill. No one can.

Taken from Rage's respect thread

In a mortal form, Thor defeats some Zombie like creatures unleashed by Loki along with some warriors.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies5.jpg

Giant rats are no problem for a warrior of Thor's caliber either.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsRats1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsRats2.jpg

Thor can even take out a helicopter when mortal.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter5.jpg

As he is so incredibly powerful, it's not often that you see his victories attributed to his skill, but when they are, they certainly are impressive, such as here when he rescues a girl and defeats numerous street punks.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks9.jpg

Thor along with the Enchantress suddenly find themselves bereft of powers and are attacked by punks who they dispose of without even paying them any attention.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks2.jpg

Even as Donald Blake, his skills are supreme.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/Thorskill3.jpg

Another showing of impressive skill when he knocks out 3 mortals with one hammer blow.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks11.jpg

Thor encounters the Enchantress' trained guards and disposes of them swiftly.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsEnchanGuards2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsEnchanGuards3.jpg

Bereft of powers and placed in the body of mortals, Thor defeats 3 armed guards of the Gibichung's stronghold with his amazing swordsmanship.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsArmy2.jpg

Later on, Thor once again takes on and defeats the Garrisons of the Gibichungs -who were the finest warriors in the Rhinelands- except this time, there were dozens of them.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsArmy3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsArmy4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsArmy5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsArmy6.jpg
Note: In these two scenes, Brunhilda had used her magic to make Thor impervious to harm unless he was struck from behind. Fortunately that was never tested as these guards could not even touch him.

Silent Master
In mortal form, Thor wrestles and defeats nearly a dozen men.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/StrongerthanDozen1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/StrongerthanDozen2.jpg

If you think that was impressive, here Thor takes on and out wrestles a Grizzly Bear when stripped of his powers and having his soul placed in a human form.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsBear1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsBear2.jpg

Thor further demonstrates his impressive skill when he defeats a horde of undead automatons while on the verge of death.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatRobotZomibes5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatRobotZomibes6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatRobotZomibes7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatRobotZomibes8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatRobotZomibes9.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatRobotZomibes10.jpg

A powerless Thor utterly annihilates two Troll Guards.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsTrolls1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsTrolls2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsTrolls3.jpg

Thor plows through the minions of Seth like a hot knife through butter.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsSethTroops1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsSethTroops2.jpg

Even after hours of torture, Thor is able to use his ridiculous fighting prowess to plow through Seth's minions and knock out Grog the God Crusher. The average strength for a male Heliopolitan god is class 30.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsGrog8.jpg

Without powers, Thor is able to keep up with Captain America -even saves his life- as they take on the troops of the Zodiac.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatZodiacWarriors1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatZodiacWarriors2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatZodiacWarriors3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatZodiacWarriors4.jpg

They encounter the troops of the Zodiac in their lair, and Thor once again keeps up with Captain America.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatZodiacWarriors7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatZodiacWarriors8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatZodiacWarriors9.jpg

Thor isn't just an extremely skilled warrior, but his also an amazing teacher as seen here when turns the young Cedaric who abhorred fighting into a great warrior.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/TrainCedaric.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/TrainCedaric2.jpg

Thor doesn't demonstrate incredible skill only when powerless as seen here when he utterly dominates Mister Hyde in battle using his incredible skill in 60 seconds.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsHyde1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsHyde2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsHyde3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThordefeatsHyde4.jpg

Silent Master
By now you must have realized that Thor is extremely proficient with weapons and that has always been the case, as seen here when a young Thor easily schools a fellow Asgardian in battle.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsAsgardian1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsAsgardian2.jpg

Thor goes on to easily defeat Sif as well.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsSif1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsSif2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSif3.jpg
Note: Sif is an incredibly skilled warrior in her own right as seen here when she easily bests Volstagg.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSif4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSif5.jpg

A drop kick to an opponent's face is always fun.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MangogvsThor15.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MangogvsThor16.jpg

Thor outmaneuvers the Super Skrull with his abilities.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsSuperSkrull10.jpg

Tosses Krato.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsHercules29.jpg

He Does something similar to Hercules.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsHercules34.jpg

Demonstrates skill when he adds Ulik's weight to his own for a toss.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Ulikskill.jpg

Thor darts and weaves between Ulik's blows, then flips him.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Ulikskill2.jpg

Thor illustrates his superior skills against Masterson, leading to comments such as "Thor's dodging and weaving like a pro!" and "I can't seem to land a blow on him!".
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsMastersonThor2.jpg

