Thor vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
In a slugfest. Equalized to Thor's speed. No other abilities. Just two bricks beating the hell out of each other. Who wins???

carver9
Gladiator

JakeTheBank
Thor.

WhiteWitchKing
Gladiator.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor.

cdtm
Gladiator.

Damborgson
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xur9eN6ZZYo/TWIFM5ok98I/AAAAAAAAA3M/AHL7bkvmou8/s320/one+word+only.jpg

cdtm
Gladiator wins?

Damborgson
Originally posted by cdtm
Gladiator wins? read the sign. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/sneer.gif

-Pr-
Thor.

the Darkone
Thor

Blue_Hefner
Thor

Diesldude
Thor murders this poor excuse of a clone.

nwg202
who has better regen feats? Close but i would give it to Glads just cause he relies more on his fists than Thor does. Thor usually relies on the Hammer more to ko people

Nihilist
Thor wins.

Glads doesnt have the durability for a punch up.

iceman24567
Thor without a doubt

gogogadgetgo
Thor

leonidas
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Thor

Bentley
With no hammer I give it to Glads actually.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Bentley
With no hammer I give it to Glads actually.

But equalized speed puts Thor back in the game..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Split most of the time. If you had to a pick winner, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be Thor though. If nothing else, he has better damage soak.

MF DELPH
Gladiator has better hair.

Gladiator Smash!

Uriel005
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Gladiator has better hair.

Gladiator Smash! That Mowhawk just reminds me of a punk rocker and I can't take someone colored purple very seriously. This includes Kang and Galactus. (Though Galactus back in the day had the feats to let him pick any damn wardrobe he pleased and still be a beast... not so much nowadays struggling with an Odinforce headbutt)

-Pr-
Oh, this is sans hammer? mmm

Gladiator makes him work for it, but Thor still imo.

TheHulk
Thor wins after a long nice fight...

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Split most of the time. If you had to a pick winner, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be Thor though. If nothing else, he has better damage soak.

Going by on panel statements of other characters that fought the two, Gladiator damage soak is better.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9
Going by on panel statements of other characters that fought the two, Gladiator damage soak is better.

What new bullshit is this? Wait, you aren't referring to Iron Man's recent comment are you?

dmills
Hmmm this is a toughy. If Glads were allowed his speed then I'd give him a healthy majority. But as it stands I can't see him beating Thor in a prolonged slugfest.

golem370
There about equal in strength and durability but I think Thor has more heart and would win after awhile specially if he goes besereker on Gladiator

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor becomes blood lusted, it'll no longer be a fair fight.

carver9
What new bullshit is this? Wait, you aren't referring to Iron Man's recent comment are you?

Not just Ironman, other character as well has said the same thing. Gladiator damage soak is insane.

As for this thread, Gladiator wins this.

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

carver9
If Thor becomes blood lusted, it'll no longer be a fair fight.

Same can be said about Gladiator. You know, the same guy who took down a super powered race, consisting of 100's of super humans.

cdtm
Using venerated ABC logic, Thor is = Savage Hulk in a fist fight, and Hulks punches rarely bothered Surfer much. Yet, when Gladiator and Surfer had a punchout, they seemed equal.

So, Gladiator = Surfer, Hulk = Thor, Hulk < Surfer, therefore Gladiator > Thor.

Works for me. big grin

the Darkone
Thor going blood lusted is Warrior Madness, and that will not be good for Gladiator. Thor strength increase X 10 wink !

the Darkone
Using venerated ABC logic, Thor is = Savage Hulk in a fist fight, and Hulks punches rarely bothered Surfer much. Yet, when Gladiator and Surfer had a punchout, they seemed equal.

Works for me. big grin

Uh No no expression ! They are about even, Blood lusted Thor would be too much for Gladiator! wink

carver9
Blood lusted Gladiator would be too much for Thor.

cdtm
Can Thor bust planets without his hammer?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not just Ironman, other character as well has said the same thing. Gladiator damage soak is insane.

As for this thread, Gladiator wins this.

Iron Man never suggested that he has better damage soak than Thor. I doubt any character you'll mention has done the same. GTFO with this fallacious reasoning. Thor shits on it.

Why does Gladiator win exactly? I want legitimate reasons backed by relevant showings. I've just grown tired of your constant bullshit and can no longer tolerate it for extended periods.

Hopefully one day you'll feel confident enough in Gladiator to do the battle zone with me and I can stomp out whatever fleeting hope you have left.

Same can be said about Gladiator. You know, the same guy who took down a super powered race, consisting of 100's of super humans.

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus

Works for me. big grin

So many things wrong with this.

cdtm

Why does Gladiator win exactly?

Because he hits harder. Thor never broke a planet with his fists.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because he hits harder. Thor never broke a planet with his fists.

You can't say that with any certainty. Thor may have never busted a dead planetoid with his fists but we do know for certain he rivals Gladiator strength wise.

And if you want to play the feat game, Thor has the superior strength feats. Heck, he'd win based purely on his durability showings.

quanchi112
No he doesn't. Thor may have never busted a dead planetoid with his fists but we know for certain he rivals Gladiator strength wise.

And if you want to play the feat game, Thor has the superior strength feats. Heck, he'd win based purely on his durability showings. You down Gladiator is more durable and does have more power in his fists than Thor is capable of. It isn't that huge of a gap but a gap nonetheless. I will give Thor the edge in damage soak and mental toughness.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
You down Gladiator is more durable and does have more power in his fists than Thor is capable of. It isn't that huge of a gap but a gap nonetheless. I will give Thor the edge in damage soak and mental toughness.

More durable in what sense? I use to think Gladiator was more invulnerable but Thor nullifies any advantage with his damage soak and stamina. I disagree. I never understood why people gave Gladiator the edge over Thor in strength, Masterson alone was shown to rival him in that regard.

carver9
Iron Man never suggested that he has better damage soak than Thor. I doubt any character you'll mention has done the same. GTFO with this fallacious reasoning. Thor shits on it.

Why does Gladiator win exactly? I want legitimate reasons backed by relevant showings. I've just grown tired of your constant bullshit and can no longer tolerate it for extended periods.

Hopefully one day you'll feel confident enough in Gladiator to do the battle zone with me and I can stomp out whatever fleeting hope you have left.

laughing out loud

Never said that Ironman said anything about Thor vs Gladiator soak. What I am telling you is people tend to compliment Gladiator damage soak and depicts him as an unstoppable being.

