Gladiator vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Babajaev
i dont know what about you but i always saw those 2 as in the same league , namor is fresh out of the water full powered in this fight who wins

Sin I AM
lol @ fresh out the water....Glads stomps

Bentley
Namor should get back to the water and never get out.

Babajaev
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol @ fresh out the water....Glads stomps

how is it a stomp for glads?

Babajaev
Originally posted by Bentley

why? he just heard every marvel hero owned Gladiator so he desided its his turn

majid86
Subby loses big time.

DarkSaint85
Gladiator has his confidence at an all time high when he sees who his opponent is.

Babajaev
why is namor disrespected? he is cooler than piss boy

-Pr-
because being cooler doesn't automatically win you fights.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Babajaev
why is namor disrespected? he is cooler than piss boy

Lol its not disrespect when he is put up against opponents out of his league.

Babajaev
Originally posted by -Pr-
because being cooler doesn't automatically win you fights.

he is also the better fighter by showings, namor went toe 2 toe with hercules that alone gives him the edge over gladiator, also if we judge by how the both of them went up against wolverine.... i really see namor as the better fighter and the strength gap isnt that big between the 2 so i think due to better skills and overall fighting abilities namor takes him out

-Pr-
he is also the better fighter by showings, namor went toe 2 toe with hercules that alone gives him the edge over gladiator, also if we judge by how the both of them went up against wolverine.... i really see namor as the better fighter and the strength gap isnt that big between the 2 so i think due to better skills and overall fighting abilities namor takes him out

namor wouldn't beat gladiator. he'd give him a fight, but gladiator is a higher weight class by a reasonable amount.

aquaman has telepathy to help him too.

Babajaev
namor wouldn't beat gladiator. he'd give him a fight, but gladiator is a higher weight class by a reasonable amount.

aquaman has telepathy to help him too.

aquaman? wrong thread man

its your opinion, the way i see it the strength gap between the 2 is very minor because its really the way it is , but namor is the better fighter backed up by feats of actually ...amm... winning fights? Lol

-Pr-
aquaman? wrong thread man

its your opinion, the way i see it the strength gap between the 2 is very minor because its really the way it is , but namor is the better fighter backed up by feats of actually ...amm... winning fights? Lol

by piss boy i thought you meant aquaman. my bad.

so its only my opinion, but for you its fact? stick out tongue

Babajaev
by piss boy i thought you meant aquaman. my bad.

so its only my opinion, but for you its fact? stick out tongue

well i stated my personal opinion as well which is based on showings which are facts

-Pr-
well i stated my personal opinion as well which is based on showings which are facts

My opinion is based on the comics i've read. shrug

Babajaev
My opinion is based on the comics i've read. shrug

and what brought you to the conclusion gladiator is on another league?

DarkSaint85

There are quite a few.

But here's a shortcut:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=498714&highlight=gladiator+forumid%3A98

-Pr-

he has more consistently high showings than namor, imo.

don't get me wrong, namor has some very good feats to his credit; i just don't think he's shown consistently enough to be on the same level as gladiator. i'm sure he'll give him a fight, and it won't exactly be easy for kallark, but in a straight fight i really don't see namor getting too many wins, if any.

Babajaev
he has more consistently high showings than namor, imo.

don't get me wrong, namor has some very good feats to his credit; i just don't think he's shown consistently enough to be on the same level as gladiator. i'm sure he'll give him a fight, and it won't exactly be easy for kallark, but in a straight fight i really don't see namor getting too many wins, if any.

what? if anything gladiator is one of the characters that has more consistently losing showing in fights vs guys like even black bolt which is sad , namor while may be slightly weaker in strength sure makes up for it by fighting abilities, he went toe 2 toe with hercules who is a thor equel who owned gladiator.... gladiator was and will be a league below guys like thor , he even got owned by black bolt that alone shows you where he stands, at least he beat the no good hyperion roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
what? if anything gladiator is one of the characters that has more consistently losing showing in fights vs guys like even black bolt which is sad , namor while may be slightly weaker in strength sure makes up for it by fighting abilities, he went toe 2 toe with hercules who is a thor equel who owned gladiator.... gladiator was and will be a league below guys like thor , he even got owned by black bolt that alone shows you where he stands, at least he beat the no good hyperion roll eyes (sarcastic)

what's wrong with Blackbolt?