The Absorbing Man believed that simply possessing all of Thor's powers made them equals, but he soon learned that was not the case, when Thor outfights him in moments using his superior skill.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsAbsorbingMan19.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsAbsorbingMan20.jpg

"How can I fight 'Im? He's everywhere at once!!" is how Crusher Creel describes Thor who beats him down using his incredible fighting skills.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsAbsorbingMan31.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsAbsorbingMan32.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsAbsorbingMan34.jpg

Thor might brawl like a brick against his peers in strength, but that is because he chooses to. When he truly gets ticked off and uses his skills, the fight gets one sided, even if his opponent is someone as formidable as the Juggernaut.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor7.jpg

After their teammates were defeated, Thor and Hercules take on the Exemplars -beings who are peers to the Juggernaut- "in a display of skill and strength that rivals anything seen in Earth's long history." If they were not so outnumbered,"their centuries of experience" would have allowed them to win.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/Thorskill2.jpg

Thor once again shows what separates him from other powerhouses when he beats the utter shit out of an amped Loki and Fenris without letting them lay a hand on him.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/RagnarokThor31.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/RagnarokThor32.jpg

The Man Beast was apparently an incredibly skilled individual, possessing the knowledge of every form of combat evolved by a million years, and Thor's fighting prowess still proves to be the superior.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsManBeast2.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsManBeast3.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsManBeast9.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsManBeast10.jpg

Even a warrior as fabled as Hercules is impressed by Thor's skills.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorskill.jpg

Thor briefly counters and outmaneuvers Hercules.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsHercules4.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsHercules5.jpg

Thor uses his skill to defeat Hercules in combat.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHercules1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHercules2.jpg
Note: This might be a different Hercules from the one we are currently familiar with.

Captain America himself has described Thor's abilities as such: "He is an expert combatant; having been trained for hundreds of years in the art of war. His understanding of tactics and strategies encompasses the teachings of cultures over several centuries. Thor has shown himself to be proficient as a swordsman and in the use of his enchanted Uru hammer, Mjolnir."
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Bio6.jpg

Branlor Swift
I didn't look at any of those, but I can tell you for a fact h1 will not post any WW skill feats.

Someone else might, but he won't. Although he'll definitely talk about the skill feats she has... without covering one of them.

You should have just listened to your name and been the master of silent, because you're about to be orally penetrated.

the Darkone
If you spout lies and incorrect facts then I will address them. I can't have you poisoning these members with your deluded fantasies.
That said, you were talking about strength when clearly this thread has strength equalized. So either you were trolling or you didn't see it. Either way I corrected you.

You couldn't correct sh**, troll. Go troll some where else nobody respects or your faulty logic your nothing but a troll. I know you your not accusing who is telling lies, you are the biggest liar on here and troll. Your the biggest poison piece of sh**, your the one that spouting lies and a poison and you have been called out on it on numerous occasions and been proven you a lying fool who go by bios instead of reading comics. Nobody on this thread or site needs your help on anything, if I'm wrong and somebody corrects me and someone backs up what he is saying, I respect it, unlike you wants argue a losing battle. Do all of us and go away, your nothing but a waste of space and time. Troll

h1a8
Taken from Rage's respect thread

In a mortal form, Thor defeats some Zombie like creatures unleashed by Loki along with some warriors.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsZombies5.jpg

Giant rats are no problem for a warrior of Thor's caliber either.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsRats1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsRats2.jpg

Thor can even take out a helicopter when mortal.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DestroysHelicopter5.jpg

As he is so incredibly powerful, it's not often that you see his victories attributed to his skill, but when they are, they certainly are impressive, such as here when he rescues a girl and defeats numerous street punks.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks9.jpg Anyone can post irrelevant scans. Quantity =/= Quality.

None of that mess shows Thor's h2h fighting skill. Any amateur could have done what Thor done with the sword. Also throwing Mjolnir at the helicopter is a strength feat not a h2h skill feat. You are wasting bandwidth with this nonsense. You should have looked through the feats before blindly copying and pasting. It's funny how you criticize me for using a bullet catching feat to show skill yet you are doing the same here but with inferior shit. Oh an elbow to the the head after the punk grabs Thor head. That shows great skill alright. Good job!
And hitting a punk with an enchanted hammer also shows great h2h skill.

