Cyclops vs 6 million grizzly bears.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Drop of blood, only gunning for Cyke, yadda yadda. Twice as many as Logan faced.

Who wins?

TriviaGuy
it depends, if they surround him than they will win, if its a huge wall of 6 million bears in front of him cyclops wins , can you imagine 6 million bears? it will be a huge line of bears for couple of miles and cyclops could be attacked only by 4 at a time because there is not enough space for more than 4 bears to attack at once

Silent Master
Cyke takes off his visor and turns around a few times.

TriviaGuy
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cyke takes off his visor and turns around a few times.

not fast enough if they are all around him and attack him at once he will get injured , also he wont be able to spin too much since he will get dizzy lets not forget he is a human after all, plus it was stated cyclops drains his energy when he is using his optic blasts so he cant blast for too long and 6 million bears is too much , but as i said before it depends on the position ... if they are all in front of him he can take it with some good full power blasts in theory but the question is can cyclops keep doing those full power blasts one after another?

cdtm
Cyke is pretty agile, isn't he?

So even if they surround him, can't he just do some acrobatics and clear some space, or find a wall to put his back against?

TriviaGuy
Originally posted by cdtm
Cyke is pretty agile, isn't he?

So even if they surround him, can't he just do some acrobatics and clear some space, or find a wall to put his back against?

what wall? acrobatics? where is he going to land? its 6 million bears all over the place there is no room for him to avoid

P.S - what is it with all those millions of bears all the time? KMC members just murdered milliards of bears with all those threads

Silent Master
Originally posted by TriviaGuy
not fast enough if they are all around him and attack him at once he will get injured , also he wont be able to spin too much since he will get dizzy lets not forget he is a human after all, plus it was stated cyclops drains his energy when he is using his optic blasts so he cant blast for too long and 6 million bears is too much , but as i said before it depends on the position ... if they are all in front of him he can take it with some good full power blasts in theory but the question is can cyclops keep doing those full power blasts one after another?

You're telling me that these bears can cover .5 kilometers faster than Scott can turn around?

TriviaGuy
You're telling me that these bears can cover .5 kilometers faster than Scott can turn around?

you are talking like all he needs is to do is a 180 degree spin and its all done...those are hords over hord of bears he cant spin that much he will get dizzy, and he cant spin fast enough time after time to not allow the bears close the gap they will eventually close him all around and kill him , lets say he kills the first circly of bears ok? meanwhile they advance and close the gap , he did another spin killed another line ... slowly they advance and close the gap and it will be 4 bears around him, now if 4 bears will attack him at once there is no way for cyclops to spin and complete a 180 spin before 1 of the bears will injure him

and even if we leave all that aside he is a human he will get dizzy of spinning that much, and it was stated his energy is drained when heis using his blasts i doubt he can keep blasting 6 million bears thats too much

Silent Master
Why would slowly turning around make him dizzy?

TriviaGuy
Why would slowly turning around make him dizzy?

try to turn around slowly 20 times and you will see my point , and he will have to spin much more times than just 20, plus if he spins slowly they will close the gap very fast and kill him

vansonbee
Cyclops wins by via windmill.
http://www.doggshiphop.com/hip-hop/molino-windmill-breakdance.jpg

TriviaGuy
Lol i just imagined cyclops doing it while fighting 6 million bears

Silent Master
try to turn around slowly 20 times and you will see my point , and he will have to spin much more times than just 20, plus if he spins slowly they will close the gap very fast and kill him

Considering his blasts can easily travel 100 yards. do you know how much ground is covered by a single turn?

TriviaGuy
Considering his blasts can easily travel 100 yards. do you know how much ground is covered by a single turn?

do you know how much ground will 6 MILLION BEARS cover?

plus lets not forget the blasts can travel this far on air, but once they hit an object such as the body ofa bear its an obsticle which will probably kill the bear but stop his blast

Silent Master
His blasts have gone through trees, Sentinels and parts of mountains, I don't think bears are going to be a big deal...and again his blasts have a range of several hundred yards.