You can't just assume that because Thor beat Gladiator and Hercules matched Thor, that Namor competing with Hercules means he could take Gladiator. That's ABC logic, and isn't allowed.

I'd consider Namor a level or two below Thor too, tbh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator wouldn't wreck Namor, not a chance. He has too good of a record. If they were to fight, I'd wager a hydrated Namor would give as good as he got until Kallark used his heat vision to edge it out. I'm sure some people would cry PIS though.

The last time I saw Namor losing against a big gun, it was a Void influenced Sentry. And even then, he held his own. Not exactly a bad showing.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator wouldn't wreck Namor, not a chance. He has too good of a record. If they were to fight, a hydrated Namor would give as good as he got until Kallark used his heat vision to edge it out.

The last time I saw Namor losing against a big gun, it was a Void influenced Sentry. And even then, he held his own.

But unlike saying that Flash spams IMPs from the get go, Gladiator almost always busts out the heat vision as soon as he fights. Especially when he knows he's up against Namor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator's heat vision should give him the win on average, never denied that. Some people are pretending as if he'd be getting manhandled or something.

Lord Feron
Everything Babajaev says.... laughing

-Pr-
Gladiator's heat vision should give him the win on average, never denied that. Some people are pretending as if he'd be getting manhandled or something.

"Some people"? What, a white man can't have an opinion now? sneer

DarkSaint85

Well...if Namor gives as good as he gets, up until the heat vision gets busted out...that will be a very short fight, no?

Babajaev
what's wrong with Blackbolt?

You can't just assume that because Thor beat Gladiator and Hercules matched Thor, that Namor competing with Hercules means he could take Gladiator. That's ABC logic, and isn't allowed.

I'd consider Namor a level or two below Thor too, tbh.

its not ABC logic its indication, i am pointing out the things namor acomplished and how it compares to gladiator, as i pointed out gladiator may be slightly very very slightly stronger than namor BUT namor makes up forthat with his fighting abilities, namor always held his own and even knocked out the hulk with a punch and went toe 2 toe with hercules, gladiator never held his own he always got trashed up by either hulk or thor or even masterson he is a very lame fighter

of course namor is a league or 2 below thor , thor is the top of the herald chain no herald can match him in marvel universe but it has nothing to do with gladiator who is a crapy fighter

Rage.Of.Olympus
"Some people"? What, a white man can't have an opinion now? sneer

No, not an Irish one.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well...if Namor gives as good as he gets, up until the heat vision gets busted out...that will be a very short fight, no?

What is it exactly that you want to hear from me?

-Pr-
its not ABC logic its indication, i am pointing out the things namor acomplished and how it compares to gladiator, as i pointed out gladiator may be slightly very very slightly stronger than namor BUT namor makes up forthat with his fighting abilities, namor always held his own and even knocked out the hulk with a punch and went toe 2 toe with hercules, gladiator never held his own he always got trashed up by either hulk or thor or even masterson he is a very lame fighter

of course namor is a league or 2 below thor , thor is the top of the herald chain no herald can match him in marvel universe but it has nothing to do with gladiator who is a crapy fighter

I honestly disagree.

No, not an Irish one.

Oh, so it's like that, then...

Babajaev
PR is irish? do you like to fight? all the irish people that i know(2) cant live without fighting

DarkSaint85
No, not an Irish one.

YOU WILL KNEEL before...wait, wrong film.

roughrider
Even at his strongest , Namor is a tier or so below Gladiator, who should still have the powerset of a pre-crisis Superman, from when he was created.

However, Gladiator is a fringe character who is more plot device than person; a deliberate analogue brought in just to make another character look good by losing to them. So of course, Namor has a shot.

