League of Ancients Vs Justice League Dark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/34475/805524-ancients02_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66037/1966108-jldark_large.jpeg

DarkSaint85
Greatest feats I've seen so far of JLD is Enchantress fighting Superman. Based off pre-reboot versions, however, and they're pretty evenly matched.

Deadman can possess Gamemnae, and start absorbing people left, right and centre. Enchantress could battle the Angel (possibly losing, however, as he seemed a Superman-level brick but with mystical enchantments). The others could be stalemated by the rest of the JLD.

Wildcard is Tezumak. Who gets taken out by Etrigan, who enters the battle when Constantine sacrifices the soul of Zatanna in return for his help.

Q99
I'd say the Ancient win solidly. They're heavily invest in magic, and between Angel the Jewish alien, the Whaler, and Tezumak, they have a lot more firepower.

The LoA is great against the JLDark because they have comparable amounts of mystic mojo, and much more physical power.

If there's significant amount of prep, that helps things out, both John and Xanadu thrive on it, but conversely that'd give the LoA a chance to set up all kinds of prep spells and wards themselves, so while closer I'd still give it to the LoA.

I'm not sure he can make someone use really high-level magic like that while possessing. One of the other magic users like Manitou or Rama might be able to kick him out too.

I think he'd be better off possessing a physical fighter and try and even things up that way, though the possibility of being exorcized still exists.

Eh, most of the LoA is herald level or at least high-meta. Several of the JL Dark members aren't going to be able to stand up to them in fights very well, like the meta-level Shade.

That'd be... really dumb. Z's one of the JL Dark's biggest guns behind Enchantress, one of the only two JLDarkers who can take on a LoA enemy directly. John wouldn't sacrifice Z anyway (either by choice, or in the sense of successfully doing so if he tried).

Also, I don't think Tezumak's the wildcard. He and Sela are probably the two weakest members, I'd be more worried about, say, The Whaler, who has GL level firepower.

DarkSaint85
Reason why I had John sacrifice Z was because of their history - she would be worth more as a sacrifice (also, her power levels). Demons seem to thrive on John giving up one of his friends in their bargains...

I had Tezumak as the wildcard because he was tech based, as opposed to magic (plus, that ability to predict Flash-level opponents is always handy).

Of course, Angel/Tezumak/Sela's/ speed would down them...

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Reason why I had John sacrifice Z was because of their history - she would be worth more as a sacrifice (also, her power levels). Demons seem to thrive on John giving up one of his friends in their bargains...

Zatanna's arguably almost as useful as Etrigan anyway. It doesn't increase the number of strong people on the field, the LoA can beat Etrigan.

He's tech based (though with human sacrifice involved, so it might be tech-and-magic), but the Angel is just an alien, and the Whaler's powers might be metagene rather than magic too.

Tech in general doesn't tend to provide as much as a trumpcard factor to magic as magic does to tech, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.