X-Force V.S. The JSA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
X-Force
Archangel
Wolverine
Fantomex
Psylocke
Deadpool

V.S.

Citizen Steel
Judomaster
Stargirl
King Chimera
Huntress
Hawkman

Standard Equipment

Fight in a Brooklyn Bridge.

Sin I AM
jsa for the maj

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Sin I AM
jsa for the maj

think these teams are reasonably even?

Bentley
Hawkman rips them appart.

Cogito
Citizen Steel one shots them all.

Bentley
Or gets mind-raped?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Lord Feron
think these teams are reasonably even?

if the jsa job and u use only the high end feats for x-force sure

Cogito
Originally posted by Bentley
Or gets mind-raped?

Or, punches them all in the face.

guy222
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10825446_WatX-M_A-O_02_Megan-TheGroup_pg15.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10825447_WatX-M_A-O_02_Megan-TheGroup_pg16.jpg

Q99
Take out Psylocke and CS is unstoppable.

carver9
I think Wolverine could rip through Citizen steel. Steel also was as slow as hell.

Prep-Man
citizen steel ftw.

Existere
X-Force should take this.

Glorificus
X-Force wins.

Psylocke's going to be doing a heck of a lot of mind raping and mind control.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
Take out Psylocke and CS is unstoppable.
What are cs powers? I to be honest have very little knolwedge if any of that character.

abhilegend
Stronger than KC superman should be suffice.

Prep-Man
Hawkman has some good psychic resistance feats.

Dum Dum Dugan
psi blade to the dome will put him right down.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hawkman has some good psychic resistance feats. I doubt he has feats to assume he can resist getting adamantium shoved up his ass though.

I'd like to know a bit about Citizen Steel though.

Prep-Man
Nothing was able to Harm Citizen Steel. At least physically. Gog wasn't able to do anything. Plus, he was able to knock down Gog, when Kingdom Come Superman couldn't. You know, the guy who is more powerful than regular Superman.

Parmaniac
Nothing was able to Harm Citizen Steel. At least physically. Gog wasn't able to do anything. Plus, he was able to knock down Gog, when Kingdom Come Superman couldn't. You know, the guy who is more powerful than regular Superman. Sounds like a spite thread with CS.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Sounds like a spite thread with CS.
I would take what ever Prepman says in concern to more obscure characters with a grain of salt. He more then once played a character up to a level there feats did not remotely suggest.

He could be right here, but I would not take his opinion on any sort of obscure character as fact.

carver9
Wolverine would take out Citizen Steel.

Bouboumaster
Citizen Steel is a monster.

If Psylocke fail to take him out, X-Force are in for huge problems. The claws of Wolverine might be sharp enough to pierce his skin, but is Wolverine strong enough to do any lasting damage? I don't know.

Most likely, Citizen Steel bfr him

Prep-Man
bouba is right. wolverine would probably just scratch cs. galan has posted the pics many times on cs.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I would take what ever Prepman says in concern to more obscure characters with a grain of salt. He more then once played a character up to a level there feats did not remotely suggest.

He could be right here, but I would not take his opinion on any sort of obscure character as fact. Im pretty sure he's right on this one. If Im remembering it right Gog pretty much took over the planet and somehow got some heroes to join him and housed the rest including most of jla's big guns. I think CS was with Gog then changed his mind and then one shotted him.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by carver9
Wolverine would take out Citizen Steel. Citizen Steel would roflstomp Wolverine.

King Chimera could deal with Psylocke's telepathy with his own misdirection abilities. Although him doing that while Fantomex is using his own misdirection abilities is arguable.

This is closer than one would think.

JakeTheBank

Lol. No.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol. No.

You don't think Wolverine claws could cut through his hide?

JakeTheBank
You don't think Wolverine claws could pierce CS skin?

Superficial surface damage at best.

CS would beat the shit out of him.

Existere
Wolverine can't, but Psylocke's psychic blade should deal with him pretty easily.

X-Force has the tools to put down JSA, but the latter are packing more power here. I tend to think of the X-Force members as being all around more deadly and competent fighters though (not a mark against JSA by any means) so I'd probably side with the mutants.

JakeTheBank
I agree with that. ^

It is a close fight, all in all.

carver9
Superficial surface damage at best.

CS would beat the shit out of him.

I disagree. Wolverine has cut some of the most durable beings in comics from Thanos, to Mangog, to Thor, Gladiator, to WWH, to...do I need to keep going?

You are underating them pokers.

Q99
You don't think Wolverine claws could cut through his hide?

Nope. CS has crazy durability.

Not even a fastball special would do.

JakeTheBank
I disagree. Wolverine has cut some of the most durable beings in comics from Thanos, to Mangog, to Thor, Gladiator, to WWH, to...do I need to keep going?

Most of those people got superficial cuts to their skin that wasn't anywhere close to the fatal kill stroke most Logan fanboys try to pass them off as.

When Logan nearly kills someone of CS' durability or around it, color me impressed.

Glorificus
I think people forget Psylocke is one of the few telepaths who's affected Juggernaut.

And Juggernaut's durability >>>> Citizen Steel's. A psychic blade is going to ignore his armor and durability entirely.

And all the psychic resistance in the world isn't going to help Hawkman against telekinesis and then a psi knife to the skull.

OneDumbG0
^ Psyclocke psi-knifed Juggernaut through his armor? Really?

Q99
Psylocke's the only threat to CS. Like I said, take her out and that's game.

What are cs powers? I to be honest have very little knolwedge if any of that character.

Pure brick, with an emphasis on defense and never getting knocked down. Notably, he has a very thick steel skin, put on to restrict his strength, without which he'd be unable to fully control it.

If it's removed, his strength is doubled, and like others said he knocked down Gog, which even KC Superman didn't.

Dum Dum Dugan
Most of those people got superficial cuts to their skin that wasn't anywhere close to the fatal kill stroke most Logan fanboys try to pass them off as.