Badabing
I sense a disturbance in the force. duryoda

-Pr-
PR is irish? do you like to fight? all the irish people that i know(2) cant live without fighting

no expression
Originally posted by Badabing
I sense a disturbance in the force. duryoda

Took you long enough.

Badabing
mmm

dmills
Originally posted by Bentley

laughing out loud

The Nuul
"Badajaev"

Looks like another one of Badas sock accounts.

Stoic
What about the instastomp when Gladiator laser beams him into fillet of fish?

Damborgson
Namor wont get crushed but he will lose. Gladiator 6-7/10

dmills
See these is where panel fights/showings have to be anchored by powerset/feats imo. Glads is a straight up mid-high herald that possesses planetary destruction level power. He can go to a gear that Namor can never touch.

leonidas
namor loses, badly. even if we allow namor a chance to hang h2h (and he has with thor and hulk and herc so h2h he could certainly hang with glads) his heat vision would be the end of namor fairly quickly.

glads wins 10/10

CosmicComet
Originally posted by dmills
See these is where panel fights/showings have to be anchored by powerset/feats imo. Glads is a straight up mid-high herald that possesses planetary destruction level power. He can go to a gear that Namor can never touch.

I can't imagine Namor smashing a planet, but I can't imagine Namor getting smashed with ease by Gladiator either.

It's difficult to know when/where exactly to draw the line, in a consistent manner throughout any tier at least, imo.

zeel

the strength gap is HUGE between the 2.

dmills
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I can't imagine Namor smashing a planet, but I can't imagine Namor getting smashed with ease by Gladiator either.

It's difficult to know when/where exactly to draw the line, in a consistent manner throughout any tier at least, imo.

Fair enough.

leonidas
Originally posted by zeel
the strength gap is HUGE between the 2.

depends on if you look at feats or battles. namor has ko'd hulk underwater and held his own against nearly every high level brick in marvel. i agree glads is stronger, but based on his battles, he is not THAT far above him and in straight h2h (if he can stay hydrated) namor could definitely hang for a while imo. add in glads energy and speed though, as well as his greater durability, and he wins, but if he stays h2h namor would certainly make him work for it.

Bouboumaster
Gladiator 9/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
There's no large gap between Gladiator and Namor strength wise. Going by some of the things I've read, it's like Namor has to destroy a planet or something to be considered a peer which is quite obviously silly as we'd have to apply the same reasoning to beings like Darkseid, Tyrant, Odin etc.

He's gone toe to toe with Hercules, Hulk, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Black Bolt etc. If I had to pick between one of the two strength wise, I'd pick Gladiator but there's no doubt that an argument could be made for Namor being equal.

zopzop
Even assuming strength wise they may be in the same league (even though I don't think they are), Gladiator is way faster, more durable, doesn't need to breathe (in case he takes the fight to space or something), and has freezing breath and heat vision. PIS/CIS off, Namor dies horribly.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
Even assuming strength wise they may be in the same league (even though I don't think they are), Gladiator is way faster, more durable, doesn't need to breathe (in case he takes the fight to space or something), and has freezing breath and heat vision. PIS/CIS off, Namor dies horribly.

wink

h1a8
This thread is stupid. Gladiator has shown planetary strength and Namor only a few hundred thousand ton strength. Gladiator has shown ftl speed and reflexes. Gladiator at his best will easily whoop 10 Namors. This thread is spite.

leonidas
Originally posted by h1a8
This thread is stupid. Gladiator has shown planetary strength and Namor only a few hundred thousand ton strength. Gladiator has shown ftl speed and reflexes. Gladiator at his best will easily whoop 10 Namors. This thread is spite.

meh, classic hulk has done the same (arguably more) as glads, but classic hulk never had an easy time with namor and flat out lost once.

i agree glads wins though, when adding all his other abilities. but not if they go just h2h. it would be a tough fight for glads h2h based on all namor's showings h2h vs uber bricks.

