mordru vs spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
both battle at their best who wins and why?

quanchi112
Spectre wins.

Prep-Man
mordru. if dr. fate can go toe to toe with spectre,half helmed than Mordru would win more often than not

JakeTheBank
Spectre.

Juntai
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spectre.

Prep-Man
Seriously? Fate has done well against Spectre on more than one occasion. Mordru tooled Fate and we all know Spectre has problems with high end magic users. Mordru ftw.

Sundipped
^Spectre kills high end magic users.

Prep-Man
He didn't kill Fate and Mordru can't die.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Seriously? Fate has done well against Spectre on more than one occasion. Mordru tooled Fate and we all know Spectre has problems with high end magic users. Mordru ftw. Originally posted by ozz81
both battle at their best who wins and why? And you think Spectre that fought Fate was Spectre at his best?

Prep-Man
Mordru at his best absorbed half of INFINITE Man. He also absorbed the entire universe of its magic. Spectre on average can't hang with that. Unless we're talking extremely high Spectre like COIE.

Parmaniac
Mordru at his best absorbed half of INFINITE Man. He also absorbed the entire universe of its magic. Spectre on average can't hang with that. Unless we're talking extremely high Spectre like COIE. lol

using one's top version and the average of the other.

Prep-Man
Mordru has a lot of high end feats. Like easily beating a Thunderbolt, 5-D Imp, when we have seen an Imp imprison Spectre.

JakeTheBank
Mordru at his best would still lose to Spectre at his best, per the OP.

I have no doubt that Mordru could hang with Spectre otherwise.

Prep-Man
Are you talking about Spectre with Logz? If so, then I agree, I was talking about average portrayals.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Parmaniac
lol

using one's top version and the average of the other. thumb up

Prep-Man
Give some feats of a high end Spectre.

Uriel005
Mordru at his best would still lose to Spectre at his best, per the OP.

I have no doubt that Mordru could hang with Spectre otherwise. My problem with this is that both of them at their best are implied hypotheticals. Mordru being the last standing Lord of Order/Chaos/Other new undefined Lord of everything. Spectre on the other hand at full power is for intents and purposes as powerful as the presence. Now the strongest on panel showings for them I'd say DoV Spectre and Mordru post universe of Magic absorb or Infinite Man. The Infinite Man feat he did far too easily for my comfort to say that. At that stage he simply could absorb the Spectre more easily than Black Alice did only he would proceed to trap the Spectre for all eternity even DoV Spectre.

Sundipped
Mordru at his best absorbed half of INFINITE Man. He also absorbed the entire universe of its magic. Spectre on average can't hang with that. Unless we're talking extremely high Spectre like COIE.

That was universe 247. Not mainstream DCU. Spectre was going around destroying all magic in the DCU.

Mordru has also had problems with Nabu. But what does Spectre do to a determined Nabu?:

"The force of the Spectre was the force that created the Lords of Order and could likewise unmake them."

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6420/spectre19931420yw9.th.jpg http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9375/spectre19931421ka6.th.jpg

Prep-Man
Too bad Spectre has had troubles with high end magic users. A high end Spectre would beat a Mordru, but not your average Spectre.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Sundipped
That was universe 247. Not mainstream DCU. Spectre was going around destroying all magic in the DCU.

Mordru has also had problems with Nabu. But what does Spectre do to a determined Nabu?:

"The force of the Spectre was the force that created the Lords of Order and could likewise unmake them."

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6420/spectre19931420yw9.th.jpg http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9375/spectre19931421ka6.th.jpg too bad Mordru's origin directly contradicts this.

Sundipped
^He's a Lord of Chaos but my point was Mordru was having problems with someone who was easily owned by Spectre.

Conversely Lords of order are the direct opposite of the Lords of Chaos. One side good, the other evil.

Prep-Man
Spectre was having troubles with Nabu and Fate as well.

quanchi112
Too bad Spectre has had troubles with high end magic users. A high end Spectre would beat a Mordru, but not your average Spectre. You're citing high end Mordru's but when someone does the same you cry foul. Typical.