When Logan nearly kills someone of CS' durability or around it, color me impressed.
I have no problem with the idea wolverien can't do much damage if any to cs. Because honestly I don't know much about him. But please do not make up utter bs.

Superficial? He cut king Thor so badly his arm became useless. He also cut Thor badly enough to have him clutching his side. Then we have what he recently did to ragnarok, stabbing clear into him deeply. Wolverine also stabb clear through Gladiator as well. He had more then haft a claw in WWH arm while having no leverage. He also stabbed right through Thanos chest. Your example suck hard. very very hard. Superficial my ass.

DarkSaint85

How does he rate against Colossus (pre-Cytorrak)? That would be a much better comparison.

JakeTheBank
I have no problem with the idea wolverien can't do much damage if any to cs. Because honestly I don't know much about him. But please do not make up utter bs.

Superficial? He cut king Thor so badly his arm became useless. He also cut Thor badly enough to have him clutching his side. Then we have what he recently did to ragnarok, stabbing clear into him deeply. Wolverine also stabb clear through Gladiator as well. He had more then haft a claw in WWH arm while having no leverage. He also stabbed right through Thanos chest. Your example suck hard. very very hard. Superficial my ass.

He cut the skin. He didn't sever his arm off like people like to believe; that happened due to a prolonged contest between Hulk and Thing. Ragnarok is a cyborg clone of Thor (ie. not the real deal). When Wolverine fought the real Thor, he didn't do any lasting damage at all due to the thickness of Thor's Asgardian skin. Thor was in no mortal danger. Wolverine also conceded that WWH was harder to cut than the previous incarnations of Hulk he fought before. He stabbed Gladiator...who wasn't in any danger of dying. I don't even need to mention Thanos. I didn't make up anything at all, yet you felt the need to rush in to presumably defend Logan.

My examples suck? What I said still stands:

Dum Dum Dugan

Parmaniac

Dum Dum Dugan

StyleTime
This is a close fight, with an edge to X-Force due largely to Psylocke.

Parmaniac
I agree he not on the same level. But he is extremely durable and powerful. Also i don't believe he was one shotted at all. he had prolonged fight with a very enraged hercules if I recall correctly. I bet will be seeing some good durability feats of his to come. Maybe you're right on the length of battle can't really remember it, except that Herc was pissed and shoved the hammer deep into his head.

Galan007
As it stands, X-Force wins--thanks solely to Psylocke's mind raping capabilities. The JSA has no defense against that.

Sans her, CS would solo.

Lord Feron
Wow this is one of the most successful threads I made. Booyah!!!! (thanks all!)

carver9
Citizen steel would probably get carved through by Wolverine.

Prep-Man
Not really. He probably won't hurt him.

carver9
Not really. He probably won't hurt him.

Adamantium is a hell of a drug. Wolverine has cut some of the most durable beings in comics. I see no reason on why he couldn't potentially rip through Citizen Steel. Has any tried cutting Steel with a Promethium sword?

Prep-Man
Eh, I just don't see it. CS would ko him anyway.

-Pr-
I see no reason on why he couldn't potentially rip through Citizen Steel.

Common sense.

carver9
Eh, I just don't see it. CS would ko him anyway.

CS is slow as hell...lol.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Common sense.

What does that mean? That doesn't take away from the fact that Wolverine has sliced some durable beings.

-Pr-
CS is slow as hell...lol.

Yeah, because nobody slow has ever hit Wolverine.

What does that mean? That doesn't take away from the fact that Wolverine has sliced some durable beings.

It also doesn't mean anything.

I've seduced some beautiful women; it doesn't mean I'm going to have Scarlett Johanssen in my bed any time soon.

carver9
Yeah, because nobody slow has ever hit Wolverine.

It also doesn't mean anything.

I've seduced some beautiful women; it doesn't mean I'm going to have Scarlett Johanssen in my bed any time soon.

laughing out loud That's not what I am saying. I'm saying that Wolverine would land more licks and if Wolverine claws could cut him like I think they could then the fight would favor him. This is a guy that sport at cutting people in the eyes.

Wolverine chances of cutting him is high.

Prep-Man
He can scratch him, that's it.

JakeTheBank

-Pr-
laughing out loud That's not what I am saying. I'm saying that Wolverine would land more licks and if Wolverine claws could cut him like I think they could then the fight would favor him. This is a guy that sport at cutting people in the eyes.

Wolverine chances of cutting him is high.

That's a lot of ifs, Carver.

how is it high?

JakeTheBank
That's a lot of ifs, Carver.

how is it high?

Wolverithmatics.

-Pr-
Wolverithmatics.

I'm only going to forgive you because you have an epic sig/avatar combo.

JakeTheBank
I'm only going to forgive you because you have an epic sig/avatar combo.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/JeriTroll/LikeATroll.gif

-Pr-
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/JeriTroll/LikeATroll.gif

how is jericho doing nowadays?

JakeTheBank
how is jericho doing nowadays?

He's the main event heel for Raw right now, feuding with CM Punk currently.

His return to the WWE was honestly one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen. He made a bunch of cryptic videos mysteriously hyping the "end of the world as you know it", and after months of these, he arrives on Raw and basically just does this really over exaggerated fan friendly return. He spends like, literally, twenty minutes doing nothing but pumping up the crowd and screaming "Yeah!" and "Come on, baby!" and being this cheesy goof. When he finally gets the mic, he just stands there smiling and cheering, and doesn't say anything.

Next week, he does the same thing, but then randomly breaks down into tears and leaves. Week after that, he gets into a tag team match, makes everyone hyped for him when he gets tagged in, basically pumps up the crowd with taunts, and then just...leaves the match, without doing a single move or getting hit once. Then he does another promo where he wastes ten minutes just being a goofball. Long story short, he does this shit for several weeks, eventually attacking CM Punk and making an epic promo about how he got the fans to cheer for him just by screaming like a moron and says and I quote, "I just trolled you all".

