Current Hulk vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheHulk
No Prep,No BFR and Both going all out in other dimension cause lets face it both of them can bust galaxies if they want but clashing will destroy the universe...

TheHulk
I guess people really can't choose.......

Uriel005
Been done before planet/environment explodes Hulk is stuck drifting in space while prime picks him off at will. Also Hulk is not fast enough to tag Prime.

carver9
Hulk wins.

Slaanesh
Prime ripped Hulk's head off and throws it into the sun..

TheHulk
Current Hulk wins 6/10 and all the other threads are like 2010.....and that hulk during that time was holding back.Current Hell No....

Uriel005
wrong

cdtm
SBP wins.

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk wins. Carver you might want to give some reasons....... sad

Uriel005
Originally posted by TheHulk
Carver you might want to give some reasons....... sad your asking the biggest hulk fanboy for reasons why the hulk would win in a fight... terrible debating. You want to list high end feats. Have Hulk fight the entire lantern legion, mordru, JLA, Legion of superheroes, an earth-1 supes and earth 2 supes simultaneously. Oh and pimpsmack Mxy into the source wall and beat him like a retarded dwarf.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

TheHulk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk wins. Wow After what you and carver are going true i'm surprise you are still supporting hulk

quanchi112
Wow After what you and carver are going true i'm surprise you are still supporting hulk I always debate with who I feel actually wins each and every thread. It makes me pretty awesome I know.

Uriel005
Wow After what you and carver are going true i'm surprise you are still supporting hulk Don't be Quan does this with everyone at least once. It makes the make up sex that much better.

Good thing I don't bother with it...

carver9
Hulk is stronger than Prime and Prime isn't dropping Hulk at all. We need to get a clear indication of what type of power output it takes to ko Hulk but from what we have seen so far, Hulk has tanked High Herald level strength without even noticing it and he has also walked though amped high Herald blasting power. Prime is powerful but just like I said in the Superman vs Prime thread...a one on one fight against a top tier or above , can't see Prime doing so well.

cdtm
SBP wins, with ease. Faster, stronger, more durable, more impressive feats.

god of war 666
Hulk

iceman24567
Prime

Damborgson
SuperBoy Prime kills him in the most emo way possible. http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
SuperBoy Prime kills him in the most emo way possible. http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif

D*** lie.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by iceman24567
Prime

Nihilist
Prime kills him.

Damborgson
D*** lie. nuh uh

carver9
Prime gets his head crushed.

iceman24567
Prime rips Hulk to pieces

Nihilist
Prime rips Hulk to pieces thumb up ignore the boring troll

carver9
Prime rips Hulk to pieces

Lol...is this a competition for the last word? I would love for you to stop.

Hulks stronger and more durable. Prime gets punched to sleep.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Uriel005
Been done before planet/environment explodes Hulk is stuck drifting in space while prime picks him off at will. Also Hulk is not fast enough to tag Prime.

thumb up
Hard to tag someone while you're just drifting in space.

carver9
Prime isn't blowing up the planet and Prime rarely if ever use speed during combat. Hulk WILL tag him.

iceman24567
Lol...is this a competition for the last word? I would love for you to stop.

Hulks stronger and more durable. Prime gets punched to sleep. Prime is faster, stronger and more durable he wrecks Hulk if he goes full out

carver9
Prime is faster, stronger and more durable he wrecks Hulk if he goes full out

Sigh*

iceman24567
Sigh* I agree Hulk gets rolled up like a blunt and smoked while Prime is riding on chrome

carver9
I agree Hulk gets rolled up like a blunt and smoked while Prime is riding on chrome

Lol...Hulk don't smoke. The only thing that will be smoking on him is his fist from caving Prime chest in.

iceman24567
Lol...Hulk don't smoke. The only thing that will be smoking on him is his fist from caving Prime chest in. Ok carv

ColossusGrundy
Prime wins soundly,

no fanboy "hulk will get stronger" comment will change it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Prime wins soundly,

no fanboy "hulk will get stronger" comment will change it. Based on what does Prime win soundly ?

JakeTheBank
Prime should take it if all powers are in effect and such. He's not no selling anything Hulk throws his way, though. If/when Hulk hits Prime, it's going to hurt him.

Bentley
Based on what does Prime win soundly ?

His status are above Thanos's level, and you have explained that you believe Thanos is above Hulk, then you obviously agree.

DARTH POWER
Prime isn't blowing up the planet and Prime rarely if ever use speed during combat. Hulk WILL tag him.

