New Cool Superman vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Babajaev
how well do you think the new cool looking superman that owned batman green lantern and flash would fair against Thor?

JakeTheBank
Thor would win.

Babajaev
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor would win.

why do you think so?

CosmicComet
He was able to flick the Flash away with a finger. He may not be outright as fast as Flash, but he clearly has the reflexes to not be overly bothered by his speed.

So I'm still saying speed blitz combo to ko, eventually.

dur

Babajaev
i agree, i dont see thor being able to own flash with a finger flick he never displayed such power and reflex, when you see superman fight you see speed, lightning reflex and a lot of power involved, like when superman finger flicked the flash thor never did anything like that, thor is a class 100 brawler with magic powers but in the fighting department he doesnt hold a candle to sups

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Babajaev
why do you think so?

He's got more feats to fall back, is more powerful and versatile, and has more experience battling other super-powered foes.

Personally, I feel Thor could split with pre-reboot Superman or get a slim majority.

Basically, the only real advantage DCnU Superman has is speed based which ultimately brings us back on how important you think speed is and whether or not it effectively transforms someone into an untouchable forum god.

SquallX
New Superman is not beating Thor.

New Hal with hardly any experience made Kal bleed. For all we know Flash wasn't even going even 10% of light speed.

Babajaev
Originally posted by SquallX
New Superman is not beating Thor.

New Hal with hardly any experience made Kal bleed. For all we know Flash wasn't even going even 10% of light speed.

this hal would beat thor, and please like who didnt make thor bleed? the freakin taskmaster made him bleed

so you have to prove he didnt go at light speed that burdon is on you, hal screamed for help stating that superman is going to kill them and flash rushed into the fight and you saw how fast he was moving , he had no reason notto go full speed in order to defend his friends unless you can prove that for some reason he said to himself "nahh i am not going to use my LIGHT SPEED POWERS i will just go 10%"

JakeTheBank
this hal would beat thor.

so you have to prove he didnt go at light speed that burdon is on you, hal screamed for help stating that superman is going to kill them and flash rushed into the fight and you saw how fast he was moving , he had no reason notto go full speed in order to defend his friends unless you can prove that for some reason he said to himself "nahh i am not going to use my LIGHT SPEED POWERS i will just go 10%"

Do you mean JL Hal, ie. Hal within his first year of activity?

Or do you mean current Hal?

Barring exclusively high end feats such as the Krona Killer, I don't see Hal (or most other Lanterns) beating Thor for the majority.

Starscream M
He's got more feats to fall back, is more powerful and versatile, and has more experience battling other super-powered foes.

Personally, I feel Thor could split with pre-reboot Superman or get a slim majority.

Basically, the only real advantage DCnU Superman has is speed based which ultimately brings us back on how important you think speed is and whether or not it effectively transforms someone into an untouchable forum god. jake, how effective would you be if you fought someone over 100x faster than you?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
jake, how effective would you be if you fought someone over 100x faster than you?

Extremely effective. Dare say, I'd kick their ass.

Why do you ask?

SquallX
this hal would beat thor, and please like who didnt make thor bleed? the freakin taskmaster made him bleed

How do you know this Flash can go light speed yet.

Don't use a low end for Thor just to give Superman the win. I'm one of Superman's biggest backers, and i know he loses.

Thor has so much to fall back on, it's not even funny.

SquallX
Do you mean JL Hal, ie. Hal within his first year of activity?

Or do you mean current Hal?

Barring exclusively high end feats such as the Krona Killer, I don't see Hal (or most other Lanterns) beating Thor for the majority.

Were using JL Hal, krona killer Hal was before the reboot i believe?

JakeTheBank
Were using JL Hal, krona killer Hal was before the reboot i believe?

That Hal loses something extremely fierce then. Thor would shatter or absorb his constructs and beat the crap out of him.

Current Hal loses, but it's not a huge blow out.

Starscream M
Extremely effective. Dare say, I'd kick their ass.

Why do you ask? trying to gauge your level of ignorance on the factor of speed in fighting...

Babajaev
How do you know this Flash can go light speed yet.

Don't use a low end for Thor just to give Superman the win. I'm one of Superman's biggest backers, and i know he loses.

Thor has so much to fall back on, it's not even funny.

oh come on those are his powers , this new DC storyline is the ordinary DC universe only thing is that it happened in the earlier years of the heroes than the ordinary storyline so its the same heroes same powers UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE

you are not a superman backer if you think he will lose to thor even with the fact he always display much better reflex speed and overall power output, you are a Thor backer

thor has no physical atributeto fall on only his magic lightning powers and all those side effects he has which wont help him vs someone faster stronger better fighter and with much better reflex

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
trying to gauge your level of ignorance on the factor of speed in fighting...

Oh, okay.

Yeah, I'd speedblitz them. And with galaxy busting force.

Rage.Of.Olympus
oh come on those are his powers , this new DC storyline is the ordinary DC universe only thing is that it happened in the earlier years of the heroes than the ordinary storyline so its the same heroes same powers UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE

you are not a superman backer if you think he will lose to thor even with the fact he always display much better reflex speed and overall power output, you are a Thor backer

thor has no physical atributeto fall on only his magic lightning powers and all those side effects he has which wont help him vs someone faster stronger better fighter and with much better reflex
laughing out loud

Also, Thor.

JakeTheBank

Early Flash hasn't developed the full effectiveness of the Speed Force yet, backed by both JL and his own ongoing, so he's good deal slower than pre-Flashpoint Barry Allen.

Squall backs Superman a good deal of the time, but he's not stupid about the S shield either. DCnU Superman hasn't come close to rivaling Thor's overall power output unfortunately.

Thor's physically comparable to mainstream pre-reboot Superman in terms of strength, makes up with inferior durability/"invincibility" with stamina and damage soak, and is vastly more versatile. Clark being a better fighter is entirely debatable as well.

In terms of this new Superman, really, the only advantage he has is speed, and the speed he has showed hasn't been consistent and overwhelming enough to beat Thor clearly for a decisive majority. When he speedblitzes everyone in the span of a panel outside of a high speed charge (which Thor has done many times on his own, and faster than light as well), you can argue Superman winning, but until then, he doesn't have the feats to beat Thor, who the average person will agree can give Superman pre-reboot an epic fight if he doesn't win.

Badabing
Use this thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t481668.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.