Basically, Chris Jericho is a genius.

-Pr-
He's the main event heel for Raw right now, feuding with CM Punk currently.

His return to the WWE was honestly one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen. He made a bunch of cryptic videos mysteriously hyping the "end of the world as you know it", and after months of these, he arrives on Raw and basically just does this really over exaggerated fan friendly return. He spends like, literally, twenty minutes doing nothing but pumping up the crowd and screaming "Yeah!" and "Come on, baby!" and being this cheesy goof. When he finally gets the mic, he just stands there smiling and cheering, and doesn't say anything.

Next week, he does the same thing, but then randomly breaks down into tears and leaves. Week after that, he gets into a tag team match, makes everyone hyped for him when he gets tagged in, basically pumps up the crowd with taunts, and then just...leaves the match, without doing a single move or getting hit once. Then he does another promo where he wastes ten minutes just being a goofball. Long story short, he does this shit for several weeks, eventually attacking CM Punk and making an epic promo about how he got the fans to cheer for him just by screaming like a moron and says and I quote, "I just trolled you all".

Basically, Chris Jericho is a genius.

laughing

Oh, how like the old days...

Prep-Man
Chris who?

Warrior would toss him out the ring. :-p

JakeTheBank
laughing

Oh, how like the old days...

Yeah, the Jeri-Troll gimmick is awesome as hell. Probably even better than his traditional Y2J one.

JakeTheBank
Chris who?

Warrior would toss him out the ring. :-p

Jericho is so > Ultimate Warrior, it's not even funny.

Except it totally is.

Prep-Man

Except it totally is.

That's what everyone thinks...until the Warrior gets pumped up, starts shaking the ropes and making Chris shit his pants. wink

carver9

Except it totally is.

Cant believe you typed this nonsense.

Sirius77

No.

Prep-Man
What is your favorite decade of wrestling, Jake? Now?

JakeTheBank
Cant believe you typed this nonsense.

Can't believe you're arguing the point.

Warrior is/was garbage in the ring and such a prima donna with a fragile ego. He's also a raging lunatic. I'll give him the fact that he's one of the most intense workers in the biz, bar none, but everything else? He fails when compared to Chris Jericho. Hard.

JakeTheBank
What is your favorite decade of wrestling, Jake? Now?

This has been a good decade if you go 2002-2012 so far. I think the in-ring work is better than it has been in a long, long time, and the story lines are getting back to the point where I'm engaged enough to tune in. Attitude Era is still pretty epic, though.

Prep-Man
This has been a good decade if you go 2002-2012 so far. I think the in-ring work is better than it has been in a long, long time, and the story lines are getting back to the point where I'm engaged enough to tune in. Attitude Era is still pretty epic, though.

So, Attitude Era? I mainly watched in the 80's to late 90's. After that, it kinda got lame, IMO. And predictable.

carver9
Can't believe you're arguing the point.

Warrior is/was garbage in the ring and such a prima donna with a fragile ego. He's also a raging lunatic. I'll give him the fact that he's one of the most intense workers in the biz, bar none, but everything else? He fails when compared to Chris Jericho. Hard.

I'm not a fan of Jericho and comparing him to Ultimate Warrior, one of the best wrestlers of all time is insane. You might need to relook at what Warrior has accomplished. You might be playing with all of this though...I don't (hope) think you are serious.

JakeTheBank
So, Attitude Era? I mainly watched in the 80's to late 90's. After that, it kinda got lame, IMO. And predictable.

80s - 90s was a good time for wrestling. Rock, Austin, D-X, Bret Hart, nWo before the suckage, etc...

Really, though, WWE has stepped up its game a lot, probably due to the fact that you have more wrestlers working behind the scenes and there's a lot more fresh blood in the company. The matches are solid, angles are pretty good and not as predictable as before. And hell, they've even made John Cena matches/angles interesting, which is...crazy.

Prep-Man
He's one of the most popular, sure, but the best? He lacked skill and you could hardly hear what he's saying. lol

-Pr-
That's what everyone thinks...until the Warrior gets pumped up, starts shaking the ropes and making Chris shit his pants. wink

As soon as Warrior tries to actually wrestle, he'll collapse from exhaustion.

--

Also, Jericho is a much more skilled wrestler than warrior, imo.

Prep-Man
80s - 90s was a good time for wrestling. Rock, Austin, D-X, Bret Hart, nWo before the suckage, etc...

Really, though, WWE has stepped up its game a lot, probably due to the fact that you have more wrestlers working behind the scenes and there's a lot more fresh blood in the company. The matches are solid, angles are pretty good and not as predictable as before. And hell, they've even made John Cena matches/angles interesting, which is...crazy.

yes

Has all the old fogies retired? Like Ric Flair?

JakeTheBank
I'm not a fan of Jericho and comparing him to Ultimate Warrior, one of the best wrestlers of all time is insane. You might need to relook at what Warrior has accomplished. You might be playing with all of this though...I don't (hope) think you are serious.

Lol?

Are you not a fan of Jericho because he's a heel (bad guy?) Because if you hate him because of that, then, well, he's doing his job; his job is to make people hate him right now. And, to be blunt, you and I have very different opinions on what makes someone one of the best wrestlers of all time.

Me, personally, I look at the total package:
-Charisma
-Appearance
-In-Ring work ability
-Uniqueness
-Ability to draw (ie. put asses in seats)
-Backstage demeanor

And really, Warrior's only saving grace was his legendary intensity. Wrestling wise, he was sloppy in the ring. He's also, like I said, a maniac. His butthurt about Hulk Hogan is also legendary.

And really, there's nothing bad you can say about Jericho, in the ring, on the mic, backstage, or anything else, not if you know the business. He's well liked, well respected, and is a work horse who has put on some of the best matches of all time. Guy's also the first ever Undisputed Champion of the WWF/E, the only guy to beat Rock and Stone Cold in the same night, and the man who's held the Intercontinental Title more times than anyone else.