??? Prime's used his speed on plenty of occasions..

And why's Prime not destroying the Planet?? He tried to destroy the Universe, so a Planet is small pickings for him.

vansonbee
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

And why's Prime not destroying the Planet?? He tried to destroy the Universe, so a Planet is small pickings for him. Destroying a universe for a purpose, but in this match, he wouldn't think that straight out, other than fighting head on, which would be his end xD

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by vansonbee
Destroying a universe for a purpose, but in this match, he wouldn't think that straight out, other than fighting head on, which would be his end xD

If this happens then that would be purpose enough for him to destroy the planet..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
His status are above Thanos's level, and you have explained that you believe Thanos is above Hulk, then you obviously agree. Prime isn't on Thanos' level nor has he ever been close to his level.

Bentley
Of course, we all agreed that he's above Thanos's level. It's always delightful to agree with you Quan!

carver9

And why's Prime not destroying the Planet?? He tried to destroy the Universe, so a Planet is small pickings for him.

Prime fights head on like he fought 90% of his fight head on without using this so called untouchable speed.

When has Prime destroyed a planet during fist cuffs?

Parmaniac
Prime fights head on like he fought 90% of his fight head on without using this so called untouchable speed.

When has Prime destroyed a planet during fist cuffs? He dashed into the core of an Earth without villains because the heroes on it got rid off them.

The Earth was gone after that.

DARTH POWER

Most the guys he fights in the DCU also have untouchable speeds. Has SBP lost a fight to anyone 1000 times slower than him?? I doubt it.

When has Prime destroyed a planet during fist cuffs?

He flew off mid-fight against Bart to destroy the Universe! You really telling me if he's losing to Hulk he wouldn't be willing to do the same to the planet they're fighting on??

carver9
Most the guys he fights in the DCU also have untouchable speeds. Has SBP lost a fight to anyone 1000 times slower than him?? I doubt it.

He flew off mid-fight against Bart to destroy the Universe! You really telling me if he's losing to Hulk he wouldn't be willing to do the same to the planet they're fighting on??

Prime rarely if ever use super speed and the times he does use it, its to bull rush. Let's not pretend as if he goes around fighting like Wally.

Prime has been in many fights and in some he was losing and you give me one instance of him trying to do destroy the universe and try to throw it off as something common. Doesn't work like that.

This would more than likely turn out to be a fist fight.

quanchi112
Of course, we all agreed that he's above Thanos's level. It's always delightful to agree with you Quan! Prime isn't beyond an elite top tier unlike Thanos.

DARTH POWER
Prime rarely if ever use super speed and the times he does use it, its to bull rush. Let's not pretend as if he goes around fighting like Wally.

Yeah but lets not pretend Wally can afford to fool around and not use his speed. He cant. Prime is one of the strongest beings in DCU. He's not usually worried about getting hit. But show me where he was getting thrashed by someone 1000 times slower, and yet refused to use his superior speed to his advantage.

He of course uses his speed in combat when he needs it, especially if he's losing. Like when he was fighting off the Flashes.

Prime has been in many fights and in some he was losing and you give me one instance of him trying to do destroy the universe and try to throw it off as something common. Doesn't work like that.

Well im not saying he's gna destroy the Universe every time. But the fact is he was losing to Bart, and had every hero on DC Earth against him, so he got fed up and actually did go to destroy the Universe in that instance.

So I dnt see how you can say theres no way he'd resort destroying the planet IF he was getting a beat down from the Hulk. Of course it depends what Planet they are fighting on, but a Planet is hardly a Universe, and we know Prime has no problem whatsoever destroying planets. And we know from his fight with Bart, if things arnt going his way he can easily fly off and do something crazy like that!

carver9
Yeah but lets not pretend Wally can afford to fool around and not use his speed. He cant. Prime is one of the strongest beings in DCU. He's not usually worried about getting hit. But show me where he was getting thrashed by someone 1000 times slower, and yet refused to use his superior speed to his advantage.

He of course uses his speed in combat when he needs it, especially if he's losing. Like when he was fighting off the Flashes.

Well im not saying he's gna destroy the Universe every time. But the fact is he was losing to Bart, and had every hero on DC Earth against him, so he got fed up and actually did go to destroy the Universe in that instance.

