Oans and Oa Vs Annihilation Wave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
All tech from Oa, Krona, Mogo, All GL's vs Annihilation Wave. Who wins?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Prep-Man
All tech from Oa, Krona, Mogo, All GL's vs Annihilation Wave. Who wins? Does the wave get T&A,Harvester of Sorrows,Galactus weapon plus the entire wave?

Prep-Man
Yeah, both sides get all tech from past to present.

zopzop
Annihilation Wave wins.

Desaad
Green Lanterns, for shiz.

The most powerful weapon of The Wave was the Harvester, arguably, or the Galacta-canon perhaps, each 'planetary destructive' forces.

The Oans have 7200 Green Lanterns. Now the elite of them are elite heralds. Maybe the Seekers are a match for an average Green Lantern, but there are many more GLs than Seekers, and the Harvester and the Galacti-Canon are hardly high end compared to a dozen Oans, the Great Green Globs, and the potential to channel direction from the Central Power Battery.

But really it comes down to the fact that, despite the Wave's superior numbers, the 'fodder' of the Corps is just way more powerful than the fodder of the Wave.

Desaad
Hmm, I didn't count T&A because all they did was take down/subdue Galactus. They actually make this more of a fight, if they are actually fighting FOR the wave.

Could go either way with them involved, if they are actually fighting for the Wave

SquallX
Mogo will be a ***** to deal with.

Bouboumaster
Tenebrous and Aegis gives it to team 2

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster Tenebrous and Aegis gives it to team 2

they can beat krona?

DarkSaint85
A question for you guys. Are there any feats for Mogo? I know he's always talked about as a game changer, but I haven't really seen him do anything. He's big, that's for sure, but by that measure, Kilowog is more powerful than Hal....

Lord Feron
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
A question for you guys. Are there any feats for Mogo? I know he's always talked about as a game changer, but I haven't really seen him do anything. He's big, that's for sure, but by that measure, Kilowog is more powerful than Hal....

the way he took out the BL was pretty badass. But he got killed with a sniper bullet.... (me thinks his durability is shit)

Desaad

Until recently, no, not really.

REcently he took out a huge cache of black lantern GL's by absorbing them into himself. It gets revealed that he's legit more powerful and special in the GL Corps.

Which, I may add, goes against the entire point of the Alan Moore story that introduced him. Which is why I hate Geoff JOhns.

DarkSaint85
Mmm, yes, I saw what he did with the BLs...tbh, I just saw that as the fact that he's a sentient planet, rather than a powerful GL.

I mean, a GL ring already does whatever the user wants, so the only measure of how much more powerful a user is, is their willpower and creativity.

So I guess my question would be, is Mogo more strong-willed/creative than other GLs?

Desaad
He's got more energy than normal GL's. He doesn't just have a GL ring, but he's got a special backup cache of energy, said to be the most outside the CPB.

Again, that goes against the entire point. But whatever.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Desaad
He's got more energy than normal GL's. He doesn't just have a GL ring, but he's got a special backup cache of energy, said to be the most outside the CPB.

Again, that goes against the entire point. But whatever.

Ahhh ok, thanks. I only remembered him from the old stories, where he was just a planet (and not the moral compass or whatever of the Corps...)

Desaad
He really just had the one significant appearance in Alan Moore's short story, and yes, the whole point of those stories was to show the absurd diversity of the Corps. That even the strangest, most incredible thing you could imagine was commonplace there; Mogo was a Green Lantern, and not even the biggest Green Lantern, alongside sentient mathematical progressions and herpes viruses, beings who had no concept of color or sight, etc.

Q99
I'd say well more than a match, GLs have been chumps recently.

Desaad
Originally posted by Q99
I'd say well more than a match, GLs have been chumps recently.

Depends on what they're facing, really.

Power Cosmic II
A-wave included the "Centurions" a 100 man group under Annihilus which was stated to have more power than all the heroes on earth 616.

A-Wave also included the mind-controlled Terrax and paibok as well as the infant terrible, who is a huge factor IMO.

A wave also gets Thanos' teleportation tech which they were using to overwhelm their opponents quickly and immediately.

Desaad
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
A-wave included the "Centurions" a 100 man group under Annihilus which was stated to have more power than all the heroes on earth 616.

But which was obliterated by a single, mid level herald, Firelord.

But the infant terrible and Terrax mind controlled were woefully ineffective because it wasn't true mind control but body control due to infestation with bugs.

Which is really irrelevant given that every singel Green Lantern can teleport.

Parmaniac
Which is really irrelevant given that every singel Green Lantern can teleport. Current one's haven't really teleported in a long time did they?