Frankly, his accomplishments shit on Warrior's.

carver9
Best wrestlers of all time...

The Rock
Cena
Undertaker
Bret heart
Bucka T (think I spelled that right)
Goldberg
Can't remember the big guy name that use to wear those tight a** draws and sit on you...I think his name was Yokasuno.
Rick Flare
Hulk Hogan
Austin

Jericho doesn't even deserve to be mentioned with these people.

JakeTheBank
yes

Has all the old fogies retired? Like Ric Flair?

Yeah, Flair's retired from WWE, though he still does stuff in TNA - which I avoid like the plague nowadays. Shawn Michaels was recently retired and inducted into the Hall of Fame, too. Triple H is no longer an active wrestler and does more backstage/business stuff. And Undertaker is due to retire soon, possibly after this upcoming Wrestlemania.

JakeTheBank

The Rock
Cena
Undertaker
Bret heart
Goldberg
Can't remember the big guy name that use to wear those tight a** draws and sit on you...I think his name was Yokasuno.
Rick Flare
Hulk Hogan
Austin

Carver, you know less about this than you do comics. Which is saying a lot.

Most of those wrestlers you mentioned would say that Jericho definitely deserves to be mentioned. Your list also doesn't have Shawn Michaels in it, so it's invalid immediately.

carver9
Carver, you know less about this than you do comics. Which is saying a lot.

Most of those wrestlers you mentioned would say that Jericho definitely deserves to be mentioned. Your list also doesn't have Shawn Michaels in it, so it's invalid immediately.

Lol...too many people to name...didn't include everyone. Honestly, I don't like the character. There are better out there.

Prep-Man
Michaels, Hart, and Sting are all awesome.

abhilegend

The Rock
Cena
Undertaker
Bret heart
Goldberg
Rick Flare
Hulk Hogan
Austin

WTH carvy? No HBK!!! You should be banned for this.durhulk

JakeTheBank
Lol...too many people to name...didn't include everyone. Honestly, I don't like the character. There are better out there.

There's more popular people than Chris Jericho. Better? Not a helluva lot of people can claim that, even if they wanted to.

Prep-Man
There's more popular people than Chris Jericho. Better? Not a helluva lot of people can claim that, even if they wanted to.

What about the 3 I listed? Sting was pretty good. one of the only guys to kinda defeat Goldberg in WCW. When he was an unstoppable beast.

-Pr-

The Rock
Cena
Undertaker
Bret heart
Goldberg
Rick Flare
Hulk Hogan
Austin

Cena? Seriously?

Yeah, Jake is right.

JakeTheBank
What about the 3 I listed? Sting was pretty good. one of the only guys to kinda defeat Goldberg in WCW. When he was an unstoppable beast.

Sting at the height of his career was pretty amazing. The whole "Crow" gimmick was well handled, even if in hindsight was pretty silly. He's also a pretty pleasant guy and works his ass off even now to put over the younger guys, which I can respect.

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart need no explanation, really. thumb up

-Pr-
Booker T better than HBK? facepalm

JakeTheBank
Shit, I like Booker, but c'mon.

If a top five greatest wrestlers of all time list doesn't have Michaels in it, I question the validity of said list instantly. If it's top ten or more and he's not mentioned, it's FUBAR to the max.

abhilegend
Ban him. J/k, j/k.
131fist

carver9

SMH. confused

JakeTheBank
SMH. confused

Okay, who is "better" than Chris Jericho?

And how?

carver9

Classic Booker T. Yes. I didn't include everyone. I could if you want me to and Jericho sure wouldn't be on it.

carver9
Okay, who is "better" than Chris Jericho?

And how?

The Rock...no explaination needed.
Steve Austin...no explaination needed.
Hulk Hogan...no explaination needed.
Rick Flare...no explaination needed.

Jericho belongs in the same category as Gold Dust.

JakeTheBank
Classic Booker T. Yes. I didn't include everyone. I could if you want me to and Jericho sure wouldn't be on it.

No.

Phuck no.

HBK before his retirement > "Classic" Booker T.

"Classic" HBK....there is no compare. On any conceivable level.

JakeTheBank
The Rock...no explaination needed.
Steve Austin...no explaination needed.
Hulk Hogan...no explaination needed.
Rick Flare...no explaination needed.

All those people are bigger names and draws than Jericho. I won't dispute that.

Jericho is undoubtedly a better technical wrestler than them and as good on the mic as any of them. Charisma wise, the guy competes evenly with the Rock...and has multiple times when they've feuded. Or, like, when he actually debuted in WWE by interrupting the Rock's promo.

In what ways are they "better", Carvy?

carver9
All those people are bigger names and draws than Jericho. I won't dispute that.

Jericho is undoubtedly a better technical wrestler than them and as good on the mic as any of them. Charisma wise, the guy competes evenly with the Rock...and has multiple times when they've feuded. Or, like, when he actually debuted in WWE by interrupting the Rock's promo.

In what ways are they "better", Carvy?

Lol...do you truly believe Jericho is better on the Mic than the Rock. Come on Jake.

JakeTheBank
Lol...do you truly believe Jericho is better on the Mic than the Rock. Come on Jake.

I suggest reading my posts before replying to them.

I said:

Charisma wise, the guy competes evenly with the Rock...and has multiple times when they've feuded. Or, like, when he actually debuted in WWE by interrupting the Rock's promo.

carver9
I suggest reading my posts before replying to them.

I said:

I agree with charisma but you are giving him too much credit. Where is the proper thread where we can debate this because I can post vids for days proving my case. I haven't kept up lately with wrestling because it was slowly reverting to soap operas but I have seen enough to know what I am saying is truthful. Point me to the right direction and I will prove you wrong tomorrow.