In regards to your battle zone comment...my time with KMC has run short so if you want to debate, do it now.

the Darkone
You down Gladiator is more durable and does have more power in his fists than Thor is capable of. It isn't that huge of a gap but a gap nonetheless. I will give Thor the edge in damage soak and mental toughness.

There is a difference in the two Gladiator doesn't hold back Thor does,if Thor doesn't hold back we are talking a whole new ball game. Damage soak and mental fortitude I agree Thor is better, you have to be with a Father like Odin and dealing with his baggage wink.

But even Gladiator from the future even stated that Thor was too powerful for him, and that was a more experience seasoned Gladiator!

carver9
You can't say that with any certainty. Thor may have never busted a dead planetoid with his fists but we do know for certain he rivals Gladiator strength wise.

And if you want to play the feat game, Thor has the superior strength feats. Heck, he'd win based purely on his durability showings.

Gladiator punching power is superior...don't know why you would think otherwise.

quanchi112
More durable in what sense? I use to think Gladiator was more invulnerable but Thor nullifies any advantage with his damage soak and stamina. I disagree. I never understood why people gave Gladiator the edge over Thor in strength, Masterson alone was shown to rival him in that regard. Masterson beat him down with his hammer. The real Thor beat down a Gladiator pulled from the future with his hammer. Thor relies on his hammer far too often.

Not overall strength but punching power. His damage soak isn't great enough to nullify the durability advantage.

carver9
Originally posted by the Darkone
There is a difference in the two Gladiator doesn't hold back Thor does,if Thor doesn't hold back we are talking a whole new ball game. Damage soak and mental fortitude I agree Thor is better, you have to be with a Father like Odin and dealing with his baggage wink.

But even Gladiator from the future even stated that Thor was too powerful for him, and that was a more experience seasoned Gladiator!

Not the same Gladiator and per the mods, he isn't usable since we really don't know what type of changes this Gladiator went through during this time line.

quanchi112

But even Gladiator from the future even stated that Thor was too powerful for him, and that was a more experience seasoned Gladiator! Thor didn't hold back but also used his hammer against Gladiator from the future. He doesn't have his hammer here. Thor relies on his hammer all the time and it makes him A LOT more formidable than without it.

Thor had the hammer. I agree Thor with the hammer wins but this thread is clearly without it. Thanks for playing.

carver9
Masterson beat him down with his hammer. The real Thor beat down a Gladiator pulled from the future with his hammer. Thor relies on his hammer far too often.

Not overall strength but punching power. His damage soak isn't great enough to nullify the durability advantage.

Masterson never beat him down with his hammer. Masterson got punched once by Glads and was unable to fight. He then snuck attack him with living lightning which pretty much ended the fight then and he pounded on a near unconscious body.

vansonbee
Thor going blood lusted is Warrior Madness, and that will not be good for Gladiator. Thor strength increase X 10 wink ! Going blood lust, wouldn't he lose his tactical sense and go straight forward for the kill?

Just saying Gladiator can commute around it.

quanchi112
Masterson never beat him down with his hammer. Masterson got punched once by Glads and was unable to fight. He then snuck attack him with living lightning which pretty much ended the fight then and he pounded on a near unconscious body. The fight ended because he beat him almost to death with his hammer. That's a fact.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Masterson beat him down with his hammer. The real Thor beat down a Gladiator pulled from the future with his hammer. Thor relies on his hammer far too often.

And? I told you that Masterson was shown to be a direct rival and peer to Gladiator strength wise. The end result doesn't take away from that.

Thor relies on Mjolnir. That doesn't take away from his own personal abilities and isn't an argument for Gladiator winning. Comics have gone out of their way to deal with this.

Gladiator isn't physically stronger than Thor but can hit harder? Where does correlation stop? If Gladiator is still more invulnerable than Thor, there's no way the advantage is so great that Thor's damage soak doesn't overcome it.

Blight
Yeah I think sans hammer, Thor is at a disadvantage.

carver9
The fight ended because he beat him almost to death with his hammer. That's a fact.

Duuuuuhhh, he back stabbed Gladiator. Before this back stab, Masterson was getting worked.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Never said that Ironman said anything about Thor vs Gladiator soak. What I am telling you is people tend to compliment Gladiator damage soak and depicts him as an unstoppable being.

In regards to your battle zone comment...my time with KMC has run short so if you want to debate, do it now.
You can understand why this statement had me confused:
Sheesh, if you really don't want to do the battlezone, you don't have to. Leaving the board is a bit excessive.

carver9
You can understand why this statement had me confused:

Sheesh, if you really don't want to do the battlezone, you don't have to. Leaving the board is a bit excessive.

Lol...I'm not leaving the board to avoid you Rage.

I can understand why but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I am basing it off of fts.

quanchi112
And? I told you that Masterson was shown to be a direct rival and peer to Gladiator strength wise. The end result doesn't take away from that.

Thor relies on Mjolnir. That doesn't take away from his own personal abilities and isn't an argument for Gladiator winning. Comics have gone out of their way to deal with this.

Gladiator isn't physically stronger than Thor but can hit harder? Where does correlation stop? If Gladiator is still more invulnerable than Thor, there's no way the advantage is so great that Thor's damage soak doesn't overcome it. Masterson used his hammer and the real Thor lacks Gladiator's punching power so what's your point ?

The fights against Gladiator always show his hammer being the deciding factor. Without his hammer he was ko'd though it did have something to do with the reverting bakc to human form.

Mike Tyson isn't physically stronger than Ronnie Coleman but can hit harder. LOL. It's not that crazy of a concept. Bullets have pierced his skin before. Originally posted by carver9
Duuuuuhhh, he back stabbed Gladiator. Before this back stab, Masterson was getting worked. That has nothing to do with how the fight ended.

the Darkone
I feel that Gladiator hits harder than Thor, when Thor not holding back, when he is they are about even imo.

carver9
Masterson used his hammer and the real Thor lacks Gladiator's punching power so what's your point ?

The fights against Gladiator always show his hammer being the deciding factor. Without his hammer he was ko'd though it did have something to do with the reverting bakc to human form.

Mike Tyson isn't physically stronger than Ronnie Coleman but can hit harder. LOL. It's not that crazy of a concept. Bullets have pierced his skin before. That has nothing to do with how the fight ended.

