Challenge vs What you think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
I don't know how long this thread will remain open but this thread is for open discussions aka challenges with a character that is on your mind. I want to start this off using my character Gladiator. I will post a scan, explaining my reason for the scan and giving detail on why my Herald is the best Herald or why my meta is the best meta or why my street level character is the best street level character.

I'll be back with my scan but this is a scan that puts Gladiator above High Herald imo and all Heralds ill.

Please share your thoughts and if you want to present your character, you can. If you think your Herald is better than mine, post a scan proving this.

carver9
Gladiator...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/60603030cg2.jpg/

In this scan Binary...a legit Mid to high Herald blast away at Kallark and he tanks the blast. He not only tanks it but he one shots her right after powering through her attack.

Warlord
Binary was significantly tired/drained in this instance though

-Pr-
There's nothing wrong with the idea of the thread, but only if you're going to use actual, proper scans, and don't attempt to mislead people.

Also, issue numbers are a given, please.

leonidas
and i guess you'd better prove BOTH sides. what's binary done to make anyone believe she's mid herald?

jalek moye
Originally posted by -Pr-
There's nothing wrong with the idea of the thread, but only if you're going to use actual, proper scans, and don't attempt to mislead people.

Also, issue numbers are a given, please.

i think you forgot who you're talking to

Parmaniac
Wolverine is high herald, he stabbed right through Gladiators shoulder who is easily as you stated the highest herald.

Issue: Annihilators: Earthfall 02

gogogadgetgo
Can I try?

Thor is mid skyfather level. He was able to survive blasts from the celstial hosts who are above sky father beings. He was also able to lift the huge ass odin sword and thrust it through a celestial which makes his strength and durability at around skyfather level lol! laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance

TheHulk
Actually i agree with you man,Gladiator is the best Herald their is!

TheHulk
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Wolverine is high herald, he stabbed right through Gladiators shoulder who is easily as you stated the highest herald.

Issue: Annihilators: Earthfall 02 What do you expect the dudes body and weapons are made of the hardest metal in the universe...

TheHulk
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Can I try?

Thor is mid skyfather level. He was able to survive blasts from the celstial hosts who are above sky father beings. He was also able to lift the huge ass odin sword and thrust it through a celestial which makes his strength and durability at around skyfather level lol! laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance If Thor was Mid-Skyfahter he would have beaten almost everyone he encountered even if he held back....

Rage.Of.Olympus
By no stretch of the imagination is Gladiator the best herald or above all herald level beings. It's not even a remotely realistic notion.

Originally posted by TheHulk
If Thor was Mid-Skyfahter he would have beaten almost everyone he encountered even if he held back....
If we want to use Carver's line of "reasoning", he's closer to Abstract than Skyfather.

Uriel005
What do you expect the dudes body and weapons are made of the hardest metal in the universe... Hardness of a material just means it won't snap on impact/wear away. It has nothing to do with cutting ability. Cutting ability comes down to force exerted+ the sharpness of the blade.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
By no stretch of the imagination is Gladiator the best herald or above all herald level beings. It's not even a remotely realistic notion.

If we want to use Carver's line of "reasoning", he's closer to Abstract than Skyfather. Using Carver's line of reasoning Superman, Superboy Prime and the Flash are all abstract considering that the've fought the likes of Mandrakk, COIE Anti-Monitor, Future Mordru, Monarch who had so much power just a containment breach destroyed a universe let alone him actively using the energy, Prime trashed Mxy in a PIS feat but I suppose under Carver that would be allowed, the host of other beings Supes has crushed, Primes feat of fighting off the entirety of the Lantern Legion, Justice League, hosts of 31st century heroes and villains.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Uriel005
Hardness of a material just means it won't snap on impact/wear away. It has nothing to do with cutting ability. Cutting ability comes down to force exerted+ the sharpness of the blade. Exactly big grin

TheHulk
oh come on guys no respect for Carver????

Uriel005
oh come on guys no respect for Carver???? When he isn't posting on Hulk or Gladiator.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jalek moye
i think you forgot who you're talking to

Nope, just making sure I can say I told people what's what.

oh come on guys no respect for Carver????

He could have it; if he cut the shit.

carver9
You all are derailing my thread.

carver9
By the way, Binary gathered all of her energy by the time she faced Gladiator.

Gladiator hit by a blast that was capable of destroying half of the solar system and he tanked it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/wtfshipmh5.jpg/

carver9
Hardness of a material just means it won't snap on impact/wear away. It has nothing to do with cutting ability. Cutting ability comes down to force exerted+ the sharpness of the blade.

The material was stated more than once as being capable of ripping through atoms. Some of the most durable beings in MU has been cut by it.

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
The material was stated more than once as being capable of ripping through atoms. Some of the most durable beings in MU has been cut by it. I was just about to say something like that lol

-Pr-
By the way, Binary gathered all of her energy by the time she faced Gladiator.

Gladiator hit by a blast that was capable of destroying half of the solar system and he tanked it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/wtfshipmh5.jpg/

He was still hurt. Not technically tanking.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

If we want to use Carver's line of "reasoning", he's closer to Abstract than Skyfather.

Using Carver's line of reasoning Superman, Superboy Prime and the Flash are all abstract considering that the've fought the likes of Mandrakk, COIE Anti-Monitor, Future Mordru, Monarch who had so much power just a containment breach destroyed a universe let alone him actively using the energy, Prime trashed Mxy in a PIS feat but I suppose under Carver that would be allowed, the host of other beings Supes has crushed, Primes feat of fighting off the entirety of the Lantern Legion, Justice League, hosts of 31st century heroes and villains.

Is decided then! Using Carver's line of reasoning, Thor is Sub to low Abstract and Superman, Superboy Prime and Flash are low to mid Abstract beings!!

eek!

DarkSaint85
The material was stated more than once as being capable of ripping through atoms. Some of the most durable beings in MU has been cut by it.

When Wolverine was possessed, and he slashed Colossus, was that because he was mystically empowered? Because apart from that time, I have difficulty remembering when else he cut Piotr (you guys probably know better than me).

Otherwise, it means.....Colossus' durability > Gladiator???

SamZED
When Wolverine stabbed Colossus in the recent satory he was amped physically. But in one of the earlier stories it was mentioned that Colossus skin is no match for Wolverine's claws. And seeing how he cuts through herald-level characters all the time I dont see why he shouldnt be able to slice though Piotr's skin. But as usually it depends on the writer.

Sundipped
Originally posted by leonidas
and i guess you'd better prove BOTH sides. what's binary done to make anyone believe she's mid herald?

Whats even more weird is carver thinks Glads should be pushed beyond high herald because of the feat. dontgetit

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by -Pr-
He was still hurt. Not technically tanking. I'm not sure that the idea of not being hurt applies to tanking for most people. If he wasn't hurt that would be no-selling. Tanking means withstanding well in my book.

psycho gundam
^ that's true. the actual vehicle was for crossing "no man's land" during trench warfare shrugging off weapons fire when nothing else could, so basically taking damage and still advancing is the truest meaning of tanking.

abhilegend
Superman is the best herald

http://deliciouscake.wazdat.com/img/Superman_51.jpg_FinalCrisis_6_p34.jpg

Superman is above herald level
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobovsSupermanAOSAnn2-5.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/LobovsSupermanAOSAnn2-6.jpg

Superman has knocked out Mon-el, Lobo, Despero in a single hit. That doesn't mean he is above herald level. Thor, superman and silver surfer are the three pinnacles of herald level. I would place gladiator at mid high herald level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.