JakeTheBank
I agree with charisma but you are giving him too much credit. Where is the proper thread where we can debate this because I can post vids for days proving my case. I haven't kept up lately with wrestling because it was slowly reverting to soap operas but I have seen enough to know what I am saying is truthful. Point me to the right direction and I will prove you wrong tomorrow.

I'm not giving him any more credit than he deserves. If Jericho wasn't as good as you claim, he wouldn't have been made the first ever Undisputed Champion by going over Rock and Austin in the same night. Do you not comprehend how HUGE that was? And in his second year of WWE no less? It was one of the biggest upsets ever and they wouldn't have booked him to go over if they didn't think he could carry the company. And that's without factoring in the fact that he's the most prolific IC champion in history, and has put on legendary matches with Rock, Austin, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Kane (ie. The Attitude Era's best). And he's gone over all of them at least once. The industry respects him immensely for his in-ring ability, charisma, and the fact that unlike other people his age who are trying to just get themselves over, he gives back to the industry by sharing his knowledge of the business with the younger guys.

You challenging me to whatever-this-is and showing up is as likely as you going through with a BZ with either Quan or Rage.

-Pr-

Michaels would beat Booker. Jericho would beat Booker.

Possibly the most retarded thing I've read today.

carver9
I'm not giving him any more credit than he deserves. If Jericho wasn't as good as you claim, he wouldn't have been made the first ever Undisputed Champion by going over Rock and Austin in the same night. Do you not comprehend how HUGE that was? And in his second year of WWE no less? It was one of the biggest upsets ever and they wouldn't have booked him to go over if they didn't think he could carry the company. And that's without factoring in the fact that he's the most prolific IC champion in history, and has put on legendary matches with Rock, Austin, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Kane (ie. The Attitude Era's best). And he's gone over all of them at least once. The industry respects him immensely for his in-ring ability, charisma, and the fact that unlike other people his age who are trying to just get themselves over, he gives back to the industry by sharing his knowledge of the business with the younger guys.

You challenging me to whatever-this-is and showing up is as likely as you going through with a BZ with either Quan or Rage.

Concession accepted. I never said he didn't make a name for himself, I said you are giving him too much credit. A lot of people love the character and I'm trying to understand why. I'll start looking back at wrestling to see if he has done a 360 because if not...

carver9
Michaels would beat Booker. Jericho would beat Booker.

Possibly the most retarded thing I've read today.

Classic Booker. You are getting the eras mixed up.

Lol...I was just trying to piss Jake off. It didn't work though.

JakeTheBank
Concession accepted. I never said he didn't make a name for himself, I said you are giving him too much credit. A lot of people love the character and I'm trying to understand why. I'll start looking back at wrestling to see if he has done a 360 because if not...

I didn't concede anything.

How am I giving him too much credit? By explaining how what he's done is impressive and how the industry itself - not just the fans and marks - respect him? A lot of people like Jericho and rightfully so; he's a great all rounder wrestler who can brawl, do mat based technical wrestling, high flying/lucha libre, and can put on a good match with any one. He's got a unique personality, and is great on the mic, whether he's face or heel.

What the hell are you basing him not being that impressive on? Him winning or losing matches? Because those are booked by the writers and creative control team, brah.

-Pr-
Classic Booker. You are getting the eras mixed up.

Lol...I was just trying to piss Jake off. It didn't work though.

No, I'm not.

Raptor22
Goldd Dust as a character is a joke. Dusty Rhodes the wrestler behind the character is one of the most respected people in the history of the business, both in ring and out. I don't think that's what Carver meant, but the point could be argued.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Raptor22
Goldd Dust as a character is a joke. Dusty Rhodes the wrestler behind the character is one of the most respected people in the history of the business, both in ring and out. I don't think that's what Carver meant, but the point could be argued.

I doubt Carv meant it like that.

But I agree with your statement 100%.

srankmissingnin
Yeah, all this post basically is "Wolverine is awesome and he can totally maim people".

He cut King Thor's arm and caused him pain. He didn't render his arm useless and trying to attribute his lost arm from an hour long + fight with Hulk/Thing to Wolverine is misleading. Further more, per current depictions, a crazed, out for blood Wolverine only managed to make kitty scratches on Thor's Asgardian skin. He drew blood. That's it. Thor was in no where near terrible shape, much less dying. Eventually, Logan's damage would have added up, but he didn't display anything close to the damage you're trying to spin it as. Lol at trying to use Wolverine cutting up Ragnarok as evidence he'd do the same to Thor, who is far more durable and powerful than a bootleg cybernetic-clone. Gladiator's also less durable than Thor and Hulk, so big whoop. And he still wasn't in grievous shape. I guess I should congratulate Logan for stabbing Thanos who depowered himself with the IG?

So again, when Logan nearly kills someone of durability on par with Citizen Steel, which is imho, portrayed to be > Thor's (who Logan can't deal damage beyond fine cuts and slashes unless he's given time to wear down Thor and his Asgardian skin), I have no reason to believe that Wolverine might be able to possibly cut up Citizen Steel because it sounds right. And considering you entered this thread with hardly any knowledge of the character primarily being discussed at the time, you're in no position to critique anyone, least all of someone who knows who Citizen Steel is and what he's capable.

Wolverine didn't fail to significantly damage Thor because Thor is too durable, he failed to significantly injure Thor because Thor was conveniently protected by the plot shield that protects all major characters from being killed off. On the forum Citizen Steel doesn't have the luxury of being saved by prevalent comic book tropes like Thor does in an actual issue. Wolverine only landed glancing blows on Thor because if he connected cleanly in the right spot... Thor would die, and Marvel isn't going to kill off one of their intellectual properties every time two characters fight. The same thing happens every time Wolverine throws down with a character like Punisher. Punisher doesn't get "kitty scratches" on his chest because he is soooooooooooo durable that is all Wolverine can muster up, it's because if Wolverine connected cleanly Punisher would be dead. It's called PIS... and stuff like that is the reason why rules that clarify what is and what is not considered valid and applicable. If Wolverine can get full penetration on someone like Gladiator, then he can kill him, it just comes down to placement of the blows and on forum matches Wolverine isn't limited to glancing and nonlethal blows shoulder. I know you find it difficult to give Wolverine even a monocrum of respect but the guy has has cut Thanos, Gladiator, Magog, Count Nef, Elder Gods and virtually every top tier high durability character short of Classic Juggernaut.