TriviaGuy
His blasts have gone through trees, Sentinels and parts of mountains, I don't think bears are going to be a big deal...and again his blasts have a range of several hundred yards.

and still 6 million bears is just too much, he wont be able to kill them all they will close on him and kill him i already explained how

dmills
He'd be overrun before long. Bears win by sheer attrition. His best chance would be clearing himself a path through one side and running like hell. Although they'd catch him in no time.

Silent Master
From what I've been able to look up, his blasts effective range is 2,000 feet, do you know how many bears would fit in a circle that has a 4,000 foot diameter?

CosmicComet
One bear is enough.

It will run its claws through the optic blast just like wolverine.

TriviaGuy
From what I've been able to look up, his blasts effective range is 2,000 feet, do you know how many bears would fit in a circle that has a 4,000 foot diameter?

as i stated before it can travel that far on air without any resistance, but once his blast will hit someone its resistance and it wont travel that far already, i know he shot sentinals and trees but still few bear bodies will stop his blast and his range will be far less than 2,000 feet , unless you can provide me some scan of him destroying a 2,000 feet wall of enemies ? i can shoot a rifle bullet through a tree , there are even bullets that penetrate metal .... but if you put lets say 10 people one after another the bullet probably will get stuck in the third person because each resisting obstacle will reduce its motion and stop it

ExodusCloak
He creates a ditch around him so the bears get stuck in a giant hole...and then kills them as they fill the hole.

CosmicComet
The bears will use their peak animal agility to jump over the ditch and get to him.

gg

Silent Master
as i stated before it can travel that far on air without any resistance, but once his blast will hit someone its resistance and it wont travel that far already, i know he shot sentinals and trees but still few bear bodies will stop his blast and his range will be far less than 2,000 feet , unless you can provide me some scan of him destroying a 2,000 feet wall of enemies ? i can shoot a rifle bullet through a tree , there are even bullets that penetrate metal .... but if you put lets say 10 people one after another the bullet probably will get stuck in the third person because each resisting obstacle will reduce its motion and stop it

Even if it's only 300 feet. that is still a circle 600 feet across, do you know how many bears can fit in a circle that big?

Hell, it only took him a couple seconds to do this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-Men/Blast3.jpg

Pic from Cyclops respect thread.

TriviaGuy
Even if it's only 300 feet. that is still a circle 600 feet across, do you know how many bears can fit in a circle that big?

Hell, it only took him a couple seconds to do this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-Men/Blast3.jpg

why would it even go 300 feet? its only speculations based on nothing, i say each blast takes out 2 lines of bears perhaps, do you know how many lines of bears are 6 millions? they will close the gap on him and kill him its too much bears, cyclops cant spin that much and probably cant shoot such an amount of blasts since it drains him, all those leads us to the conclusion cyclops just cant win

the scan doesnt work

Silent Master
It's blasted through dozens of feat of solid rock, hell that pic I posted has to be at least 100 feet through trees and it still had enough power to take out a Sentinel.

Saying he can blast 300 feet against bears is being very generous to the bears.

TriviaGuy
show me a scan of him blasting dozens of feat of solid rock.

i guess you posted the scan wher he takes out a sentinal and the trees? its not that big of an area, and its a joke compared to the area 6 million bears that comming at him will cover , as i said 3 reasons

1.bears will eventually close on him
2. he cant spin so much he will get dizzy
3. those powerful blasts drain his energy he has to recharge as was stated, we never saw cyclops doing those major blasts one after another so i think he can make only 1 of his massive blasts and has to recharge his energy for some time

Silent Master
It was when he was leading a group of Magneto's Acolytes through the Australian outback, after they escaped from Asteroid M.

And again, why would he get dizzy when he can slowly turn around...btw, why are we even assuming that the bears are surrounding him?

dmills
C'mon guys, its 6 millionbears.

DarkSaint85
Depends. Do the bears have prep?

Silent Master
Originally posted by dmills
C'mon guys, its 6 millionbears.

Which are in a confined space and can't dodge, the only way Cyclops loses is if he runs out of energy.

-Pr-
If Cyclops can get them in to some sort of bottleneck, or uses the environment to his advantage in some other way, he can definitely take it; he's smart enough. In a wide open field, it's going to be much harder though.