Sixth_Winged
not even close, Glads destroyed a planet. Only way namor wins is through PIS and glad having a bad day at work, getting constantly doted by his wife and his kids getting sent to a junior correctional facility on the same day.

Wonder why Glads stock drops here on KMC just drastically? I mean there is wolverine stabbing him, cannonball and gambit too, but the other ones aren't so bad as far as low showings go.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Gladiator is much stronger than Namor is seriously low balling the Avenging son.

He has a pretty good track record against the big guns. His worst showing was against Thor but he evened out somewhat by dropping Bill.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
not even close, Glads destroyed a planet.

and still never showed to be stronger than thor and was beat down by hulk. erm

again, glads wins via powerset. in h2h this would NOT be a stomp by any stretch.

dmills
You all are debating panels/showings vs debating feats/powersets.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's just a matter of common sense.

Are you going to apply this logic to Tyrant or Thanos? How about Galactus?

People need to know where to draw the line and Namor is someone with a pretty consistent track record against elite strong men.

For the record, he once broke the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak I believe, and swam through a dimensional wave pool or something that was pinning the rest of the Defenders down IIRC. Also held up Utopia off panel. Not as impressive as shattering a planet in terms of raw strength I guess but even for someone who isn't a feat centric character, he has some under his belt.

leonidas
You all are debating panels/showings vs debating feats/powersets.

huh? not even sure what that means.... confused for my part, i'm using both. which is what we're supposed to do.....

namor has a LONG history of doing well against even the highest level bricks in h2h battle. based on his history, he could certainly give glads a run in a straight h2h battle. looking at overall powersets, glads wins.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by leonidas
and still never showed to be stronger than thor and was beat down by hulk. erm

again, glads wins via powerset. in h2h this would NOT be a stomp by any stretch.

Pretty sure he KNFO Thor once and had a draw with him while Thor was amped. Sure he got owned by lightning once though.

The Hulk showing isn't bad at all considering Glads just thried to BFR him and took on a Thunderclap right through the ear, got pinned down through re entry then had Hulk(somehow knews how to) exploited his weakness. I didn't even see a punch thrown or a contest of strength.

There is really no comparison between strength. He already owned most of Namor's peers hyperion, wonder-man, etc

dmills
huh? not even sure what that means.... confused for my part, i'm using both. which is what we're supposed to do.....

namor has a LONG history of doing well against even the highest level bricks in h2h battle. based on his history, he could certainly give glads a run in a straight h2h battle. looking at overall powersets, glads wins.

It means precisely what it says. People in this thread have two completely different views on how this fight goes. One group essentially says spite in favor of Glads, another says its a close fight, edge to Glads. I just find it interesting that that's the case here. The contrast of debating points I mean.

You have it basically right imo though. The op never stipulated a slugfest, so all things considered I think Glads smokes him. In strict h2h it'll be much closer, but Glads still takes it.

Sin I AM
god i hate abc logic

h1a8
There's no large gap between Gladiator and Namor strength wise. Going by some of the things I've read, it's like Namor has to destroy a planet or something to be considered a peer which is quite obviously silly as we'd have to apply the same reasoning to beings like Darkseid, Tyrant, Odin etc.

He's gone toe to toe with Hercules, Hulk, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Black Bolt etc. If I had to pick between one of the two strength wise, I'd pick Gladiator but there's no doubt that an argument could be made for Namor being equal. High feats and not who characters fought proves superior strength for a character at their best.

Characters are written down to others or are simply shown not operating at their best ability in comics many times. That's how a forum fight differs from one in a comic. There is no plot or story to neuter the characters. If Glads hits with planetary power at his best then we shouldn't assume that everytime he punches someone in a comic that he is hitting them with that same power, because he's not. This goes for Thor, Hercules, Hulk, etc. But in a forum fight Glads can and will pull off planetary punches at will (because he always get to fight at his best.). IMO, Glads at best is leagues above Namor in strength. I view Namor as 2x Thing's strength or somewhere in that ballpark.