Quan...you are reaching. Look at the scan.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/367/50212917oa1.jpg/

Gladiator could have put him in the mount and pounded him into submission if he wanted to. This was a non-fight and Masterson won due to plot.

quanchi112

Gladiator could have put him in the mount and pounded him into submission if he wanted to. This was a non-fight and Masterson won due to plot. This isn't about how he won I simply made a statement about what he did at the end of the fight. Your posts are irrelevant to the facts I stated. You're also such a huge Thor fan.

the Darkone

Gladiator could have put him in the mount and pounded him into submission if he wanted to. This was a non-fight and Masterson won due to plot.

A win is a win, when you fighting there are no rules. Protect yourself at all times, it was Gladiator arrogance that caused him to lose!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Masterson used his hammer and the real Thor lacks Gladiator's punching power so what's your point ?

Mike Tyson isn't physically stronger than Ronnie Coleman but can hit harder. LOL. It's not that crazy of a concept. Bullets have pierced his skin before.

Masterson was shown as a rival and peer in strength, that's all that matters. No he doesn't.

The hammer was the deciding factor in the fact that Thor beats him down with it. Remove it, and certain comics have gone out of their way to show that the outcome would be no different if Thor was pushed. It had everything to do with his human form.

After the claims you've made, that won't fly, you need hard evidence. In comics, elite strong men who rival each other in strength, practically always rival each other in punching power by the way. Unless something else is in play. Unfortunately, Thor's almost certainly bullet proof in modern continuity, and if Wolverine is any indication, Thor at least rivals him in the invulnerability department. Comes out looking better actually.

quanchi112
Masterson was shown as a rival and peer in strength, that's all that matters. No he doesn't.

The hammer was the deciding factor in the fact that Thor beats him down with it. Remove it, and certain comics have gone out of their way to show that the outcome would be no different if Thor was pushed. It had everything to do with his human form.

After the claims you've made, that won't fly, you need hard evidence. In comics, elite strong men who rival each other in strength, practically rival each other in punching power by the way. Unless something else is in play. Unfortunately, Thor's almost certainly bullet proof in modern continuity, and if Wolverine is any indication, Thor at least rivals him in the invulnerability department. Comes out looking better actually. A rival yes but then again so is the real Thor. Gladiator is still superior in terms of punching power.

Using his hammer is entirely different than using his fists. He's even admitted past this fight his reliance on his own hammer. It's a crutch and always will be and threads without it will have Thor at a disadvantage.

Gladiator has punched a planet into smithereens has Thor ? yeah, punching power also shows Gladiator ko him. When Thor goes up against the Hulk minus his hammer he starts getting worked.. His face is broken, scared, and looks dumb. Gladiator wins this. Let it go, Rage.

D-Block
Thor

the Darkone
Thor wins regardless and truth be told, potential Thor hit's harder than Gladiator!

carver9
A win is a win, when you fighting there are no rules. Protect yourself at all times, it was Gladiator arrogance that caused him to lose!

I agree, a win is a win but if Gladiator would have pressed his attack, Masterson would have died.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A rival yes but then again so is the real Thor. Gladiator is still superior in terms of punching power.

Using his hammer is entirely different than using his fists. He's even admitted past this fight his reliance on his own hammer. It's a crutch and always will be and threads without it will have Thor at a disadvantage.

Gladiator has punched a planet into smithereens has Thor ? yeah, punching power also shows Gladiator ko him. When Thor goes up against the Hulk minus his hammer he starts getting worked.. His face is broken, scared, and looks dumb. Gladiator wins this. Let it go, Rage.

You still haven't given me any reason except because.

Depends in what way he uses them. Like Thor said, he doesn't have one hammer, but three when as he put away Mjolnir and knocked the fire demon out with an explosive punch. For the most part, Mjolnir is treated as a substitute for Thor's fists, it makes Mjolnir look like a shitty melee weapon in comparison but it is what it is. Now, I'm confused. You're trying to prove Thor is at a disadvantage without Mjolnir, why would you list a scene that goes out of it's way to prove that Thor is just as formidable without it? He even went so far as to state that the hammer as powerful as it was is just a tool.

No he hasn't but then again neither have a lot of people. Playing the feat game is dangerous, Thor would win this on durability feats and has superior strength feats. If you're referring to the vol. 2 fight, you already know the context. On top of that, Gladiator (Intented to kill) took advantage of a Thor that was preoccupied and was holding back. I'm really not sure why you think going toe to toe with an enraged Bannerless Hulk for an entire issue is somehow a poor showing or somehow reflects negatively on Thor. As a matter of fact, Thor only started to loss when he got distracted. Gladiator wishes he could do that well.

the Darkone

Depends in what way he uses them. Like Thor said, he doesn't have one hammer, but three when as he put away Mjolnir and knocked the fire demon out with an explosive punch. For the most part, Mjolnir is treated as a substitute for Thor's fists, it makes Mjolnir look like a shitty melee weapon in comparison but it is what it is. Now, I'm confused. You're trying to prove Thor is at a disadvantage without Mjolnir, why would you list a scene that goes out of it's way to prove that Thor is just as formidable without it? He even went so far as to state that the hammer as powerful as it was is just a tool.

No he hasn't but then again neither have a lot of people. Playing the feat game is dangerous, Thor would win this on durability feats and has superior strength feats. If you're referring to the vol. 2 fight, you already know the context. On top of that, Gladiator (Intented to kill) took advantage of a Thor that was preoccupied and was holding back. I'm really not sure why you think going toe to toe with an enraged Bannerless Hulk for an entire issue is somehow a poor showing or somehow reflects negatively on Thor. As a matter of fact, Thor only started to loss when he got distracted. Gladiator wishes he could do that well.

Checkmate!

A non-holding back Thor has>>>punching power than Gladiator who is not holding back!

quanchi112

No he hasn't but then again neither have a lot of people. Playing the feat game is dangerous, Thor would win this on durability feats and has superior strength feats. If you're referring to the vol. 2 fight, you already know the context. On top of that, Gladiator (Intented to kill) took advantage of a Thor that was preoccupied and was holding back. I'm really not sure why you think going toe to toe with an enraged Bannerless Hulk for an entire issue is somehow a poor showing or somehow reflects negatively on Thor. As a matter of fact, Thor only started to loss when he got distracted. Gladiator wishes he could do that well. Thor didn't use his fists he used his powers in the Durok scene which doesn't pertain to a fist fight thread. Come on, Rage.

Gladiator wins with the feats game. Destroying a planet with his fists alone kinda sells it. You also agree his durability is greater so why post feats when you yourself don't believe Thor's durability is as good.