Power Cosmic II
But which was obliterated by a single, mid level herald, Firelord.

He didn't fight the entire combined 100.

Woefully ineffective? Terrax attempted to resist but the delinquent was unstoppable for the few panels he was shown. Difference between mind control and body control is irrelevant, the point is that they were powerless to stop themselves from doing Annihilus' will. The net effect is the same so there's no point in making the distinction.

this is irrelevant since they don't practice it to the same extent that the A-wave did.

Fights happen in character, not by power-set.

Desaad
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Current one's haven't really teleported in a long time did they?

Hal has teleported multiple times since his return.

Never under Johns though.

Desaad
He didn't fight the entire combined 100.

He fought them, from what we saw, in multiple groups and slaughtered them with casual ease.

Would you expect he could do that to the heroes of Earth? Really?

Eh? Wasn't mid tier Drax the one tasked with stopping him?

It's relevant in terms of the type of performance you're going to get out of someone. Someone like the Goddess, who made them believe that they were fighting for the right thing, had a much more convincing and effective control over her people than did the Annihilation Wave, as evidenced by the fact that the Infant Terrible did nothing and Terrax was obviously resisting.

If they're coming up against characters that do so regularly, I'm sure they will.

I thought this board had some sort of PIS rule?

Stoic
The wave ran through the Nova Corps like d@ck through p@#sy, I see a similar thing happening here, and if Anni got his grubby mitts on the power battery, and Aegis and Tenebrous, mixed with some Thanos cunning... The Oans IMO are doomed.

Sr J-Bieb
they can beat krona? If Hal can...

Desaad
The Nova Corps has fewer members and each individual member is a good bit less powerful than the GL's.

the ninjak
Nah! The Nova Corp had elite and intelligent members from across the Galaxy.

I don't know about their numbers but a Nova is capable of incredible feats. The Annihiliation Wave was so huge they
-Wrecked the Nova Corps into one member.
-Destroyed the Skrull and Kree numbers.
-Captured Galactus and used him as a gun.
-Had high herald level beings in their ranks. Plus Annihilus himself who drained Quasar and got his abilities/he will make rings.

Desaad
Rich in his own series had the power of the entire Nova Corps within him, and he was MAYBE a low level Green Lantern in feats. MAYBE.

Typical Nova was way, way lower.

Stoic
Rich in his own series had the power of the entire Nova Corps within him, and he was MAYBE a low level Green Lantern in feats. MAYBE.

Typical Nova was way, way lower.

Huh? First of all he was High Herald easily. Rich had trouble controlling all of the Nova Force, so he didn't use it to the fullest out of fear of losing control.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nihilist
Does the wave get T&A,Harvester of Sorrows,Galactus weapon plus the entire wave?

T&A were never really part of the wave. Thanos cut a deal with them to capture Galactus, but they were never part of the Annihilation forces.

If they had been, I think the wave would have won.

cdtm
Anyways, Annihilus himself, with the Q bands, could be a problem.. He survived Big G's temper tantrum, making him pretty durable (Although some of the name GL's have comparable feats, like Johns auto shield protecting him and Martian Manhunter...)

I could see all 7200 GL's holding their own with the main Annihilation forces. But it would take a pretty big force of GL's to really stop Big A.....

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Huh? First of all he was High Herald easily. Rich had trouble controlling all of the Nova Force, so he didn't use it to the fullest out of fear of losing control.

He was high herald in potential, but rarely tapped into it.. Him and Quasar had trouble with a fleet of ships, while Surfer just mowed through them like a hot knife through butter.

quanchi112
A Wave stomps.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by cdtm
He was high herald in potential, but rarely tapped into it.. Him and Quasar had trouble with a fleet of ships, while Surfer just mowed through them like a hot knife through butter. Surfer/Thor are the top for high herald though

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
A Wave stomps.

Why?

Herald levelers were able to take the mooks and bulk of the wave, so what tips the odds against them? Annihilus? If a group of GL's can take Krona or Anti Monitor, they can deal with him. T&A? Like I said, they never attacked with the wave, only honored their deal with Thanos, and than they were done for the story.

Sr J-Bieb
T&A? Like I said, they never attacked with the wave, only honored their deal with Thanos, and than they were done for the story. But they're in the thread

quanchi112
Why?

Herald levelers were able to take the mooks and bulk of the wave, so what tips the odds against them? Annihilus? If a group of GL's can take Krona or Anti Monitor, they can deal with him. T&A? Like I said, they never attacked with the wave, only honored their deal with Thanos, and than they were done for the story. They are all in this thread and with their leadership, power, and numbers this is stompage.

