Gimli vs Bruenor Battlehammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dum Dum Dugan
Which dwarf is the strongest?

which is the fastest?

which has the better feats?

which would win, if they met upon the battle field?

colossulrage
im not to familiar with bruenor havent played the game to much but id have to go with gimili(book version) he was pretty badass. unlike the movie version where he was straight comic relief

Flameback
I like Gimli but Bruenor wins this one. My favorite feat is in "Streams Of Silver" when Bruenor jumps onto the back of a black dragon and rides it all the way to bottom of the mines, killing it as it goes. EPIC!!

Pwned
Read Gauntlgrim. It saddens me to say it, but a 1v1 fight against a pit fiend leaves me saying one thing: Bruenor wins this.

Of course, it IS only due to his magical equipment. If it was all mundane stuff, I would say Gimli wins.

Stealth Moose
Bruenor isn't just aided by a good amount of magical items, he's also incredibly durable and has an iron will which allows him to tank melee damage to an extent almost superhuman. While Gimli is fantastic at hewing orcs (being able to keep pace with Legolas) and is described as a great warrior, Bruenor simply has too many instances of incredible ingenuity mixed with ridiculous fortitude and determination.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Pwned
Read Gauntlgrim. It saddens me to say it, but a 1v1 fight against a pit fiend leaves me saying one thing: Bruenor wins this.

Of course, it IS only due to his magical equipment. If it was all mundane stuff, I would say Gimli wins.

Bruenor did not really have magical equipment of any real value until that final book and it was like that last 50 pages.

Why would gimli win with mundane equiptment? Do you recall some of bruenors feats?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Bruenor isn't just aided by a good amount of magical items, he's also incredibly durable and has an iron will which allows him to tank melee damage to an extent almost superhuman. While Gimli is fantastic at hewing orcs (being able to keep pace with Legolas) and is described as a great warrior, Bruenor simply has too many instances of incredible ingenuity mixed with ridiculous fortitude and determination.

I feel Bruenor is one of RA most underrated characters.

Robtard
From what I recall of the Icewind Dale books and such, Bruenor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.