Gladiator looked far better against Hulk with his fists initially than Thor did. Gladiator also was ko'd by Thor's hammer not his fists. It's clear Thor doesn't have his hammer in this fight. You agree Gladiator is more durable so just concede already.

DARTH POWER
With equal speed but no Mjolnir I say this is a Split.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor didn't use his fists he used his powers in the Durok scene which doesn't pertain to a fist fight thread. Come on, Rage.

Gladiator wins with the feats game. Destroying a planet with his fists alone kinda sells it. You also agree his durability is greater so why post feats when you yourself don't believe Thor's durability is as good.

Gladiator looked far better against Hulk with his fists initially than Thor did. Gladiator also was ko'd by Thor's hammer not his fists. It's clear Thor doesn't have his hammer in this fight. You agree Gladiator is more durable so just concede already.

He didn't just kill Durok, he managed to grab and -temporarily- overpower him. Thor's always been able to kick up a notch in a way I doubt Gladiator can match. Anyways, I'm still really confused why you would bring that scene up looking at your stance, just counterproductive imho.

That's a lie. You think Gladiator has better strength feats than Thor? Haha, where were you during the battle zone? The Gladiator side could have used more Thor lowballing to counteract the lack of feats. He might have, but arguing Thor isn't capable of performing at that level purely with his fists with any amount of certainty is false based on what we've seen. I said Gladiator might have the edge in pure invulnerability, but it's good to know you won't go down this road. Really telling about how Kallark compares to the Odinson.

quanchi112
He didn't just kill Durok, he managed to grab and -temporarily- overpower him. Thor's always been able to kick up a notch in a way I doubt Gladiator can match. Anyways, I'm still really confused why you would bring that scene up looking at your stance, just counterproductive imho.

That's a lie. You think Gladiator has better strength feats than Thor? Haha, where were you during the battle zone? The Gladiator side could have used more Thor lowballing to counteract the lack of feats. He might have, but arguing Thor isn't capable of performing at that level purely with his fists with any amount of certainty is false based on what we've seen. I said Gladiator might have the edge in pure invulnerability, but it's good to know you won't go down this road. Really telling about how Kallark compares to the Odinson. His powers defeated him. It was either a godblast or something similar it wasn't a full nelson.

I think he has better punching feats aka blowing up the planet. What has Thor done with his fists greater than this feat ? Why not post something or at least tell me before running around talking about turning this into another battlezone.

You admitted he's more durable. I accepted.

Rage.Of.Olympus
His powers defeated him. It was either a godblast or something similar it wasn't a full nelson.

I think he has better punching feats aka blowing up the planet. What has Thor done with his fists greater than this feat ? Why not post something or at least tell me before running around talking about turning this into another battlezone.

You admitted he's more durable. I accepted.

Update your shtick Quan, I'm starting to predict your responses. Thor killed Durok using power far beyond Gladiator's capabilities but before that, he cut loose and was able to hold Durok in place. Something Gladiator wishes he was capable of.

Punching only? I guess you also want to limit this to space cheese etc. Thor/Hercules struck each other across dimensions, closing the dimensional portal with the power to wreck worlds. No need to get nervous Quan, I wasn't going to challenge you to a battle zone, just take deep breaths and the shakes will eventually go away.

I can't say I blame you not wanting to get into it, Thor shits on Gladiator in durability feats, and strength, power, versatility etc. You better pray he never loses Mjolnir for any noticeable amount of time or he'll shit on him in punching showings as well.

quanchi112
Update your shtick Quan, I'm starting to predict your responses. Thor killed Durok using power far beyond Gladiator's capabilities but before that, he cut loose and was able to hold Durok in place. Something Gladiator wishes he was capable of.

Punching only? I guess you also want to limit this to space cheese etc. Thor/Hercules struck each other across dimensions, closing the dimensional portal with the power to wreck worlds. No need to get nervous Quan, I wasn't going to challenge you to a battle zone, just take deep breaths and the shakes will eventually go away.

I can't say I blame you not wanting to get into it, Thor shits on Gladiator in durability feats, and strength, power, versatility etc. You better pray he never loses Mjolnir for any noticeable amount of time or he'll shit on him in punching showings as well. Holding someone in place for a moment doesn't suggest you can best them in combat especially when his strength didn't actually ya know best him in combat.

That isn't as impressive as destroying a planet literally on panel. We also see Gladiator's punches affect Thor pretty effectively just like Thor's hammer does the trick to Gladiator.

Thor has a lot more appearances. I mean wtf. It's like using Superman or the Hulk with the thousands of appearances they have and their own monthly comics how do you expect Gladiator to honestly keep up ? Seriously. Gladiator's feats though fewer are far more impressive in terms of comparison and the planet punching feat.

carver9
Rage using hyperbolic statements to help his case in a fist fight isn't something that is safe to do (the Hercules and Thor moment...knocking a planet off course).

If that's the case, Gladiator statements are still far better.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/123/gladjx4.jpg/

Capable of wresting planets and collapsing stars with his bare hands.

Nihilist
Thor beats Glads down hard.

nwg202
Regarding punching power... i don't think lifting feats equate into punching power. Speed does, Boxers train to be fast. That's why Tyson will hit harder then any world's strongest man. It might come down to durabilty between the two Thor and glads have similiar stregth. The speed and velocity of the punch thrown is whats deadly since they both have the same mass and strength.

So i guess in this fight since you are taking away Gladiators speed. Both have roughly the same amount of mass and strength so i guess it boils down to durability and will power. That's why flash can punch supes assuming he is durable enough to handle it. a lightspeed punch from the flash will beat a stronger lifting spider man punch.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by nwg202
Regarding punching power... i don't think lifting feats equate into punching power. Speed does, Boxers train to be fast. That's why Tyson will hit harder then any world's strongest man. It might come down to durabilty between the two Thor and glads have similiar stregth. The speed and velocity of the punch thrown is whats deadly since they both have the same mass and strength.

So i guess in this fight since you are taking away Gladiators speed. Both have roughly the same amount of mass and strength so i guess it boils down to durability and will power. That's why flash can punch supes assuming he is durable enough to handle it. a lightspeed punch from the flash will beat a stronger lifting spider man punch.

OMG! At Gladiator's normal state, he hits about as hard as Thor. Now taking speed away, that makes his strikes waaaaay weaker than Thor!!!