So I dnt see how you can say theres no way he'd resort destroying the planet IF he was getting a beat down from the Hulk. Of course it depends what Planet they are fighting on, but a Planet is hardly a Universe, and we know Prime has no problem whatsoever destroying planets. And we know from his fight with Bart, if things arnt going his way he can easily fly off and do something crazy like that!

I agree, Prime is one of the strongest beings in the Universe and Prideful at that which is the reason he results in going fist cuffs.

I don't get your speed argument. He fought plenty of people and its pretty much common sense speed wasn't involved during these fights...including his fight against ION. That's like me saying that since Hulk fought Gladiator, Sentry, Genis, Hyperion, etc, etc...he has light speed reaction. This argument can't go one way.

By the way, if Prime exits the battle field, he automatically lose due to bfring himself.

horrorwolf
I agree, Prime is one of the strongest beings in the Universe and Prideful at that which is the reason he results in going fist cuffs.

I don't get your speed argument. He fought plenty of people and its pretty much common sense speed wasn't involved during these fights...including his fight against ION. That's like me saying that since Hulk fought Gladiator, Sentry, Genis, Hyperion, etc, etc...he has light speed reaction. This argument can't go one way.

By the way, if Prime exits the battle field, he automatically lose due to bfring himself.

yes

carver9
Originally posted by horrorwolf
yes

Good to have you back buddy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by horrorwolf
yes Wyb ?

horrorwolf
sup - Checkin in

DARTH POWER

Yeah except big difference is we know as a fact SBP has lightspeed reflexes. We also know as a fact the Hulk has not got Lightspeed reflexes.

And your argument can be turned the other way.. theres plenty of fights SBP was in when its clear he was fighting near lightspeed. The obvious examples would be his fights against the Flashes.

I dnt really understand this ongoing "lets ignore Kryptonians having near LS super speed" argument on these boards.

carver9
Prime never displayed light speed reaction.

TheHulk
Prime never displayed light speed reaction. Still he should have.....

iceman24567
Prime actually does use his other powers i would say even more so than normal Superman

Sundipped
Prime actually does use his other powers i would say even more so than normal Superman

Yeah except for the force breath and microscopic vision.

Uriel005
This board doesn't like speed in general because it's so commonly ignored in comic because there wouldn't be a story otherwise. Case and point being the Flash anytime after Rebirth. His speed had no limits and was constantly approaching infinity. Time wasn't a barrier, Flash showed limited matter manip with the costume generation. Of course if he does this everytime his Rogues gallery would never stand a chance in hell. Captain Cold, Boomerang and others would be jokes as would any other considering one of the fastest attacks in the universe i.e. omega beams failed to catch a Flash and the Black Racer failed as well. Additionally spamming superman+ level punches gets stupid as well.

Also on this forum by forum rules the speed shouldn't be an issue as it is well within most Flashes powersets to speedforce taps and while most people call it CIS it is most definitely under the PIS category which isn't taken into account. Also there is the idea that it is out of character but at the same time forum rules say they will go to the best of their ability without going out of character. Going out of character for most speedsters involves not killing someone. It does not mean that they won't make a fool out of their opponents by displaying their speed. Hell it's almost a speedster trademark to have an arrogant showing of superiority by carelessly dodging any attempt an enemy makes to tag them. So running at top speed to dodge any attack is not out of character even if people want to argue abusing speed as an attack method is due to it's potential lethality.

Prime should be no different in this case as should anyone with superspeed whom even in past confrontations have been tagged whom should never have been tagged by simple bricks short of extraneous circumstances.

-Pr-

What makes you say that?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sundipped
Yeah except for the force breath and microscopic vision. Yeah he usually uses freeze breath and hv but he does so frequently
Originally posted by -Pr-
What makes you say that? Just an observation i may be wrong

Colossus-Big C
A normal superman can beat prime people

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
A normal superman can beat prime people

So?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
A normal superman can beat prime people Based on ?

Diesldude
Prime never displayed light speed reaction.

That's really unnecessary in this argument. Not going to argue if he has shown this ability or even if has it, but from what he has shown on panel, he is quick enough to make Hulk look like a statue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
That's really unnecessary in this argument. Not going to argue if he has shown this ability or even if has it, but from what he has shown on panel, he is quick enough to make Hulk look like a statue. Prime doesn't use his speed in an offensive manner. We argue based off what''s in character not what you'd do with his powers.

Diesldude
Prime doesn't use his speed in an offensive manner. We argue based off what''s in character not what you'd do with his powers.

Are you sure about that?