Silent Master
Originally posted by -Pr-
If Cyclops can get them in to some sort of bottleneck, or uses the environment to his advantage in some other way, he can definitely take it; he's smart enough. In a wide open field, it's going to be much harder though.

I thought fights took place in a general arena if no location was specified?

StyleTime
Cyclops blasts a hole in the ground and jumps into it. He removes his visor and stares up into sky. All the bears die as they stupidly try to jump down the hole.

Vorpal Ruin

After hours of computations, I feel that I have found the correct, exact number: 3. Three bears can fit in the allotted space. Debate may now proceed with the facts being known.

Uriel005
not fast enough if they are all around him and attack him at once he will get injured , also he wont be able to spin too much since he will get dizzy lets not forget he is a human after all, plus it was stated cyclops drains his energy when he is using his optic blasts so he cant blast for too long and 6 million bears is too much , but as i said before it depends on the position ... if they are all in front of him he can take it with some good full power blasts in theory but the question is can cyclops keep doing those full power blasts one after another? Cyclops optic blast is constantly on.... he doesn't seem to have a problem with it other than the fact that he can't turn it off.... Hence the reason why he wears his lampcover.

-Pr-
There's a problem with consistency there. They used to say that his glasses/visor absorbed the energy, yet they still said that if he took it off, he could fire continuously for about fifteen minutes or something.

the most common (or practical) explanation nowadays seems to be that it actually reflects the blast back at him, creating an energy loop that keeps him fully charged.

TheLordofMurder
This is spite; 6 million grizzly bears are just far, far, too many for Cyclops to deal with...

They eventually get to him and rip him apart...

Silent Master
There's a problem with consistency there. They used to say that his glasses/visor absorbed the energy, yet they still said that if he took it off, he could fire continuously for about fifteen minutes or something.

the most common (or practical) explanation nowadays seems to be that it actually reflects the blast back at him, creating an energy loop that keeps him fully charged.

Even 15 minutes of blasting time should be plenty, seeing as it only took a few seconds for his GOML blast.

All he'd need to do it wait until the bears get close and then blast for a few seconds, wait for the next wave to get close and blast again.

peejayd

* then why in the blue hell will Cyke spin in only one direction? of course, anyone who's anyone will get dizzy! he can spin clockwise twice, then counter-clockwise twice, then repeat if necessary... try it and see if you'll get dizzy even after doing it for 20 times!

* oh, and Cyke's not stupid either... stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Cyke fares far better than that bum Logan.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by vansonbee
Cyclops wins by via windmill.
http://www.doggshiphop.com/hip-hop/molino-windmill-breakdance.jpg

Cyclops ftw.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mistersinister84/funny/molino-windmill-breakdance-1.jpg

CosmicComet
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Bears win.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by quanchi112
Bears win.
The bears can't even win the Super Bowl, much less this fight against windmilling Cyclops.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mistersinister84/funny/molino-windmill-breakdance-1.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
The bears can't even win the Super Bowl, much less this fight against windmilling Cyclops.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mistersinister84/funny/molino-windmill-breakdance-1.jpg 1985. Not only did they win they wrapped about winning months before being in the sbowl. Consider yourself served.

Prep-Man
Cyclops ftw.

Hahaha!

Eternal Idol
1985. Not only did they win they wrapped about winning months before being in the sbowl. Consider yourself served.

Stop living in the past.

psycho gundam
If Cyclops can get them in to some sort of bottleneck, or uses the environment to his advantage in some other way, he can definitely take it; he's smart enough. In a wide open field, it's going to be much harder though. 6 million

quanchi112
Stop living in the past. No one has won the sbowl this year so to refer back to any sbowl I have to reference the past. LOL. Just do a little nfl research.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by psycho gundam
6 million

q68-eyzK6Xs

+

=

http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/thum_896148d5a8c1b337d.jpg x (6 x 106)

psycho gundam
smh

Bentley
If the bears play it right, they block the sun and Cyclops runs out of energy.

Eternal Idol
No one has won the sbowl this year so to refer back to any sbowl I have to reference the past. LOL. Just do a little nfl research.