Thor crushes Gladiator to a bloody pulp! Happy Dance

DARTH POWER
Yeah thats a good point. Gladiator might have better punching power due to his speed. Whilst of course Thor with Mjolnir has greater Striking Power and is just overall more powerful.

But with equal speed, and no Mjolnir, Id say its a split in terms of punching power, and strength. Glads has Invulnerability, but im not sure how much of an advantage that would be with Thor's damage soak, and already ridiculous durability.

So for this fight Im thinking I might give Thor the edge now due to him being better at hand to hand combat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Holding someone in place for a moment doesn't suggest you can best them in combat especially when his strength didn't actually ya know best him in combat.

That isn't as impressive as destroying a planet literally on panel. We also see Gladiator's punches affect Thor pretty effectively just like Thor's hammer does the trick to Gladiator.

Thor has a lot more appearances. I mean wtf. It's like using Superman or the Hulk with the thousands of appearances they have and their own monthly comics how do you expect Gladiator to honestly keep up ? Seriously. Gladiator's feats though fewer are far more impressive in terms of comparison and the planet punching feat.

Thor overpowered Durok temporarily, a feat far beyond Gladiator's wildest dreams.

Thor and Hercules did it without any unusual effort, while Gladiator IIRC was testing the limits of his power/was angry, still took about 4 hits, what a weakling. Gladiator's punches can hurt Thor (Not sure why you think that was in contention) but Thor can most definitely rock Gladiator equally as bad with his fists.

Moan, moan, stop being such a vagina Quan. You started using feats as a measuring stick but suddenly it's unfair? Thor carries around Mjolnir 98% of the time, I mean wtf. I told you earlier on, getting into a feat war wouldn't get you any points but since I'm such a gentleman, I'll let you bow out with some of your dignity intact while you still can. You think Gladiator has far more impressive feats and comparative battles?

crylaugh

I'm not even going to press the matter. Like Carver, you'll do a lot of deflecting and shit talking, but when it's time to back it up, you're a chock artist.

dmills
Thor overpowered Durok temporarily, a feat far beyond Gladiator's wildest dreams.

He didn't overpower Durok, he was just savage enough to catch him by surprise and manage a momentary stalemate until the lightning hit stick out tongue

Oh and ps. Please don't subject the Glads side to more embarrassment with another feat war. We all remember how that turned out the last time laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
He didn't overpower Durok, he was just savage enough to catch him by surprise and manage a momentary stalemate until the lightning hit stick out tongue

Oh and ps. Please don't subject the Glads side to more embarrassment with another feat war. We all remember how that turned out the last time laughing out loud

Thor managed to forcefully cross Durok's arms (He can project energy from them) and hold him in that position until the attack:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/RagnarokThor58.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/RagnarokThor59.jpg

That right there is more impressive than anything Gladiator has ever done. He wishes he was half as awesome as Thor. Besides, it's Quan so you know.

Yet the wanking continues. I really don't understand it.

iceman24567

Oh and ps. Please don't subject the Glads side to more embarrassment with another feat war. We all remember how that turned out the last time laughing out loud LOL why anybody would initiate a feat war regarding Gladz and Thor is mindboggling

dmills
Originally posted by iceman24567
LOL why anybody would initiate a feat war regarding Gladz and Thor is mindboggling

The funny thing about it is that peeps are more then willing to acknowledge Glads and Thor as peers even though one could make the case -some would say the case has already been made via bz- that Thor is solidly above Glads. In reality that's just the Thor side being nice and going off of average portrayal and such.

h1a8
The funny thing about it is that peeps are more then willing to acknowledge Glads and Thor as peers even though one could make the case -some would say the case has already been made via bz- that Thor is solidly above Glads. In reality that's just the Thor side being nice and going off of average portrayal and such.
IMO I view Glads above Thor in a fight against each other (but not in general).
Also,
IMO Glads planet busting feat proves he can punch harder than Thor.

Assuming durability is about the same then we should say that Glads wins this.

OneDumbG0
Gladiator is underrated. Yeah, I said it.

dmills
Originally posted by h1a8
IMO I view Glads above Thor in a fight against each other (but not in general).
Also,
IMO Glads planet busting feat proves he can punch harder than Thor.

Assuming durability is about the same then we should say that Glads wins this.

In a vacuum that may well be true in unarmed combat. However we have other evidence that comes into play here, in addition to the stips themselves. If gladiator were allowed his speed in this scenario I think most people, even Rage, would have to give Glads a healthy majority. If you have two equally strong characters but one has a tremendous speed advantage then imo -all other things being equal- the outcome is obvious.

In this case though we have Thor vs Glads in unarmed combat sans super speed. To me, Thor unequivocally has demonstrated superior toughness then Glads. Glads has the required strength, durability etc to beat Thor here, but I don't think he has the toughness to take out a combatant that has equal stats and doesn't shyte themselves at the merest glance at glads lol. Just my opinion though.

dmills
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Gladiator is underrated. Yeah, I said it.

A lot of that is probably backlash at Carver more then anything. Sad but true imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even without the restrictions on speed I don't see how anyone can give Gladiator the healthy majority over Thor. It would allow Gladiator superior maneuverability and such but it's not something that will overwhelm Thor. The Masterson/Gladiator battle did a good job of illustrating how I think it would play into the battle. Or Thor's encounters with Hyperion/Sentry/Superman/Surfer etc. It's there, it gives them an edge, but Thor toughens it out.

I notice a bid of a double standard when it comes to Thor's speed. There's no denying that he's had less consistent showings but at the same time there's no denying that's he handled fast opponents just fine.

carver9
Gladiator>Thor. He just seems overall more stronger and durable. Output of power is Thor only advantage over the character.

carver9
Even without the restrictions on speed I don't see how anyone can give Gladiator the healthy majority over Thor. It would allow Gladiator superior maneuverability and such but it's not something that will overwhelm Thor. The Masterson/Gladiator battle did a good job of illustrating how I think it would play into the battle.

Thor's simply done too well against such opponents.

Masterson got curbed. Using that fight as any type of indication on what would go on between Glads and Thor is aiding Gladiator 100%.

JakeTheBank
Pretty sure Thor has proved himself all around superior to Gladiator in their confrontations and in terms of feats themselves. The only real advantage (a) Gladiator ever really had was disarming Thor and exploiting a weakness that no longer exists.

Concerning speed, it again, like always, depends on how highly you rate superspeed in the context of a forum battle. It's a factor to be sure, but I doubt Gladiator would surely overwhelm Thor with his speed based on, well, comics, really.