Even as Donald Blake, his skills are supreme.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/Thorskill3.jpg

Another showing of impressive skill when he knocks out 3 mortals with one hammer blow.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsPunks11.jpg

Thor encounters the Enchantress' trained guards and disposes of them swiftly.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsEnchanGuards2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mortal%20Thor/DefeatsEnchanGuards3.jpg

Again more non h2h skill shown. Yawn. You succeeded in showing he can use Mjolnir a little in battle.
Cool, another irrelevant sword fight. Good thing this fight isn't with a swords. Diana may almost lose this.

Silent Master
LOL at the troll.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok rage.of.doucheness, you turned a completely harmless fun post to vent your frustration upon, so to hell with it.

What is the meaning of using two pointless scans of thor fighting durok means? We both know he nearly died from fighting him and I didn't find any evidence that surfer only a spark of life in thor. If you found a proof, I would gladly concede. But till then surfer completely healed thor as seen here

Like I said thor is a big pansy for being worn out by fodder giants and trolls.

What? At no point was it mentioned that thor fought Loki as a peer and if some giants can wear thor out from class 100 level to Loki level of strength, he has a shitty stamina.

Also, loki didn't struck thor with that piece of masonry. He just struck masonry and debris flew out and struck him down. That's not like someone using an object to hit a character. He was KTFO, be it for one page or ten pages. The next time he wakes up its stated he was rising from unconsciousness. Also him getting worn down by trolls and getting KTFO by flying part of masonry is still a horrendous low showing. I don't have any interest in the rest of your rant and thanks for sucking out all the fun from this thread.

Okay.

So, you agree that Thor was down momentarily out of exhaustion? Okay good, although I'm not sure why there was any confusion as Loki outright states that Thor falls from battle weariness.

So this isn't about a harmless little scan but you looking for an embarrassing scene for Thor. I'm glad we've cleared up your petty and childlike motivations here.

I thought you said that you've read this arc? If you need me to explain to you why Loki was a peer to Thor in his condition at the time, then you obviously haven't.

So your argument now hinges on Thor having shitty stamina because Surfer healed him to full? Okay, if that's what you think that's fine I guess.

Me personally? Well I read the arc and saw Thor endure Hela, Loki, and Durok back to back without faltering so I find it hard to believe that Thor if he was healed to 100% would suddenly be tired from fighting Giants and such for two pages. I think it's much more likely that Thor's previous trials were taking its toll and Loki's plan for Durok to outlast him (Hence the "useless" scans) was paying off.

Yes, clearly a bunch of trolls and Storm Giants that he facerolled fairly easily wore him out more successfully than going toe to toe with Loki and Durok back to back. Do you even listen to yourself?

Also, where does it say unconsciousness?
http://i48.tinypic.com/qqe4qg.jpg

Whatever man, think what you want. I've presented the counter evidence to your argument, people can now draw their own conclusions. I'm of the stance that the obvious and logical conclusion is that Thor was finally tired from all his previous trials and that's why he momentarily faltered. Including the ones with Durok etc., and Surfer didn't heal him to 100% but simply revived him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh, while browsing I came across these little gems:
http://i47.tinypic.com/aelbbb.jpgv
http://i47.tinypic.com/akkcqq.jpg

How many times does it need to be hit over your head that Loki had all but exhausted Thor through all his trials? He had literally JUST returned to Asgard and was worn out. Which sounds a lot like Loki's plan to wear Thor out and have Durok outlast him:

But yea, I'm sure Surfer healed Thor to a 100%, clearly indicated by the "gasp of returning life" and the request to lean on him:

The entire arc is a testament to Thor's ridiculous stamina, doing that much battle back to back for like 5 issues, not some kind of low showing.

But like I said, whatever. Agree to disagree.

Branlor Swift
Rage is madder right now than most people in the world currently are.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm going to throttle your Anus.

Branlor Swift
I'll just clench and twist.

Then you'll send God angry letters asking him to retcon that out of history.

h1a8
By now you must have realized that Thor is extremely proficient with weapons and that has always been the case, as seen here when a young Thor easily schools a fellow Asgardian in battle.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsAsgardian1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsAsgardian2.jpg

Thor goes on to easily defeat Sif as well.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsSif1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsSif2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSif3.jpg
Note: Sif is an incredibly skilled warrior in her own right as seen here when she easily bests Volstagg.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSif4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsSif5.jpg Yawn more sword fighting. And with a younger Sif at that.

Congratulations! You have shown your first h2h feat by Thor.

Another! Weaksauce though. The second one is super strength though.

