Kratos vs Dante best 2/3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
Round 1

Strength and Durability equalized to Kratos level

Round 2

Movement Speed Equalized to Dante Level

Round 3

Normal stats for both, Dante Get's all of Kratos weapons and abilities from all games, Kratos Get's all of Dante's abilities from all games.

BloodRain
1. Basically Kratos vs faster Kratos. Speaks for itself.
Dante.

2. Due to his reactions, speed increase doesnt really add a whole lot to the battle. Besides, Dante still has boosts and time powers.
Dante.. or tie /shrugs.

3. Perks Dant gets: Soul grabbing chains, AoE stomp thingie and the BoO.
Perks Kratos gets: Shadow clone, hyper-cutting blade, power boost blade, lightning speed blade, strength boosting gauntlets, power boosting DT, defence that absorbs attacks into power or health and time powers thatll make Dante's Mach 15 dash look like a humans jogging speed.
Unless Dante gets a hit in with the BoO, the supercharged Kratos takes it.

1.5/3 each~

Hanaoka
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Normal stats for both, Dante Get's all of Kratos weapons and abilities from all games, Kratos Get's all of Dante's abilities from all games.

You can't compare a guy who killed a Gods and Heroes with a guy who killed a dog and a whore.

Kratos own.
Whoever says Dante is better,
Just wanna tell you, Kratos killed a Giant statue in the beginning of GoW 2 while Dante fights a Giant Statue at the very last of DMC 4.

See the difference ?

BloodRain
Cept that the Savior would crush the statue of Rhodes effortlessly.

Savior's /fist/ is is a quarter the size of Rhodes... who they fight doesn't mean much though.

TheGoldenSpy
If the colossus can make kratos struggle, its much stronger than the savior.

BloodRain
Rhodes hasnt got a feat that puts him physically near Kratos. The only thing close is 'press button to escape grip', but that happens to nearly any foe so unless the tiny enemies are also up there, Rhodes has no strength feat.

TheGoldenSpy
Maybe , but it accidently destroyed a large bridge.

A full force punch from savior barely dented the ground.

BloodRain
Cos Dante intercepted it. Evident as Savior is shown easily punching through giant chunks of rock beforehand.

Rhodes was knocked stunned when its hollow hand was thrown (and not that fast) at its head.

NemeBro
1. Kratos still has the superior reaction-time to Dante. Slight edge to Kratos.

2. Takes away Dante's only notable advantage, and time slows have been shown to be less effective on Kratos. Kratos tears him in half.

3. So basically Kratos with more broken equipment. Lol. Kratos.

TheGoldenSpy
Time being frozen barely slows kratos like....less than a split second.

@bloodrain

The colossus was also cracking the arena floor during the final phase. The savior would win, but I think physically they are equal despite colossus being smaller.

NemeBro
You know of that feat?

I am, like, shocked. mmm

TheGoldenSpy
Well, i was the only one clever enough to realize it afterall....

CosmicComet
Well, i was the only one clever enough to realize it afterall....

credit where its due for stating it first, like, a couple of years ago.

but that only happened because i never personally owned God of War 2 and never saw that part when I played it at a friend's house.
estahuh

NemeBro
I just sort of forgot.

TheGoldenSpy
........riiiiiight

BloodRain
O.o I've seen that section. He's not slowed down by a time stop, he's slowed down by a slow down. We can see that the flames, some pulsing thing(til he breaks it) and, when he rings it, the huge bells all still moving in the green hue. Other things may be aesthetic, but the bells say time was moving at 1/3 normal speed.

TheGoldenSpy
The pillars he uses to slam the bells are completly frozen, and god knows how long they were that way, and as soon as he breaks the time crystal they fall and hit the bells, not to mention that the green hue is the same as when kratos activates the amulet.

It looks like a far more potent time stop than what dante can offer bro.

BloodRain
Yet the bells still move, and must be moved to advance. Also sure the phoenix flew through part of the area with no effect, and does the waters splash on Kratos' entry (cutscene, not gameplay).

Not if the bells toll. And unlike his CH and QS, the BoT freezes time completely.

