Storm is #1 in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RLAAMJR.
http://27.media.tumblr.com/yZChWGr3kq19ji9eJWCuNgilo1_500.jpg

The white-haired, blue-eyed weather manipulator Ororo Munroe reigns supreme as she takes the top spot in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011 poll.

Storm led the voting poll with 196 pts, 27 points ahead against #2 Superman who accumulated 169 points. Morphues, Spider-Man, The Phantom, Aquaman and Thing followed behind.

160 comic characters were nominated from different publishers and more than 80 Comic Vine members participated the poll. The poll was conducted by a group of Comic Vine members to have and start the site's annual popularity poll.

Here's the link to see the complete list (first post of the thread) and how and who voted: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/comic-vines-top-100-superheroes-2011/632429/

A thread has also been made for Storm's victory on her forum: http://www.comicvine.com/storm/29-1444/storm-is-1-in-comic-vines-top-100-superheroes-2011/92-638797/#176

Storm is currently leading a team starting in X-men #20 (released this month) and will soon become a member of The Avengers in Avengers #21(January 2012).

jalek moye
Comicvine sucks ass though

Kazenji
Originally posted by jalek moye
Comicvine sucks ass though

its not that bad

good for looking up old comic book covers and pictures.

Bentley
Some great characters in the top ten though.

-Pr-
For 2011?

I'm not sure I would have gone with that, but their choice is their choice. Good for them.

Comicvine is great for bios though.

Placidity
Batman #34

What a lame list.

roughrider
What the hell kind of list is that, to have Batman at #34, and Aquaman in the top ten? thumb down

I think someone just wanted to start a controversy and get people looking.

And how do Optimus Prime & James T. Kirk (just to name two) qualify as comic book characters, when their origins are clearly from different mediums? Just appearing in a comic is enough to qualify you?

Again - thumb down

-Pr-
Originally posted by roughrider
What the hell kind of list is that, to have Batman at #34, and Aquaman in the top ten? thumb down

I think someone just wanted to start a controversy and get people looking.

And how do Optimus Prime & James T. Kirk (just to name two) qualify as comic book characters, when their origins are clearly from different mediums? Just appearing in a comic is enough to qualify you?

Again - thumb down

Aquaman has actually had a really good year, tbh.

Kirk is funny though.

jalek moye
honestly u can make a good case for Prim being a comic character if your making an all time list, since transformers have had some long running comic series in the past that really fleshed them out in many ways more then the shows.. But for 2011. don't see it.

jalek moye
Originally posted by -Pr-
For 2011?

I'm not sure I would have gone with that, but their choice is their choice. Good for them.

Comicvine is great for bios though.

but the community there is awful hence my stance on their user voted list automatically.

RLAAMJR.
Storm Facts:

As of the moment...

- Storm holds the record for a female comic-based Marvel Comics character that has the most number of appearances on films including X-men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, cameo appearances in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class, Superhero Movie, etc. Whether Storm or Catwoman holds the title for a female comic character who have the most number of appearances on films requires further research.

-Storm holds the record for a female comic character of Marvel Comics that has the most number of appearances in cartoon series including: Pryde Of The X-Men, X-Men: The Animated Series, The Amazing Spider-man, Wolverine and The X-Men, X-Men Evolution, X-Men Anime, The Superhero Squad Show, and Black Panther.

-Storm holds the record for a female comic-based character with the most number of appearances in video games (more than 30 games) like X-Men Legends, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel ultimate Alliance, etc.

-Storm is #2 for a female comic character that has the most number of appearances in comics. Invisible Woman took the top spot as she started appearing since 1961 while Storm's first appearance was on May of 1975. Storm may possibly take the top spot in year 2012.

-Storm holds the records for a black comic character with the most number of appearances in films, cartoon series, comics and video games.

Possibly...

-Storm is also the female comic character that has led a team longer than any other female characters in comics

roughrider
This is nothing against Storm, and what a good character she is. But Wizard did the definitive list for me a few years ago, with Wolverine, Batman, Spider Man and Superman making the top four.

-Pr-
but the community there is awful hence my stance on their user voted list automatically.

Hey, i was just trying to be nice. stick out tongue

--

Wait, Storm has more appearances than Wonder Woman? Or are we just talking Marvel here?

Kazenji
This is nothing against Storm, and what a good character she is. But Wizard did the definitive list for me a few years ago, with Wolverine, Batman, Spider Man and Superman making the top four.