More superstrength? This is a good one. Kudos. So we have are first good feat so far. decent skill there too. Nothing very impressive though. Most boxers can dart and weave. So Thor shows some basics fighting ability which is some skill. Well that shows skill too. Crusher Creel isn't a great fighter but nontheless Thor shows some skill.

Not impressive, especially against who he's fighting.

Decent showing. Not that great but still good. I first thought of this one when I think of Thor's skill at his best.

Weaksauce. Look at the actual fight. Thor did nothing impressive skill wise, neither did Manbeast. But this scan proves that the combo to ko principle exists in comics. All it takes is one hit.

WTF Dumb attack by Hercules. But still it shows Thor have a little skill.

Weaksauce. Weaksauce. Not a h2h feat.

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I didn't look at any of those, Good because most of them were either garbage or irrelevant (not h2h fighting feats).

Silent Master
LOL at the troll

Branlor Swift
Hopefully the report box just gets flooded because of h1

h1a8
LOL at the troll

Trolls don't read entire replies and address each one.
If you disagree with my replies then rebut them.

Showing Thor fighting with weapons is irrelevant.
Posting a lot of scans only fools the weak ass minded people. It's the quality of the feats that matter and not the quantity.

Overall, Thor shows some intermediate h2h ability. He has skill, as shown in the Fernus feat (which I always kept in the back of my mind) but nothing exceptional.

WW is still vastly superior to Thor in skill. That is not to say Thor has no h2h skill, he does.

Silent Master
Trolls don't read entire replies and address each one.
If you disagree with my replies then rebut them.

Showing Thor fighting with weapons is irrelevant.
Posting a lot of scans only fools the weak ass minded people. It's the quality of the feats that matter and not the quantity.

Overall, Thor shows some intermediate h2h ability. He has skill, as shown in the Fernus feat (which I always kept in the back of my mind) but nothing exceptional.

WW is still vastly superior to Thor in skill. That is not to say Thor has no h2h skill, he does.

Start posting WW skill feats.

h1a8
Hopefully the report box just gets flooded because of h1

Not really. If anything Silent was trolling by posting many irrelevant scans and think he will be seen for their sheer number and not quality. I addressed each one. I gave Thor some props on some but most were irrelevant or just weak.

Silent Master
Not really. If anything Silent was trolling by posting many irrelevant scans and think he will be seen for their sheer number and not quality. I addressed each one. I gave Thor some props and some but most were irrelevant or just weak.

You asked for skill feats and I posted them.

h1a8
Start posting WW skill feats. I don't have any WW comics to post them. So I'll leave that to Abi or another D.C. fan. since they probably have them stacked up. I wish Nvr was still a member. He would own right now.

I do have "Sacrifice" and a few others as I can post scans from that.

But isn't it common knowledge that Diana is more skilled in h2h than Thor?
Should this even be entertained with wasted bandwidth?
It's like trying to prove whether Thor is stronger than Colossus or Thing.
My god!

Silent Master
I don't have any WW comics to post them. So I'll leave that to Abi or another D.C. fan. since they probably have them stacked up. I wish Nvr was still a member. He would own right now.

I do have "Sacrifice" and a few others as I can post scans from that.

But isn't it common knowledge that Diana is more skilled in h2h than Thor?
Should this even be entertained with wasted bandwidth?
It's like trying to prove whether Thor is stronger than Colossus or Thing.
My god!

Start backing up your claim regarding WW's skill.

h1a8
You asked for skill feats and I posted them.

h2h skill feats.
Thor can be skilled for sucking a .... but it would still be irrelevant.

Silent Master
h2h skill feats.
Thor can be skilled for sucking a .... but it would still be irrelevant.

Even the scans involving weapons had Thor doing things like blocking or evading attacks, which is relevant to a HTH fight, so most of the scans posted were on point.

Now, Start backing up your claim regarding WW's skill.

h1a8
Even the scans involving weapons had Thor doing things like blocking or evading attacks, which is relevant to a HTH fight, so most of the scans posted were on point.

No they weren't. Blocking with a sword or using sword technique is called fencing. A professional fencer would get their ass beat by even an amateur boxer.
Evasion does add to h2h skill though. But it's not the same as evading an attack from arm distance, which is less distance, or a kick.

I will try to post something for WW. I just have to find some comics, give me time.
Here's one though. I think Raisen posted another scan earlier.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7017/sskill.png

Silent Master
No they weren't. Blocking with a sword or using sword technique is called fencing. A professional fencer would get their ass beat by even an amateur boxer.
Evasion does add to h2h skill though. But it's not the same as evading an attack from arm distance, which is less distance, or a kick.

