Nekron and the Black Lanterns vs the Cancerverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Nekron with all his black lanterns from Blackest Night goes into the Cancerverse.

Who wins?

iceman24567
I'm thinking some light/energy manipulators from the verse will do damage to the lanterns but Nekron is another matter the Galactus engine is their best bet.

quanchi112
Cancerverse stomps.

Bentley
I'm not sure, isn't Nekron some sort of Abstract of death? I say that's pretty tailor made against the Cancerverse.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
I'm not sure, isn't Nekron some sort of Abstract of death? I say that's pretty tailor made against the Cancerverse. He isn't death though and the cancerverse already destroyed their version of death anyways.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
He isn't death though and the cancerverse already destroyed their version of death anyways.

Neither was Thanos. I see the avatars of any version of death killing permanently the Cancerverse minions. Put on top of that the fact that the Black Lanterns cannot be killed by conventional means and that people destroyed will be joining their ranks. They spell trouble for the Cancerverse.

quanchi112
Neither was Thanos. I see the avatars of any version of death killing permanently the Cancerverse minions. Put on top of that the fact that the Black Lanterns cannot be killed by conventional means and that people destroyed will be joining their ranks. They spell trouble for the Cancerverse. Thanos was immune to death unlike the black lanterns. Life overpowered the black lanterns and in the end severed nekron's connection. They don't have Thanos outscheming them here.

Death only wins over life when Thanos shows up, french guy.

Bentley
Black Lanterns are pretty much inmune to death.

How are we to know if Thanos wouldn't die against White Light? stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Nekron.

quanchi112
Black Lanterns are pretty much inmune to death.

How are we to know if Thanos wouldn't die against White Light? stick out tongue No, they aren't. Thanos came back atom from atom. You can sever the connection you can't just sever Thanos' anyways.

Thanos isn't in this thread but they don't need him. The Galactus Engine wrecks shop.

Bentley
I didn't see all the Black Lantern War tie ins -they sucked-, but the BLs regenerated from pretty much every injury. The Cancerverse hasn't shown any abilities to sever Nekron's connection, maybe White Light would sever Thanos's connection with Death too, it just hasn't happened.

quanchi112
I didn't see all the Black Lantern War tie ins -they sucked-, but the BLs regenerated from pretty much every injury. The Cancerverse hasn't shown any abilities to sever Nekron's connection, maybe White Light would sever Thanos's connection with Death too, it just hasn't happened. Nah, Nekron isn't supposed to exist in this universe unlike Death which is why the connection was severed. I don't care if they regenerated their connection was severed by life and guess what the cancerverse is life beating death.

Bentley
Well, I don't think it's the same thing, since I didn't see any emotional spectre crap coming from the Cancerverse, they seemed pretty much feral hypno-people.

However, I think I can agree that the BL should fall in the end, if only because I don't see Nekron winning this war through trickery -as Thanos did- and that Thanos died to win anyways, and that counts as a forum loss.

It would be an interesting battle to see in comics though, I don't think you're giving the BLs nearly enough credit.

quanchi112
Well, I don't think it's the same thing, since I didn't see any emotional spectre crap coming from the Cancerverse, they seemed pretty much feral hypno-people.

However, I think I can agree that the BL should fall in the end, if only because I don't see Nekron winning this war through trickery -as Thanos did- and that Thanos died to win anyways, and that counts as a forum loss.

It would be an interesting battle to see in comics though, I don't think you're giving the BLs nearly enough credit. Thanos is immune to death. He was still speaking the entire time. laughing out loud

Did you even read it; be honest ?

Bentley
Not every issue, as I said, it was frankly poor at some point and it didn't have Rocket Raccoon.

quanchi112
Not every issue, as I said, it was frankly poor at some point and it didn't have Rocket Raccoon. Thanos wouldn't have a forum loss based on the comic since he was still talking and wasn't defeated. He feigned submission and out thought Mar-vell. The guy wins.

Bentley
Well, he did get pierced through the heart with a sword if I'm correctly. At that point he died, assumedly. I'll reread the Thanos Imperative to check the still talking thing, but I was under the impression that killing Thanos was the thing that allowed Death to be free from his Avatar and wreck havoc.

quanchi112
Well, he did get pierced through the heart with a sword if I'm correctly. At that point he died, assumedly. I'll reread the Thanos Imperative to check the still talking thing, but I was under the impression that killing Thanos was the thing that allowed Death to be free from his Avatar and wreck havoc. Yes, but under forum rules he has to be out of commission he was still talking and people don't talk when they are dead as in a forum loss. Thanos had his cake and ate it too.

zopzop
Cancerverse. It took Death to bring them down and then only temporarily. I don't see Nekron as being on Marvel Death's level of power.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by zopzop
Cancerverse. It took Death to bring them down and then only temporarily. I don't see Nekron as being on Marvel Death's level of power.