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/Diesldude/speedblitz.jpg

It sure looked like he speedblitzed and 1 shotted Donna Troy and the Martian Manhunter in Infiniti Crisis #3. Kinda shows that he will use this power if and when he needs to.

cdtm
Prime doesn't use his speed in an offensive manner. We argue based off what''s in character not what you'd do with his powers.

We also argue best showings, tactics, use of powers.. In character only really means whether a character kills or not, or suffers from CIS limitations like lack of creativity or intelligence related...

quanchi112
Are you sure about that?

It sure looked like he speedblitzed and 1 shotted Donna Troy and the Martian Manhunter in Final Crisis #3. Kinda shows that he will use this power if and when he needs to. Was prime even in fc 3 ? Are you aware of who Prime is ? I guess off panel wins are speed blitzes to you and we can ignore 90 percent of his other appearances.

-Pr-
I think he meant IC.

cdtm
Superboy Prime did break into the fifth dimension and snatched Mxy.

And held both him, and alt version of Zatanna, hostage..

Not to mention, shrugging off attacks from Mordru, who could rape stomp Hulk or Thanos..

Diesldude
Was prime even in fc 3 ? Are you aware of who Prime is ? I guess off panel wins are speed blitzes to you and we can ignore 90 percent of his other appearances.

I meant IC. Sorry about that, just posted the scan above.

Diesldude
Are you sure about that?

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/Diesldude/speedblitz.jpg

It sure looked like he speedblitzed and 1 shotted Power Girl and the Martian Manhunter in Infiniti Crisis #3. Kinda shows that he will use this power if and when he needs to.

BTW this is worthy of being in Prime's respect thread.

vansonbee
Originally posted by cdtm
Superboy Prime did break into the fifth dimension and snatched Mxy.

And held both him, and alt version of Zatanna, hostage..

Not to mention, shrugging off attacks from Mordru, who could rape stomp Hulk or Thanos.. Context, Prime has an armor, that allows him to be immune to magic.

Most of the debate regarding Hulk, will be about strength anyways.

-Pr-
Isn't that Power Girl?

Diesldude
Shoot, you're right, i havnt had my caffeine yet. WTF am i thinking? gotta make sure i double check my work tonight as well. LOL

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by vansonbee
Context, Prime has an armor, that allows him to be immune to magic.

Most of the debate regarding Hulk, will be about strength anyways.
When do they ever say that his armor allows him to be immune to magic

Uriel005
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
When do they ever say that his armor allows him to be immune to magic The only thing that the armor is confirmed to do is solar amp him.

Bentley
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
When do they ever say that his armor allows him to be immune to magic

Never, which goes to prove people like to spout nonsense when caffeine deprived.

ColossusGrundy
Seriously between his feats (trashing the Anti-Monitor) and superspeed.......

The Hulk has NO chance. THis would be laughable. THis is the way a Hulk/Supes fight would go IF Supes had the cajones to let loose on someone.

Hulk goes down in a nasty green puddle...........he won't have time to "Get stronger" as the fanboys lovingly chant.

DARTH POWER
Was prime even in fc 3 ? Are you aware of who Prime is ? I guess off panel wins are speed blitzes to you and we can ignore 90 percent of his other appearances.

What are you talking about? He blitzed Black Adam and Power Girl together..

And he doesnt need to blitz majority of times. His stength is enough to shrug off most people. But when facing someone like current Hulk, to argue he wnt use his speed is a pretty desperate argument.

Blight
How isn't this spite??

Bentley
That would be a question without a satisfying answer.

carver9
Hulk wins after a long fight.

cdtm
Originally posted by Blight
How isn't this spite??

This is even worse than Wolverine vs 8 millions bears.

quanchi112
What are you talking about? He blitzed Black Adam and Power Girl together..

And he doesnt need to blitz majority of times. His stength is enough to shrug off most people. But when facing someone like current Hulk, to argue he wnt use his speed is a pretty desperate argument. So he used it what two times ? What issue number so I can verify this.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blight
How isn't this spite??

Tbh, I don't think it's spite at all.

I feel Prime wins it, but he's not ending the Hulk with anything resembling ease at all.

I guess it could be spite-ish if you feel Prime unloads some intense levels of speedblitzing and becomes a "forum level" speedster (ie. something we hardly see in comics themselves, if at all).

Uriel005
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I feel Prime wins it, but he's not ending the Hulk with anything resembling ease at all.