JakeTheBank
Gladiator>Thor. He just seems overall more stronger and durable. Output of power is Thor only advantage over the character.

Versatility
Damage Soak
Mental Fortitude
Striking Power
Has already beat a prepped Gladiator from the future
Etc.

carver9
Pretty sure Thor has proved himself all around superior to Gladiator in their confrontations and in terms of feats themselves. The only real advantage (a) Gladiator ever really had was disarming Thor and exploiting a weakness that no longer exists.

Concerning speed, it again, like always, depends on how highly you rate superspeed in the context of a forum battle. It's a factor to be sure, but I doubt Gladiator would surely overwhelm Thor with his speed based on, well, comics, really.

That wasnt Gladiator. That was a fight that has been ruled out from both characters since it was Glads from a different timeline. Thor never met the real deal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Masterson got curbed. Using that fight as any type of indication on what would go on between Glads and Thor is aiding Gladiator 100%.

Masterson was losing, true, but it wasn't for lack of power, strength or even speed. He was able to react to Gladiator blitzing him both times just fine. He just doesn't have the fire and instincts of a warrior consistently like Thor does.

no

carver9
Versatility
Damage Soak
Mental Fortitude
Striking Power
Has already beat a prepped Gladiator from the future
Etc.

Disagree with damage soak and striking power. I would put Bill and Thor durability around the same and Tyrant one shotted Bill but had to pound away at Gladiator to take him out of the fight.

carver9
Masterson was losing, true, but it wasn't for lack of power, strength or even speed. He was able to react to Gladiator blitzing him both times just fine. He just doesn't have the fire and instincts of a warrior consistently like Thor does.

no

Masterson couldn't handle a punch. Gladiator hits was hurting him and hurting him badly at that.

Gladiator blitzed him though and continued to blitz him until Masterson body went limp.

JakeTheBank
Disagree with damage soak and striking power. I would put Bill and Thor durability around the same and Tyrant one shotted Bill but had to pound away at Gladiator to take him out of the fight.

Thor has better durability feats, though. And not just because he has more appearances. At Bill's best he's equal to Thor. At Thor's best, he's above Bill. A blow from Mjolnir trumps Gladiator.

carver9
Thor has better durability feats, though. And not just because he has more appearances. At Bill's best he's equal to Thor. At Thor's best, he's above Bill. A blow from Mjolnir trumps Gladiator.

Thor and Bill are roughly equals...their fights against each other is proof of this.

It depends on what type of blows. Using the fights that Gladiator and Thor has had against the same hero's and Villians, Gladiator hits has done more damage.

OneDumbG0
Masterson got curbed. Using that fight as any type of indication on what would go on between Glads and Thor is aiding Gladiator 100%. To be fair, Masterson took a beating and kept on trucking. Gladiator's strength was not completely overwhelming since they squared off pretty evenly in a mercy contest. Gladiator's speed was not completely overwhelming since Eric quickly countered it.

Had Masterson fainted from exhaustion/exertion after using Gladiator's face as a pinata, then I would agree that Gladiator overwhelmed him. But in that fight, it was Eric's amateurish skills that were definitely keeping him back. But not far back enough that he couldn't swing things arounds with a single opening. And that speaks to his pure physicality which, as a starting point, prevented him from being overwhelmed outright in spite of the bungling. I think that's Rage.Of.Olympus' point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Masterson couldn't handle a punch. Gladiator hits was hurting him and hurting him badly at that.

Gladiator blitzed him though and continued to blitz him until Masterson body went limp.

Except he did just that. No one's denying that Masterson can be a pussy or wasn't hurt. Unfortunately that doesn't prove as much as you'd like. Ulik's first blow had Masterson hurting worse than Gladiator IIRC and later on he took a hit from him in stride. Like I said before, Masterson's biggest problem was the lack of confidence and experience.

Are you referring to his last few attacks? That wasn't a blitz. He tried using speed, that failed, and then he went ham. Ferocity and being a warrior was winning that confrontation, not a speed advantage.

JakeTheBank
Thor and Bill are roughly equals...their fights against each other is proof of this.

It depends on what type of blows. Using the fights that Gladiator and Thor has had against the same hero's and Villians, Gladiator hits has done more damage.

Roughly equals until Thor kicks it up a notch that Bill can't match.

No, Thor's striking power has done more significant damage to actual characters more so than Gladiator has. Thor's damaged Celestials and has endured blasts from them alike, which is beyond what Glads has done.

Arguably, Thor is pound for pound the most powerful herald in Marvel (you can make an argument for Surfer, obviously). Gladiator being a rung or two below him isn't a terrible thing by any means.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
To be fair, Masterson took a beating and kept on trucking. Gladiator's strength was not completely overwhelming since they squared off pretty evenly in a mercy contest. Gladiator's speed was not completely overwhelming since Eric quickly countered it.

Had Masterson fainted from exhaustion/exertion after using Gladiator's face as a pinata, then I would agree that Gladiator overwhelmed him. But in that fight, it was Eric's amateurish skills that were definitely keeping him back. But not far back enough that he couldn't swing things arounds with a single opening. And that speaks to his pure physicality which, as a starting point, prevented him from being overwhelmed outright in spite of the bungling. I think that's Rage.Of.Olympus' point.

Pretty much.

dmills

Are you referring to his last few attacks? That wasn't a blitz. He tried using speed, that failed, and then he went ham. Ferocity and being a warrior was winning that confrontation, not a speed advantage. And that, is pretty much it in a nutshell. As I said before. Glads is the Mike Tyson of comicdom. Big, strong, fast and scary... For 5 rounds. Not 12.

snowdragon

No, Thor's striking power has done more significant damage to actual characters more so than Gladiator has. Thor's damaged Celestials and has endured blasts from them alike, which is beyond what Glads has done.

Thor used his power belt wrapped around his hammer to do the damage to the celestial (and broke his hammer essentially.) This is unarmed so not even relevant to the conversation.

carver9
And that, is pretty much it in a nutshell. As I said before. Glads is the Mike Tyson of comicdom. Big, strong, fast and scary... For 5 rounds. Not 12.

CIS plays a huge role in fights with Gladiator...he has a habit of underating his opponents.

carver9

Arguably, Thor is pound for pound the most powerful herald in Marvel (you can make an argument for Surfer, obviously). Gladiator being a rung or two below him isn't a terrible thing by any means.