Even tho Wolverine being number for that list upset some folks.

-Pr-
I don't think there can ever be one true list, because people are always going to pick who they like, or who sells the most comics, as opposed to who actually is interesting enough to deserve it.

RLAAMJR.
Hey, i was just trying to be nice. stick out tongue

--

Wait, Storm has more appearances than Wonder Woman? Or are we just talking Marvel here?

Yes. Storm has more number of appearances in comics than WW. big grin

Calm Down. It's an annual popularity poll. It's not the top 100 greatest comic characters of all time.

the ninjak
I bet you lost your mind RLAAMJR when you saw this.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
That's kinda sad, now that I think about it.

And agreed with jalek in that Comicvine sucks (not simply because of this).

jalek moye
I don't think there can ever be one true list, because people are always going to pick who they like, or who sells the most comics, as opposed to who actually is interesting enough to deserve it.

And everyone finds different characters interesting. So there always has to be a lot of lists

-Pr-
And everyone finds different characters interesting. So there always has to be a lot of lists

Pretty much.

I, for example, definitely would have had Aquaman on the list. This has been a huge year for him, and it's been handled (mostly) well. Superman is back on form. Cyclops has a half-decent writer again, even with the titanic f*ck up that was Colossus.

jalek moye
And Aquaman's name would appear on nobody elses

-Pr-
And Aquaman's name would appear on nobody elses

That's because people are silly. He's basically getting a smaller version of what Hal Jordan got when he came back.

JakeTheBank

Man, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Ridley_Prime
Makes it feel like Diana is underused now.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Man, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

My guess it's to do with the fact that Storm was in a team book that, even while it had rotating rosters, generally had her involved in some capacity. And then we got multiple x-books in the 90s. Several leagues haven't had Wonder Woman, she's died, and so on.

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Not really. there are just a lot of x- comics. But I could say Storm is second to Wolverine on appearing to other Marvel Comics comics, like Avengers, Fantastic Four, Black Panther, and crossover issues.

Expect to see Storm in three comics next year. X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and Avengers issues as a new member. She might show up in Black Panther comics from time to time.

I think the list is good for me considering that it's an annual poll. and I've learned a lot more interesting characters from other publishers getting exposure in the list.

Oh how i miss Malibu Comics.! But all of the characters nominated from malibu were in the bottom 60. They didn't make it to the top 100. : (

Bentley
My guess it's to do with the fact that Storm was in a team book that, even while it had rotating rosters, generally had her involved in some capacity. And then we got multiple x-books in the 90s. Several leagues haven't had Wonder Woman, she's died, and so on.

The solution is having Diana being the new Wolverine, she should join the Teen Titans, the Suicide Squad and Stormwatch.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

She is in a sense; in that while she has her own series, it's hard to find a writer that can do her justice. Post reboot, that may change.

Originally posted by Bentley
The solution is having Diana being the new Wolverine, she should join the Teen Titans, the Suicide Squad and Stormwatch.

laughing out loud

recently i learned that Aquaman, in the late 90s, was in a minimum 4 comics per month, though not always as a star.

jalek moye
Also Dc has a lots of well developed and good females. Where Marvel banks on a few with a lot of appearance and just has the rest all over the place.

-Pr-
Also Dc has a lots of well developed and good females. Where Marvel banks on a few with a lot of appearance and just has the rest all over the place.

That is true.

nikbackm

Several hundred of those appearances listed on Comicvine come from Panini reprints of the original US comics though.

And it's mostly Marvel (X-Comics) that have such comics included, they are far rarer on the DC side.

So if we count real/unique/original appearances Wonder Woman's still in the lead by a fair margin. Of course, X-characters get much more appearances than others due to the number of X-titles and cast-sharing, so Storm will probably beat WW for real in due time.

I-Drop
List sux.

Sr J-Bieb
Has Storm even had any arcs, or issues specifically about her this year?

Omega Vision
Lol Storm sux now. Ever since she married T'Challa.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol Storm sux now. Ever since she married T'Challa.

We'll see how long that lasts now that he's broke.

roughrider
Originally posted by the ninjak
We'll see how long that lasts now that he's broke.

You saying she's a gold digger?

the ninjak
You saying she's a gold digger?

I think she's attracted to power. And good intentions aren't enough.

Blacktoothgrin
Loved Storm back in Uncanny in the day. 220's to 270's, imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.