TheGoldenSpy
Yet the pillars don't at all, proving that time is stopped, and I dont remember the bells moving without kratos touching them. Water is rediculous nitpicking, pheonix never goes inside the temple and bangle of time has never been seen in cutscenes.

Face it bro, dante cant use cheap tricks against kratos.

CosmicComet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS3qAnovMac&feature=related
^5:44 to whatever.

The bells don't move at all.

Only after time is restored can Kratos actually move them, via the swinging the suspended pillar things.

Phoenix doesn't go inside of it, Kratos jumps from it, and it sort of disappears into thin air through the mist.

The amulet of fate has a completely different function. It only works when a fates statue is nearby and has to be manually activated, and, it does not stop time. Merely slow it, so some puzzles can be finished. And Kratos himself is able to move at normal speed while it is activated.

On the other hand, Kratos is deliberately slowed while he's walking through the palace of the fates until he destroys that time crystal thing.

The only thing actually moving that kratos' body isn't interacting with directly is the light shining from that crystal, and even those are slowed to a crawl, seeing as you see them speed up for a split second after you break the crystal.

TheGoldenSpy
And the light from the crystal can be explained by the fact that its the magical source of the damn effect.

BloodRain
Phoeniz is still in the green. The water wouldn't splash like that either, but that's not important.

And aye, they do. Can clearly see it moving, in time with the tolls no less, and again with the other bell.

TheGoldenSpy
Thats the amulets effect, were talking about when he first enters.

CosmicComet
That's not time stop.

Kratos has already destroyed the time stop crystal in those moments.

What he's doing there is activating the Fates Amulet, which slows down time while Kratos moves at the same speed. You need this for puzzle solving, which is what he's doing there.

As for the water, already said one can write if off because it was directly interacting with Kratos' body.

Notice that in the video I posted, while time is stopped the water itself doesn't even shimmer or move unless kratos is swimming or jumping through it? When the time is restored, you can see that the pool of water is suddenly moving and shimmering again.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
Phoeniz is still in the green. The water wouldn't splash like that either, but that's not important.

And aye, they do. Can clearly see it moving, in time with the tolls no less, and again with the other bell.

Look at the video CC posted. That's the time-stop. Or at least a Time-slowdown where Light being absorbed by the crystal itself moves slower than Kratos.

NemeBro
Obviously what we should take from this is that Kratos is signifigantly faster than light.

TheGoldenSpy
Oh btw the pheonix doesnt go inside the green time bubble.

Nope.exe nice try bloodrain...

BloodRain
Whatever Kratos touches is unaffected by the time-lag, even if the water wasnt touching Kratos and was in the air by the time he was under?

Is this based off the pillar not moving? Because the pillar doesnt move for before or after the crystals broken. Same effect on the pillar, movements the same, same fire flickering and same water effects. So whats the difference?

Also, wouldnt this only count for Fate time powers? Seeing as has possession of a time related Fate amulet.

no expression Chill son.

TheGoldenSpy
They would have to treat water as a solid floor, thats stupid and not important

If the piller doesnt move why did it hit the bell when he broke it? smile

No. , time is universal, It counts.

U mad bro?

NemeBro
Guys, it's settled, Kratos is FTL.

BloodRain
They would have to treat water as a solid floor, thats stupid and not important

If the piller doesnt move why did it hit the bell when he broke it? smile

No. , time is universal, It counts.

U mad bro?
If time had stopped either the water wouldnt have spash and only be moved out of the way or the all the water would be normal. Even throwing iut all the unknowns the water wouldnt splash.

You just gave the answer in your post.. the crystal broke, time was normal and the pillar moved. Point?

Just dont go into your rage mode here, yeah?

Demonic Phoenix
Whatever Kratos touches is unaffected by the time-lag, even if the water wasnt touching Kratos and was in the air by the time he was under?

Is this based off the pillar not moving? Because the pillar doesnt move for before or after the crystals broken. Same effect on the pillar, movements the same, same fire flickering and same water effects. So whats the difference?

Also, wouldnt this only count for Fate time powers? Seeing as has possession of a time related Fate amulet.

no expression Chill son.

Same reason Dante's clothes don't burn up every time he moves at hypersonic speeds. Or does he no longer move that fast simply because a minor detail wasn't addressed?