I guess it could be spite-ish if you feel Prime unloads some intense levels of speedblitzing and becomes a "forum level" speedster (ie. something we hardly see in comics themselves, if at all). The problem with it is it's story viability versus what powersets actually allow for given feats throughout the characters history that they never actually lose but only call upon under certain circumstances.

quanchi112
The problem with it is it's story viability versus what powersets actually allow for given feats throughout the characters history that they never actually lose but only call upon under certain circumstances. You can't pick and choose what counts and what doesn't.

McNasty996
Prime wins

OneDumbG0
A holding back Superman hasn't been utterly owned with as much ease, much less an all-out Superboy, as some people are suggesting an all-out Hulk would.

I just don't get it.

DARTH POWER
So he used it what two times ? What issue number so I can verify this.

Infinite crisis just before he lets BA beat on him when we discover magic doesn't hurt him.

He also ripped off Luthor's suit with superspeed.. He was obviously using superspeed when he was fighting off the whole lantern core, and the Flashes for that matter! Theres multiple examples just from Infinite Crisis.

Ignoring SBP's speed would be like Ignoring Iron man has repulsors when he's fighting the Hulk.. Its just a ridiculous argument.

quanchi112
Infinite crisis just before he lets BA beat on him when we discover magic doesn't hurt him.

He also ripped off Luthor's suit with superspeed.. He was obviously using superspeed when he was fighting off the whole lantern core, and the Flashes for that matter! Theres multiple examples just from Infinite Crisis.

Ignoring SBP's speed would be like Ignoring Iron man has repulsors when he's fighting the Hulk.. Its just a ridiculous argument. He's flying away isn't superspeed. His fight with Black Adam wasn't superspeed. The flashes easily besting him and him reacting is superspeed but only in defense.

No, I argue how these characters fight in character. You using Prime flying away from his enemies in a mad dash to oa as proof is a Prime loss.

horrorwolf
He's flying away isn't superspeed. His fight with Black Adam wasn't superspeed. The flashes easily besting him and him reacting is superspeed but only in defense.

No, I argue how these characters fight in character. You using Prime flying away from his enemies in a mad dash to oa as proof is a Prime loss.

That only establishes two things.

He can fly away from a fight at high speeds.

He feared a beatdown.

Sundipped
Prime wins. No need to blitz off hand. Only moderate speed required. Should Hulk prove to be a problem still, then Prime morphs into insane mode and destroys Earth. The same mode which possessed him to speed to OA, pull off Monarch's armor, utterly waste AM, etc.

leonidas

I guess it could be spite-ish if you feel Prime unloads some intense levels of speedblitzing and becomes a "forum level" speedster (ie. something we hardly see in comics themselves, if at all).

pretty much my feelings exactly.... fighting in his most consistent way, prime takes it, but hulk gets in some good shots.

JakeTheBank
And let's be honest, Prime isn't anywhere close to mainsteam Superman in terms of intelligent fighting. Kal's a thinking man's brawler who uses his other powers pretty ingeniously when push comes to shove. Prime is basically a rabid dog who tries to dish out damage while spouting off such classic lines as "I'll kill you to death!" or "You're ruining me!"

If Prime fights like he typical does, he's going to try and write Hulk off like some kind of idiot, probably make fun of him, and then get a busted open nose/face for his troubles and possibly start freaking out. I like Prime, really, I do, but c'mon...the guy is vastly overrated and I really don't see him as being all that much greater than mainstream Superman when push comes to shove.

Omega Vision
Prime kills JaketheBank then Hulk crackers

DARTH POWER
He's flying away isn't superspeed.

Wat?? Of course he flew away at superspeed! He flew off at Lightspeed.

His fight with Black Adam wasn't superspeed.

He blitzed Powergirl and Black adam first With SuperSpeed.. And he didnt have to use superspeed for his one on one with BA! Black adam couldn't even hurt him!

The flashes easily besting him and him reacting is superspeed but only in defense.

Ah so he will use superspeed to defend himself on the rare occurences he's getting beaten on. Thanks for clearing that up.

No, I argue how these characters fight in character.

Yes but you make up what his character is to suit your argument.

Fact is theres plenty of instances of Prime using superspeed. But the fact also is theres only an elite few people who can even hurt Prime. Black friggin Adam cant even hurt him!

So lets not pretend theres any need for him to go round blitzing all the time.

Bentley
And let's be honest, Prime isn't anywhere close to mainsteam Superman in terms of intelligent fighting. Kal's a thinking man's brawler who uses his other powers pretty ingeniously when push comes to shove. Prime is basically a rabid dog who tries to dish out damage while spouting off such classic lines as "I'll kill you to death!" or "You're ruining me!"

