flash infinite mass punch vs ustoppable Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nwg202
What happens when flash goes light speed and gains mass and goes head on into a blitzing Cyttorak powered Colossus? Who gets knocked on his ass?

Science vs Magic

leonidas
who gets knocked on their ass? flash does. magic doesn't obey the laws of physics. of course, neither does the IMP..... still. that IMP would need to do a lot more than it showed that SINGLE TIME to make me believe it could do what only a celestial amped hulk and the godblast could do....

DarkSaint85
That's a good point. How many times has he used the IMP?

leonidas
once, officially. and that was a long time ago....

DarkSaint85
Yeah, in the New World Order story arc - I have fond memories of that.

Surely he has used a variant (so not quite infinite) of it as well?

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, in the New World Order story arc - I have fond memories of that.

Surely he has used a variant (so not quite infinite) of it as well?

that was a GREAT arc. as far as a variant, not sure there really has been. his speed is obvioulsy cited as the reason he hits so hard, but he has never performed that particular feat again. frankly, i think the writers sort of figured out that it doesn't make much sense and have left it alone.....

Uriel005
Originally posted by leonidas
that was a GREAT arc. as far as a variant, not sure there really has been. his speed is obvioulsy cited as the reason he hits so hard, but he has never performed that particular feat again. frankly, i think the writers sort of figured out that it doesn't make much sense and have left it alone..... yes but he still hits far harder than the average person due to his acceleration. Also he is at least on par for zoom/professor zoom.

Galan007
Flash has used that ability twice. Once against the White Martian Zum. The other time against Professor Zoom, when he struck with the force of 'a white dwarf star'.

Regardless, the fan-made term "infinite" mass punch is incorrect terminology. Flash's mass increases toward infinity at speeds approaching light- he doesn't actually achieve "infinite" mass. Thus "increasing" mass punch is a much better suited phrase.

Lord Feron
What exactly is the "force of a white star" like imagine me hitting you with a star? wut??

Galan007
Sorry, I should have been more clear. At light speed, Flash's punch packed the mass of a white dwarf star:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7844/apunchlikestar.th.jpg

As ridiculously uber as that might be, it is still FAR less than "infinite."

Uriel005
Originally posted by Galan007
Sorry, I should have been more clear. At light speed, Flash's punch packed the mass of a white dwarf star:

As ridiculously uber as that might be, it is still FAR less than "infinite." to true. But for someone to be able to toss those around at all and considering his only stip to do so is to be approaching/ going ftl....

Rooster823
Up becomes down, Black becomes white....Rhino becomes awesome....

gungrave227
Originally posted by Rooster823
Up becomes down, Black becomes white....Rhino becomes awesome....

And batman becomes a poor man.

I'd say flash hits colossus .
And that's it.
Nothing.

nwg202
Actually i don't even know if mass is the appropriate term. If you are near infinite mass how does the earth support you? maybe more like an increase of kinetic energy...infinite kinetic energy punch...

gungrave227
Originally posted by nwg202
Actually i don't even know if mass is the appropriate term. If you are near infinite mass how does the earth support you? maybe more like an increase of kinetic energy...infinite kinetic energy punch...

That sounds about right .
With his super viberiotions and what not.

Mindset
Actually i don't even know if mass is the appropriate term. If you are near infinite mass how does the earth support you? maybe more like an increase of kinetic energy...infinite kinetic energy punch... Speedforce.

nwg202
Originally posted by Mindset
Speedforce.

Yup. you're probably right...the utimate dues ex machina

nwg202
Originally posted by Galan007

As ridiculously uber as that might be, it is still FAR less than "infinite."

Don't really follow flash outside the JLA if he hit zoom with the mass of a white dwarf star, why is Zoom still alive? If his durability is so great why did he get stabbed by bats in flashpoint? Do the speedsters gain more durability when they move as opposed to standing still?

Sixth_Winged
IMP seemed uber but barring unexplained PIS like onslaught, i haven't seen Juggs get affected by anything while he's pressing forward.

Gonna go with Juggs since unstopability is literally his power.

Uriel005
Yup. you're probably right...the utimate dues ex machina Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
IMP seemed uber but barring unexplained PIS like onslaught, i haven't seen Juggs get affected by anything while he's pressing forward.

Gonna go with Juggs since unstopability is literally his power. IMP is entirely PIS loaded considering any character capable of FTL should be able to do it. Also Speed force is one of the most retardedly powerful forces I've seen in DC considering capabilities include Time travel on a stupidly high scale, stopping kinetic energy via speed steal/accelerating yourself even faster via speed steal and considering that I can't remember a time when it's been used and actually failed bar a zoom/professor zoom fight... I mean I love the Flashes. But as I've consistently stated Speedforce needs a good beating with a nerf bat especially if you want any flash to be Herald level. I just don't see how writers can consider it a viable force in comics considering it's capabilities and the fact that they basically took away Barry's limitations concerning its use.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.