What fire?
Differences are that Kratos is slowed down himself, and he cannot move anything at all except the crystal, and it is a permanent time effect. So like I said, either a time-stop, or a time-slowdown where Light is moving at a crawl.

Amulet is not stated to give resistance to Time-powers. Just stated to give the ability to slow Time down to a crawl when a Fates Statue is present.

TheGoldenSpy
Before he breaks it, the pillar is suspended up in the air, after he breakes the crystal it just hangs.

If time had stopped water would technically be solid and wouldnt budge. The splash really is just nitpicking.

Dont have to here wink

NemeBro
Seeing BloodRain feebly try to disprove this is funny.

"BUT THE WATER RIPPLED WHEN KRATOS TOUCHED IT D:"

Give me a ****ing break. I guess Savior is obviously only as heavy as Dante because Dante wasn't sent flying by his punch.

TheGoldenSpy
Yeah, he does a good job of hiding his inner fanboy most of the time but its really showing here. But who isnt guilty of that once in a while?

CosmicComet
no need for any hostilities gentlemen >.>

TheGoldenSpy
Of all the people who should say that...

CosmicComet
That's exactly why it means something. Since I have to put work into being hostile. A lot. 11 posts worth of a lot. >_>

BloodRain
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Same reason Dante's clothes don't burn up every time he moves at hypersonic speeds. Or does he no longer move that fast simply because a minor detail wasn't addressed?

What fire?
Differences are that Kratos is slowed down himself, and he cannot move anything at all except the crystal, and it is a permanent time effect. So like I said, either a time-stop, or a time-slowdown where Light is moving at a crawl.

Amulet is not stated to give resistance to Time-powers. Just stated to give the ability to slow Time down to a crawl when a Fates Statue is present.
Eh, already said it ps not important.

The lit flames, think theres two of em.
I posted clips of his movement before and after, seems to move the same.

Youd say its a coincidence that his time/fate amulet has nothing to do with
the time/fate effect around him?

Nerme: Yeah, already said the water thing aint as imoortsnt as the rest... Its actually on this very page. .___.

Unrelated but the Savior never hit Dante anywhere but down.

Spy: So the pilla was in a fixed position before, not sure what youre getting at with this.

Dont rage and I wont have to.

CosmicComet
I see no flames.

And again, look at the water in my video. It is not shimmering or moving at all while time is stopped, and then when the crystal is broken the water is very noticeably moving and shifting under normal time.

BloodRain
Thingie he targets to get up on the ledge. May be poor res but it certainly looks like it. Well yeah the water looks normal then, but its back to the same when its activated again.

CosmicComet
that's not fire.

that's just a gameplay marker for things you can latch on to.

BloodRain
No no, inside the the lock-on effect.... think Ill check later when on comp >~>

If it is, does it always look like that? Remembering it differently.

NemeBro
Aren't all the grappling indicators like that?

TheGoldenSpy
Good lord, Bloodrain why do you think the pillar is in a fixed position? Up in thin air smile

Btw i think kratos could not move the pillar or the bell before he breakes the crystal or the lever that turns the platform, but he can when he uses the amulet. Thats why its different.

Dude just play that section again. Your gonna answer your own questions.

TheGoldenSpy
Just confirmed something. Under the effects of the crystal, the pillar used to ring the bells is completly frozen and its suspended right next to the bell, the only thing holding it up there is time being stopped, it cannot move period. Under the effect of the amulate if you swing the pillar before hand and then activate the amulate it does move slowly. Case closed. wink

BloodRain
Originally posted by NemeBro
Aren't all the grappling indicators like that?
.....Most likely, can't recall those small details in GoW. Meh point anyhow.

Spy dude, no angst..

Just confirmed something. Under the effects of the crystal, the pillar used to ring the bells is completly frozen and its suspended right next to the bell, the only thing holding it up there is time being stopped, it cannot move period. Under the effect of the amulate if you swing the pillar before hand and then activate the amulate it does move slowly.

Not sure what the amulet has to do with this.. unless you mean the thing he does after breaking the crystal?

And what DP said reminded me of something; If the first one is different to the second, then it can't be a time-stop nor a time-slowdown. Can't be a time-stop as the light energy was moving in slow motion compared to its real speed , meaning its a slow-mo effect. Though it can't really be that either as the pillars don't move at all, contradicting itself.