CosmicComet
And to be completely real, there's nothing wrong with H1's take here either.

There is no right or wrong, and pretty much no one is entirely consistent in this manner.

dmills

There is no right or wrong, and pretty much no one is entirely consistent in this manner.

Yep. I just find some of these debates hilarious at times because of these opposing philosophies. A while back this exact same thing happened in the Nova vs Iron man thread with very similar points being made. We argued for page after page until one guy made it known how he looks at characters and tiers them and it was completely different from how the other guy did. They were arguing apples and oranges the entire time. I can only wonder how often this is the case in some of these hotly contested threads.

Mindset

There is no right or wrong, and pretty much no one is entirely consistent in this manner. I'm consistently right.

dmills

and pretty much no one is entirely consistent in this manner.

Yep. I've seen people switch it up before. They'll argue straight average panel portrayal if it suits them, but then turn around in another thread and feat/powerset it. Strange.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Pretty sure he KNFO Thor once and had a draw with him while Thor was amped. Sure he got owned by lightning once though.

The Hulk showing isn't bad at all considering Glads just thried to BFR him and took on a Thunderclap right through the ear, got pinned down through re entry then had Hulk(somehow knews how to) exploited his weakness. I didn't even see a punch thrown or a contest of strength.

There is really no comparison between strength. He already owned most of Namor's peers hyperion, wonder-man, etc

huh? 'amped' thor? glads had his sh** kicked in once thor decided he wasn't a friend anymore.... he wasn't even shown to be stronger than masterson. erm

the infamous and completely wrong cry of 'weakness exploitation' has long been one of my favourite kmc myths. note below in the scan that glads is BEING DRAGGED, barely able to move, and UTTERLY at the hulk's mercy BEFORE he shoves him inside the reactor core:

http://imageshack.us/f/694/incrediblehulkannual199.jpg/

hulk had glads at his COMPLETE MERCY before he ever used the reactor. i will never understand how anyone claims 'weakness exploitation' when glads was ALREADY beaten. badly. hulk could simply have jumped on him and pounded him into paste had he chosen to do so.

hyperion?? he and hyperion were almost perfectly matched in power. glads won that fight because he was a better fighter. that's all.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad1.jpg

wonderman was a good showing, i'll admit, but he didn't ko wonderman. he simply smashed him into the ground.

basically, glads has punched and beaten up a big rock/"planet". as a result, that means he can beat namor easily when his vaunted 'rock beating' feat has meant exactly.... nothing regarding his other fights with top bricks? abc logic: glads beats up some rock planet whose size is undefined means he beats up namor? nah. keep the "planet" feat. i'll take his record vs top tiers as his truer level. and using THAT, he is by no means AT ALL, "far" above namor. at least not in strength. though, as i've said, his remaining powerset wins him this fight.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm consistently right.

it's like your mutant power or something.

Badabing
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm consistently right. thumb up

JakeTheBank
huh? 'amped' thor? glads had his sh** kicked in once thor decided he wasn't a friend anymore.... he wasn't even shown to be stronger than masterson. erm

the infamous and completely wrong cry of 'weakness exploitation' has long been one of my favourite kmc myths. note below in the scan that glads is BEING DRAGGED, barely able to move, and UTTERLY at the hulk's mercy BEFORE he shoves him inside the reactor core:

http://imageshack.us/f/694/incrediblehulkannual199.jpg/

hulk had glads at his COMPLETE MERCY before he ever used the reactor. i will never understand how anyone claims 'weakness exploitation' when glads was ALREADY beaten. badly. hulk could simply have jumped on him and pounded him into paste had he chosen to do so.

hyperion?? he and hyperion were almost perfectly matched in power. glads won that fight because he was a better fighter. that's all.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad1.jpg

wonderman was a good showing, i'll admit, but he didn't ko wonderman. he simply smashed him into the ground.

basically, glads has punched and beaten up a big rock/"planet". as a result, that means he can beat namor easily when his vaunted 'rock beating' feat has meant exactly.... nothing regarding his other fights with top bricks? abc logic: glads beats up some rock planet whose size is undefined means he beats up namor? nah. keep the "planet" feat. i'll take his record vs top tiers as his truer level. and using THAT, he is by no means AT ALL, "far" above namor. at least not in strength. though, as i've said, his remaining powerset wins him this fight.

thumb up

zopzop
Quick question to those still saying Namor has a chance in hell : WTF would happen to Namor if Glads did this to him?