Nekron represnets death and Oblivion. As stated by Johns.

zopzop
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Nekron represnets death and Oblivion. As stated by Johns.

Wait, so where does that leave Death of the Endless? I thought she was the "Death" Death?

Prep-Man
Wait, so where does that leave Death of the Endless? I thought she was the "Death" Death?

DC's cosmic hierarchy is somewhat messed up. I mean look at Synnar story.

Golgo13

BUMP, because of Zopzop.

Harbinger
Thread needs some kevdude/Galan.

Igniz
Cancerverse.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Igniz
Cancerverse.

How would they stop Nekron and his Black Lanterns?

Igniz
Originally posted by Golgo13
How would they stop Nekron and his Black Lanterns?

Well I always pictured DC's death of the endless is thee "Death" and not Nekron.So to me Death of the endless>>>>Nekron.The question is if the Black Lanterns can stop the Galactus Engine(which is capable of killing Aegis and making the Celestials run away). I can't even picture Nekron being on Marvel's 616 Death's level.

Golgo13
Well I always pictured DC's death of the endless is thee "Death" and not Nekron.So to me Death of the endless>>>>Nekron.The question is if the Black Lanterns can stop the Galactus Engine(which is capable of killing Aegis and making the Celestials run away). I can't even picture Nekron being on Marvel's 616 Death's level.

Well, Nekron represents both Death and Oblivion, so without PIS, Cancerverse doesn't have an answer to Neky, IMO. Don't forget all the other heavy hitters for the Black Lanterns. Anti-Monitor, Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate (Nelson), Scar, Spectre, etc...

Slaanesh
Nekron..the Cancerverse can't really harm them cuz well they're already dead..but Nekron can harm the Cancerverse cuz he's kinda like Death..

Igniz
Well, Nekron represents both Death and Oblivion, so without PIS, Cancerverse doesn't have an answer to Neky, IMO.

I don't know about that.I mean the Cancerverse has the Many Angled Ones.And the MAO(through implied power though) dwarfs even the Galactus engine itself.I mean this guys succeeded in destroying Death in their own universe.Only 616 Death was able to pawn the Cancerverse.And I always pictured Marvel's Death=DC's Death of the endless.Hence why I don't think Nekron is on the same boat with both Marvel's Death and DC's Death of the endless.

Golgo13
I don't know about that.I mean the Cancerverse has the Many Angled Ones.And the MAO(through implied power though) dwarfs even the Galactus engine itself.I mean this guys succeeded in destroying Death in their own universe.Only 616 Death was able to pawn the Cancerverse.And I always pictured Marvel's Death=DC's Death of the endless.Hence why I don't think Nekron is on the same boat with both Marvel's Death and DC's Death of the endless.

Yeah, Cancerverse has some heavy hitters, even though they don't have much appearances, but Black Lanterns has every dead character (both small and big) in their forces. Spectre would likely crush any of the MAO's, IMO. Oh, and Swamp Thing.

zopzop
Yeah, Cancerverse has some heavy hitters, even though they don't have much appearances, but Black Lanterns has every dead character (both small and big) in their forces. Spectre would likely crush any of the MAO's, IMO. Oh, and Swamp Thing.
Bro, you're over-thinking this. Nekron is a Death Abstract, the ENTIRE CANCERVERSE was wrecked by.................wait for it..................a Death Abstract. You KNOW who's winning this. wink

Golgo13
Bro, you're over-thinking this. Nekron is a Death Abstract, the ENTIRE CANCERVERSE was wrecked by.................wait for it..................a Death Abstract. You KNOW who's winning this. wink

But a few posts ago, you said Cancerverse OWNS. What's up?

zopzop
But a few posts ago, you said Cancerverse OWNS. What's up?
Nov 1st, 2011 is months ago. Back then I though Nekron was a Skyfather level Death God like Walker. Hell, I thought Odin could beat him. I learned I was wrong.

Golgo13
Well, what about Nekron's other forces? Spectre, Swamp Thing, Superboy Prime, PC Dr. Fate, etc... Do you think it will help?

zopzop
Well, what about Nekron's other forces? Spectre, Swamp Thing, Superboy Prime, PC Dr. Fate, etc... Do you think it will help?
It's like asking if Mike Tyson, at his prime, needed his posse to help him beat up a 6 month old quadriplegic. Sure they could help, but it's ridiculous overkill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.