If Kratos was inside with the Phoenix outside, I think you'll agree that due to the speed difference the phoenix would vanish instantly, not slowly fade away with the same movement speed.

May also need a calc consultant for a strength feat :I

NemeBro
What feat.

Nephthys
I'm amazed Nemebro hasn't called anyone a 'sad, feeble-minded faggotron' for supporting Dante yet.

awegimp

NemeBro
When have I ever don that, sir?

Nephthys
Today, 01:17 AM.

BloodRain
Cronos, his top one. Thought Id try put a figure on it... result dun feel right though..

NemeBro
Well it is hard to quantify.

Keep in mind this is a guy who has been carrying a fortress on his back for hundreds, maybe thousands of years.

... Kratos overpowered one of Atlas's arms in Chains of Olympus.

BloodRain
Already got the numbers for the temple, will post when I find my comp. Can confirm now though that Kratos is in fact the /worst/ rock climber of any character I know of >__>

Couldnt find the arm thing in my 14 second search, link?

NemeBro
... Maybe later... Tired.

But it happens during the Persephone fight, when a throne chain forces back and ensnares Atlas's hand, chaining it to the world.

RE: Blaxican
Tired from doing what? You have no life.

NemeBro
Ask your mother.

RE: Blaxican
S-she told me she was going skiing in Tahoe. sad

NemeBro
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

BloodRain
Only saw Atlas slam his hands up to the "world". The timing looks like it but you can tell as the the chain doesnt actually pull on his wrist. Besides, it was with the gauntlet that was made to "bind the Titsns to the very walls of Tartarus" not even gonna question the mumbo that made that thing work.

Also have a half.. quarter baked Atlas figure. Not that itd be needed, just wanted to complete the set.

Demonic Phoenix
So like I said, either a time-stop, or a time-slowdown where Light is moving at a crawl.

Not sure what the amulet has to do with this.. unless you mean the thing he does after breaking the crystal?

And what DP said reminded me of something; If the first one is different to the second, then it can't be a time-stop nor a time-slowdown. Can't be a time-stop as the light energy was moving in slow motion compared to its real speed , meaning its a slow-mo effect. Though it can't really be that either as the pillars don't move at all, contradicting itself.

I wasn't talking about the amulet though. I was talking about the time effect in place when Kratos first arrived.

It's really only different in that one is permanent and induced by that crystal, while the other is temporary and induced by the amulet. As far as I can tell, the time-stop/slowdown is the same for both, but because the latter isn't permanent, once Kratos tries to move a pillar or lever, the time-effect just vanishes for whatever reason, likely gameplay ones.

BloodRain
First part was to Spy.

Thinking about it it has to be the same as both (and all) times its the Stature of Fates that's actually effecting time, not the Amulet or the crystals. The bells, pillars and light-energy still moving says its a slow-down, means its both a set slow-down and something thats protected by the Sisters Amulet given that its power is to "allow to move swiftly through time while all around slows."

Edit: The big Titans; 442m or 500m tall?

Demonic Phoenix
First part was to Spy.

Thinking about it it has to be the same as both (and all) times its the Stature of Fates that's actually effecting time, not the Amulet or the crystals. The bells, pillars and light-energy still moving says its a slow-down, means its both a set slow-down and something thats protected by the Sisters Amulet given that its power is to "allow to move swiftly through time while all around slows."

Edit: The big Titans; 442m or 500m tall?

No no. Nothing moves at all when Time is stopped by that Crystal, just that light energy (which I cannot determine is valid or not), and it moves a lot slower than Kratos does.
When he tries to move pillars or bells or to even open a chest/door when he slows/stops time with the Amulet, the Time-effect vanishes. However, since the time-effect in the Temple is permanent, Kratos cannot move anything except the Crystal itself.

490 I think. Are you gonna scale up a human to that height or something?

BloodRain
If the light energy is moving slow during then fast after, its definatly a slow-down.
Maybe its cos its being turned on by the crystal instead of his amulet, but his amulet was made to allow the user to bypass fate time.