Yeah, alright, they won...

... 26 years ago. w00term

q68-eyzK6Xs

+

=

http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting/thum_896148d5a8c1b337d.jpg x (6 x 106)

peejayd
* Cyke versus 6 million bears?

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5093/cykebigblast.jpg

* piece of cake... smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
If the bears play it right, they block the sun and Cyclops runs out of energy.

i can just see themselves stacking up in some sort of uber triangle.

DarkSaint85
i can just see themselves stacking up in some sort of uber triangle.

Scans?

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Blight
Drop of blood, only gunning for Cyke, yadda yadda. Twice as many as Logan faced.

Who wins? Check your math.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442145

Sr J-Bieb
Are the bears allowed to use their optic blasts or are they just confined to h2h?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by peejayd
* Cyke versus 6 million bears?

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5093/cykebigblast.jpg

* piece of cake... smile let's assume there are 200 trees in that picture (could more like 100 cause it's not certain the tops of those broken trees are not simply piled up next to the still upright ones), it would take another 30,000 "get off my lawn" blasts for him to win with that if the bears run at him in that pattern.

remake297
dude thats 6 million.... you know how many that is 6 million? you know for how long cyclops will have to blast wave after wave of bears? 6 million is way too many its unrealistic for even the entire x-men to defeat 6 million bears, hell even 6 million humans would own him 10/10 and this is 6 million bears we are talking about here

Silent Master
let's assume there are 200 trees in that picture (could more like 100 cause it's not certain the tops of those broken trees are not simply piled up next to the still upright ones), it would take another 30,000 "get off my lawn" blasts for him to win with that if the bears run at him in that pattern.

I think destroying/uprooting a tree would take far more energy than ko/killing a bear.

Digi
It's very hard to conceptualize 6 million. For reference, I was at an event one time that, at it's peak, was 1.2 million people in an open field. Even before its peak, with estimates still under a million, I could look in literally any direction and there were people as far as I could see. It was humbling and kind of shocking.

I don't care what Cyclops does. Some of them get through, eventually they overwhelm him.

Silent Master
Assuming the 15 minute number is accurate for the length of time Scott can fire his blast before running out of energy. all he'd have to do is walk/jog forward while firing and he'd clear around a mile of space.

That should take care of a rather large chuck of the 6 million bears.

Blight
Assuming the 15 minute number is accurate for the length of time Scott can fire his blast before running out of energy. all he'd have to do is walk/jog forward while firing and he'd clear around a mile of space.

That should take care of a rather large chuck of the 6 million bears. I'm pretty sure his beams are not infinite.

remake297
I think destroying/uprooting a tree would take far more energy than ko/killing a bear.

it doesnt matter because at that scan we saw the area his blast can cover, if you look at the scan the trees that at the end of it remain all safe so this scan shows us the limitation of the area his full blast can cover and if we look at the scan there we can see at best he maybe took down 100 trees with the area, thats still a small area compared to the one 6 million bears can cover

now seriously guys this is 6 million Lol any logical being just by trying to imagine actual 6 million bears would tell you they murder cyclops its way too much

Silent Master
Originally posted by Blight
I'm pretty sure his beams are not infinite.

Where exactly did I say or imply that they were?

remake297

That should take care of a rather large chuck of the 6 million bears.

if he just walks he gets eaten, the bears will surround him all around and be comming from all directions if he will try to just walk they tear him apart from all directions

cyclops can do one thing here, he blast the ground all around him in a circle making a tunnel deep enough and wide enough to not allow the bears bypass it , then when the bears just cant reach him they are nothing but targets... but it will take very very long time for cyclops to kill them all specially if he needs to rest every 15 minutes.. i would say it will take him days and perhaps weeks of just shooting them and eventually cyclops will die without any food or water and the bears still win its just unreal to fight 6 million its an unrealistic number to fight

snowdragon
6 million is brutal but I can say that if he could get his back to a mountain and cut a huge trench in a semi circle then say a huge swath in front of him of dead animals it would take a LONG LONG time to ready him over the corpses and his trench.

