Steve Rogers vs Bruce Wayne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
No costume, no gimmicks or gadgets.

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Steve Rogers 7/10

Silent Master
Better stats + comparable skill = Steve wins.

gungrave227
steve.

cdtm
Split, imo. Steve has the strength and endurance edge, but Bats is skilled enough to compete, and win his fair share, before attrition becomes a factor..

Say, 5.5/6-10 to Cap with respect to attrition.

srankmissingnin
Steve wins 8-9/10, he is a stronger, faster, more durable, more skilled fighter with a much higher level of stamina. It's not exactly rocket science.

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Steve wins 8-9/10, he is a stronger, faster, more durable, more skilled fighter with a much higher level of stamina. It's not exactly rocket science.

So, where would you place Batman in Marvels MA hierarchy?

Serious question.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
So, where would you place Batman in Marvels MA hierarchy?

Serious question.

More or less even with Daredevil.

Daredevil1
Steve wins. Slade would be much closer for a split.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Silent Master
Better stats + comparable skill = Steve wins. This

BattleMage
Split, imo. Steve has the strength and endurance edge, but Bats is skilled enough to compete, and win his fair share, before attrition becomes a factor..

Say, 5.5/6-10 to Cap with respect to attrition.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nietzschean
Boyscout steve wins. 8/10

BattleMage
Steve Rogers 7-8/10
I believe Cap can break Bruce jaw with a clean punch or his neck.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Steve definitely.

Sixth_Winged
Kinda unfair but yeah, Steve trumps him.

TheLordofMurder
Did you guys see when I smuggled that pint of Venom to Mr Wayne!? No?

Well, Mr Wayne is now amped up on Venom...who wins now!????

Happy Dance

Sixth_Winged
Well Venom urges people to kill and Batman would struggle not to.

Conflicted batman battling Venom's influence without gear < clear headed Steave without shield.

Bouboumaster
9/10 to Steve.

I do believe Bruce would completly mop the floor with Steve if he wasn't superhuman.

But since Steve is pretty skilled himself, and that he got some heavy advantage over Bruce (don't fatigue, able to bench press 2 tons, faster than human speed, etc), I can only see Bruce winning with the "lucky punch".

Again, if it wasn't from the superhuman stats, I'd see Bruce completly owning Rogers.

-Pr-
Batman is more skilled imo, but Steve has a staying power that should keep him in the fight a lot longer than Bruce, even with his insane damage soak and stamina.

Space M ummy

yup. not much else to say here, except perhaps to add that rogers' body doesn't generate fatigue toxins, so he has a massive stamina edge.

CosmicComet
FUv1ELA7XTI

Nuff Said.

JakeTheBank
FINAL JUSTICE!

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Cap_america_final_justice.gif

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Steve definitely.

JayDaDon
No costume, no gimmicks or gadgets.

Who wins?

Not Bruce...

the ninjak
FINAL F'N JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
Batman is more skilled imo, but Steve has a staying power that should keep him in the fight a lot longer than Bruce, even with his insane damage soak and stamina.

Steve can last longer, but Batman has some pretty sick endurance feats himself.. Knightfall, for one. Steves endurance is mitigated by the fact Bats has more than enough in the tank to do his damage, before running out of steam...

This is as close, as close can be, imo..

CosmicComet
Batman will have a hard time hurting Steve period, with his decent regen at all.

Not to mention his overtly superior reflexes.

Steve is a clear cut bullet timer, by feats and statements. He simply 'sees faster' than normal humans. Batman on the other hand is a sometimes, maybe, vague, 'is it aim-dodging or post-fire dodge?', inconsistent case.

Steve's stamina isn't some single coin tipping category for him. He can and will, at least a few times out of ten, end it before stamina even comes into play.

Steve via greatness. Thumbs up soldier.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Steve is a clear cut bullet timer, by feats and statements.

No. Statements don't count as evidence, and he has no more feats, or no less, than Batman does proving himself faster than a bullet.

Batman and Cap are both solid aim dodgers. Faster than most men can aim, not faster than a bullet.

CosmicComet
No. Statements don't count as evidence, and he has no more feats, or no less, than Batman does proving himself faster than a bullet.

Batman and Cap are both solid aim dodgers. Faster than most men can aim, not faster than a bullet.

No. Statements are a kind of evidence as well, and certainly are not dismissable when they are coupled with on panel feats. In fact, such a thing serves to bolster the feats even more. And he has more consistent, outright feats of bullet timing than Batman, no doubt about it.

Cap literally 'sees faster' and that is his on-panel explanation on how he is able to dodge bullets. And his strength is such that he can throw his shield hard enough to catch up to ICBMs that have taken off.

With no gimmicks or prep and just nothing but their bodies to use, Cap wins. No question.

TheHulk
Steve Rogers FTW *Salute*

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thumbs up soldier.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/captainamerica-thumbsup.gif

Daredevil1
Bullet timers wish they had Steve's feats.

Dum Dum Dugan
Steve can last longer, but Batman has some pretty sick endurance feats himself.. Knightfall, for one. Steves endurance is mitigated by the fact Bats has more than enough in the tank to do his damage, before running out of steam...

This is as close, as close can be, imo..

It really not that close at all. Look at what DS did to Batman in h2h, now image if DS at equal skill to batman and you get what capt would do to batman.

putputtruth

Silent Master

putputtruth

Silent Master
Wilson Fisk has given Spider-man problems more than once, also post the scan where DD beat Steve with a simple throw.

BTW, the SSS isn't a drug...Venom however is and Batman has taken it before.

cdtm

Caps stats aren't "that" much better than top peak humans like Bats. Slight strength edge and a good endurance advantage, mostly.. Nothing a top peak human can't handle, and Batman has faced worse.. (As has Cap, but my point is Cap isn't >>> peak human in combat effectiveness. There's even top tiers that I'd give the clear majority to, although Batman isn't one of them.)

Killigirne

Daredevil1
also post the scan where DD beat Steve with a simple throw.

That had odd occurrences as Steve didn't know who it was and it was in the dark at Avenger mansion. Most all of there fights had circumstances though.

oldsmokey
Cap beats Batman the majority of the time in this scenario. No shame in losing to Cap, though.

Then again, this is a fight I'd never want to see. I'd love to see another Cap/Batman team-up in the modern era.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.