Thor has the best fts out of basically any Herald but if we use consistent showings, he isnt above them. I'm referring to consistent showings and consistently, Glads is physically above Thor IMO.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by snowdragon
Thor used his power belt wrapped around his hammer to do the damage to the celestial (and broke his hammer essentially.) This is unarmed so not even relevant to the conversation.

Except it is.

Thor tanking multiple Celestial blasts shit on anything Gladiator did. Thor enduring a psychotic Odin/Infinity for as long as he did is beyond Gladiator's best durability feats.

If someone wants to compare durability/damage soak feats, by all means, we can. Gladiator's "planet busting" strike is the only thing that makes this debatable, and even then, Thor has the feats to warrant him beating Gladiator.

JakeTheBank
Thor has the best fts out of basically any Herald but if we use consistent showings, he isnt above them. I'm referring to consistent showings and consistently, Glads is physically above Thor IMO.

Consistently, Thor has a history of being able to go to levels that one or maybe two beings can match in terms of Marvel Heralds. Gladiator is not one of them.

snowdragon
Consistently, Thor has a history of being able to go to levels that one or maybe two beings can match in terms of Marvel Heralds. Gladiator is not one of them.

Right, Thor has a huge history with tons of showings. He's a "hero" and overcomes obstacles which generally gives him better showings plus he always has the PIS Godblast or Odin power to fall back on.

Gladiator tends to be more villianous and because of that and less showings and gets PIS thrown all over him kinda like the wolverine stabbing him. I did want to add Gladiator did go toe to toe with Supreme in a crossover but not sure if that was canon.

Either way due to showings Thor wins.

Based off what the characters are I would give it to Gladiator.

Forum fight though Thor gets the win.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by snowdragon
Right, Thor has a huge history with tons of showings. He's a "hero" and overcomes obstacles which generally gives him better showings plus he always has the PIS Godblast or Odin power to fall back on.

Gladiator tends to be more villianous and because of that and less showings and gets PIS thrown all over him kinda like the wolverine stabbing him.

Either way due to showings Thor wins.

Based off what the characters are I would give it to Gladiator.

Forum fight though Thor gets the win.

I don't really use the Godblast when debating for Thor. He's only used it a seldom few times, and there's really no reason to consider it a majority of the time in a forum battle unless they're some extenuating circumstances. And Thor doesn't have the Odinforce anymore.

Gladiator having less showings and being the bad guy or antagonist doesn't make him less impressive. If he was meant to be _______ powerful, then he would have be.

Based on showings and who the characters are alike, Thor would win. Though, I'm curious: what about Gladiator's character makes you think he should win?

carver9

Thor has the best showings out of any Herald, not just Marvels. That doesn't put him above his peers though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has the best fts out of basically any Herald but if we use consistent showings, he isnt above them. I'm referring to consistent showings and consistently, Glads is physically above Thor IMO. Originally posted by carver9
Thor has the best showings out of any Herald, not just Marvels. That doesn't put him above his peers though.

ermm

snowdragon
Based on showings and who the characters are alike, Thor would win. Though, I'm curious: what about Gladiator's character makes you think he should win?

He is a more ruthless kinda guy most times in fights.

I would dispute with you some of the showings of gladiator that are terribad like punching capt america's shield till he loses confidence then gets knocked out or the recent wolverine stabbing but like I said he has a different role in comics then thor and is usually played down.

JakeTheBank

That is debatable.

I'd argue that Superman has feats and plenty of them to compete with Thor. And while I don't agree he clearly blows Thor out of the water (if at all) in an overall feat war, you'd be hard pressed to argue he's not at least Thor's equal in those terms.

-Pr-

Don't pretend you actually read DC. Come on now, we both know better.

carver9
He does have the best showings. Out of all the Heralds...I would put Thor at the top and not by a small gap either. He still lose to Hulk. With all powers included, I would give Thor a high majority against Gladiator. Too bad his hammer is gone.

carver9
That is debatable.

I'd argue that Superman has feats and plenty of them to compete with Thor. And while I don't agree he clearly blows Thor out of the water (if at all) in an overall feat war, you'd be hard pressed to argue he's not at least Thor's equal in those terms.

I disagree. Taking on high tier beings, without any type of amp and beating them, it is well known for Thor. No one can match it.

JakeTheBank
I disagree. Taking on high tier beings, without any type of amp and beating them, it is well known for Thor. No one can match it.

Do you know who "Superman" is?

Also goes by Kal-El, Clark Kent, Big Blue, etc.

-Pr-

He really doesn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He does have the best showings. Out of all the Heralds...I would put Thor at the top and not by a small gap either. He still lose to Hulk. With all powers included, I would give Thor a high majority against Gladiator. Too bad his hammer is gone.

Thor has non hammer based feats far superior to anything Gladiator has done.

carver9

Yes, I do. When I see Clark rip Celestial level beings armor, one shot punch Galactus level beings, damage Galactus level beings, kill beings that Juggle planets, defeat beings like Mangog, take on an enraged skyfathet (Odin) and survive his attacks without even fihting back for an entire comic...etc, etc, THEN I would put him at Thors level. Him holding a black hole, him taking on Darkseid, him vibrating, or going through a black hole or holding up a magical book with infinite pages is impressive and all but the comparison to what Thor has done...nope, nope, nope, not even close.

JakeTheBank
Yes, I do. When I see Clark rip Celestial armor, one shot punch Galactus level beings, damage Galactus level beings, kill beings that Juggle planets, defeat beings like Mangog, take on an enraged skyfathet (Odin) and survive his attacks without even touting back for an entire comic...etc, etc, THEN I would put him at Thors level. Him holding a black hole, him taking on Darkseid, him vibrating, or going through a black hole or holding up a magical book with infinite pages is impressive and all but the comparison to what Thor has done...nope, nope, nope, not even close.

facepalm

Blight
Yes, I do. When I see Clark rip Celestial level beings armor, one shot punch Galactus level beings, damage Galactus level beings, kill beings that Juggle planets, defeat beings like Mangog, take on an enraged skyfathet (Odin) and survive his attacks without even fihting back for an entire comic...etc, etc, THEN I would put him at Thors level. Him holding a black hole, him taking on Darkseid, him vibrating, or going through a black hole or holding up a magical book with infinite pages is impressive and all but the comparison to what Thor has done...nope, nope, nope, not even close. come on, that's just silly

carver9
facepalm

Come on Jake. That's it? Thor has also ripped a hole in Chaos King...fought Surfer, Bill, Warlock, etc, etc, at the same time and came out on top. Stalemated the Collective, the list is insane. Thor is the top dog...deal with it.