You spend all day trying to rationalize why all Wolverine's feats don't matter instead of just excepting the way he has been portrayed virtually since his inception. Wolverine stabs Thanos, and you say "Well... Thanos probably depowered himself for that to happen!" Seriously? Based on what? Nothing in the story even suggests at that possibility, in reality he was more powerful than ever with the IG in is possession. I mean... just how difficult is it for you to give Wolverine his dues? At least your delusion that Hulk ripped off the arm we just happened to see Wolverine cut through a few panels earlier (because... as well all know super hero comics are known for the subtlety) has some basis in reality.

wildernesss
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine didn't fail to significantly damage Thor because Thor is too durable, he failed to significantly injure Thor because Thor was conveniently protected by the plot shield that protects all major characters from being killed off. On the forum Citizen Steel doesn't have the luxury of being saved by prevalent comic book tropes like Thor does in an actual issue. Wolverine only landed glancing blows on Thor because if he connected cleanly in the right spot... Thor would die, and Marvel isn't going to kill off one of their intellectual properties every time two characters fight. The same thing happens every time Wolverine throws down with a character like Punisher. Punisher doesn't get "kitty scratches" on his chest because he is soooooooooooo durable that is all Wolverine can muster up, it's because if Wolverine connected cleanly Punisher would be dead. It's called PIS... and stuff like that is the reason why rules that clarify what is and what is not considered valid and applicable. If Wolverine can get full penetration on someone like Gladiator, then he can kill him, it just comes down to placement of the blows and on forum matches Wolverine isn't limited to glancing and nonlethal blows shoulder. I know you find it difficult to give Wolverine even a monocrum of respect but the guy has has cut Thanos, Gladiator, Magog, Count Nef, Elder Gods and virtually every top tier high durability character short of Classic Juggernaut.

You spend all day trying to rationalize why all Wolverine's feats don't matter instead of just excepting the way he has been portrayed virtually since his inception. Wolverine stabs Thanos, and you say "Well... Thanos probably depowered himself for that to happen!" Seriously? Based on what? Nothing in the story even suggests at that possibility, in reality he was more powerful than ever with the IG in is possession. I mean... just how difficult is it for you to give Wolverine his dues? At least your delusion that Hulk ripped off the arm we just happened to see Wolverine cut through a few panels earlier (because... as well all know super hero comics are known for the subtlety) has some basis in reality.

thumb up

JakeTheBank

Uh huh.

The thickness of Thor's Asgardian skin prevented Logan from doing much damage initially. Said advantage wouldn't last forever, but it was enough to turn otherwise seriously damaging claw swipes into superficial, surface damage slashes. The comic states that and shows us that. While no Wolverine in the healing factor, Thor heals from his very minor and non life threatening injuries quickly enough. Trying to spin it into anything but that is ridiculous. If Thor used the full measure of his power and strength, if he didn't kill Wolverine, he'd easily one shot him. But you're the same guy who said Daken tanked a godblast during Siege, so I could just be wasting my breath. The comparison to Punisher and Thor is just...wow.

The rest of this drivel has already been discussed. If you think Wolverine can do lasting harm to Citizen Steel, by all means, prove it. But if Wolverine, who wanted to kill "Sabretooth", only managed to cut Thor just barely - while Thor was holding back and just trying to calm down Logan - I don't think his chances are good against a guy I'd honestly say rates higher than Thor in the durability department.

srankmissingnin
Uh huh.

The thickness of Thor's Asgardian skin prevented Logan from doing much damage initially. Said advantage wouldn't last forever, but it was enough to turn otherwise seriously damaging claw swipes into superficial, surface damage slashes. The comic states that and shows us that. While no Wolverine in the healing factor, Thor heals from his very minor and non life threatening injuries quickly enough. Trying to spin it into anything but that is ridiculous. If Thor used the full measure of his power and strength, if he didn't kill Wolverine, he'd easily one shot him. But you're the same guy who said Daken tanked a godblast during Siege, so I could just be wasting my breath. The comparison to Punisher and Thor is just...wow.

The rest of this drivel has already been discussed. If you think Wolverine can do lasting harm to Citizen Steel, by all means, prove it. But if Wolverine, who wanted to kill "Sabretooth", only managed to cut Thor just barely - while Thor was holding back and just trying to calm down Logan - I don't think his chances are good against a guy I'd honestly say rates higher than Thor in the durability department.

Thor's "thick skin" didn't turn otherwise serious damage into superficial surface damage, it turned superficial surface damage into even more superficial surface damage. Wolverine only landed glancing blows. They would have been glancing blows on anyone. On a street level they attacks may have got passed the epidermis and just slightly damaged the dermis... but that is it. On the Thor the glancing blows damage was relegated to the outer level of dermis only because it is thicker than normal. That is like the difference between a paper cut, and a slightly different paper cut. He wasn't turning direct full on blows into nothing with his epic durability, he was only getting clipped with nothing glancing blows. We've seen what happens when Wolverine lands flush time and time again, and that isn't it. You don't like the Punisher comparison but that's what happened. Wolverine was prevent form landing flush blows, because Thor can't survive that sort of damage and plot shielding was necessary. We aren't slaves to comic tropes like that here though and Wolverine gets to fight to the best of ability, which means no feeble glancing blows or using his claws merely as a distance gauge.