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1973/588184fncrcv7largeoz3.th.jpg

JakeTheBank
Imperious Rex him.

nwg202
Gladiator stomps. Namor isn't even top 4 on his uncanny team in terms of raw power...

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
Quick question to those still saying Namor has a chance in hell : WTF would happen to Namor if Glads did this to him?

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1973/588184fncrcv7largeoz3.th.jpg

saying namor can hang with him in straight h2h without getting slaughtered is different from saying he has a chance to win the fight. glads wins 10/10 based on powerset. my problem is people thinking glads runs over him and is so far beyond him in strength that he would slaughter namor.

again.

namor loses but namor's LONG history against bricks is well documented. there is MORE than enough evidence to support that notion imo.

JakeTheBank
The real question is what is Glads gonna do when Namor rocks him with a Celestial punch?

leonidas
he'll do THIS:

nuts

nwg202
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The real question is what is Glads gonna do when Namor rocks him with a Celestial punch?

Actually yes i take it back, glads wins but it isn't a stomp. x-men fighting celestials. Colossus and Namor tearing through Celestial armor...That book is all about feats just like the annihilators

cdtm
Gladiator wins, even underwater.

dmills
saying namor can hang with him in straight h2h without getting slaughtered is different from saying he has a chance to win the fight. glads wins 10/10 based on powerset. my problem is people thinking glads runs over him and is so far beyond him in strength that he would slaughter namor.

again.

namor loses but namor's LONG history against bricks is well documented. there is MORE than enough evidence to support that notion imo.

Here's my thing though -and forgive me if I'm misrepresenting you here, looking at the points you've made, some of the bricks that Namor has banged with have banged with Glads as well, Hulk being one example. His powerset wasn't a major advantage in any of those fights, so why would that be any different here?

leonidas
^ his heat vision would be huge here, due to its ability to dehydrate namor. it could also burn through namor, and he can't heal like hulk. if he took namor into space it would be a HUGE problem for namor as well. i also think glads is the stronger of the 2. i just think that in h2h namor could make glads work for it.

cdtm
Here's my thing though -and forgive me if I'm misrepresenting you here, looking at the points you've made, some of the bricks that Namor has banged with have banged with Glads as well, Hulk being one example. His powerset wasn't a major advantage in any of those fights, so why would that be any different here?

Glads suffers from PIS against older versions of Hulk, the same as against Thor.

Like when he tried flying Hulk into orbit, and got thunderclapped in the ears? Total PIS. Wonder Woman's faster than Hulk, and even she couldn't react to Superman taking her into orbit.

Fights involving Hulk, Wolverine, Cap, and Thor in general should be taken with a grain of salt, because Marvel policy usually dictates their top tier characters not be punked by B or C list characters, even if they really should be...

Although in Thor's case, he doesn't get nearly the same benefit the other three do, so I can forgive the odd example of PIS in his favor. big grin

dmills
^ his heat vision would be huge here, due to its ability to dehydrate namor. it could also burn through namor, and he can't heal like hulk. if he took namor into space it would be a HUGE problem for namor as well. i also think glads is the stronger of the 2. i just think that in h2h namor could make glads work for it.