Blight
Well... I mean... It's just silly.

JakeTheBank
Come on Jake. That's it? Thor has also ripped a hole in Chaos King...fought Surfer, Bill, Warlock, etc, etc, at the same time and came out on top. Stalemated the Collective, the list is insane. Thor is the top dog...deal with it.

Well, I'm not going to hold your hand and read to you all of Superman's feats.

I mean, come the hell on.

Also, Thor's my favorite comic book character and I've a good grasp on where he sits in terms of heralds overall.

carver9
Well, I'm not going to hold your hand and read to you all of Superman's feats.

I mean, come the hell on.

Hold my hand Jake...show me why Thor isn't the man. It doesn't even have to be Superman...use another character if you want.

JakeTheBank
Hold my hand Jake...show me why Thor isn't the man. It doesn't even have to be Superman...use another character if you want.

I don't believe this.

Thor has a laundry list of highly impressive feats. I personally think he's the most powerful herald over all in Marvel.

But this rampant ignorance of Superman and the idea he can't even compete with Thor is....well, it's retarded.

carver9
I don't believe this.

Thor has a laundry list of highly impressive feats. I personally think he's the most powerful herald over all in Marvel.

But this rampant ignorance of Superman and the idea he can't even compete with Thor is....well, it's retarded.

Superman and Thor are peers just like Thor, Superman, Gladiator, Black Adam, and Surfer are peers but Thor fts outshines all of them. They could still pull some wins from him though and its debatable on who would get the majority.

Nihilist
Superman and Thor are peers just like Thor, Superman, Gladiator, Black Adam, and Surfer are peers but Thor fts outshines all of them. They could still pull some wins from him though and its debatable on who would get the majority. Glads shouldnt be included in that list of peers

psycho gundam
Yes, I do. When I see Clark rip Celestial level beings armor, one shot punch Galactus level beings, damage Galactus level beings, kill beings that Juggle planets, defeat beings like Mangog, take on an enraged skyfathet (Odin) and survive his attacks without even fihting back for an entire comic...etc, etc, THEN I would put him at Thors level. Him holding a black hole, him taking on Darkseid, him vibrating, or going through a black hole or holding up a magical book with infinite pages is impressive and all but the comparison to what Thor has done...nope, nope, nope, not even close. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/llama.gif

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nihilist
Glads shouldnt be included in that list of peers

he is sort of a peer, in the same way wonder woman and martian manhunter would be considered peers of superman, or terrax would be considered a peer of surfer. ok, kidding on that last one.

it's that niche, that "i can challenge you and give you a tough fight, but you're generally going to beat me more than i'll beat you" kind of thing.

--

Thor, Surfer and Superman are the big dogs in the Herald tier, and have been for years. Hulk is starting to look like he belongs up there, but those three, based on feats and the kind of enemies they've taken down, tend to be the top three (ymmv as to who has what position).

Saying Superman doesn't have feats that can contend with Thor is either stupidity, hate, or just blind ignorance, as would it be vice versa.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/llama.gif

laughing out loud

carver9
Hulk been had the fts showing he was up there...now he has the fts that puts him above them.

carver9
Using the ft argument, I would put it like this...Thor>Superman>Surfer.

-Pr-
I suggest you actually read up a bit more on the characters you're rating.

Bentley
Superman has the better feats of the big three (Surfer and Thor), but he also has the most glaring weaknesses and less versatility. Only because of that, they are considered to be on the same level.

carver9
Bently, let us handle this. Space cheese fts Superman and Surfer lead the pack...combat fts, Thor lead the pack...you can combine both Surfer and Supes fts and they would still fall behind Thor.

JakeTheBank
Bently, let us handle this. Space cheese fts Superman and Surfer lead the pack...combat fts, Thor lead the pack...you can combine both Surfer and Supes fts and they would still fall behind Thor.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/dx.gif

Stop.

Just stop.

carver9
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/dx.gif

Stop.

Just stop.

Hahahahahaha... laughing out loud

Name me one ft Rage...one ft from Surfer or Superman that match what Thor has done under "his own power". Don't give me a ft with outside circumstances.

Thor would have held out much longer against Tenebrous and Aegis when Surfer was teamed with Galactus on that dead planet.

Blight
Is carver intentionally making jokes?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blight

I hope so, because the alternative worries me.

carver9
Originally posted by Blight

This is no joke. Answer the above question please.

OneDumbG0
So I think Thor takes this 6/10 based on Thor's round two enchantment. Not to suggest Gladiator has a glass jaw at all (dude was waking up minutes after getting socked by Mjolnir a dozen times to the face) but Thor just seems to have more proven stamina when he brawls.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
I hope so, because the alternative worries me.

I'm not limiting this to only Superman or Surfer... I said "any" Herald. I just consider Thor the best of the crop based off of fts. I have seen fts from basically all of the Heralds and I feel safe in my judgement. It's not that I am saying that every Herald is weak because they fall short of Thor but what I am saying is that Thor is the head honcho. He is leading the pack.

Bentley
Back in the day there were more DC debaters, and back then I didn't read near as much DC and I learnt a lot from those long exchanges.

Right now, the posters that engage in debates regularly and have the knowledge to back it up -from the top of my head there is Rage, ODG and Srank/BH-, are more versed in Marvel.

This is not to say there are agendas or camps -well, Srank has an agenda, but whatever-, but it affects a bit how our debates are perceived. Marvel is more popular, so DC knowledge becomes scarce these days.

From one Hulk fan to another Carver, I assure you I try to be neutral!

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Back in the day there were more DC debaters, and back then I didn't read near as much DC and I learnt a lot from those long exchanges.

Right now, the posters that engage in debates regularly and have the knowledge to back it up -from the top of my head there is Rage, ODG and Srank/BH-, are more versed in Marvel.

This is not to say there are agendas or camps -well, Srank has an agenda, but whatever-, but it affects a bit how our debates are perceived. Marvel is more popular, so DC knowledge becomes scarce these days.

From one Hulk fan to another Carver, I assure you I try to be neutral!

Not saying that you are a Superman fan but you tend to derail thread with Superman wins or "to bad Superman is more durable" or "Superman is stronger" and Superman isn't even involved in the thread but you still bring him up.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>