Eventually I'd bet the bears would forget about him rather then starve and eat the dead he left behind and make an " easy escape for himsmile

Silent Master
Originally posted by remake297
if he just walks he gets eaten, the bears will surround him all around and be comming from all directions if he will try to just walk they tear him apart from all directions

cyclops can do one thing here, he blast the ground all around him in a circle making a tunnel deep enough and wide enough to not allow the bears bypass it , then when the bears just cant reach him they are nothing but targets... but it will take very very long time for cyclops to kill them all specially if he needs to rest every 15 minutes.. i would say it will take him days and perhaps weeks of just shooting them and eventually cyclops will die without any food or water and the bears still win its just unreal to fight 6 million its an unrealistic number to fight

If they try and surround him, all he has to do is turn his head.

Blight
6 million is a lot.

remake297
If they try and surround him, all he has to do is turn his head.

if 4 bears at the same time attack him from all directions he cant shoot all 4 at the same time he is no superman he gets killed

JakeTheBank
What if Cyclops does his hyper combo?

remake297
like in "x-men: next dimension"?

JakeTheBank
Like in Marvel vs. Capcom.

http://doctorwendigo.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/cyclops-megaopticblast.gif?w=298&h=180

Silent Master
if 4 bears at the same time attack him from all directions he cant shoot all 4 at the same time he is no superman he gets killed

Tell me more about these ninja bears.

Blight
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What if Cyclops does his hyper combo? The one you can direct or the big one?

ozz81
cyclops can win if he keeps distance he shud use his laser beams continuously or constantly rather than single bursts to defeat bears.

snowdragon
Once he lays down a field of carnage in front him he buys time to get to better ground

rotiart
If... Cyclops runs inside a room...with only one entrance...And the bears enter through that entry... Then you end uP with a plug made of bears... And any bears coming down that hall get killed... Course cake might just pass out from plan exhaustion:

janus77
Unless the bears start off encircling him. I think he stands a good chance in most environments.

1) OB a huge trench almost 360 degrees around him, leaving a thin sliver of a path for bears to approach and/or him to escape.

2) blast a section of the bears, maybe killing up to a 10,000ft depth at a time (if each bear is roughly 1' thick by 1.5' wide and they're packed together, then they would form a wall/circle 6M' deep by 9M' circumference. 10,000ft deep by 100ft wide = approx 10,000*66 bears = 660,000 bears per focussed OB.

3) thin re- OB the trench so that all the fallen are killed or set ablaze... creating a 'ring of fire' with the fallen bears.

I think Cyclops would eventually win.

remake297
Tell me more about these ninja bears.

tell me more about super speed cyclops that can shoot bears comming at him from all directions at the same time

DarkSaint85
tell me more about super speed cyclops that can shoot bears comming at him from all directions at the same time

It happens when he hits level 3 or more.

remake297
Originally posted by rotiart
If... Cyclops runs inside a room...with only one entrance...And the bears enter through that entry... Then you end uP with a plug made of bears... And any bears coming down that hall get killed... Course cake might just pass out from plan exhaustion:

Lol so cyclops is going to deal with 6 million bears 1 at a time??? he will run out of energy or die without no food or water can you imagine how much time it will take him to fight off 6 million bears like that

remake297
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It happens when he hits level 3 or more.

ha?

Misfit Justice
wouldn't cyclops just be able to cook up a bear once he takes one out? i'm sure if he figues out a way to keep the bears bottlenecked in a contained fashion, he'll just be rackin up the bear pelts. don't know bout the water though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Misfit Justice
wouldn't cyclops just be able to cook up a bear once he takes one out? i'm sure if he figues out a way to keep the bears bottlenecked in a contained fashion, he'll just be rackin up the bear pelts. don't know bout the water though.

He dies from constipation and scurvy brought upon by his high protein diet.

On the other hand, he dies looking like a pimp.

remake297
Originally posted by Misfit Justice

his blasts are enrgy not heat blasts he cant cook up a bear if he will try to eat uncooked bear he will die of stomach poisoning, and he still wont get water unless he can drink there blood instead of water.

Silent Master

Cyclops doesn't need superpseed in order to turn his head.

