Palpatine vs. Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GordonSkywalker
How many people out here believe Palpatine is Darth Sidious? Based on what evidence we have to go on(Episodes I & II), do you think they are the same person, or do you think Sidious will be whacked by Palpy in the next installment for control of the Dark Side of the Force? Please state your views and opinions on this grave matter.......... sick

Captain REX
I KNOW he's Darth Sidious. Just look at his nose!

queeq
*sigh* I am wondering if I should close this. This has been discussed to death. Just listen to the director's commentary track on the TPM DVD and you know Sidious=Palpatine.

GordonSkywalker
Forgive me for bringing the matter up again,sheesh!

Julie
It's ok.....it's all good

GordonSkywalker
Wouldn't it be strange if it turns out they're not the same? That would be really weird after all this build-up from TPM on.

Julie
yes that would be like building a sand castle near the edge of water right before high tide

GordonSkywalker
Hah! And what a tide it would be to those who are unsuspecting such a development. Personally,however, it still looks like they are the same person. Mr Lucas already has a lot of stuff and loose ends to tie up in III, so maybe it's a good thing we don't have to worry about such a scene?

Member.
lol, gordon. for someone as smart as you (at least i think ur smartstick out tongue), i can't believe that u didn't know.

GordonSkywalker
Know what? Oh that! Well of course I knew! I was hoping for even more suspense though.

Captain REX
The wait is boring you Gordon? Me too, I want some photographic evidence.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, all we ever see of one is his face nose down, and the other has not put a hood over his head yet, so we can see for sure!

Mujaffa
palpatine looks sp sith..tjhats why..same voice, same nose

Captain REX
Actually there is a pic where you can see one of Sidious' eyes, but he's got contacts in to change his eyecolor I think...

GordonSkywalker
So is 'Palpatine' his real name or is it really Sidious?

Member.
in thte trilogy palpy looks all weird.

GordonSkywalker
So is Palpatine really from Naboo, like Padme is? It seems he would have to be to legally represent them in The Phantom Menace. So which planet do you think it was at the end of Attack of the Clones, when Dooku met up with Sidious? Was it Coruscant or somewhere else?

Ushgarak
It was Coruscant.

GordonSkywalker
Ahhhh!

finti
but he did represent Naboo as a senator so I guess there is a big chance he is from Naboo

GordonSkywalker
That's what I was thinking.

Member.
he might be from naboo...that damned traitor...

justinday15
I think Palpatine and Sidious are the same person.

I dont mean to get off the subject, but how do you get
the pictures by your name GordonSkywalker. Please tell sad

justinday15
smile

Member.
palpy and sidious IS the same personbig grin

GordonSkywalker
Go to 'User Control Panel', hit 'edit options' and scroll down the page to 'change avatar', there you will get a whole selection of avatars to choose from. Hope this helps.

justinday15
Thanks Gordon!!! smile

GordonSkywalker
Ah,good, you got one! Glad to be of help there,man.

Ushgarak
Please, guys, don't fill up the discussion threads with technical queries.

justinday15
I was just asking him a question, don't flip out. wacko

GordonSkywalker
And I was answering his question,so don't flip out, Ush. Now back to the matter at hand: Palpatine is Sidious. Good. Got it. What else is there to say?

Captain REX
Ush doesn't flip out, he maintains control.

Not much to say about Palpy being Sidious. How do you think he'll reveal himself to be a Sith?

btw, I almost mistook Justinday15 to be Peluffo with the sig and avatar. big grin

Ushgarak
That gentle reminder was most certainly not 'flipping out'. It is important that the right things go in the right places and it is one of my jobs as mod to ensure that; thanks Rex.

GordonSkywalker
Justinday15 asked me personally to help him in getting his own avatar- as he is new he did not know how to obtain one. Was I supposed to ignore his plea and say'tough luck-go to the information page'? Of course not! I aided him as I was aided myself. Any way now this is straightened out, we can resume: I think Palpatine will wait until Anakin is with him before revealing himself as a sith.

Ushgarak
Actually, yes, it would have been preferable if his technical query were not answered here, else people will be encouraged to do the same in future which is something we absolutely do not want. We have a section that is clearly labelled for questions about the boards. Long experience has shown the importance of the principle of making sure everything is kept in its place. I hope this is clear to everyone.

GordonSkywalker
As you say. But I am glad he came to me for assistance and glad I helped him out.

GordonSkywalker
Somehow I don't see this topic reaching 100 posts. Seeing as queeq is listed as the moderator of this area of the forum, I am asking this topic be ended prematurely. smile

Ushgarak
queeq isn't around much right now. No point closing it really; best just to let it fade out.

cookies2006
Are we not allowed to help others with there personal Q's. If we arent i did not really know. I didnt really read the instructions before joining this site. Im usually good at this kind of stuffwithout instructions. O well we are not peerfect ya know. confused

GordonSkywalker
Don't worry about it man. Ush is an understanding bloke who listens to the people here. But yes let this topic fade away..........as there is nothing more to say.........

cookies2006
Does anybody really know?

GordonSkywalker
Know what?

cookies2006
I cant remember what i was going to say.

GordonSkywalker
No clue.

cookies2006
Nope, no clue. o well back to the topic.

GordonSkywalker
Palpatine is Sidious: agree or disagree?

cookies2006
Agree

GordonSkywalker
By the way, cool avatar there man.

justinday15
Agree

GordonSkywalker
Ah good both of you are here and accounted for! So you both agree with the not-so startling revelation of Palpy being Sidious? Yes I think it's an obvious question but I had to ask!

cookies2006
yeah i agree i think.

Tevesh
i most certainly agree, but i did hear a rumor that sidious was a clone of palpatine or the other way around, and that the confrontation would occur in ep3

GordonSkywalker
A clone? I ain't heard that one before.

Tevesh
it was a while back, and the chances of it being true are slim to none, but it would be a good plot twister lucas could throw at us

Evil Windu
I heard the same rumor too.. Ive also heard that Anakin is a clone etc... But yeah Palpatine is Darth Sidious..

Darth Ninja
GL stated Darth Sidious IS Emperor Palpatine in the Episode I commentary when Darth Sidious first appeared.

GordonSkywalker
That settles it then. I concur with you all.

yerssot
sure?

cookies2006
We all know theyre the same person. Dont we?

GordonSkywalker
I can only speak for myself. Yes I say they are the same man.

rogue_jedi
palpantine IS darth sidious. his real name is palpantine, much like vaders real name is skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.