Galan007
Adamantium is a hell of a drug. Wolverine has cut some of the most durable beings in comics. I see no reason on why he couldn't potentially rip through Citizen Steel. CS is more durable than Kryptonians (inc. KC Superman.) Wolverine isn't cutting him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
CS is more durable than Kryptonians (inc. KC Superman.) Wolverine isn't cutting him.

thumb up

Even if we give Logan the benefit of the doubt, which people are want to do anyway, there's no reason in hell to assume it would be anything more than superficial scratches.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine can cut anyone who doesn't posses magically endowed true invulnerability like Classic Juggernaut.

Galan007
thumb up

Even if we give Logan the benefit of the doubt, which people are want to do anyway, there's no reason in hell to assume it would be anything more than superficial scratches. Scratches are the worst injuries I could agree with CS sustaining.

...But personally, I'm not of the opinion that Wolverine could give a Kryptonian a severe injury either. /shrug

JakeTheBank
Wolverine can cut anyone who doesn't posses magically endowed true invulnerability like Classic Juggernaut.

Juggernaut's not "truly" invulnerable, either. Force field activated/on/up/whatever, that's different, but even then, his force field isn't omnipotent.

srankmissingnin
It can be bypassed magically and with other more esoteric abilities, but not via blunt force or conventional means.

abhilegend
It can be bypassed magically and with other more esoteric abilities, but not via blunt force or conventional means.
Shatterstar cut his eye out IIRC. Btw logan ain't cutting citizen steel.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by abhilegend
That was reconnt. And Shatter star blade is magical to boot.

srankmissingnin

Which he did via a magic sword.

abhilegend
Which he did via a magic sword.
Was it? I thought it was just a sword built in mojoverse.

abhilegend
That was reconnt. And Shatter star blade is magical to boot.
Where was it retconned?

srankmissingnin
Was it? I thought it was just a sword built in mojoverse.

The Mojoverse, where magic and science are intertwined. I that that explanation was even given in the example you are citing...

Galan007
Meh, nothing was ever capable of harming CS. Not even slightly.

Gog's punches? Ineffectual.
Power Girl's punches? Ineffectual.
BL Kal-L's punches? Ineffectual.
Pemberton's magical blasts? Ineffectual.
A strike from a giant God of Parador? Ineffectual.
Stone golems powerful enough to harm Power Girl? Ineffectual.
The Sword of Atlantis? Ineffectual. (it snapped when it contacted his skin.)
Blasts from Alan Scott? Ineffectual.
etc.

My only point is that no force ever succeeded in doing more than knocking CS down--invulnerability is what he does. Wolverine doing more than scratching him doesn't make a lick of sense. /shrug

Parmaniac
Meh, nothing was ever capable of harming CS. Not even slightly.

The Sword of Atlantis? Ineffectual. (it snapped when it contacted his skin.) That's the only usable example, I know next to nothing about CS though.

Galan007
That's the only usable example, I know next to nothing about CS though. His durability is beyond that of Kryptonians (ie. Power Girl, Superman, KC Superman.) That's all the evidence I need. /shrug

Parmaniac
His durability is beyond that of Kryptonians (ie. Power Girl, Superman, KC Superman.) That's all the evidence I need. /shrug My only point was that piercing/cutting durability in comics is different than blunt force.

Galan007
My only point was that piercing/cutting durability in comics is different than blunt force. I agree. But when CS was never harmed by any force used against him, and when he demonstrated durability superior to that of Kryptonians, it leads me to believe that Wolverine's claws *might* scratch him, but that's about it.

Just MO. smile

Parmaniac
Fair enough, prepare yourself for insane arguments though.

srankmissingnin
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzgbq9YBlk1ro5111o1_500.jpg

Given the chance Wolverine would cut up Superman too. For instance if Clark just stood there all Man of Steel, with his chest puffed out and his hands on his side and let Wolverine get a free shoot... he would be in a world of hurt. Maybe Bryne's force field Superman could shrug it off, but no Superman who's "invulnerability" is attributed to durability alone. The guy stabbed Mangog for goodness sake.

Prep-Man
If the SOA didn't do anything, I doubt Wolverine would.

Merlyn
Don't really care about this argument, but I'd just like to point out that even Hellverine's initial slash-attach wasn't sufficient to cut Colossus:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883174_Wolverine_004_012.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883177_Wolverine_004_014.jpg

And yes, Hellverine was amped beyond his normal levels:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883180_wwwpossessed_wolverine.jpg
Hellverine: "We are NOT the Logan you knew... We are an improvement in EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY."
Raven: "You may be STRONGER and FASTER than Logan..."

So if Colossus can tank a slash-attach from an AMPED Wolverine, I have no doubt that Citizen Steel could tank a LOT more then that... Especially from a BASE level Wolverine.

srankmissingnin
Glancing blow. Helverine cut the crap out of Colossus later. cool

Prep-Man
CS would ko him before he got the chance. Besides CS is waaaay more durable than Colossus.

Merlyn
laughing out loud "Glancing blow" my arse. Colossus stood there and tanked full on slash-attack from an AMPED Wolverine.

Based on feats, Citizen's durability is WELL above Colossus's. So if Colossus can tank a slash-attack from an AMPED Wolverine, then Citizen should be able to tank a shit-ton of slashes from a BASE level Wolverine before a scratch starts to form.

So suck it. ninja

srankmissingnin
No he did. We see what a full on slash attack from an that amped Wolverine does to Colossus in that very issue only a few pages later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Wolverine_004_019.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Wolverine_004_020.jpg

If Wolverine connects clean - amped or other wise- Colossus is f@ck. I know it. You know it. Colossus knows it.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8845/wolvcolossus7xnaw2.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8281/colossusclawsyp6.jpg

leonidas
yeah, i don't see logan cutting CS and i don't see him cutting superman either....

Merlyn
No he did. We see what a full on slash attack from an that amped Wolverine does to Colossus in that very issue only a few pages later. laughing out loud

Point out to me where it is remotely alluded to that it was a glancing blow:
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10883823_Wolverine_004_012.jpg
I see Hellverine charging. I see Colossus standing there. I see Hellverine DIRECTLY slash Colossus. I see it NO damage dealt to Colossus whatsoever.