Prep-Man
huh?

quanchi112
huh? You can only compare a high end character vs. another high end character otherwise it's someone trying to tip the scales to the character they like more.

Prep-Man
I already said a high end Spectre would beat Mordru. I'm talking about AVERAGE SHOWINGS! idiot.

quanchi112
I already said a high end Spectre would beat Mordru. I'm talking about AVERAGE SHOWINGS! idiot. Then by average showings Spectre still wins. Don't resort to name calling it only proves I intimidate you.

Prep-Man
I say Mordru. As we've already seen the likes of Fate stalemate the Spectre.

quanchi112
I say Mordru. As we've already seen the likes of Fate stalemate the Spectre. Didn't Fate best Mordru ? laughing out loud

Prep-Man
I'm talking about Jim Corrigan and Kent Nelson. I dont think Kent beat Mordru. Mordru has more wins over Fate.

quanchi112
I'm talking about Jim Corrigan and Kent Nelson. I dont think Kent beat Mordru. Mordru has more wins over Fate. A less experienced Fate bested Mordru yet you are acting like a stalemate is worse than a loss. LOL. Spectre wins.

Prep-Man
Post the scans. And Mordru has more wins over Fate.

quanchi112
Post the scans. And Mordru has more wins over Fate. No, I am not looking for my jsa disk for you. If the worst you can do is say a Fate stalemate you lost. Mordru with an amp was defeated by the White Witch. Even at his best he loses. The guy couldn't even hurt Prime.

Prep-Man
good, Mordru wins.

quanchi112
good, Mordru wins. So a guy with all of a universe's magic as an amp goes down and you think he will best the Spectre....wow.

Prep-Man
Im glad you agree.

quanchi112
Im glad you agree. Spectre wins. Glad you came around.

Prep-Man
Mordru 8/10. big grin
Glad you agree.

quanchi112
Mordru 8/10. big grin
Glad you agree. I destroyed your logic. Anyway you look at it Spectre wins.

Prep-Man
Nope.

quanchi112
Nope. By your own logic I have won or do you think a loss is better than a stalemate ?

Prep-Man
Not convincing.

quanchi112
Not convincing. That was your logic. You rested your entire case on one showing you claim where the Spectre stalemated Dr. Fate. That's it.

Prep-Man
Not convincing.

quanchi112
That's your logic not mine.

Prep-Man
Not good enough.

Sundipped
Quanchi, why are you even going back and forth with him for? confused

quanchi112
Not good enough. I didn't think your logic is good enough either.Originally posted by Sundipped
Quanchi, why are you even going back and forth with him for? confused i want to show him the error of his ways he unjustly compares a high end Mordru to a low end Spectre and then uses hypocritical reasoning when worse can be said of Mordru.

Prep-Man
You failed.

quanchi112
You failed. So you believe a stalemate is worse than a loss ?

Prep-Man
lol Not convincing to me.

quanchi112
lol Not convincing to me. You know what you're doing isn't debating, right ?

Prep-Man
I know you're not debating. That's why I said not convincing.

quanchi112
I know you're not debating. That's why I said not convincing. I gave you a worse example against Fate because you used this as your reasoning for a Mordru win.

Prep-Man
Still Mordru.

quanchi112
Still Mordru. Why ?

Prep-Man
Read above.

quanchi112
Read above. If you have different reasoning I'd like to hear it since I took apart your flimsy Fate abc reasoning.

Prep-Man
Read above.

quanchi112
Read above. So you honestly are going to repeat yourself while avoiding any questions I have regarding this thread ?

Prep-Man
Mordru. 7/10. Happy?

quanchi112
Mordru. 7/10. Happy? You've made progress but not enough so no.

Prep-Man
Thanks, I'm glad we agree.

quanchi112
Thanks, I'm glad we agree. Comprehension problems.

Prep-Man
So, Spectre loses? lol

quanchi112
So, Spectre loses? lol see what I mean.

Prep-Man
what?

quanchi112
what? If you honestly believe I am trying to argue Spectre loses then you can't comprehend anything.