If Prime fights like he typical does, he's going to try and write Hulk off like some kind of idiot, probably make fun of him, and then get a busted open nose/face for his troubles and possibly start freaking out. I like Prime, really, I do, but c'mon...the guy is vastly overrated and I really don't see him as being all that much greater than mainstream Superman when push comes to shove.

Jake, Prime is like Bloom's Shakespeare: He cannot be overrated.

Diesldude

He blitzed Powergirl and Black adam first With SuperSpeed.. And he didnt have to use superspeed for his one on one with BA! Black adam couldn't even hurt him!

Ah so he will use superspeed to defend himself on the rare occurences he's getting beaten on. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fact is theres plenty of instances of Prime using superspeed. But the fact also is theres only an elite few people who can even hurt Prime. Black friggin Adam cant even hurt him!

So lets not pretend theres any need for him to go round blitzing all the time.

He is also ignoring my scan.
Prim speed blitzed, one shotted and kidnapped both Power girl and MM.
He did it so fast that Batman had to slow down the video recording just to see what happened. To do that to both Power Girl and MM is insane especially considering that each one alone is a good match for this hulk.

quanchi112

So lets not pretend theres any need for him to go round blitzing all the time. He was flying he wasn't speed blitzing anyone which is a huge difference.

Superboy has hurt him before as has Yat, etc. He didn't blitz any of them either.

He used superspeed to try and counter super speed he doesn't use it against nonspeedy attacks.

No, I argue based on what's in character whereas you don't even understand what a blitz even is. Superboy scarred him for life. Life.

Hulk at his best wouldn't even notice Superboy let alone have a scar for life from him.

Cogito
SBP at his best wouldn't even notice Superboy let alone have a scar for life from him.

Glad we agree

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
Glad we agree Prime fought him numerous times it's not like it's one black mark. Hulk shrugged off far more powerful characters like they weren't even there unlike Prime's interactions with Superboy.

Bentley
Originally posted by Cogito
Glad we agree
Glad we agree

iceman24567
Prime slaughters HUlk

carver9
Hulk kills him.

TheHulk
Hulk Smash!

ColossusGrundy
This is almost a spite thread. I can't see any scenario where Hulk has a chance at all, much less wins.

TheHulk
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
This is almost a spite thread. I can't see any scenario where Hulk has a chance at all, much less wins. If this is spite,Hulk won't be my fav and I would not Post this thread...

JakeTheBank
Jake, Prime is like Bloom's Shakespeare: He cannot be overrated.

Unfortunately, Prime is overly romanticized on forums. Of course he has some great feats under his belt such as moving planets or tanking Monarch's final blast, but he's also been showed to be harmed by far, far, less and more often. Really, Prime is a Trans-Leveler, one who doesn't hold back at all. And even so, people like Superboy, Martian Manhunter, and, of course, Superman can physically damage him. And I for one refuse to write off those "low feats" as PIS, because, frankly, there's nothing low about them.

People are acting like Prime's going to laugh off Hulk's punches, which is, in of itself laughable. Savage Hulk's blows would hurt Prime, though not grievously, imo. Current Hulk's blows would hurt him something else.

Conversely, Current Hulk isn't going to one, two, or even three shot Prime. That's insane.

TheHulk
Unfortunately, Prime is overly romanticized on forums. Of course he has some great feats under his belt such as moving planets or tanking Monarch's final blast, but he's also been showed to be harmed by far, far, less and more often. Really, Prime is a Trans-Leveler, one who doesn't hold back at all. And even so, people like Superboy, Martian Manhunter, and, of course, Superman can physically damage him. And I for one refuse to write off those "low feats" as PIS, because, frankly, there's nothing low about them.

People are acting like Prime's going to laugh off Hulk's punches, which is, in of itself laughable. Savage Hulk's blows would hurt Prime, though not grievously, imo. Current Hulk's blows would hurt him something else.

Conversely, Current Hulk isn't going to one, two, or even three shot Prime. That's insane. i slightly agree..

