JLA vs Team Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Superman
MM
WW
GL - Kyle
Flash - Wally
Aquaman
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Dr Fate - Hector Hall
Firestorm

vs

Dr Strange
Sub-Mariner
Silver Surfer
Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Black Bolt
Gladiator
Sentry
Ghost Rider

Babajaev
JLA , Black Adam is a major key here

JakeTheBank
Not any more than Captain Marvel or Superman, really.

Still, JLA should win.

Stoic
Team Marvel is more stacked.

Bentley
Nah.

Babajaev
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not any more than Captain Marvel or Superman, really.

Still, JLA should win.

i always saw black adam as slightly more powerful than both superman and marvel, i know its because he doesnt hold back but still it is what itis

majid86
Could Classic Gladiator take out BA?

JakeTheBank
No.

majid86
Then Surfer or Sentry takes him out early on during the fight.

Babajaev
Originally posted by majid86
Then Surfer or Sentry takes him out early on during the fight.

sentry isnt taking anyone out specially not black adam and neither does surfer, adam will rape anyone of them

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No.

You really don't think Gladiator could win against Black Adam?What do you base this on?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
You really don't think Gladiator could win against Black Adam?What do you base this on?

Could? Sure. Would? Not so much, imo.

Babajaev

FEATS, while black adam has a great record of winning fights and wrecking teams ... gladiator on the other hand always gets the bad end of the fight , gladiator proved time after time he cant hang with the big boys like thor, Bill, Supreme and he had much trouble with blackbolt who again got the better of him , Black adam on the other hand many times has an edge over superman , captain marvel and he always gets the better out of the big boys.. those FACTS lead us to the conclusion Gladiator is no match for Black Adam

Stoic
Originally posted by Babajaev
FEATS, while black adam has a great record of winning fights and wrecking teams ... gladiator on the other hand always gets the bad end of the fight , gladiator proved time after time he cant hang with the big boys like thor, Bill, Supreme and he had much trouble with blackbolt who again got the better of him , Black adam on the other hand many times has an edge over superman , captain marvel and he always gets the better out of the big boys.. those FACTS lead us to the conclusion Gladiator is no match for Black Adam

The same could be argued on behalf of Gladiator beating Hyperion. When has it become the norm to think that Black Adam could beat the Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry, or any of those guys that you brought up that did beat Gladiator? Also noted, is that Thor defeated what could be considered an over the hill Gladiator, in one of his battles with him. In my opinion Gladiator has as much business beating Teth, as Teth has beating him. Black Bolt did have Gladiator against the ropes, but didn't Gladiator win that fight? I have to go back and see the fight again so I'm not completely sure who the winner of that fight was. War of Kings is the fight in question right?

DarkSaint85
Marvel seems to have more cannon fodder (Strange, Namor and Iron Man) when compared to the JLA. Are we taking current incarnations?

Babajaev
The same could be argued on behalf of Gladiator beating Hyperion. When has it become the norm to think that Black Adam could beat the Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry, or any of those guys that you brought up that did beat Gladiator? Also noted, is that Thor defeated what could be considered an over the hill Gladiator, in one of his battles with him. In my opinion Gladiator has as much business beating Teth, as Teth has beating him. Black Bolt did have Gladiator against the ropes, but didn't Gladiator win that fight? I have to go back and see the fight again so I'm not completely sure who the winner of that fight was. War of Kings is the fight in question right?

well i dont remember the arc but still my points remain valid , Black adam most of the time gets the better out of superman, beats captain marvel, wrecks entire teams of heralds... overall being a bad ass

what did gladiator ever do? got owned by thor? owned by masterson? by supereme? by Bill? by Black Bolt? oh right but he beat hyperion...seriously man wake up gladiator is not on black adams league or superman or thor or anyone of the top dogs and its a fact based on fights

Bentley
Guy Gardner has wrecked teams of heralds...

Babajaev
Guy Gardner would wreck gladiator also

DarkSaint85
Matchup time!!!

Superman - Surfer
MM - Gladiator
WW - Ghost Rider
GL - Kyle - Iron Man
Flash - Wally - Hulk
Aquaman - Sub-Mariner
Captain Marvel - Sentry
Black Adam - Thor
Dr Fate - Hector Hall - Dr Strange
Firestorm - Black Bolt

I give:

Surfer
MM
WW
GL
Hulk
Aquaman
Marvel
Toss-up
Fate
Firestorm

So JLA win 7/8 out of 10. Just how I see it. Maybe we could argue Sentry beats Marvel, but JLA would still get majority.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Marvel seems to have more cannon fodder (Strange, Namor and Iron Man) when compared to the JLA. Are we taking current incarnations?

strange is not cannon fodder.......Tony and Namor are

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
strange is not cannon fodder.......Tony and Namor are

I see current Strange as, unless its Sorceror Supreme Strange.