Making sure the calc was right, guess Ill get numbers fro 500m too. Forgot to post it x.x

Demonic Phoenix
Will check if the light speeds up.
Yeah, Amulet likely gives him even more resistance to Time-f***ery.

BloodRain
Just before breakage. Aye, to fate based time-****ery~

CosmicComet
Been too preoccupied to care but where are these titan numbers you guys are coming up with?

there is no size difference among them. 500 meters is the only height given for them.

Demonic Phoenix
Technically it is 487. stick out tongue

BloodRain
Last time I checked Im sure Atlas and Cronos were bigger that Gaia and the rest. Even seems that way when Kratos is on them, like the difference between standing on her hand to one of the other two.

Height was vague. The guy said Sears tower, which is 442 tall for the building without the antennas. Extra structures arent /usually/ counted so.. iffy.

CosmicComet
No Atlas and Cronos are not bigger than Gaia.

Cronos held up Gaia's severed hand and her hand was just as big as his.

Don't know where the 487 thing came from DP. I've only seen 500 meters stated in print. Which is 1640 feet. Which makes sense since Stig Asmussen in some vid specifically stated Cronos to be over 1600 feet tall.

Even that lava titan, who was never officially called a name in the game (he is supposed to be Perses though), is just as big as Cronos.

If you compare how big Kratos looks next to both of their eye balls.

they said taller than the sears tower btw

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by CosmicComet
No Atlas and Cronos are not bigger than Gaia.

Cronos held up Gaia's severed hand and her hand was just as big as his.

Don't know where the 487 thing came from DP. I've only seen 500 meters stated in print. Which is 1640 feet. Which makes sense since Stig Asmussen in some vid specifically stated Cronos to be over 1600 feet tall.

Even that lava titan, who was never officially called a name in the game (he is supposed to be Perses though), is just as big as Cronos.

If you compare how big Kratos looks next to both of their eye balls.

they said taller than the sears tower btw

Eh, I only remembered the 1600 feet thing, which is ~ 487 meters. Haven't seen the 500 meters figure.

BloodRain
O.o I only remember him saying Sears. Link to 1600ft or the 500m?

CosmicComet
I believe I read it in a gamespy article a few months before the game came out. And the video was at Gametrailers iirc.

Don't really care enough to go looking atm.

But yes, 500 meters was the figure.

BloodRain
In any case I'll use both just to be sure.

Q: Mach 30 crab-horses?

BloodRain
A calc to get a figure on Kratos' strength from his top feat of stopping Cronos' attack. Yes its messy, shut up, I got lazy on the clean up...

TL;DR is at the end~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cronos weight-
1. 442m;
= 1,480,639,380 kg
= 1,632,125.54 tons

2. 500m;
= 2,143,347,050.754 kg
= 2,362,635.7 tons

For nothing else but to get a scale of things.

Pandora's Temple weight;
Cronos forearm length
1. = 88m
2. = 100m
http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/1/1a/Kronos_11.png
Forearm = 1/5 height ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtjKDfaTkE
55 seconds ]

Height is 3x forearm
1. = 264m
2. = 300m

Width is 2x forearm
1. = 176m
2. = 200m

Length 2x forearm
1. = 176m
2. = 200m

Volume as a ellipsoid
1. = 4,271,110,321,067.8433 cm^3
2. = 6,267,477,344,730.001 cm^3

x2.5den rock density;
1. = 10,677,775,802,669.608 g
2. = 15,668,693,361,825.0025 g

1. = 10,677,775,802.608 kg | 1.067e10 kg
1. = 11,770,233 tons | 1.177e7 tons

2. = 15,668,693,361.8250025 kg | 1.566e10 kg
2. = 17,271,777.9 tons | 1.727e7 tons

If you can't tell from above, 1. is if 442m and 2. is if 500m. The Ellipsoid volume was done on an online calculator cuz lazy.

Strength energy/force:
kg * 9.81 = Stationary Newtons

Force the Temple produces:
1. = 104,748,980,623.584 Newtons | 1.047e11 N
2. = 153,709,881,879.503 Newtons | 1.537e11 N

The force in Newtons that the Temple has from just being there. Not needed.

Kratos stopping Cronos' 40,000,000kg hand at 1,500m/s
= 6e10 Newtons

= 5.12e13 Joules

Just a note on the force of the dead weight, without strength backing. Not needed by itself.