Uriel005

Conversely, Current Hulk isn't going to one, two, or even three shot Prime. That's insane. For me it's not so much Prime I try and put on a pedestal but rather the opponents he's fought and defeated. I actually quite despise the character personally. It's more my high opinions of the likes of Mordru, Monarch, Mxy, the Lantern Legion, Superman of Earth 1 and 2, and the Guardians that really makes me have to place him so highly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk in a straight up fight.

quanchi112
For me it's not so much Prime I try and put on a pedestal but rather the opponents he's fought and defeated. I actually quite despise the character personally. It's more my high opinions of the likes of Mordru, Monarch, Mxy, the Lantern Legion, Superman of Earth 1 and 2, and the Guardians that really makes me have to place him so highly. Context.

TheHulk
So we agree Hulk can win!!!

OneDumbG0
It's more my high opinions of the likes of Mordru, Monarch, Mxy, the Lantern Legion, Superman of Earth 1 and 2, and the Guardians that really makes me have to place him so highly. He no-sold one blast, Prime was amped against Monarch, Prime was amped against Mxy, GLs were mostly rookies, that's fair, he lost against the Guardians.

Sundipped
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He no-sold one blast, Prime was amped against Monarch, Prime was amped against Mxy, GLs were mostly rookies, that's fair, he lost against the Guardians.

Prime didn't lose. That Guardian who sacrificed himself because Prime was about to shit on them lost. He's gone but Prime was just bfr'ed.

OneDumbG0
^ Despite how jobber they are, I seriously doubt that they would have been beaten by Prime; Prime wasn't Skyfather level. He couldn't even wrestle out of one Guardian's grasp. And he lost.

quanchi112
Prime didn't lose. That Guardian who sacrificed himself because Prime was about to shit on them lost. He's gone but Prime was just bfr'ed. That's a loss though. Prime couldn't break free from one Guardian and he was terrified.

Sundipped
^ Despite how jobber they are, I seriously doubt that they would have been beaten by Prime; Prime wasn't Skyfather level. He couldn't even wrestle out of one Guardian's grasp. And he lost.

They knew what time it was. That's why he self destructed. The Guardian used a distraction as a means to be able to hold Prime. Nothing is shown to suggest that a Guardian can downright outmuscle him in any way shape or form barring some type of distraction.

h1a8
SBP at his best wins against WBH at his best. This is not even a good fight.

OneDumbG0
They knew what time it was. That's why he self destructed. The Guardian used a distraction as a means to be able to hold Prime. Nothing is shown to suggest that a Guardian can downright outmuscle him in any way shape or form barring some type of distraction. ... so Prime isn't trying to escape from his grasp? He's too buys staring at the bright lights? Not sure I buy that.

Sundipped
That's a loss though. Prime couldn't break free from one Guardian and he was terrified.

He didn't know what was happening. He was sort of like a "deer caught in the headlights" so to speak.

If you had to pick a loser would you choose someone who was:

A. Bfr'ed
or
B. Completely erased from existence?

JakeTheBank
Prime freaked out when the Guardian started glowing. If he could have escaped, he would have.

The sad thing is that Prime doesn't need excuses to be a legitimate threat to any herald or slightly above, but everything that doesn't support him as some "Pre-Crisis Kryptonian with insane feats" is immediately disregarded.

Sundipped
... so Prime isn't trying to escape from his grasp? He's too buys staring at the bright lights? Not sure I buy that.

Exactly. yes

Omega Vision
Just wondering, but what exactly do you think kept Prime from breaking away, Jake?

Gecko4lif
I think prime just had a deer in headlights reaction

Uriel005
Prime freaked out when the Guardian started glowing. If he could have escaped, he would have.

The sad thing is that Prime doesn't need excuses to be a legitimate threat to any herald or slightly above, but everything that doesn't support him as some "Pre-Crisis Kryptonian with insane feats" is immediately disregarded. At the time Guardians didn't have their jobber aura on full blast and look at the amp it gave prime... Giving anyone a boost to be able to toe to toe with Monarch is no joke. At the time of that fight I'd put all the guardians safely at trans level with a few exceptions like Ganthet being somewhere in the low-mid skyfather range.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Just wondering, but what exactly do you think kept Prime from breaking away, Jake?

Personally, I feel the energy warping/"disintegration" effect of the Guardians' sacrificial detonation kept Prime in check. Probably one of the few redeeming moments of the Guardians outside of Ganthet.

Omega Vision
Personally, I feel the energy warping/"disintegration" effect of the Guardians' sacrificial detonation kept Prime in check. Probably one of the few redeeming moments of the Guardians outside of Ganthet.
Makes sense. Though I wouldn't be all too surprised if Prime really did go Deer in the Headlights...he is pretty dumb.

quanchi112
He didn't know what was happening. He was sort of like a "deer caught in the headlights" so to speak.