I'm taking most recent incarnations of the Marvels, and pre-reboot JLA (as I haven't seen Marvel, Adam or Fate yet).

Babajaev
Matchup time!!!

Superman - Surfer
MM - Gladiator
WW - Ghost Rider
GL - Kyle - Iron Man
Flash - Wally - Hulk
Aquaman - Sub-Mariner
Captain Marvel - Sentry
Black Adam - Thor
Firestorm - Black Bolt

I give:

Surfer
MM
WW
GL
Hulk
Aquaman
Marvel
Toss-up
Fate
Firestorm

So JLA win 7/8 out of 10. Just how I see it. Maybe we could argue Sentry beats Marvel, but JLA would still get majority.

surfer is not beating superman, Black adam owns Thor, and there is no way in hell aquaman beats Namor

DarkSaint85
surfer is not beating superman, Black adam owns Thor, and there is no way in hell aquaman beats Namor

No? What would Namor do when he gets mind-raped?

Babajaev
No? What would Namor do when he gets mind-raped?

why should he? aquamans so called telepathy works only on sea cretures but namor is the king so i dont think it will effect him he is beyond that

-Pr-
why should he? aquamans so called telepathy works only on sea cretures but namor is the king so i dont think it will effect him he is beyond that

it doesn't only work on sea creatures. it works on all manner of humanoids, even martians.

DarkSaint85
Let me dig my old photos up (apologies for the crappy quality, I had a crap camera)

DarkSaint85
He gets taunted with the exact same argument you used, about only talking to fish:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/DSC00547.jpg

Then:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/DSC00548.jpg

-Pr-
pretty much. and he's used his telepathy against other non-sea life too.

Babajaev
Originally posted by -Pr-
it doesn't only work on sea creatures. it works on all manner of humanoids, even martians.

90% of the times he tryed that in a fight his opponent always was able to resist it , his telepathy is weak and works properly on sea cretures so i have no reason to believe it will work on namor while it failed almost against anyone he faced

-Pr-
90% of the times he tryed that in a fight his opponent always was able to resist it , his telepathy is weak and works properly on sea cretures so i have no reason to believe it will work on namor while it failed almost against anyone he faced

who told you that? it's not nearly 90%. in truth, his telepathy usually works more than it doesn't.

Babajaev
who told you that? it's not nearly 90%. in truth, his telepathy usually works more than it doesn't.

most of his fights he is trying that and it fails... at least it always works with king shark

DarkSaint85

Except these are White Martians, trained in telepathic warfare....and he got stomped by Aquaman. Course, you could always argue it was Morrison bigging his new job up, but still...

-Pr-
most of his fights he is trying that and it fails... at least it always works with king shark

what fights are you referring to?

Except these are White Martians, trained in telepathic warfare....and he got stomped by Aquaman. Course, you could always argue it was Morrison bigging his new job up, but still...

morrison doing what?

DarkSaint85
what fights are you referring to?

morrison doing what?

As in, Grant Morrison having been given a brief to 'make the JLA cool again', and deciding to amp all of them up (notably Batman) up. Grant's 'Supergods' book is a pretty interesting read.

-Pr-
As in, Grant Morrison having been given a brief to 'make the JLA cool again', and deciding to amp all of them up (notably Batman) up. Grant's 'Supergods' book is a pretty interesting read.

Oh. In the case of Aquaman, maybe, but Arthur had already gotten a substantial amp from Peter David. It's possible Morrison could have used that to his advantage though.

Stoic

The part about superman being incapable of being defeated by the Surfer has me clued out? If anyone has the Kryptonian's number, it would be the Surfer via several methods. Entrapment in the board, power drainage, molecular dispersal.

Black Adam being superior to Thor is also another flawed view, considering that Thor could send him to the ends of the universe via wormhole bfr or simply into another dimension. There are things that Thor has going for him besides the fact that he is certainly in Black Adams tier in terms of brute strength.

Namor vs Aquaman... this is debatable. Namor may be able to take Arthur, but the same can be said of Arthur taking Namor.

I don't agree that Ironman, Strange, or Namor are canon fodder when you consider that Wally, and Firestorm have poor natural body armor, and could be oneshotted by a couple of those that you called cannon fodder given a particular instance in the combat. Fate is also among the physical inferior.