I will try to post something for WW. I just have to find some comics, give me time.
Here's one though. I think Raisen posted another scan earlier.

Branlor Swift
Not a h2h feat.

Silent Master

Exactly, he ignores some of Thor's feats because Thor's using a weapon, even though they still have Thor blocking and dodging which is relevant to a HTH fight and then posts a character statement as a feat.

His double standards are rather obvious.

Supra
If Thor can block and dodge Hulk, he can do the same to WW.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by Supra
If Thor can block and dodge Hulk, he can do the same to WW.
Except WW has super speed, that might make dodging a tad bit more difficult.

curryman
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG

So does Thor and the Hulk.

It's the degree of superspeed that matters, obviously.

Raisen
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG

Hulk has also consistenly demonstrated some form of super speed and super reflexes.

@SilentMaster-
I do appreciate the time you took to post those scans. However, none are very impressive; for the most part they are demonstrations of super strenght, and simply show that Thor can dodge and weave. Some examples are pure PIS. For example, human Thor with no super strength tossing what would appear to be an 1,100 lb. bear. That's pure PIS. You must also take into account the skill level and set of the opponent. Some mediocre guys will make C-listers look really bad.

Don't get me wrong; I will lay it out there for future reference that I despise almost everything DC. Feel free to use that against me in the future. However, I ALWAYS try to be unbias.............and Thor has nothing on WW in the hth department or speed department.

Here's WW fighting the JL blindfolded.

Silent Master
I'm well aware of WW's feats, unlike h1a8, I actually have knowledge of both characters.

She has some good feats, problem is that people try and claim that she has A list skill, which isn't even close to being true.

h1a8
Exactly, he ignores some of Thor's feats because Thor's using a weapon, even though they still have Thor blocking and dodging which is relevant to a HTH fight and then posts a character statement as a feat.

His double standards are rather obvious.
If blocking with a sword shows h2h skill then why argue with me in the Ozy thread about Ozy catching a bullet doesn't show skill? Could a fencer compete with a boxer in h2h fighting?

Sure blocking with a sword shows reflexes that's needed in h2h skill. But Diana is far faster than those guys with the swords.

Dodging is relevant (but in a limited fashion) to h2h and can be used. I admitted it, so why bring it up?

It doesn't have to be all h2h feats but evidence. We don't have to accept character's opinions of another character's skill if you don't want to. So choose.

deathlife
h1a8 needs to start posting WW skill feats.

I'm not the biggest Thor supporter but his fans have backed up their arguments very well.

Saying WW can do something without us actually seeing it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

Raisen
Originally posted by deathlife

I'm not the biggest Thor supporter but his fans have backed up their arguments very well.

Saying WW can do something without us actually seeing it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

I've been posting feats.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Raisen
I've been posting feats.

We want h1a8 to post the feats, since he made the claim.

h1a8
Originally posted by deathlife

Saying WW can do something without us actually seeing it doesn't add anything to the discussion. Some feats are already posted if you look through the thread.

The problem here is most members don't generally have WW comics and most of the scans in the WW respect thread don't work. So it would be very hard to show some more scans. I appreciate those who have posted some though. A good WW fan is needed right now.

Lastly, I'm not claiming Thor has no fighting skill. That's crazy! I'm just saying WW being more skilled than him is common comic book knowledge. Why waste time in that debate just to pick on a poster?

h1a8
We want h1a8 to post the feats, since he made the claim. This is a debate forum. The truth is the goal, not where it comes from. Anything other than that is clearly trolling. You either believe WW is more skilled or you don't. Trying to slickly pick on posters shows a low maturity level.

Silent Master
This is a debate forum. The truth is the goal, not where it comes from. Anything other than that is clearly trolling. You either believe WW is more skilled or you don't. Trying to slickly pick on posters shows a low maturity level.

You made the claim, so start posting proof.

Raisen
You made the claim, so start posting proof.

Dude, I'm the Wonder Woman expert around here. She DESTROYS Thor due to her shape shifting abilities.

-Pr-
This is a debate forum. The truth is the goal, not where it comes from. Anything other than that is clearly trolling. You either believe WW is more skilled or you don't. Trying to slickly pick on posters shows a low maturity level.

You can't arrive at the truth without evidence.

Otherwise people will disregard what you say.