If you had to pick a loser would you choose someone who was:

A. Bfr'ed
or
B. Completely erased from existence? The guardian fully intended to sacrifice himself so he accomplished his goal. One guardian was all it took to best him.

Sundipped
^I don't view that in the same light as bfring someone under your own power and still surviving. Only that's a certified win imo. If you lose your life in the process but the other party is still alive then to me that means you lost.

DARTH POWER
Unfortunately, Prime is overly romanticized on forums. Of course he has some great feats under his belt such as moving planets or tanking Monarch's final blast, but he's also been showed to be harmed by far, far, less and more often. Really, Prime is a Trans-Leveler, one who doesn't hold back at all. And even so, people like Superboy, Martian Manhunter, and, of course, Superman can physically damage him.

Thing is the guy was just ripping through an army of GL's.. Thats just tooo big a feat which is why people do chalk him getting hurt by Superboy as PIS. I mean can Superboy (Kon) even defeat 1 GL?? Probably an average one with difficulty.

Id chalk it down to SBP just being more vulnerable to attacks by Kryptonians. Im not sure if MM has actually physically harmed SBP. He used his Intangibility and shapeshifting to throw him around, but actually hurt/damage him?? I dnt remember that.

But surely you can see why people might think that.. He laughed off Black Adam's blows! And the best a whole army of GL's could do was slow him down, while he murdered them one by one!

Sundipped
^Good points

Thing is the guy was just ripping through an army of GL's.. Thats just tooo big a feat which is why people do chalk him getting hurt by Superboy as PIS. I mean can Superboy (Kon) even defeat 1 GL?? Probably an average one with difficulty.

And the best a whole army of GL's could do was slow him down, while he murdered them one by one!

Those GLs were using excessive force as well. Prime was no-selling multiple blasts at once not to mention Guy and Hal were there and Prime had them petrified.

Bentley
People also want to see Kon-El as some sort of Iron Man level brick. Actually, by the end he has pretty decent herald level feats.

cdtm
People also want to see Kon-El as some sort of Iron Man level brick. Actually, by the end he has pretty decent herald level feats.

Yeah, Conner should be solidly > Iron Man.

carver9
Conner and Ironman are pretty much Herald level and Ironman going by fts could possibly be Mid to bottom of the notch High Herald.

leonidas

Id chalk it down to SBP just being more vulnerable to attacks by Kryptonians. Im not sure if MM has actually physically harmed SBP. He used his Intangibility and shapeshifting to throw him around, but actually hurt/damage him?? I dnt remember that.

But surely you can see why people might think that.. He laughed off Black Adam's blows! And the best a whole army of GL's could do was slow him down, while he murdered them one by one!

it's all these inconsistencies that make him so tough on the forum. clearly imo, he was intended to be considerably above heralds. did he always meet that standard? no. how high he is above herald depends strictly upon how much faith you put in what he was intended to be, and what you are willing to consider PIS, or, conversely, high showings from others. there is also the fact that MOST high heralds have trans level feats under their belts so it's not hard to see why a high herald could hurt prime or give him a bit of a fight. the connor thing is a bit harder to explain in lieu of his feats....

Sundipped
Originally posted by leonidas
it's all these inconsistencies that make him so tough on the forum. clearly imo, he was intended to be considerably above heralds. did he always meet that standard? no. how high he is above herald depends strictly upon how much faith you put in what he was intended to be, and what you are willing to consider PIS, or, conversely, high showings from others. there is also the fact that MOST high heralds have trans level feats under their belts so it's not hard to see why a high herald could hurt prime or give him a bit of a fight. the connor thing is a bit harder to explain in lieu of his feats....

Aside from the fact he's shown difficulty with the Flashes, and Connor (whom I would label his "arch"wink, overall I'd say he meets the standard more often than not. Anything involving Connor (including TT's) is subect to a minor form of PIS/submission due to him being the villian/arch rival of Connor. The Flash family has sick feats so the degree of PIS i would attribute to their encounters with Prime would be minimal.

DARTH POWER
^ Gettin beaten by several flashes is hardly a low feat. nd dnt forget they blitzed him while he was busy with all the titans.

After that fight he had "Flash Phobia" so any trouble he had from then on can be explained by that.

Its just his fights with Conner really that dnt make sense. So yeah I agree its a plot thing for the 2 Superboys to go at it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.