I would have taken out Namor in exchange for Sersi, but whatever.

Sin I AM
How is Thor gonna bfr BA when teth has the aility to return to the battlefield

Stoic
How is Thor gonna bfr BA when teth has the aility to return to the battlefield

Really? I was under the impression that Teth was bfred so far from the Earth that it took him centuries to get back. Has he changed?

Sin I AM
Really? I was under the impression that Teth was bfred so far from the Earth that it took him centuries to get back. Has he changed?

cant recall that, but i do recall him traveling thru his lighting bolt before to the ROE....id have to recheck my library

DarkSaint85
cant recall that, but i do recall him traveling thru his lighting bolt before to the ROE....id have to recheck my library

Unless the bolt is faster than light, even half a light-year would be an effective BFR, right?

Sin I AM
Unless the bolt is faster than light, even half a light-year would be an effective BFR, right?

what r u talking about

Stoic
@ Sin I Am, he may be getting what you mean as instant transportation mixed up with Teth Adam using lightning to amplify his speed to speedily get back. Not sure but that's where you guys may be crossing lines.

DarkSaint85
I got mixed up, I thought you were saying he travelled back in a bolt of lightning - which would mean travelling at the speed of light. If Thor BFR's him a sufficient distance away, he won't be able to travel back in time....

Sin I AM
iirc adam can teleport from any point to the rock of eternity and back...thats what im saying

DarkSaint85
iirc adam can teleport from any point to the rock of eternity and back...thats what im saying

Gotcha. My bad!

Vorpal Ruin
Couldnt Ghost Rider penance stare Teth? Itd be a great help to marvel.

Stoic

So in neutral space if Thor bfrs Teth he's out for the fight, because the ROE would not be part of this battle. Even if it was, Thor could just repeat the process every time Teth reentered the battle. The though of that happening reminds me of the old Justice League Europe antics.

Sin I AM
So in neutral space if Thor bfrs Teth he's out for the fight, because the ROE would not be part of this battle. Even if it was, Thor could just repeat the process every time Teth reentered the battle. The though of that happening reminds me of the old Justice League Europe antics.

but he's able to immediately travel back, which would end in a stalemate...all teleportation generally leaving the person home dimesion whilst traveling through an intermediate one then popping up back in the desired dimension. i dont see bfr as a sure fire way for thor to defeat adam

Stoic
but he's able to immediately travel back, which would end in a stalemate...all teleportation generally leaving the person home dimesion whilst traveling through an intermediate one then popping up back in the desired dimension. i dont see bfr as a sure fire way for thor to defeat adam

Ok then, I hated to pull the old Hammer time out of the closet, but....

DarkSaint85
At which point fate steps in?

-Pr-

that was retconned when his new origin came in.

Sin I AM
Ok then, I hated to pull the old Hammer time out of the closet, but....

but?

BattleMage
sentry isnt taking anyone out specially not black adam and neither does surfer, adam will rape anyone of them laughing out loud

BattleMage
Marvel pulls away with this one.

JakeTheBank

Could? Sure. Would? Not so much, imo.

^

iceman24567
90% of the times he tryed that in a fight his opponent always was able to resist it , his telepathy is weak and works properly on sea cretures so i have no reason to believe it will work on namor while it failed almost against anyone he faced You dont know what your talking about

Mindset
Originally posted by majid86

GL - Kyle

DarkSaint85
Matchup time!!!

Superman - Surfer
MM - Gladiator
WW - Ghost Rider
GL - Kyle - Iron Man
Flash - Wally - Hulk
Aquaman - Sub-Mariner
Captain Marvel - Sentry
Black Adam - Thor
Firestorm - Black Bolt

I give:

Surfer
MM
WW
GL
Hulk
Aquaman
Marvel
Toss-up
Fate
Firestorm

How about this matchup I posted? Interested in hearing other people's opinions on the outcome. I see Bolt not busting out his shout in the match, unless all his team-mates are already taken out of the fight.

ColossusGrundy
DC Rapes on this one

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
DC Rapes on this one

Nah, not a rape. That would imply DC win 9/10 out of 10. But there are quite a few matches that could swing the other way, especially with some of the speeds here.

nwg202
Is this classic strange? or current? Classic strange is one almost unbeatable character...

why is ironman going up against a gl? make it quasar

Stoic
Originally posted by nwg202
Is this classic strange? or current? Classic strange is one almost unbeatable character...

why is ironman going up against a gl? make it quasar

Why not just make a new thread similar to this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.