After Hellverine struck him full-on, Colossus grabs him and throws him out of the building. Hellverine comes back and proceeds to cut Colossus. I could see you arguing that Hellverine was simply exerting himself MORE during "round 2", but to call his initial attack a "glancing blow" when it CLEARLY was NOT, is hysterical.

The other scans you posted don't prove anything... They are simply unfounded character statements. I recall an instance in which Wolverine (in the Danger Room) killed all of the X-Men (inc. Colossus.) But then he exits and remarks that he isn't sure how reliable that simulation was, as he didn't know if he could pierce Colossus's hide in RL. That is no different then the other 'proof' you posted, which is why I would never use it as such.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i don't see logan cutting CS and i don't see him cutting superman either....

Because Superman and CS > Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, am I right???

Originally posted by Merlyn
laughing out loud

Point out to me where it is remotely alluded to that it was a glancing blow:
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10883823_Wolverine_004_012.jpg
I see Hellverine charging. I see Colossus standing there. I see Hellverine DIRECTLY slash Colossus. I see it NO damage dealt to Colossus whatsoever.

After Hellverine struck him full-on, Colossus grabs him and throws him out of the building. Hellverine comes back and proceeds to cut Colossus. I could see you arguing that Hellverine was simply exerting himself MORE during "round 2", but to call his initial attack a "glancing blow" when it CLEARLY was NOT, is hysterical.

The other scans you posted don't prove anything... They are simply unfounded character statements. I recall an instance in which Wolverine (in the Danger Room) killed all of the X-Men (inc. Colossus.) But then he exits and remarks that he isn't sure how reliable that simulation was, as he didn't know if he could pierce Colossus's hide in RL. That is no different then the other 'proof' you posted, that is why I would never use it as such.

I just showed you where it was alluded to. The example needs to be viewed with in the context of the issue it was in. In the issue Wolverine was shown to have no trouble cutting up Colossus, several times. Colossus can't be impenetrable to Wolverine's claws, while at the same time get cut up by him like a turkey. Those are about as mutual exclusive as two things can possible be. So what is the most obvious reason for Wolverine failing to cut Colossus in the initial exchange? He only landed a glancing blow. A comic book trope as old as time itself, saving streets from bricks and bricks from Wolverine since the dawn of the Marvel Age.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i don't see logan cutting CS and i don't see him cutting superman either.... Agreed. I wasn't aware of Colossus no-selling Hellverine's first attack. If he is capable of doing that, then the FAR more durable CS would almost surely laugh off baseline Wolvie's attacks, imo.

Because Superman and CS > Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, am I right??? Was this the same Thanos /w/ IG that was also staggered by Iron Man:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883949_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-20.jpg

By Cyclops?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883951_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-21.jpg

By Cloak?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883953_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-23.jpg

By Firelord/Drax?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883954_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-24.jpg

By Spidey?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883957_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-28.jpg

By Thor?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883958_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-281.jpg

Um... Your point is duly noted..? confused

Merlyn
Because Superman and CS > Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, am I right???

I just showed you where it was alluded to. The example needs to be viewed with in the context of the issue it was in. In the issue Wolverine was shown to have no trouble cutting up Colossus, several times. Colossus can't be impenetrable to Wolverine's claws, while at the same time get cut up by him like a turkey. Those are about as mutual exclusive as two things can possible be. So what is the most obvious reason for Wolverine failing to cut Colossus in the initial exchange? He only landed a glancing blow. A comic book trope as old as time itself, saving streets from bricks and bricks from Wolverine since the dawn of the Marvel Age. I can't agree. The scan I posted speaks for itself. Colossus CLEARLY tanked a full-on slash from Hellverine... But was pierced by his subsequent slashes, which were concentrated in the same general quadrant of his body.

Not a whole lot different than punches in that respect. For instance, one punch from Orion might not hurt Superman... But 4, 5, 6 punches in roughly the same area would almost certainly hurt Supes.

Parmaniac
Spidey is legit everything else is PIS

srankmissingnin
I can't agree. The scan I posted speaks for itself. Colossus CLEARLY tanked a full-on slash from Hellverine... But was pierced by his subsequent slashes, which were concentrated in the same general quadrant of his body.

Not a whole lot different than punches in that respect. For instance, one punch from Orion might not hurt Superman... But 4, 5, 6 punches in roughly the same area would almost certainly hurt Supes.

The scan doesn't show Colossus clearly doing anything. It shows Wolverine prior to the attack, and then Wolverine afterward in his fallow through with some sparks flying... and then the rest of the issue shows Wolverine cut him up with out any effort. The moment Wolverine comes back from being tossed he draws blood with his first slash on Colossus. It's not like he is cutting the same area over and over again like an exato knife, each new blow draws blood and the trail of the claws are clearly shown. It's not like he just scratched at him like a loto ticket until something got through, each of his individual attacks penetrated in clean straight lines.

Agreed. I wasn't aware of Colossus no-selling Hellverine's first attack. If he is capable of doing that, then the FAR more durable CS would almost surely laugh off baseline Wolvie's attacks, imo.

Was this the same Thanos /w/ IG that was also staggered by Iron Man:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883949_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-20.jpg

By Cyclops?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883951_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-21.jpg

By Cloak?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883953_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-23.jpg

By Firelord/Drax?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883954_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-24.jpg

By Spidey?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883957_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-28.jpg

By Thor?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10883958_Infinity_Gauntlet_4-281.jpg

Um... Your point is duly noted..? confused

Nothing is even happening in most of those scans... why even post the first four?

Merlyn
each of his individual attacks penetrated in clean straight lines. Except the first one. Clearly. wink

srankmissingnin
Except the first one. Clearly. wink

Because it was a glancing blow. wink

In the context of the entire issue there is no room for it to be anything but.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>