The Asgardian Destroyer vs Darkseid...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Both combatants fire their most destructive attack (The Destroyer uses its Disintegrator Beam and Darkseid uses the Omega Effect) at a 10 foot wall of pure Primary Adamantium...

Which attack does the most damage to the wall?

Stoic
Classic Adamantium, and not this watered down tin that Marvel has going on these days would remained unmarred.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic
Classic Adamantium, and not this watered down tin that Marvel has going on these days would remained unmarred.

So you'd pick the Stalemate option? smile

Stoic
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
So you'd pick the Stalemate option? smile

Pretty much, but I think that the Destroyer's blast would be greater if measured.

Cogito
Depends on the versions

Gecko4lif
Severe under estimation of Darkseid

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Cogito
Depends on the versions

Current Destroyer...

Darkseid as he was during Hunter/Prey...

quanchi112
Destroyer, easily.

h1a8
Darkseid at his best erases AD from existence with ease.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
Darkseid at his best erases AD from existence with ease.

Re-read the OP; this isnt a fight between the two...

Its a contest to see which can do the most damage to a 10 foot thick wall of pure Primary Adamantium...

gogogadgetgo
Adamantium is over rated. They should both melt that shit to a melted puddle.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Re-read the OP; this isnt a fight between the two...

Its a contest to see which can do the most damage to a 10 foot thick wall of pure Primary Adamantium...

Would erasing it be the same as damaging it?

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Would erasing it be the same as damaging it?

I'm a bit confused of the Omega rule; does it erase or displace?

the Darkone
I'm a bit confused of the Omega rule; does it erase or displace?

It can do both, the Omega Effect goes off the will of Darkseid. If Darkseid wants to erase you unless you fit a role in the universe or a very powerful being it can erase or displace you from the present time to the past or the future or another dimension!

Clarkie Kent
In Smallville Darksied was like a God of Evil what can the armour from Thor do against that?

JakeTheBank
Depends on who's animating the Destroyer.

Stoic
Originally posted by the Darkone
It can do both, the Omega Effect goes off the will of Darkseid. If Darkseid wants to erase you unless you fit a role in the universe or a very powerful being it can erase or displace you from the present time to the past or the future or another dimension!

Ok so what happened to Doomsday in Hunter Prey? Not sure if I want to go for the "it wasn't the true Darkseid" argument, because nowhere did it ever state that Darkseid was actually Desaad in that arc. The truth is, that Darkseid failed to stop a being, less durable than primary adamantium. If the Destroyer can't slag 10 feet of this substance, there is no way that Darkseid is. I base this on, on panel evidence.

Unless of course some one else has a reason for Doomsday getting up several seconds after Darkseid blasted him. I just hope the argument is better than, "Darkseid killed him, and he came back from the dead" because when Superman put DOS Doomsday down, it took months for him to rise, a similar story applies for when Imperiex reduced him to bones. That also took him months to rise to peak form.

IMO The Asgardian Destroyer pushes more weight.

Gecko4lif
Ok so what happened to Doomsday in Hunter Prey? Not sure if I want to go for the "it wasn't the true Darkseid" argument, because nowhere did it ever state that Darkseid was actually Desaad in that arc. The truth is, that Darkseid failed to stop a being, less durable than primary adamantium. If the Destroyer can't slag 10 feet of this substance, there is no way that Darkseid is. I base this on, on panel evidence.

Unless of course some one else has a reason for Doomsday getting up several seconds after Darkseid blasted him. I just hope the argument is better than, "Darkseid killed him, and he came back from the dead" because when Superman put DOS Doomsday down, it took months for him to rise, a similar story applies for when Imperiex reduced him to bones. That also took him months to rise to peak form.

IMO The Asgardian Destroyer pushes more weight.
Few things.

1. The omega effect comes in 2 flavors. Eye beams and hand beams. For some reason the eye beams are significantly weaker
2. Much like thor writers forget that darkseid's omega effect has a shit load of versilitlty outside of just being "strong lazor be@morz plo0x". That can erase you from reality, copy you into darkseids brain for eternity, displace you into another dimension, displace you into another time, Simple teleportation, give you super powers, take away super powers, set you on fire etc
3. Doomsday got up after being buried under molten slag. But it wasnt molten anymore when he came back, and seeing as how cooling takes time(Several mintue on low end, hours on high end depending on the material) he clearly died and resurrected.

Stoic
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Few things.

1. The omega effect comes in 2 flavors. Eye beams and hand beams. For some reason the eye beams are significantly weaker
2. Much like thor writers forget that darkseid's omega effect has a shit load of versilitlty outside of just being "strong lazor be@morz plo0x". That can erase you from reality, copy you into darkseids brain for eternity, displace you into another dimension, displace you into another time, Simple teleportation, give you super powers, take away super powers, set you on fire etc
3. Doomsday got up after being buried under molten slag. But it wasnt molten anymore when he came back, and seeing as how cooling takes time(Several mintue on low end, hours on high end depending on the material) he clearly died and resurrected.

1. Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know all of that about Darkseid.

2. I think you may be thinking too hard about what was on the writers mind, unless otherwise stated in an interview. Was it stated as such? Artists sometimes draw exactly what is the viewer is supposed to interpret, and thus your explanation of number 2 may not be any more accurate, or valid than what I took as Doomsday rising unscathed, and barreling in to flatten Darkseid, with what I thought to be a comical display in terms of the butt whoopin he took.

Let's just say, that it raised an eyebrow, and mine are pretty thick.

Stoic
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Few things.

Sorry for the double post, but can someone explain how Doomsday from Hunter Prey got right back up after Darkseid's blast? Can you also explain why if Doomsday was killed during that arc with Darkseid, why was this time different from the other two times that he was killed, which took him months to reform?

Does anyone believe that Doomsday was killed by Darkseid's blast, or was he just momentarily stunned? Sorry I've always wondered, and wanted to get an unbiased opinion.

Blight
Sorry for the double post, but can someone explain how Doomsday from Hunter Prey got right back up after Darkseid's blast? Can you also explain why if Doomsday was killed during that arc with Darkseid, why was this time different from the other two times that he was killed, which took him months to reform?

Does anyone believe that Doomsday was killed by Darkseid's blast, or was he just momentarily stunned? Sorry I've always wondered, and wanted to get an unbiased opinion.
I always thought he was killed, and I read that arc when I was 17 and didn't know crap about Darkseid...

Stoic
Originally posted by Blight
I always thought he was killed, and I read that arc when I was 17 and didn't know crap about Darkseid...

1. Explain him getting up so quickly there, when he was unable to do so after his battle with Superman during DOS?

2. If you believe that he evolved to a point that he could rise immediately from death, explain in a later story why it took him so long to come back, after Imperiex turned him into a skeleton.

It doesn't add up when you think about it in terms of continuity. You know what I mean?

TheLordofMurder
@Stoic

I honestly believe that HP Doomsday was only stunned by the Omega Effect...

Originally, the Omega Effect was written to be Darkseids "ace in the hole" attack; it was supposed to be just as unstoppable as the Ultimate Nullifier (except against beings considered to be essential to the universe of course)...

Over the years, however, the Omega Effect has been written down further and further; its still a very powerful attack, but its nothing compared to what it was originally intended to be...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.