Now, tell me more of these ninja bears.

dmills
I get that comics require the willing suspension of disbelief and all of that. But if you think Cyclops beats 6 million grizzly bears sans extremely favorable conditions then you prolly read too many comics.

Mshinu
The standard setting is extremely favorable to Cyclops. He blasts the dumb bears off his lawn, all of them.

Also Scott is a master strategist, no way he will eat undercooked bear.

bornbayou
At first, it seems like a spite thread, but actually, it might even be spite toward the bear. Cyclops took off his visor and shout, few seconds later, at least a thousand bears within 130 degree are pulverized.

Do this for months, then all bears are gone.

Blight
Originally posted by bornbayou
At first, it seems like a spite thread, but actually, it might even be spite toward the bear. Cyclops took off his visor and shout, few seconds later, at least a thousand bears within 130 degree are pulverized.

Do this for months, then all bears are gone.
Has it stated he can go for months shooting? How much can he shoot before he tires?

bornbayou
Has it stated he can go for months shooting? How much can he shoot before he tires?

I don't think he can endure a full blast for more than 15 minutes. I didn't see other statement in the first post, but that's one way he might uses.

remake297
Cyclops doesn't need superpseed in order to turn his head.

Now, tell me more of these ninja bears.

so wait a second... you are telling me that if the bears close him in because that will happen and there will be 4 bears all around him and they try to cut him at the same time he will be able to turn his head 360 faster that the 4 of them attack him at the same time? tell me more about superman cyclops

remake297

15 minutes is his limit as stated

Silent Master
Unless the bears are bloodlusted, they're very likely to run away from Cyke after the first few seconds of his blast, which will give him time to rest and recharge.

And if they're bloodlusted, they'll just chrage head first into his beams, which just means even more bears die within the 15 minutes of his blast.

Blight
Well then after 15 minutes (maybe more, as I imagine hell be rationing), he tires and the other 5 million bears he didn't wack close in and take him out. People are underestimating the amount of bears he is facing here.

bornbayou
Bear at that amount would filled up the horizon, so I would conclude that Cyclops gets rip apart horribly.

Perhaps no other X-men characters could beat that much amount, except for Phoenix and Wolverine, maybe.

Blight
About 2 million people would fill up the horizon for a humans eye. Bears take up about 6 times more space than a human.

CosmicComet
Is the standard setting even going to allow for Cyke to create a trench or anything like that?

I thought the standard setting was featureless and indestructible?

janus77
nope, that's just East London.

janus77
But yes, I think a trench should be do-able. His OB can punch through enough earth to fit tens of thousands of grizzlies, whilst he creates a narrow path for him to walk on, and attack the bears coming at him.

All he needs to do then is just make sure that he creates more holes and trenches in the landscape to stall and/or prevent the bears from encircling him.

So long as he can reduce their angle of attack, he can nullify the huge advantage their numbers should give them.

Either that or he OBs a really huge pit and then uses smaller blasts to bounces the bears into one another and into the 'pocket'... wink

Silent Master
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Is the standard setting even going to allow for Cyke to create a trench or anything like that?

Wouldn't the ground being indestructible make it kind of hard for people like Rictor or Terra to use their powers?

Blight
Originally posted by janus77
But yes, I think a trench should be do-able. His OB can punch through enough earth to fit tens of thousands of grizzlies, whilst he creates a narrow path for him to walk on, and attack the bears coming at him.

All he needs to do then is just make sure that he creates more holes and trenches in the landscape to stall and/or prevent the bears from encircling him.

So long as he can reduce their angle of attack, he can nullify the huge advantage their numbers should give them.

Either that or he OBs a really huge pit and then uses smaller blasts to bounces the bears into one another and into the 'pocket'... wink is that something he'd do with cis turned on in the heat of the moment?

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Make the setting in a woods in Canada, than.

I can do that, because I'm the Op. big grin

Blight
Make the setting in a woods in Canada, than.

I can do that, because I'm the Op. big grin
Now the bears are in there natural setting and Scott has to battle hypothermia as well?