I can agree with that, and I have scans of Namor getting hit with microwaves that dried him out etc. However I seem to recall one thread (not sure if it was kmc) where peeps were saying that Namor withstood a tactical nuke, which as you probably know is many times hotter upon it initial release of energy then the sun. Some other instances were brought up as well of him withstanding extreme heat and concussive energy. His recent scrap with Blastaar comes to mind.

leonidas
a nuke blast? i've not seen that but would be very interested in doing so. that's a HELL of a durability feat. not many guys can take a nuke shot. he did have some good heat showings agianst johnny in the past. thing is, even assuming namor CAN withstand the vision for a hwile, or a few hits, he still has to ko glads and i don't really see that happening--not before glads powers and strength take him out. i honestly can't see namor winning this fight at all. but i CAN see him making a fight of it before he goes down.

Babajaev
Originally posted by cdtm
Glads suffers from PIS against older versions of Hulk, the same as against Thor.

Like when he tried flying Hulk into orbit, and got thunderclapped in the ears? Total PIS. Wonder Woman's faster than Hulk, and even she couldn't react to Superman taking her into orbit.

Fights involving Hulk, Wolverine, Cap, and Thor in general should be taken with a grain of salt, because Marvel policy usually dictates their top tier characters not be punked by B or C list characters, even if they really should be...

Although in Thor's case, he doesn't get nearly the same benefit the other three do, so I can forgive the odd example of PIS in his favor. big grin

wtf? oh so now anyone who owned gladiator won due to PIS? dude thats lame seriously just face the facts gladiator doesnt belong in the big league, he constantly gets owned by hulk thor and all the top dogs he is not in there league , he belongs to the league of king hyperion , black bolt, namor as we can learn for all his fights

gladiator is a poor mans superman and the things superman can do doesnt mean gladiator can do due to the fact he is inferior in every department

dmills
wtf? oh so now anyone who owned gladiator won due to PIS? dude thats lame seriously just face the facts gladiator doesnt belong in the big league, he constantly gets owned by hulk thor and all the top dogs he is not in there league , he belongs to the league of king hyperion , black bolt, namor as we can learn for all his fights

gladiator is a poor mans superman and the things superman can do doesnt mean gladiator can do due to the fact he is inferior in every department

I wouldn't even mention Glads in the same breath as Blackbolt. The King has a vastly superior record vs the elite top tier in Marvel.

cdtm
I wouldn't even mention Glads in the same breath as Blackbolt. The King has a vastly superior record vs the elite top tier in Marvel.

True.

And Black Bolt rarely, if ever, gets to look half as good as Glads does against Thor, even though he has every right to.

Rage.Of.Olympus
High feats and not who characters fought proves superior strength for a character at their best.

Characters are written down to others or are simply shown not operating at their best ability in comics many times. That's how a forum fight differs from one in a comic. There is no plot or story to neuter the characters. If Glads hits with planetary power at his best then we shouldn't assume that everytime he punches someone in a comic that he is hitting them with that same power, because he's not. This goes for Thor, Hercules, Hulk, etc. But in a forum fight Glads can and will pull off planetary punches at will (because he always get to fight at his best.). IMO, Glads at best is leagues above Namor in strength. I view Namor as 2x Thing's strength or somewhere in that ballpark.

There isn't some hard and fast rule but basing strength levels purely on feats is stupid for some characters. We know Thanos, Darkseid, Doomsday, Odin, Tyrant etc. are all very strong (All stronger than Gladiator by the way) despite the lack of raw strength feats because of their track records. Pure feats don't have any more value than fights against other characters. Sure they're extremes, but that goes both ways.

It's one thing if Namor had an outlier fight here or there but he has a consistent history of operating at a certain level against elite strongmen. So does Gladiator, hence it's not that difficult to guess how they would match up in strength. Of course we shouldn't assume that, stop taking everything to the extreme all the time. Character's fluctuate, they can job or have high end showings, that's why we find averages. Why do you think that comic book politics such as plot has less of an effect on fights than it does on feats?

Gladiator is not multiple times stronger than Namor and if they ever fight, they'll almost certainly be shown to be peers.

Honestly, I don't even know why I replied. I've debate with you enough times to know that you don't even follow you're own reasoning when it doesn't suit you. Even in the context of the same discussion.