Bentley
Just for the record, Nova Prime ain't a high herald. He may be among the top dogs of mid.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Bentley
Just for the record, Nova Prime ain't a high herald. He may be among the top dogs of mid.

I SOMMON YOU, dmills!

Prep-Man

A Krona level blast would kill Nova.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
But they're in the thread

It's a cheat, than.

I think Prep-Man meant both sides getting their relevant forces from the story, which T&A definitely weren't a part of. It's a common mistake, but they simply weren't part of the wave and didn't answer to Annihilus.

But if he wants them in, I guess they're in, although I wouldn't call this the Annihilation Wave, but the AW and T&A.

Prep-Man
just whoever was in the Awave at the time.

OneDumbG0
Which is really irrelevant given that every singel Green Lantern can teleport. No, they can't. Kyle with his former tweaked ring used to be able to IIRC. Hal's done it about as often as Thor flies without Mjolnir: a handful. Which doesn't overturn all the times it's made absolutely clear GLs can't teleport and Thor drops like a lead statue when Mjolnir is stolen.

Bentley
^ In any case, at this point, a random no-name lantern cannot teleport.

OneDumbG0
^ Neither can the named ones. Except maybe Ganthet.

Bentley
Ah, maybe I misread, there are panel statements saying they can't teleport?

cdtm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
No, they can't. Kyle with his former tweaked ring used to be able to IIRC. Hal's done it about as often as Thor flies without Mjolnir: a handful. Which doesn't overturn all the times it's made absolutely clear GLs can't teleport and Thor drops like a lead statue when Mjolnir is stolen.

Johns done it, too. It was a major plot point during the Furnas: Burning Martian story.

cdtm
Ah, maybe I misread, there are panel statements saying they can't teleport?

Not sure if it's outright stated or not, but Hal and Sinestro seemed to need the Indigo to teleport around. Teleporting was their thing, so I guess Johns retconned away or ignored a GL's teleporting to make his new characters relevant.

cdtm
Anyways, far less than the GL Corps defeated the Annihilation Wave. Richard was their biggest gun, and they only had a handful of heralds.. Now, the waves facing 7200 heralds, plus the Alphas, plus the Guardians. This is by no means a stomp for the Wave.

OneDumbG0
Ah, maybe I misread, there are panel statements saying they can't teleport? Reread Blackest Night and War of the Green Lanterns and the first few issues of Green Lantern Corps off the top of my head.

Power Cosmic II
Anyways, far less than the GL Corps defeated the Annihilation Wave. Richard was their biggest gun, and they only had a handful of heralds.. Now, the waves facing 7200 heralds, plus the Alphas, plus the Guardians. This is by no means a stomp for the Wave.

An enraged and furious Galactus is "far less" than the GL Corps? Because Nova had nothing to do with destroying the whole of the Annihilation Wave save for killing Annihilus himself. And if we include T&A, he had nothing to do with destroying them either.

Prep-Man

don't forget the Manhunters.

DarkSaint85
Are the Oans allowed to time travel?

Bentley
Not if they can't currently teleport ermm

DarkSaint85
But OneDumb's objection is that its been made clear they can't teleport - has it ever been shown that the Guardians can no longer time travel?

Nihilist
Wasnt the waves numbers said to be in the millions?

Prep-Man
Hal teleported in Brave and the Bold, so GL's can teleport.

OneDumbG0
Savage Hulk made a sharp turn in mid-air by flexing his muscles in mid-flight, so Hulk's family can turn directions in mid-jump.

Nihilist
Savage Hulk made a sharp turn in mid-air by flexing his muscles in mid-flight, so Hulk's family can turn directions in mid-jump. huh?

DarkSaint85
Savage Hulk made a sharp turn in mid-air by flexing his muscles in mid-flight, so Hulk's family can turn directions in mid-jump.

Why not?

Nihilist
Thinking about it the Wave has way to many numbers not to win

cdtm
But OneDumb's objection is that its been made clear they can't teleport - has it ever been shown that the Guardians can no longer time travel?

The Guardians and Ganthet have all been shown time traveling during Kyles run. No evidence they lost this ability.

cdtm
An enraged and furious Galactus is "far less" than the GL Corps? Because Nova had nothing to do with destroying the whole of the Annihilation Wave save for killing Annihilus himself. And if we include T&A, he had nothing to do with destroying them either.

Losing their head was as big a factor as Big G's temper tantrum, imo. They had more than enough of an army to force concessions, so the war could have continued..