Cronos' attack energy/force:
((kg*(speed))+(persons mass*persons attack speed))

1. = 2,847,210,717,759.845 Newtons | 2.847e12 N
1. = 3.22e14 Joules

2. = 4,121,940,971,543.724 Newtons | = 4.122e12 N
2. = 4.726e14 Joules

In GoW it appears as an ellipsoid, in GoW3 its a cone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ompKbegok&feature=related
^10:34

Height is 3x forearm, width is 2x fore arm. The volume as a cone is 2,141,769,142,857.1409 cm^3, half the volume of the ellipsoid meaning half the weight.

As a cone:
1. = 1,423,605,358,879.9223 Newtons | 1.423e12 N
1. = 1.61e14 Joules

2. = 2,060,970,485,771.862 Newtons | = 2.060e12 N
2. = 2.363e14 Joules

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR:
-Cronos can lift 1.177e7-1.727e7 tons.
-Cronos strikes at 4.122e12 Newtons and 472.6 Terajoules.
-This is if Cronos is 500m tall and using an ellipsoid for the mass. Not sure if the cone should be used or not.

NemeBro
All I really needed to know is that Cronos's slaps have considerably more energy than the bomb that hit Nagasaki.

Holy shit.

Seriously, unless I just ****ed up my conversion, Kratos can resist and overpower four ****ing billion tons of force.

BloodRain
I think the Newtons equal 420mil ton force /online converter/ with the joules being at 100 kilotons of TNT.

(Oh yeah, and the unmentioned speed is how fast Cronos moves/crawls with it which is around 260m/s based on what 1m/s movements would be to someone that tall.)

Though all that should be check to see if its right or missing something.

NemeBro
I think your online converter is wrong?

I got 4,122,000,000,000 for the total Newtons when I extended ur Scientific notation nonsense, and since that many Newtons equals that many kilograms, and a ton is nine hundred kilos, divide that by 900 and you get 4,580,000,000 tons. 4.58 billion.

BloodRain
Ohhhh, I was looking for the ton-force not tons alone. Yeah you got it.

DPnUrMoM69
dante wins hands down because he is powers are way past kratos powers

DPnUrMoM69
this shouldnt be an argument because the clear winner is dante

NemeBro
Kratos could literally hold Dante in one place as one might do to a small cat.

BloodRain
If Dante has lightning speed then speed/reactions would be moot.

With the CH/QS/TB time powers Dante would have the advantage in speed and mobility.

With his best strength amps Dante should be able to do /some/ kind of damage...

...and with Yamato, Dante should have an easier time damaging Kratos.

I'd also wager that his Hax > Kratos'. So it'd be a closer match than you think.

Demonic Phoenix
If Dante has lightning speed then speed/reactions would be moot.

With the CH/QS/TB time powers Dante would have the advantage in speed and mobility.

With his best strength amps Dante should be able to do /some/ kind of damage...

...and with Yamato, Dante should have an easier time damaging Kratos.

I'd also wager that his Hax > Kratos'. So it'd be a closer match than you think.

How good is Dante's time-manip again?
Also cannot see the Bangle of Time being a canon item to be honest. IIRC, you get it from a secret mission, and it isn't necessary for the game.
Fate-based time? It's still Time-Manip, and if light is slowed down to a crawl, he does have some degree of resistance to an extremely slow-time-slow.

He does have Zeus' strength + BoO edge resistance, as he can take slashes without being slowed down. When he gets gutted, it is by stabs from Zeus to his torso (hell, he guts himself with the BoO), but its not like he is incapable of stopping those, if not with his Fleece, then with his bare hands.

Meh, agreed I guess. Kratos cannot stand still and take Yamato slashes all day without getting hurt.
Dante won't be hitting Kratos with it though. awesome

Light Manip > All. vin

TheGoldenSpy
Why you gotta be like this bro...

BloodRain
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
How good is Dante's time-manip again?
Also cannot see the Bangle of Time being a canon item to be honest. IIRC, you get it from a secret mission, and it isn't necessary for the game.
Fate-based time? It's still Time-Manip, and if light is slowed down to a crawl, he does have some degree of resistance to an extremely slow-time-slow.