Sin I AM
has namor used the power gem he posseses? and i remember in schism that he was quickly taken out of the fight by extreme heat

h1a8
There isn't some hard and fast rule but basing strength levels purely on feats is stupid for some characters. We know Thanos, Darkseid, Doomsday, Odin, Tyrant etc. are all very strong (All stronger than Gladiator by the way) despite the lack of raw strength feats because of their track records. Pure feats don't have any more value than fights against other characters. Sure they're extremes, but that goes both ways.

It's one thing if Namor had an outlier fight here or there but he has a consistent history of operating at a certain level against elite strongmen. So does Gladiator, hence it's not that difficult to guess how they would match up in strength. Of course we shouldn't assume that, stop taking everything to the extreme all the time. Character's fluctuate, they can job or have high end showings, that's why we find averages. Why do you think that comic book politics such as plot has less of an effect on fights than it does on feats?

Gladiator is not multiple times stronger than Namor and if they ever fight, they'll almost certainly be shown to be peers.

Honestly, I don't even know why I replied. I've debate with you enough times to know that you don't even follow you're own reasoning when it doesn't suit you. Even in the context of the same discussion.

See the problem is that you are viewing the fight as WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN A COMIC. I agree that in a comic Namor would make Gladiator work for it. But forum characters are different than the average comic characters. If Glads hit Namor with a planet busting punch (in the comic) then Namor will surely be dead or koed (in the very same comic). The reason that you won't see that is because the writer isn't going to let Glads hit Namor with a planet busting punch. But in a forum there is no writer to stop it from happening.

And I do follow my own reasoning. If I don't then please tell me how I don't (PM me) so that I can see through my own bias. I don't won't to be bias. That's the honest to God truth.

leonidas
See the problem is that you are viewing the fight as WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN A COMIC. I agree that in a comic Namor would make Gladiator work for it. But forum characters are different than the average comic characters. If Glads hit Namor with a planet busting punch (in the comic) then Namor will surely be dead or koed (in the very same comic). The reason that you won't see that is because the writer isn't going to let Glads hit Namor with a planet busting punch.

or maybe because it is out of character for him to do so? and character must be taken into account.

zopzop
If the OP had said straight H2H no other exotic powers, I can actually see Namor holding his own and winning a few. But there was no such stipulation, so Namor gets creamed.

h1a8
or maybe because it is out of character for him to do so? and character must be taken into account.

In character implies CHOICE. I'm pretty sure Glads (not Superman) is not exempt from choosing to try to kill. In other words, Glads doesn't hit with planet shattering punches in a comic because of his choice not to but because the writer writes him with less strength (or less confidence). Just like the writer wrote him not strong enough (or confident enough) to uppercut Hulk into space and had him try to carry him there at under light speed.

-Pr-
In character implies CHOICE. I'm pretty sure Glads (not Superman) is not exempt from choosing to try to kill. In other words, Glads doesn't hit with planet shattering punches in a comic because of his choice not to but because the writer writes him with less strength (or less confidence). Just like the writer wrote him not strong enough (or confident enough) to uppercut Hulk into space and had him try to carry him there at under light speed.

Gladiator doesn't set out to kill everyone he fights. He actually has his own code of honour, as twisted as it can be at times.

That's an aspect of his personality, not generally a writer imposed weakness.

h1a8
Gladiator doesn't set out to kill everyone he fights. He actually has his own code of honour, as twisted as it can be at times.

That's an aspect of his personality, not generally a writer imposed weakness.

I know and agree. But I said he wasn't exempt from trying to kill. Superman isn't so lucky as he doesn't kill period.

But in light of things I guess Glads wouldn't be trying to kill on a forum fight unless the chips are down or he is ordered to (although he tried or succeeded in killing many on panel, including Hulk).

Colossus-Big C
Gladiator is thousands of times stronger than namor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Gladiator is thousands of times stronger than namor.

I highly, highly, highly doubt that.

Damborgson
Big-C said it so I will assume its true.

nwg202
Glads drags namor into orbit...Namor needs air right? Can he fight in space?

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.