Badabing
I'm thinking Blight should be in charge of making these threads...mmm

Silent Master
Now Scott has places to hide and rest.

Blight
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm thinking Blight should be in charge of making these threads...mmm
You know how to make a girl blush love

Scott takes a rest and will come to find bears have extremely good noses for hunting...

janus77
Now the bears are in there natural setting and Scott has to battle hypothermia as well?
even easier for Cyclops now. He OBs the trees down and they form lots of small obstacles for the bears to overcome, hindering their attack even more.

He then makes a huge trench, OBs lots of trees into kindle that falls into the trench, then waits for the bears to start falling in.

Then he uses a couple of sticks to start a fire and boom! bear bake off.

Badabing
You know how to make a girl blush love

Scott takes a rest and will come to find bears have extremely good noses for hunting... durlove

nutnut

1eye

janus77
he can answer a question that's been puzzling me for years: does a bear shit in the woods?

I always thought they used port-a-loos, but I've never been to bear country, so ...

Blight
even easier for Cyclops now. He OBs the trees down and they form lots of small obstacles for the bears to overcome, hindering their attack even more.

He then makes a huge trench, OBs lots of trees into kindle that falls into the trench, then waits for the bears to start falling in.

Then he uses a couple of sticks to start a fire and boom! bear bake off.
Janus cyclops is badass!

Blight
durlove

nutnut

1eye eek! rolling on floor laughing laughing one eye

Badabing
eek! rolling on floor laughing laughing one eye We may have to stop the forums again. biscuits

janus77
Janus cyclops is badass! cool

is there a Cyclops emoticon?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Blight Scott takes a rest and will come to find bears have extremely good noses for hunting...

With millions of different scents in the area, finding Scott's will be very difficult if not impossible, besides all he has to do is find/make a cave, collapse the front and blast a small air vent and they'll never be able to get to him.

Badabing
cool

is there a Cyclops emoticon? durclops

CosmicComet
Wouldn't the ground being indestructible make it kind of hard for people like Rictor or Terra to use their powers?

No.

The ground would simply have auto regen. big grin

Blight
With millions of different scents in the area, finding Scott's will be very difficult if not impossible, besides all he has to do is find/make a cave, collapse the front and blast a small air vent and they'll never be able to get to him.

They can differentiate different scents. It's safe to assume they know his, since they've already tasted his blood.

bornbayou
Will The Hulk or even Galactus could survive that sheer numbers? Even among the experienced hunters, bears are incredibly hard to kill even with high cal rifle. Let alone, 6 million, each can took numerous shots from 50 cal + blood lusted

Blight
Is it 16 million? That would be even worse!!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dmills
I get that comics require the willing suspension of disbelief and all of that. But if you think Cyclops beats 6 million grizzly bears sans extremely favorable conditions then you prolly read too many comics. AND cyclops killing something (not alien or robot) is going to effect his performance

bornbayou
Is it 16 million? That would be even worse!!

Typo, just edited it stick out tongue

janus77
durclops
durclopsdurclopsdurclops
bye bye bears!

Happy Dance

Silent Master
They can differentiate different scents. It's safe to assume they know his, since they've already tasted his blood.

A single drop of blood isn't enough for 6 million bears to get his scent, however, even if it was, can you prove that bears can find his scent when surrounded by millions of others?

janus77
AND cyclops killing something (not alien or robot) is going to effect his performance
they're bears... barely alive really, more or less mobile coat racks.

Blight
A single drop of blood isn't enough for 6 million bears to get his scent, however, even if it was, can you prove that bears can find his scent when surrounded by millions of others? can you disprove it? A bear can find prey despite another bears presence. I dunno about a million others, but I'm pretty sure the burden is on you, dude.

janus77
you know, I think the methane concentration resulting from 6 million bears would ... probably put an end to all 6 million + Cyclops.

bear farts for the win?

Blight
you know, I think the methane concentration resulting from 6 million bears would ... probably put an end to all 6 million + Cyclops.

bear farts for the win?
I was actually thinking a different thing along the same lines.