Yeah, the Annihilation Wave has the numbers advantage, but 7200 herald levelers is worth more than most galactic empires.. All it takes is one or two herald levelers to hold off a space army, and the GL's have 7200 of them. 3600 of them are able to deal with a sentient space sector, and less than that can deal with Anti Monitor or Krona.. Hal, he single handedly killed an amped up Krona.

Even accounting for mook GL's, that's a lot more than the Annihilation wave had to contend with, and makes for even odds imo..

Power Cosmic II
Losing their head was as big a factor as Big G's temper tantrum, imo. They had more than enough of an army to force concessions, so the war could have continued..

Yeah, the Annihilation Wave has the numbers advantage, but 7200 herald levelers is worth more than most galactic empires.. All it takes is one or two herald levelers to hold off a space army, and the GL's have 7200 of them. 3600 of them are able to deal with a sentient space sector, and less than that can deal with Anti Monitor or Krona.. Hal, he single handedly killed an amped up Krona.

Even accounting for mook GL's, that's a lot more than the Annihilation wave had to contend with, and makes for even odds imo..

It was specifically stated in the comic that Ravenous had to sue for peace as a direct result of Galactus' actions, not the death of Annihilus. The war could have continued without him.

cdtm
Big G's attack was limited in scope, yet caused that much damage? If the Annihilation wave was concentrated in a several lightspan area instead of spread out, that makes the GL's work even easier. 3600 of them can contain a sentient sector, and a sector covers a much larger area than Big G's attack covered.

Power Cosmic II
Big G's attack was limited in scope, yet caused that much damage? If the Annihilation wave was concentrated in a several lightspan area instead of spread out, that makes the GL's work even easier. 3600 of them can contain a sentient sector, and a sector covers a much larger area than Big G's attack covered.

Limited in scope? He destroyed at the absolute minimum 3 star systems. In a later comic he was stated to have wiped the galaxy clean of annihilus' forces.

It's not so much that Ravenous had sufficient forces to prosecute war after Galactus' blast. It's that the A-Wave so totally overwhelmed the kree and skrulls, etc. that neither side could continue conflict after the blast. An arbitrarily defined "sentient sector" is equal to what? Can you specify?

cdtm
Limited in scope? He destroyed at the absolute minimum 3 star systems. In a later comic he was stated to have wiped the galaxy clean of annihilus' forces.

It's not so much that Ravenous had sufficient forces to prosecute war after Galactus' blast. It's that the A-Wave so totally overwhelmed the kree and skrulls, etc. that neither side could continue conflict after the blast. An arbitrarily defined "sentient sector" is equal to what? Can you specify?

The universe is divided up into 3600 sectors.

Considering how big the universe is, that should be bigger than 3 star systems.

Annihilus and Nova did manage to escape the attack alive, too. Yeah, they're tough, but they're not taking Big G's best attack.

Power Cosmic II
The universe is divided up into 3600 sectors.

Considering how big the universe is, that should be bigger than 3 star systems.

Annihilus and Nova did manage to escape the attack alive, too. Yeah, they're tough, but they're not taking Big G's best attack.

This sounds more like the green lantern sphere of influence is divided up into 3600 sectors, as opposed to the totality of the DC universe being cut exactly into 3600 sectors itself.

Aren't 2 GL's apportioned to each sector? That would mean 1 GL is responsible for over 1000 galaxies.

Right.

cdtm
Hm... Well, according to the story where they fought the sentient sector (GL corp annual 2), a single sector usually contained 1,000's of sentient worlds, and centers around galaxies.

So, sectors can be pretty big.

Edit: Just checked it, and Sinestros exact quote is "The galaxy became unstable" when sector 3600 started exerting its influence, and called it a God Galaxy.

Prep-Man
i doubt numbers will be an issue. the Oans do have their entire race, guardians, lanterns, and other branches like the green lantern corpse. and all manhunters.

Lord Feron

It's not so much that Ravenous had sufficient forces to prosecute war after Galactus' blast. It's that the A-Wave so totally overwhelmed the kree and skrulls, etc. that neither side could continue conflict after the blast. An arbitrarily defined "sentient sector" is equal to what? Can you specify? thumb up

Prep-Man
are you guys talking about madgod sector 3600?

cdtm
are you guys talking about madgod sector 3600?

Yeah, exactly.

The sector of space was so powerful, it wiped out trillions of life in it without effort, including gods and the sector GL's, plus about a half dozen GL's sent to investigate. (Stated in the story)

The Guardians had to intervene and contain it, and the entire Corp dealt with it after it escaped.

As a group working in unison, the rank and file GL's are capable of skyfather level feats or above.. I'd give a large enough group of GL's fair odds even againat Odin or Galactus.

OneDumbG0
^ Only if Guy Gardner's involved.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.