Prep-Man
So, Mordru 8/10. Good.

quanchi112
So, Mordru 8/10. Good. No.

Prep-Man
yes.

quanchi112
yes. nah.

Prep-Man
nah yah yes.

quanchi112
nah yah yes. Other than the fate showing why or how does Mordru win.

Prep-Man
magic.

quanchi112
magic. Be a little more specific.

Prep-Man
Mordru's magic.

quanchi112
Mordru's magic. So you don't want to be taken seriously.

Prep-Man
Still Mordru.

quanchi112
Still Mordru. I disagree.

Prep-Man
I'm glad you agree.

quanchi112
I'm glad you agree. I don't.

Prep-Man
You do.

Juntai
I say Mordru. As we've already seen the likes of Fate stalemate the Spectre. Actually, when Fate ran into Corrigan, he immediately knew he was outmatched. Likewise, even in ancient Egypt, Nabu knew he would die if he challenged the Spectre. Alas, Nabu died challenging the Spectre. wink

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, when Fate ran into Corrigan, he immediately knew he was outmatched. Likewise, even in ancient Egypt, Nabu knew he would die if he challenged the Spectre. Alas, Nabu died challenging the Spectre. wink

Spectre was also surprised of his power in one occasion.

JakeTheBank
Spectre at his best is beyond Nabu and Mordru.

Prep-Man
At his best, sure. He's high end cosmic, but on average, we have seen Spectre get beaten by beings less than Mordru.

JakeTheBank
But the thing is, the OP has them both at their best, so per this thread, Mordru loses against Spectre.

Prep-Man
I know, just trying to make it FAIR! stick out tongue

Prep-Man
It's like saying Galactus at his best vs Ganthet at his best.

quanchi112
You do. Originally posted by Prep-Man
I know, just trying to make it FAIR! stick out tongue Concession accepted.

Prep-Man
High end Mordru can put up a fight, but lose. Average Spectre loses.

quanchi112
High end Mordru can put up a fight, but lose. Average Spectre loses. This thread refers to both at their peaks so you agree with me. Victory feels so great.

Prep-Man
Never said he loses.

quanchi112
Spectre at his best is beyond Nabu and Mordru. Originally posted by Prep-Man
At his best, sure. He's high end cosmic, but on average, we have seen Spectre get beaten by beings less than Mordru. You agree he's beyond him which is even worse. Mmmmm victory.

Uriel005
On panel I'd say being able to absorb infinite man is > Spectre. Also all magic in the DC universe. I also believe he was successfully absorbing the speedforce or at least implied he was capable of absorbing it.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Uriel005
On panel I'd say being able to absorb infinite man is > Spectre. Also all magic in the DC universe. I also believe he was successfully absorbing the speedforce or at least implied he was capable of absorbing it.

When did he absorb the SF?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uriel005
On panel I'd say being able to absorb infinite man is > Spectre. Also all magic in the DC universe. I also believe he was successfully absorbing the speedforce or at least implied he was capable of absorbing it. I wouldn't and I don't see the White Witch as having a chance against the Spectre.

Prep-Man
A powerful enough spell would take Spectre down. Look at Tempest. He briefly did it.

quanchi112
A powerful enough spell would take Spectre down. Look at Tempest. He briefly did it. Not from Mordru the guy failed to even harm Prime in the same story Superboy scarred him.

Prep-Man
Mordru would do the same.

quanchi112
Mordru would do the same. I agree he'd fail to harm the Spectre too.

Prep-Man
I'm glad you agree with me. yes

quanchi112
I'm glad you agree with me. yes The Spectre is just beyond Mordru as you yourself have said.

Prep-Man
No need to speak, you already agreed.

quanchi112
No need to speak, you already agreed. We both agree Spectre wins he's beyond him.

Prep-Man
Glad you agree again.

quanchi112
Glad you agree again. You argued against him at first and flip flopped which shows a lack of conviction.

Prep-Man
Glad ya agree.

quanchi112
Glad ya agree. K.

Prep-Man
yes FTW

quanchi112
yes FTW thumb up

Prep-Man
thumb up thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Prep-Man
thumb up to infinity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.