If Scott killed say 1 million bears... That's 1 million maggot infested carrion particles swarming the air.

janus77
ooh, he could wipe out Caneda!
hmm, dunno how I feel about that ... Shania Twain ... Celine Dion... Shania Twain ... confused

it'd take a day or two for the bodies to start rotting though, and Cyclops only needs to last 15mins for the thread.

Also, Cyclops is incredibly accurate with his OBs and can 'bounce' them off of various surfaces so, he could blind several thousand bears with a series of ricochetting blasts and then watch as they claw and attack each other... would definitely retard the bear threat.

Silent Master
can you disprove it? A bear can find prey despite another bears presence. I dunno about a million others, but I'm pretty sure the burden is on you, dude.

You're claiming that their sense of smell is good enough to pinpoint his out of over 6 million other scents, that means the burden is on you.

Blight
I tend to just assume they have his scent when the op states "each is given a drop of his blood".

Even in the context that they couldn't find his scent, th still have 6 million bears for him to hide from. 6 million snarling angry bears whose soul purpose is to kill cyclops. This isn't bears vs cyclops and each other or cyclops in Canada trying to hide for such in such time. This is Cyclops vs. 6 million bears who have been given a drop of his blood.

the ninjak
GTFOML across the entire field.

The bears go flying no matter how many there are.

He builds a wall of unconscious/dead bears around him that make it impossible for the rest to get over.

He wins no probs.

CosmicComet
Why would a GOML blast even work on a bear?

It's not a shitty ass sentinel. ITS A BEARRR.

Silent Master
I tend to just assume they have his scent when the op states "each is given a drop of his blood".

Even in the context that they couldn't find his scent, th still have 6 million bears for him to hide from. 6 million snarling angry bears whose soul purpose is to kill cyclops. This isn't bears vs cyclops and each other or cyclops in Canada trying to hide for such in such time. This is Cyclops vs. 6 million bears who have been given a drop of his blood.

It says drop of blood, as in one drop; not each bear gets a drop of blood....seeing as that would kill Scott before the match even starts.

BTW, you still haven't proven that bears can pinpoint a specific scent when it's surrounded by over 6 million others.

Blight
It says drop of blood, as in one drop; not each bear gets a drop of blood....seeing as that would kill Scott before the match even starts.

BTW, you still haven't proven that bears can pinpoint a specific scent when it's surrounded by over 6 million others.
That's literally an impossible thing to prove or disprove since it hasn't and can't be tested.

As I previously stated, even could they not find him (which I believe they could), he would still have to contend with more bears than you're giving the thread credit for.

The goml scan shown would take out maybe 2,000 bears. He's got a long ways to go.

Blight
By the by, on the drop of blood:

You realize this is a variation on an old thread I had made, right? The op states "drop of blood, yadda yadda". If its anything like my old thread, they've each been given a drop of his blood. So unless you want to clarify it with the op, I was safe in assuming each had a drop.

Silent Master
That's literally an impossible thing to prove or disprove since it hasn't and can't be tested.

So stop saying that they can track Scott.

The GOML blast took at best a few seconds, plus being in a forest gives Scott options like caves, rivers, cliffs etc etc, that he can take advantage of to allow him to get away/hide/rest.

Blight
So stop saying that they can track Scott.

The GOML blast took at best a few seconds, plus being in a forest gives Scott options like caves, rivers, cliffs etc etc, that he can take advantage of to allow him to get away/hide/rest.

They can find him. That's the point.

Silent Master
They can find him. That's the point.

How?

ExodusCloak
They end up trampling each other...then some get hungry and start eating the dead.

DarkSaint85
I hear that the bears can smell the menstruation.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
They end up trampling each other...then some get hungry and start eating the dead.

Good point, they can't exactly coordinate their actions.

ExodusCloak
Good point, they can't exactly coordinate their actions.

Even humans in large crowds end up trampling each other by accident. What chance do bears have.

Blight
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Even humans in large crowds end up trampling each other by accident. What chance do bears have.
About as much as Scott has in hiding.

Silent Master
About as much as Scott has in hiding.

Why wont he be able to hide?

Blight
Why wont he be able to hide?
Theyd find him, silly.

Silent Master
Theyd find him, silly.