He does have Zeus' strength + BoO edge resistance, as he can take slashes without being slowed down. When he gets gutted, it is by stabs from Zeus to his torso (hell, he guts himself with the BoO), but its not like he is incapable of stopping those, if not with his Fleece, then with his bare hands.

Meh, agreed I guess. Kratos cannot stand still and take Yamato slashes all day without getting hurt.
Dante won't be hitting Kratos with it though. awesome

Light Manip > All. vin

Min 1/1,000th, though do need to get back on the hight issue. How high would you say they are? For a lil reference you can see how high the spikes the rocks pass are. Id say 50m for the spikes if that ledge at 2:26 is 8m tall, a tad over 4x Dante's height as seen at 5:30.
Also not-not canon for being a real in-game item.. meh, on the fence with it.
Fate-time as in the time effect spun from the Statues. If it was a random time-resist amulet then he'd be able to resist it, but the Amulet, Statue and Sisters are all connected. That would make it specific to the time effect from the Statues. And its light energy, not SoL light. When he breaks the crystal we momentarily see the real speed, and its as fast as Kratos. In fact, by eye I'd say its at the same speed as when he activates it again, 1/3rd.

So he has super-tough hands but a soft body? Thats a trope iirc. I mean, in Nero's DB grab on Dante, Dante has his palm on his blade edge with Nero's DB pushing on the other side. I couldn't go and say he can resist this as he can be stabbed by Nero. If Kratos can be stabbed by Zeus, his resistance will have to be below that stab.

He would with lightnin' speed. Orr... Judgement Slash away, the 'run the **** away' option. :3

Cue ball trick shot > Light Manip peaches

voldra
kratos was made a god, given powers, dante had hereditary powers and not fully realized. in alll of dmc 4, dante held back. by the time of dmc 4, dante had become FAR , FAR , FAR stronger. and he didnt even need to use his demon form to battle a titanic creature. he earned his powers, perfected them, kratos just got them, leveled up by the no. of monsters he killed. thats the difference. dante is younger and still more powerful than kratos. do gow 3 kratos vs dmc 4 dante (i wont say dmc 3 cuz it was just a prequel) .... dante wil win with 3 hp remaining after a month long battle.

Frikcha
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

this is a weird battle :/ i'm going to assume that when you say equalize you mean put on par.

round 1: hard to decide. dante definitely has more stamina and he just heals everything. he gets grabbed by giant worms and crushed but just jumps out no harm done. whereas kratos definitely feels those things as you can notice him wearing down. Dante has fought god's and colossal demons and usually wins without hassle while kratos has died several times when facing alot of enemies. although i keep feeling that kratos somehow has more stamina due to the brutality of the enemies he faces. then again dante fought a skyscraper demon and pretty easily shunned it off. dante picks up motorcycles with one hand like a pizza box and stops attacks from giant demons... so does kratos in nearly every aspect. i'm gonna put this one down to stamina and say dante because dante never gets tired or worn out. also with the durability dante is practically invincible in devil form so i'll give this to dante.

round 2: i think it's pretty obvious who wins this one. dante can dodge bullets, lighting, meteors, rpg's, and even shockwaves. he jumps extremely quickly and is fast enough to run up a building. in devil form dante posses even faster movement speed and the added ability of flight. also dante has lighting fast reflexes and almost a spider sense of sorts. he anticipates attacks with ease and can switch from sword to gun in an instant. sure kratos has pretty fast reflexes to deflect lighting but i don't think he could deflect a shotgun blast to the face let alone ebony and ivory's speed shooting. dante wins this one.

round three... this is weird... i'll assume some of these. if they each keep their own abilities aswell it's a tie. they have the same weapons and same special abilities with tied stats. it's a no brainer. if i had to choose though i'd say dante because he is more adaptable in the brain department when it comes to improvised situations. if they completely switch abilities then it's stupid because they're basically the same people just with different haircuts and sense of fashion. kratos would win because dante's abilities are greater than that of kratos but kratos is basically dante now...

dante wins

i'm gonna add this in i thought round three was stupid. forgetting those previous conditions dante would beat kratos because he bests him in most areas of abilities like i outlined before.

Firefly218
Kratos destroys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.