Sasaraixx
Diana wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not a h2h feat.

I lol'ed.

Silent Master
I lol'ed.

For someone that seems to accept statements as proof of skill, don't you find it odd that he skipped over the scan that stated the following in regards to Thor "in a display of skill and strength that rivals anything seen in Earth's long history."?

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
You can't arrive at the truth without evidence.

Otherwise people will disregard what you say. Lol no.
Silent didn't want anyone to prove it but me. meaning that he's not interested in the truth but rather in picking on me.

So you totally misunderstand my post.
Basically I'm saying it doesn't matter which poster provides the evidence. The goal is to have the evidence to arrive at the truth.

h1a8
For someone that seems to accept statements as proof of skill, don't you find it odd that he skipped over the scan that stated the following in regards to Thor "in a display of skill and strength that rivals anything seen in Earth's long history."? His strength yes, where is this statement about his skill? I didn't see that in the scan.

Silent Master
Lol no.
Silent didn't want anyone to prove it but me. meaning that he's not interested in the truth but rather in picking on me.

Basically I'm saying it doesn't matter which poster provides the evidence. The goal is to have the evidence to arrive at the truth.

You're the one that made the claim, that means the burden of proof is on you.

His strength yes, where is this statement about his skill? I didn't see that in the scan.

Since you appear to be blind.

-Pr-
Lol no.

So you refuse to back up your statements, then?

the Darkone
Originally posted by -Pr-
So you refuse to back up your statements, then?

That's who he is PR, I don't have a scanner at least I can provide Issue numbers. He always wants us to provide proof but, he won't he goes by his opinion which he thinks it's fact. Panel proof and statements are fact not your feelings.

That's why I say he is a troll, I can admit if I'm wrong, but this Troll can't ,he thinks he is always right, because he is a so call teacher, teacher of BS that's about it.

Silent Master
That's who he is PR, I don't have a scanner at least I can provide Issue numbers. He always wants us to provide proof but, he won't he goes by his opinion which he thinks it's fact. Panel proof and statements are fact not your feelings.

That's why I say he is a troll, I can admit if I'm wrong, but this Troll can't ,he thinks he is always right, because he is a so call teacher, teacher of BS that's about it.

You're not wrong, I posted a quote that started with the words "in a display of skill" and his response was "where is this statement about his skill?"

the Darkone
Back to the thread, Thor is just as skilled as WW with more experience stronger, more durable not only he is God of Thunder he is a War God. He's been fighting since before WW was a after thought, she will make Thor work for it but she will not overwhelmed him, Thor has seen it all. Thor wins 7/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol no.

Picking on you? Lol, this guy.

You've made some pretty steep claims in this thread. If you can't provide any sort of evidence and are relying on the good graces of others, you were clearly talking out of your ass.

PillarofOsiris
Back to the thread, Thor is just as skilled as WW with more experience stronger, more durable not only he is God of Thunder he is a War God. He's been fighting since before WW was a after thought, she will make Thor work for it but she will not overwhelmed him, Thor has seen it all. Thor wins 7/10

There's a lot wrong with this post. Marvel Ares is literally a War god. Do you think he has even a 1% chance of bringing down Wonder Woman? Considering the best move I've ever seen Thor use against someone is a haymaker, I'd hardly call him more skilled than Wonder Woman. Durability is also questionable. She's taken some big hits from Superman and stayed conscious. Thor's recent durability showings are...well let's just say it....humiliating. Thor's main advantage over WW would arguably be strength. Since their strengths are equalized in this thread, it's almost spite against Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's more durable than Wonder Woman. I don't know how that's debatable, even taking into account the recent poor showings. His best is still better and her lows are just as bad.

Sasaraixx
Back to the thread, Thor is just as skilled as WW

Debatable.

with more experience stronger

Considering how much experience WW has and how skilled she is, I don't think it will make a difference at all. And based on the stipulations in this thread, he is not stronger.

more durable

This is true, but Diana's durability to blunt force is right up there.

not only he is God of Thunder he is a War God.

She's dealt with gods before, including the God of War.

He's been fighting since before WW was a after thought, she will make Thor work for it but she will not overwhelmed him, Thor has seen it all. Thor wins 7/10

You're ignoring the speed advantage she has over him. That is why Diana wins. Any advantages he'd have over her in this scenario are negated or neutralized by her speed.

Seriously, this thread was tailor made for her. Minus a lasso win, if Diana was ever going to topple Thor, these would be the circumstances she'd do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.